New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

This class now has Prefix and Tags thanks to Glyphstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    Reading over the associations gives me the same bubbly feeling that I get when I flip through a new Player's Handbook for a system I want to try.
    Thanks!
    As it grows, this class is starting to look less like a class and more like a subsystem. You could run a whole party of Trissociates - heck, you could run multiple games with parties of Trissociates - and not have much overlap at all!
    Designer Intent was to provide a method of generating exotic but still balanced (hopefully) characters which, do not quite fit an existing archetype. However, while generating the custom class may be a subsystem, its in-game usage largely sticks to commonly known D&D 3.5 rules (with only the Mastery Point system being entirely new).

The fact is that most GMs do not allow homebrew. And the ones that do allow it, prefer not to have to read through an entire subsystem. (Which was why the EZ-Trissociate program was made, to quickly compile everything the GM/Player needs into one page.)
    I could see a place for axiomatic and chaotic outsider associations, perhaps.
    I would, but I have no half-Axiomatic or half-Anarchic template to refer to.
    Or associations for some popular homebrew classes/subsystems like gunslingers, evokers, grammarists, spellshapers or evolutionists. (A mythos association might be overkill, do you think?)
    Not to mention Ozodrin and Tome of Radiance!
    Are you still looking to expand the class?
    You can leave suggestions, and I will think about them when I have a *significantly* more free time. Right now I'm waayyyy behind on my work
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ah, yes. I suppose this isn't a subsystem, is it? Nevertheless, it feels like a bigger addition to the game than just a class.

I do have one notion for an Association that is so simple that it almost feels like cheating: Fighter Association. Bonus fighter feat at association level 1, then another at every even level. I'll admit that it still feels lackluster, so I might have to raid the Fighter Fix Features thread for more stuff to add. It probably needs something at association level 19 at least. The main advantage to having something like this is that it would allow somebody to have all three of their tracks be martial if they... you know, if they decided to play a Trissociate in spite of wanting to be a purely martial character for whatever reason.

Pair o' Dice Lost made half-axiomatic and half-anarchic templates, so he might be the guy to ask there. He mentions them here and has an entry for the axiomite, but I haven't been able to find them otherwise. Otherwise, I was going to suggest working from the Axiomatic and Anarchic templates, but there's not a lot to them, is there? Apparently there are also planetouched races for law and chaos - the Zenythri and Chaond.

Concerning your notes about adapting the half-plant template into a half-construct; what do you think the plant template would have to give up in exchange for the ability to install warforged components?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Could you write a guide on how one would convert a class into an association?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

I do have one notion for an Association that is so simple that it almost feels like cheating: Fighter Association. Bonus fighter feat at association level 1, then another at every even level. I'll admit that it still feels lackluster, so I might have to raid the Fighter Fix Features thread for more stuff to add. It probably needs something at association level 19 at least. The main advantage to having something like this is that it would allow somebody to have all three of their tracks be martial if they... you know, if they decided to play a Trissociate in spite of wanting to be a purely martial character for whatever reason.
    Although technically classified as skill assocations, Ranger, Rogue or Scout Associations are nonetheless fairly combat oriented, and can be used on a mundane martial character.
    Pair o' Dice Lost made half-axiomatic and half-anarchic templates, so he might be the guy to ask there. He mentions them here and has an entry for the axiomite, but I haven't been able to find them otherwise. Otherwise, I was going to suggest working from the Axiomatic and Anarchic templates, but there's not a lot to them, is there? Apparently there are also planetouched races for law and chaos - the Zenythri and Chaond.
    I will see what I can do with that when I have a bit more free time.
    Concerning your notes about adapting the half-plant template into a half-construct; what do you think the plant template would have to give up in exchange for the ability to install warforged components?
    Half-Undead actually. Being able to install Warforged components should probably cost a Feat at least. I'm pondering whether it should be just 1 feat for all components, or each feat allows you X components.
    Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    Could you write a guide on how one would convert a class into an association?
    Here is a draft:

Designing Your Own New Assocations
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps you want to design an Association based on another class, which I have not covered. Here is a rough guide on things to keep in mind:

As mentioned above, the target Tier for a Trissociate as a whole is 3 (fun without being overpowering). As such, the amount of features from your target class, to pack into an Association should depend in part on what tier that target class is.

For the top tier classes, I have tried to break it down to slightly less than 1/4 of the power. E.g. whereas a unspecialized Wizard normally gains 4 spell slots at each spell level, a Trissociate only gains 1, and even then he has massively delayed spell progression. He also does not have anywhere near as many feats.

Whereas for lower tier base classes, its Association might carry more than 1/4 of what that class might do. E.g. The Paladin Association comprises about 1/2 of the Paladin's class features.

Try to add class features, or advance existing class features of an Association (e.g. sneak attack) on odd Associate level. As mentioned above this minimizes dead levels, as the primary assocations will gain class features on odd Trissociate levels, while the secondary associations (with a 1 level delay) will gain class features on even Trissociate levels.

The aim of this class is customization. Try to make an Association applicable to a variety of uses. For example, the Monk has Flurry of blows as one of its main class features, but it only applies to a limited selection of weapons. I have made it into the Weapon Master Association, and it now applies to any weapon, making it useful for Warriors and Archers as well.

If you are uncertain as to what class features to add at which level, you can allow players to choose from several options. E.g. the Lycanthrope Association lets you pick what abilities you want. If some options are particularly strong, break this strong ability into smaller fragments that must be taken individually. E.g. the Martial Sage provides increasing spell resistance over several steps.

See if the Association can utilize Mastery Points in some way. As a general rule of thumb: 1 Mastery Point should be about equal to 1 spell level (or 2 PP) out of combat. And 2 Mastery Points should be about equal to 1 spell level (or 2 PP) in combat.

Remember to provide feat support for alternate ability scores where reasonable. For example, a Martial Sage could use Archaic Sage to apply Intelligence or Charisma to determine his AC bonus and Ki pool, in place of wisdom. But a wizard Associate should NOT be able to use Constitution or Strength to determine his spell access and DC.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

5. - Top - End - #125

Thanks! When I'm home tonight I'l try my hand at the Ozodrin, and then probably more classes once I've got the hang of it. For classes that are already tier 4, do we want about 1/3 strength? And do we tone down the strength/usefulness of class features att any given level, or lower the number of class features granted? Assuming the second, ozodrin features would be unlocked at the same rate, but you would have fewer form points per level?

Also, my interpretation says no, but if it could be possible to take associations multiple times, or havemultiple or tiers of associations for a single class, the system could easily replace conventional classes in games, since normal, single class builds would be possible.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2014-04-08 at 10:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

I love this idea! It's very simple, but it opens up a whole new world of characters. I particularly like the idea of playing the ultimate scholar - Wizard/Archivist/Erudite.

Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

Excellent gnome scribe avatar to match my username by licoot.

7. - Top - End - #127

I've tried, and I'm not sure how to approach things until my above questions are answered.
    Also, since bloodlines => associations, is there any reason associations => Major bloodline?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheLonelyScribe View Post
    I love this idea! It's very simple, but it opens up a whole new world of characters.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLonelyScribe View Post
    I particularly like the idea of playing the ultimate scholar - Wizard/Archivist/Erudite.
    Just try not to break the game. Homebrew already has a reputation for being broken, so try not to reinforce that. >_>

Thanks! When I'm home tonight I'l try my hand at the Ozodrin, and then probably more classes once I've got the hang of it. For classes that are already tier 4, do we want about 1/3 strength?
    About 1/3 Strength for Tier 4 sounds about right.

And do we tone down the strength/usefulness of class features att any given level, or lower the number of class features granted?
    That depends in part on how the class feature works. For something which is a growing numerical value (e.g. sneak attack, power point pool), it is probably easier to scale it down (although how much to scale it down depends again on the tier).

Even spell slots/spells known can be thought of like this: a Wizard Associate gains just 1 spell slot instead of 4.

For something which was originally all or nothing (like Half-Celestial flight), I have tried to break it down to a scaling value (progressive wings) gained at appropriate levels.

In general I try to give access to the top tier of abilities, but with delayed access and highly limited usage (so a Binder Associate can get level 8 vestiges, but can only bind 1 vestige at a time, and only gets it at level 19/20).

Also, my interpretation says no, but if it could be possible to take associations multiple times
    My preference is no, but to allow for maximum customization, there is no hard rule for that. But check with your DM.

or have multiple or tiers of associations for a single class, the system could easily replace conventional classes in games, since normal, single class builds would be possible.
    I am not sure what this means. Care to elaborate?

Also, since bloodlines => associations, is there any reason associations => Major bloodline?
    Pyromancer once did a guide on something like this. It would probably work well for the Tier 4 or lower classes.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

I can't quote on this device, so hopefully you can follow. The main barrier I see between this becoming the go to way of building characters for some groups (not that it isn't very useful as it is) is that a player who wants to be just a wizard, can't. Or two thirds wizard, for an example that isn't so easily remedied by using the standard wizard class. This isn't incredibly important, but facilitating it wouId make the system all the more adaptable. I can't always tell when i'm making sense, so hopefully I'm clearer this time.

Plan for Ozodrin: Advance 1/3 standard form points, unlocking features to spend them on at the normal rate, and unlocking the more iconic abilities such as the stomache and strange movement about two levels later than usual?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

The main barrier I see between this becoming the go to way of building characters for some groups (not that it isn't very useful as it is) is that a player who wants to be just a wizard, can't. Or two thirds wizard, for an example that isn't so easily remedied by using the standard wizard class.
    I don't intend to replace all the base classes (In fact, I would be very happy, if a DM allows this homebrew to be used in the first place).

But as mentioned above, there is no hard rule against taking the same Association 2-3 times. The main issue is that the EZ-Trissociate generator will treat them as seperate and write the exact same set of table columns and text 2-3 times.

Plan for Ozodrin: Advance 1/3 standard form points, unlocking features to spend them on at the normal rate, and unlocking the more iconic abilities such as the stomache and strange movement about two levels later than usual?
    I can't recall the details Ozodrin's abilities off the top of my head. Put out a draft and let others take a look at it.

Anyway, here is a draft for the Half-Anarchic and Half Axiomatic creatures (not yet added to EZ-trissociate). Let me know what you guys think.

Half-Anarchic Association
    Requirements
    Alignment: Half-Anarchics are usually Chaotic, but your DM may waive this requirement.

Half-Anarchic Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Anarchic Damage Reduction Anarchic Fast Healing (Max HP) Half-Anarchic Spell Like Abilities Gained Special
    Starter - - Polymorph and Petrification Resistance
    1 1/Lawful 1 (20%) Protection from Law 3/day, Detect Law 1/day Darkvision 60 ft
    2 1/Lawful 1 (20%)
    3 2/Lawful 1 (40%) Shatter 1/day Anarchic Chosen Energy Resistance 1
    4 2/Lawful 1 (40%)
    5 3/Lawful 1 (60%) Chaos Hammer 1/day, See Invisibility 1/day Anarchic Chosen Energy Resistance 2
    6 3/Lawful 1 (60%)
    7 4/Lawful 1 (80%) Fear 1/day Anarchic Chosen Energy Resistance 3
    8 4/Lawful 1 (80%)
    9 5/Lawful 1 (100%) Telekinesis 1/day Anarchic Chosen Energy Resistance 4
    10 5/Lawful 1 (100%)
    11 6/Lawful 2 (100%) Word of Chaos 1/day Anarchic Chosen Energy Resistance 5
    12 6/Lawful 2 (100%)
    13 7/Lawful 2 (100%) Cloak of Chaos 3/day, Power Word Blind 1/day, Animate Objects 1/day
    14 7/Lawful 2 (100%)
    15 8/Lawful 3 (100%) Power Word Stun 1/day Immunity to Polymorph and Petrification
    16 8/Lawful 3 (100%)
    17 9/Lawful 3 (100%) Summon Monster IX (Only Chaotic creatures, and creatures with Anarchic template instead of Celestial or Fiendish. Refer to Manual of the Planes pg 198 or Planar Handbook pg 107) 1/day Half-Anarchic Rapid Summons, Timeless Body
    18 9/Lawful 3 (100%)
    19 10/Lawful 4 (100%) Implosion 1/day Anarchic Outsider Transformation

Half-Anarchic Spell-Like Abilities Gained (Sp): You gain spell like abilities as you advance, following the progression above. The caster level equals your Trissociate level. The Save DCs, where applicable, are based on your highest mental ability score- Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma (10 + spell level + highest mental ability score modifier). You qualify for the following feat:

Half-Anarchic Physical Magic:
    Requirements: Trissociate Half-Anarchic Associate
    Benefit: You may use the highest modifier from any of your ability scores, including physical ability scores, to decide the Save DC, of the Spell Like Abilities gained from your Half-Anarchic Association. This does not affect the Spell Like Abilities gained from other sources.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

Anarchic Fast Healing (Ex): You gain the indicated amount of fast healing as you progress. However, you are initially unable to fast heal all your HP. Instead, your fast healing brings you up to a maximum percentage of your HP (rounded down), as indicated within the brackets. E.g. Lets say we have level 1 Half-Anarchic primary associate. He uses maximum HP (d6) for 1st level, and has 14 Constitution, so his total HP is 8. Hence his fast healing can take him to a maximum of 20% of his total HP or 1.6, which is rounded down to 1.

Polymorph and Petrification Resistance (Ex): You add your Trissociate level as a bonus to saving throws against Polymorph and Petrification effects.

Anarchic Chosen Energy Resistance (Ex): Select one of the following energy types (Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic). You gain Energy Resistance against that energy type equal to your Trissociate level. Each time you gain this ability, you must select a different energy type from the above list.
    Special: If you have the Chosen Energy Resistance class feature from different Associations, when you select the same energy type for multiple Associations, their effects stack. This does not apply to Chosen Energy Resistance within the same Association, since you must select a different energy type each time. For example, if you select the same Chosen Energy Resistance for 2 different Associations, your energy resistance becomes twice your Trissociate level.

Immunity to Polymorph and Petrification (Ex): You gain immunity to Polymorph and Petrification. This replaces Polymorph and Petrification Resistance.

Half-Anarchic Rapid Summons (Ex): You may use your Summoning Spell Like Abilities as a standard action. This only applies to the Summoning Spell Like Abilities gained from your Half-Anarchic Association.

Anarchic Outsider Transformation (Ex): Your ascension is complete. Choose any 3 different ability scores. You gain a +2 increment to each score, as if gained through level advancement. Your type changes to Outsider, with the Native subtype. However, you do not gain proficiency with Martial Weapons.

Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Spell Like Ability (Half-Anarchic): You may recover an expended spell like ability as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending mastery points equal to the level of the spell, which the spell like ability duplicates, you may recover 1 use of that spell like ability. Level 0 spells cost no mastery points to restore in this manner.

You can only use this to recover spell like abilities gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell like abilities gained from other classes or Associations (although they may have their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more mastery points. By spending mastery points equal to double the level of the spell, which the spell like ability duplicates, you may recover that spell like ability as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 mastery point to restore in this manner.

Anarchic Faster Healing: This ability can be triggered by spending 1 Mastery Point as a free action and does not require Mastery Meditation. It lasts for 10 rounds, during which it increases your Anarchic Fast Healing amount by your Trissociate bonus. Additionally, during this time, you can Fast Heal up to 100% of your HP, regardless of your normal limit.

E.g. Lets say we have level 1 Half-Anarchic primary associate. He uses maximum HP (d6) for 1st level, and has 14 Constitution, so his total HP is 8. Normally his fast healing can take him to a maximum of 20% of his total HP or 1.6, which is rounded down to 1. But he can spend 1 Mastery Point to trigger Anarchic Faster Healing, which increases his Fast Healing by his Trissociate Bonus (in this case +1), to a total of 2. And he can Fast Heal up to his full 8 HP.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is based on a mixture of the various Slaad and the Anarchic Template.

Half-Axiomatic Association
    Requirements
    Alignment: Half-Axiomatics are usually Lawful, but your DM may waive this requirement.

Half-Axiomatic Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Axiomatic Damage Reduction Half-Axiomatic Spell Like Abilities Gained Special
    Starter - Polymorph and Petrification Resistance
    1 1/Chaotic Protection from Chaos 3/day, Detect Chaos 1/day Darkvision 60 ft
    2 1/Chaotic
    3 2/Chaotic Make Whole 1/day, Calm Emotions 1/day Axiomatic Chosen Energy Resistance 1
    4 2/Chaotic
    5 3/Chaotic Order's Wrath 1/day, Detect Thoughts 1/day Axiomatic Chosen Energy Resistance 2
    6 3/Chaotic
    7 4/Chaotic Charm Monster 1/day, Clairaudience-Clairvoyance 1/day Axiomatic Telepathy
    8 4/Chaotic
    9 5/Chaotic Hold Monster 1/day, Divination 1/day Axiomatic Chosen Energy Resistance 3
    10 5/Chaotic
    11 6/Chaotic Dictum 1/day Axiomatic Chosen Energy Resistance 4
    12 6/Chaotic
    13 7/Chaotic Shield of Law 3/day, Contact Other Plane 1/day Axiomatic Hive Mind Contact
    14 7/Chaotic
    15 8/Chaotic Moment of Prescience 1/day Immunity to Polymorph and Petrification
    16 8/Chaotic
    17 9/Chaotic Summon Monster IX (Only Lawful creatures, and creatures with Axiomatic template instead of Celestial or Fiendish. Refer to Manual of the Planes pg 197 or Planar Handbook pg 110) 1/day Half-Axiomatic Rapid Summons, Timeless Body
    18 9/Chaotic
    19 10/Chaotic Dominate Monster 1/day Axiomatic Outsider Transformation

Half-Axiomatic Spell-Like Abilities Gained (Sp): You gain spell like abilities as you advance, following the progression above. The caster level equals your Trissociate level. The Save DCs, where applicable, are based on your highest mental ability score- Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma (10 + spell level + highest mental ability score modifier). You qualify for the following feat:

Half-Axiomatic Physical Magic:
    Requirements: Trissociate Half-Axiomatic Associate
    Benefit: You may use the highest modifier from any of your ability scores, including physical ability scores, to decide the Save DC, of the Spell Like Abilities gained from your Half-Axiomatic Association. This does not affect the Spell Like Abilities gained from other sources.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

Polymorph and Petrification Resistance (Ex): You add your Trissociate level as a bonus to saving throws against Polymorph and Petrification effects.

Axiomatic Chosen Energy Resistance (Ex): Select one of the following energy types (Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic). You gain Energy Resistance against that energy type equal to your Trissociate level. Each time you gain this ability, you must select a different energy type from the above list.
    Special: If you have the Chosen Energy Resistance class feature from different Associations, when you select the same energy type for multiple Associations, their effects stack. This does not apply to Chosen Energy Resistance within the same Association, since you must select a different energy type each time. For example, if you select the same Chosen Energy Resistance for 2 different Associations, your energy resistance becomes twice your Trissociate level.

Axiomatic Telepathy (Su): You gain Telepathy to a distance of your Trissociate level x 5 ft.

Axiomatic Hive Mind Contact (Su): When you use your Contact Other Planes Spell Like Ability to contact a Lawful plane (e.g. one governed by a Lawful Deity), you automatically pass the Intelligence checks needed to avoid Intelligence/Charisma decrease. This only applies the Contact Other Planes Spell Like Ability gained from the Half-Axiomatic association.

Immunity to Polymorph and Petrification (Ex): You gain immunity to Polymorph and Petrification. This replaces Polymorph and Petrification Resistance.

Half-Axiomatic Rapid Summons (Ex): You may use your Summoning Spell Like Abilities as a standard action. This only applies to the Summoning Spell Like Abilities gained from your Half-Axiomatic Association.

Axiomatic Outsider Transformation (Ex): Your ascension is complete. Choose any 3 different ability scores. You gain a +2 increment to each score, as if gained through level advancement. Your type changes to Outsider, with the Native subtype. However, you do not gain proficiency with Martial Weapons.

Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Spell Like Ability (Half-Axiomatic): You may recover an expended spell like ability as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending mastery points equal to the level of the spell, which the spell like ability duplicates, you may recover 1 use of that spell like ability. Level 0 spells cost no mastery points to restore in this manner.

You can only use this to recover spell like abilities gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell like abilities gained from other classes or Associations (although they may have their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more mastery points. By spending mastery points equal to double the level of the spell, which the spell like ability duplicates, you may recover that spell like ability as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 mastery point to restore in this manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is based on a mixture of the various Formians and the Axiomatic Template. There was no easy way to include the Hive Mind ability, so I have instead given Half-Axiomatics telepathy and Contact Other Lawful Plane.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-10 at 05:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

All right! I particularly like the addition of Slaad features on the half-anarchic association.

I was wondering if the half-axiomite should get a second automatic mastery talent, but I've been drawing a blank on what it should be. Maybe something to temporarily improve energy resistance?

I was about to ask about the Smite Order and Smite Chaos abilities on the axiomatic and anarchic templates, but that really seems more like a Paladin of Chaos/Law thing than a bloodline thing, doesn't it?

12. - Top - End - #132

RedWizardGuy

Trissociate (Mental focus: Wizard, Archivist, Erudite)
    Hit Die: D6

Spoiler: Class Feature Progression
    Show
    Class Feature Progression
    Level Wz0 Wz1 Wz2 Wz3 Wz4 Wz5 Wz6 Wz7 Wz8 Wz9 Ac0 Ac1 Ac2 Ac3 Ac4 Ac5 Ac6 Ac7 Ac8 Ac9 Erudite Power Points Erudite Powers Known Erudite Maximum Power Level Known Erudite Unique Powers Per Day Special
    1 2 - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - Mastery Meditation, Armored Caster (Light), Learnt Mastery Talent 1, Scribe Scroll, Scribe Scroll
    2 3 - - - - - - - - - 2 - - - - - - - - - 2 1 1 1
    3 3 1 - - - - - - - - 3 - - - - - - - - - 3 2 1 2 Focus Feature 1
    4 3 1 - - - - - - - - 3 1 - - - - - - - - 5 3 1 3
    5 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 3 1 - - - - - - - - 7 4 1 4 Learnt Mastery Talent 2
    6 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 9 5 2 4
    7 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 12 6 2 5 Focus Feature 2
    8 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 15 7 3 6
    9 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 18 8 3 7 Learnt Mastery Talent 3
    10 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 22 9 4 7
    11 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 27 10 4 8 Focus Feature 3, Wizard Bonus Feat
    12 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 32 11 5 9 Archivist Bonus Feat
    13 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 37 12 5 10 Learnt Mastery Talent 4
    14 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 43 13 6 10
    15 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 49 14 6 11 Focus Feature 4
    16 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 56 15 7 12
    17 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 63 16 7 13 Learnt Mastery Talent 5
    18 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 70 17 8 13
    19 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 78 18 8 14 Focus Feature 5
    20 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 86 20 9 15

Spoiler: Other Progression
    Show
    Other Progression
    Level Base Attack Bonus Will Good Save Poor Save Mastery Points Trissociate Bonus
    1 +0 +2 +2 +0 10 1
    2 +1 +3 +3 +0 12 1
    3 +2 +3 +3 +1 14 1
    4 +3 +4 +4 +1 16 1
    5 +3 +4 +4 +1 18 2
    6 +4 +5 +5 +2 22 2
    7 +5 +5 +5 +2 26 2
    8 +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 30 2
    9 +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 34 3
    10 +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 40 3
    11 +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 46 3
    12 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 52 3
    13 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 58 4
    14 +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 66 4
    15 +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 74 4
    16 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 82 4
    17 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 90 5
    18 +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 100 5
    19 +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 110 5
    20 +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 120 5

Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim.

Wizard Skills: Add Spellcraft and Decipher Script to your Trissociate class skill list.

Archivist Skills: Add Spellcraft, Heal and Decipher Script to your Trissociate class skill list.

Erudite Skills: Add Psicraft and Autohypnosis to your Trissociate class skill list.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Mental focus Trissociate is proficient with all simple weapons. He is also proficient with light armor, and with all shields (except for Tower Shields).

Focus Feature: Whenever you gain a Focus Feature, you may select any feat that you qualify for, which falls under one of the following categories:
    *Any Wizard Bonus Feat
    *Any Psion Bonus Feat
    *Any Feat that uses or augments Turn/Rebuke Undead (including divine feats)
    *Any feat the grants you one or more new Spell-Like Abilities (including Extra Invocation, provided you qualify)
    *Any feat the grants you additional uses of an existing Spell-Like Ability
    *Certain Associate Feats, such as Insightful Binder feat for the Binder Associate
    *Alternatively, you may select Rapid Conversion (see below)

Rapid Conversion:
    Requirements: Mental Category Focus Trissociate
    Special: This can only be taken as a Focus Feature, and cannot be bought using normal character feats.
    Benefits: Normally a Trissociates has to enter Mastery Meditation to efficiently convert his Mastery Points to Spells or Power Points. If he performs the conversion outside of Mastery Meditation, the Mastery Point cost is usually doubled. With Rapid Conversion, he may carry out an efficient conversion as a free action, once per day. When he uses Rapid Conversion, he can spend half his Trissociate level (rounded down) worth of Mastery Points, as if he was in Mastery Meditation. He can spread this expenditure of Mastery Points over multiple Talents.

E.g. Lets say we have a level 10 Trissociate with Mental Focus. He can spend 5 Mastery points with one use of Rapid conversion, and he can spread this over multiple talents. With one use, he could recover a level 3 spell slot with 3 Mastery points, and spend another 2 Mastery points to regain 4 Power points. Or he could channel all 5 Master points to regain 10 Power points, at his choosing.

Special: This feat can be selected multiple times. Each time, you gain an additional daily use of this ability.

Spellcasting: You gain Intelligence based prepared Arcane spells as a Wizard. Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your spell slots at each level follows the table above (Wz0-Wz9). You gain bonus spell slots based on your Intelligence score.

Spellbook: A Wizard associate must study his spellbook each day, to prepare his spells. This functions like a Wizard's spellbook except as noted here. At Trissociate level 1, you can fill your spellbook with 5+Int modifier cantrips of your choice. If you begin play with at least 1 level in Trissociate, your first Spellbook is given to you free. Whenever you gain another level of Trissociate, you automatically learn 2 new spells, up to the highest level you can cast, as per a normal Wizard.

Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation feat of your choice, which you qualify for.

Spellcasting: You gain Intelligence based prepared Divine spells as an Archivist. Your spells at each level follow the table above (Ac0-Ac9) Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your spell slots at each level follows the table above. Your spell access and spell DC are based on your Intelligence score. You bonus spells slots are based on your Wisdom score.

Prayerbook: An Archivist associate must study his spellbook each day, to prepare his spells. This functions like an Archivist's prayerbook except as noted here. At Trissociate level 1, you can fill your prayerbook with 5+Int modifier orisons of your choice. If you begin play with at least 1 level in Trissociate, your first prayerbook is given to you free. Whenever you gain another level of Trissociate, you automatically learn 2 new spells, up to the highest level you can cast, as per a normal Archivist.

Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation feat of your choice, which you qualify for.

Psionics: You gain Intelligence based Manifesting Powers as an Erudite. Your Manifester level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your Power Points available follows your Trissociate level, instead of your Associate level. You gain bonus Power Points based on your Intelligence score. Hence, at Trissociate level 1, you have a power point pool, and can start taking Psionic feats (even if your Erudite association is secondary, and you do not know any powers yet).

Your Powers known however, is still based on your Associate level, and follows the 1st table above. The 'Erudite Powers Known' column indicates the powers you automatically gain for free, from advancing in levels. Besides these powers, you can also add additional powers to your repertoire. This works as per a normal Erudite except as noted here: Adding a new power costs 20 XP per Trissociate level.

Erudite Unique Powers Per Day: An Erudite associate manifests psionic powers, paying for each manifestation with an expenditure of power points. Unlike a Psion, an Erudite associate is limited to manifesting a certain number of unique psionic powers from ALL levels per day, from the repertoire of powers he knows.

Wizard Bonus Feat: You gain a bonus feat as per a Wizard.

Archivist Bonus Feat: You gain a bonus feat as per an Archivist.

Primary Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Spell (Wizard): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

You can only use this to recover spell slots gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell slots gained from other classes or Associations (although they may their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more mastery points. By spending mastery points equal to double the spell slot's level, you may recover that spell slot as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 mastery point to restore in this manner.

Secondary Automatic Mastery Talents (available from Trissociate level 2 onwards)
    Recover Spell (Archivist): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

You can only use this to recover spell slots gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell slots gained from other classes or Associations (although they may their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more mastery points. By spending mastery points equal to double the spell slot's level, you may recover that spell slot as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 mastery point to restore in this manner.

Recover Power Points: You may recover Power Points. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending however many mastery points you wish, you may restore 2 Power Points for each Mastery Point used. You may not regain points in excess of your normal Power Pool limits. This is a supernatural ability. You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more mastery points. As a free action, you may instead recover 1 Power Point for each Mastery Point spent, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation.

Common Trissociate Class Features
    (Author's Note: this set of features is common for all Trissociates regardless of Focus or Associations selection. You probably only need to read this once, when making your first Trissociate. Hence, it has been seperated out and placed at the end, so that you can skip it if you want, for subsequent Trissociates.)

Chosen Save (Ex): Depending on the Focus he has picked, a Trissociate has one of his saves become good (Fortitude for Battle, Reflex for Skill, Will for Mental). Besides this Focus Save, he may pick a second save to have good progression. His third save then has poor progression, unless modified by one of the Trissociate selected Associations.

Mastery Points (Ex): A Trissociate has a pool of Mastery points, which he can use to augment his abilities in various ways (depending on his selected Focus and Associations). A Trissociates has a maximum number of Mastery points as listed in the table above. He can restore 1/8 of his pool (rounded up) for each hour of rest he takes. Hence he can completely restore his pool by resting for 8 hours, but even if his rest is interrupted, his Mastery Points will be partially restored. Unless otherwise stated, any usage of his Mastery Pool is considered an Extraordinary ability.

Mastery Meditation (Ex): A Trissociate can focus his mind to replenish the various spent abilities he gains from his Associations, usually (but not always) spending Mastery points in the process. Entering Mastery Meditation simply requires 5 minutes of concentration. Mastery Meditation ends when the Trissociate wants it to, although it also automatically ends whenever the Trissociate takes damage.

While in Mastery Meditation, a Trissociate can freely channel as many Mastery points as he posesses, to recovering his Association's abilities. He cannot willingly move from his position, although he can be moved by others (e.g. if he is sitting on a cart), and as such is considered flat-footed while Meditating. Otherwise he can take any action he normally could, including casting spells.

Adaptation: There are some character concepts for whom meditation might not be an appropriate activity. In these cases, you can replace Mastery Meditation with 5 minutes of some other suitable non-combat activity. For example, a pious character might pray for 5 minutes. Other possible activities include: martial exercises, polishing equipment, singing and dancing on the spot, howling (at the moon), or even simply resting.

Trissociate Bonus (Ex): Many Mastery Talents (both learnt and automatic) provide a numerical bonus to a particular ability. The numerical bonus is based on the Trissociate bonus, which gradually improves as indicated, when the Trissociate advances.

Armored Caster (Ex): When casting spells, invocations, and other similiar abilities that might be affected by Arcane Spell Failure which he gains from his Associations, a Trissociate can ignore Arcane Spell Failure from light armor, but not from shields. (Unless otherwise stated, Spell Like Abilites work normally and hence do not suffer from Arcane Spell Failure at all.)

Learnt Mastery Talents (Ex): A Mastery Talent is a trick that costs Mastery points, and which a Trissociate can use to augment himself in some way. Some Mastery Talents are automatically known depending on his selected Associations (see Associations below). Whereas other must be learnt. This column indicates the number of Learnable Mastery Talents which a Trissociate knows.

Learnable Mastery Talents
    Whenever a Trissociate can learn a new Mastery Talent, he selects one talent from the list below. This selection is permanent and cannot be changed, barring special and intensive retraining (read: DM fiat). Unless otherwise stated, all Learnable Mastery Talents are extraordinary abilities that are activated as a free action. The bonus each provides is an untyped bonus which stacks with everything else, but not with itself (so the same talent cannot be applied repeatedly).

Save Boost: Whenever he makes a saving throw, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to add his Trissociate bonus to that saving throw. This does not require any action on his part, and he can activate this talent even when it is not his turn. In the event he gets to make a reroll of the same saving throw, he may reapply this bonus to the reroll, without spending additional points.

Fast Heal: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery Point to gain fast healing equal to his Trissociate Bonus, for 10 rounds. This fast healing stacks with one other source of fast healing of his choice (changeable every round). He may choose to activate this ability even when he is dying, which automatically stabilizes him.

E.g. Lets say a level 6 Trissociate with a Trissociate bonus of +2 is under the effect of the vigor spell which grants him Fast Healing of 2. He can activate his Trissociate Bonus Fast Healing of 2 points. He can choose to stack his Trissociate Fast Healing on top of the vigor spell for a total of 4 points of Fast Healing.

Attack Boost: Whenever he makes an attack rolls, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to add his Trissociate Bonus to that particular attack roll. Trissociate may choose to use this ability multiple times per round, for each seperate attack which he makes (e.g. iterative full attack).

Speed Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to increase his speed for all modes of movement, which lasts until the start of his next turn. The speed increase so gained, is equal to his Trissociate bonus multiplied by 10 ft.

Skill Boost: Whenever he makes a skill check, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to gain a bonus equal to his Trissociate Bonus to that single skill check, regardless of how long the check takes (e.g. a Gather Information check may take several hours). He may also apply this bonus when he is taking 10 or 20 to that skill check (provided circumstances allow him to take 10 or 20 in the first place).

Penetration: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster, manifester, invoker or meldshaper level rolls, for the purpose of overcoming spell or power resistance.

Resilience: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to Dispel DC, making the effect harder to dispel. He can also apply this to the effective meldshaper level of his soulmelds, for the purposes of resisting suppression checks (e.g. Dispel Magic) and unshaping checks (Unshape Soulmeld and Soulmeld Disjunction). He may apply this bonus when he is shaping his soulmelds, and he must spend 1 Mastery point for each seperate soulmeld affected, and the effect lasts for 24 hours. Should he wish to regain the bonus beyond 24 hours, he must reshape his soulmelds and spend Mastery points again.

Lingering: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster level for the purpose of determining the effect's duration. Spells / powers / soulmelds whose duration is not affected by caster level (e.g. endure elements) are not affected.

Extended Reach: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his twice his Trissociate Bonus to caster level, for the purpose of determining the effect's range. Spells / powers / soulmelds which have a fixed range (e.g. personal, touch) are not affected.
    Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-04-10 at 03:30 PM.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    1/3 of feature points. All abilities knocked back two levels or so, with some knocked off. No Abberant feats. Anything that is multiplied off class level is about half what it would be. Feature access scales slower.

Ozodrin Association

Ozodrin Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Special Effective Ozodrin Level
    (Feature Access)
    Starter Manifest Form, Form Points 0
    1st Aberrant Affinity 1
    2nd - 2
    3rd Primary Stomach 3
    4th - 3
    5th Devour 5
    6th - 5
    7th Unearthly Power 6
    8th - 6
    9th Strange Movement 7
    10th - 8
    11th Swallow Whole, Aberrant Nature 9
    12th - 9
    13th Budding Body 10
    14th - 11
    15th Rapid Form 12
    16th - 12
    17th Otherwordly Guise 13
    18th - 14
    19th Shifting Shape, Sinister Image 15

Manifest Form (Ex): As a swift action, you may manifest or suppress your true nature. The suppressed form is often referred to as your worldly guise. While your nature is manifested, all features that you possesses are revealed (see below) but you may not add or remove new features (but see Aberrant Nature, below). You may choose to suppress the effects (and visual components) of your aberrant feats when in your worldly guise but you must suppress all or none of such effects.

Form Points (Ex): You have a number of form points equal to your Charisma modifier + the number of Aberrant feats you've taken + your trissociate level. These points may be used to apply different features to your manifested form. All features cost form points. If you remove a feature, you regain the form points spent on it. The total cost of all features added cannot be more than the total number of form points you have. Features can be found here. Your effective Ozodrin level, listed in the class table, determines which features you have access to.

Aberrant Affinity (Ex): You gain Aberrant Blood as a bonus feat and may take aberrant feats even if you aren't humanoid. Classes which advance the Manifest Form ability advance this ability as well.

Primary Stomach (Ex): Your can hold a number of small creatures equal to your class level squared. Four small creatures equal 1 medium, 4 medium equal 1 large, 4 large equal 1 huge, etc. Unlike most creatures with a swallow whole ability, you have no natural hazards in your stomach. Instead you are able to place features in it's stomach, allowing you to see and attack creatures you swallow. If you have no eyes inside your stomach, creatures in contact with the stomach have partial concealment (as you can feel them but not see them) while creatures that are flying or otherwise avoiding touching the surfaces have total concealment.
    As long as you are manifesting your true nature, there is a supply of air to the stomach. However, if you suppresses your true nature, the air supply is cut off. In this case there is enough air to support a creature for 1 minute for every creature of it's size that could fit in the stomach before the supply is exhausted (this assumes normal activity).
    If you have recently Devoured a creature, there is a 100% chance that any loot it had on it might be in the stomach (determined for each piece of loot individually). This decreases by 5% for every round since the creature was devoured. A corpse or body parts (unless artificial) will never be found this way.
    If you have at least two limb or tentacle features in your stomach and one or more eyes, you are able to retrieve the items itself as a swift action, tossing them out of one of your mouths. Alternatively, you may attempt to cough up all swallowed items as a standard action.
    If the you die, creatures in your stomach have 1d6 rounds to escape before they are forcefully ejected (along with all the other contents of the stomach not a part of you) as the pocket dimension collapses, dealing 1d8 damage per 4 associate levels. Creatures ejected this way show up at the location of your corpse or as close to it as possible if other ejected contents are in the way.
    If another class would advance the stomach feature, it advances this ability as well.

Devour (Ex): You are capable of consuming pinned opponents. Bite attacks made against an opponent you have pinned do not take the usual -4 penalty to attack rolls and you may make as many bite attacks as they would normally be able to (normally you cannot attack a pinned opponent with your own weapon, nor can you usually attack a grappled opponent with multiple light weapons). You may choose to have a successful bite attack against a pinned opponent deals 1 point of con damage instead of its normal damage. For each point of con damage dealt this way, you heal 2 points of damage. You may cough up any magical or inorganic items possessed by one or more completely eaten opponents (opponents that were killed by bite attacks effected by this ability, even if they did not deal con damage) as a standard action as long as they do so within ten minutes of eating the opponent(s). Pieces of inorganic opponents such as iron golems cannot be coughed up this way and unusually potent items, such as artifacts, can be coughed up even after 10 minutes have passed. You cannot choose which items they cough up in this fashion - all items that could be coughed up are.

Unearthly Power (Su): Your natural weapons granted by features receive an enhancement bonus equal to 1/3 your associate level to attack rolls. Any attack effected by this ability bypasses damage reduction as though it were a magic weapon.

Strange Movement (Ex): You are able to pull yourself into the extra-dimensional pocket that your digestive system occupies and return at a nearby spot. This acts as a non-magical teleportation ability that can be used as a standard action any number of times per day, provided the total distance moved is no greater than 5ft per associate level per day. Line of sight is required, but if the requirement is somehow negated, attempts to return within a solid object or occupied square cause you to be shunted to the nearest unoccupied square, taking up as much of the daily movement as needed to reach it. If there is not enough movement, you take 1d6 points of damage per additional 5ft needed. In addition, rather than instantly reappearing, you may instead choose to wait inside the extra-dimensional pocket, but each round it does so counts as 5ft of movement for the day’s limit. While so hidden, you may act normally, but may not effect anything outside the pocket dimension. This ability may be used only if you are manifesting your true nature.

Swallow Whole (Ex): When making a grapple attempt against a creature in the same square as a mouth, you are capable of attempting to swallow it whole. You may only swallow a creature whole if the creature is the same size as the mouth used for the attempt or smaller. Creatures may escape the stomach by trying to cut through the wall or, if there are any mouths, trying to climb up the throat and out the mouth.
    The walls have an AC of 5 + two times your your level, hardness equal to 1/2 your associate levels (rounded down), and require 3 times your class level in damage to make a hole large enough for a medium sized creature to escape (a hole for a large creature requires twice as much damage as a medium, a huge requires twice as much as a large etc. A hole large enough for a small creature requires only 2x your associate level damage to create a hole large enough, and a tiny or smaller hole requires only 1x your associate in damage). Holes reseal in 1d4 rounds if no further damage is done and you are still alive. You take 1 point of damage for every 10 points of damage dealt to the walls of its stomach.
    If a swallowed creature attempts to climb out, it must succeed on a DC 30 climb check for three consecutive rounds (for each successful round count it as an additional 10 feet of height for calculating fall damage on a failed check). If the creature is attacked while climbing, it must attempt the check again at a -5 penalty. As a move action you may attempt to swallow with one or more throats, prompting a climb check for any creatures currently trying to climb out opposed by your grapple check.

Aberrant Nature (Ex): Your type changes to aberration. You are no longer affected by spells and abilities that can only affect humanoids. You gain darkvision out to 60ft (this stacks with darkvision from other sources). You stop aging and can no longer die of old age. Despite the type change, you may still count as its previous type to qualify for feats and PRCs. You also do not gain the needs to eat, breathe, or sleep if you previously lacked any of them. Your ability to change your features is no longer limited to your worldly guise (see the feature ability for details on changing features).

Budding Body (Ex): You are able to place features other than a basic eye or a mouth on the length of a blunt tentacle. If you do so, you must select the location upon the length of the tentacle that the feature occupies. A tentacle can support a number of features on its end length equal to 1 ½ times your charisma modifier (minimum 3) and may have up to a number of features equal to your charisma modifier along the length for every additional 5 feet of length of the tentacle (minimum 2). Mouths must be at least two size categories smaller than the tentacle while other features must only be at least 1 size category smaller (count puppets as being 3 size categories smaller than the puppet). Eyes only count as 1/2 a feature for determining the number of features that may be placed on a 5' section. Such a Tentacle may be extended around the battlefield as a move action, however, it causes you to count as occupying any spaces it passes though with the exception that it can't be used to flank you and does not benefit from armour you're wearing (it can however be attacked to deal you damage). If such a tentacle is not fully extended, any features on the excess length (measured from the tip to your body) are counted as occupying the same location as you. If eyes are placed on the tentacle, they allow you to ignore concealment caused by view obstructions from the location of you main body that aren't in the way from the eye's location. Special sight types granted from eyes are measured from the location of the eye and only stack with eyes at the same location (or your own if they are currently occupying the same square). A Gaze attack and other ranged augment must have line of sight from the location of the feature that grants it.
    Budding body counts as a feature for other sources that advance features.

Rapid Form (Ex): You can add or remove a number of features equal to your charisma modifier (minimum 4) as a full-round action. Basic Eyes only count as ½ a feature for the purposes of this class feature. Furthermore, if you use a move action or a standard action to remove a feature, you may add/remove two features instead. The form points spent on a removed feature do not count against the point limit of a feature added at the same time.

Otherworldly Guise (Ex): You can force aspects of your true form onto your worldly guise. As a full-round action you may swap the features of it worldly guise for different features. Calculate the worldly guise features as if you were a puppet of your race, do not count features from aberrant feats. The form points need to form such a puppet + 1/10 of your form points may be redistributed into new features. No more than than the starting number of features+ 1 per 5 ozodrin level may be present. Basic eyes count for 1/2. You may not add shifting features, Puppets, Spawn, or Lure Traps. A form without eyes is blind, and a form without a mouth can‘s speak. A form without limbs or tentacles has a land speed of 0. A form without a mouth may not use devour or Swallow whole.

Shifting Shape (Ex): You are able to make your body mutable. All features gain the Shifting augment. This augment adds 3 to the cost of the feature. A feature with the shifting augment may be moved to any portion of you that it could be placed on, as a move action. Puppets and spawn count as a single feature. Lure traps count as a part of the puppet they are on and can't be moved to other puppets. The number of features that you may have with the shifting augment cannot exceed twice your charisma modifier.

Sinister Image (Su): You have a special connection with depictions of yourself. As such you are able to detect any pictures, illusions, or other images depicting yourself. This even extends to other beings attempting to scry you or view you through similar magical means. Furthermore, such images are treated as a part of yourself. Due to this, you are able to move a feature with the shifting augment onto the depiction, allowing it to attack, or otherwise interact with things there (in the case of scrying which does not create an image, the shifting feature may move within 5 feet of the one doing the scrying), though doing so requires using up 5 feet of its strange movement. If you have no eyes in the area, it is treated as being blind there. Likewise if you have no means of hearing it is treated as being deaf there. Despite this, you can sense if the image is being viewed. This ability only applies to images depicting yourself, not images that just happen to look like it. Thus changing your form to look like someone in a painting does not allow it to use this ability with the painting.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2014-04-10 at 10:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

All right! I particularly like the addition of Slaad features on the half-anarchic association.

I was wondering if the half-axiomite should get a second automatic mastery talent, but I've been drawing a blank on what it should be. Maybe something to temporarily improve energy resistance?
    I don't feel it to be necessary. The Celestials/Fiends don't get anything beside recover SLA either.

I was about to ask about the Smite Order and Smite Chaos abilities on the axiomatic and anarchic templates, but that really seems more like a Paladin of Chaos/Law thing than a bloodline thing, doesn't it?
    Yeah. Don't want to make the Pallie any more jealous than he already is now do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
    Good to see that the Generator is working for you...

You know, I never realized how powerful 120 Master Points was until now. (recharge a level 9 spell/power 13 times) I may have to think about reducing MP across the board, and beefing up the Associations and Talents.

Ozodrin Association
    Right then. The rest of you, feel free to comment on it. I will see about incorporating it into the next build of EZ-trissociate.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

I really don't know if it's balanced, since that's not my strongest point, and I'd never made an association before.
    If it's okay though, any suggestions on what I do next?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

I really don't know if it's balanced, since that's not my strongest point, and I'd never made an association before.
    If it's okay though, any suggestions on what I do next?
    If you are feeling really hardworking, try running a homebrew playtest game. The last one sort of died.

As mentioned, I am thinking about rejigging all the Associations:

Current Proposed Rebalancing Changes:
    *Reduce final Mastery points to 25 (50 for Mental focus)
    *Learnable Talents will all receive a boost to bring them more in line with spell effects.
    * *Save Boost will last 1 minute/Trissociate level
    * *Fast Healing amount doubled, duration halved
    * *Attack Boost capped at +1, but will last 1 minute/Trissociate level
    * *Speed boost reduced to bonus x 5 ft, but will last 1 minute/Trissociate level
    * *Skill boost increased to Trissociate level/2 for 1 skill check
    *Turn/Rebuke Undead: Lay on Hands/Deadly Touch pool size increased to (Trissociate Bonus + Charisma Bonus if any) x Trissociate level. Cap each usage at Trissociate level x 10. Recover Lay on Hands/Deadly Touch increased to: 1 MP = Trissociate Level + Trissociate Bonus + Charisma Bonus if any
    *Paladin: Widen Aura increased to 1 minute/Trissociate level
    *Artificer: Get Skill Mastery at level 1
    *Weapon Master: Chosen Seeking Strike- change to True Strike effect. Chosen Pounce- cost 2 MP to give a full pounce effect
    *Martial Sage: heavily reworked. Higher end abilities cost, more Ki points, but at the same time, his Ki pool is bigger. Ki Dodge modified to have scaling cost.
    *Ranger: Boost favored skill increased to Trissociate level/2 for 1 skill check. Remove Track (gained by Skill focus instead) and Wild Empathy (gained by Animal Companion association instead).
    *Rogue: Boost Sneak attack limited to once per round
    *Scout: Add Boost Skirmish similar to what Rogue gets
    *Allow Fortification (Elemental, Plant, Undead) to stack with one other source.
    *Outsider Transformation for Half-Bloods: Reduce from +2 to 3 stats, to +2 to 2 stats
    *Lycanthrope: Added Rapid Alternate Form
    *Elemental Strike: Elemental Strike to be reworded to allow use with range weapons. Also, add option to use it as a touch attack, to allow Coup De Grace.
    *Dragon Shaman: Touch of Vitality pool size increased to 2 x (Trissociate Bonus + Charisma Bonus if any) x Trissociate level. Recover Touch of Vitality increased to: 1 MP = Trissociate Level + Trissociate Bonus + Charisma Bonus if any. Remove Boost Draconic Aura
    *Adding Axiomatic/Anarchic and Psionic Blooded
    *Rearrange the classifications a little. Move Scout, Ranger, Rogue and Animal Companion to Martial. Move Shadow Walker to Half-Blood. Martial Sage to Miscellaneous.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-13 at 09:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

The Ozodrin Associate doesn't have any learned or automatic master talents, since I had no idea what to add. I might add a harrowed associate and evolutionist associate, and do the gramarie classes once they've been rewritten.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, Mastery point balancing update is finished.

@Southern Cross: If you want, you could test the new generator and edit in an updated Ultimate Scholar.

Next up, I will start chewing on the Ozodrin Association.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-13 at 11:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

RedWizardGuy

O.K, here's the updated Ultimate Scholar:

Spoiler: Ultimate Scholar Class Feature Progression
    Show
    Level Wz0 Wz1 Wz2 Wz3 Wz4 Wz5 Wz6 Wz7 Wz8 Wz9 Ac0 Ac1 Ac2 Ac3 Ac4 Ac5 Ac6 Ac7 Ac8 Ac9 Erudite Power Points Erudite Powers Known Erudite Maximum Power Level Known Erudite Unique Powers Per Day Special
    1 2 - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - Mastery Meditation, Armored Caster (Light), Learnt Mastery Talent 1, Scribe Scroll, Scribe Scroll
    11 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 27 10 4 8 Focus Feature 3, Wizard Bonus Feat

Spoiler: Other Progression
    Show
    Other Progression
    Level Base Attack Bonus Will Good Save Poor Save Mastery Points Trissociate Bonus
    1 +0 +2 +2 +0 2 1
    2 +1 +3 +3 +0 4 1
    3 +2 +3 +3 +1 6 1
    4 +3 +4 +4 +1 8 1
    5 +3 +4 +4 +1 10 2
    6 +4 +5 +5 +2 12 2
    7 +5 +5 +5 +2 14 2
    8 +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 16 2
    9 +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 18 3
    10 +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 20 3
    11 +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 22 3
    12 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 24 3
    13 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 26 4
    14 +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 28 4
    15 +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 30 4
    16 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 34 4
    17 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 38 5
    18 +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 42 5
    19 +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 46 5
    20 +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 50 5

Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim.

Wizard Skills: Add Spellcraft and Decipher Script to your Trissociate class skill list.

Archivist Skills: Add Spellcraft, Heal and Decipher Script to your Trissociate class skill list.

Erudite Skills: Add Psicraft and Autohypnosis to your Trissociate class skill list.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Mental focus Trissociate is proficient with all simple weapons. He is also proficient with light armor, and with all shields (except for Tower Shields).

Focus Feature: Whenever you gain a Focus Feature, you may select any feat that you qualify for, which falls under one of the following categories:
    *Any Wizard Bonus Feat
    *Any Psion Bonus Feat
    *Any feat the grants you one or more new Spell-Like Abilities (including Extra Invocation, provided you qualify)
    *Certain Associate Feats, such as Insightful Binder feat for the Binder Associate

Rapid Conversion:
    Special: This can only be taken as a Focus Feature, and cannot be bought using normal character feats.
    Benefits: Normally a Trissociates has to enter Mastery Meditation to efficiently convert his Mastery points to Spells or Power Points. If he performs the conversion outside of Mastery Meditation, the Mastery point cost is usually doubled. With Rapid Conversion, he may carry out an efficient conversion as a free action, once per day. When he uses Rapid Conversion, he can spend half his Trissociate level (rounded down) worth of Mastery points, as if he was in Mastery Meditation. He can spread this expenditure of Mastery points over multiple Talents.

E.g. Lets say we have a level 10 Trissociate with Mental Focus. He can spend 5 Mastery points with one use of Rapid conversion, and he can spread this over multiple talents. With one use, he could recover a level 3 spell slot with 3 Mastery points, and spend another 2 Mastery points to regain 4 Power points. Or he could channel all 5 Master points to regain 10 Power points, at his choosing.

Special: This feat can be selected multiple times. Each time, you gain an additional daily use of this ability.

Spellcasting: You gain Intelligence based prepared Arcane spells as a Wizard. Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your spell slots at each level follows the table above (Wz0-Wz9). You gain bonus spell slots based on your Intelligence score.

Spellbook: A Wizard associate must study his spellbook each day, to prepare his spells. This functions like a Wizard's spellbook except as noted here. At Trissociate level 1, you can fill your spellbook with 5+Int modifier cantrips of your choice. If you begin play with at least 1 level in Trissociate, your first Spellbook is given to you free. Whenever you gain another level of Trissociate, you automatically learn 2 new spells, up to the highest level you can cast, as per a normal Wizard.

Spellcasting: You gain Intelligence based prepared Divine spells as an Archivist. Your spells at each level follow the table above (Ac0-Ac9) Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your spell slots at each level follows the table above. Your spell access and spell DC are based on your Intelligence score. You bonus spells slots are based on your Wisdom score.

Prayerbook: An Archivist associate must study his spellbook each day, to prepare his spells. This functions like an Archivist's prayerbook except as noted here. At Trissociate level 1, you can fill your prayerbook with 5+Int modifier orisons of your choice. If you begin play with at least 1 level in Trissociate, your first prayerbook is given to you free. Whenever you gain another level of Trissociate, you automatically learn 2 new spells, up to the highest level you can cast, as per a normal Archivist.

Psionics: You gain Intelligence based Manifesting Powers as an Erudite. Your Manifester level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your Power Points available follows your Trissociate level, instead of your Associate level. You gain bonus Power Points based on your Intelligence score. Hence, at Trissociate level 1, you have a power point pool, and can start taking Psionic feats (even if your Erudite association is secondary, and you do not know any powers yet).

Your Powers known however, is still based on your Associate level, and follows the 1st table above. The 'Erudite Powers Known' column indicates the powers you automatically gain for free, from advancing in levels. Besides these powers, you can also add additional powers to your repertoire. This works as per a normal Erudite except as noted here: Adding a new power costs 20 XP per Trissociate level.

Erudite Unique Powers Per Day: An Erudite associate manifests psionic powers, paying for each manifestation with an expenditure of power points. Unlike a Psion, an Erudite associate is limited to manifesting a certain number of unique psionic powers from ALL levels per day, from the repertoire of powers he knows.

Recover Spell (Wizard): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

You can only use this to recover spell slots gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell slots gained from other classes or Associations (although they may their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. By spending Mastery points equal to double the spell slot's level, you may recover that spell slot as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 Mastery point to restore in this manner.

Secondary Automatic Mastery Talents (available from Trissociate level 2 onwards)
    Recover Spell (Archivist): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

You can only use this to recover spell slots gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell slots gained from other classes or Associations (although they may their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. By spending Mastery points equal to double the spell slot's level, you may recover that spell slot as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 Mastery point to restore in this manner.

Recover Power Points: You may recover Power Points. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending however many Mastery points you wish, you may restore 2 Power Points for each Mastery point used. You may not exceed your normal Power Point maximum. You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. As a free action, you may instead recover 1 Power Point for each Mastery point spent, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. This is a supernatural ability.

(Author's Note: this set of features is common for all Trissociates regardless of Focus or Associations selection. You probably only need to read this once, when making your first Trissociate. Hence, it has been seperated out and placed at the end, so that you can skip it if you want, for subsequent Trissociates.)

Chosen Save (Ex): Depending on the Focus he has picked, a Trissociate has one of his saves become good (Fortitude for Battle, Reflex for Skill, Will for Mental). Besides this Focus Save, he may pick a second save to have good progression. His third save then has poor progression, unless modified by one of the Trissociate selected Associations.

Mastery Points (Ex): A Trissociate has a pool of Mastery points, which he can use to augment his abilities in various ways (depending on his selected Focus and Associations). A Trissociates has a maximum number of Mastery points as listed in the table above. He can restore 1/8 of his pool (rounded up) for each hour of rest he takes. Hence he can completely restore his pool by resting for 8 hours, but even if his rest is interrupted, his Mastery points will be partially restored. Unless otherwise stated, any usage of his Mastery points is considered an Extraordinary ability.

Mastery Meditation (Ex): A Trissociate can focus his mind to replenish the various spent abilities he gains from his Associations, usually (but not always) spending Mastery points in the process. Entering Mastery Meditation simply requires 5 minutes of concentration. Mastery Meditation ends when the Trissociate wants it to, although it also automatically ends whenever the Trissociate takes damage.

While in Mastery Meditation, a Trissociate can freely channel as many Mastery points as he posesses, to recovering his Association's abilities. He cannot willingly move from his position, although he can be moved by others (e.g. if he is sitting on a cart), and as such is considered flat-footed while Meditating. Otherwise he can take any action he normally could, including casting spells.

Adaptation: There are some character concepts for whom meditation might not be an appropriate activity. In these cases, you can replace Mastery Meditation with 5 minutes of some other suitable non-combat activity. For example, a pious character might pray for 5 minutes. Other possible activities include: martial exercises, polishing equipment, singing and dancing on the spot, howling (at the moon), or even simply resting.

Trissociate Bonus (Ex): Many Mastery Talents (both learnt and automatic) provide a numerical bonus to a particular ability. The numerical bonus is based on the Trissociate bonus, which gradually improves as indicated, when the Trissociate advances.

Armored Caster (Ex): When casting spells, invocations, and other similiar abilities that might be affected by Arcane Spell Failure which he gains from his Associations, a Trissociate can ignore Arcane Spell Failure from light armor, but not from shields. (Unless otherwise stated, Spell Like Abilites work normally and hence do not suffer from Arcane Spell Failure at all.)

Learnt Mastery Talents (Ex): A Mastery Talent is a trick that costs Mastery points, and which a Trissociate can use to augment himself in some way. Some Mastery Talents are automatically known depending on his selected Associations (see Associations below). Whereas other must be learnt. This column indicates the number of Learnable Mastery Talents which a Trissociate knows.

Whenever a Trissociate can learn a new Mastery Talent, he selects one talent from the list below. This selection is permanent and cannot be changed, barring special and intensive retraining (read: DM fiat). Unless otherwise stated, all Learnable Mastery Talents are extraordinary abilities that are activated as a free action. The bonus each provides is an untyped bonus which stacks with everything else, but not with itself (so the same talent cannot be applied repeatedly).

Save Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to add his Trissociate bonus to all his saving throws. He can activate this talent even when it is not his turn. The effect lasts for 1 minute/Trissociate level.

Fast Heal: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action, to gain fast healing equal to half his Trissociate level (round down, minimum 1), for 5 rounds. This fast healing stacks with one other source of fast healing of his choice (changeable every round). He may choose to activate this ability even when he is dying, which automatically stabilizes him.

E.g. Lets say a level 7 Trissociate (half Trissociate level round down is 3) is under the effect of the vigor spell which grants him Fast Healing of 2. He can activate his Trissociate Bonus Fast Healing of 3 points. He can choose to stack his Trissociate Fast Healing on top of the vigor spell for a total of 5 points of Fast Healing.

Attack Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to gain +1 to all attack rolls. The effect lasts for 1 minute/Trissociate level.

Speed Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to increase his speed for all modes of movement. The speed increase so gained, is equal to his Trissociate bonus multiplied by 5 ft. The effect lasts for 1 minute per Trissociate level.

Skill Boost: Whenever he makes a skill check, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to gain a bonus equal to half his Trissociate level (round down, minimum 1) to that single skill check, regardless of how long the check takes (e.g. a Gather Information check may take several hours). He may also apply this bonus when he is taking 10 or 20 to that skill check (provided circumstances allow him to take 10 or 20 in the first place).

Penetration: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster, manifester, invoker or meldshaper level rolls, for the purpose of overcoming spell or power resistance.

Resilience: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to Dispel DC, making the effect harder to dispel. He can also apply this to the effective meldshaper level of his soulmelds, for the purposes of resisting suppression checks (e.g. Dispel Magic) and unshaping checks (Unshape Soulmeld and Soulmeld Disjunction). He may apply this bonus when he is shaping his soulmelds, and he must spend 1 Mastery point for each seperate soulmeld affected, and the effect lasts for 24 hours. Should he wish to regain the bonus beyond 24 hours, he must reshape his soulmelds and spend Mastery points again.

Lingering: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster level for the purpose of determining the effect's duration. Spells / powers / soulmelds whose duration is not affected by caster level (e.g. endure elements) are not affected.

Extended Reach: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to double the caster level, for the purposes of determining the effect's range. Spells / powers / soulmelds which have a fixed range (e.g. personal, touch) are not affected.
    Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-04-13 at 05:11 PM.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.

Show

20. - Top - End - #140

RedWizardGuy

Oh, and JeminiZero, instead of giving the Ultimate Scholar a second item creation feat, wouldn't it be better to give the Ultimate Scholar a familiar instead?
    I'd change the Scribe Scroll text to the following: "Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation feat of your choice, which you qualify for or the familiar class feature, if you have a prepared arcane caster association".
    Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-04-13 at 05:18 PM.

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
    Oh, and JeminiZero, instead of giving the Ultimate Scholar a second item creation feat, wouldn't it be better to give the Ultimate Scholar a familiar instead? I'd change the Scribe Scroll text to the following: "Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation feat of your choice, which you qualify for or the familiar class feature, if you have a prepared arcane caster association".
    Perhaps Item Creation and Metamagic feats? I somehow feel that providing a familiar just like that makes Animal/Magical Companion redundant.

Of course, you could still buy a familiar via the Obtain Familiar feat on level 3.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm still stuck on the smiting, actually. I was thinking that you might allow Smite Axiomatic and Smite Anarchic as options for the Paladin Association, in case a character concept finds Law or Chaos more important than Good or Evil. It could even be a little adaptation sidebar thing instead of an addition to the Association proper.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Smite Anarchic/Axiomatic should be fine. I'll add it as an adaptation note in the next update.

I am going through the various Associations and thinking about how to handle class features which appear more than once. For example, if somebody is half-Undead and half-Fiend, they would get poison immunity twice. Similiarly, a half-dragon/half-fey would get progressive wings twice.

I'm thinking of giving progressive wings the clause: If you have this from some other Association you gain a bonus feat at Progressive Wings 2 and 3 (roughly corresponding to when Dragon Wings and Improved Dragon Wings would normally be taken). Likewise for Poison and Disease Immunity. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-15 at 07:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would love that. It would give more incentive to create hybrid monstrosities, which is great.

So would it be a specific bonus feat or a choice from a list? (Maybe it should be specific for most things, but then there could be a list of choices for wings?)

Does this include overlapping natural AC? (Actually, do multiple sources of natural AC stack? I'd been assuming that they don't.)

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

I'd love some binder or gramarie associates

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

So would it be a specific bonus feat or a choice from a list? (Maybe it should be specific for most things, but then there could be a list of choices for wings?)
    I was thinking of allowing any feat.

Planned Replacements for Duplicate Association Class Features:
    Spoiler
    Show

Progressive Wings 2 (Ex): You can now use your wings to glide. You fly 20 feet forward, for every 5 feet of descent. You glide at your base land speed with average maneuverability. You cannot glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. Your gliding allows you to negate damage from a fall from any height when you are conscious. If you becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, your wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. You descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.
    Special: If you already have Progressive Wings 2 from another association, you instead gain any bonus feat which you qualify for.

Progressive Wings 3 (Ex): You gain a fly speed at your base land speed with average maneuverability. You cannot fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. You can safely fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). You can double this length of flight but you are fatigued by such exertion. You are likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because you can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, you can remain aloft for extended periods, even if you only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued.
    Special: If you already have Progressive Wings 3 from another association, you instead gain any bonus feat which you qualify for.

Fortification (Ex): As you become more (Whatever)-like, you become less vulnerable to precision damage. When you are struck by a critical hit, or a precision damage attack (such as sneak attack, sudden strike or skirmish), there is a chance that the critical hit or precision damage is negated and damage is instead rolled normally, as indicated by the percentage in the column.
    Special: This class feature stacks with the highest fortification you currently have from one other source, to a maximum of 100%. E.g. Lets say you are a level 8 Trissociate with 45% fortification from this class feature. You also wear a suit of armor with light fortification (25%). You can stack both of these together for a total effective fortification of 70%. If you also carry a shield with light fortification, your total effective fortification is still 70%, since fortification from the shield and the suit of armor do not stack.
    Special: If you have selected 2 or more Associations which provide fortification, they stack together in a special way. Firstly, your total fortification is equal to the fortification of all your associations summed together. You can no longer stack your total fortification with one other source. Your maximum effective fortification is still 100%. But for every 25% your sum total fortification exceeds 100%, you may choose one of the following benefits: You gain +2 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain an additional 1 hit point per hit dice. You can choose the same, or a different benefit each time your total fortification reaches the next 25% mark, and their effects stack. E.g. lets say a Trissociate has selected 2 Associations which provide 100% fortification by level 20. Therefore on level 20, his total fortification is 200% (although his effective fortification is still only 100%). This exceeds the 100% cap by 100%, or 4 times of 25%. Hence he can gain the above mentioned bonus 4 times.

Poison Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to all poisons.
    Special: If you already have Poison Immunity from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain +2 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain an additional 1 hit point per hit dice.

Disease Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to all diseases, including supernatural diseases.
    Special: If you already have Disease Immunity from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain +4 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain an additional 2 hit point per hit dice.

Paralysis Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to paralysis.
    Special: If you already have Paralysis Immunity from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain +4 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain an additional 2 hit point per hit dice.

Stunning Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to stunning.
    Special: If you already have Stunning Immunity from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain +2 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain an additional 1 hit point per hit dice.

Does this include overlapping natural AC? (Actually, do multiple sources of natural AC stack? I'd been assuming that they don't.)
    Designer intent is that they do stack, so if you happen to be some sort of Half-Farspawn/Half-Dragon, you can get +20 Nat Arrmor by level 20...

Of course, the Tarrasque is rolling +57 to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    I'd love some binder or gramarie associates
    There is already a Binder Associate (second one in this post).

Gramarie requires me to first understand the Gramarie subsystem, before I could put it into the Trissociate Class generation subsystem. (Yo Dawg and all that). Maybe when I have a lot more free time to read it all up.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-16 at 09:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Gramarie is being rewritten, so you want to wait a while until it's finished.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

OK, quick update:

There is now more support for duplicate class features. If you have 2 Associations that provide you with the exact same class feature, you can swap out the 2nd one for a bonus. This applies to: Progressive Wings, Poison Immunity, Disease Immunity, Paralysis Immunity, Polymorph/Petrification Immunity and Stunning Immunity.

Ozodrin has been added to EZ-Trissociate.

The generator also has a small formatting change, and will now list Associations in 2 columns.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

RedWizardGuy

Doesn't seem that much different from before...
    Spoiler: Ultimate Scholar ( revised)
    Show

Other Progression
    1 +0 +2 +2 +0 2 1
    2 +1 +3 +3 +0 4 1
    3 +2 +3 +3 +1 6 1
    4 +3 +4 +4 +1 8 1
    5 +3 +4 +4 +1 10 2
    6 +4 +5 +5 +2 12 2
    7 +5 +5 +5 +2 14 2
    8 +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 16 2
    9 +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 18 3
    10 +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 20 3
    11 +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 22 3
    12 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 24 3
    13 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 26 4
    14 +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 28 4
    15 +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 30 4
    16 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 34 4
    17 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 38 5
    18 +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 42 5
    19 +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 46 5
    20 +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 50 5

*Any Wizard Bonus Feat
    *Any Psion Bonus Feat

Rapid Conversion:
    Benefits: Normally a Trissociates has to enter Mastery Meditation to efficiently convert his Mastery points to Spells or Power Points. If he performs the conversion outside of Mastery Meditation, the Mastery point cost is usually doubled. With Rapid Conversion, he may carry out an efficient conversion as a free action, once per day. When he uses Rapid Conversion, he can spend half his Trissociate level (rounded down) worth of Mastery points, as if he was in Mastery Meditation. He can spread this expenditure of Mastery points over multiple Talents.

Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation or Metamagic feat of your choice, which you qualify for.

Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation or Metamagic feat of your choice, which you qualify for.

Recover Spell (Wizard): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

Recover Spell (Archivist): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

Recover Power Points: You may recover Power Points. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending however many Mastery points you wish, you may restore 2 Power Points for each Mastery point used. You may not exceed your normal Power Point maximum. You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. As a free action, you may instead recover 1 Power Point for each Mastery point spent, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. This is a supernatural ability.

Mastery Points (Ex): A Trissociate has a pool of Mastery points, which he can use to augment his abilities in various ways (depending on his selected Focus and Associations). A Trissociates has a maximum number of Mastery points as listed in the table above. He can restore 1/8 of his pool (rounded up) for each hour of rest he takes. Hence he can completely restore his pool by resting for 8 hours, but even if his rest is interrupted, his Mastery points will be partially restored. Unless otherwise stated, any usage of his Mastery points is considered an Extraordinary ability.

Save Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to add his Trissociate bonus to all his saving throws. He can activate this talent even when it is not his turn. The effect lasts for 1 minute/Trissociate level.

Fast Heal: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action, to gain fast healing equal to half his Trissociate level (round down, minimum 1), for 5 rounds. This fast healing stacks with one other source of fast healing of his choice (changeable every round). He may choose to activate this ability even when he is dying, which automatically stabilizes him.

E.g. Lets say a level 7 Trissociate (half Trissociate level round down is 3) is under the effect of the vigor spell which grants him Fast Healing of 2. He can activate his Trissociate Bonus Fast Healing of 3 points. He can choose to stack his Trissociate Fast Healing on top of the vigor spell for a total of 5 points of Fast Healing.

Attack Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to gain +1 to all attack rolls. The effect lasts for 1 minute/Trissociate level.

Speed Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to increase his speed for all modes of movement. The speed increase so gained, is equal to his Trissociate bonus multiplied by 5 ft. The effect lasts for 1 minute per Trissociate level.

Skill Boost: Whenever he makes a skill check, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to gain a bonus equal to half his Trissociate level (round down, minimum 1) to that single skill check, regardless of how long the check takes (e.g. a Gather Information check may take several hours). He may also apply this bonus when he is taking 10 or 20 to that skill check (provided circumstances allow him to take 10 or 20 in the first place).

Penetration: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster, manifester, invoker or meldshaper level rolls, for the purpose of overcoming spell or power resistance.

Resilience: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to Dispel DC, making the effect harder to dispel. He can also apply this to the effective meldshaper level of his soulmelds, for the purposes of resisting suppression checks (e.g. Dispel Magic) and unshaping checks (Unshape Soulmeld and Soulmeld Disjunction). He may apply this bonus when he is shaping his soulmelds, and he must spend 1 Mastery point for each seperate soulmeld affected, and the effect lasts for 24 hours. Should he wish to regain the bonus beyond 24 hours, he must reshape his soulmelds and spend Mastery points again.

Lingering: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster level for the purpose of determining the effect's duration. Spells / powers / soulmelds whose duration is not affected by caster level (e.g. endure elements) are not affected.

Extended Reach: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to double the caster level, for the purposes of determining the effect's range. Spells / powers / soulmelds which have a fixed range (e.g. personal, touch) are not affected.

Show

30. - Top - End - #150

It would be helpful if someone could come up with an automatic mastery talent for the ozodrin, or give me some instruction on what would be reasonable. My inclination is to say you gain temporary from points by expending mastery points, but I don't know how long or how many.

Mythic Associates coming up

Spoiler: Teramach Association
    Show
    Teramach Association
    Level Special Mythos Excellencies
    Starter
    1 The Monster's Mythos, Monstrous Rage, Mythos Known,
    Exceptional Mythos, Excellence in Monstrosity, Scarred Flesh,
    +1
    3 Primitive Brutality I +1
    5 Primitive Brutality II
    7 Fantastic Mythos +1
    9 Primitive Brutality III +1
    11 Primitive Brutality IV
    13 Legendary Mythos +1
    15 Primitive Brutality V +1
    17 Primitive Brutality VI
    19 Primitive Brutality VII, Exalted Mythos +1 +1

The Monster's Mythos: Your power is expressed in terms of one or more "Mythos", the building blocks of the legend that you are, and the stories that you have told and will tell. While any given Mythos varies from the rest, they share some similar traits. They are always Extraordinary abilities, and when they reference a difficulty class for an imposed saving throw, that saving throw is always calculated as (10 + 1/2 class level + Strength modifier, unless otherwise stated). When a Mythos references a "level" that is not clearly defined in some other way, such as "character level", it refers to "associate level" as in the number of levels one has in the Teramach association. When a Mythos references "allies", it specifically does not refer to the character using it. When a Mythos grants a feat as a bonus feat, it is regardless of whether the character meets the prerequisites for that feat (unless otherwise stated), and if the character already possesses that feat (in some permanent fashion - via the normal allotment gained by leveling up, or through another Mythos, and so on, but not those gained temporarily, such as via a "Heroics" spell), they must replace the prior instance of that feat with another feat that they qualify for.

Every Mythos has a Tier. The Tier of a Mythos ranges from 1 to 4, typically referred to as Exceptional, Fantastic, Legendary, and Exalted. Exceptional Mythos tell the tales of thugs, brutes, madmen, psychopaths, cannibals, and serial murderers. The men and women who are animals trapped in human bodies, incapable of living by the laws and ethics of a civilized society. Fantastic Mythos are the ideals of fairy tale monsters - demons, bogeymen, and dragons that terrorize and destroy, devouring knights and ill behaved children, or burning down villages and eating virgin hearts. Legendary Mythos are methods of calamity and ruin; the designs of pitspawned horrors that despoil what is pure, slaughter the armies of men, and burn the land such that life never returns. Exalted Mythos are for monsters beyond this petty world. They eat the sun, and cast the stars down upon the earth, and Hell follows behind them, for fear of their notice.

Some Mythos, in addition to their initial stated effect, have Basic and Advanced manifestations. When you gains access to a Mythos with a list of Basic manifestations, they may choose one such manifestation, and they gain that benefit immediately as well. This choice may not be changed later. When you gain access to a Mythos with a list of Advanced manifestations, they may choose one such manifestation, and they gain that benefit upon achieving their next odd level of the Teramach association. This choice may be changed at any point before receiving the chosen manifestation itself, but not after (choosing beforehand is just an easy way to mark it down on your character sheet so you don't forget that you'll be getting something later). Mythos can be found here.

Monstrous Rage: Some of your abilities reference a concept known as a "Rage", or a "Rage Effect". Unless otherwise stated, a Rage Effect induces the following behavior for its duration:

"The effected character may not show any manner of restraint in their attacks (for example, they may not voluntarily deal nonlethal damage if there is a suitable lethal method available, or purposefully pull their punches to deal less damage). They may not voluntarily perform movement that would take them farther away from all of their enemies (they may switch targets, but not forsake all of them). If a foe is dropped unconscious, and there are other dangers afoot, they may focus on those other dangers, but if there are no other enemies, dangers, or pressing concerns, they must attempt to kill fallen enemies. Any creature that strikes them (even if that creature is under some kind of outside influence) is considered an enemy (and cannot be considered an ally, obviously) for the duration of the Rage.

A Raging character takes a -4 penalty on all skill checks (other than Balance, Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, and Tumble checks), and ranged attack rolls (except with thrown weapons), and cannot cast spells, manifest psionic powers, or utilize Truenaming or Shadow Magic (Binding, Incarnum, and Invocations are fine)."

Mythos Known: At 1st level you begin play with one Exceptional Mythos that you qualify for.

You also have the ability to learn more Mythos, above the ones automatically allotted to him by leveling up - by destroying part of your humanity to make room for more of the Monster. At any time, you may destroy one of your own possessions (something that has been in his possession for at least a week's time). The annihilation must be complete enough that the item could never be repaired. The destroyed item's value in gold pieces is granted to you as an equal amount of Mythos Points.

By spending 3,000 Mythos Points, and 250xp, you may learn an Exceptional Mythos. A Fantastic Mythos requires 15,000 Mythos Points and 500xp. A Legendary Mythos takes 30,000 Mythos Points, and 1,000xp. And an Exalted Mythos takes 60,000 Mythos Points and 2,000xp.

For half the listed price for a given Tier, you may learn a Basic or Advanced manifestation of a Mythos you already know of that Tier.

Learning Mythos above the standard amount requires astounding, nearly single-minded devotion to the Monster's mentality. You may only utilize this ability while more than half of your effective character level (ECL) is devoted to levels in the Trissociate class.

Excellence in Monstrosity: As denoted on your class table, you gains a certain number of abilities known as "Excellencies". These tend to be more general, generic, and passive than a Mythos, but are useful nonetheless, and are drawn from their own separate list, unsegregated by Tiers. Like a Mythos, you may learn more Excellencies above their allotted amount. Each one costs 3,000 Mythos Points and 100xp, plus an additional 3,000 Mythos Points and 100xp for each time a new Excellency is innovated beyond the first. (So, 6,000mp and 200xp for the second, 9,000mp and 300xp for the third, etc.)

Scarred Flesh: It is not befitting a monster to wear the armor of men. As long as you are not wearing armor (including armor made light enough to no longer be considered armor for some purposes), you add your Strength modifier as a Natural Armor bonus to their Armor Class. This does not visually alter your appearance. Rather, your merely endure the wounds inflicted upon them, inhumanly continuing their rampage even as they are slashed to ribbons or, especially at higher levels, perhaps their skin, hardened by the countless scars of past battles, merely shrugs aside the blades and arrows of those that come to slay them.

Primitive Brutality: It is not befitting a monster to wield the tools of men. A 3rd level you gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat (and is proficient with his own unarmed attacks, if that needs to be said).

At 5th level, you also gain a curious kind of proficiency in improvised violence. You suffer no penalty for wielding improvised weapons, but only ones that they have acquired in the current encounter (or within the last minute or so, if one balks at the concept of a 'scene' or 'encounter'). After the encounter ends (or a few minutes have passed since all the action has died down), so does your proficiency. Your skill is one of passion and adrenaline, inflicting harm without thought, wrenching loose iron bars and stone doors to break their prey in the heat of a single, horrific moment. After a man has been killed with his own dinner table, that table's purpose, and its charm, are gone. You cannot coax more enthusiasm into it, any more than an artist can simply disgorge inspiration on command.

At 9th level, you add a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls made with his unarmed attacks and improvised weapons that his Primitive Brutality grants him proficiency with, and such weapons may bypass damage reduction as if they were magical. At 11th level, this bonus increases to +2, and they also bypass any damage reduction that may be bypassed by a special material (silver, cold iron, adamantine, etc). At 15th level, this bonus increases to +3, and they also bypass any damage reduction that may be bypassed by a particular alignment. At 17th level, this bonus increases to +4. At 19th level, this bonus increases to +5.

Spoiler: Otherofex Association
    Show
    Olethrofex Association
    Level Special Mythos Excellencies
    Starter
    1 The Abomination's Mythos, Mythos Known, Exceptional Mythos, Unliving Excellence, Death's Torn Tapestry +1
    3 Horror Manifest I +1
    5 Horror Manifest II
    7 Fantastic Mythos +1
    9 Horror Manifest III +1
    11 Horror Manifest IV
    13 Legendary Mythos +1
    15 +1
    19 Exalted Mythos +1 +1

The Abomination's Mythos: Your power is expressed in terms of one or more "Mythos", the building blocks of the legend that you are, and the stories that you have told and will tell. While any given Mythos varies from the rest, they share some similar traits. They are always Extraordinary abilities, and when they reference a difficulty class for an imposed saving throw, that saving throw is always calculated as (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma modifier, unless otherwise stated). When a Mythos references a "level" that is not clearly defined in some other way, such as "character level", it refers to "class level" as in the number of levels one has in the Olethrofex association. When a Mythos references "allies", it specifically does not refer to the character using it. When a Mythos grants a feat as a bonus feat, it is regardless of whether the character meets the prerequisites for that feat (unless otherwise stated), and if the character already possesses that feat (in some permanent fashion - via the normal allotment gained by leveling up, or through another Mythos, and so on, but not those gained temporarily, such as via a "Heroics" spell), they must replace the prior instance of that feat with another feat that they qualify for.

Every Mythos has a Tier. The Tier of a Mythos ranges from 1 to 4, typically referred to as Exceptional, Fantastic, Legendary, and Exalted. The Exceptional Mythos of the Olethrofex belongs to faceless ghouls that lurk in the dark spaces beyond the sight of the living, tricksters who thought to cheat Death when He came for them, victims of fate's errors, servants of dark powers cursed with their gratitude, and soldiers so enthralled by the blood and terror of the battlefield that their bodies never stopped seeking new foes to kill though their soul had long departed. The Olethrofex's Fantastic Mythos further reveal the truths of Death, Undeath, and Oblivion, driving the black champion to serve them one or all, lest he choose ignorance and devolve into a mere monster of the mortal coil, feared but meaningless. A Legendary Olethrofex is a guardian of the veil, a terrible lich-king, or a devouring blight on existence itself, manipulating, raping, or butchering the gate between this world and the next with their unnatural designs. Once you are Exalted, they mold bleak eternity as a craftsman would with clay. When they ride with scythe in hand, the end of days follows behind them. In their hands, the finite is made eternal and the eternal is brought to nothing. They are the dusk that drowns the day and the night that brings relief to a weary universe.

Some Mythos, in addition to their initial stated effect, have Basic and Advanced manifestations. When you gain access to a Mythos with a list of Basic manifestations, you may choose one such manifestation, and gain that benefit immediately as well. This choice may not be changed later. When you gain access to a Mythos with a list of Advanced manifestations, you may choose one such manifestation, and gain that benefit upon achieving their next odd level of the Olethrofex association. This choice may be changed at any point before receiving the chosen manifestation itself, but not after (choosing beforehand is just an easy way to mark it down on your character sheet so you don't forget that you'll be getting something later). Mythos can be found here.

Mythos Known: At 1st level, you begin play with one Exceptional Mythos that you qualifies for.

You also have the ability to learn more Mythos, above the ones automatically allotted to him by leveling up by performing certain tasks. The first is to expend resources funding or performing funereal rites for the dead, creating crypts, graveyards, and other repositories for the deceased, or constructing monuments to great deaths and tragedies. The second is to fund or create the infrastructure for an independent holding of sentient undead (other than yourself), such as constructing a city, or fortress, or flying necropolis where awakened zombies can unlive and work in relative safety from rampaging adventurers, or establishing a bunch of disparate vampies into a unified court where they can pool their resources, police themselves, and terrorize the living all the more effectively. The third is to annihilate magical items; destruction is not enough. To qualify, the item in question must be consigned to total oblivion, such as by a Sphere of Annihilation. The fourth is to deny a quest reward, which much also not be collected by an ally, given either from a living character as a request to destroy undead, or from a dark power to which you serve, rewarding you for slaying the living.

Resources expended or denied in these fashions, which are utilized earnestly and without intention to recollect on them for personal gain, have their gold piece value recouped as an identical number of Mythos Points.

By spending 3,000 Mythos Points, and 250xp, you may learn an Exceptional Mythos. A Fantastic Mythos requires 15,000 Mythos Points and 500xp. A Legendary Mythos takes 30,000 Mythos Points, and 1,000xp. And an Exalted Mythos takes 60,000 Mythos Points and 2,000xp.

For half the listed price for a given Tier, you may learn a Basic or Advanced manifestation of a Mythos they already know of that Tier.

Learning Mythos above the standard amount requires astounding, nearly single-minded devotion to the story of the Olethrofex. You may only utilize this ability while more than half of your effective character level (ECL) is devoted to levels in the Trissociate class.

Unliving Excellence: As denoted on their class table, you gain a certain number of abilities known as "Excellencies". These tend to be more general, generic, and passive than a Mythos, but are useful nonetheless, and are drawn from their own separate list, unsegregated by Tiers. Like a Mythos, you may learn more Excellencies above their allotted amount. Each one costs 1,000 Mythos Points and 100xp, plus an additional 3,000 Mythos Points and 100xp for each time a new Excellency is innovated beyond the first. (So, 6,000mp and 200xp for the second, 9,000mp and 300xp for the third, etc.)

Death's Torn Tapestry: When the Abomination was created, its fetid, rotting hide grew slick with the universe's conceptual blood as its impossibility tore wounds in things that had not yet come to be. As it tried to die, but could not, its anathematic Mythos swept up threads from Death and Oblivion while they roiled their spite at its existence, and devoured them as a ghoul feasting on flesh. And so it is that its story gained some perverse purview over these things, though in a twisted way, and not to the extent of those things' true champions.

Some of your Mythos are labeled with [Death], [Undeath], or [Oblivion] descriptors. [Undeath] are the purest expression of the Abomination's ideals - they create or empower undead to further blaspheme against the essence of all that is proper in the multiverse. You can maintain control over a maximum number of Hit Dice of Undead created via his Mythos equal to (4 x Class Level).

[Death] Mythos require dedication to what the Abomination should have been - the first dead thing, rather than an undead creature. As such, every [Death] Mythos you know lowers the number of Undead you may maintain control over by 4.

[Oblivion] Mythos require dedication to a true, silent end beyond any life or afterlife. Truly internalizing such ideas is deadening to one's heart and mind. Whenever you gain a Morale bonus or penalty, reduce that bonus or penalty by 1 per [Oblivion] Mythos you know.

Horror Manifest: It would be a mistake to assume that the destruction of your flesh is all that is required to defeat you. You are so much more than meat and bones. You are the gross mutilation of reason and nature made into physical form, a walking elemental anathema to the multiverse. At 3rd level, you add your Charisma modifier as a bonus to their Armor Class, so long as you wear light or no armor, as the heat of violence withers and dies upon seeing their horror revealed to the world.

At 5rd level, you may substitute your Charisma modifier in place of their Constitution modifier for determining the number of hit points they receive at each level. You may apply this benefit retroactively.

At 9th level, you may substitute their Charisma modifier in place of their Constitution modifier for determining their Fortitude saving throw bonus.

At 11th level, you gain Force Of Personality as a bonus feat (CA).

The class abilities are delayed about two levels each, with roughly 1/3 the normal mythos and 1/4 the normal excellencies. Buying new mythos and excellencies costs 3x as much in mythos points as normal, but the regular about of experience.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2014-04-18 at 03:36 PM.