New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

Changelog: 5 Jun 2014
    -Appraise added to Trissociate Class Skill List
    -Cunning Reduction now applies to Hardness as well
    -Spellthief added
    -Boost Sneak Attack modified to accommodate Rogue and Spellthief

Here is the Current Spellthief. I am wondering whether I gave it too much:

Spellthief Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Spellthief Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Spellthief-Steal Spell Highest Spell Level Special
    Starter - Spellthief-Sneak Attack +1
    1 0th Spellthief-Spellgrace +1, Spellthief-Sneak Attack +1d6
    2 0th
    3 1st Spellthief-Steal energy resistance 5, Spellthief-Detect Magic
    4 1st
    5 2nd Spellthief-Steal energy resistance 10, Spellthief-Steal Spell Effect
    6 2nd
    7 3rd Spellthief-Spellgrace +2, Spellthief-Steal Spell-Like Ability
    8 3rd
    9 4th Spellthief-Steal energy resistance 15, Spellthief-Absorb Spell
    10 4th
    11 5th Spellthief-Steal energy resistance 20, Spellthief-Sneak Attack +2d6
    12 5th
    13 6th Spellthief-Spellgrace +3, Spellthief-Arcane Sight
    14 6th
    15 7th Spellthief-Steal energy resistance 25, Spellthief-Discover Spell
    16 7th
    17 8th Spellthief-Steal energy resistance 30, Spellthief-Steal Spell Resistance
    18 8th
    19 9th Spellthief-Spellgrace +4, Spellthief-Absorb Spell (Immediate Casting)

Spellthief Skills: Add Escape Artist, Spellcraft, Tumble and Use Magic Device to your Trissociate class skill list.

Spellthief Class Features: You gain Spellthief class features, which works just like a normal Spellthief except as noted here. Your Spellthief class features are gained according to the progression in the table above. You may use your Trissociate level to determine the strength of your Spellthief abilities. The highest level spell you can steal, is indicated in the 'Spellthief-Steal Spell Highest Spell Level' column. If you are a spontaneous caster, you can use the stolen spell power to cast any spontaneous spell that you know of the same level or lower (effectively, this gives you one free casting of a known spontaneous spell). If you are a prepared caster, you can use the stolen spell power to cast any spell in a spell slot of the same level or lower, without expending that spell slot (effectively, this gives you one free casting of a prepared spell). You may use your Intelligence bonus or Wisdom bonus, instead of your Charisma bonus (whichever is the highest), to determine your daily uses of 'Spellthief-Detect Magic' and 'Spellthief-Arcane Sight', the caster level cap for your 'Spellthief-Steal Spell Effect' ability, and the duration of your 'Spellthief-Steal Spell Resistance' ability.

Spellthief-Sneak Attack +1 (Ex): Your Spellthief Association starter ability is a single point of sneak attack damage.

Automatic Mastery Talents
    Boost Sneak Attack: As a free action, you may spend Mastery points to increase the damage dealt by a successful Sneak Attack. You activate this ability after making a successful Sneak Attack (i.e. it has hit the enemy) but before you roll for damage. This costs 1 Mastery point, and adds a number of d6 Sneak Attack dice, equal to your Trissociate bonus (E.g. a Trissociate bonus of +3 grants you an additional +3d6 of Sneak Attack damage). You may also sacrifice some or all of these additional dice, to activate abilities that require you to reduce the number of Sneak Attack dice. You can only use 'Boost Sneak Attack' once per turn, even if you have another Association besides this one that grants Sneak Attack.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-06-06 at 08:55 AM.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

What if for the spell-thief, you removed most of the abilities of the class and add them to a list called Learned Legerdemain, similar to what you did with the Cunning Class. I would probably keep the sneak attack and spell grace. You can then add different learned legerdemain for different spellcasting abilities, so you can have one that steals psionics, or another that steals chakras, or maneuvers (Things that go up to level 9), you can then add a seperate list of abilities that are divided into smaller categories such invocations, auras, shrouds, etc.

What you did is fine, infact it is great, I was just wondering why not make spell-thief customizable, so that one could be a Maneuver-thief, or Chakra-thief, etc.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    What if for the spell-thief, you removed most of the abilities of the class and add them to a list called Learned Legerdemain, similar to what you did with the Cunning Class. I would probably keep the sneak attack and spell grace. You can then add different learned legerdemain for different spellcasting abilities, so you can have one that steals psionics, or another that steals chakras, or maneuvers (Things that go up to level 9), you can then add a seperate list of abilities that are divided into smaller categories such invocations, auras, shrouds, etc.

What you did is fine, infact it is great, I was just wondering why not make spell-thief customizable, so that one could be a Maneuver-thief, or Chakra-thief, etc.
    I actually like this idea a lot, and would like to place a second vote for it. After all, the Rogue association already covers Sneak Attack (at a much better rate, as well), and the idea of someone who doesn't actually train but rather 'steals' the moves of his foes is unique enough as-is. The Mimic/Mime class from Final Fantasy, the Ur-Priest (whose fluff states that the divine power is stolen), Mega Man, and more; all have the <Ability>Thief Association.

4. - Top - End - #244

If you decide to entertain the idea of including other features or feats for the spellthief Association, I thought the following would be interesting enough:

Steal-Feat: The origion of the feat still has it but is unable to utilize it for a minute. You can only steal feats that you meet the requirements for. Thus a spellthief might steal dodge the first time, mobility the second, and spring attack the third. May try to acquire specific feats, and if he doesnt meet the requirements or the target doesnt have the feat, he gains a random feat which he meets the requirements for. If the target has no feats that the spellthief meets the requirements for, he learns so that round.

Steal-Spell: As Origional ability

Steal-Spell-like-Ability: As origional abiliity (Covers most invocations, etc)

Steal-Power: As Steal-spell but for Psionics

Steal-Maneuver: As Steal-Spell but for Martial Maneuvers

Steal-Supernatural Ability: For this ability, I would count the level the target gained divided by 2 to be the "level" to determine highest Supernatural ability to take, we may want to nerf it up a bit further... (This will cover the auras, etc)

Steal-Spell Resistance: As Origional Ability

Steal Energy Resistance: As Origional Ability

Steal Magical Effect: As Origional Ability

Steal-Skill: Rather than do Sneak Attack Damage, they take a penalty on skills equal to your sneak attack damage divided as you choose, you gain an equal temporary bonus on such skills for X rounds. The target of the sneak attack can still use their skills just at a penalty.
    Last edited by Mehangel; 2014-06-05 at 02:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

-snip-
    Hmmm... I was actually thinking that the Spellthief would be the 'baseline', with stealing Spells, SLAs and Spell Effects. Meanwhile, with different feats (Practiced Pilferer, perhaps) the 'Spell'thief would gain the ability to steal Psionics, Maneuvers, Invocations, Supernatural Abilities, and so forth, at a "1 feat per 1 additional theft" rate.

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    Hmmm... I was actually thinking that the Spellthief would be the 'baseline', with stealing Spells, SLAs and Spell Effects. Meanwhile, with different feats (Practiced Pilferer, perhaps) the 'Spell'thief would gain the ability to steal Psionics, Maneuvers, Invocations, Supernatural Abilities, and so forth, at a "1 feat per 1 additional theft" rate.
    I actually dont really care how it is incorporated really, because as a dm, I can just write it up as feats aswell. But what I like about this expansive homebrew is that it has software program support. Meaning that it isnt a pain for a dm or a player to verify how the build. It is right there in black and white... That is probably what makes this so appealing.. If there is no change made, I wouldnt be upset in the least. I was just offering suggestions to expand something already fantastic.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Changelog 6 Jun 2014
    -Spellthief: Spellcraft added to class skill list. Steal Spell clarified to allow spell energy to be used to cast own spells.

I actually like this idea a lot, and would like to place a second vote for it. After all, the Rogue association already covers Sneak Attack (at a much better rate, as well), and the idea of someone who doesn't actually train but rather 'steals' the moves of his foes is unique enough as-is. The Mimic/Mime class from Final Fantasy
    My main concern is that unless explicit limits are placed, being able to mimic enemy abilities is generally considered to be game breakingly powerful. It is part of the reason why Shapechange is so powerful. It is why the Factotum's mimic ability is limited to Ex class features (and even that is potentially broken, as a Wizard's spellcasting ability is technically Ex, even if the spells themselves are not).

the Ur-Priest (whose fluff states that the divine power is stolen)
    Aside from Divine spells (which you can get via refluffing the Cleric Association), Ur-Priest actually gets steal SLA, much like Spellthief, except without a spell level limit, and he can hold it for 24 hours. Even the descriptive text mentions the Ur-Priests favorite use of this ability: stealing Wish SLA.

Mega Man, and more; all have the <Ability>Thief Association.
    Mega Man is not really an ability thief, like the Spellthief. He's more like an Illithid Savant: he consumes his defeated enemies, and permanently gains their powers.

Steal-Power: As Steal-spell but for Psionics
    Note that for stealing psionic powers, the text of the original Spellthief mentions this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellthief
    If psionics are common in your game, you have two options. The first is to allow Spellthieves to affect both spells and psionic powers. The second is to create a new class, the psithief, that functions identically to the Spellthief except that its special abilities affect psionic powers only.
    So by RAW, the GM (in this case, you) can already allow a Spellthief to steal powers as well. Because Spells and Powers are so similiar, almost everything else works as one would expect (E.g. Steal Spell Resistance applies to Power Resistance as well).

Or, you could have a seperate specialized Psithief that only works on powers. Its up to you.

Steal-Feat: The origion of the feat still has it but is unable to utilize it for a minute. You can only steal feats that you meet the requirements for. Thus a Spellthief might steal dodge the first time, mobility the second, and spring attack the third. May try to acquire specific feats, and if he doesnt meet the requirements or the target doesnt have the feat, he gains a random feat which he meets the requirements for. If the target has no feats that the Spellthief meets the requirements for, he learns so that round.
    For some reason, Steal Feat feels incredibly overpowered to me. Because a character has far fewer feats than spells (e.g. a level 10 character without bonus feats has just 4 feats). And some feats are so incredibly important to certain melee builds.

E.g. for any sort of 2HF warrior, you can safely guess that he has Power Attack. If you can target his feats, stealing Power Attack from said warrior is going to half his damage output for the next minute (or worse, if he is using power attack multipliers like pouncing leap attack). Similiarly, if you see a guy wielding a spiked chain, you can safely guess that he is using Exotic Weapon Proficiency Spiked Chain, and steal that to leave him suddenly non-proficient with his main weapon... Steal Travel Devotion from the Swift Ambusher... Steal the 2WF tree from anybody using 2 weapons... Adaptive Style from the Swordsage ... The list goes on, because for many martial characters, you can guess quite easily what their important feats are.

Considering how hard it is for melee to have nice things, I am inclined not to let their few precious feats be stolen.

Even if you limit it to just mimicking enemy feats... well a borrowed feat would be hard to use because of inappropriate ability scores or equipment. (Also, if the feat was that useful, you would have taken the feat yourself). If you are a 2WF Feat-Thief, chances are the Warrior's copied Power Attack won't be of much use to you. Similiarly, that Exotic Weapon Proficiency Spiked chain won't be of much use without a Spiked Chain.

Steal-Supernatural Ability: For this ability, I would count the level the target gained divided by 2 to be the "level" to determine highest Supernatural ability to take, we may want to nerf it up a bit further... (This will cover the auras, etc)
    Many Supernatural Abilities don't have explicit levels. Auras do not (as well as things like Dragon's Breath). Limiting it just to Supernatural Abilities that explicitly mimic spells *should* work reasonably well. Maybe something like this:

Steal Supernatural Ability
    Edit: Discussion moved to this thread.

Steal-Skill: Rather than do Sneak Attack Damage, they take a penalty on skills equal to your sneak attack damage divided as you choose, you gain an equal temporary bonus on such skills for X rounds. The target of the sneak attack can still use their skills just at a penalty.
    I would be inclined to use a mechanic similiar Steal Spell Resistance, instead of utterly crippling the target with a penalty equal to sneak attack damage, just give a small penalty. Maybe something like these two feats:

Lesser Steal Skill
    Greater Steal Skill

Steal-Maneuver: As Steal-Spell but for Martial Maneuvers
    Steal Maneuver suffers the same problems as stealing feats: A Martial Adept typically doesn't have that many readied. A level 10 Warblade or Crusader by default has 5 Maneuvers readied. If the Spellthief takes more than 1, AND the Martial Adept cannot use it after that, it will seriously cramp his style. (Melee needs nice things, etc)

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-06-12 at 11:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

8. - Top - End - #248

You made some excellent points which I cannot refute... As for manuevers, what if the martial artist can still recover the stolen maneuver.. Yes, it might cramp their style.. but crusaders pretty much automatically get one back each round, warblade them all if a single regular attack... Swordsage, yeah it would f*** him up real good. But I agree I did not think long and hard about the suggestions given.. And again I am happy with the Spellthief Associate you have written up... Any chance on adding Knight Associate, i.e. playing a Paladin, Knight, Marshall Tri would be awesomesause...

9. - Top - End - #249

To counter increased disruption from stealing feats and maneuvers, could not stealing them just be harder, or with a shorter duration? I might misunderstand the premise, but it seems fixable.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    To counter increased disruption from stealing feats and maneuvers, could not stealing them just be harder, or with a shorter duration? I might misunderstand the premise, but it seems fixable.
    You mean like for skills, give the penalty and gain the benefit for a single round, so to perhaps keep a spellcraft or concentration low on the target, or to allow the spellthief to borrow the skills of another character to succeed on a check...

As for feats, it might be a bit more complicated than that... I mean a round is too short to really give the spellthief anything to work with... Anything greater than a turn, will be so debilitating to a fighter as to hinder it significantly... So if feats were to be included, I am beginning to think that the spell-thief wouldnt steal the feat just be able to mimic it for a number of rounds maybe 5 at max.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

As an offensive ability, steal skill right now is inconvenient, but not crippling. You impose a -2 penalty (-5 if you took both feats). The rogue who maxed tumble can still attempt to tumble, although he more likely to attract an AoO along the way. The Warblade with Moment of Perfect Mind still has a concentration score higher than his poor will save, although perhaps not as high as he used to have.

This is just as an offensive ability, steal feat also has a whole lot of utility:
    allow the spellthief to borrow the skills of another character to succeed on a check...
    Steal Feat on the other hand is crippling. Like I mentioned, take Power Attack from a warrior, and his damage output drops by half or more. Even if you limit it to just 1 round, because the Spellthief can attack every round, he can still keep the warrior from being able to power attack. Or prevent the enemy rogue from using his two weapon fighting tree.

It gets especially bad if you let him steal multiple feats/maneuvers per round, especially if the Spellthief also has other Associations that grants additional attacks (like say the 2 tentacles from Half-Farspawn). Theoretically, he could leave a Warblade of the same level with NO maneuvers left. Even if you treat these stolen maneuvers as just expended, the Warblade still has to spend his next turn to recover them... Then the Spellthief steals all of them again during his turn.

As for feats, it might be a bit more complicated than that... I mean a round is too short to really give the spellthief anything to work with... Anything greater than a turn, will be so debilitating to a fighter as to hinder it significantly... So if feats were to be included, I am beginning to think that the spell-thief wouldnt steal the feat just be able to mimic it for a number of rounds maybe 5 at max.
    Mimicking feats certainly seems like the best way to go.

As for Maneuvers, instead of stealing them outright, I think it would work best to create a series of feats to let Martial Adepts in general (including the Sublime Associations) to copy maneuvers. Basically, a Martial Artist who learns by seeing what others do. Maybe something like this:

Lesser Copy Maneuver
    Improved Copy Maneuver
    Greater Copy Maneuver
    Perfect Copy Maneuver
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-06-12 at 11:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

For feat stealing, rather than stealing a base feat and disqualifying an entire tree, specify that only a feat which is not being used as a prerequisite can be stolen, and the benefits are only granted to the feat-stealer if he has the prerequisite feats.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Or maybe a stolen feat leaves a ghost that lets them continue to qualify for the things it was a prerequisite for?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Changelog: 9 Jun 2014
    -Spellthief: Notes on Psionic adaptation added. Steal Supernatural ability, and Lesser and Improved Steal Skill feats added.
    -Knight added

Edit: Sajro has created an online version of the EZ-Trissociate program found here.

For feat stealing, rather than stealing a base feat and disqualifying an entire tree, specify that only a feat which is not being used as a prerequisite can be stolen, and the benefits are only granted to the feat-stealer if he has the prerequisite feats.
    Instead of depriving a target of his feat entirely, I am inclined to go the same route as Steal Spell Resistance/Steal Skill, and impose a penalty for using that feat. Something like this:

Steal Feat
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-06-12 at 11:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Just a quick Note that the online generator has been updated to the 20140611 version now. :)

16. - Top - End - #256

The online generator is exciting, thank you.
    Would people like my Din Chiild converted? The broken numbers were fixed and the class was smoothed out.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The online generator is going to be updated later today as soon as I have the time. :)

18. - Top - End - #258

And like that, I have a Vitalist Association! Please PEACH and such, as I'm not sure how well I did on it.

Vitalist Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Vitalist Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Vitalist Powers Known Vitalist Maximum Power Level Known Special
    Starter - - Collective, Transfer Wounds (1)
    1 1 1 Collective Healing, Medic Powers
    2 1 1
    3 2 1 Health Sense (Identify), Spirit of Many
    4 2 1
    5 3 2 Steal Health (Touch), Transfer Wounds (1d6)
    6 3 2
    7 4 3
    8 4 3
    9 5 4 Health Sense (Stabilize), Request Aid
    10 5 4 Transfer Wounds (2d6)
    11 6 5 Steal Health (Ranged)
    12 6 5
    13 7 6
    14 7 6
    15 8 7 Collective Range (Unlimited), Health Sense (Treat Poison), Transfer Wounds (3d6)
    16 8 7
    17 9 8 Steal Life
    18 9 8
    19 10 9 Collective Range (Planar), Health Sense (Treat Disease), Transfer Wounds (4d6)

Vitalist Association Progression (Based on Trissociate Level)
    Level Vitalist Power Points
    1 1
    2 2
    3 3
    4 5
    5 7
    6 9
    7 12
    8 15
    9 18
    10 22
    11 27
    12 32
    13 37
    14 43
    15 49
    16 56
    17 63
    18 70
    19 78
    20 86

Vitalist Skills: Add Psicraft and Autohypnosis to your Trissociate class skill list. (Note: If using Pathfinder, you instead add Spellcraft and Autohypnosis to you class skill list.)

Vitalist Class Features: You gain Vitalist class features, which works just like a normal Vitalist except as noted here. Your Vitalist class features are gained according to the progression in the table above. Your starter abilities are the ability to form a Collective, and the ability to transfer a single point of damage within the Collective.

Psionics: You gain Wisdom based Manifesting Powers as a Vitalist. Your Manifester level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your Power Points available follows your Trissociate level, instead of your Associate level. Hence, at Trissociate level 1, you have a power point pool, and can start taking Psionic feats (even if your Vitalist association is secondary, and you do not know any powers yet). You gain bonus Power Points based on your Wisdom score. However, you only get a quarter of the bonus Power Points, a manifester of your level would normally receive (round down, minimum 0). E.g. Lets say your Wisdom score is 20. At level 20, this gives you access to level 9 Powers. However, for the purposes of determining bonus Power Points, while a Wisdom score of 20 would normally give a manifester 50 bonus Power Points, you only receive a quarter of this amount or 12 bonus Power Points.

Your Powers known however, is still based on your Associate level, and follows the 1st table above. You do not have a method, and hence you cannot naturally select any Method Powers, although these may be acquired by other means (e.g. Expanded Knowledge Feat).

Recover Power Points: You gain the Recover Power Points talent as described above.

EDIT: Aaaaand just for fun here's an Aegis Association, as well. I'd like to point out that, despite the basis being psionic, there is almost no reason that the Aegis couldn't be magical in effect; indeed, unlike the Soulknife Association, the Aegis doesn't even gain Wild Talent! As such, I've included two feats that can be taken along with the Association.

Aegis Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Aegis Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Aegis Customization Points Special
    Starter 0 Astral Repair
    1 1 Form Astral Suit, Craftsman (+1)
    2 2
    3 3 Damage Reduction 1/-, Invigorating Suit
    4 4
    5 5 Craftsman (+2), Reconfigure (1/day)
    6 6
    7 7 Damage Reduction 2/-
    8 8
    9 9 Craftsman (+3), Reconfigure (2/day)
    10 10
    11 11 Damage Reduction 3/-
    12 12
    13 13 Craftsman (+4), Reconfigure (3/day)
    14 14
    15 15 Cannibalize Suit, Damage Reduction 4/-
    16 16
    17 17 Craftsman (+5), Reconfigure (4/day)
    18 18
    19 19 Damage Reduction 5/-, Perfect Merger

Aegis Skills: Add Autohypnosis and Use Psionic Device to your Trissociate class skill list. (Note: If using Pathfinder, replace Use Psionic Device with Use Magic Device.)

Vitalist Class Features: You gain Aegis class features, which works just like a normal Aegis except as noted here. Your Aegis class features are gained according to the progression in the table above. Your starter ability is Astral Repair, allowing you to repair 2 points of damage at-will to any item, as described in the link above. Additionally, you qualify for the following feats:

Psionic Armorsmith
    Requirements: Power Point Pool from a Trissociate Association, Reconfigure 1/day
    Benefit: You gain the Augment Suit class feature of the Aegis, with the change that you may invest 1 power point per 5 levels in the Trissociate class. Otherwise, it works exactly as described in the link.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

Mystic Armorsmith
    Requirements: Dilettante Point Pool from a Trissociate Association, Reconfigure 1/day
    Benefit: You gain the Augment Suit class feature of the Aegis, with the change that you use Dilettante Points instead of power points, and that you may invest 1 dilettante point per 5 levels in the Trissociate class. Otherwise, it works exactly as described in the link.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

Last edited by Adam1949; 2014-06-13 at 07:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

I'd like to request Kellus's Truenamer Fix Classes, as also the homebrew Wordsmith class and the conceptualist

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Incidentally, Psionic-Blooded has been redone. The changes make it easier to augment PLAs now. Take a look at it and let me know if it is understandable, and whether it is too strong or too weak.

For the Vitalist, I was having serious problems trying to backport the power list from Pathfinder to 3.5, I think I might just give up and stick with the Pathfinder list. Because Pathfinder has 0 level Powers (Talents). they should probably start off with that for levels Starter to 2, to match Spellcasters. Also, since they lose their Method, I think they probably need a few more Powers Known.

Vitalist Association Draft v2
    Spoiler
    Show

Vitalist Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Vitalist Powers Known Vitalist Maximum Power Level Known Vitalist Transfer Wound Special
    Starter - - - Vitalist-Knack (1 Talent Known), Vitalist-Collective
    1 - - - Vitalist-Knack (2 Talents Known), Vitalist-Collective Healing
    2 - - -
    3 1 1 +1d6 Vitalist-Medic Powers, Vitalist-Health Sense (Identify)
    4 2 1 +1d6
    5 3 2 +1d6 Vitalist-Steal Health (Touch), Vitalist-Spirit of Many
    6 3 2 +1d6
    7 4 3 +2d6 Vitalist-Request Aid
    8 5 3 +2d6
    9 6 4 +2d6 Vitalist-Steal Health (Ranged), Vitalist-Health Sense (Stabilize)
    10 6 4 +2d6
    11 7 5 +3d6 Vitalist-Expanded Knowledge
    12 8 5 +3d6
    13 9 6 +3d6 Vitalist-Health Sense (Treat Poison)
    14 9 6 +3d6
    15 10 7 +4d6 Vitalist-Steal Life
    16 11 7 +4d6
    17 12 8 +4d6 Vitalist-Collective Range (Unlimited), Vitalist-Health Sense (Treat Disease)
    18 13 8 +4d6
    19 14 9 +5d6 Vitalist-Collective Range (Planar)

Vitalist Association Progression (Based on Trissociate Level)
    Level Vitalist Power Points
    1 1
    2 2
    3 3
    4 5
    5 7
    6 9
    7 12
    8 15
    9 18
    10 22
    11 27
    12 32
    13 37
    14 43
    15 49
    16 56
    17 63
    18 70
    19 78
    20 86

Vitalist Skills: Add Autohypnosis, Heal, Survival and Spellcraft (Psicraft for 3.5) to your Trissociate class skill list.

Vitalist Class Features: You gain Vitalist class features, which works just like a normal Vitalist except as noted here. Your Vitalist class features are gained according to the progression in the table above.

Psionics: You gain Wisdom based Manifesting Powers as a Vitalist. Your Manifester level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your Power Points available follows your Trissociate level, instead of your Associate level. Hence, at Trissociate level 1, you have a Power Point pool, and can start taking Psionic feats. You also gain bonus Power Points based on your Wisdom score. However, you only get a quarter of the bonus Power Points, a manifester of your level would normally receive (round down, minimum 0). E.g. Lets say your Wisdom score is 20. At level 20, this gives you access to level 9 Powers. However, for the purposes of determining bonus Power Points, while a Wisdom score of 20 would normally give a manifester 50 bonus Power Points, you only receive a quarter of this amount or 12 bonus Power Points. Your Powers known however, is still based on your Associate level, and follows the 1st table above. You may only select powers from the Vitalist Power List. Like a Vitalist, when you recover your daily power points after resting, you may choose to rotate one or more powers you know for new ones which you qualify for.

Recover Vitalist Transfer Wound: As a free action which does not require Mastery Meditation, you may spend Mastery points to recover uses of your Vitalist Transfer Wound ability. You regain 1 use of Transfer Wound for each Mastery point spent. You may not exceed your normal daily maximum.

Recover Power Points: You may recover Power Points. By entering Mastery Meditation and spending however many Mastery points you wish, you may restore 2 Power Points for each Mastery point used. You may not exceed your normal Power Point maximum. You may accelerate the conversion process by spending more Mastery points. As a free action, you may instead recover 1 Power Point for each Mastery point spent, even when you are not in Mastery Meditation. This is a supernatural ability.

For Aegis, considering that the original Aegis has something like 26 Customization points by level 20, having an Association with 19 points strikes me as perhaps a bit too powerful. Also, instead of choosing a feat, I am inclined to just give them Augment Armor, and note that other stuff can be used to fuel Augment Armor

Aegis Association Draft v2
    Spoiler
    Show

Aegis Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level Aegis Customization Points Aegis Damage Reduction Aegis Reconfigure Aegis Augment Suit Special
    Starter - - - - Aegis-Astral Repair
    1 1 - - - Aegis-Form Astral Suit
    2 1 - - -
    3 2 1/- 1/day - Aegis-Craftsman (+1)
    4 2 1/- 1/day -
    5 3 1/- 1/day +1 Aegis-Invigorating Suit
    6 3 1/- 1/day +1
    7 4 2/- 2/day +1 Aegis-Craftsman (+2)
    8 4 2/- 2/day +1
    9 5 2/- 2/day +2 Aegis-Cannibalize Suit 1/day
    10 5 2/- 2/day +2
    11 6 3/- 3/day +2 Aegis-Craftsman (+3)
    12 6 3/- 3/day +2
    13 7 3/- 3/day +3 Aegis-Cannibalize Suit 2/day
    14 7 3/- 3/day +3
    15 8 4/- 4/day +3 Aegis-Craftsman (+4)
    16 8 4/- 4/day +3
    17 9 4/- 4/day +4 Aegis-Cannibalize Suit 3/day
    18 9 4/- 4/day +4
    19 10 5/- 5/day +4 Aegis-Craftsman (+5), Aegis-Perfect Merger

Aegis Skills: Add Acrobatics (Balance and Tumble for 3.5), Autohypnosis, Spellcraft (Psicraft for 3.5) and Use Magic Device (Use Psionic Device for 3.5) to your Trissociate class skill list.

Aegis Class Features: You gain Aegis class features, which works just like a normal Aegis except as noted here. Your Aegis class features are gained according to the progression in the table above. You may use your Wisdom bonus or your Charisma bonus, in place of your Intelligence bonus (whichever of the 3 is highest) to determine the number of Customization Points you can reassign with your Reconfigure ability, and the duration of your Augment Suit.
    Special: Because a Trissociate has a wide variety of class features, your may fuel your Augment Suit class feature with things besides Power Points. You may still use Power Points as per normal (if you have them). But you may also substitute other things for Power Points. Options include:
    *Spell Slots: You may sacrifice your Spell Slots to fuel Augment Suit, regardless of whether you are a prepared or spontaneous caster. Each Spell Slot provides Power Points equal to twice its spell slot level (so you may spend a level 1 Spell Slot in place of 2 Power Points). Level 0 Spell Slots provide no Power Points.
    *Spell-Like Ability: You may sacrifice a Spell-Like Ability to fuel Augment Suit, provided that Spell-Like Ability has limited uses per day (so you cannot use Invocations for this). Each Spell-Like Ability provides Power Points equal to twice its effective spell level (so you may spend a level 1 Spell-Like Ability in place of 2 Power Points). Level 0 Spell-Like Abilities provide no Power Points.
    *Psi-Like Points: You may spend 1 Psi-Like Point in place of 1 Power Point.
    *Sublime Points: You may spend 6 Sublime Points in place of 1 Power Point.
    *Mastery Points: You may spent 1 Mastery point in place of 1 Power Point.

Additionally you may use more than one power source at once, to fuel Augment Suit. For example, lets say you want to use Augment Suit to give +4 temporary Customization Points. This normally costs 4 Power Points. You could instead spend 2 level 1 Spell Slots. Or you could instead spend a level 1 Spell-Like Ability and 2 Power Points. Or you could spend 18 Sublime Points and 1 Mastery point. Or any other combination you choose, which adds up to 4 Power Points.

Rapid Reshape Astral Suit: Normally a Aegis Associate must spend 8 hours in concentration in order to reassign the Customization Points of his Astral Suit. However he can speed up the process by spending Mastery points. By spending 3 Mastery points, he can reassign 1 Customization Point as a free action (6 Mastery points for 2 Customization Points, etc).

Feel free to comment on them.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-06-16 at 12:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Well, I definitely like those better than my own! Thanks for improving on them, they're great!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Some thematically cool combos I discovered.

Stalker | Rouge, Eldritch Blast, Half-Fiend(Molydeus)

Hunter | Ranger, Barbarian, Animal Companion

Toughness | Barbarian, Binder, Half Anarchic

Mental | Wizard, Wild Shape, Evolutionist

Also the Skirmisher Trissociation seems inferior to hunter in every way.
    Last edited by spikeof2010; 2014-06-20 at 02:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

The Skirmisher is a way to get a Skill-based High-BAB class. Like an improved version of the Factotum, really.

24. - Top - End - #264

Well if you are going to include pathfinder classes, I think that the following would make good additions for Association:

Alchemist - Maybe remove its spellcasting abilities to allow the class to keep some of both its remaining abilities. (Thus Alchemist = Alchemist + Wizard/Sorcerer/Magic Dilitantte/Artificer)

Gunslinger - Looks like it might be doable with its various different abilities.

Witch - If you remove its spellcasting abilty, it can simply be hex every other level with improved and greater hex. (Thus Witch = Witch + Wizard/Sorcerer/Druid/Spirit Shaman/etc + Animal Companion if you want a familiar)

Summoner - might be doable if you disclude its spellcasting ability and keep only the abilities associated with the Eidolon. The summon monster abilities I-IX could be from Spell-blooded and its spellcasting abilities either from "Magic Dilitantte: Summoner" or else from another spellcasting class such as Wizard or Druid. (Thus Summoner = Summoner + Spell-blooded + Wizard/Druid/Sorcerer/Magic Dilitantte)

Alot of the other classes i saw either were completely made up of thers such as Samurai = Knight + Animal Companion or else had so many abilities that to make them simply 1/4th their power would be complicated or troublesome.
    Last edited by Mehangel; 2014-06-20 at 06:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    Also the Skirmisher Trissociation seems inferior to hunter in every way.
    Whoops! That would be my bad. Skirmisher is supposed to have high BAB, but when listing Focus options, the EZ-Trissociate was displaying the Skirmisher's BAB as medium (although the generated file still correctly shows high BAB).

I have updated the compiler to fix that. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Just throwing it out there... A human trissociate who takes Wild shape as his primary association, and gets alertness and endurance as his feats, can qualify for Master of Many Forms as of level two. (Human Trissociate 1/Master of Many Forms X). Might want to delay that a bit. Or just use the shapeshift variant from PHBII.

27. - Top - End - #267

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    Just throwing it out there... A human trissociate who takes Wild shape as his primary association, and gets alertness and endurance as his feats, can qualify for Master of Many Forms as of level two. (Human Trissociate 1/Master of Many Forms X). Might want to delay that a bit. Or just use the shapeshift variant from PHBII.
    I'd make more sense to bake in a qualifier to the Wild shape association that level 5 if required to be able to use it towards that PRC or any other PRC that Requires Wild Shaping.

28. - Top - End - #268

I think that a couple of things that is important to remember is that

1) alot of Dungeon Masters will not allow a player to take a prestige class before 5th level, even if they meet the prerequisites early.

2) You still must meet the HD requirement for the shapes assumed. So a 1 Trissociate/1 MoMF is pretty much just changing his race, I mean I looked over the list of all possible humanoids and it totaled just under 40 different choices... At 1 Trissociate/2 MoMF qualifying for Giants, looking at the list there are no giants listed with less then 4 hitdice...

3) By sacrificing your Trissociate levels and maxing out on Master of Many forms, you also miss out on alot of different abilities... Now I am not saying that someone who uses the 1 Trissociate/X Master of Many forms isnt going to gain power at an exponential rate after level 5, but that at level 1 or 2 Master of Many Forms, it isnt likely to be a complete game breaker.

4) The Trissociate class was made so that you never had to multiclass. Now in the campaign I am running with the Trissociate, you may take prestige classes, but only after level 5. Because lets face it, a Trissociate can quallify for Mystic Theurge or any of its variants by level 4 without the use of feats.

Rather then change the wildshape ability of the Trissociate, I would think that perhaps a note should be placed suggesting that prestige classes should probably have a ECL requirement when using the Trissociate.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

A tag saying ECL 5 requirement for prestige classes will solve a lot of the problems, but strikes me as messy.

But, while it might not be a great choice at level 2, the early access to some of the later features is a cause for concern. For example, level 12 is the earliest as stands for dragon forms, but with this, you can do it at level 11.

As an alternative, maybe meld in some of the master of many forms, and call it this-isn't-really-wildshape-but-it-works-exactly-like-it.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    I'd make more sense to bake in a qualifier to the Wild shape association that level 5 if required to be able to use it towards that PRC or any other PRC that Requires Wild Shaping.
    Rather then change the wildshape ability of the Trissociate, I would think that perhaps a note should be placed suggesting that prestige classes should probably have a ECL requirement when using the Trissociate.
    That does seem like the most straightforward way to fix this. Added.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    this-isn't-really-wildshape-but-it-works-exactly-like-it
    That somewhat complicates matters significantly. Keeping it as simple Wild Shape, but limiting early PrC access, lets characters still use Wild Shape related feats and items.

Because lets face it, a Trissociate can quallify for Mystic Theurge or any of its variants by level 4 without the use of feats.
    While true, keep in mind that Mystic Theurge would advance Associate spellcasting, rather than full blown wizard/archivist casting. So even if you qualify for MT, it still makes sense to stick with Trissociate levels that come with other class features.
    Spoiler
    Show