New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    The thing is they are meant to just be wizards who focused on combat in the desert also I don't think it will fit with the flavour of my setting at all.
    I only meant it as a suggestion for the flavor source for their magical prowess. Outside of setting specific fluff (which in the confines of this contest is unexplained), there's no explanation from where Wizards draw their magic.

I plan to only Sand Points on spells which could be done with sand, also I'd have to move Living Desert down to level one. And it would distance itself even further from Wizards.
    Was just suggesting.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    I only meant it as a suggestion for the flavor source for their magical prowess. Outside of setting specific fluff (which in the confines of this contest is unexplained), there's no explanation from where Wizards draw their magic.

Was just suggesting.
    I hope my responses didn't sound rude, I was trying to justify why I disagreed with your suggestions.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope my responses didn't sound rude, I was trying to justify why I disagreed with your suggestions.
    They didn't, I was just assuring that I wasn't meaning to be rude if I was coming off so.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the last days of last month's contest are here. Hope you all have your entries completed and shined to where you want them to be.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Last day of the contest folks. Hope you're ready!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry it was an hour late (was playing League of Legends ), but the voting thread is up!

And the first post has been updated, along with my sig, so hopefully you all can find the new contest again now to enter.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

When is the deadline for "A Day in the Life?"

Edit: Derp, derp I can read.
    Last edited by Novawurmson; 2012-08-09 at 01:16 PM.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't forget to vote everyone!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I don't get the theme of the competition. You haven't explained it in the thread at all.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DawnbringerSO View Post
    I don't get the theme of the competition. You haven't explained it in the thread at all.
    Go give it another read over and let me know if you still don't see the theme.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Go give it another read over and let me know if you still don't see the theme.
    All I see is "A day in the life" and then the rules.

What am I supposed to do with that? There's nothing describing what "A day in the life" entails.

If it was something obvious like "Undead Slayer" then sure. But you give no way to know what you're talking about.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

All I see is "A day in the life" and then the rules.

What am I supposed to do with that? There's nothing describing what "A day in the life" entails.

If it was something obvious like "Undead Slayer" then sure. But you give no way to know what you're talking about.
    Read Rule 1.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh and before I forget...

Milestone moment folks! We've hit over 10k views! =D

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Read Rule 1.
    So basically, any race I can think of. It doesn't have to follow a specific theme.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Firbolg in the Playground

So basically, any race I can think of. It doesn't have to follow a specific theme.
    Yes. The theme is races.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. The theme is races.
    This. You just make up an original race and all the bells and whistles to go with it.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hey, I'm back from playing video games and I'll make an entry for this competition and actually finish for once, since races are easier for me to do.
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it" - Edgar Allen Poe

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterstalker2 View Post
    Hey, I'm back from playing video games and I'll make an entry for this competition and actually finish for once, since races are easier for me to do.
    Looking forward to seeing your first entry to be voted upon.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I'm still looking for a new idea for a race, construct race ended up being unplayable.

I've been tempted to dip into my love of TMNT for ideas.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Halfling in the Playground

Apologies for missing the past few competitions - been having a very hectic summer. However, this contest has finally provided me the kick in the pants I needed to update an old race of mine to Pathfinder compliance-ness. I had intended to do it once the Advanced Race Guide came out, and, well... this competition here gives me a great imperative to do just that. Pathfinder's been out for years now, and so it's high time I updated the sythen to the edition I'm currently DMing, erm, GMing for, eh? Most excellent...
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    I'm still looking for a new idea for a race, construct race ended up being unplayable.

I've been tempted to dip into my love of TMNT for ideas.
    Yeah, that's how Pathfinder chose to roll with it. Either all you get is Construct traits for a race, or you get no Construct-y-ness at all.

And definitely dip into TMNT, especially the Mirage era for the comics. There are plenty of mutates who'd make good inspiration for races.

Quote Originally Posted by TARDIS View Post
    Apologies for missing the past few competitions - been having a very hectic summer. However, this contest has finally provided me the kick in the pants I needed to update an old race of mine to Pathfinder compliance-ness. I had intended to do it once the Advanced Race Guide came out, and, well... this competition here gives me a great imperative to do just that. Pathfinder's been out for years now, and so it's high time I updated the sythen to the edition I'm currently DMing, erm, GMing for, eh? Most excellent...
    Just glad to see you back old bean! Real life is always more important than cyberspace, but returning contestants are always a positive thing to see (especially when they conveniently bump a thread I needed bumped but didn't want to have to myself. ).

Oh and please do cast your vote for the previous contest if you get a chance; today is the last day to vote on it.

22. - Top - End - #382

EvilClericGuy

@Trollbrau:
    I have a set of whats been released in hardback so far as well as the old Archie Comic TMNT and the new IDW stuff, the IDW and Mirage versions are best by far.

I'm tempted to either make the Triceraton or Tortle race, master splinter is easily a ratfolk. So many options, so little time and ways to reproduce it. I would say lets make Krang but who wants to play a talking alien brain thing?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

@Trollbrau:
    I have a set of whats been released in hardback so far as well as the old Archie Comic TMNT and the new IDW stuff, the IDW and Mirage versions are best by far.

I'm tempted to either make the Triceraton or Tortle race, master splinter is easily a ratfolk. So many options, so little time and ways to reproduce it. I would say lets make Krang but who wants to play a talking alien brain thing?
    Dunno, Utroms sound like they'd be fun to stat up.

24. - Top - End - #384

EvilClericGuy

Dunno, Utroms sound like they'd be fun to stat up.
    They do sound fun to stat up but how would I replicate the whole 'needs robot body to go.' I think I'll stat up a tortle race to work with my conversion notes if thats fine with you?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

They do sound fun to stat up but how would I replicate the whole 'needs robot body to go.' I think I'll stat up a tortle race to work with my conversion notes if thats fine with you?
    Well, a 3rd party publisher just put out a new Pathfinder compatible Psionics rule book that introduced a base class that basically makes power armor as a class feature. The iconic example character is a Blue who stands 5 foot+ because of it:

Spoiler
    Show

It's not up on the Pathfinder SRD yet (it just came out) but if you can find the class you can give them a racial ability that creates one specific variety of the Power armor options the class gets.

26. - Top - End - #386

EvilClericGuy

True the Aegis is a good way to replicate the need for a suit and the guys at PFD20SRD have a list of other stuff to update with psionics on the back burner. When they update the psionic section that will be on my list though, I'd love to place a crashed Utrom ship in my game to replicate a scenario where mutagen is exposed to create new races of 'beastmen' and organic steels/sky metal.

I'll most likely go for the tortle races for this contest, and depending on next months I might try something a little more psionic either as ultrom or a class. I thought of doing Tricertons but then remembered they are all technology and conquer everyone else, not exactly a good player race so I think a turtle race with alternate racial traits to make Tokka, Slash, and the Dark Turtles possible.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

True the Aegis is a good way to replicate the need for a suit and the guys at PFD20SRD have a list of other stuff to update with psionics on the back burner. When they update the psionic section that will be on my list though, I'd love to place a crashed Utrom ship in my game to replicate a scenario where mutagen is exposed to create new races of 'beastmen' and organic steels/sky metal.

I'll most likely go for the tortle races for this contest, and depending on next months I might try something a little more psionic either as ultrom or a class. I thought of doing Tricertons but then remembered they are all technology and conquer everyone else, not exactly a good player race so I think a turtle race with alternate racial traits to make Tokka, Slash, and the Dark Turtles possible.
    I look forward to seeing your entry.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it wasn't easy, but the voting has ended for last month's contest! Congratulations to everyone who placed this time around and I'll have the trophies out when I can.

Remember that this month's contest still has a little over 2 weeks left in it, so make sure to submit your entry if you haven't already!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Can I create a Rhox?

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I create a Rhox?
    Sure! It'd be nice to see a base race of Rhino people.