New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] LORD MAGTOK'S BOOT CAMP FOR WANNABE SUPERVILLAINS

CD notices Pat when Magtok points at her. CD somewhat appreciates the view, but doesn't really linger very much. He somewhat leans towards the ball of lightning, whispering to it.

"Uh, should we mention the fire out there, or..."

"Just shut up and keep walking. Hopefully nothing bad will happen, and if something bad does happen, we'll just go from there."

CD shrugs his shoulders, and follows everyone else.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

RO

Salixtra will try to be in the line as far from Sgt Stinky as she can manage. She's also grinding her teeth at hearing that CD has no money. How can the lawyers soak him if he has no money?!

Speaking of soaking, electronic warfare against the Boot Camp's finances continues to be waged.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

[Tour]

Devi snickers loudly when Magtok says "among other things". The thermomage will follow the cyborg and ant-lady out of the door. Her attention is drawn to the fire immediately, though she doesn't say anything about it. The crazy scientist just... appreciates the wreckage.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

And the wreckage is indeed glorious. If she can see what used to be the Land Rover, all that can be seen is what looks like it once was a Land Rover, before it was run through with a motorcycle, which then proceeded to warp into an almost indescribable shape and simultaneously melt and cut through the metal it was suddenly surrounded by.

Also the entire thing is on fire, pretty much.

Also CD is trying his best to ignore it.

Also, for reasons that should be apparent to everyone, there is various wreckage that is strewn about the street, and some imbedded into the nearby wall.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2012-03-07 at 09:17 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Registration Office
    "Yes, well not being fun comes with the whole "vampire-zombie" thing, sir.":T
    Alan then fell in line with the rest of the cadets, trying to get in line as close to Salixtra as possible. He noticed that she doesn't like him so he decided to make her feel uncomfortable.
    If anyone really cares, they might notice that the stench isn't really coming from his clothes at all. Well, it is a little, but the bulk of the smell is coming from Alan himself.
    And Alan is already thinking Magtok may not really have the villain gusto he was looking for in this boot camp as he seemed to be going for a show rather then evilness, in his opinion.
    Though this opinion is from Magtok not shooting him. A real villain, in his opinion, would have done it.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #66

Tour

Doc called it. Metal man pulls back.

He'll stick a card in where he stops and stick the book under his arm. He'll follow along in line. For now, he'll settle for eavesdropping. People always forget the ones who can't talk. Judging by what he's seen of these jokers so far, he definitely thinks he's the smart one here. At least these chicks are all good looking.

But, hey! Fire, that's interesting.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #67

[tour]

'Ashradosvoriss' attempts to get in line as far away from Salixtra as possible, not out of any dislike for her, of course, he just notices that the zombie soldier seems to be trying to stay close to her. A pity Magtok didn't shoot that one, although he could certainly understand why. He fully suspected that the book Magtok had given them had quite a bit to say on when it was appropriate to shoot the minions.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tour]

Starfish files in. She makes sure to close her bubble-helmet again, partially to deter further punches, and partially to block out the stink. Really villains don't stink up a storm like that. Real hobos do, maybe, but not villains. Villains have style. It's what separates villains from plain old jerks.

Of course, Starfish has always been all about the style.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Phity-Plat sees Sarge try to get next to Salixtra and decides to intervene. For his own selfish reasons of course.

With a charming smile, he tries to set an arm across her shoulders and pull her away a bit, placing himself between Sarge and her. "So, boyfriend? Good for him. Too bad you two are a good ways apart." He says, sounding perfectly sincere. "I doubt a place like this is going to let him visit either."

Pat walks ahead of the group, but outside, she turns around. "Many of you probably take "biotech expert" to mean a shut-in bookworm who just tinkers with things. For the most part, you're probably right." She explains, looking each recruit in the eyes. "But then you'd be just as stupid as I suspect you all are." She tells them before setting aside her clipboard to pick up a stray axle from one of the destroyed vehicles. Slowly, to make sure they're all watching, she grips the piece of metal in the middle and pulls apart as she gives it a twist. There's a horrible screeching sound as she rips the steel bar in half with only minor effort and tosses the pieces aside.

"Try anything stupid with me, and the next thing I rip in half is you. And that'll be the nice way to take care of it."
    Pat tells them with all seriousness.

Even though she isn't smiling, she's all giddy inside and excited at being able to play a "tough girl" around Magtok. It's all she can do to keep from giggling.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Tour

Ordinarily, Salixtra would have rebuffed such a blatant advance, but since Phity-Plat is keeping Sgt Stinky away from her, she accepts it graciously. She even wiggles her shoulders a little to make herself comfortable with his arm around her and gives him a dazzling smile - the kind of smile that she knows tends to make the boys a little giddy.

Of course, she still doesn't want to encourage him too much, so she makes sure the message is nicely mixed by gushing about her boyfriend. "Oh, yes, he's wonderful! Really smart, and super good-looking. I'm going to miss him so much!"

And then Pat gives her demonstration, and Salixtra drops the flirting for a moment.

"Excuse me, ma'am, is your strength from magic, or from advanced biomechanical engineering?"
    she asks.

All this time, she's trying to show no reaction to her BRAND NEW LAND ROVER being in flames, along with her luggage and gear . Hell, she doesn't even have a change of clothes now! But as Magtok said, she couldn't show any vulnerabilities around this crowd, especially on the first day. So she just gives the fiery wreck a cursory once over, as if it's a curious zoo exhibit rather than her own property, and doesn't show her feelings. Especially the deep sense of sadness at realizing that her very first death ray prototype, that she had kept for sentimental reasons, is now gone forever.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-08 at 04:15 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tour

Fallowing in line behind Dr. Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet, Berserker pays little mind to the wreckage though she does watch Pat's demonstration.

About this time She finds she needs to ask "You haven't quite forgotten about me, now have you, Harry?" seems she noticed Doc looking at the other girls and isn't happy about that. Sure it might have looked like she pushed away form his advancement, but that was just keeping the timeline stable, she is interested in him apparently.

((Today is the first time they meet for her as well, she is just the really jealous type.))
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

12. - Top - End - #72

Tour

Doctor Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet is actually quite surprised by Pat's show of strength. Thankfully his surprised eyes are hidden by his sunglasses, letting everyone think he's just scowling.

He does turn his head suddenly when he's called Harry. That was a first. And she's jealous. Weird considering he's only hit on her once, but luckily he has a card to give her for this situation.

Dr. Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet

The capricious wind
    Floats from flower to flower,
    But will stay if asked.
    Ooh. A haiku! Seems he'll stick with the Causality Lady, as he's come to know her, for a while if she likes.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-08 at 08:45 PM.

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

[Tour]

"Ooh, super ant strength. Neat-o."

Even though an ant, even a giant one, wouldn't be able to do that. Devi is impressed by Pat's display of power... but not really intimidated. She's too silly to be intimidated!

The thermomage graciously doesn't answer Salixtra's question for the ant-lady. And, well, she doesn't know too much about Pat, never having gone into her biolabs in the Magcave, and is also curious as to exactly what she does. How her biotech works, how she applies it, and how her bodies and ants work. Devi would kill for a chance to dissect Pat... Er, not literally. Maybe. <.<

But those are questions for another time! For now, Devi just stands around.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tour

A haiku? Mood swings activate. "Oh, harry!" she would hug him, picking him up in the process and twirling around if allowed, the hug may be a bit too tight "Please stay with me, there is so much that will happen." She may have heard stories about someone she meet at the Boot Camp, whether or not it was the Doc. . . who knows, she doesn't.

15. - Top - End - #75

Tour

"Hold up."

Magtok abruptly comes to a halt, holding out his shiny chrome hand to one side, in the hopes of 'accidentally' slapping Ozzy right in the face if the dragon fails to stop in time to avoid the smack.

"...Oh, nevermind. Thought I saw a helicopter."

He continues along, though at a terribly slow pace so that Pat doesn't fall behind because of her nifty little demonstration. Meanwhile, the Magbot from the Registration Office scurries over to CD, carrying a pair of papers with it. One is the usual registration paper, and the other is a Student Loan Request Form, which involves an agreement with an infernal financial firm that will happily accept souls, firstborn children, and one's hand in unholy matrimony as collateral.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #76

Tour
    Alan doesn't look particularly scared of the ant-woman's strength.
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

"Nothing advanced about it."
    Pat tells Salixtra before frowning at the burning wreckage. In order to stop everyone from being distracted by the smoke, she lifts one of her wrists and lets out a stream of highly concentrated acids over the vehicles, melting it before the eyes of the students before she turns her back to them and catches up to Magtok, falling into step behind him.

Salixtra won't see it, but her dazzling smile makes him frown after a moment and he takes his arm off her shoulder, as if he's lost interest in her for now and just walks along with his hands in his pockets. He takes a step or two to the side to allow Sarge to get closer to Salixtra again if he wants to. Looks like her message went over either too well or too poorly.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tour]

Ozzy just backs his head up slightly, and the hand will wave millimeters in front of his nose. Those watching will notice that his grin simply widens, unlikely as that seems, and he just keeps walking behind Magtok. Pat will get an approving nod. apparently, Ozzy thinks Pat chose a good man. Or he's ogling her. Really, that's up to interpretation.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

19. - Top - End - #79

Tour

Y'know its a lucky thing Ape Escape monkeys are cute and little. A full grown male chimp might be too heavy to do this with.

Danger! Danger! She's got a hold of him! She didn't like the haiku and she's trying to kill- Oh wait, she's just being lovey-dovey. The initial shock of being picked up surprised the Doc enough to change the light on his helmet to red, but it changes back to blue as he realizes she's only hugging him. Now the worst he's feeling is a minor annoyance at being called "Harry." He hopes only she takes that up and it doesn't catch on.

He will attempt to hug her with the arm with the uzi, though. He did say he'd stay if asked. (and it will likely expedite his release)

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Tour

Nothing advanced about it? Salixtra watches in eager interest and admiration as Pat puts out the fire, the little voice inside screaming "That was my car!" going unacknowledged for now. This was far more important. Even Phity-Plat's unexpected defection, indicating that she needed to upgrade her bait if she wanted to keep him dangling, was mentally pushed aside.

"I want to sign up for every class you teach," Salixtra says to Pat.

Pat has acquired one (1) fangirl.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-09 at 09:27 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tour]

Starfish just whistles appraisingly at Pat's various displays before the ant-woman turns her attention back to Magtok. Girl's got some impressive skills, there.

Of course, she continues to keep quiet, silently observing everyone. A lot of weird people here, and a few of them seem to be trying to get into each other's pants already. Oh well, if they want to distract themselves...

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Pat is dousing the wreckage with acids one might be able to see a woman on a dirt-bike about three miles from the facility, if one could see detail at that distance they would see that her eyes were focused on the destruction. If one could read minds at that distance they would hear 'I am so going to cause that' before the woman and dirt-bike vanish.

Tour

((It's a good thing we knew about Ape Escape chimp size.))

Berserker either doesn't notice or doesn't care about the lights change of color, when Doc hugs her back she will set him down not saying a word and will follow behind the others to the next point of interest on the tour.

23. - Top - End - #83

Tour
    Alan still doesn't really...care. Or at least he seems to not care about the fact that she just dissolved the remains of Salixtra's vehicle.
    As for the opening that just came up to TOTALLY NOT GO UP NEXT TO SALIXTRA.
    He's really more pre-occupied thinking about how he might fare in a fight against this ant woman.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Sarge would likely do very poorly against Pat. She has the potential of billions of bodies of backup to aide her when necessary. As far as it seems, the Vampire-Zombie, lacks that.

"A comprehensive guide to the classes will be given out later."
    Pat explains before waiting on Magtok to continue the tour.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Tour

"I can't wait," Salixtra says with complete sincerity, before dropping back into line. She "accidentally" lets her fingers brush against Phity-Plat's in an effort to win back his attention, but she's not going to do anything so crass as chase after him. That'd be totally beneath her!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #86

Tour

The tour itself is quite brief. The camp isn't particularly large, as the cadets will notice. This Magtok could only afford to set up a decent parking lot and so much barbed wire fencing before the other clones started trying to cut his budget, so he had to race through the construction process as quickly as he could.

The barracks are spartan at best, and dangerously close to absolutely inhospitable at worst. Beds are simple cots, two to a very sparse and claustrophobic room, with showers and bathrooms stalls and such in a pair of rooms down the hall. Every cadet is to be assigned a roommate, as the cyborg lord informs them. Their personal preferences are to be taken into account when he decides who rooms with who, and by that he means he's going to try to intentionally pair everyone up with someone they hate.

Indoor classes are to be held in a humble little one-room classroom building that Mag points out to the class. The desks look ugly and uncomfortable, the place smells like hopelessness, there's no sign of any sort of air-conditioning in there, magical or otherwise, and someone went ahead and wrote "MAGBOT RIGHTS COUNCIL SECRET MEETING AT FIVE" on the chalkboard. Odd, that.

There's another building that the cadets haven't seen yet, one Magtok quite simply describes it as "A staff building thingy, and what's inside there is none of your stupid monkeybutt business, but I will say it's a lot better than the dump you guys get.The doors are locked, the windows are both tinted and barred, cadets are expressly forbidden from entering, and there definitely isn't a mine shaft in the basement leading into the Weald as part of a morbid plan to capture faeries and train them to become savage, deadly cyborg shock troopers. That's all you need to know."

Lastly, there's the obstacle course field. Right now, it's just a completely barren field, but Magtok assures them that it's supposed to be like that. Magbots will run over there every night and set up all sorts of convoluted and deadly training exercises and villainy simulations, widely varying the design with every passing day. He can't do anything with it right now, of course, but that's okay, because he has another idea for a field exercise he can start these smelly little baboon children on. He brings them over to a flagpole just outside the bunks, and points up at the flag.

"The rules are simple. Whoever gets the flag down and into my hand wins a mystery prize. Five, four, three, two, get out of my sight, go."

He waves a hand dismissively, and then immediately takes a seat on a bench nearby to see what happens, waving for Pat to come over and do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #87

FlagPole
    It seems Alan has a plan already.
    He looks down at the Doc.
    "If you wanna, I'll throw you u into the air, you grab the flag, and then I'll catch you." :I
    SOLID PLAN.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tour]

Starfish looks at the flag. She looks down at her wrist-mounted devices. There has to be something more to this, right? She could do this easy-peasy without moving from where she is standing.

Well, nothing for it. The alien cracks her knuckles, grinning. Either Magtok hadn't really been paying attention to her entrance as well as he had hinted, or he didn't realise that not all energy-related constructs generate heat enough to burn.

Casually pointing her wrist up to the flag, the light on her glove pulses briefly before once again shooting one of those glowing blue hook-shots, this time up towards the flag to pull it down to her.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

FlagPole

Pat takes a seat next to Magtok, crossing her legs afterwards and showing them off with a slight smile as she watches what happens with amusement.

Plat doesn't really react to Salixtra's brush and instead looks up the flagpole. Taking a moment to think, he takes off his hat and begins rummaging through it. He hums to himself, taking his time as he walks a couple steps closer to Magtok, a plan in mind.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flagpole]

Ozzy looks at Magtok, someone how managing to give him a flat look despite the grin still on his face, "Dude, you're kidding right? This is pointless when you could get a minion to do it. I'm not going to put myself out for a flag."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.