New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

Trixie's Great and Powerful Guide v1.96
    Godfather Edition

Brief Introduction

Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a reboot of the MLP franchise by Powerpuff Girls artist Lauren Faust, currently viewed by (almost) the entire Internet, not only the intended audience. Here is a place where we discuss the joy of friendship.

> My Little Pony? Seriously?

It's a clever show. It has excellent writing, character dynamics, humor, animation, and generally treats kids seriously rather than condescending to them. It has every right to be a 20 minute corporate committee designed infomercial, but it's not.

> Isn't this a show for little girls?

Pixar technically makes shows for little boys, and produce some of the best animation in the world.

> Okay, fine. I'll give it a try. Where do I start?

No Brony could ask for more. I recommend watching the episodes in order. They're all up on Youtube. Unusually, Hasbro seems fine with having the entire series up in public because they've made no move to bring down any of the episodes. Search for "Friendship is Magic Episode 1" and you should find the series pretty easily... Or search for "Sharing is Magic" Google Doc. That is all.

> Okay, I'm going to watch it but this had better live up to the hype!

Whoa, calm down there. The show is light hearted, optimistic fun but it's not for everyone. It's good fun, the community is good fun, and everyone can do with a reminder that friendship is magic but if it doesn't gel for you we'll love and tolerate you anyway. Plus, you might hit the wrong episode. Ask first?

> Iron Hoof/Fan Theories/Shipping/Binding

All in good fun! If it's not your cup of tea, skim it, but this show has triggered a great creative outpouring from the Internet. Pony themed fan-art is abundant and often excellent. See below for some examples.

> Derpy Hooves/Doctor Whoof

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". The show's animators are aware of Derpy's popularity and she's shown up a few times recently with her eyes obviously derped. Currently made canon in Feeling Pinkie Keen and in Faust's picture showcased below, Derpy was deemed important enough to appear in storyboards for Season II.

Dr. Whoof is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he and his kin save time and space very quietly off camera.

Ponytar Artists

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Alterform
    Crown of Thorns
    Dirtytabs
    Irbis
    Kairaven
    Khosan
    Trixie

...and a lot more besides.

If you do/don't want to be here, please make a note in the thread.

New: Official PonyPic Request Thread!
    Old Requests [Archived]

General Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    Fan Fiction and News: Equestria Daily
    Discussion Image Forum: Ponychan
    Pony Emotes: FiM Emotes
    More Emotes: MC's Emotes
    Also Emotes: GD's Emotes
    Pony Images: Ponibooru
    More Images: 20% Cooler
    Know Your Meme: Ponies!
    Allspark MLP Discussion Thread

Art Resources

Pony Games

Nice Fanwork

Important GitP Links

Spoiler
    Show
    Thread I - Because Friendship Is Magic
    Thread II - Now About 20% Cooler
    Thread III - The Great & Powerful Thread
    Thread IV - Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology
    Thread V - Art of the Thread
    Thread VI - MUFFINS!
    Thread VII - The Grand Galloping Thread
    Thread VIII - Friendship is Music
    Thread IX - The Best Thread Ever
    Thread X - We Trot 'til We Drop
    Thread XI - "Mmph!"
    Thread XII - No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves
    Thread XIII - Fast/Fine/Fierce Thread
    Thread XIV - Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top
    Thread XV - The Greater and Powerful-er Thread
    Thread XVI - There's a Pony for That!
    Thread XVII - Call Upon the Thread Ponies!
    Thread XVIII - Perfect Isn't Easy
    Thread XIX - I Emptied Your Thread
    Thread XX & Thread XX - Appletastic Treats
    Thread XXI - A Very Minty Thread
    Thread XXII - Surprise!
    Thread XXIII - It. Is. ON!
    Thread XXIV - Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly
    Thread XXV - Au Contraire, Mon Ami!
    Thread XXVI - Applebloom to Zecora!
    Thread XXVII - Eternal Chaos comes with Chocolate Rain
    Thread XXVIII - In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!
    Thread XXIX - The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!
    Thread XXX - Trixie Treats!
    Thread XXXI - The Great and Powerful XXXie!
    Thread XXXII - Find a Ponythread, and Soarin' the heck out of it!
    Thread XXXIII - Happy Birthday Pony(thread)!
    Thread XXXIV - There is Pony of it, no exceptions!
    Thread XXXV - The Thread Everypony Should Know
    Thread XXXVI - Superponies Everywhere!
    Thread XXXVII - We Should Have Learned [Something] By Now!
    Thread XXXVIII - Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship
    Pony Week Discussion Thread
    Pony Crime Pulp Fic/Game Thread

Want to Draw? Ponies will help!
    Want to RP? My Little Pony: FiM RP Recruitment Thread.
    Want to join the list of GitP Bronies?
    Want to join Steam GitP MLP Group?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

...So it's an earth pony mafia then?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Huzzah, post time!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    So off the current topic, what's everyone's favorite fan-insanity personality?

Trollestia?
    Vinyl/Octavia odd couple?
    Sweetie-bot?
    Hand-wanting Lyra?
    Stalker Lyra?
    Geek Luna?
    I like Octavia, but Vinyl is pretty meh to me. I guess their dynamic works well together, although I'm not a fan of the shipping.

Some of the various Lunas can be fun; awkward!Luna and composer!Luna are ones that I like, and I agree with Kairaven that Woona/big sis Celes are cute.

Sweetie-Bot is the best robot totally a pony.

Woona/Celes picture time, for the new thread!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

What, never met Don Mac of the dreaded Apple Famiglia?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

And it's time for the official ponythread IRC information post!

Titanium Fox & Jade's IRC info:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Good News Everypony!

The #ponythread IRC channel is now online! Below is Jade's handy dandy guide to IRC! And for those who already know how IRC runs, the server and channel information is below the spoiler.

Jade Aurora's Handy Dandy Guide to IRC!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi everypony, and welcome! I'm Jade, and I'll be your lovely assistant for this lesson! Not too many ponies are familiar with the Internet Relay Chat protocol, and that's where I'm here to help! For those who don't know, IRC is a chat protocol similar to AIM and MSN, instant messengers we're all familiar with. There's a few things you need to get IRC working, so let's take a look at what they are.

1. IRC Chat Client
    2. Server and Server Information
    3. Channel Name
    4. Brief List of Important Commands

1. IRC Chat Client
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, the first thing you need is a program that can handle IRC. These programs tend to be lightweight, and in some cases can be, or already are integrated into programs you already use every day. For example, do you use the web browser Opera or the Instant Messaging Client Pidgin? Then you already have a program capable of supporting your server. If this is the case, you can skip on down to the next section. If not however, you're gonna need to download one.

Personally, I recommend one such as XChat 2 or mIRC, but it's really not hard to find your own alternative. Just remember, don't be tricked into paying for an IRC client. There are tons upon tons of free options out there.

2. Server and Server Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so you've got a program that can run IRC. Now what do you do? Well, first things first you need to do is figure out what server you're going to be connecting to. In our case, you will be connecting to:

This is usually pretty simple. It'll be a different process for each separate client, but they all tend to be pretty similar. There's generally a tools tab, followed by an options tab. There will be a field looking for the server to connect to. Type in what's in the quote box above, enter a username (you don't need to register it if you don't want to, that will be covered in section 4), and you're good to go! It should connect to the main page of the Sorcery IRC server. From there, you can go hunting for your channel.

3. Channel Name
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a pretty simple one. In our case, the channel name is:

And you know how you join that? Just type into the text box at the bottom of your IRC client "/join #ponythread" and you're in! There's a bit more we can do with chanels though. Say you want to see if there are any other pony related channels in the server. Well, from any window on the Sorcery server, you can type in "/list" to get a list of all of the channels on the server. From there, you can use the "/join" command to join that channel too! Most channels have a # preceding their name, so remember that.

4. Brief List of Important Commands
    Spoiler
    Show
    /msg [NAME] This allows you to send a private message to [NAME].
    /msg NickServ This allows you to send a message to the Nickname Server on the Sorcery IRC network. You can type "/msg NickServ HELP" from any window to get help with your nickname. This includes registering a floating nickname, changing the password on your nickname, and other different commands you can check out from there.
    /list This allows you to see a list of all channels on the current server.

This list will be edited as time goes on, and more commands become pertinent.

IRC Server Information Standalone:
    ATTENTION ONCE AGAIN EVERYPONY.

...Wow, I should probably stop doing that, huh?

We have a mibbit link for those ponies who don't want to download anything! Just click the mibbit link at the bottom of this post and you'll be brought to a web based IRC client, and dropped directly into the chat room.

#ponythread on IRC.Sorcery.net

Also, Trixie, can I request that both this link and the prior post about IRC which includes the Guide and Server information go in the next OP?
    It's really not that hard!
    You know I hate you, right? I just want that on record.
    ...This can't be any more embarrassing than that picture Psycho drew of you in Midnight's Leather.
    Point.

All you have to do is get a brand new client,
    Download it, don't pay!
    Next just figure out the server credentials,
    So easy, child's play!

Just /join, and you're almost there,
    Ponychat is in your future.
    Make sure you've got the username you want,
    And you'll be in the chat in seconds!

IRC! So quick and easy!
    IRC! Don't get so queasy!
    IRC! IRC! IRC!

I know where you sleep Titanium.

Hello, everypony! There have been a lot of questions about certain IRC features, and so I was convinced (by myself) to write up a list of FAQs to supplement Jade's guide. Hers includes everything you need just to connect, mine includes some slightly more advanced material. When this is reposted in the new thread, it can either be kept separate like this, or we could just combine them.

Inkblot's Answers to Common IRC Questions!
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What does it mean to have a voice?

There are a number of different designations that can be assigned to IRC users, to determine what privileges they hold in a channel. The designation you'll see most frequently is +v, for voice. This is represented in the list of people in the channel by a + before someone's name in mIRC, or the image of a speaker after someone's name on mibbit. What having a voice means is that the user in question can continue to chat unhindered even if the channel is set to +m, for mute!

Setting a channel to mute prevents anyone without a voice from speaking. This is something that we might do if we were to ever be infested by spammy parasprites who were making it impossible to have real conversation, so that then only the ponies we know and recognize could talk.

You can be given a voice by anyone with OP (operator) or H-OP (half-operator) status, the former represented by a @ (or a star in Mibbit), and the latter by a % (or half of a star). These are the people who can kick or ban disruptive users, change channel modes, etc etc. Ops have more privileges in this regards than hops do.

2. How do I speak using colored font? Or in bold, or italics, or underlined?

This will vary depending on your choice of IRC client.

In Mibbit, it's simple! You just use the "colours" button down at the bottom of the screen, below the chat bar.

In mIRC, pressing ctrl+k will bring up a box showing a number of different colors. You can then choose one and it will automatically enter the appropriate color code. You can then type whatever it was you wanted colored. If you put a comma immediately after your color code, and then enter another color code, the first number will be the color of your text, and the second will be the color of your text's background. For example, ctrl+k - 4,1Testing would result in red font with a black background.

In mIRC, you can also use ctrl+b for bold text, ctrl+i for italics, ctrl+u to underline, and ctrl+o to make any text entered after that point default to normal. Alternatively, you can highlight whatever it is you want changed with your mouse, before entering it, and then use the ctrl+k/b/i/u commands to change just that part of what you had written.

If you use a different IRC client, please consult its documentation, or try Google. We can't help there!

3. How do I register my nickname?

Registering your nickname is a requirement for you to be auto-voiced or auto-oped upon joining (otherwise, a moderator needs to do so manually). It also allows you to protect yourself from anyone who might try and "steal" it, using your name for themselves. All you need is an e-mail address; just follow these easy steps!

First, type "/nickserv register *DESIRED PASSWORD* *your e-mail*". So, for example, "/nickserv register mypassword123 [email protected]"

Make sure that the e-mail address you entered was valid. Your IRC nickname will be tied to it.

Wait a few minutes, then go and check your e-mail. You should have one that looks something like this:

Hi,

You have requested to register the nickname "PoniesAreAwesome".

Please type " /msg NickServ confirm yLh5NhewS " into your IRC client to complete the registration.

If you don't know why this mail has been sent to you, please ignore it.

This mailbox is not monitored. Replies to this e-mail will NOT get responded to.

Thanks for using SorceryNet
      It will be from [email protected], and the topic will be something following the format of "Nickname Registration (YourNameHere)." Just follow the instructions in the e-mail, and you're registered!

After registering, you'll need to confirm yourself each time you log in, by typing "/nickserv identify *insert password here*". You don't /need/ to, but features like auto-op won't function unless you do.

If anyone has more questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Artponies, we could do with a Pegasus Mafia picture or two.

Applemafia is Best Mafia though, because there is no Pegasus Mafia.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-03-05 at 03:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the Neighponese Yakuza we should really be worried about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Some of the various Lunas can be fun; awkward!Luna and composer!Luna are ones that I like, and I agree with Kairaven that Woona/big sis Celes are cute.

Sweetie-Bot is the best robot totally a pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Celestia and Luna as true sisters is best interpretation.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

And since Soras has decided to part with us for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    New ponythread taste, same great ponymote filling:

Spoiler
    Show
    Original Batch
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0bxcP.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0yCfw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1aYkh.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2c0gc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2E2Va.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2lTPE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4sZHM.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/59s2M.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6ZURl.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9QvF1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aRDpW.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BLHA3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BsGGR.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CXTge.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CYF9U.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cUkh2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DrMmg.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Dy4NS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d0kUL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dB204.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dNltC.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EAqtS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EvxT1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eO5lW.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/etKD7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eYwWG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fhwi8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gEfq6.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gHCeL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gMCGS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JmPL5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jaolo.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jgqXQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KtAOH.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kdR94.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LWZja.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LxdwA.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l00rv.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lI36x.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N2nfK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NOiOY.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Npxit.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nKrHQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OAaIA.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o7rww.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pi5Ee.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pUT8r.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RBgwp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ROEne.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RsI1d.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RZwfo.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SUOfJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/U1RF1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UwGCn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xJr4u.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xNUoP.png[/IMG]

MCerberus
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/01zSq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1Z2vG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2X8Vx.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/36YEA.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3jjwj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5EqX7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CNGSZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DBY1G.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Fgxws.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fLpgR.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Hfg2x.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HhIbn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h4XfE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Jn3vj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jNLDQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KwcDX.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kpJsp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lJFOJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lSNiD.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lytME.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O6p2H.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OqjNV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oGJH8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oRBHJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ptAf0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vZNbC.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/w3dl4.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XiHXp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xk85S.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z2C9W.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z4XPE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZLzTn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zFwEx.png[/IMG]

Crazy!Twi
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r63WE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PDKIo.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/viCkZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tuSLw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/U8SiV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZiOZ1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xrtxn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WcmCY.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TzVou.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Sy0s7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uvyb4.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tudfp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Siwuj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sp5Tb.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vlJi6.gif[/IMG]

Kyouhen Series feat. Ninja Pinkie!
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/th_NinjaPinkie.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/NinjaSurprise.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/PinkieSwear.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/trollestia2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/trollestia.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/Gummicle.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/alfalficon1.png[/IMG][noparse]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/alfalficon2.png[/IMG]

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rs4hd.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PBYX5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/272/4/b/liarjack_da_avatar_by_metalbeersolid-d4bc9sj.gif[/IMG]

Seekrit Pony Projekt
    Spoiler
    Show
    1-20
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/03Pwr.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0Mw2v.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2u0gC.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3JXCg.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3q7O2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/459jt.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4ii5U.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4XyuH.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4zrN3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6SgQp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/74j15.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7Yvwk.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8u4Rl.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9SkHu.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AKUeV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ala5e.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AruGN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BgqS5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/b5xPJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CEUYj.png[/IMG]

21-40
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D4C8X.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DrSYq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dDGKR.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eCLn3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ecXwG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/erYVj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ev5Dd.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f2s0G.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G1lsp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G5T9W.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G8QfD.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GOn25.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g0EB2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HKmyu.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h4OtT.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hdG5a.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hdXfp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hfXmw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hleys.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I0AiJ.png[/IMG]

41-60
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iSsYc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JBZDO.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ji01D.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jDb4v.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jhfF7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jq6VL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KLXX3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/k7yr1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kETPz.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LIUMV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LKAKZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Lz5uj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l6Dif.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ldfV9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lPGoS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lT2IO.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mssk8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NInKh.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O73if.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OPCUO.png[/IMG]

61-80
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o1ROT.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o3OrQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PgZ79.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/p0HjG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pKw2V.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Qd0KM.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QLOYp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qxCE8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rytqf.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SSEx1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s1GzN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tFh1l.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tVg4z.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/twJKI.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/us0sn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uwvgS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VgP1Y.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VlAck.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VNjBL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Vthb5.png[/IMG]

81-100
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VYSqq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vbM5o.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W0vnZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/w4Pts.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RYTpi.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wQyc8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/X0pML.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XCdKc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XiHdB.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XzZ1f.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xl9dK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YecKj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YWDIv.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/y50oz.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yW4zF.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZHvPK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZOCXB.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zhFvk.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zRC21.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zw5OF.png[/IMG]

101-112
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Tqo43.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MPjbO.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/shj2N.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1h9Zx.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EK1lN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qW2jc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NcSma.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JpnZc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fsqkv.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CgffQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VwCqN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hwHGZ.png[/IMG]

113-124 (Luna Series)
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Mm1dn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gN9Ou.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rW0xK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rzrj5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s8D5o.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lEtTg.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KXIJq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oRdYJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hNTy5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KyWk8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZeYyu.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L3ZSw.png[/IMG]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive:
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: one more:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-03-05 at 03:14 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

my thread name got picked
    winning! ^,^
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

11. - Top - End - #11

Applemafia is Best Mafia though, because there is no Pegasus Mafia.
    Yes, clearly it is all simply a fictitious ruse, a pure play upon fantasy!
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

12. - Top - End - #12

Almost makes me want to go back and finish the Pony pulp/noir crime thread.

Upon second viewing of the new ep, I...
    Spoiler
    Show

have a slight better opinion. this episode is filled with background references and that makes it much better, however the main story is still not up to par.

That doesn't make it bad, frankly even a low tier episode like this inspires and causes so many art, story, music and theories to be made. and that's something even good episodes of other series can't quite achieve.

Main problem is that the pacing of the story is rushed. And using the same joke/antics multiple times just dulls its impact. (as celestia is my witness, pinkie's rabbit/duck season bit) also certain jokes would have been just as good without the slightly mean spirited depiction. (nerdy pony seduction would have worked just fine with a normal stallion. And I would have depicted fluttshy's descent as a power seduction instead of a sudden personality flip. Though it might be time constrained). Iron Will carried the episode even though he's not even shown most of the time, and that goes to show how weak the main character presence is in this episode.

I should say that it is the best Merriwether Williams episode yet. but still needs improvement.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Wait, what is this about Derpy Day?
    Derpy Hooves Day is march first! You send a letter to someone, you eat a muffin, and you give the DHD salute to a fellow (you hit Em with the Derp!face). And if you're Australian you are contractually obligated to have one I your number request a pony song in exchange for free muffins. YouTube video optional but recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Indecisive View Post
    Hello ponythread.

I've been lurking here for some time and I thought it might *be a good idea to start posting.

So... I like ponies?
    Oh man, what a coincidence! I like ponies!

We should totally hang out!

Welcome to the thread mate. The above welcome spoiler is also for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Aha. Now, that's extremely useful help! In fact exactly the sort of help I needed - I should have known ponythread would have come up with someone who's actually looked at this sort of locomotion! (I was just taking an educated guess from working the out the joints...) And that's why ponythread is awesome! I'd not thought about rotating in the vertical axis, but that's that magic minor alteration that makes all the difference, isn't it?

Lke this?
    Spoiler
    Show

It took me a couple of tries, because I realised legs one and three were clipping into the body, but there we go...!
    I twisted four, and two ever so slightly.

That looks more right even to me, so it must be an improvement...!
    Yeah, that is fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (was going to say something chaotic about freedom of expression)
    (sees That Font)
    (has flashbacks)
    oh god not the fae
    We have a fae font now? Why was I not informed?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Wow In less than five hours, my latest piece of art has rocketed right past my previously all-time most favorited piece. It is also the first piece I can definitively confirm has been on the front page of dA, because it's there right now as the 23rd most popular within the last 24 hours and number 11 within the last 8 hours. That's pretty awesome.

It's looking quite likely that I might finally breach the 1000 faves mark with this one. I'm hoping...
    Good show, ol' bean!

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I guess my internet can't handle IRC for too long without crashing. Will try to figure that out... I do so enjoy talking to you guys.
    If you are using mibbit, that becomes a bit of an issue. Also, if you're idle for too long it just disconnects. No idea why...

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Oh good, a kindred spirit!
    Oh fie, thy aren't all that bad! Maybe no redeeming features sure, but some of the Gentry lack damning features too!

The worst part of being on the front page of dA, you ask? All the freakin' haters and spammers and trolls come out.

Apparently march 1 is also Self-Harm Awareness day and half my comments are filled with some hater thinking Derpy Day is offensive because in his mind it can't share that date with a serious awareness day. As if the message of friendship and love wasn't important too. Bah, humbug. I liked one of the responses he got, "Then go do something more productive and create something dedicated to this day." Right on.

Anyway, yay! 2000 faves in 15 hours, and used as the header image for the mini art event on EqD. I guess people really like happy Derpy
    It was professionally done, friend. Don't sell yourself short; I saw the header on a site (wasn't eqD, think it was a blog) and had to double-take when I realized 'wait, I don't remember this being in the show...'.

Howdy everypony! Just popping my head in to say I'm still alive, don't worry. Work's been hectic and IRC has taken up a lot of my time (you ponies over there are crazy). I'm gonna try to be more active over here again though!

Yay!

Also, for those of you who are new, Hi! I'm Jade!
    > read as "Hi, I'm a princess! Are you a princess too?"
    > giggles

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    why do people get so excited over tax refunds?
    *the government is not giving you money....they are returning the EXCESS money they took FROM you in the first place...the interest free loan you gave to them
    The government IS giving you money. Literally, at least.

For at least the last half-century, there has been a phrase which carries the weight of fear and despair a nation over, buoyed by the frustration and bitterness of countless lives.

"the only sure things in life are Death and Taxes."

Taxes WILL be taken from you, by a system many feel is faceless, remorseless and alien. Sure, they are giving you back your own money, but it is superficially an acknowledgement that the system wants to make reparations, that you are important enough to reimburse. You are not forgotten.

And patriotism aside, they don't have to give the money back. it's a courtesy. There is really nothing anyone can do to make them if they decided to keep it.

Finally, applicable economics. I functionally make about $100 dollars a month, even thought technically make a lot more than that. After bills, requirements and staples, that's all that is left. Each bill, requirement and staple is written off as already gone, even if it's still in my account. It's a dead sum walkin'.

So getting it added back into my functional cash pool later? It is a variable added to my equation that "shouldn't" be there. Like finding a twenty in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    This sort of breaks my brain.

But uh, I'm glad you feel good about it. The mind control is working, apparently.
    I'd hope so, seeing as they've have several hundred years to work on it!

Just fyi, if I ever showed this conversation to my Tax professor, he'd probably get up, do a little jig and then point at the whole class and shout "I told you so!"*

Or rather, he'd do that right after he got over the "wtf, why does everyone look like a pony?" moment.
    Okay, but why? Enlighten me. Numbers aside, the emotive portion is drastically important. Numerical analysis can tell me that the surest and most logical method of success is to kill my mother and collect the insurance. But that doesn't make it the right answer at all. Numbers don't lie, but numbers are blind.

[QUOTE=Titanium Fox;12824970]Yeah, it is! We've got somewhere around 30 regular users, and a massive dedicated RP continuity which has probably 150% divulged from the one over here, come to think of it. Crap. Somepony's gonna have to paste the logs over eventually. XD

The logs are a touch tedious. A detailed synopsis or an as-fiction-rewrite would be best, I think.*

You'll love the IRS till you get audited and lose money. My roomate however has been audited and given extra money. He loves them an extra special lot.
    I've been audited every year except last year, for taxes. And I was audited every year I went to school to quintuple check that I qualified for the loans and scholarships I used.

I suppose I just have a dishonest face? o.O

It's a beautiful, diabolical little piece of social psychology. You're conditioned as a citizen to expect to have pay X in taxes. So when you pay that X in taxes, and you only theoretically had to pay Y in taxes in the first place, when you get .1(X-Y) back, you don't think of it as being reimbursed, you think of the government 'being nice' and helping you out with money.
    It's more an understanding. The IRS functions like a parental figure for a lot of us. Sure, they aren't there when it really matters, but I'd they didn't hold on to that money for me I'd has frittered it away. It's a lot easier to spend 13.50 a month and not notice than I is to spend a check for 135 and not notice...

Reminds me of the five-dollar savings plan.
    Give yourself a budget every day. $2000 works. When you buy something, like food, or a drink, you cannot spend anything smaller than a $500 bill. If you break that twenty on a meal, and get a fiver and some change, you only have that $500 bill to fall back on the rest of the day. All the hangs you get back, you put into a jar or something. Don't touch it for a while, pretend it doesn't exist. After a month, most folks have around $300 saved... That's not new money, it's just being more frugal, smarter about how you spend. It still feels like a Princess-gift.

You need to come to the IRC more often! I am so happy to see that ponysane is still a thing here *Squee*
    Pfffffff like we could do regular sane anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Also I am imagining some swashbuckling bewteen Capt and Pirate. Because.... you know... Captain and Pirate. my mind goes wierd places.
    You heard the zen Pegasus Ido. You've got a draw thread Ido.
    I expect results.

Or an excuse. I'm not Picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    What did I just click?

...the frag.
    Fifthed.

Hey Thanqol! *Just stopping in to let you know that I baked you an anime review!

http://fivepointpodcast.blogspot.com...tay-night.html

It's tangent flavored!

Also, hi everyone.
    Tangent flavor is the best flavor! It's also predominantly what we do as a thread, so double cool!

Also, good seeing ya around mate

No, I will never admit it! YOU FIEND!"
    Never... NEVE- *Blargleflargle*
    Confound you all!
    *contributes to the Jade Huggings*

I forgot my pancreas was in constant danger in this thread OH GOD WHY U TRY TO KILL ME?
    *Jade used Blame Game! ... It's not very effective.
    *Starry Notions used Mirror Move!

O RLY? Y U NO BUILD IMMUNITY THRU EXPOSURE TO THREAD?!

Not sure if time change a good thing... I'm missing it right now cause I didn't get back in until 1:08 PM. >.>
    Time change threw me off, aye. Though around 9:30 is when I would normally watch it, so...

AWESOME *throws tablet out window, starts listening*

EDIT: Less than five minutes in and you've dissed me like five times. XD
    To be fair, Thanqol, you are a terrible person. I mean, there's three of you. Plurals fail at singularity on a regular basis.

*click*

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Technological singularity, sufficiently advanced is identical to magic making any sufficiently studied magic system indistinguishable from science which... Got it.

New Episode, initial (limited) thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    BonBon's latest voice is awful. Just awful! Worst one yet.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    what? What? What?

You guys like the worst voice they give the poor lass, and now that she has a voice that doesn't sound like a snooty 55 year old you dislike the change?

I heartily disagree, and will engage in an art duel to defend well-voiced Bon-Bon's honor if need be! This was the best voice they've ever given to her! It was perfect for the scene, perfect for the pony... I love it. My favorite pony just got a decent voice, she did!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to punch my signature in the face, though I will not be held responsible for the resulting damage to your monitor.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a touch screen. Every time I try to bust the bunny's chops Jabar distracts me with his torso. It's maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Anyway, my own new episode impressions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hands free headsets in Equestria.

Hands free headsets.

Hands free.
    [Tangent]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I'll leave it to you to figure this one out, mate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I do agree that it wasn't necessary. What they were going for was a parody of real world self-help seminars and so forth, and part of that setup includes images of the presenter and staff coming across as dynamic and organized, which they did here with the goat ties and headsets. There were probably other ways to do it, but as it was done, essentially, for the sake of an overarching joke, I still think it's fine to pretend that they never existed as far as Equestrian tech goes.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    pretty much this. The trouble we have from this stance is that we can then almost never be sure when something is canon or not, but for the one-and-done items I'm sure it works perfectly.

New Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pipsqueak!*

Spoiler
    Show

Also, impatient Lyra waiting for Bonbon (they're seen sitting together at that table moments later)
    Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rather disappointed with this one. Our only Fluttershy episode of the season so far, and it was quite weak in my opinion.

Simply put, the problem is that I don't believe the events. Fluttershy is entirely too nice to change completely into Discorded Fluttershy overnight just on the advice of some motivational speaker, whether she was trying to be more assertive or not. With Discord it made sense because he was using magic, which he appears to have to nigh-omnipotent levels. Heck, she was the one that he had to go for straight overpowering mind-control on, rather than gradually breaking her down. This is her changing willingly to a Gilda-esque bully without even realizing it. I'm not sure I would buy that even with a much longer setup.

Plus the whole story in general was rather bland and predictable. From the moment I saw what Iron Will was telling Fluttershy to do, the entire rest of the episode was pretty obvious. And there were no real standout moments from anyone either.

Still, not annoying the way some of the worse (mostly CMC) episodes are, but definitely not one I'm a fan of, and perhaps even one I won't be re-watching.

Zevox
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, there is the old cartoon stand-by of more time passing than is explicitly laid out, as evinced by the morning scenes where Fluttershy is giving herself a pep-talk in the mirror and her friends seem more depressed and less fed in each shot. There is also the sudden 'leaves falling from trees and house being boarded up' thing which takes time, so... Yeah.

I also still fully believe Discord Mind/bent the lot of them, no coercion actually happened and his talk and games were for his amusement before he just magi-zapped his targets. But that's kind of irrelevant.

Originality is also not a virtue we expect from MLP, as such. Predictable stories are fine, so long as they are well executed. So that you could predict the entire sequences doesn't really detract from its value. I could see this altering how much other variables detract from its value however.

New episode first impressions:

Spoiler
    Show
    That was an...okay episode, at best. I found that one a bit awkward actually, rather than funny - maybe because of the complete lack of manners showed by most involved in there. I just didn't find everypony bullying everypony else to be very amusing. That was kinda...eh. There were a few chuckles, but rather less than usual.

And when Fluttershy was making Pinkie and Rarity cry I was sitting there going... "no, that's not funny or entertaining at all"... it made me feel a bit sick, actually, which is a rather unusual response from me, but there you go.

I think this maybe my least favourite episode so far. Dragonshy was far better in that regard, as was Stare Master.

But Angel Bunny is clearly as much of a... jerkwad... as we have long suspected, and he totally deserved a Stare at the end there!
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    this is entirely agreeable to me. Even the awkward dislike of feelin like you're sitting in the room with folks who hate each other but you don't say anything for some reason, and... Ugh.

Angel, though. Man. Looked at symbolically, I can see how this all fits. Looked at literally... I'd have a couple lucky charms if he didn't shape up. Four of them in fact- a couple couple.

I can understand the Making Friends Cry bit as well. It's understandable. It's also condemnable, though.

Edit: Post-thread-read-thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with Zevox, I wasn't very convinced by the events, and certainly not in the time frame or with the reasons provided. Fluttershy making her friends cry with apparently virtually no motivation aside from some moribund catch-phrases just didn't feel right. She felt, in some ways, worse than under Discord's influence at that moment, and that just felt wrong. And the more I reflect on that, the less I like where they went there; there wasn't nearly enough build-up before or after, and it just failed for me completely. I mean, I could see the bare basics of the idea - Fluttershy going over-board and upsetting her friends - but it would need a far more convincing build-up, and a much more convincing response, other than "Pinkie and Rarity get over that off-screen", and, actuallly, Fluttershy never strictly apologised, did she? No, they over-trivialised that, and it just failed on all the levels, as far as I can see.*

Probably doesn't help Fluttershy was one of my favourite characters early on (especially after Dragonshy), it is seems she's sort of falling from those vaunted heights, which doesn't improve my perceptions.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    ah, see, as I said I understand this situation. It's easier for me to get, because I've been there.

Why Fluttershy did was pick out points of pride for the ponies in question, and deride them. Doesn't matter whether she thought any of it was true, or even if she had thought of it before. She picked a strength and made it into a weakness for the sole purpose of winning. She attacked and defeated her rivals (Pinkie and Rarity) by inflicting acute emotional pain.

But that's exactly what it is. It's not the truth, it's nt some world shattering, mind smashing revelation of how Fluttershy interacts with her friends. It is a series of hurtful words that lose all their power when you realize their purpose is to hurt you, regardless of how false they are. It wouldn't take Rarity and API lie long at all to think that Fluttershy didn't mean t and was just lashing out. It would take them a while to work up the nerve to confront her again, however.

It's understandable. Acceptable is a horse of a different color, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liked a lot of the gags, and the goats were brilliant. Not sure the whole thing worked for me though.

The bit where the bridge was blocked by the carts. When did Fluttershy forget how to fly?
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    the goats. All I could think the whole time was a mix of "Tectonic Robot has won, there are goats." and "confound it, he's going to ask for a goat picture and I dot have a single reference picture!".

And uh, the problem began a while before the carts, which also shows the solution to your question. Fluttershy didn't take win when forced to the back of the seminar, either. She hopped and jumped and hope to catch an eyeful because she was t assertive enough to exercise her right to wings (plus she's dang near an earth pony really). It's not about whether or not her statblock lists a fly speed, it's about symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    New episode:

Spoiler
    Show

Thought it was OK. Agree with everyone who said there were some pacing problems. Flutterjerk was generally amusing.

I didn't think Iron Will was that bad, or even that much of an antagonist. He even broke the fourth wall for a second at the end there.

I really liked her mane the Rarity/Pinkie/Fluttershy dynamic, and I'm glad the episode didn't feel like it had to cram all of the Mane 6 in there. I was impressed at how specific Fluttershy's insults were when she turned on them, she really wasn't pulling any punches.

I didn't like Rarity's "use sex appeal to get what you want."

The Angel thing at the beginning was a little too mean to be funny. Sure, Angel's a jerk a lot of the time, but before this episode he was a jerk who also seemed to care a lot about Fluttershy, for example in Bird in the Hoof when he shoves her out the door because she's running late. This version of Angel veers a lot closer to domestic abuse, which isn't cool.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agree about Angel and Rarity. Angel's character could be construed as being willfully disobedient to teach Fluttershy a lesson, akin to a drunken tattooed wizard bringing hookers to the sanctum and having drunken brawls on the lawn to teach his inferiors that tradition has its place but isn't The Law...

But more than likely he's just [LONG POORLY PUNCTUATED SENTENCE REDACTED] in the face.

Rarity troubled me, because this would be the first time we've seen her use her powers for petty ends. We could assume that the specific scenario let her feel helping Fluttershy Was a valid reason to put a colt's dignity on the line, but I'm against social manipulation in general. That she would indulge in so base an example makes me sad, though I'll get over it. They are just expanding off the bits of her character they already fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    teleport to Canterlot and punch Celestia in the face so she sends me to the moon where i will be safe unless Pinkie Pie can warp there...
    [hypothetical] [tangent]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy. Because the worst she could do is give me a good fight before I rightfully lost. Vicious, Aggressive verbal attacks are what kids from my school years called "sport". I think it would be a grand old time.

The Stare, however, is a wild card.

Cry Havoc! and let slip the ponies of war! (non-episode)
    Experiencing Technical Derpyculties. Please stand by. (non-episode)
    Spoiler
    Show

episode spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    how long before we see this made in RL
    though it would be forever unused...who could ever live with themselves if they wiped their feet on her?
    1. This picture was made by our very own Inkwell! You may remember Inkwell as the draw friend who appeared with a picture of me and Kairaven stalking them from bushes, who we hired but as-of-yet have not actually paid to make a pony Major Arcana, and who has popped in to give us awesome art every now and again since.

[poor taste]
    Spoiler
    Show
    2. I dunno. Put a gag on there and you could pretend she likes it. Though I always pictured Fluttershy as more of a Domme, it could be she had a bit of back-and-forth before settling into her current role.

Phoe, have you by chance had any time to work on Rainbows?

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to go ahead and call this one my least favorite episode of the series. *The *examples of 'positive assertion' were more akin to manipulation, Angel goes beyond jerk territory in my book, and (like many have stated) the pacing seems way off, with Fluttershy getting her act together for no discernible reason.
    Least favorite of all, though, was her rant against Pinkie and Rarity. *It's mostly personal for me, because it's exactly the sort of thing I say to myself in my worse moment (as I'm pursuing an art career), and moreover, she never really apologizes for it. *Rarity and Pinkie are completely over it off screen, and it's treated like no big deal, but that was some serious stuff she was laying down. *Words like that END friendships all the time; Heck, I stopped talking to a friend of mine for months because he said something similar. *
    Anyway. *Everything felt off to me; like things went a bit to extreme all the way around, and far too quickly.

Long story short: it was the first episode that ended with me feeling worse than when I started.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    First; I am sorry the episode ended and left you in a bad mood. That's no fun and I really feel bad for you. I'm sure you're over it by now, but I'd not; is there anything I can do to help?

Moving in, I don't think this could end their friendship. Not only here the insults not sincere, but the ponies in question would all be quick to apologize and accept apologies. It's the pride that prevents this last part that is usually the trouble with humans.

Third, I think you miss a vital part of close friendship interaction; words don't need to be spoken aloud. Sometimes actions and knowledge suffice. Fluttershy saw what she had done, and immediately knew that she had Crossed A Line. She knew. She would carry that with her for a long time, until she could make amends. "I'm sorry" is not making amends, and in fact, is often a cheap bandaid used to shirk responsibility. Fluttershy locked herself in her house as penance. I don't know about you, but to me, an Oubliette is penance enough.

For their parts, Rarity and Pinkie Pie understood this when thy saw the place. The actions a re in the past. The present consists of helping each other and the future consists of reaffirming the bonds of friendship, love and comeraderie. Why dredge up old wounds and artificially tamper with an otherwise functional organic process? Actions speak louder than words.

Wow. *Just popped in briefly, and ponythread is
    Spoiler
    Show
    really negative today. *I haven't seen this kind of hate since the Owl episode. *
    External spoiler so I can address points as they come.

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hadn't watched it yet. *May as well now!

Stream of consciousness review:*

Fluttershy, don't you see that what Angel hungers for is STEAK? *Or possibly amour. *He is a bunny, after all.
    I, too, thought that the Bruce Lee of Ponyverse wanted a manlier meal. I don't know if I got my wish or not when he wanted whipped cream and a cherry or not...

Okay, so far, a minute in, I see what people are responding negatively to. *That opening was kinda painful. *

... I don't know that I want to keep watching this. *It's making me feel sad inside. *I don't watch ponies, when I watch ponies, to feel sad inside. *

Rarity: I AM GOING TO BULLY YOU UNTIL YOU STOP PUTTING UP WITH BEING BULLIED. *

Rarity, stop playing with that poor nerd's heart! *

RARITY, I AM ASHAMED OF YOU. *IF YOU MAKE FLUTTERSHY ACT LIKE A FLOOZIE TOO, I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

Also, yay for Pinkie doing Loony Toons bits!

HATE. *HAAAAATE ANGEL. *HATE. *He'd been doing so WELL the last few appearances. *

So... Equestria DOES have Junk Mail. *I remember there being a debate about that a while back. *Problem solved. *

This is painful. *This is just painful. *

Yay Rocky Theme! *

... only Fluttershy should be here. *Ponyville is made up of jerks and selfish people. *They should be at Basic Courtesy's seminar. *

He pities the fool. *Heh. *All we need is a Chuck Norris reference and we'll have the 80s trifecta.

NO. *FLUTTERSHY. *NO. *YOU KNOW BETTER. *THIS IS NOT HOW ADULTS HANDLE THEIR PROBLEMS. *NO.

FLY, FLUTTERSHY. *JUST FLY. *JUST FLY. *YOU HAVE WINGS. *USE TEM. *YOU AREN'T SCOOTALOO. *YOUR WINGS AREN'T DEFORMED.

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO ENCOURAGE. *NO. *NO. *STOP IT RARITY AND PINKIE PIE. *NO. *THIS IS BEING A JERK. *SHE IS SCARING OFF YOUR CUSTOMERS. *DON'T GIVE HER FREE STUFF.

Third person talking is funny. *It's like Fluttershy can't act this way unless she convinces herself she's someone else.

Fluttershy, you enormous (EXPLETIVE DELETED). *Stop being mean to Pinkie and Rarity! *Stop it stop it stop it!

What the... we're already 17 minutes in? *What the (expletive deleted) have they been wasting their time on this episode? *Whaaaaaaa?

Why the hell is Iron Will there? *

The whole Monster-Minotaur joke wasn't funny. *At all. *Ever. *In the whole episode.

Pinkie is, once again, the saving grace in a bad episode.
    Fluttershy, don't renege on your debts.

Good point, Fluttershy.

Shut up, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. *There was no moral this episode. *This was a series of events meant to be funny that weren't.

This is why I don't like season 2 overall. *It feels like the characters, which were pretty consistent through season 1, are regularly knocked out of character in stupid ways. *And I definitely feel the rushed complaint people had. *Like I said, I was at the end of the episode and I thought "what the heck had actually happened this whole time?"

And... yeah. *My feeling is now, Fluttershy's ruined. *She went a whole season practically with no activity, and this ruined her. *She was actually more of a jerk here than when Discord used magic to mind control her.
    This... All of this. It pretty much sums up my feelings.

I've missed you, Bobcat. I've had to type out my own thoughts since you've been gone, and you've seen my writing. Nopony should have to deal with that.

The only bits I have actual comments for:
    Third person dialogue is intentional, yes. I do believe she has to distance herself from the consequences in order to pull this off. She is not herself.

The monster/Minotaur thing wasn't a joke, it was a commentary. Why is he a monster? Because he's different? He's actually a pretty swell bloke, except for the whole overly assertive bit. But that could just be showmanship. It's a nod towards racism. Wish they had done more with it...

And yes, season two seems different. It's hard to place but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    New ep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was... pretty bad. And pretty much exemplifying all the bad things I have so often said were happening to the show since Season 2 started. When I feel the need to start scanning ahead on the first watchthrough of a new pony episode, something is going terribly wrong.*

All in all, I keep by my previous assessment. With the original creative core leaving the production team, the whole thing went haywire. At this rate, I will be hoping the series gets cancelled after Season 2, before such careless handling will completely ruin the universe. This episode, even moreso than the last, surprisingly, felt like a run-of-the-mill cartoon, detached from the show it was supposed to be taking place in. Fluttershy was flanderized into a doormat, and made a gag out of by flipping her all the way around into a b!tch. Pinkie Pie became the element of Cartoon Physics and Old And Overused Gags. Rarity... well, no idea, her depiction was rather foggy to me most of the time. And let's not speak of headset-equipped goats that don't speak, out-of-nowhere minotaurs that are actually half-satyrs (a minotaur is supposed to be all human save for the head), and the troubled and confused Equestrian economy. This episode falls firmly into the bounds identified as the trope called They Just Didn't Care, and this makes me utterly sad. I'll laugh at the gags, but as a whole this episode is a disgrace to the show proper. They better pull something epic out of the rumpcracks for the finale, nothing short of that will redeem Season 2.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is another instance of somepony else hitting the nail on the head. Season two of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic feels like any ol' cartoon. That may be because familiarity breeds contempt. It may be because I find the fan universe a bit more compelling (though only just; mythic medieval Equestria has literally made me salivate for more world-building), it may be because the quality has actually shifted. But it's palpable, and that makes me sad.

New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um... Fluttershy, because I'd totally be her doormat
    [Image]
    Spoiler
    Show

W-what are you talking to my mama about, mister?

On another note, because I don't think I was around at the time, what were the problems with Owl's Well? It seems to be on everypony's hate list, while I always thought it was fine (if not anywhere near the top)
    I dislike that the entire second, important half looks like its supposed to be a dream sequence. But that's my only real gripe.

Oh wait, no. Early on everypony was all "Twilight, this may cause problems. You should speak to Spike because he is young and may be hurt" and her response is "Pfffffft nah he will be fine. Hey, wanna see me gush over his replacement for another couple hours?"

Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really not seeing how this is anything other than in-character for season 1 Fluttershy.*

It's a key part of her character, Like the ever-confident Rainbow Dash secretly having crippling self-belief issues, the Party Pony never being entirely confident that her friends might not just abandon her if she stops being fun for a minute, rarity's struggle with her materialistic nature, etc etc
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, I thought that scene was out of charscter for Fluttershy, too. There just doesn't seem to be enough exposition on it. At the Gala, it was a gag taken to extremes that did nothing by tarnish the poor lass' reputation. In this episode, it's just someone going "hey, she's gone psycho before! Let's use that again!". If it is a part of her character, that means that every representation of Flutterahy I've ever seen is wrong. Every. One.

That strikes me as a travesty that the design team would avoid; to create a deep and nuanced character and then not only never show it but provide a subtle mockery of the depth that is there only in the creator's notes.

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    All in all, this episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Was good. Being more assertive without losing your identity is a good lesson to learn at any age. I, myself, have *a friend who changed his personality completely after such "self-help" sessions, so this one kind of hits close.

Anyway, seeing doormat-Fluttershy trying to stand up for herself and failing was funny. And Pinkie stole the show with her "Rabbit Season" routine.

Is our favorite gray mailmare in this one? I must have missed her.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aye, a lot of self-help stuff goes way over the top, to the point o advocating abuse. I've seen a lot of "Be the Alpha Male" and "Score with All the Fillies" texts that may work, but make you a horrible human being.

And the Rabbit seasons / Duck Seasons thing was gold.

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS~!

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    fluttershy apparently doesn't have a whole lot of money.*
    if 2 bits are a fair price for cider, and it's 1-2 bits for tomatoes, i think that puts a bit at about 1-2 dollars.

ignoring the price gouging, that she doesn't have the equivalent of 20$ is troubling.
    I still say two bits is a Quarter. Not that that makes it any better...

Hey, lost a Thanquote. Better go find it... Oh I lost two of 'Em... Hm.

Episode

Spoiler
    Show
    I do not know what you people are on about. This was one of my favourite episodes

The comedy just worked, every step of the way. Pinkie's showdown with Iron Will was excellent. Fluttershy tying herself up in her house was hysterical. The introduction was amazing - the entire thing had me laughing start to finish. Excellent episode, loved every minute.
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am only surprised, very mildly, that you enjoyed this episode but found Mare Do Well tedious. The both require the same level of filling in blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies have always been jerks
    [SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    aye, this was a big thing back when you first started competing for fiction prominence.

Oddly enough, Nopony seems to have caught why.
    Iron Will has been giving this seminar for years and Nopony has EVER been dissatisfied. Which means all of Ponyville thinks this is a legitimate method of interaction! Blueblood could have been whispering "You dig for my gold, I'll call you old!" all night while hoping to snare the love of his life through hai obvious skill at assertiveness...

Wow this is a terrible theory why am I grinning so much? XD

Thoughts on Ep/Season 2:*

Spoiler
    Show

See, for me, a lot of the season 2 episodes were really really really weak. *Like, Over a Barrel would have been in the top 80th percentile in season 2, in my humble opinion. *So this episode was a typical example of it. *The problem I have, in my opinion, is that the writers spend more time trying to play to the internet fans than keeping the characters... in character. *People say they don't like the CMC episodes or Mare Do Well. *Those for me have been the highlights of the season for me, because none of them had moments that made me say "Who is this Pony who's impersonating Applejack" or the like. *The first 5 episodes or so of Season 2 were, for me, not worth watching. *Part of the reason I left was because I didn't feel like going back here to be negative all the time. *Only since about February has the season been batting better than a 50% average for me. *

And that was especially true here. *This felt like such a step back for the whole cast involved, except Pinkie. *When I said I felt Fluttershy was ruined, I wasn't kidding. *The previous times she'd gone into jerky territory, she was under immense stress or was under mind control. *Here, I didn't think she had an excuse. It just demonstrated what some of my friends had pointed out to me before: noone in real life is that shy and cute unless they're trying to get something. *And now I'll be thinking that about her in the back of my mind forever. *
    Again, I agree. Not enough for it to impact my liking of the series or the episodes, but noticeable.

Yes, yes I do. *I should have been more careful with my wording there. *It just seemed like they went too extreme with it for it to be believable, and they went from "Fluttershy can stand up to a bear, so therefore she doesn't have shyness problems I can learn about this week" to "OH GOD STOP STOP HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"
    The bear neck/snap was indeed a bit over the top. I felt the same way when Pinkie dropped the lantern on Cranky Doodle's photo album. I quite literally trough my hands above my head and stared at the results like watching a train wreck. That went from wacky and bothersome to seriously and detrimentally impacting somepony's life, nd that made me double take. The bear neck snap was almost as severe a shock.

Frankly, I kinda wish they'd dropped the main cast and done schooltime adventures with the CMC and the rest of Ms. Cherilee's class. *They haven't made a bad episode about them this season. *I don't know if it's because the new crop of writers get the kids better, or if it's a matter of who gets assigned what script, but those have been my favorites. *

Which I know is heresy for some people, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em. *I'd rather rage at the writers for sidelining my beloved main 6 than rage at them for misusing them.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I disagree. I don't think thy are really ruining the mane cast, though the cartoony nature is a bit much at times. But I do think they could benefit from bringing the CMC into their own, instead of "those fillies we get while waiting for the real stars" which has been slowly happening.

Although I can blame my like of Sweetie Belle on Welf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    There's only been one new writer this season, and she hasn't done any Crusaders episodes (hers were Mare-do-Well, Hearth's Warming Eve, and Putting Your Hoof Down).

Zevox
    Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Interesting. If I recall reactions correctly, two unpopulars and a neutral.
    Yeah. That's strange.

There's good speculation/rationalization and there's bad speculation/rationalization. *

Good speculation: Why does the train need ponies to pull it? *That resulted in some fun theories and discussion. *Little foundational thoughts about how the fantasy world works are fun and makes the show engaging. *

Bad speculation: Why is Character X acting so wildly out of keeping with their past behavior? *However that discussion goes, it's because someone messed up. *Either the viewer didn't understand, or the writer didn't care.
    Hmmm. Now I have to wonder how I comport myself. Good words to ruminate on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    *GAAAAAASSSSPPPP*

We disagree? Well, I don't know where you think you are mister, but this is ponythread, and there is only one possible course of action given these circumstances ...

Spoiler
    Show

Hugs at 30 paces, pick your weapon ... I mean your pony!
    Spoiler
    Show
    DBC: "I pick... The cute one!"

DarthBobcat eventually dies peacefully in his sleep at the age of 247, while Blastech continues to try and figure out which one is the cute one. Blastech's descendants settle their blood cued by carving a troll face into DBC's tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So, not to take away from the season discussion (which, ah, I kinda have to strenuously disagree with a lot of the negativity about the season, to be completely frank, but that's not what I'm here to talk about), everypony should know the real life news at the moment:

I've moved. I've moved away from my old place, to a place that's actually in the city, just down the road from where I work. It's about a 15-30ish minute bus ride, rather than a 2 1/2 hour extravaganza of horribleness, and the buses run all night. So, life should be a /little/ easier for me. ^^
    Hey, th-

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hey, that's excellent! I've been just waiting for your life to solidify enough for you to be able to move closer to your workplace, and I just know that's going to cut so much of the energy draining nonsense out of your day. I'm looking forward to getting to see more of your around the interwebs, and seeing you with more energy when I do.*

Congratulations, Esper! =D
    Oh man. Thanqol, Phoe, Esper, DBC, and here I'm making a bunch of quotes. If Raz_Fox doesn't make a joke about harem pants in the next 24 hours I may explode. Twice.

PhoeKun has resumed her habit of saying more eloquently and quickly what I myself would like to. I am scarily pleased with this arrangement.

Also, my B-Day is actually March 11, so one week from today.
    Eeeexcellent. Let the planning commence.

*Squee*

Hey that's *Phoe'd*
    Oh man, even Thanqol is beating me to my points! XD

I'm not going to enter this S2 debate; people have pointed out that they hate things that I adore and like things that I detest regularly enough for me to realise that there is no common ground in taste between us. Suffice to say I've loved the vast majority of S2 and think that the ratio of bad to good is almost exactly the same as S1. I also think the statement that they're ruining their worldbuilding is madness but I'm not going to get into that either.
    Oh, I think the ratio is the same as well. But a good fruit isn't a good vegetable, y'know? If there was a definite shift I could cope. If it was identical, I could cope. But as it is it rides the razor's edge, leaving me scared and confused. I give it a C+; won't burn it to the ground, but also not going to share my immortality serum.

Which is for the best. The serum is less an immortality drug, and more melted licorice and feta cheese. Terrible stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    Yes.

Yes.

Yeees.

And beside that, if you are apologizing for your behaviour here I think I should be too.
    Sorry everypony, I do not intend to remain this negative.
    You can't help it, you're undead! I can't be mad at you for that. Profiling is bad u.u

I am now the first author to get two entries in the Pony Fiction Vault. Go me!

Also, Esperderek. Congrats Esper!
    There's a pony fiction vault?

I'm glad I dropped out of our pony competition death match, or else I'd be jealous. *

... what's a pony fiction vault?
    ... I'm glad to see you dropped out of the arms race or I would be dead. There are levels of writing skill that man and pony weren't meant to know!

... Wait what? Like Hel I'll let self preservation stop decent folks from making excellent works! You can tell I'm tired when I mix up jokes and serious discussion >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Apropos of nothing, have we seen or heard from Cloudsdale since Discord maybe-destroyed it in the Season 2 pilot? Because I'm starting to get a little worried...
    I laughed very hard at this. And then got slapped by a Braz and one of my cats for it. I hope you're happy! XD

Haven't we established by this point that our suggestions are useless? Let's continue discussion about Rainbow Soprano instead and save ourselves three pages of the thread.
    Recognizing when a fight is worth picking should not be this much of a struggle.

*Dramatically throws his notes aside in the middle of class, begins planning pony fanfiction*
    I... I have to ask. Did you actually do this?

Also, ponythread flimflam mafia song round robin?

I feel as though I've come home.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    This one has my vote.

Also, if you guys haven't read this, I highly recommend you do so now.
    I read it. It made me angry because it was better than the similar fic I wrote a couple weeks ago. But I enjoyed it.

And Sweetie-bot is my favorite background pony meme. Don't especially care about Lyra, so I'd have to go with Trollestia as my second favorite.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Howdy everypony! Just popping my head in to say I'm still alive, don't worry. Work's been hectic and IRC has taken up a lot of my time (you ponies over there are crazy). I'm gonna try to be more active over here again though!

Also, for those of you who are new, Hi! I'm Jade!
    That's a good idea, I'll do the same. Hello

(and fortunately I can save time on catching up with SiuiS' Megaquotepost)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Litewarrior beat me to it, didn't notice next to the SiuS quote wall. I'll leave this here anyway in case someone scrolls to the wrong part of the page.

Soras hasn't been posting here for a bit (sadly), so in the interest of being useful, here's all the ponymotes. No, I did not fix the typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    New ponythread taste, same great ponymote filling:

Spoiler
    Show
    Original Batch
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0bxcP.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0yCfw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1aYkh.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2c0gc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2E2Va.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2lTPE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4sZHM.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/59s2M.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6ZURl.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9QvF1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aRDpW.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BLHA3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BsGGR.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CXTge.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CYF9U.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cUkh2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DrMmg.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Dy4NS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d0kUL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dB204.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dNltC.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EAqtS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EvxT1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eO5lW.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/etKD7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eYwWG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fhwi8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gEfq6.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gHCeL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gMCGS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JmPL5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jaolo.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jgqXQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KtAOH.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kdR94.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LWZja.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LxdwA.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l00rv.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lI36x.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N2nfK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NOiOY.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Npxit.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nKrHQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OAaIA.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o7rww.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pi5Ee.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pUT8r.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RBgwp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ROEne.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RsI1d.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RZwfo.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SUOfJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/U1RF1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UwGCn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xJr4u.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xNUoP.png[/IMG]

MCerberus
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/01zSq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1Z2vG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2X8Vx.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/36YEA.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3jjwj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5EqX7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CNGSZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DBY1G.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Fgxws.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fLpgR.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Hfg2x.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HhIbn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h4XfE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Jn3vj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jNLDQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KwcDX.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kpJsp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lJFOJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lSNiD.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lytME.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O6p2H.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OqjNV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oGJH8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oRBHJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ptAf0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vZNbC.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/w3dl4.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XiHXp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xk85S.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z2C9W.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Z4XPE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZLzTn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zFwEx.png[/IMG]

Crazy!Twi
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r63WE.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PDKIo.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/viCkZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tuSLw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/U8SiV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZiOZ1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xrtxn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WcmCY.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TzVou.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Sy0s7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uvyb4.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tudfp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Siwuj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sp5Tb.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vlJi6.gif[/IMG]

Kyouhen Series feat. Ninja Pinkie!
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/th_NinjaPinkie.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/NinjaSurprise.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/PinkieSwear.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/trollestia2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/trollestia.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/Gummicle.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/alfalficon1.png[/IMG][noparse]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Balthasar_Gelt/alfalficon2.png[/IMG]

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rs4hd.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PBYX5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/272/4/b/liarjack_da_avatar_by_metalbeersolid-d4bc9sj.gif[/IMG]

Seekrit Pony Projekt
    Spoiler
    Show
    1-20
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/03Pwr.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0Mw2v.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2u0gC.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3JXCg.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3q7O2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/459jt.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4ii5U.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4XyuH.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4zrN3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6SgQp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/74j15.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7Yvwk.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8u4Rl.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9SkHu.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AKUeV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ala5e.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AruGN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BgqS5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/b5xPJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CEUYj.png[/IMG]

21-40
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D4C8X.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DrSYq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dDGKR.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eCLn3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ecXwG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/erYVj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ev5Dd.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f2s0G.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G1lsp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G5T9W.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G8QfD.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GOn25.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g0EB2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HKmyu.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h4OtT.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hdG5a.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hdXfp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hfXmw.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hleys.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I0AiJ.png[/IMG]

41-60
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iSsYc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JBZDO.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ji01D.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jDb4v.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jhfF7.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jq6VL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KLXX3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/k7yr1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kETPz.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LIUMV.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LKAKZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Lz5uj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l6Dif.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ldfV9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lPGoS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lT2IO.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mssk8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NInKh.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O73if.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OPCUO.png[/IMG]

61-80
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o1ROT.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o3OrQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PgZ79.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/p0HjG.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pKw2V.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Qd0KM.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QLOYp.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qxCE8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rytqf.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SSEx1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s1GzN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tFh1l.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tVg4z.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/twJKI.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/us0sn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uwvgS.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VgP1Y.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VlAck.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VNjBL.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Vthb5.png[/IMG]

81-100
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VYSqq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vbM5o.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W0vnZ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/w4Pts.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RYTpi.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wQyc8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/X0pML.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XCdKc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XiHdB.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XzZ1f.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xl9dK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YecKj.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YWDIv.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/y50oz.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yW4zF.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZHvPK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZOCXB.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zhFvk.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zRC21.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zw5OF.png[/IMG]

101-112
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Tqo43.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MPjbO.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/shj2N.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1h9Zx.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EK1lN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qW2jc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NcSma.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JpnZc.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fsqkv.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CgffQ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VwCqN.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hwHGZ.png[/IMG]

113-124 (Luna Series)
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Mm1dn.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gN9Ou.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rW0xK.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rzrj5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s8D5o.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lEtTg.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KXIJq.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oRdYJ.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hNTy5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KyWk8.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZeYyu.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L3ZSw.png[/IMG]

Oh and @SiuS regarding taxes: The problem there is that if you realize what they're doing, it kind of ruins the emotional impact. The IRS has structured the system in order to take extra money and then give it back. Because money has value through time due to earning interest, the time that the IRS holds your money is costing you additional money. So, when I see a tax refund, I don't think "oh hey, unexpected cash," I think "Oh darn it, I messed up the calculation and lost a few dollars as a result."

Oh, also reposting this from pg 50 of the last thread, because showtunes are awesome, and I might do this for more songs.

"Luck be a Filly Tonight" (Can't think of a good way to ponify Frank Sinatra, help me out here thread)

Spoiler
    Show
    They call you filly luck
    But there is room for doubt
    At times you have a very unfilly-like
    waaay of trotting out

You're on this date with me
    The Apples have been lush
    And yet before the evening is over
    your tail gives me the brush

You might forget your manner
    You might refuse to stay
    and so the best that a colt can do is pray

Luck be a filly tonight
    Luck be a filly tonight
    Luck if you've ever been a filly to begin with
    Luck be a filly tonight

Luck, let a gentlecolt see
    Just how a nice mare can be
    I know the way you've treated other colts that you have been with
    but luck be a filly with me

A filly never leaves her escort
    It isn't loving, It isn't tolerant
    A filly doesn't canter all over the town
    and blow on some other pony's dice

Let's keep this party polite
    Never get out of my sight
    Stick with me filly, I'm the colt that you came in with
    luck be a filly tonight

A lady never flirts with strange ponies
    She'd have a heart, she'd be...nice
    a filly doesn't canter all over the town
    and blow on some other pony's dice

Let's keep this party polite
    Never get out of my sight
    Stick with me filly, I'm the colt that you came in with
    luck be a filly tonight
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-03-05 at 03:45 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

17. - Top - End - #17

Question: Is Woona a crazy fan personality or an entirely different pony at this point?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I read it. It made me angry because it was better than the similar fic I wrote a couple weeks ago. But I enjoyed it.
    FWIW, I had more fun reading yours.

And that's the third fanfic I read in last 6 weeks. Which is 1 fanfic more than the preceding six years. I am not sure how I feel about this.
    Truth resists simplicity.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

SiuiS:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, there is the old cartoon stand-by of more time passing than is explicitly laid out, as evinced by the morning scenes where Fluttershy is giving herself a pep-talk in the mirror and her friends seem more depressed and less fed in each shot. There is also the sudden 'leaves falling from trees and house being boarded up' thing which takes time, so... Yeah.
    Even assuming that to be so, they failed at communicating it effectively, and as I said I doubt I'd buy those events even with a much longer setup.

I also still fully believe Discord Mind/bent the lot of them, no coercion actually happened and his talk and games were for his amusement before he just magi-zapped his targets. But that's kind of irrelevant.
    Oh, I have little doubt of that - that's pretty much exactly what Fluttershy's scene in that episode was there to show us I'd say. Still, she's the one that he completely failed to affect without his magic, which makes it all the harder for me to buy Fluttershy changing into that of her own volition and without even realizing it.

Originality is also not a virtue we expect from MLP, as such. Predictable stories are fine, so long as they are well executed. So that you could predict the entire sequences doesn't really detract from its value. I could see this altering how much other variables detract from its value however.
    Key part there. This episode was not well-executed in my opinion. Just bland at its best, uncomfortable and unbelievable at its worst. I think the only part that got a smile out of me was Pinkie's looney toons bit, and that only first time (as others have said, re-using that later in the same episode was not a good idea).

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-03-05 at 04:12 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #20

Question: Is Woona a crazy fan personality or an entirely different pony at this point?
    Depends, Woobie Luna was a fan response to the lack of Luna presence in season 1. It shows her as a lonely pony that only had her sister there for her. Filly woona is usually depicted as silly and happy and slightly awkward while with Celestia, while mare Woona was remorseful and also socially awkward.

That fact is, Luna Eclipsed didn't really contradict the Woona depiction, it added to it. Now we have lonely, awkward, remorseful, hammy and proud Luna WITH CANTERLOT VOICE! As a result, Mare luna has become the canon Princess of the night that we love while filly luna has been relegated to the current woona depiction.

Both are awsome and while one may burst your eardrum, the other will melt your heart and destroy your pancreas.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh man. Thanqol, Phoe, Esper, DBC, and here I'm making a bunch of quotes. If Raz_Fox doesn't make a joke about harem pants in the next 24 hours I may explode. Twice.

PhoeKun has resumed her habit of saying more eloquently and quickly what I myself would like to. I am scarily pleased with this arrangement.
    Are my sartorial proclivities truly that diaphanous?
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

my two cents on season two: Overall the season has been weaker than season 1. But it had very good ones, like Sweet and Elite, one of my favourites.

One thing I noted is the lack of good antagonists. Not villains, we had a good one with Disquord. I mean characters on the same level of power like the mane cast, like the Gilda, Blueblood or the notorious and famous Trixie. That neither of those, especially Trixie, showed up again so far is a big loss for the season. Neither the Flim Flam brothers or or someone else could really substitute them. Instead we have a series nice and cute side characters like Pipsqueak or the Baby Cakes.
    Last edited by Welf; 2012-03-05 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #23

Yes. In all ways, Kairaven hit the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Both are awsome and while one may burst your eardrum, the other will melt your heart and destroy your pancreas.
    If you can hear the abacus, you're already dead?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #25

If you can hear the abacus, you're already dead?
    That just means that she want's you to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Me too, I've loved the three he's done so far, just TS and AJ left to do (unless he decides to give Flutters her own one since she was kind of co-opted into Dashies)

I'm pretty sure he plans on giving Fluttershy her own comic. The note she left said she had things to do anyway. Did you see his journal entry about this comic? It's pretty interesting how much the fandom can skew our perspective of things that are meant to be innocent and touching in the show.

I don't think so, at least not on the surface of it. I did, however, spot one or two pony references in this comic.
    Really? I don't see it.

On your point regarding Angel. New-ep (possibly mature topic overanalysis?):

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not meant to be funny. At least that's what I'm starting to think after musing on that ep for a while. I mean are you aware the background of the slogan "No means No"? It's basically a catchcry for anti-violence/rape movements.

Stick that together with how Flutters is treated this whole episode, and it becomes more and more like a whole episode devoted to tackling the topic of domestic abuse or taking advantage of women and the consequences of that. (In this case, Flutters ended up thinking that abuse to be the norm and taking it to the outside world, in this case Pinkie and Rarity.)

Rarity and Pinkie try to blame Iron Will for it, but Flutters correctly identifies that it's not his fault, it's hers. (Not to say this is true in 100% of the above cases, of course, but I think it was in this one. IW is just a self-help seminar guy doing his job) Kudos to the writers for that.

In fact, the more I think on it, the more I can't help seeing this as a very difficult topic that the writers have decided to put into a kids show. And despite my issues with the pacing I cannot fault them for having the guts to do that and recognise the need for subtlety in that regard.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm, that's an interesting way to look at it. And now I want to know what was going through Studio B's heads when they were working on this episode, because if that really was their goal that's quite an impressive bit of work.

And I liked Iron Will for that very reason. Does he even actually count as an antagonist? I swear my favourite part about him is when he's leaving Fluttershy's house and starts talking about adding "No means no" to his next seminar. He stops being the big tough guy and starts just being someone trying to give ponies advice.

Frankly, I kinda wish they'd dropped the main cast and done schooltime adventures with the CMC and the rest of Ms. Cherilee's class. They haven't made a bad episode about them this season. I don't know if it's because the new crop of writers get the kids better, or if it's a matter of who gets assigned what script, but those have been my favorites.

Which I know is heresy for some people, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'd rather rage at the writers for sidelining my beloved main 6 than rage at them for misusing them.
    Yeah, they've been doing great with the CMC this season. I'm still hoping Scootaloo gets an episode though. Poor little neglected pegasus.

Non-spoiler image dump:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well played sir.

And the Neutral one, they avoided the issue of OOCness because for most of the episode was about characters the main 6 were playing.

What? I liked Mare Do Well, but I know that nobody else in the known world did. CR on That Guy With The Glasses did a whole review talking about how much he didn't like that one episode.
    I liked it...

Wait, does that mean I live somewhere that isn't in the known world? AM I AN EXPLORER?!
    ...I need a Daring Do set of ponymotes. Maybe I'll try making some today.

Also, I did like Rarity's episodes this season. Rainbow Dash's... I had entirely subjective reasons for wanting the falcon to win that race. I felt like they foreshadowed the turtle too strongly, which for me was the kiss of death on it, and I didn't like the song, but I can't objectively say it was a bad episode. Reading Rainbow was alright too. Dash had some okay episodes this season, with the objectively strongest getting on my nerves for reasons that I am perfectly willing to admit are completely subjective.
    A-HA! I was wondering what you thought of the falcon being in that episode. You just weren't around at the time and I didn't want to bother you with pony stuff when you were taking a break from it. Then I forgot. But now I know!

*GAAAAAASSSSPPPP*

We disagree? Well, I don't know where you think you are mister, but this is ponythread, and there is only one possible course of action given these circumstances ...

Spoiler
    Show

Hugs at 30 paces, pick your weapon ... I mean your pony!
    Pssst, bobcat. Pick Pinkie Pie, she's actually capable of hugging at 30 paces. You can't lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was surprised to see the two together, but they played off each other quite well, I think.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think they chose Pinkie Pie and Rarity because they're the least likely to take the type of treatment Fluttershy was getting and actually do something about it. If someone tried overcharging Applejack or Twilight they'd probably just take their business elsewhere. Not too sure how Rainbow would react, but it would either be heavy intimidation or outright rage and either way Fluttershy isn't likely to learn anything good from it.

More spoilers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Up to the end I thought is was a brilliant pseudo-scam: If the pony hasn't learned assertiveness, they'd obviously pay up. And if they had learned assertiveness... they'd also pay. Then it turned out Iron Will was exactly as bright as he looked, and I was slightly sad.

Still think he's a really fun character.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    The key thing to note though is that it still is a good pseudo-scam. The key thing was he wasn't concerned about Fluttershy learning assertiveness, he was concerned about her being satisfied. It's just a given that anyone who goes to his seminars wants to be more assertive and as such will be satisfied when it works. Fluttershy took his advice to the extreme and ended up not being satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So, not to take away from the season discussion (which, ah, I kinda have to strenuously disagree with a lot of the negativity about the season, to be completely frank, but that's not what I'm here to talk about), everypony should know the real life news at the moment:

I've moved. I've moved away from my old place, to a place that's actually in the city, just down the road from where I work. It's about a 15-30ish minute bus ride, rather than a 2 1/2 hour extravaganza of horribleness, and the buses run all night. So, life should be a /little/ easier for me. ^^
    Huzzah! Now it'll be easier to stalk you hunt you down and force you to hang out!

... so. First pony fanon creation of 2012: the Pegasus Mafia.
    Why does every conversation in this thread end in a mafia?

Haven't we established by this point that our suggestions are useless? Let's continue discussion about Rainbow Soprano instead and save ourselves three pages of the thread.

And on that note, Rainbow Soprano is such a catchy name I find myself wanting to write that story. How would the plot go?
    Like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I REGRET NOTHING!

EDIT: LLLLLOOOOOOOWWW-KKEEEYYY!
    I get the feeling I did a thing. I'm not sure which thing I did, but apparently it happened. I should probably stop doing things, or at least doing so many things so I can keep track of which thing people are cursing.
    Nah.

See, I could give you this information. I really could. But I don't think anyone except maybe Lix or Kindablue want me to.
    And me. You forgot me. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know.

It extends a cone of multicolored confetti amidst a spray of crepe paper streamers.
    Just saying, the actual Streamers spell lasts several rounds and creates several magical streamers that cause 5d6 damage every time the target takes an action. Any action. Maybe we should name this one Pinkie's Streamer Spray or something. No wait! Pinkie's Instant Party!

Oh wow you drew that? Fabulous!
    Derpy Day for me consisted of covert joy spreading.

[Friendship Report] [Images]
    Spoiler
    Show

Derpy day involved going to work, for me, so I had to get creative. The muffin was easy, but the rest? I'd dropped the ball on writing a note for Thanqol to print out (as spending that time wih my filly took precedence) so I still had Derp!face and note sending to do.

My pocket Derpy kept me happy, but only garnered approximately two questions, one of which was "is that from World of Warcraft or something?". Saying it was a pony clammed the querent up right quick sadly.

This helped satisfy some of the requirements, but not all. So I wrote a couple notes on sticky pad and slapped them on the counter. "Life is short; Have a muffin!", "Life is awesome because [u]you[/i] are awesome~" and "Sometimes you just have to smile, it's free and it makes the day better". The first was mine, the second written on behalf of other folks. When people asked about the notes, I told them it was an unofficial holiday; Derpy Day, where you enjoy a muffin and send a nice note to someone just because (I left out the Derp!face because my pitch had a time limit). And these notes were inspired by others who read my first note, would you like to write something to cheer up other folks? It stopped at three and Nopony else decided to write anything
    I had more muffin and began working on a plan.

Well, that wouldn't do. It soon became clear that most folks didn't even notice the notes. I needed something more, something better.

I settled on hugs.

Cobbling together the mental faculties necessary (all we had was decaf! Don't judge me!) I transformed the take a penny leave a penny tray into a hug inspiring machine - sort of.

This got more attention, that drew eyes down to the rest of the notes. Still no additions, but! I got several folks to leave with a smile though they came with a scowl. That's what matters right?

The Derp!face happened but went Uncommented on. Seems pointing out someone has a Derp!face legitimate medical condition is taboo. *shrug*

Yeah, this is why I avoided mentioning Derpy Day was pony-based when I was passing around muffins. Saying that you're celebrating a holiday created for My Little Pony is a pretty quick way to get some strange looks unless people are aware of the fact that this is not the MLP they think it is. And in an environment where half the people there can hear anything you say it can very quickly scare everyone out of participating.

Still, sounds like at least you had some fun. Derpy definitely seems happy there, and awesome job with the hugs jar thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the character was hilarious. Enough to make an average episode into a fairly entertaining one. His voice, his moves, his use of the third person, his ability to break the forth wall (leaving even Pinkie confused, to boot!). Great lines, too.

Iron Will collects... now.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

You gave me an idea. That's a bad thing.

So in one of the D&D campaigns I'm in I've got a Goliath Warblade/Dungeoncrasher Fighter who's going into Hulking Hurler and Bloodstorm Blade. He isn't high enough level to get into either prestige class yet, so I've built him to specialize in bull rushing. His only weapon is his adamantine armour spikes, and he specializes in knocking enemies around the battlefield and breaking down walls. He actually escaped a difficult combat by plowing through the walls of a building that was clearly supposed to be a dungeon-like thing, leading to massive hilarity as every time he knocked down a wall he found himself standing in a room with progressively more terrifying monsters. When he finally broke back out of there he was being chased by a small army of fast, intelligent undead things.

His name is Boulder, and he refers to himself as The Boulder. Anyone who's seen Avatar: The Last Airbender should get the reference because that's exactly who I based him on. When that little mini-campaign is finished I'm going to transfer him over to one of the main campaigns, but he's going to be a Minotaur instead.

Dictionary Belle?

Sweetie Dictionary?

Either way, she's a book! She's attained Twilight's dream!
    Well I think we all know who Twilight's favourite is now.

This is what I love about the fandom. So many different ways of spelling "Rarity".
    Did I mention I love everyone in this thread? You guys are all awesome. Just thought I'd share that.

"Season 2 Finally Ruined My Fanon".
    Ha, I kid, I kid.
    I'll throw a vote in for there is no Pegasus mafia, though.
    I swear that's turned into the greatest running joke this thread's every had. I'm sure we'll get around to using that one sometime halfway through Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

You sure are Woona, you sure are. You can even be the first pony to go to the moon!

...I regret everything.

EDIT: one more:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like her taste of weapons. Who needs to aim when you can just spray-and-pray?

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is another instance of somepony else hitting the nail on the head. Season two of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic feels like any ol' cartoon. That may be because familiarity breeds contempt. It may be because I find the fan universe a bit more compelling (though only just; mythic medieval Equestria has literally made me salivate for more world-building), it may be because the quality has actually shifted. But it's palpable, and that makes me sad.

I think the main thing about Season 2 is that Season 1 was an experiment. Studio B had no idea what they were doing going into this. Making a My Little Pony show couldn't be too hard, it's been done a dozen times before. The problem is they wanted to break away from the MLP everyone was used to and make something different. Season 1 is the result of them not quite being sure what they could get away with and how things would be taken. Control over Season 1 was clearly much tighter, with very little experimentation so they could test the waters and see what people thought. Of course, because of how long it takes to make an episode, they couldn't really make much in the way of changes mid-season. The result is a season devoted to establishing who the characters were. After all, making a little episode showing a key point about a character's personality is relatively safe, if people don't like it it's either because they don't like the show as a whole or don't like the character. They don't have to worry about people disliking the show/episode because of [x].

This is what we're seeing in Season 2. They're experimenting more with what they can put in an episode. They've seen how popular the show is and now have a better idea of what they can get away with. You'll notice most of the complaints about any episode tends to end up being about an item that shouldn't be there (the dam), a topic that people don't like seeing (Putting Your Hoof Down), or them just having more fun with certain sequences (superpower baby scene). My personal gripe with it right now is almost entirely that Fluttershy is more animated and louder than she was in Season 1. Otherwise what I'm trying to say is that people don't complain about the characters themselves unless they're acting out of character, and the characters were all there really was in Season 1. They're still here in Season 2, but there's been more layers added on top of that. The show has changed, but it's more of a natural evolution thing. Some things have gotten worse, some have gotten better (so many songs). I don't find this season to be bad at all, just different. The real question is where are they going to go from here? Will they continue to add more layers and experiment more, or will they take what they've learned from Season 2 and bring it more in line with Season 1? If they took the best parts of both seasons then Season 3 could be truly amazing.

EDIT: Another complaint most people seem to have is with the pacing of the episodes. I'm marking that down as further support of them simply adding more to the episodes.

Also I'm totally not blaming any of these changes on Lauren leaving. I know her leaving has had an effect on the show, it's impossible for it not to have, but it's extremely rare that any show can go two seasons in a row without having the show change direction in some way. We're just seeing the natural evolution of a show. Happens all the time.

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, I thought that scene was out of charscter for Fluttershy, too. There just doesn't seem to be enough exposition on it. At the Gala, it was a gag taken to extremes that did nothing by tarnish the poor lass' reputation. In this episode, it's just someone going "hey, she's gone psycho before! Let's use that again!". If it is a part of her character, that means that every representation of Flutterahy I've ever seen is wrong. Every. One.

That strikes me as a travesty that the design team would avoid; to create a deep and nuanced character and then not only never show it but provide a subtle mockery of the depth that is there only in the creator's notes.

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I see Fluttershy's rage as being part of her character. Even as early as Dragonshy we see her being pushed around a lot. Nopony listens to her and the few times they acknowledge her existence it's because they want her to do something and don't really care what her opinion on the matter is. Nobody can take the type of abuse she has to put up with and just shrug it off. That type of thing stays with a person, and we see it come out a bit in the episodes when she does stand up against someone. Normally this only comes out when it's her friends that are being abused, but she can only take so much herself.

The main problem with rage!Fluttershy is that they don't really hint at any of it. It tends to end up looking like Fluttershy's just bipolar or something, where she's either really quiet or completely insane. It would help if they gave her a scene or two like they gave Rainbow Dash, (specifically in Mare Do Well) where she has a moment or two alone to let us see what's inside before putting on her face and facing the day. Actually, they could have done this in the same episode at the start. Have Fluttershy see the gardener watering her flowers, have her go on a bit of a rant about how he keeps messing up her garden and how annoying it is, have her go out and confront him and have her promptly revert to her normal self and back off.

...Come to think of it that would probably have been a huge improvement to the episode. Replace Angel and the market scene with Fluttershy dealing with the mailpony and the gardener and failing. Then we have a little more context when she goes after them again later in the episode, and we see that she really does have a full range of emotions she just isn't confident enough to express them to others.

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    aye, this was a big thing back when you first started competing for fiction prominence.

Oddly enough, Nopony seems to have caught why.
    Iron Will has been giving this seminar for years and Nopony has EVER been dissatisfied. Which means all of Ponyville thinks this is a legitimate method of interaction! Blueblood could have been whispering "You dig for my gold, I'll call you old!" all night while hoping to snare the love of his life through hai obvious skill at assertiveness...

Wow this is a terrible theory why am I grinning so much? XD

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is an amusing theory there. All the antagonists secretly went to one of Iron Will's seminars and just didn't quite go right.

Really though it just looks to me that it's a case of everyone who ever became assertive from the seminar has been satisfied. He was aware of the fact that Fluttershy had grown a spine, and assumed that she'd be as happy as everyone else he's helped. I really doubt that 100% of the people who go to the first seminar (which is the only one we've actually seen) end up going to the rest.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Are my sartorial proclivities truly that diaphanous?
    diaphanous
    diaphonous
    Spoiler
    Show

? and this is when I regret not drawing more harem Raz. Or at least of being able to find it fast enough.
    EDIT: CONFOUND YOU RAZ. I'm looking through a google image search of harem pants. I can't stop. whhaaaaat have you dooooonnne?
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-03-05 at 05:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

It was professionally done, friend. Don't sell yourself short; I saw the header on a site (wasn't eqD, think it was a blog) and had to double-take when I realized 'wait, I don't remember this being in the show...'.
    Thanks, I'm always pleased when people mistake my art for actual screenshots Although I'm sure it's not as impressive as it might seem. I don't really consider myself that great of an artist, certainly nowhere near some of the people who tend to get that kind of recognition on a regular basis. But I am very happy when people enjoy what I do.

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    what? What? What?

You guys like the worst voice they give the poor lass, and now that she has a voice that doesn't sound like a snooty 55 year old you dislike the change?

I heartily disagree, and will engage in an art duel to defend well-voiced Bon-Bon's honor if need be! This was the best voice they've ever given to her! It was perfect for the scene, perfect for the pony... I love it. My favorite pony just got a decent voice, she did!
    It appears we must respectfully disagree, Sir.

[Image]
    Spoiler
    Show

W-what are you talking to my mama about, mister?
    Just... you know, offering a little help around the house. Like greeting visitors and cleaning their boots. Yup, that's it.

I dislike that the entire second, important half looks like its supposed to be a dream sequence. But that's my only real gripe.

Oh wait, no. Early on everypony was all "Twilight, this may cause problems. You should speak to Spike because he is young and may be hurt" and her response is "Pfffffft nah he will be fine. Hey, wanna see me gush over his replacement for another couple hours?"
    Dream sequence? Huh. I suppose I might watch it again.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    my two cents on season two: Overall the season has been weaker than season 1. But it had very good ones, like Sweet and Elite, one of my favourites.

One thing I noted is the lack of good antagonists. Not villains, we had a good one with Disquord. I mean characters on the same level of power like the mane cast, like the Gilda, Blueblood or the notorious and famous Trixie. That neither of those, especially Trixie, showed up again so far is a big loss for the season. Neither the Flim Flam brothers or or someone else could really substitute them. Instead we have a series nice and cute side characters like Pipsqueak or the Baby Cakes.
    If I had to differentiate between season 1 and 2 antagonist role, I'd have to say that the difference is between External antagonism and Internal antagonism. Season one had many external threats and challenges to overcome Starting with nightmare moon, dragons, trixie, guilda, competitions and parasprites.

Season two however, the threats comes from within, even Discord episodes is mostly about the discorded ponies themselves. The world is peaceful, the threats to friendship are now internal conflicts, a hurtful remark, a dismissed concern, distracting priorities, and ignored advices.

If we still think of the show as teaching friendship, then this is valuable lessons that show the dangers that even now plagues the brony communities themselves. It's easy to unite against an external threat but can you truely follow the ways of friendship when it's your friends themselves that caused the hurt? It's an uncomfortable subjects that many can't quite answer, how do your friendship stand when put to the test?

I think this uncomfortable question is souring somepony's perception, so much so that the minor new changes of the season becomes a scapegoat to channel the fraustration on. Sure some of the changes are not good, but it's not bad either. At least not bad enough to cause everything that was good to turn bad and cause one to quit. (I don't mean quit watching, but rather to quit socializing altogether. That means you are breaking what bonds you have forged over the span of ponydom.)

edit: feel free to ignore my rambling, the thought is genuine but it's not a scripture, and not to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-03-05 at 04:57 PM.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

? and this is when I regret not drawing more harem Raz. Or at least of being able to find it fast enough.
    There is a simple fix to this dilemma, as with most things you regret not doing: purging it from your mind forever and leaving it as a lost cause.

Or drawing it, that sometimes works, but it's more work than the mind-purging.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.