New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Incarnations of Immortality IC: GodsWar

@DM: I have a class feature that tells me when I would have made a mistake before I do so. Just saying.

"I have also been on a wild goose chase for a while Hermes. This imposter has been impersonating me for a while now.
    It would have recent information not me."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

2. - Top - End - #92

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas smiled, bowing to both King Oberon and Queen Titania. Even despite the chilling wind, his face seem to glow with an heavenly light. Even when the woods seemed dark, his presence gave a warm feeling to the court. The Elves all leaned in, like moths attracted to a bright and just flame. "Thank you for your most gracious aid, King Oberon and Queen Titania," he said as he stood back up.

Turning to Iridia, he smiled and bent on one knee. Leaning forward, he took her hand and kissed it. "Princess, it is my honor to have you by my side. Your beauty outshines even the most radiant summer sun, your eyes are like the beautiful stars of the clear night skies. Your hair dances with the wind, with a very life of its own. Your very steps carry a grace that cannot be described. I am glad that you are by my side," he said with his charismatic smile and wink. He knew it wasn't the most proper thing to do, but he just couldn't help himself. After all, he was the hero. And heroes and princesses are just meant for each other.

Standing back up, he smiled to the Queen. "You forget with whom you have made an alliance with. I am Anduilas, the Fated One. The One Saved by Luck herself. Failure has never happened before. Entrust upon me the ability to call upon the Elves of the Seelie Court and you have nothing to fear. While you guard your home here, I can easily take out those enemies that plot out there."

"For now I must make haste. There are many things for me to attend to." As he turned to leave, he stopped for one last moment. He wanted to enjoy the forest for just one...more...moment.

But almost as soon as he had stopped, he picked up his pace again as he stepped out of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    I forgot to mention but I have max ranks in all knowledge skills. Can you give a brief synopsis on all the relevant and big planar entities?

Now: I'm just going to assume that its the eleventh hour of the night. That's what you said right? Take initiative?
    Turning to his new companion, Anduilas smiled. "Iridia your beauty is as charming as ever. If your magic was but a fraction of your beauty, it surely be unstoppable!" Pausing between compliments, he finally decided to act more serious. "What are your skills exactly? What spells do you specialize in and how exactly do you venture to help me in combat?"

((Here I assume that she answers my inquiries, etc.))

As he listened to her speak, he smiled and nodded. "Great. But as a first show of your power," he said as he examined the time. "I believe the eleventh hour is coming. Bring me to Odin's Hall. There is matters of grave importance that I must discuss with him."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Demon King... His eyes glaze slightly. "Balors? They are yours. I can send some Mariliths with you as well if you wish. I wish you to go after Orcus first. He is one of the two that oppose me, the other being the Demogorgon. If they fall, the other Princes will be easy to deal with. If you kill Orcus, I myself will accompany you in slaying the Demogorgan. And then the Abyss will be mine, and Baator cannot stand for long against a united Abyss. And then...but let us not get ahead of ourselves. Kill Orcus, and I will lead an army of demons in your name, and conquer all before me." He grins with the pure insanity of Evil. "Let's rule the multiverse, shall we?"

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, crap. Crap crap crap! I can't tell which of you is real!" Hermes looks back and forth wild eyed.
    "Idiot. I suggest you go on your way and let us sort it out. We can get a ruling from Zeus, surely he would know." Ares rolls his eyes at the distressed God.
    Hermes starts to nod, then looks at Ares with deep suspicion. "But if you're Chaos, then you could be leading me into a trap! I say all three of us go before Zeus. That's the only safe way."
    Ares nods. "Very well. As I am the true Ares, I have nothing to fear from such a hearing. Let us be off, unless you object, Chaos?" He smirks at you knowingly.

Arborea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iridia is very flattered and somewhat taken aback by your praise, but she quickly returns to earth when you ask her about her magic. "I specialize in traveling magic and Illusions, so I can take you anywhere on any Plane. In combat I may be able to delay and trick your opponents to give you extra time to finish them off. If there are enemy spellcasters I may be able to dispell the worst of their magic. Of course, you hardly need my help in that regard." She nods seriously as you explain your request, and her eyes go a deep shade of violet. "Take my hand." You do so, and in a flash of magic you are gone.
    You reappear in a great stone hall. It is vast, the ceiling reaching high over your head, supported by great beams of oak. The floor is dark stone that is polished to an almost mirror-like brilliance, and it is lit only by a few torches that hang far apart on the walls. In the center of the room is a throne, made out of rough-hewed oak, unadorned except for faint traces of silver on it's edges. Odin is sitting in it, his face in shadow. He is consulting with a strange figure, a massive orange toad-like creature wearing a brilliant blue cloak. They turn towards you, the toad-thing hissing, Odin's face unreadable. "Zarvosk, it would be wise for you to leave now. I trust we have reached a fair agreement?" The Gallows God's voice seems weary, as if he is worn out from a hard day's toil.
    "Oh yes, I think so. Until we meet again, Dark God." The toad disappears in a flash of multicolored smoke. Odin turns to you.
    "Well met, Chosen One. Did I not say that we were to meet alone? You risk my ire by bringing another into my Hall." His voice carries no malice, however, and he seems more saddened then anything else.
    "I apologize, Lord Odin. I merely brought Anduilas here at his command, and I have no wish to intrude upon your secrets. I will gladly take whatever measures you wish to avoid eavesdropping, including leaving this place if you will it." Iridia bows her head to the God, her eyes fearful.
    "No need for that. I will speak with Anduilas in my chambers, where none may enter without my express permission. Remain here until we return." He rises, and beckons you to a door in the side of the Hall that was certainly not there before.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Orcus is dead, on my honor," Korug answered. He gathered a group of Balors and Mariliths as he left the throne room. As they marched to Orcus' domain, he gave them orders.
    "First, I expect to see full cooperation on your parts. Even one attack from one of you to another will earn you an attack from me. That is something you do not want. Second, should one of you end up gravely injured, you are to leave. You will then go straight to Graz'zt and tell him how you have failed me. Third, if one of you even CONSIDERS betraying me... well, heh, I am the Incarnation of Betrayal. We'll see how that works out for you. Finally, if, by some bizarre chance I am forced to retreat, you will come with me."
    When they arrived in Orcus' domain, Korug looked over it from a high point, to find the easiest way to Orcus himself. Knowing his own weaknesses, he told the demons to do the same, specifying that "easiest" means "as little chance to be attacked by strong demons as possible".

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Spot (and, if relevant) Listen checks to find the easiest way to Orcus' own tower. Both Korug and every demon, of which I think 3 Balors and 5 Mariliths would be plenty for the mission I'm on without being too cumbersome.

5. - Top - End - #95

Zombie

"Why do you call me by a false name Incarnate? You're manipulative ways won't make me commit an error. I have no objections except that the plan was conceived by yourself, the imposter."

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #96

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas smiled as he took her hand. "Take me wherever you want, my Princess " As he reappeared in Odin's Hall, he gave a small whistle. "Good job! Definitely didn't disappoint!" Walking in, he stumbled upon Odin conversing with someone else.

Anduilas quizzically looked at the weird toad like creature. While he wasn't brilliant, Anduilas knew that this creature was not some mundane servant of Odin's. He tried to scan his mind, wondering exactly who this being was. His rainbow pattern had to be some distinct sign of who he was....

"Calm your wrath All Father," Anduilas said as he turned back to Odin. "This is my dearest companion and ally - Iridia - I would trust her with no less than my life. It is fine if you do not consider her equal, but I hope you would at least show me some respect by respecting my guests."

Turning back to Iridia, he winked. "Next time don't apologize so hastily. You're with me now! Everything you do reflects upon me too. You don't want to make me look like I'm afraid right?" he said jokingly as he reassuringly squeezed her hand. He knew he was probably laying on the flirting a little too thick, but he just couldn't help himself. As a young Fae, he had dreamed of courting Iridia, the most beautiful Fae in all of Arborea. Who knew he would have the chance? "Now stay here and just wait okay?"

Walking to the door, he smiled at Odin. He wasn't sure what Odin was planning, but he knew the All Father was not one attack him with impunity. Besides, he was fairly sure he was capable of handling the situation himself.

"After you All-Father. Wouldn't want to trespass into your fabled chamber without you."
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-03-25 at 01:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The demons heed your words, putting on a show of bravado but obviously very impressed by your power. However, their faith is somewhat shaken by your plan to simply march into Orcus's domain.
    It's not such a simple matter of walking along until you come to the Demon's home. There are many different layers in the Abyss, and unless you can Teleport, it's rather difficult to get where you're headed. However, if you cannot Teleport, the demons in your retinue lead you to one of the hidden portals scattered through the Plane, snickering behind your back.
    Orcus lives on Thanatos, the 113th layer of the Abyss. When you arrive, the first thing that hits you is the cold. Instead of Graz'zt's flaming hellscape, this layer is a vast tundra of icy waste, lit by a strange aurora borealis that flickers in the night sky. The cold penetrates through clothing and skin, freezing to the very bone, making skin stick to metal and water freeze in seconds. The ground is perfectly smooth and flat in some spots, and in others rises into immense sculptures of ice and rock, twisting into weird shapes as if it was a living thing.
    As you look closer, you suddenly realize that beneath a thin layer of ice, the whole layer is made up of tombstones. You can see them beneath your feet, in all shapes and sizes, covered with languages, some readable and others long forgotten. The icy formations that rise up are stacks of gravestones, piled haphazardly and covered in ice. The whole landscape is eerily still and silent, and your breath sounds as loud as a gale.
    Wordlessly, the demons lead you through the tundra. You walk for minutes, hours, it's hard to tell. Eventually you start to see the inhabitants of the place. Not demons as you would expect, but undead of all varieties, from zombies, shuffling and sliding across the ice, to vampires and wraiths, flitting through the tombstones in a ghostly parody of life. They stay far away from you, however.
    At last you arrive at a precipice, overlooking a massive gravestone city. It is as haphazard and twisted as the ice sculptures, weird towers coiling up from streets that zigzag seemingly at random. Looming up from the center is a huge palace carved from ice.
    "Naratyr, the city of Orcus. How do you plan to get inside?" It is one of the balors that speaks, it's breath sending out a huge cloud of steam with every word.

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you start winding your way up the staircase leading to Olympus. Hermes leads the way, glad to be out from between the two Ares. As you go, you make snide comments at Ares, belittling and confusing him. Through some incredible inner willpower, he manages not to fly into a rage and attack you, instead remaining silent and furious.
    As you go, you begin to hear raised voices, as if there is a group of people all shouting at once. Looming above you is the God's palace, a massive structure consisting of a series of majestic marble pillars arranged in a circle, supporting a domed ceiling with great battle and mighty heroes painted onto it in a spectacular mural. However, all this fades into the background as you walk up the flight of massive stone steps that enter the palace and see a sight that is rather bizarre, even for you.
    As is usual for Olympus, the fifteen thrones of the Gods are arranged around a map depicting the material plane. Unusually, all but two are occupied, as Hermes and Ares are with you. Every God is shouting at once, their voices thundering out in a cacophony of anger. The most intriguing thing is the focus of their annoyance.
    In the center of the floor stands the Ferryman, or rather what's left of him. You have seen him in the past, typically in his traditional form of an emaciated corpse with bone white skin and a hooded robe. He now bears little resemblance to that. All his limbs have been torn off, and the wounds drip black ichor. Deep gashes have been ripped all along his torso, as if a knife had been repeatedly stabbed into him. He dangles from a charred tree with all the branches and leaves burnt off it. You look closer, and see that his head is in fact nailed to the tree, a single black iron nail around a foot in length having been driven through his head and out the other side of the stump. Even taking into account his non human nature, it is obvious that he is dead.
    As you arrive, the Gods hardly give you a glance, but their shouting slowly dies down as they realize that there are two Ares in their midst. Zeus stares at you, his face red with fury.
    "What is the meaning of this, Ares?! Why are there two of you? And why is Hermes still here, instead of doing what I COMMANDED HIM TO DO!?" His voice echoes through the room, and a few of the other Gods clamp their hands over their ears at the sound.
    "Lord Zeus, one of these is Chaos, the Incarnation. I cannot tell which one, so I thought I should bring them to you before setting off. If there's nothing else for me to do here, I shall go immediately!" A thin patina of sweat has appeared on Hermes' brow. No one likes to mess with an angry thunder god. Zeus waves a hand at him absently, and he is gone just like that.
    The Storm God peers closely at the two of you. The other Gods also stare at you, suspicion etched upon their every feature.
    "Chaos, eh? Is it you that did this to our Ferryman? Answer me!" His eyes light up, and sparks leap from around his head and beard. Ares remains silent, weathering the storm.

Odin's Hall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iridia smiles at your reassurances. "Just be careful." She watches as you follow Odin into his chamber. It is made of bare stones, a square room around fifty feet across that extends up into the darkness, like a massive chimney. It is completely unadorned and barren. As you look around, the God waves his hand, and the wall slides across the entrance with a muffled boom. You are completely cut off from the outside world.
    Originally posted by OOC
    As no one may know of what transpires inside save Odin and Anduilas, the conversation shall be conducted via PMs.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

Zombie

"{insert ares' name for zues} We have been breached. Chaos here has been impersonating me for a while. He sentme on a mission through the Plane of Fire and several connected ones to keep me away before this mess started. Isnt that right Chaos?"
    Anon turns to the confused Deity, expecting an answer.

Sorry everyone

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ares loses all control at this point. Yelling incoherently, he charges you, stabbing visciouly with his spear before the other gods can stop him. As he does so, he grows massively huge, towering as high as the ceiling.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+104)[105]/(1d20+99)[105]/(1d20+94)[97]/(1d20+89)[96] Damage: (8d6+61)[89] (8d6+61)[91] (8d6+61)[93] (8d6+61)[89]
    Also, for every attack that successfully deals damage, you must make a Fortitude save(DC 35) or die instantly.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Zombie

OOC: What's his Miss Ignore? I have 140% Miss Chance

EDIT: +10% for every 5 points of Cha I got from him (and another 3 boosts it by 10 as well 1 time)
    so if he has a Cha of 29, it adds 19 to it, -3 is 16 /5 is 3 so add another 40% for 180% Miss

ACTUAL POST:
    The imposter simply flows around him, yawning as he avoids the blocks.
    "YOU DARE ATTACK THE GOD OF WAR!" he shouts
    "This is the impostor! He cannot even land a single blow!"

in Ares' head he hears "Bad move hot-head. Not even a single blow, pitiful."

Anon gribs his own spear and stands down "You aren't even worth gutting Incarnate. Be gone from this hallowed hall."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-03-28 at 01:56 AM.

Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #101

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas emerged from the room, with an impossibly big grin on his face and his hands confidently on his hips. He knew that he was going to do the craziest thing ever, something that would drive the Norse gods crazy. "It certainly serves him right," he said with a wicked grin as he walked back to Iridia.

As he turned to Iridia, his smiled widened when he saw that she had approached Sleipnir and they were actually bonding quite well. Apparently Sleipnir was always by Odin's throne, never leaving it by an inch. Just makes my job easier, he thought with a smile. Sleipnir was a magnificent beast, with a pure white skin that seemed to illuminate the air around him. He stood proudly on his eight mighty legs, tossing his head like the true king of horses he was. He towered as high and tall as Odin's mighty oak throne, dwarfing the beautiful Faerie princess that stood next to him.

"How do you like him, Princess?" he said with a smile as he surprised Iridia from behind. Before she could even respond, he grabbed her around the waist and lifted her on top of the horse. Sleipnir bucked up his rear legs, but that only made Anduilas smile even more. Growing to his full height to match the beast, he tamed it with his raw charisma and his poweress. "Guess bigger is better," he said with a wink at the princess as he forced Sleipnir away from the throne. The mighty steed refused, bashing the walls and pillars as he tried to throw Sleipnir off.

Taking one final deep breath, he turned the horse and galloped right out of the hall. Crashing right through the front doors, he bewildered the guardians standing outside. "See ya!" he said as he laughed. Rushing out into the clear night sky, over Odin's beautiful but tarnished hall, he couldn't believe that he had managed to pull it off. "Iridia, teleport us to the Material realm," he said as he gave her to coordinates. "I have to go back and regroup with the others first. I have some cults to hunt down."

So how am I sure I can win a check to tame the beast?

This is probably a Handle Animal check. I get a +112 bonus (actually more but I never bothered to edit it because its so high anyway) before rolling. While rolling, I can spend 3 rerolls to instantly choose my result and 6 to choose Sleipnir's. So let's say I choose for Sleipnir to roll a 1 and for me to roll a 20.

I can spend 27 Improvisation points to add +27 to my check. Then I can use Explosive Fortune (since I count as rolling a Nat 20 on my skill check) and 5 rerolls to add another die. For every 8 die basically, I can add another +20 to my 159 Handle Animal check. Since I have somewhere in the ballpark of 2200 rolls, I can add something like 1375 to my Handle Animal Check.

Of course I won't need that right? Okay good
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-03-28 at 10:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zeus roars in fury as the War God charges. "YOU DARE!? You dare come into MY hall, and attack one of MY Pantheon? Begone, impudent worm!" He rises from his chair, blue lightening crackling all around him. A loud humming sound goes through the room, and the hair of all those assembled stands on end, electricity sparking over those with metal armor. With a thunderclap loud enough to make your ears ring, Ares vanishes in a column of hissing blue energy. It slowly dissipates, leaving nothing behind save a burnt spot on the floor, which slowly disappears.
    "Good riddance! Let Chaos trouble us no further!" He glares at 'Ares'. "You'd better be real, or nothing will stop me from destroying your very soul. Now takes your seat." He turns back to the Ferryman, his expression turning even darker, if such a thing was possible.

Odin's Hall, and beyond:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by OOC
    To tame Sleipnir, you rolling a 20 and he a 1 is more than enough. And I assume you told Iridia the coordinates to your meeting place in Ivory Marrow.
    As Anduilas flies out of the Hall, Sleipnir charging through the cool night air, a swarm of ravens flies after you, their cawing almost deafening. They spiral after you, trying to head you off and engulf you in their many talons. Sleipnir is nothing if not fast, however, and they have no chance of catching you. Reforming into the Gallows God, he begins to weave a spell to entrap you. Before he can do so, Iridia casts her spell, and the two of you vanish along with the mighty steed.
    You appear in the same place you had left with Anon just a while before. Korug and Anon are still gone, evidently conducting errands of their own. Time looks up as you appear, grinning somewhat miserably at you. The source of his apprehension is what on first glance seems to be a pale young woman, with long white hair. She wears a lacy white wedding dress, with the veil missing. Her face is beyond a doubt the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, almost blinding in it's radiance. As you get closer, though, you see the rest of her does not do justice to the face.
    Her bare arms and neck are wrapped in barbed wire, the spikes digging cruelly into her flesh. The wire evidently extend underneath her dress as well, and you can see it twisted around her bare feet. No blood comes from the wounds, for she has no blood. Her arms are the most horrifying thing though, as they seem to have been cut off at the elbow. Her forearms are large and scaly, apparently sewn onto her with black thread. They are the pale blue of long frozen corpses, and appear massive on her slight frame. They end in foot long claws that twitch and shudder at random. She stops, and you see that her beautiful face, too, is skin sewn over her true face. Her very presence induces a splitting headache. This is the Incarnation known as the Lady of Pain, hated by all.
    "Anduilas, I was wondering when you'd come. It is a pleasure, as always." Her voice is that of a little girl, loud and high pitched. She extend her arm, reaching out farther than it should be able to, in a grotesque greeting. Her mask of flesh is smiling, the grafted skin perfectly mimicking a real face. You remember hearing stories in which she had cut the face off a Goddess of Love, several Pantheons before the current one. Iridia whimpers at her very presence, and Sleipnir snorts nervously, cantering back and forth.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Zombie

OOC: Did...Did I just cause the Death of a God?
    Awesome

"Can someone fill me in on what has happened recently. It kept me out of the loop. Hermes said something about the Burning Man rising?"

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Abyss

Korug growled as he looked across the plane of ice and death. He barely even heard the Balor. He didn't know much about undead beyond the most simple ones: skeletons, zombies, and ghosts. He was well aware of others' existences, though, and he was sure the Demon Prince would have only the best as his personal guards. He laughed.
    "The undead are weak of body and weaker of mind," he said. "The only reasonable threats to us are those who are equipped with ranged weapons in the towers, of which there will undoubtedly be a fair few. Just keep on the lookout for enemy missiles, both martial and magical. I'll deal with the towers as soon as we reach them."
    He unwrapped his chain and surged forward with confidence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I need the following details about the city: how far away is it? How tall are the towers? How wide? How thick are the walls? What material are they made of?
    Oh, yeah, and I'm going to whirl my chain through the skulls of any undead that tries to get in my way, FYI.

Ivory Marrow

Pellow, meanwhile, was with his next-in-command, a Half-Orc Fighter self-named Feral Tooth. A large greataxe was put against the wall of the still-in-repair "barracks", that being Feral Tooth's own weapon. A stack of parchment was being hastily scribbled away at by Pellow.
    "What are you doing?" Feral finally asked.
    "I am scribing scrolls," Pellow explained. "I have no need for my spells as of today, but we will need them soon. I wish for you to distribute these among those who can use such scrolls: your priests, your mages, even your thieves. I don't care what Korug may say about magic, we will need it to win this war. He can shove his chain somewhere else. Oh, and tell the other spellcasters, however many there are, to begin scribing their own scrolls. We will need as many spells in the days to come as we can manage."
    He handed several rolled-up pieces of parchment to Feral Tooth to distribute amongst the army. Feral nodded, and stepped out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I am creating the following scrolls for the army today, all at minimum CL: Create Water (x3), Detect Magic (x2), Endure Elements (x6), Bull's Strength (x3), Lesser Restoration (x3), Enervation (x3), Phantom Steed (x2), Freedom of Movement (x5).
    Feral Tooth is my sole L9 NPC in the army. In the exact chain of command for this army: Korug & Anon > Pellow > other Incarnations > Feral Tooth > everyone else.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-29 at 12:40 PM.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

15. - Top - End - #105

SwashbucklerGuy

Pardon the destruction, but I couldn't but help give myself a more....interesting introduction. I mean, it's the Lady of Pain! I have to keep up Anduilas' image
    "Just who the hell do you think I am!" Anduilas laughed as Odin emerged from his Hall. As Iridia weaved her teleportation spell, he stood up and turned around to stare Odin in the face. "Well sorry I have to leave so early! Have too many things to do, people to see, you know the whole ordeal. I guess I'll just have to see you later," he said with a laugh as he disappeared.

Sadly when he told Iridia the coordinates, Anduilas was a little....off. He had approximated to the nearest tens place, so instead of appearing inside the palace, they ended up about a mile and a half above it. And just a little bit to the right.

Iridia screamed as Sleipnir drove straight over the city, careering dangerously all over the place. Once again the army suffered a massive heart attack as the magnificent beast tumbled through their repairs and hastily made fortifications. Anduilas only laughed, narrowly steering Sleipnir past the destroyed buildings, and adding a couple of his own to the mix. Sleipnir's mighty hooves easily destroyed anything that got in their way, and he easily maneuvered out of the rest.

With a final tug, Anduilas aimed for the palace. Sleipnir followed without any hesitation, driving all eight of his hooves through the wall at once. The whole building literally shook as the wall gave way, showering the inner room with rubble. Neither Time nor the Lady of Pain were remotely bothered, apparently knowing exactly where to stand to avoid any minimal threat.

As he looks upon the Lady of Pain, Anduilas only maintained his smile, although his laugh quickly faded away. Rubbing Sleipnir's neck, he muttered into its ear slowly. Sleipnir easily calmed down, flicking his mane and stopped making a mess of things. As he got down, he winked at Time. "Like him? And it only took me a full minute to get away with him! Although you probably know that somehow already."

Helping Iridia get down, he reassuringly squeezed her hand. "Remember?" he whispered to her. "You're with me now. Stay confident. Chin up. But try not to stare," he said with a smile.

Turning around, he gave the Lady of Pain a courteous bow. After all, there was no need to be impolite. "Ahh and it's always nice to have your prescence grace us," he said with a smile. "Did Chaos tell you to come? Or did you just happen to walk into the city all by yourself?"

Standing straight, he looked straight at the Lady of Pain, unfazed by her gruesome appearance. Out of all the Incarnations, Anduilas strangely did not fear her. Pain is, after all, what makes glory all the sweeter. And I've had plenty in my times. "By the way, do any of you have any news on the cults of this new Burning God or Man or whatever? I need to do some...investigating, if you will. He is apparently the one behind this whole Death God disappearance."
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-03-29 at 05:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Olympus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That was the last communication we received from Hades. The Burning Man is Rising. And then we lost all contact with him." The speaker is Athena, Goddess of Wisdom. She is sitting on her throne, stroking the head of a large owl who is perched on it's arm. She stares at you suspiciously.
    "And then the Ferryman showed up here overnight! Dead, with a note on him saying 'A gift from the Burning Man!' Whoever did this is going to pay. I will not rest until whoever kidnapped Hades has been burnt to ashes and scattered to the far corners of the sky!" Zeus bangs his fist down on his throne angrily, froth starting to appear at the corner of his mouth.
    "Zeus. We already know who did this." It was Hera, Zeus's wife, who speaks. "The Giant, Surtur, is obviously the Burning Man. As an outcast from the North Gods, he would be a perfect agent for them, as they would simply say he was attacking without their knowledge! They are trying to destroy us!"
    "Fool. It is not the Gods who have perpetrated this attack. Has it escaped your notice that one of the Northerners was taken as well? This is the work of the Incarnations." A deathly pale woman dressed in black robes is the speaker. Hecate, Goddess of Witches.

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    The city is about 500 feet from the bottom of the precipice. The towers range in height from about 50 feet tall to around 200 feet tall.They range from 15 feet wide to 30 feet wide. They are made of ice, about 6-79 inches thick.

You leaps off of the precipice, landing with a ground-shaking thud at the bottom. From down here you can see that the plane is filled with undead, mostly minor ones. Whipping your chain around your head, you charge, the demons following close behind. As the group charges, the undead begin to converge upon them from across the plane. Any who get near are instantly shattered by your chain, their broken bodies flying through the air.
    From atop the towers, demon sentries notice the attack. They operate what seem to be large, organic cannons, spitting blasts of freezing energy down at the plane below. Each hit creates a large explosion of ice shards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[3] attacks against Korug: (1d20+18)[26](1d20+18)[22] (1d20+18)[35] (1d20+18)[34] (1d20+18)[20](1d20+18)[23]. Each one that hits does (10d10)[60] damage. Each one that misses creates an explosion of ice dealing (5d6)[12]. I'm going to go ahead and assume they all miss.
    Edit: The first three attacks miss, the others are too far away to matter.

The icy bolts smash all around you, those that come close to hitting being smashed aside by your chain. The demons following you take some damage, one balor being hit full on by a bolt, but they continue after you undaunted. At last you arrive at the base of the towers.

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time gapes at Sleipnir, for once surprised. "You stole Odin's horse? Great. You just pissed off the most powerful God in existence. Nice going." He seems to wink at you for a moment, but it could be just your imagination.
    Iridia stands behind you, out of the way of the other Incarnations. Even with your presence, Pain is still uncomfortable to be around.
    The Lady of Pain smiles at the mention of Chaos. "No, Anon did not invite me here, and she shall suffer for it. I would not have know of the meeting at all if Time had not informed me." Time smiles weakly, trying not to shudder. For some reason he seems quite intimidated by the Lady, unusual for Time itself."I know nothing of any Burning Man. I am engaged in a war of my own, and the Material Plane is of little consequence to me. I cannot remain here long, as without me my troops have little hope of beating Devotion. I wish you luck in finding your 'cults', though." She gives a high-pitched little giggle, as if cults have some secret amusement to them.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-29 at 06:06 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas raised an eyebrow. "Devotion? I had heard that Devotion is raising an army, but why is he striking out against you? Did you threaten him already?" Anduilas said with a laugh. "While we Incarnations are not a unified lot, we don't commonly go to war with each other. What had provoked his wrath?"

"In fact could these two things be connected? It is too suspicious that the Incarnation of Devotion would have been attacked only a century before the disappearance of the Death Gods. This whole thing smells like some kind of trap for us all."

18. - Top - End - #108

Zombie

"Ares stood "So you think it's either the North Gods or the Incarnations. Why so angry Zues? You never liked Hades anyway. You once asked me if I could kill him for you after he thrashed you in Poker. Or was that Chaos you asked."
    I smirk, my smile bigger than my face somehow, my form shifting randomly
    "Did you really expect an Incarnate to stand there are die without transforming? Thats something a little ickle God would do." I saw, shimmering out

Thor's Hall

"Thor, the Greek Gods are blaming either us or that Giant Surtur as your agent. I'm fairly sure I can trust you to disseminate that information to the whole pantheon, unlike your Father."
    Once again watering the sed of doubt Chaos shimmers out.

Behind the Lady of Pain

"Sister! How have you been. I'm sorry I forgot but you never leave your Plane ever ever ever. No even playdates!"
    A rather exciteable little girl with blonde pigtails glomps the Incarnate of Pain.
    "I'm sorry, so soo sorry I didn't tell you.
    By the way, that meanie Ares is dead. I tricked Zeus into thinking he was me and I was him and to kill me but it was him because he thought i was him and he was me and was annoyesd there were 2 Ares in his little Mountain.
    The Ferryman was on the mountain all dead-like and stuck to a tree. They think the North Gods are responsible or us.
    Wanna have a playdate after the crisis? I can show you my new kingdom playset? It has a Real Dragon! I found it flying around the Plane of Fire last month."

OOC: By playsets she means she conquered a city with a Dragon and wants to play dollies with the conquered humans as dolls.
    Think puppetmaster.
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-03-29 at 07:27 PM.

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Abyss

Korug roared in laughter as they easily charged through the falling ice shards and past the weak guards. When they reached close enough to the towers, he immediately began to crash his chain against the ice, in an attempt to bring down the towers. He was fairly certain he could manage it, given that this same weapon had taken down towers of stone in Ivory Marrow.
    "Demons! Find their weakest points, and bring these towers to the ground! No mercy!" he cried.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eeyup, I'm attacking the towers. I have the demons do the same. This should be at least as easy for them, considering that the Balors have Fire Storm 1x/day, as well as flaming whips.
    Notably, my attacks are powerful enough to send opponents flying away, no matter how large they are, so I think an immovable object would take even more damage than usual. Just saying.

Ivory Marrow

Pellow walked out of the barracks and back up the tiered city to the palace. The arrival of the celestial horse had not gone without notice, and he intended to see what the fuss was about (while preparing for battle, should it come to such). He was surprised to find Anduilas there, and even more shocked to find the Lady of Pain herself, along with some strange young girl. He kneeled briefly, before rising back up and asking the questions on his mind.
    "What in the Nine Hells is going on here?" he asked. "Is... is that Sleipner?" He facepalmed. "The last thing we need is Odin or one of his lackeys showing up to reclaim his horse. I hope you've hid your tracks well."
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-29 at 11:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lady raises a perfect eyebrow at Anduilas. "You mean to say you don't know about Devotion? How... disappointing."
    Time jumps in before she can go any further. "Devotion seems to have gone mad. He's made Inevitables so massive and powerful that they could be a danger to us, or the Gods. He sent one right into the heart of Sigil, trying to kill Pain. She destroyed it, and retaliated. They haven't been fighting for long, but the battle has grown to huge proportions." He pauses, looking guiltily at Pain. He has no need to worry, however, as Chaos suddenly appears and enfolds the Lady in a hug. She stiffens in surprise, carefully trying to extricate herself from the grip of the little girl.
    "That's...that's all right, I forgive you." She listens with interest to his narrative. "Ares is dead? Because you tricked Zeus into killing him? You do realize that you have just instigated a war that will not stop until either all Gods or all Incarnations are dead, don't you?" Her face softens at Anon's wish to play. "I like playing with dolls! When this is over we can do that, if there's anyone left alive."
    "Really, there are more important things to think about." Time nods as Pellow joins the group. "It is indeed Sleipnir. Doesn't really matter if Chaos killed Ares though, does it? We're screwed anyway, so let's have some fun with it."

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first tower shudders as your chain hits it. Shards of ice fly in all directions. Following your lead, the demons spread out and begin attacking the other buildings in the area. The Balors hack at them with their flaming swords, their whips melting huge scores on the sides of the towers. The Mariliths stab them with their swords over and over again, tearing out chunks of ice with each blow.
    With your third blow, the tower groans, splinters, and collapses back into the city, your chain tearing through the base one last time. It smashes the other buildings it land on, annihilating any demons that have the misfortune to be underneath it. The sentries on top are flung off and crushed by flying rubble. The demons inside the city are already fleeing, knowing they would stand no chance against whatever was attacking.
    You charge through the rubble, your demons following behind. The undead are too stupid to flee, and are smashed aside by your chain or cut down by the demons. Any structure that stands in your way if shattered, only to cause even more damage as it falls. At last you see the Palace of Orcus, towering up like some vast black beast. Not as tall as some of the towers, it is made of black stone, with vicious spikes impaling the air above. From the huge gates of bone in it's front you hear a screaming sound, and they open slowly. As you charge across the last stretch before the Palace, the first of the Demon Prince's minions charges out of the gate to meet you.
    A massive, coiled body. Dull red scales tinged with black. Massive arms twice as long as they should be. Crooked, spiny wings. A head covered in so many spikes and plates that you can't even see it's eyes. This thing was once a dragon, but now it is just an engine of destruction, a twisted experiment of ages past. And it's hell-bent on killing you. As it comes, screaming all the while, your chain thuds into it, and you can hear it's bones shattering. But the monster is not even fazed, and you can see it's wound healing at an astonishing rate. Then it's upon you, and there's nothing but blood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's using a charge action with Pounce. This is a surprise round, and you should roll for initiative afterwords. You easily hit it with you AoO, I rolled for damage.
    Attacks: Bite (1d20+61)[70]; Claws (1d20+61)[64], (1d20+61)[74]; Wings (1d20+61)[81], (1d20+61)[72]; Tail (1d20+61)[66].
    Damage: Bite (8d6+26)[51], Claws (4d8+13)[34] (4d8+13)[26], Wings (4d6+13)[29] (4d6+13)[28], Tail (4d8+39)[51]. All attacks deal an additional 20 points of Vile Damage, and if it hits with both claws it Rends for an additional (8d8+39)[82].
    The dragon has an AC of 36, and no special defenses except it's Regeneration. I'll post any other stats you need on it OOC.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Abyss

Spoiler
    Show
    Miss chance rolls for all 6 of those attacks. He will hit if they are 51+.
    (1d100)[28]
    (1d100)[96]
    (1d100)[68]
    (1d100)[13]
    (1d100)[44]
    (1d100)[46]

Although a bit wounded by the blows from the enormous dragon, Korug was unfazed. His own incredible healing ability kicked into gear, reliving him of a lot of pain instantly.
    "Demons, ready your blades!" he called, smiling. He was most certain that this fight was already won. He shouted at the dragon, knowing full well the unlikelyhood of it's understanding. "I'm sure you would be a much better hunt before the demon came along and took away all semblance of your strength! Is this truly Orcus' champion?"
    He began his attacks immediately, intending to bring this dracolich down quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack. Remember, he will be knocked back 30' unless he succeeds on a DC 45 REF save. In addition, all attacks blend together for purposes of DR, natural 1's are not misses, and 19-20's are auto-confirmed criticals for x3 damage.
    The demons will attack after me.

Attack rolls:
    (1d20+48)[12](60)
    (1d20+48)[7](55)
    (1d20+43)[11](54)
    (1d20+38)[2](40)
    (1d20+33)[15](48)

Damage rolls:
    (6d6+25)[2][4][6][3][5][2](47)
    (6d6+25)[5][6][5][4][4][5](54)
    (6d6+25)[6][6][6][5][5][1](54)
    (6d6+25)[4][4][4][6][2][6](51)
    (6d6+25)[6][3][4][5][4][2](49)

Ivory Marrow

Pellow groaned as it was confirmed that Odin's horse had been stolen and brought to Ivory Marrow. He couldn't help but look over the ruined battlements.
    "I want it known that I had no association with this thievery when Odin comes to call. I would prefer that he not get on my god's bad side, for Odin's sake. It is often a bad idea to murder the greatest mortal servant of a god of war," he said. "Time, I don't suppose you are capable of learning how long it is until Odin catches on? It would be nice to know how long Luck can stay here before having to make a tactical retreat."
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

22. - Top - End - #112

Zombie

Question Re: Incarnations of Immortality IC: GodsWar

"Yay playtime!
    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Though maybe a more...adult playtime would be preferable to you."[/COLOR]
    A gentleman in a suit bows gracefully and presents a rose to Pain
    "A beautiful rose for a beautiful lady."

After winking flirtily he deages to a boy and crawls up the Incarnation, standing on her shoulders.
    "Right so war. Thanks to Time here we know we are blamed at some point and war breaks out. I'm trying to get Thor against his father, even a moments hesitation or thinking over the orders can work to our advantage. I also mentioned the fact that the Greeks believed it was Surtur working as one of the North's agents so we could get a clean break. Especially since they have very little common links. The only one being the marriage of Death.
    Anduilas I take it your voyage to the elves was good, judging by your companion the Princess. Korug is laying seige to Orcus' castle to gain the allegiance of a Demon Prince so we have some powerful troops.
    Time I want you to contact any Necromancers you can find to get the Undead milling about under control. We can use then as cannon fodder against the armies the Gods will command.
    Lady pain, as much as I do love holding you close we must depart as I have to continue spreading doubt and I need you to collect as many powerful warriors and beings as you can. Dragons, Planetars, Adventurers. Sigil will be a good place to start but try Ajkil. I heard rumours of a conclave of Mind Flayers you may want to look into."

The boy general orders from atop the Ruler of Sigils head.

OOC: everyone forgot Anon leaving the sword didn't they.
    He can sense and place eyes onto anything that shows him. Which is the sword at Korugs waist. He can see what Korugs has done ever since.

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dragon's screaming does not stop or change in any way as every blow you aim at it strikes home, shattering bone and scales alike. The beast doesn't seem to feel pain, and it comes at you just as hard as before. The demons move to surround it on all sides, and it lashes out at them with it's wings, biting and clawing at you.
    Two of the Balors have moved to either side of it to engage it in melee, the third hangs back and attempts to destroy it with magic, which proves to have no effect. One of the Mariliths attacks from behind, flanking the dragon with you, but it is sent flying by a sweep of the monster's tail and then batted midair, flying into a nearby building. The other four prepare for more attackers to arrive, confident in your ability to handle the dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragon attacks:
    Bite: (1d20+61)[75], Damage (8d6+26)[61] Miss Chance (1d100)[88]

Claws: (1d20+61)[79] (1d20+61)[74] Damage (4d8+13)[21] (4d8+13)[28] Miss Chance [roll1d100[/roll] (1d100)[55]

Rend(if both hit): (8d8+39)[75]
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Korugs laughed as the blows barely dealt a scratch to him. Well, strictly speaking, it was a blow that would kill most men, but Korug was much tougher than any normal man. He began his assault anew, intending to do just as well as the last time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everything's the same as last round. I'm taking this thing down as fast as I can, because frankly, it has a lot of damage potential against me. I'd like to get in there soon, and not have to wait around on my fast healing.
    Oh, yeah, and I just realized that my critical hits deal an extra 4d6 damage on top of everything else (and, yes, that's tripled with the rest of the damage). In addition, if it happens to be capable of making FORT saves, every time it is hit by a critical, it must succeed a DC 45 REF save or die instantly.

Attack rolls:
    (1d20+48)[12](60)
    (1d20+48)[6](54)
    (1d20+43)[16](59)
    (1d20+38)[7](45)
    (1d20+33)[19](52)

Damage rolls:
    (6d6+25)[6][4][4][1][4][6](50)
    (6d6+25)[6][5][6][1][6][5](54)
    (6d6+25)[4][1][3][2][3][1](39)
    (6d6+25)[6][3][1][5][4][3](47)
    (6d6+25)[3][1][2][2][6][5](44)
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-30 at 09:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm so sorry guys....but I just couldn't help making a GL reference
    "A Hero does not need to hide his tracks!" Anduilas proclaimed as Pellow started to criticize him. "You need to have more faith! Believe! Believe in the Anduilas that believes in himself! You don't have to worry about anything - I doubt your actions would help anyway!"

Rummaging through his bag, he pulled out a small trinket that he had picked up a long while ago. "And we don't need to retreat either," he said with a mischievous smile. Reciting the ancient incantations, he let go of the crystal. It glowed and floated in mid air, and instantly Anduilas could feel strands of magic being cut off and snuffed out. "Now Odin, and anyone else for the matter, wont' be able to randomly teleport in and disturb us. Neither can they scry into this entire area."

Growing to his Colossal size, Anduilas easily towered above Pellow. He didn't even bother to look at him anymore, content to deal with the situation at hand. "We have to focus first. Let's find this Devotion and solve this annoying problem. How can you expect us to prepare for a war if we are being attacked from many sides? Us Incarnations may be a divided lot, but I cannot tolerate Devotion simply attacking others outright. He may have gone insane, or even worse, under the control of some 'Burning Man' I've been hearing about. If we don't get to the bottom of this, it will be disaster for us all. For all we know, this is nothing but a trap."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Abyss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whirling your chain in a tight arc, you smash it repeatedly into the dragon's head. The first blow cracks the plates of armor that cover it, the next two crack it's bones and send blood leaking down it's face, and the final blow smashes in it's skull, showering gore over the area. The monster's scream is cut of abruptly, and it collapses to the ground, it's wings still twitching.
    With a roar of victory, the your demons charge around it's body and into the fortress of Orcus. The first one through, a Marilith, is hit by a half dozen rays of green light that come from either side of the gate. It lights up, and you can see through it's suddenly translucent flesh to the bones beneath. Then it crumbles to ash. The others pause in front of the gate, unsure what to do. Inside you see a group of huge, boar-like demons forming a defensive barrier. The float a few feet off the ground, although their tiny wings don't seem capable of holding aloft their massive bulk.
    The Balors look to you for guidance, not wanting to risk going through the gate.

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pain takes the rose from Anon, holding it delicately between two of her claws. It seems to writhe, the petals opening and closing as if it were screaming in silent pain. Then it shrivels and turns black. The Lady places it in her hair. She waits patiently as Chaos outlines his plan.
    At the mention of controlling the undead via necromancers, a look of horror crosses Time's face. "No! Don't you realize? If one of these souls is destroyed, that's it for them! They would simply be removed from existence. We can't just go around willy nilly destroying souls and flinging them at our enemies!"
    "I don't see the problem with that," says Pain, smiles angelically at him.
    "That's because you're just a...well, we just can't do it, is all. I wont allow it."
    The Lady frowns as Chaos describe her part in the plans. "Anduilas raises a good point, one that I feel the rest of you are missing. Frankly, going up against the Gods is an act of folly unless we are united. With Devotion seemingly insane, Nature missing, and Destruction and Law absent, we cannot beat the full force of the Gods. We have two options, therefor.
    "One, we do not even attempt to fight them in a conventional manner. We have a shadow war, striking against lone Gods in our own unique ways, without help from the others. We spread discord and rumors, preventing the Gods from uniting against us. Eventually, we kill the last of them and be done with it.
    "Two, we find our missing members, cure or destroy Devotion, and take on the Gods in all out War."
    She giggles to herself, scraping her claws together with glee.
    "Or three, we could find out who the Burning Man is, make peace with the Gods, and maybe even stop there from being a war at all? Just a thought." Time kicks the ground with his shoe, somewhat disgruntled.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Zombie

"Time who cares about the "immortal" souls of some humans. They disappear after so long anyway and dont do anything.
    And is the 3rd option really viable or even considered by the rest of us for actual implementation? You should know being Time and all.
    I say we combine 1 and 2. Ares is already dead and Thor could be persuaded with relative ease to create a schism. I've done it to more intelligent gods, and he is a brute with a hammer.
    So do I have your cooperation or do I have to start spinning my epic tales together?"

Anon appears in front if Anduilas wearing his face
    "No! Believe in the me who believes in you who believes in me who believes in you!"

"Do we really have to get Law into this. You know how we get along."
    Anon turns into a giant face with the best puppy eyes impression ever.

Sorry everyone

28. - Top - End - #118

Zombie

"Time who cares about the "immortal" souls of some humans. They disappear after so long anyway and dont do anything.
    And is the 3rd option really viable or even considered by the rest of us for actual implementation? You should know being Time and all.
    I say we combine 1 and 2. Ares is already dead and Thor could be persuaded with relative ease to create a schism. I've done it to more intelligent gods, and he is a brute with a hammer.
    So do I have your cooperation or do I have to start spinning my epic tales together?"

Anon appears in front if Anduilas wearing his face
    "No! Believe in the me who believes in you who believes in me who believes in you!"

"Do we really have to get Law into this. You know how we get along."
    Anon turns into a giant face with the best puppy eyes impression ever.

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Korug kicked apart the dead dragon's body as they stood at the gate. He watched the Marilith being disintegrated, and his put hands on his hips. His fast healing was quickly patching up his wounds from the last battle. It was less than half a minute before the last scratch mended itself. Once it did so, he walked a bit closer to the gate.
    "Six traps, all triggered at once. Several Nalfenshee on the other side," he said. "Funny thing is, should each of those rays prove powerful enough, they may even be strong enough to down me. So, let's see how frequently they can go off."
    He looked at the demons on the other side, and demanded them to face him in direct combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using Provocation 3 times, once as each of my actions. I can force each targetted demon to make a Will save (DC 35) or come forward and engage me in melee, no matter how suicidal. It they make it past the trap, I start making AoO's. Otherwise, I laugh as they disintegrate themselves.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-03-31 at 07:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

SwashbucklerGuy

Anduilas shook his head as Anon tried to convince the others. "You don't really get the point do you? Devotion is singlehandely taking Lady of Pain on, with no threat to himself. Lady of Pain admitted it herself - if she doesn't return soon, she is bound to lose to Devotion's forces. It is stupid to do anything before settling this issue."

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Iridia. He knew that Devotion's forces would be too dangerous if left unchecked. It was too much of a threat to the Seelie Court. He had to deal with it first, before anything else.

"Besides," he said as he waved dismissively to the Undead. "What use will those Undead do? They are rotting corpses and nothing more. They won't be able to stand more than a moment in front of the Gods. I wouldn't even waste the effort."