New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: (IC) Symbiosis

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default (IC) Symbiosis

Please describe your characters here...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: (IC) Symbiosis

Description:

Spoiler
    Show
    Columbus takes many forms. It can be anything from a old man limping down an alley to a lively young girl skipping down a busy street. Most people who meet it don't even know they have met a being of raw psionic energy.

Columbus usually takes the form of a man in his mid twenties with scars up and down his arm. He appears to have seen many great battles and lived through them all. He has short brown hair and what appears to be a growing beard.

He also takes the form of a female sometimes. A teenage girl wearing nice clothes who is great with singing. She is very lively and has long flowing red hair.

Finally it can appear as a young boy, no older than 15 who is covered in ash and is very strong. He has longer blonde hair and wears a dirty shirt and pants.

Don't let it fool you. It may have many weak looking persona but it is a very powerful, and very dangerous entity of pure psionic energy.

Columbus may seem interested in things sometimes, but it is simply due to his thirst for knowledge of humans and other races of the material plane. He is very cunning, devious, and he knows how to trick someone, or if need be force his will upon them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMageTim View Post
    So I decide to take a break for one day and the party is already trying to kill each other...AND Sam's not even involved? I'm confused
    Credit to Terry576 for the davesprite avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Description
    Spoiler
    Show
    Faltora is a cynical dry lich pixie. He often dresses himself in long tan robes to similar to desert attire regardless of his immunity to the desert heat. He has this tattooed on his right hand. A symbol of his guild Fairy Tail. Short with withered skin pressed tightly over his skin it is quite clear that Faltora is undead. Usually though Faltora flies through towns invisible with Akkun as both can maintain their invisible form indefinitely.

Faltora is very harsh, blunt yet can be relaxed. He finds great pleasure in the company of friends but it takes much to be treated as a friend by him. If anything threatens him personally it does not bother him much but he will fly into a frenzy if anything insults Fairy Tail or anyone he considers a close friend.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-04-03 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

A slight, cloaked figure, Flutter appears no more than a young boy until he pulls back his hood. Underneath, a large hooked beak screams for attention, while large dark, bulbous eyes stare out menacingly. Using his disguise ability, however, Flutter usually appears as a tall boy of perhaps ten, with dark hair and a quick and ready smile.

Under his cloak, flutter carries little or nothing that might incriminate him. He travels light, with no weapons.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia is tall, with night-black hair and eyes of azure, wearing a long dress of midnight-blue. She looks constantly as if she's just come inside from a mighty storm, and is constantly soaked, but it suits her beautifully. She looks small and weak, but has the agility of a trapeze artist and beyond, a mixture of physical discipline and repurposed arcanics giving her tremendous athletic skill.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #6

BlackDragon

I suppose I should start the story now...

You are all in a forest... it is nighttime... there is a full moon... you can here the sound of wolves in the distance... 10 feet to the north of you is a vertical disc, swirling a luminous purple...

What would you like to do?

7. - Top - End - #7

Columbus was watching the obviously magical disc. He examined as much as he could without getting closer. At the moment he took the form of a small wolf, friendly, yet on guard. He seemed harmless, but then again, most animals do. He sat next to a tree, watching the disc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to identify the disc if it is a spell: (1d20+17)[31]
    Last edited by Sparrow; 2012-04-09 at 08:36 PM.
    So I decide to take a break for one day and the party is already trying to kill each other...AND Sam's not even involved? I'm confused

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming we dont know of each other

In the trees above the small wolf, a small boy with shaggy black hair and a feral aspect crouches. A small jagged scar shows under his left eye, and a small gold earring is present in his right ear. His eyes are normal seeming at first, but gradually shift colors, going from a blood red, to a deep green, to a ocean blue, and to a deep gold before repeating. Of course, his appearance cannot actually be seen, due to the heavy robe covering his entire body. Unnoticed by anyone, he sits and watches the disk, wondering what its use might be.

Spoiler
    Show

I assume no one sees him due to high hide.
    Picture below, if interested
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, I did just go there

Last edited by Demidos; 2012-04-09 at 11:52 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

9. - Top - End - #9

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Columbus was watching the obviously magical disc. He examined as much as he could without getting closer. At the moment he took the form of a small wolf, friendly, yet on guard. He seemed harmless, but then again, most animals do. He sat next to a tree, watching the disc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to identify the disc if it is a spell: [roll0]
    You can tell that it is a Gate (as the spell) but, there is no way of knowing where it goes with out going through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming we dont know of each other

In the trees above the small wolf, a small boy with shaggy black hair and a feral aspect crouches. A small jagged scar shows under his left eye, and a small gold earring is present in his right ear. His eyes are normal seeming at first, but gradually shift colors, going from a blood red, to a deep green, to a ocean blue, and to a deep gold before repeating. Of course, his appearance cannot actually be seen, due to the heavy robe covering his entire body. Unnoticed by anyone, he sits and watches the disk, wondering what its use might be.

Spoiler
    Show

I assume no one sees him due to high hide.
    Picture below, if interested
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, I did just go there

You are now my favorite...

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Isn't there anything at all you want to do???

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The boy climbs down from the tree, seeing the tall woman looking at the Gate. After several hours of silence, he decides to make his presence known. He steps forward boldly, his earring glinting.
    Greetings, high lady. I became lost in this forest. Could you tell me where we are?
    His eyes seem suprisingly aware for one so young, a deep chestnut color. He stands cockily, watching the lady in blue.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

The Portal begins to crackle... almost as if lightning were arcing across it... then the wind picks up a bit... there is now actual electricity arcing across the portal, the sky darkens as the portal slowly begins to open.

13. - Top - End - #13

As the boy climbed down from the tree, the wolf growled as he slowly crept backward, a normal reaction that is expected in most cases.
    Last edited by Sparrow; 2012-05-09 at 04:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Out of the portal steps a reptilian creature with 12 heads.

15. - Top - End - #15

Okay, that's... strange... I probably should do something, Columbus thinks to itself. With a small flash of light the wolf shifts into the body of a younger man, war-torn and alert. He speaks out at the monster in the foulest language he knows, abyssal. "May I ask what your business here is?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia giggles in surprise.
    "Hello?" she calls to it, walking closer slowly.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

The creature looks at all of you... then opens one of its mouths and shoots a cone of fire in your direction... luckily for you the flames don't quite make it to you... although, the heat does.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

The small boy's eyes widen at the wolf, then seeing the creature, even more. As it opens its mouth, he dives back from the flames, vanishing in the tall grass.
    Spoiler
    Show

Using Hide in Plain Sight
    Hide (1d20+50)[51]
    Initiative (1d20+26)[37]
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-05-17 at 09:44 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Emilia's response is obvious and quick-attack.

She spins on a dime to run, and vanishes in a blast of purple lightning, moving straight through the creature. She skids to a halt, reappearing on the other side and turning as her hands glow with a corona of magic and lightning-and she lashes out three times at the air, each strike echoing through space to jab, strike, and slash at the monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I need initiative...
    [rolll=Initiative]1d20+3[/roll]

Thunder steps! Move action takes me up to 80ft. Ideally I want to be 30ft on the other side.
    Deals him 6d6 damage.
    Lightning - (6d6)[24]
    Reflex save DC 25 halves.

Then I attack, entering Whirling Frenzy.
    Attack1 - (1d20+34)[39]
    damage1 - (3d6+41)[51] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.
    Attack2 - (1d20+34)[36]
    damage2 - (3d6+41)[48] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.
    Attack3 - (1d20+34)[52]
    damage3 - (3d6+41)[52] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.
    Attack3 - (1d20+34)[52]
    damage3 - (3d6+41)[52] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.

Crit range is 19-20.

20. - Top - End - #20

I guess diplomacy has failed. thought Columbus. It takes a moment and then tries to did deep into the creatures' brains, changing the thought process with in each to be hostile toward the other eleven.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting Death Urge:

1 round manifesting time. Augmenting it to a cost of 15 power points.
    DC 25 Will
    Look up the power description if you need to.

Also: Initiative: (1d20+7)[15]

21. - Top - End - #21

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Emilia's response is obvious and quick-attack.

She spins on a dime to run, and vanishes in a blast of purple lightning, moving straight through the creature. She skids to a halt, reappearing on the other side and turning as her hands glow with a corona of magic and lightning-and she lashes out three times at the air, each strike echoing through space to jab, strike, and slash at the monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I need initiative...
    [rolll=Initiative]1d20+3[/roll]

Thunder steps! Move action takes me up to 80ft. Ideally I want to be 30ft on the other side.
    Deals him 6d6 damage.
    (1d20+6)[11]
    Reflex save DC 25 halves.

Then I attack, entering Whirling Frenzy.
    [roll1]
    [roll2] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.
    [roll3]
    [roll4] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.
    [roll5]
    [roll6] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.
    [roll7]
    [roll8] 15 is lightning, rest is slashing.

Crit range is 19-20.
    The creature seems completely unfazed...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I guess diplomacy has failed. thought Columbus. It takes a moment and then tries to did deep into the creatures' brains, changing the thought process with in each to be hostile toward the other eleven.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting Death Urge:

1 round manifesting time. Augmenting it to a cost of 15 power points.
    DC 25 Will
    Look up the power description if you need to.

Also: Initiative: (1d20+6)[11]
    Will save: (1d20+6)[11]

The beast fails it's will save and proceeds to breath flames all over it's self...

The beast is now on fire... although, it doesn't mind...

Any attacks made at close range will now cause 1d6 points of fire damage to the attacker.
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-05-18 at 09:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

For the second round in a row, the boy stays in the grass, watching, his bright eyes glittering as they flicker between the combatants.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes