New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

I'm probably just blind, but on the Changelog / Updates spoiler it says...

2 Jul 12
    -Added Cirno sample.
    ... But I'm not seeing any Cirno. Am I blind, or did it get lost in the shuffle at some point?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ooh, a Cirno would be lovely. There are a couple of ways you could build her, too.

I'm thinking watery elemental savant, half-fae, and rogue or monk for mobility? Dumping INT, WIS and STR but with sky-high DEX and CHA?
    Last edited by Durazno; 2014-04-18 at 04:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
    Doesn't seem that much different from before...
    Indeed there isn't*, which is why I didn't ask you to re-generate the tables this time. Seriously though, don't feel obliged to keep re-generating the tables each time an update occurs.

*The only difference is that Scribe Scroll can now be replaced with Item creation or Meta-magic feats.

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    It would be helpful if someone could come up with an automatic mastery talent for the ozodrin, or give me some instruction on what would be reasonable.
    Magikeeper has mentioned that he wants to update the Ozodrin project. So maybe we can wait for that first?
    My inclination is to say you gain temporary from points by expending mastery points, but I don't know how long or how many.
    I have added a rough guide to the value of each Mastery point in the Associations post, at the bottom of the make-your-own-Association spoiler, which you might find useful.
    Mythic Associates coming up
    Alright, everyone feel free to comment on it, and I will try to roll these into the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    I'm probably just blind, but on the Changelog / Updates spoiler it says...
    Oh wow, somebody bothered to read all that?
    ... But I'm not seeing any Cirno. Am I blind, or did it get lost in the shuffle at some point?
    Indeed, what happened was that at one point, there were 3 or 4 samples. But eventually, as the number of Associations kept expanding AND I didn't make enough reserved posts, some of them were discarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    Ooh, a Cirno would be lovely.

There are a couple of ways you could build her, too.I'm thinking watery elemental savant, half-fae, and rogue or monk for mobility? Dumping INT, WIS and STR but with sky-high DEX and CHA?
    As I recall, Cirno was a high Cha Mental Focus Water Elemental/Half-Fey/Sorcerer (not necessarily in that order). Possibly with a custom flaw: Point Blank Miss. The Touhou types tend to all be caster-ish.

That said, Touhou fairies are not known for using mind control. So all the enchantment SLAs which Half-Fey receive, seem somewhat out of place on her. I would recommend customizing her further, by replacing those SLAs with other appropriate ice/water themed ones.

In fact, you could use a similar high Cha Mental Focus Fire Elemental/Half-Fiend/Sorcerer (with customized SLAs), to make Utsuho Reiuji.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Oh wow, somebody bothered to read all that?

Indeed, what happened was that at one point, there were 3 or 4 samples. But eventually, as the number of Associations kept expanding AND I didn't make enough reserved posts, some of them were discarded.

As I recall, Cirno was a high Cha Mental Focus Water Elemental/Half-Fey/Sorcerer (not necessarily in that order). Possibly with a custom flaw: Point Blank Miss. The Touhou types tend to all be caster-ish.

That said, Touhou fairies are not known for using mind control. So all the enchantment SLAs which Half-Fey receive, seem somewhat out of place on her. I would recommend customizing her further, by replacing those SLAs with other appropriate ice/water themed ones.

In fact, you could use a similar high Cha Mental Focus Fire Elemental/Half-Fiend/Sorcerer (with customized SLAs), to make Utsuho Reiuji.
    I actually had a different idea for Cirno, if I may. Assuming that we're allowed more than just this for homebrew, then Cirno would be a Toughness-Focused Water Elemental/Half-Fey/Sublime. The Toughness comes from her being nearly unkillable (she'd still only have simple weapons and light armor, so no real changes there), and the Sublime would provide Oslecamo's Crystallized Silver school. What do you all think?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

I actually had a different idea for Cirno, if I may. Assuming that we're allowed more than just this for homebrew, then Cirno would be a Toughness-Focused Water Elemental/Half-Fey/Sublime. The Toughness comes from her being nearly unkillable
    I think her unkillability comes more from the fact that Touhou always engages in non-lethal fights, then out of any sort incredible resilience she has. Nobody dies from danmaku battles in Gensokyo.

and the Sublime would provide Oslecamo's Crystallized Silver school. What do you all think?
    That could work as well (although I question whether a high intimidate fits her, maybe replace the key skill with Perform: 9-Is-The-Strongest, which seems to endear her so greatly to the audience ).

Really, the question isn't how you build her. It is whether you can find a DM who will let you play a homebrewed ice fairy at all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Remember, fairies in Gensokyo will respawn after dying. Cirno is perfectly killable, but she won't stay dead.

Notion: what if you outsourced character examples a bit? If someone makes a demo character that you like and posts it here, you could add a link to the last reserved post. Cirno could fly again!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Remember, fairies in Gensokyo will respawn after dying. Cirno is perfectly killable, but she won't stay dead.
    Hmm... I wasn't aware of that... but I'm not exactly a major touhou expert.
    Notion: what if you outsourced character examples a bit? If someone makes a demo character that you like and posts it here, you could add a link to the last reserved post. Cirno could fly again!
    Uhh... well, you could build something and I could link to it. My concern is what would happen if/when I updated one (or more) of Cirno's components?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

A xenoalchemist trisociate would be fun.

Edit: You should include rules for having more than 3 or less than 3 associations to your class for people wanting to play a more highpower or lowpower campaign.
    Last edited by spikeof2010; 2014-04-21 at 08:57 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Another update
    -Teramach and Olethrofex have been added, for those who want to play some sort of half-Undead Mythos brute. I have decided to just reference the original page for class features.
    -Half-Fey now provides immunity to mind-affecting instead of enchantment.
    -Immunity to mind-affecting now has alternate bonuses if you gain it more than once
    -Chosen Energy Resistance can now be swapped if you gain energy immunity

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    A xenoalchemist trisociate would be fun.
    I will add it to the homebrew to-do list. Although adding/refining the more popular homebrews (Ozodrin, Mythos, Gramarie).
    Also, xenoalchemist has not had its tables fixed yet.

Edit: You should include rules for having more than 3 or less than 3 associations to your class for people wanting to play a more highpower or lowpower campaign.
    I have added a brief note on doing so. The EZ-Trissociate compiler can already use "_Null" associations if you want fewer than 3.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-24 at 09:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

The sections on the 1st page have been shuffled around to make more space for our latest additions. *Hopefully*, it should be a bit more logically structured now.

Speaking of new additions, Worm-That-Walks and Divine-Blooded have been added. Let me know what you think. Too strong? Too weak?

Also, the final 'official' Mythos by Xefas: Kathodos has been added as well.

Ninja Edit: Worm that Walks has been given Blindsight and Flanking Immunity
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-27 at 01:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Ultimate Scholar
    Show
    Trissociate (Mental focus: Wizard, Archivist, Erudite)
    Hit Die: D6

Class Feature Progression
    Level Wz0 Wz1 Wz2 Wz3 Wz4 Wz5 Wz6 Wz7 Wz8 Wz9 Ac0 Ac1 Ac2 Ac3 Ac4 Ac5 Ac6 Ac7 Ac8 Ac9 Erudite Power Points Erudite Powers Known Erudite Maximum Power Level Known Erudite Unique Powers Per Day Special
    1 2 - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - Mastery Meditation, Armored Caster (Light), Learnt Mastery Talent 1, Scribe Scroll, Scribe Scroll
    2 3 - - - - - - - - - 2 - - - - - - - - - 2 1 1 1
    3 3 1 - - - - - - - - 3 - - - - - - - - - 3 2 1 2 Focus Feature 1
    4 3 1 - - - - - - - - 3 1 - - - - - - - - 5 3 1 3
    5 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 3 1 - - - - - - - - 7 4 1 4 Learnt Mastery Talent 2
    6 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 9 5 2 4
    7 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 3 1 1 - - - - - - - 12 6 2 5 Focus Feature 2
    8 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 15 7 3 6
    9 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - 18 8 3 7 Learnt Mastery Talent 3
    10 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 22 9 4 7
    11 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - 27 10 4 8 Focus Feature 3, Wizard Bonus Feat
    12 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 32 11 5 9 Archivist Bonus Feat
    13 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - 37 12 5 10 Learnt Mastery Talent 4
    14 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 43 13 6 10
    15 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - - 49 14 6 11 Focus Feature 4
    16 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 56 15 7 12
    17 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - 63 16 7 13 Learnt Mastery Talent 5
    18 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 70 17 8 13
    19 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - 78 18 8 14 Focus Feature 5
    20 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 86 20 9 15

Other Progression
    Level Base Attack Bonus Will Good Save Poor Save Mastery Points Trissociate Bonus
    1 +0 +2 +2 +0 2 1
    2 +1 +3 +3 +0 4 1
    3 +2 +3 +3 +1 6 1
    4 +3 +4 +4 +1 8 1
    5 +3 +4 +4 +1 10 2
    6 +4 +5 +5 +2 12 2
    7 +5 +5 +5 +2 14 2
    8 +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 16 2
    9 +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 18 3
    10 +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 20 3
    11 +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 22 3
    12 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 24 3
    13 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 26 4
    14 +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 28 4
    15 +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 30 4
    16 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 34 4
    17 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 38 5
    18 +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 42 5
    19 +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 46 5
    20 +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 50 5

Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim.

Wizard Skills: Add Spellcraft and Decipher Script to your Trissociate class skill list.

Archivist Skills: Add Spellcraft, Heal and Decipher Script to your Trissociate class skill list.

Erudite Skills: Add Psicraft and Autohypnosis to your Trissociate class skill list.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Mental focus Trissociate is proficient with all simple weapons. He is also proficient with light armor, and with all shields (except for Tower Shields).

Focus Feature: Whenever you gain a Focus Feature, you may select any feat that you qualify for, which falls under one of the following categories:
    *Any Wizard Bonus Feat
    *Any Psion Bonus Feat
    *Any Feat that uses or augments Turn/Rebuke Undead (including divine feats)
    *Any feat the grants you one or more new Spell-Like Abilities (including Extra Invocation, provided you qualify)
    *Any feat the grants you additional uses of an existing Spell-Like Ability
    *Certain Associate Feats, such as Insightful Binder feat for the Binder Associate
    *Alternatively, you may select Rapid Conversion (see below)

Rapid Conversion:
    Requirements: Mental Category Focus Trissociate
    Special: This can only be taken as a Focus Feature, and cannot be bought using normal character feats.
    Benefits: Normally a Trissociates has to enter Mastery Meditation to efficiently convert his Mastery points to Spells or Power Points. If he performs the conversion outside of Mastery Meditation, the Mastery point cost is usually doubled. With Rapid Conversion, he may carry out an efficient conversion as a free action, once per day. When he uses Rapid Conversion, he can spend half his Trissociate level (rounded down) worth of Mastery points, as if he was in Mastery Meditation. He can spread this expenditure of Mastery points over multiple Talents.

E.g. Lets say we have a level 10 Trissociate with Mental Focus. He can spend 5 Mastery points with one use of Rapid conversion, and he can spread this over multiple talents. With one use, he could recover a level 3 spell slot with 3 Mastery points, and spend another 2 Mastery points to regain 4 Power points. Or he could channel all 5 Master points to regain 10 Power points, at his choosing.

Special: This feat can be selected multiple times. Each time, you gain an additional daily use of this ability.

Spellcasting: You gain Intelligence based prepared Arcane spells as a Wizard. Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your spell slots at each level follows the table above (Wz0-Wz9). You gain bonus spell slots based on your Intelligence score.

Spellbook: A Wizard associate must study his spellbook each day, to prepare his spells. This functions like a Wizard's spellbook except as noted here. At Trissociate level 1, you can fill your spellbook with 5+Int modifier cantrips of your choice. If you begin play with at least 1 level in Trissociate, your first Spellbook is given to you free. Whenever you gain another level of Trissociate, you automatically learn 2 new spells, up to the highest level you can cast, as per a normal Wizard.

Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation or Metamagic feat of your choice, which you qualify for.

Spellcasting: You gain Intelligence based prepared Divine spells as an Archivist. Your spells at each level follow the table above (Ac0-Ac9) Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your spell slots at each level follows the table above. Your spell access and spell DC are based on your Intelligence score. You bonus spells slots are based on your Wisdom score.

Prayerbook: An Archivist associate must study his spellbook each day, to prepare his spells. This functions like an Archivist's prayerbook except as noted here. At Trissociate level 1, you can fill your prayerbook with 5+Int modifier orisons of your choice. If you begin play with at least 1 level in Trissociate, your first prayerbook is given to you free. Whenever you gain another level of Trissociate, you automatically learn 2 new spells, up to the highest level you can cast, as per a normal Archivist.

Scribe Scroll: You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. If you already have Scribe Scroll, you may instead pick one other Item Creation or Metamagic feat of your choice, which you qualify for.

Psionics: You gain Intelligence based Manifesting Powers as an Erudite. Your Manifester level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your Power Points available follows your Trissociate level, instead of your Associate level. You gain bonus Power Points based on your Intelligence score. Hence, at Trissociate level 1, you have a power point pool, and can start taking Psionic feats (even if your Erudite association is secondary, and you do not know any powers yet).

Your Powers known however, is still based on your Associate level, and follows the 1st table above. The 'Erudite Powers Known' column indicates the powers you automatically gain for free, from advancing in levels. Besides these powers, you can also add additional powers to your repertoire. This works as per a normal Erudite except as noted here: Adding a new power costs 20 XP per Trissociate level.

Erudite Unique Powers Per Day: An Erudite associate manifests psionic powers, paying for each manifestation with an expenditure of power points. Unlike a Psion, an Erudite associate is limited to manifesting a certain number of unique psionic powers from ALL levels per day, from the repertoire of powers he knows.

Wizard Bonus Feat: You gain a bonus feat as per a Wizard.

Archivist Bonus Feat: You gain a bonus feat as per an Archivist.

Primary Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Spell (Wizard): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

You can only use this to recover spell slots gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell slots gained from other classes or Associations (although they may their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. By spending Mastery points equal to double the spell slot's level, you may recover that spell slot as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 Mastery point to restore in this manner.

Secondary Automatic Mastery Talents (available from Trissociate level 2 onwards)
    Recover Spell (Archivist): You may recover an expended spell slot as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the spell slot's level, you may restore an already cast spell. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner. If you are a prepared spellcaster, you may not change the spell that was prepared in that slot (this does not apply to spontaneous spellcasters).

You can only use this to recover spell slots gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell slots gained from other classes or Associations (although they may their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. By spending Mastery points equal to double the spell slot's level, you may recover that spell slot as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 Mastery point to restore in this manner.

Recover Power Points: You may recover Power Points. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending however many Mastery points you wish, you may restore 2 Power Points for each Mastery point used. You may not exceed your normal Power Point maximum. You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. As a free action, you may instead recover 1 Power Point for each Mastery point spent, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. This is a supernatural ability.

Common Trissociate Class Features
    (Author's Note: this set of features is common for all Trissociates regardless of Focus or Associations selection. You probably only need to read this once, when making your first Trissociate. Hence, it has been seperated out and placed at the end, so that you can skip it if you want, for subsequent Trissociates.)

Chosen Save (Ex): Depending on the Focus he has picked, a Trissociate has one of his saves become good (Fortitude for Battle, Reflex for Skill, Will for Mental). Besides this Focus Save, he may pick a second save to have good progression. His third save then has poor progression, unless modified by one of the Trissociate selected Associations.

Mastery Points (Ex): A Trissociate has a pool of Mastery points, which he can use to augment his abilities in various ways (depending on his selected Focus and Associations). A Trissociates has a maximum number of Mastery points as listed in the table above. He can restore 1/8 of his pool (rounded up) for each hour of rest he takes. Hence he can completely restore his pool by resting for 8 hours, but even if his rest is interrupted, his Mastery points will be partially restored. Unless otherwise stated, any usage of his Mastery points is considered an Extraordinary ability.

Mastery Meditation (Ex): A Trissociate can focus his mind to replenish the various spent abilities he gains from his Associations, usually (but not always) spending Mastery points in the process. Entering Mastery Meditation simply requires 5 minutes of concentration. Mastery Meditation ends when the Trissociate wants it to, although it also automatically ends whenever the Trissociate takes damage.

While in Mastery Meditation, a Trissociate can freely channel as many Mastery points as he posesses, to recovering his Association's abilities. He cannot willingly move from his position, although he can be moved by others (e.g. if he is sitting on a cart), and as such is considered flat-footed while Meditating. Otherwise he can take any action he normally could, including casting spells.

Adaptation: There are some character concepts for whom meditation might not be an appropriate activity. In these cases, you can replace Mastery Meditation with 5 minutes of some other suitable non-combat activity. For example, a pious character might pray for 5 minutes. Other possible activities include: martial exercises, polishing equipment, singing and dancing on the spot, howling (at the moon), or even simply resting.

Trissociate Bonus (Ex): Many Mastery Talents (both learnt and automatic) provide a numerical bonus to a particular ability. The numerical bonus is based on the Trissociate bonus, which gradually improves as indicated, when the Trissociate advances.

Armored Caster (Ex): When casting spells, invocations, and other similiar abilities that might be affected by Arcane Spell Failure which he gains from his Associations, a Trissociate can ignore Arcane Spell Failure from light armor, but not from shields. (Unless otherwise stated, Spell Like Abilites work normally and hence do not suffer from Arcane Spell Failure at all.)

Learnt Mastery Talents (Ex): A Mastery Talent is a trick that costs Mastery points, and which a Trissociate can use to augment himself in some way. Some Mastery Talents are automatically known depending on his selected Associations (see Associations below). Whereas other must be learnt. This column indicates the number of Learnable Mastery Talents which a Trissociate knows.

Learnable Mastery Talents
    Whenever a Trissociate can learn a new Mastery Talent, he selects one talent from the list below. This selection is permanent and cannot be changed, barring special and intensive retraining (read: DM fiat). Unless otherwise stated, all Learnable Mastery Talents are extraordinary abilities that are activated as a free action. The bonus each provides is an untyped bonus which stacks with everything else, but not with itself (so the same talent cannot be applied repeatedly).

Save Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to add his Trissociate bonus to all his saving throws. He can activate this talent even when it is not his turn. The effect lasts for 1 minute/Trissociate level.

Fast Heal: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action, to gain fast healing equal to half his Trissociate level (round down, minimum 1), for 5 rounds. This fast healing stacks with one other source of fast healing of his choice (changeable every round). He may choose to activate this ability even when he is dying, which automatically stabilizes him.

E.g. Lets say a level 7 Trissociate (half Trissociate level round down is 3) is under the effect of the vigor spell which grants him Fast Healing of 2. He can activate his Trissociate Bonus Fast Healing of 3 points. He can choose to stack his Trissociate Fast Healing on top of the vigor spell for a total of 5 points of Fast Healing.

Attack Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to gain +1 to all attack rolls. The effect lasts for 1 minute/Trissociate level.

Speed Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point as a free action to increase his speed for all modes of movement. The speed increase so gained, is equal to his Trissociate bonus multiplied by 5 ft. The effect lasts for 1 minute per Trissociate level.

Skill Boost: Whenever he makes a skill check, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to gain a bonus equal to half his Trissociate level (round down, minimum 1) to that single skill check, regardless of how long the check takes (e.g. a Gather Information check may take several hours). He may also apply this bonus when he is taking 10 or 20 to that skill check (provided circumstances allow him to take 10 or 20 in the first place).

Penetration: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster, manifester, invoker or meldshaper level rolls, for the purpose of overcoming spell or power resistance.

Resilience: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to Dispel DC, making the effect harder to dispel. He can also apply this to the effective meldshaper level of his soulmelds, for the purposes of resisting suppression checks (e.g. Dispel Magic) and unshaping checks (Unshape Soulmeld and Soulmeld Disjunction). He may apply this bonus when he is shaping his soulmelds, and he must spend 1 Mastery point for each seperate soulmeld affected, and the effect lasts for 24 hours. Should he wish to regain the bonus beyond 24 hours, he must reshape his soulmelds and spend Mastery points again.

Lingering: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster level for the purpose of determining the effect's duration. Spells / powers / soulmelds whose duration is not affected by caster level (e.g. endure elements) are not affected.

Extended Reach: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power, psi-like-ability or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to double the caster level, for the purposes of determining the effect's range. Spells / powers / soulmelds which have a fixed range (e.g. personal, touch) are not affected.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Also, the final 'official' Mythos by Xefas: Kathodos has been added as well.
    Still missing the Bellator, actually.

Would it be a good initiative to encourage homebrewers to make associations alongside their base classes?

13. - Top - End - #163

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Cirno, or any Elemental Fairy
    Show
    (Mental focus: Elemental-Savant, Half-Fey, Martial Sage)
    Special: You must not already be a Half-Fey.

Hit Die: D6

Class Feature Progression
    Level Elemental Fortification Elemental Strike: Damage Elemental Strike: Range Fey Damage Reduction Half-Fey Spell Like Abilities Gained Ki Points Maximum Ki Dodge Martial Sage Unarmored Speed Bonus Martial Sage Unarmored AC Bonus Special
    1 10% 1d4 15 ft cone/30 ft line and ray - 3 - - - Mastery Meditation, Armored Caster (Light), Learnt Mastery Talent 1, Elemental Bonus to Saves, Darkvision 60 ft, Elemental Energy Resistance, Half-Fey Progressive Wings 1, Half-Fey Mind-Affecting Resistance
    2 10% 1d4 15 ft cone/30 ft line and ray 1/Cold Iron Charm Person X/day, Hypnotism 1/day, Faerie fire or Glitterdust 1/day 5 15% +5 ft 1 Half-Fey Progressive Wings 2, Low Light Vision, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 1), Wisdom to AC
    3 20% 2d4 20 ft cone/40 ft line and ray 1/Cold Iron 10 15% +5 ft 1 Focus Feature 1, No need for Food or Water
    4 20% 2d4 20 ft cone/40 ft line and ray 2/Cold Iron Detect law 3/day, Enthrall or Sleep 1/day 15 20% +10 ft 1 Fey Ability Score Boost 1, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 2)
    5 30% 3d4 25 ft cone/50 ft line and ray 2/Cold Iron 23 20% +10 ft 1 Learnt Mastery Talent 2, No need for Sleep
    6 30% 3d4 25 ft cone/50 ft line and ray 3/Cold Iron Protection from law 3/day 30 25% +10 ft 2 Half-Fey Progressive Wings 3, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 3)
    7 40% 4d6 30 ft cone/60 ft line and ray 3/Cold Iron 30 25% +10 ft 2 Focus Feature 2, Immune to Flanking
    8 40% 4d6 30 ft cone/60 ft line and ray 4/Cold Iron Confusion or Calm Emotions 1/day 50 30% +15 ft 2 Fey Ability Score Boost 2, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 4)
    9 50% 5d6 35 ft cone/70 ft line and ray 4/Cold Iron 63 30% +15 ft 2 Learnt Mastery Talent 3, No need to Breath
    10 50% 5d6 35 ft cone/70 ft line and ray 5/Cold Iron Eyebite or Lesser Geas 1/day 75 35% +15 ft 3 Half-Fey Progressive Wings 4, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 5)
    11 60% 6d6 40 ft cone/80 ft line and ray 5/Cold Iron 90 35% +15 ft 3 Focus Feature 3, Elemental Energy Immunity
    12 60% 6d6 40 ft cone/80 ft line and ray 6/Cold Iron Dominate person or Hold Monster 1/day 105 40% +20 ft 3 Fey Ability Score Boost 3, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 6)
    13 70% 7d8 45 ft cone/90 ft line and ray 6/Cold Iron 123 40% +20 ft 3 Learnt Mastery Talent 4, Elemental-Savant Poison Immunity
    14 70% 7d8 45 ft cone/90 ft line and ray 7/Cold Iron Mass Invisibility 1/day 140 45% +20 ft 4 Half-Fey Progressive Wings 5, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 7)
    15 80% 8d8 50 ft cone/100 ft line and ray 7/Cold Iron 160 45% +20 ft 4 Focus Feature 4, Elemental-Savant Paralysis Immunity
    16 80% 8d8 50 ft cone/100 ft line and ray 8/Cold Iron Geas/Quest or Mass Suggestion 1/day 180 50% +25 ft 4 Fey Ability Score Boost 4, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 8)
    17 90% 9d8 55 ft cone/110 ft line and ray 8/Cold Iron 203 50% +25 ft 4 Learnt Mastery Talent 5, Elemental-Savant Stunning Immunity, Timeless Body
    18 90% 9d8 55 ft cone/110 ft line and ray 9/Cold Iron Insanity or Mass Charm Monster 1/day 225 55% +25 ft 5 Charm Person At Will, Timeless Body, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 9)
    19 100% 10d10 60 ft cone/120 ft line and ray 9/Cold Iron 250 55% +25 ft 5 Focus Feature 5, Elemental Transformation
    20 100% 10d10 60 ft cone/120 ft line and ray 10/Cold Iron Irresistible Dance 1/day 275 60% +30 ft 5 Fey Type, Half-Fey Mind-Affecting Immunity, Martial Sage Ability (+1, Total 10)

Other Progression
    Level Base Attack Bonus Will Good Save Poor Save Mastery Points Trissociate Bonus
    1 +0 +2 +2 +0 2 1
    2 +1 +3 +3 +0 4 1
    3 +2 +3 +3 +1 6 1
    4 +3 +4 +4 +1 8 1
    5 +3 +4 +4 +1 10 2
    6 +4 +5 +5 +2 12 2
    7 +5 +5 +5 +2 14 2
    8 +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 16 2
    9 +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 18 3
    10 +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 20 3
    11 +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 22 3
    12 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 24 3
    13 +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 26 4
    14 +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 28 4
    15 +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 30 4
    16 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 34 4
    17 +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 38 5
    18 +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 42 5
    19 +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 46 5
    20 +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 50 5

Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim.

Martial Sage Skills: Add Balance, Escape Artist and Tumble to your Trissociate class skill list.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Mental focus Trissociate is proficient with all simple weapons. He is also proficient with light armor, and with all shields (except for Tower Shields).

Focus Feature: Whenever you gain a Focus Feature, you may select any feat that you qualify for, which falls under one of the following categories:
    *Any Wizard Bonus Feat
    *Any Psion Bonus Feat
    *Any Feat that uses or augments Turn/Rebuke Undead (including divine feats)
    *Any feat the grants you one or more new Spell-Like Abilities (including Extra Invocation, provided you qualify)
    *Any feat the grants you additional uses of an existing Spell-Like Ability
    *Certain Associate Feats, such as Insightful Binder feat for the Binder Associate
    *Alternatively, you may select Rapid Conversion (see below)

Rapid Conversion:
    Requirements: Mental Category Focus Trissociate
    Special: This can only be taken as a Focus Feature, and cannot be bought using normal character feats.
    Benefits: Normally a Trissociates has to enter Mastery Meditation to efficiently convert his Mastery points to Spells or Power Points. If he performs the conversion outside of Mastery Meditation, the Mastery point cost is usually doubled. With Rapid Conversion, he may carry out an efficient conversion as a free action, once per day. When he uses Rapid Conversion, he can spend half his Trissociate level (rounded down) worth of Mastery points, as if he was in Mastery Meditation. He can spread this expenditure of Mastery points over multiple Talents.

E.g. Lets say we have a level 10 Trissociate with Mental Focus. He can spend 5 Mastery points with one use of Rapid conversion, and he can spread this over multiple talents. With one use, he could recover a level 3 spell slot with 3 Mastery points, and spend another 2 Mastery points to regain 4 Power points. Or he could channel all 5 Master points to regain 10 Power points, at his choosing.

Special: This feat can be selected multiple times. Each time, you gain an additional daily use of this ability.

Chosen Element and Energy: When you select the Elemental Savant Association, pick a subtype, which is associated with a given energy type. The available subtypes (and corresponding energy types) are: Earth (Acid), Fire (Fire), Air (Electricity), and Water (Cold). This selection is permanent barring special and intensive retraining (read: DM fiat).

Elemental Fortification (Ex): As you become more Elemental-like, you become less vulnerable to precision damage. When you are struck by a critical hit, or a precision damage attack (such as sneak attack, sudden strike or skirmish), there is a chance that the critical hit or precision damage is negated and damage is instead rolled normally, as indicated by the percentage in the column.
    Special: This class feature stacks with the highest fortification you currently have from one other source, to a maximum of 100%. E.g. Lets say you are a level 8 Trissociate with 45% fortification from this class feature. You also wear a suit of armor with light fortification (25%). You can stack both of these together for a total effective fortification of 70%. If you also carry a shield with light fortification, your total effective fortification is still 70%, since fortification from the shield and the suit of armor do not stack.
    Special: If you have selected 2 or more Associations which provide fortification as an extraordinary ability, they stack together in a special way. Firstly, your total fortification is equal to the fortification of all your associations summed together. You can no longer stack your total fortification with one other source (although you can still use another source if it is higher than your total fortification). Your maximum effective fortification is still 100%. But for every 25% your sum total fortification exceeds 100%, you may choose one of the following benefits: You gain an additional 1 hit point per hit dice. Or you gain +2 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain +2 to all Reflex saves. Or you gain +2 to all Will saves. You can choose the same, or a different benefit each time your total fortification reaches the next 25% mark, and their effects stack. E.g. lets say a Trissociate has selected 2 Associations which provide 100% fortification by level 20. Lets say that on level 19, his total fortification is 190% (although his effective fortification is still only 100%). This exceeds the 100% cap by 90%, or 3 times (round down) of 25%. Hence he can gain the above mentioned bonus 3 times.

Elemental Strike (Su): At will, but no more than once per round, you may use an Elemental Strike. This does damage of your chosen energy type, according to the table above. As a supernatural ability, Elemental Strikes do not provoke Attacks of Opportunity. Your options are as follows:
    *As a full round action, you can fire a cone or a line. Those caught in the area can make a reflex save to half the damage received (DC 10 + half your trissociate level + your highest mental ability score modifier). You can also use this ability as a standard action, but Elemental Strike only deals half its of normal damage.
    *As a standard action, you can fire a ray. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack against a single target within range, but your target does not get a save.
    *As a standard action, you can attempt a melee touch attack against a single target. If it hits, your target suffers Elemental Strike damage with no save.
    *As a move action, you can charge any weapon (including natural weapons, unarmed strikes and ranged weapon ammunition) with elemental energy. The next successful attack with that weapon also deals Elemental Strike damage to the target, and discharges the elemental energy. There is no save to reduce the damage. If not used by the start of your next turn, this elemental energy charge dissipates. You can also charge your weapon as a swift action, but Elemental Strike only does half of its normal damage.

Elemental Strike Feats: Your Elemental Strike counts as a Breath Weapon for the prerequisite and benefit of feats. Hence, you can augment your Elemental Strike with feats that also apply to breath weapons without a cooldown (similiar to a Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic). Additionally, you qualify for the Elemental Strike feats listed below.
    Special: You can qualify for the following feats from Races of Dragon despite not having the Dragonblood subtype: Entangling Exhalation, Exhaled Barrier and Exhaled Immunity.

Quicken Elemental Weapon Charge:
    Requirements: Trissociate Elemental Savant Associate
    Benefit: You may use Elemental Strike to charge any weapon as a free action, but Elemental Strike only does half of its normal damage. You still cannot use Elemental Strike more than once per round.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

Rapid Elemental Area Strike:
    Benefit: You may use Elemental Strike to fire a cone or a line with full damage as a standard action instead of a full round action. You still cannot use Elemental Strike more than once per round.

Penetrating Elemental Strike:
    Benefit: You may choose to use your Elemental Strike as a Penetrating Elemental Strike. When used this way, your Elemental Strike only deals 80% its normal damage (round down, minimum 1). However, the resulting damage ignores energy resistance, and deals half damage to creatures normally immune to your energy type (round down, minimum 1). E.g. Lets say your Elemental Strike normally deals 9d8 damage. You decide to use it as a Penetrating Elemental Strike. You roll for damage and get 9d8 = 42. Your Elemental Strike in effect will deal 42 x 0.8 = 33.6 damage (round down to 33), which ignores energy resistance. Against creatures normally immune to your energy type, it deals 33 / 2 = 16.5 (round down to 16) damage.

Elemental Strike Items: Like a Warlock, you may use the following items to augment your Elemental Strike.
    Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy (Magic Item Compendium): When activated, these gauntlets transform your Elemental Strike, so that it now deals energy damage of a type, as determined by the gauntlets.

Warlock's Sceptre (Magic Item Compendium) and Lesser and Greater Chasuble of Fell Power (Complete Arcane): These items increase the damage of a Warlock's eldritch blast, and can likewise be applied to your Elemental Strike. Normally these items improve a warlock's damage by a number of d6 dice. However, when applied to Elemental Strike, they instead improve damage, using the same type of dice which the Elemental Strike currently uses. The size of the dice used remains the same. For example, the Greater Chasuble of Fell Power would improve Eldritch Blast by 2d6. When applied to your Elemental Strike, it improves damage by 2dX, where X is the damage dice which your Elemental Strike currently uses.

Adaptation: It is quite possible for Elemental Strike not to be an energy, but a physical effect instead. An Earth Elemental Savant could fire a sandblast effect for his cone/line, and hurl a shard of rock as his ray. Similiarly, Water Savants could hammer their foes with solid ice, or 'hard' water, and Air Savants could use blasts of razor wind. In this case, the Elemental Strike deals physical damage, which is subject to DR. It deals bludgeoning, slashing, or piercing damage (chosen each time by the user), and is magical for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Elemental Bonus to Saves (Ex): You add your Trissociate level as a bonus to saving throws against: poison, sleep effects, paralysis, and stunning. Later on, you gain immunity to these various effects.

Half-Fey Spell-Like Abilities Gained (Sp): You gain spell like abilities as you advance, following the progression above. The caster level equals your Trissociate level. The Save DCs, where applicable, are based on your highest mental ability score- Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma (10 + spell level + highest mental ability score modifier). You qualify for the following feat:

Half-Fey Physical Magic:
    Requirements: Trissociate Half-Fey Associate
    Benefit: You may use the highest modifier from any of your ability scores, including physical ability scores, to decide the Save DC, of the Spell Like Abilities gained from your Half-Fey Association. This does not affect the Spell Like Abilities gained from other sources.

Half-Fey Progressive Wings (Ex): You gain Progressive Wings as appropriate for your ancestry. Fey wings usually resemble those of a particular insect, such as colourful butterfly or translucent dragonfly wings.

Half-Fey Progressive Wings 1 (Ex): You have a pair of fully formed wings, the description of which varies depending on your Half Blood Association. You can use your wings to aid your jumping (granting a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks).

Half-Fey Progressive Wings 2 (Ex): You can now use your wings to glide. You fly 20 feet forward, for every 5 feet of descent. You glide at your base land speed with average maneuverability. You cannot glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. Your gliding allows you to negate damage from a fall from any height when you are conscious. If you becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, your wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. You descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.
    Special: If you already have Progressive Wings 2 from another association, you instead gain any bonus feat which you qualify for.

Half-Fey Progressive Wings 3 (Ex): You gain a fly speed at your base land speed with average maneuverability. You cannot fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. You can safely fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). You can double this length of flight but you are fatigued by such exertion. You are likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because you can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, you can remain aloft for extended periods, even if you only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued.
    Special: If you already have Progressive Wings 3 from another association, you instead gain any bonus feat which you qualify for.

Half-Fey Progressive Wings 4 (Ex): You now have enough stamina and prowess to fly without tiring. You can fly at your base land speed (average maneuverability) with no more exertion than walking or running.

Half-Fey Progressive Wings 5 (Ex): Your flight speed improves to twice your base land speed, and you now have good maneuverability.

Half-Fey Mind-Affecting Resistance (Ex): You add your Trissociate level, as bonus to saving throws against mind-affecting effects.

Perfect Saves: A Trissociate normally has 2 good saves and 1 weak save. However, when he chooses the Martial Sage Association, all 3 of his saves gain Good progression.

Ki Points (Su): A Martial Sage associate gains a pool of Ki points based on his Trissociate level, according to the table above. As long as he has at least 1 point in his pool, he gains an untyped +2 bonus to will saving throws. He gains his Ki points (and bonus to will saves) as a starter ability, even if he does not yet have any abilities to spend Ki on. He can recover 1/8 of his pool (rounded up) for each hour of rest he takes. Hence he can completely restore his pool by resting for 8 hours, but even if his rest is interrupted, his Ki points will be partially restored. He may use his Ki points to perform a variety of tricks as listed below. Unless otherwise stated, the use of Ki points is a supernatural ability. While wearing medium or heavy armor, or carrying a medium or heavy load may affect his Wisdom Bonus to AC, it has no effect on his Ki points, or his usage of Ki abilities (including Ki Dodge). Finally, he qualifies for the following feat:

Archaic Sage:
    Requirements: Trissociate Martial Sage Associate
    Benefits: You may use your Intelligence bonus, or your Charisma bonus instead of your Wisdom bonus (whichever of the 3 is highest), to calculate your Wisdom to AC bonus, the size of your Ki Pool, and the bonus to attack and damage for the Zen Weapon Strike Martial Sage ability (if you have selected it)

Maximum Ki Dodge (Su): Starting at Associate level 1, by focusing his mind, a Martial Sage Associate finds he has a chance to dodge even the most accurate strikes. As a free action, he may choose to activate his Ki Dodge ability, and its effects last until the start of his next turn. This effectively grants him some degree of concealment against attacks. Activating Ki Dodge may cost Ki points depending on what amount of concealment he chooses. The maximum amount of concealment he can benefit from, is indicated in the table above. He can choose to use less concealment than his maximum, in order to conserve Ki points.

Ki Dodge Concealment Ki Point Cost
    20% or less free
    25-35% 1
    40-50% 2
    55-60% 3

Because this ability relies on the Sages speed and reaction, rather than any visual distortion effects, it works even against creatures with Blindsight, Touchsight, True Seeing and other such abilities that would normally ignore visual concealment. Blindfight also does not apply, although neither does Murky-Eyed. However, True Strike still works perfectly against it.

Although the effect of Ki Dodge is different and seperate from normal (visual) concealment, it does not stack with normal concealment. If a Martial Sage Associate has both Ki Dodge and normal concealment, then only the highest miss chance applies.

Elemental Energy Resistance (Ex): You gain Energy Resistance to your chosen energy type. The amount of energy resistance is equal to your Trissociate Level x3. (E.g. 3 at level 1, 6 at level 2 and so on).

Charm Person X/day (Sp): You gain the ability to cast Charm Person as a Spell Like Ability, a number of time per day equal to your Trissociate level. Unlike other half-Fey, you cannot use this at will until Associate level 17.

Wisdom to AC (Ex): You gain the ability to add your Wisdom bonus (if any) as an untyped bonus to AC. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. You lose this bonus when you are immobilized or helpless, when you use a shield, or when you carry a medium or heavy load. This bonus to AC does not stack with that gained from the Monk, Ninja or Swordsage classes.

You may choose to have this AC bonus apply either only when you are unarmored, or when you are wearing light or no armor. If you choose for this AC to apply only when you are unarmored, you gain the Unarmored Speed Bonus and Additional Unarmored AC bonus as shown in the table above. These bonuses are untyped and stack with all other bonuses. If instead you choose this Wisdom AC bonus to apply even when you are in light armor, you do not gain either the Speed Bonus nor the Additional AC bonus.

Martial Sage Ability (Ex/Su): At the Associate levels indicated in the table above, a Martial Sage Associate can gain a special ability of his choice from among the following options, provided he meets the requirements.

Shadow Sight (Ex)
    You gain Low-Light vision and Darkvision 60 ft. If you already have Darkvision, its range improves by 60 ft.

Ki Parachute (Su)
    You can spend one Ki point as a free action to slow your fall, as if under the effect of Feather Fall. This effect lasts for 1 round per Trissociate level, or until you land, whichever occurs first. Additionally, you can share this effect with your allies, but only if you touch them. And they benefit from the effect only as long as you maintain physical contact.

Zen Weapon Strike (Ex)
    You can add your Wisdom bonus (if any) subject to a maximum cap of +2, to all your weapon attack rolls (including ranged weapons, natural weapons and unarmed strike), and to your Strength bonus for the purposes of calculating weapon damage rolls. This ability can be taken multiple times, each time increasing the cap by another +2. E.g. Lets say we have a Martial Sage Associate with 14 Strength (a bonus of +2) and 16 Wisdom (a bonus of +3). If he takes Zen Weapon Strike once, he can apply his Wisdom bonus subject to the +2 cap, as a bonus to his weapon attack rolls. He can also add this bonus to his Strength bonus for determining weapon damage, so his effective Strength bonus would be 2 Str + 2 Wis = +4. If he wields a weapon in his main hand, he adds +4 damage. If he wields a weapon in his off hand, he adds +2 damage. If he wields a weapon in two hands, he adds +6 damage. If he takes Zen Weapon Strike a second time, it raises his Wisdom bonus cap to +4, however he only has a Wisdom bonus of +3.

Lesser Senses (Ex)
    You gain Blindsense 60 ft. If you already have Blindsense, its range improves by 60 ft.

Improved Senses (Su) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 5, Lesser Senses)
    You can see Invisible and Ethereal as the See Invisibility spell.

Greater Senses (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 9, Improved Senses)
    You gain Blindsight 60 ft. If you already have Blindsight, its range improves by 60 ft.

Perfect Senses (Su) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 13, Greater Senses)
    You can spend one Ki point as a free action, to gain a True Seeing effect, that lasts for until the start of your next turn.

Ki Lesser Ghost Jump (Su)
    You can spend one Ki point as a standard action, to teleport a distance equal to (5*Trissociate Level) ft. This functions as Dimension Door, except as noted here. You must have line of sight and line of effect to your destination. You can bring along objects as long as their weight doesn't exceed your maximum load, but you may not bring along other creatures. You can continue to take actions after arriving at your destination, provided you have actions remaining.

Ki Improved Ghost Jump (Su) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 9, Ki Lesser Ghost Jump)
    This functions as Ki Lesser Ghost Jump except as noted here. You can spend 2 Ki points to teleport as a move action.

Ki Greater Ghost Jump (Su) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 17, Ki Improved Ghost Jump)
    This functions as Ki Lesser Ghost Jump except as noted here. You can spend 3 Ki points teleport as a swift action.

Ki Lesser Ghost Phase (Su)
    You can spend one Ki point as a free action, to grant all your weapons and armor the Ghost Touch property, until the start of your next turn. This lets you strike incorporeal creatures without suffering the normal miss chance.

Ki Improved Ghost Phase (Su): (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 9, Ki Lesser Ghost Phase)
    By spending 3 Ki points as a swift action, a Martial Sage can now turn Incorporeal. If he continuously reactivates this ability at the start of each turn, he is treated as being Incorporeal non-stop. E.g. if he starts his next turn in solid matter, but he reactivates this ability at the start of that turn, he is treated as never having materialized this turn, and is hence not shunted to the nearest open space.

Ki Greater Ghost Phase (Su): (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 15, Ki Improved Ghost Phase)
    This works as Ki Improved Ghost Phase, except as noted here. A Martial Sage can now turn either Incorporeal or Ethereal, choosing one or the other each time he activates this ability. Refer to here for some of the differences between Incorporeal and Ethereal.

Evasion (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 3)
    You gain Evasion as a Rogue.

Improved Evasion (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 11, Evasion)
    You gain Improved Evasion as a Rogue.

Ki Lesser Ghost Fade (Su) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 3)
    You can spend 1 Ki point as a free action, to gain an invisibility effect (as the spell), until the start of your next turn. The effect ends if you attack any creature.

Ki Improved Ghost Fade (Su) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 7, Ki Lesser Ghost Fade)
    You can spend 2 Ki points as a free action, to gain a greater invisibility effect (as the spell), until the start of your next turn. You can attack creatures and still remain invisible.

Disease Immunity (Ex): (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 5)
    You gain immunity to all diseases.

Poison Immunity (Ex): (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 5)
    You gain immunity to all poisons.

Timeless Body (Ex): (Requires: Disease Immunity and Poison Immunity. It is permissible if these immunities come from other Associations. They need not necessarily be bought as Sage Abilities. But they must be from Associations and not race, templates, or other classes.)
    You gain Timeless Body as a Monk.

Lesser Diamond Soul (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 5)
    You gain Spell Resistance equal to your Trissociate level + 3. Unlike normal Spell Resistance, you may lower it to receive beneficial spells as a free action. You may similiarly raise your lowered Spell Resistance again as a free action. You may choose to lower and raise your Spell Resistance, even if it is not your turn. This allows you to benefit from helpful spells with minimal consequences.

Improved Diamond Soul (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 9, Lesser Diamond Soul)
    This functions as Lesser Diamond Soul, except as noted here. Your Spell Resistance improves to Trissociate level + 7.

Greater Diamond Soul (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 13, Improved Diamond Soul)
    This functions as Lesser Diamond Soul, except as noted here. Your Spell Resistance improves to Trissociate level + 11.

Perfect Diamond Soul (Ex) (Requires: Martial Sage Associate Level 17, Greater Diamond Soul)
    This functions as Lesser Diamond Soul, except as noted here. Your Spell Resistance improves to Trissociate level + 15.

No need for Food or Water (Ex): You no longer physically require food or water. But you can still consume it if you want to (e.g. to drink potions).

Fey Ability Score Boost (Ex): Select one particular ability score, from: Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma (but not Strength or Constitution). You gain +1 to that selected score, as if gained through level advancement. Each time you gain this, you may select the same or a different ability score.

No need for Sleep (Ex): You no longer physically require sleep, although you must still rest to regain certain class features, such as spells. This also grants you immunity to sleep effects.

No need to Breath (Ex): You no longer need to breath. This also grants you immunity to suffocation effects.

Elemental Energy Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to your chosen energy type. This replaces your Energy Resistance.

Elemental-Savant Poison Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to all poisons.
    Special: If you already have Poison Immunity as an extraordinary ability from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain an additional 1 hit point per hit dice. Or you gain +2 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain +2 to all Reflex saves. Or you gain +2 to all Will saves.

Elemental-Savant Paralysis Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to paralysis.
    Special: If you already have Paralysis Immunity as an extraordinary ability from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain an additional 2 hit point per hit dice. Or you gain +4 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain +4 to all Reflex saves. Or you gain +4 to all Will saves.

Elemental-Savant Stunning Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to stunning.
    Special: If you already have Stunning Immunity as an extraordinary ability from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain an additional 2 hit point per hit dice. Or you gain +4 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain +4 to all Reflex saves. Or you gain +4 to all Will saves.

Elemental Transformation (Ex): Your ascension is complete. Your type changes to Elemental, and you gain the same subtype as your chosen element. However, unlike normal elementals, you can be restored to life by raise dead, reincarnate, resurrection, and similiar effects.

Fey Type (Ex): Your type changes to Fey.

Half-Fey Mind-Affecting Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to mind-affecting effects.
    Special: If you already have Mind-Affecting Immunity as an extraordinary ability from another Association (but not race, templates or other classes), you may instead choose one of the following benefits: You gain an additional 2 hit point per hit dice. Or you gain +4 to all Fortitude saves. Or you gain +4 to all Reflex saves. Or you gain +4 to all Will saves.

Primary Automatic Mastery Talents
    Boost Elemental Strike: As a free action, you can spend Mastery points to increase the damage dealt by your Elemental Strike, and its reflex save DC (if it is a cone or line). When you use your Elemental Strike, you can spend 1 Mastery point, to add a number of dice equal to your Trissociate Bonus, to the Elemental Strike damage. The dice type (i.e. d4, d6, d8, d10) is the same dice type that your Elemental Strike currently uses. At the same time, you also add your Trissociate Bonus to the reflex save DC (if it is a cone or line). This can only be applied once to each use of your Elemental Strike. When used with Elemental Strike options that reduce damage (e.g. Penetrating Elemental Strike feat deals 80% damage), add the Boost Elemental Strike bonus to the total damage first, before applying the reduction. This is a supernatural ability.

Secondary Automatic Mastery Talents (available from Trissociate level 2 onwards)
    Recover Spell Like Ability (Half-Fey): You may recover an expended spell like ability as if you did not cast it. This is a supernatural ability. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending Mastery points equal to the level of the spell, which the spell like ability duplicates, you may recover 1 use of that spell like ability. Level 0 spells cost no Mastery points to restore in this manner.

You can only use this to recover spell like abilities gained from the specified Trissociate Association. It cannot be applied to spell like abilities gained from other classes or Associations (although they may have their own equivalent of this talent). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. By spending Mastery points equal to double the level of the spell, which the spell like ability duplicates, you may recover that spell like ability as a free action, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. Level 0 spells cost 1 Mastery point to restore in this manner.

Recover Ki: You can add Ki points back to your pool, although you may not exceed your normal maximum pool size. While in Mastery Meditation, you can spend 1 Mastery point to gain a number of Ki points equal to half your Trissociate Level (round down, minimum 1). You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. As a free action, you can spend 1 Mastery point to recover a number of Ki points equal to one quarter of your Trissociate Level (round down, minimum 1), even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. This is a supernatural ability.

Last edited by Adam1949; 2014-06-13 at 04:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Still missing the Bellator, actually.
    Ah, so I am.

On a related note, somebody needs to update the first post of the Mythos Discussion Thread.
    Would it be a good initiative to encourage homebrewers to make associations alongside their base classes?
    Well there are pros and cons:

Pros:
    *It means that you can easily mix your homebrew base class with other classes (or half-bloods) without explicit PrC support. (And make bizarre things like Sailor Cthulhu the Magic Girl/Ozodrin)
    *And of course with more customizability, more people are likely to use your work (I think).

Cons:
    *You have to (or at least you should) read through most of the Trissociate system, to get grasp of the approximate mechanical power. Thats ALOT to read.
    *I am running out of space on the front page. (On hindsight, I should have reserved the first 30 posts.) Very likely, only the most popular homebrew (Ozodrin, Mythos, Tome of Radiance, Gramarie) will get a listing there, and the rest will just have links.
    *Also, at some point, I may go on hiatus from these forums and not include new stuff into the compiler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wai, why are there only *7* Cirnos?

(Mental focus: Elemental-Savant, Half-Fey, Martial Sage)
    Weren't you were going to make the last component Sublime (for Crytal Silver)?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

I suck at writing in general.

I request theseGolden Alchemist
    Possibly Truenaming itself can be an Association, no modifications needed, given it's brokenness.
    Warlock
    Factotum
    Warmage

16. - Top - End - #166

You have to (or at least you should) read through most of the Trissociate system, to get grasp of the approximate mechanical power. Thats ALOT to read.
    In an ideal world, everyone will be familiar with the Trissociate system
    This is a reality I would like to encourage.

I am running out of space on the front page.
    Once there is considerably more content, I suggest a new thread with reserved posts galore. Pages of them, possibly.

I also suggest putting things in spoilers, because the wall is more daunting than it needs to be right now.

17. - Top - End - #167

I suck at writing in general.

I request theseGolden Alchemist
    Possibly Truenaming itself can be an Association, no modifications needed, given it's brokenness.
    Warlock
    Factotum
    Warmage
    Warlock can already be done, with the Invocation association. I agree though that Factotum and the Warmage-clones deserve one of their own.

Well there are pros and cons:

Pros:
    *It means that you can easily mix your homebrew base class with other classes (or half-bloods) without explicit PrC support. (And make bizarre things like Sailor Cthulhu the Magic Girl/Ozodrin)
    *And of course with more customizability, more people are likely to use your work (I think).

Cons:
    *You have to (or at least you should) read through most of the Trissociate system, to get grasp of the approximate mechanical power. Thats ALOT to read.
    *I am running out of space on the front page. (On hindsight, I should have reserved the first 30 posts.) Very likely, only the most popular homebrew (Ozodrin, Mythos, Tome of Radiance, Gramarie) will get a listing there, and the rest will just have links.
    Yes, it's a lot, but at the same time it's so, so worth it!
    *Also, at some point, I may go on hiatus from these forums and not include new stuff into the compiler.
    Oh no You need to give someone a way to update it when/if you leave!

Wai, why are there only *7* Cirnos?
    It's the picture I found, of course!
    Weren't you were going to make the last component Sublime (for Crystalized Silver)?
    Eh, it can work either way. Martial Sage is good for the dodgy-ness of Touhou, while Sublime would be good for showcasing their spellcards, so to speak.
    Last edited by Adam1949; 2014-04-30 at 11:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Truenaming itself can be an Association, no modifications needed, given it's brokenness.
    I was pondering whether to do the default Truenaming, or to use one of the fixes (Kellus was recommended).

Factotum
    Warmage
    I agree though that Factotum and the Warmage-clones deserve one of their own.
    I will think about how to incorporate the fixed-list casters and factotum then. Fixed List Casters will probably get the same all spells known, and 2 spell slots per day for each level (since their spells aren't nearly as strong), and a few other assorted class features.

In an ideal world, everyone will be familiar with the Trissociate system
    This is a reality I would like to encourage.
    Yes, it's a lot, but at the same time it's so, so worth it!
    It is heartening that you guys think that way. All you have to do now is go convince the others (and especially the originators of the other major homebrews).

I also suggest putting things in spoilers, because the wall is more daunting than it needs to be right now.
    OK, does it look better now?

Oh no You need to give someone a way to update it when/if you leave!
    The source code for the compiler is already in the first post (check in the spoiler immediately under the EZ-Trissociate section). So if anyone wants to, they can take that, modify it, and add their own stuff to it. Although they would need to be able to program in Java.

Warlock
    Warlock can already be done, with the Invocation association.
    My original intent was for Elemental Savant (and now Worm that Walks) to substitute for Eldritch Blast, although I suppose that doesn't quite have the same flavor.

Pondering the matter, I can think of 2 ways to go with an Eldritch Blast Association:

1) Scaling 1d6 to 10d6, and you gain and apply Blast Shapes and Blast Essences. The potential concern here is Eldritch Glaive, especially if you slap it on a high BAB chassis, and apply Quicken SLA. E.g. on level 12, quickened and normal glaive deals 6d6 damage per hit, 36d6 in all (and potentially more if you rule that haste applies)

2) Take Elemental Strike and Elemental Savant, and basically substitute in Eldritch Blast instead. So you get a bunch of blast shapes automatically (cone/line/ray/charge weapon), but you cannot apply any others (such as the problematic Eldritch Glaive above). You can still apply Blast Essences to change the damage type/add carrier effects.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

I was pondering whether to do the default Truenaming, or to use one of the fixes (Kellus was recommended).
    I'm generally a Kellus fan, and would recommend transcribing every base class he's made.

OK, does it look better now?
    Yeah, actually. Things are much easier to find without ctrl-F-ing.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm looking over the Tome of Radiance, and it looks like it'd be simple enough to make Associations for the three Evoker classes within, but I fear I don't really have a feel for how powerful evoking is in practical terms. Early drafts will probably be a little dodgy on that front.

Should we ask for permission before Associating other folks' classes?

21. - Top - End - #171

I'm looking over the Tome of Radiance, and it looks like it'd be simple enough to make Associations for the three Evoker classes within, but I fear I don't really have a feel for how powerful evoking is in practical terms. Early drafts will probably be a little dodgy on that front.
    It might be better to ask someone more familiar with ToR, as that could grant us another associate-maker and would be less dodgy.

It seems like the courteous thing to do, but if they don't get back to you I'd make the association anyway. I tend to see homebrew more as contributing to the pool of shared content than making guarded private works.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

It seems like the courteous thing to do, but if they don't get back to you I'd make the association anyway. I tend to see homebrew more as contributing to the pool of shared content than making guarded private works.
    Yeah, asking for permission is at least the polite thing to do. In fact, it would be best if you can get creator endorsement, then they can hopefully provide useful input.

So, running through the numbers once more, I have come to a sudden realization on a calculation error I made previously. As such, here is a proposed edit to designing your own new association.
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite the name, a Trissociate is actually made of FOUR components: 1 focus, and 3 Associations. Each component should be approximately Tier 5 on its own, having ~1/4 the power of a Tier 3 class. Keep in mind a class is not just its class features: hit points, BAB, Skills, and Saving throws also play a part. With regard to Focus, you can quickly see that Battle Focus is Fighter-lite (high BAB, high hit points, and a wider selection of bonus feats) and Skill Focus is Expert-plus (4-8 skill points per level, 2-0 bonus hit points, and Average Skill).

So the new general power level of an Association is 1/4 of Tier 3, keeping in mind hit points/BAB/saves/skill points as well.

Edit: Change log
    -Ardent has given a significant boost. Now has 2 mantles, and can learn 15 powers in all.
    -Wizard and Archivist no longer have Bonus feat or Scribe Scroll
    -Archivist now automatically gets the benefit of Academic Priest
    -Totemist and Incarnates: Reduce final Soulmelds to 2.
    -Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Warmage added
    -Mythos: Bellator added

Anybody have any opinions on Eldritch Blast I mentioned above?
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-05-02 at 07:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, over the course of putting this post together, I developed serious second thoughts about the whole thing. If it doesn't work, then we can just take it as a joke - "Hey, look, the Fighter's 1/4 of a class! Har har har!" I just wanted for something like this to exist because most of the fighter feats are really underwhelming or require lengthy chains to do anything interesting, and I figured that Battle Focus Trissociates might appreciate being able to save their Focus Features for more Trissociate stuff or to spam Battle-Hardened.

Also, as you'll see, a whole column of this table would go to waste for Battle Focus Trissociates. I'm okay with that. For a Trissociate with a Battle Focus. (On the other hand, we could also axe or replace the middle column if it dilutes the differences between the foci too much.) One possibility for improving it would be to raid the Fighter Fix Feature Compendium, as I mentioned before.

Fighter Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Fighter Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level EFL Special
    Starter 1 Battle Student
    1 2 Bonus Feat
    2 3 -
    3 4 Bonus Feat
    4 5 -
    5 6 Bonus Feat
    6 7 -
    7 8 Bonus Feat
    8 9 -
    9 10 Bonus Feat
    10 11 -
    11 12 Bonus Feat
    12 13 -
    13 14 Bonus Feat
    14 15 -
    15 16 Bonus Feat
    16 17 -
    17 18 Bonus Feat
    18 19 -
    19 20 Bonus Feat

Battle Student: You gain an effective Fighter level equal to your Trissociate level for the purposes of taking feats. This stacks with actual levels of Fighter or effective Fighter levels from other classes, if you have them. Additionally, you may gain proficiency with one type of armor or one martial weapon of your choice. If your focus already grants you proficiency with heavy armor and all martial weapons, you instead gain proficiency with one exotic weapon of your choice.

Bonus Feats: At 1st Associate level, you gain a bonus combat-oriented feat. You gain an additional bonus feat every two Associate levels thereafter (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, and 19th). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. You must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums. These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels, being a human, and so forth. You are not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing feats not granted by this feature.
    Last edited by Durazno; 2014-05-02 at 10:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

To keep it from totally trampling on Battle Category Focus, I would give it delayed Effective Fighter Level, which Battle Focus would compensate for. So something like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fighter Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Effective Fighter Level Special
    Starter 1
    1 1 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    2 1
    3 1 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    4 1
    5 2 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    6 3
    7 4 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    8 5
    9 6 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    10 7
    11 8 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    12 9
    13 10 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    14 11
    15 12 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    16 13
    17 14 Fighter-Bonus Feat
    18 15
    19 16 Fighter-Bonus Feat

Effective Fighter Level: You have an effective Fighter level according to this column, for the purpose of qualifying for feats. This stacks with actual levels of Fighter or effective Fighter levels from other classes, if you have them.
    Special: If you have a Battle Category Focus, your effective Fighter level is instead equal to your Trissociate level.

Fighter-Bonus Feat (Ex): You gain one Fighter feat which you qualify for. Additionally, you may also select Martial Weapon Proficiency and Armor Proficiency as your bonus feat, even though they are not normally Fighter feats.

Also, looking at the Factotum, the one thing that the Trissociate can't really emulate right now is Arcane Dilettante. So I made the following:
    Spoiler
    Show

Magic Dilettante Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Dilettante Points Dilettante Highest Spell Level Special
    Starter 1 0
    1 2 0
    2 3 0
    3 4 1
    4 6 1
    5 8 2
    6 10 2
    7 13 3
    8 16 3
    9 19 4
    10 23 4
    11 27 5
    12 31 5
    13 36 5
    14 41 5
    15 46 6
    16 52 6
    17 58 6
    18 64 6
    19 71 7

Magic Dilettante Spell Like Abilities (Sp): When you gain this association, select a spellcasting class that provides 0th-9th levels spells. (E.g. within Core, there is Wizard/Sorcerer, Cleric and Druid. Outside of Core, there are other classes such as Wu Jen, Shugenja etc). If your selected class has a spell list that is customizable (e.g. Clerics can select domains which adds spells), then you may also customize your selected class spell list, and it cannot be changed thereafter (e.g. if you select Cleric, you may also pick 2 domains, and this choice is permanent once made).

You may mimic spells from your selected class spell list, as spell-like abilities (SLAs). The highest level of the spell you may emulate is indicated by the 'Dilettante Highest Spell Level' column. You have a pool of Dilettante Points according to the table above. At the start of each day, choose spells from your selected class list, that you may mimic for that day. Each spell you select takes up a number of Dilettante points equal to twice its spell level. A level 0 spell takes up 1 Dilettante point. You cannot choose spells if you have insufficient Dilettante points. Nor can you choose the same spell more than once. You may prepare a new list of spells to mimic each day, and any unused SLAs from the previous day are lost.

E.g. Lets say you have 4 Dilettante points, and your highest spell level is 1. You may select 2 level 1 spells, OR 1 level 1 spell and 2 level 0 spells, OR 4 level 0 spells. Additionally, you cannot select the same spell more than once, so you could take Magic Missile and Enlarge Person. But not 2 copies of Magic Missile.

Your SLAs functions in all ways like a normal SLA (e.g. caster level equal to your Trissociate level, same casting time as the original spell, no somatic of verbal components) except as noted here: You cannot use any spell that has an XP cost. If the original spell has any costly material component, sacrifice or corruption cost for your selected spellcasting class, you must pay the same cost when casting your SLA. Non-costly material components are not required. A costly focus which is not expended by the original spell when it is cast, is also not required for your SLA. The Save DCs, where applicable, are based on your highest mental ability score- Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma (10 + spell level + highest mental ability score modifier).

Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Spell Like Ability (Magic Dilettante): You gain the Recover Spell Like Ability talent as described above.

What do you guys think? (Also, still seeking Eldritch Blast opinions)
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I like the delayed effective fighter level progression. With the changes you made there, do you think it's usable?

As for your Eldritch Blast conundrum, (2) is a workable solution, but the increasing fortification and change of creature type are kind of huge mechanical things to try and refluff. I mean, the idea of turning into an eldritch being of pure dark magic is pretty awesome, and could be noted as an adaptation option with the Savant even if you go with the other solution, but it doesn't quite work if a player just wants to be a warlock who's picked up a few martial maneuvers, you know?

I think it would be best to go with (1) and just add a note that says, "look, there are some horrible tricks you can pull with this, so I recommend not allowing your players to take Eldritch Glaive."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

I like the delayed effective fighter level progression. With the changes you made there, do you think it's usable?
    Probably. I'll see if the others have any comments, and if its alright, include it in the next update.

As for your Eldritch Blast conundrum, (2) is a workable solution, but the increasing fortification and change of creature type are kind of huge mechanical things to try and refluff. I mean, the idea of turning into an eldritch being of pure dark magic is pretty awesome, and could be noted as an adaptation option with the Savant even if you go with the other solution, but it doesn't quite work if a player just wants to be a warlock who's picked up a few martial maneuvers, you know?
    I was actually thinking of dropping the Elemental Immunities for option 2. Since Eldritch Blast packs far more offensive potential than Elemental Strike. You can swap the energy type add on some really nasty debuffs (Frightful Blast early on, Noxious Blast is pretty much save or lose, repeat every round), but its a SLA rather than an SU, so is subject to SR (but there is Vitriolic Blast for that).

I think it would be best to go with (1) and just add a note that says, "look, there are some horrible tricks you can pull with this, so I recommend not allowing your players to take Eldritch Glaive."
    Hmm... If I do that, I should probably a homebrew invocation to replace it for melee warlocks

Edit:

Changelog 4 May 2014
    -Mental BAB reduced to low (also the text had a leftover artifact on perfect armored caster which has now been removed)
    -Battle and Skill Focus final Mastery Points reduced to 20
    -Elemental Savant and Worm that Walks now have a 1 point Elemental/Vermin Strike as a starter ability. They also have feat support to combine their strike with other spells/spell like abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Elemental Strike Combination:
    Requirements: Trissociate Elemental-Savant Associate
    Benefit: By spending a full round action, you can use any standard action Elemental Strike and take any one other standard action of your choosing. However, your Elemental Strike only does half its normal damage. You can choose to use your Elemental Strike first, or to take the other standard action first, in whichever order you prefer. You can still only use Elemental Strike once per round. Spellcasters commonly use this feat to combine Elemental Strike with their spells. For example, as a full round action, you may fire your Elemental Strike ray, and cast a standard action spell, although your Elemental Strike ray only does half its normal damage.

-Added Fighter, Eldritch Blast and Magic Dilettante
    -Invocation revised to accommodate Eldritch Blast
    -Soulknife now has this talent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Reshape Mindblade Abilities: Normally a Soulknife Associate must spend 8 hours in concentration in order to reassign the weapon special abilities of his mindblade. However he can speed up the process by spending Mastery points. By spending 3 Mastery points, he can reassign +1 Enhancement Value as a free action (6 Mastery points for +2 Enhancement value, etc). E.g. Lets say that a Soulknife Associate has Mind Blade enhancement (+2 bonus equivalent ability), which he has assigned to Defending and Keen (+1 each). He can spend 3 Mastery points to change Defending to Vicious. Or he could spend 6 Mastery points to reassign both Defending and Keen to Wounding (+2 in all).

-Ozodrin now has this talent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Form Reshape: By spending Mastery Points, you can accelerate the process of reassigning Ozodrin Form points. As a free action, for each Mastery point you spend, you can reassign 2 Form points.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-05-04 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowcaster Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Shadowcaster Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Sc0 Sc1 Sc2 Sc3 Sc4 Sc5 Sc6 Sc7 Sc8 Sc9 Special
    Starter 1 - - - - - - - - - Fundamental of shadow, apprentice mysteries
    1 2 - - - - - - - - -
    2 3 - - - - - - - - -
    3 3 1 - - - - - - - -
    4 3 1 - - - - - - - -
    5 3 1 1 - - - - - - -
    6 3 1 1 - - - - - - -
    7 3 1 1 1 - - - - - - Sustaining shadow (eat 1 meal/week)
    8 3 1 1 1 - - - - - -
    9 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - - Apprentice mysteries (spell-like), initiate mysteries
    10 3 1 1 1 1 - - - - -
    11 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - -
    12 3 1 1 1 1 1 - - - - Sustaining shadow (sleep 1 hour/day)
    13 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - -
    14 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - -
    15 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - - Apprentice mysteries (supernatural), initiate mysteries (spell-like), master mysteries
    16 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - -
    17 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 - Sustaining shadow (immune to poison/disease)
    18 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
    19 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Shadowcaster Skills: Add Spellcraft to your Trissociate class skill list.

Fundamental of Shadow (Su): You gain a single Intelligence-based fundamental as a Shadowcaster. Your daily uses of your fundamental are listed on the table above (Sc0).

Mysteries and Paths: You gain Intelligence-based mysteries as a Shadowcaster. Your daily mystery uses for each level follow the table above (Sc1-Sc9). Your Caster level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your mysteries advance in form as a shadowcaster's, as listed in the table above. When you acquire access to a new mystery level, you gain a single mystery known of that level. Your mystery access and mystery DCs are based on your Intelligence score. However, unlike a normal Shadowcaster, you gain bonus uses of your mysteries known based on your Intelligence score.

Sustaining Shadow (Ex): You acquire the Sustaining Shadow class feature as a Shadowcaster, advancing as listed in the table above.

Recover Mystery (Shadowcaster): You gain the Recover Mystery Ability talent. This functions identically to the Recover Spell-Like Ability as described above, except it functions for all known mysteries regardless of if they are cast as arcane spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities.

Qazzquimby brought this thread to my attention, and I have to admit it is really good. I love it. Now, fulfilling why it was brought to my attention, and doing something I would have done had I noticed it on my own, I am bringing shadow magic to the table.
    The picture, found in the tome of magic, just felt appropriate.

Now, someone just needs to provide a truenamer association (that must work much better than the truenamer class), then a complete ToM Trissociate would be possible.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2014-05-05 at 03:56 AM.
    Extended Signature

Guide to becoming a demon in Pathfinder

Special thanks to Gurgleflep for creating my Avatar

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Qazzquimby brought this thread to my attention, and I have to admit it is really good. I love it.
    Thank you.

Now, fulfilling why it was brought to my attention, and doing something I would have done had I noticed it on my own, I am bringing shadow magic to the table.
    I have added it in, and taken the liberty of replacing the immunity to poison/disease, with the you-get-another-bonus-if you-already-have-this version (and spread them out a little).

The picture, found in the tome of magic, just felt appropriate.
    And yet, it looks suspiciously like your avatar.

Change Log: 6 May 2014
    -Eldritch Blast has been significantly beefed up. Now with additional (and hopefully balanced) Blast Essences and Shapes
    -Magic Dilettante has had its final Dilettante Points increased slightly
    -Half-Dragon: Rearrange when they get what, energy immunity now comes in much earlier
    -Half-Anarchic: Fast Healing amount has been reduced
    -Shadowcaster added
    -Turn/Rebuke Undead now have insightful feat to support for Int/Wis based priests (or those who want to mimic opportunistic piety). In line with Bone Talisman, Emergency Turning now costs 2 Mastery points

Edit: Thinking about the matter, it still feels like the Caster Associations are more powerful than they should be, largely because of bonus spells/PP. Taking the Ultimate Scholar as a example, at level 20, he should be able to hit 28 Int fairly easily (Start at 17, +5 level up + 6 item). That gives him a spell outlay as follows:

Class 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Wizard 1+3 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+1 1+1 1+1 1+1
    Archivist 1+3 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+1 1+1 1+1 1+1
    Total 8 6 6 6 6 4 4 4 4

Which is A LOT of spells for what is supposed to be HALF a class.

On the Erudite side, he has something akin to 90 bonus PP, which is MORE than what the Association gives him. And on top of that he has 50 Mastery Points (and probably 5 uses of Rapid Conversion).

So I think I need to reduce the amount of bonus spells/power points. The easiest way is to apply a penalty to key ability score for the purposes of calculating bonus spells/PP. Maybe a flat penalty (e.g. -8, so a score of 28 counts as 20). And if they take an Association twice, the penalty is removed, but they only get one set of bonus slots.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-05-06 at 07:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you.
    My pleasure.

I have added it in, and taken the liberty of replacing the immunity to poison/disease, with the you-get-another-bonus-if you-already-have-this version (and spread them out a little).
    That works out quite well.

And yet, it looks suspiciously like your avatar.
    Well, Im sure you can guess which came first.

-snip-
    Edit: Thinking about the matter, it still feels like the Caster Associations are more powerful than they should be, largely because of bonus spells/PP. Taking the Ultimate Scholar as a example, at level 20, he should be able to hit 28 Int fairly easily (Start at 17, +5 level up + 6 item). That gives him a spell outlay as follows:

Class 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Wizard 1+3 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+1 1+1 1+1 1+1
    Archivist 1+3 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+2 1+1 1+1 1+1 1+1
    Total 8 6 6 6 6 4 4 4 4

Which is A LOT of spells for what is supposed to be HALF a class.

On the Erudite side, he has something akin to 90 bonus PP, which is MORE than what the Association gives him. And on top of that he has 50 Mastery Points (and probably 5 uses of Rapid Conversion).

So I think I need to reduce the amount of bonus spells/power points. The easiest way is to apply a penalty to key ability score for the purposes of calculating bonus spells/PP. Maybe a flat penalty (e.g. -8, so a score of 28 counts as 20). And if they take an Association twice, the penalty is removed, but they only get one set of bonus slots.

What do you guys think?

Well, there are a few approaches I can think of to this particular problem.

As you said, some sort of penalty regarding bonus spells/pp/ect. It does simplify things certainly but may not be the best.

Make it so you can only acquire bonus spell slots/pp/ect. for your primary association. Another simple approach that certainly could be argued for.

Make all spell casting classes go off of Spell Points instead of Spell Slots. Then, combine pools and draw only once from the highest ability score used to determine bonus pp/sp. This adds versatility within the associations themselves as well as when combining multiple. This, unfortunately, would require the most changes but I don't imagine it would be too problematic after everything is said and done.

-

In the future I may make another association or two for you, if you don't mind. Most likely I'd go for one on the list, like the truenamer just to get it done with, but for the hell of it I could just as easily go for something else to toss in, but of course it would be entirely your place to accept or ignore it. For example, a maho tsukai (which this site keeps wanting to turn into mayo tusk.)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Make it so you can only acquire bonus spell slots/pp/ect. for your primary association. Another simple approach that certainly could be argued for.
    This introduces some additional complications. Mainly, if spellcasters have some bonus for being the primary association, then what do the other associations get? And so, all the Associations would need some "Primary Perk".

Make all spell casting classes go off of Spell Points instead of Spell Slots. Then, combine pools and draw only once from the highest ability score used to determine bonus pp/sp. This adds versatility within the associations themselves as well as when combining multiple. This, unfortunately, would require the most changes but I don't imagine it would be too problematic after everything is said and done.
    How about something like this (using Wizard as an example):

Wizard Bonus Spell Slots: You gain bonus spell slots based on your Intelligence score, but instead of the normal formula, your bonus spell slots are calculated using the method described here. You have a pool of Bonus Spell Slot points based on your Intelligence bonus, following the table below:
    Intelligence Bonus Bonus Spell Slot points
    2 or lower 0
    3 1
    4 2
    5 4
    6 6
    7 9
    8 12
    9 16
    10 20

For values higher than what the table shows, use this formula: (Intelligence bonus - 1) x (Intelligence bonus - 1) divide by 4, rounded down. Whenever you refresh your spells, you can assign these Bonus Spell Slot points, to create your bonus spell slots. A bonus spell slot costs a number of Bonus Spell Slot points equal to its spell level. Level 0 spell slots take up 0.5 spell slot points. You cannot assign more than one bonus spell slot per spell level (except for level 0 spells, for which you can have two bonus spell slots at the total cost of 1 Bonus Spell Slot point). Each time you refresh your spells, previously assigned bonus spell slots are lost (whether or not they were used), and you may reassign a new set of bonus spell slots.
    Example: Lets say we have a level 6 Wizard Associate with access to level 2 spells, and Intelligence bonus of +6. According to the table above, he has 6 Bonus Spell Slot points. When he refreshes his spells he assigns these points to one level 2, one level 1, and two level 0 bonus spell slots, costing a total of: 2 + 1 + 1 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 4 Bonus Spell Slot points. However, he cannot have any more bonus spells slots than these, so the remaining 2 Bonus Spell Slot points cannot be used.

In the future I may make another association or two for you, if you don't mind. Most likely I'd go for one on the list, like the truenamer just to get it done with, but for the hell of it I could just as easily go for something else to toss in, but of course it would be entirely your place to accept or ignore it. For example, a maho tsukai (which this site keeps wanting to turn into mayo tusk.)
    Sure, go ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show