New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 9

Town Gates - Dave and Silver!

Oh! Trench-coat! Classic and classy casual wear for the tasteful ninja-pony!

Silver halts upon hearing the warming overtones of her buddy's voice. Her humming dies down in an instant and her eyelids launch open like rockets destined for a moon. In a light voice, as chipper as a sparrow in the midst of spring, the spry mare halts none too far from a guard pony, probably, still completely unaware of his/her presence or that of the town spread before her.

"Hmm? Oh that is most absurd, Dave. Were I about to slam into somepony there would be an auspice or presage. That or someone would simply shout. Additionally, my natural clairvoyance would ward against such things. I'd detect them long before they entered my field of vision or I drew upon their positions. And the world does not capriciously turn so that a throng of ponies randomly stand as obstacles to my progression. 'Tis unheard of!"

Umm... Silver. Tilt your head about 90 degrees to the right, if you would. That will prove you wrong beyond a doubt.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-03-14 at 12:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Wha...then..why..why...was he even being allowed to sell and work the floor here? Quick easy labor from him. He shook his head clearing his mind of it.

"Ah...yea. Well, when I'm done balancing your books for the day, then yea, okay cool."
    "Oh, you can sell clothes, take photos, and kill fillies all you like as long as you do the books." explains Bruce. He taps the stack of papers. "This is a lot of work and I don't have the math skills to do it fast enough."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Oh, you can sell clothes, take photos, and kill fillies all you like as long as you do the books." explains Bruce. He taps the stack of papers. "This is a lot of work and I don't have the math skills to do it fast enough."
    Its as if Big Bruce could read his mind, he eyed the bright colored stallion warily. Though he didn't quite like the expression of 'kill fillies' even if he did understand what Big Bruce meant, it sounded so violent.

"Alright, well you can count on me, if anything, math was a subject I could do well," He smiled and nodded and looked at the stack of papers with a Challenge Accepted face.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Its as if Big Bruce could read his mind, he eyed the bright colored stallion warily. Though he didn't quite like the expression of 'kill fillies' even if he did understand what Big Bruce meant, it sounded so violent.

"Alright, well you can count on me, if anything, math was a subject I could do well," He smiled and nodded and looked at the stack of papers with a Challenge Accepted face.
    "Well I am heading to the back to fill out the forms to order my camera and fix my schedule. Sweet Victory is here if you need help." Bruce yawns and disappears to the back. Moments later, the two ponies outside would hear loud snoring.

Victory's ears droop and she glances pensively at the counter. "Bruce. Bruce Bruce. You silly pony."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

"Well I am heading to the back to fill out the forms to order my camera and fix my schedule. Sweet Victory is here if you need help." Bruce yawns and disappears to the back. Moments later, the two ponies outside would hear loud snoring.

Victory's ears droop and she glances pensively at the counter. "Bruce. Bruce Bruce. You silly pony."

Ember only chuckled a little at the possible quirks of his new boss. He then set to work behind the counter and began to do some finance book work, huzzah.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dreamrunner
    Lemongrass will hear crying before it stops.
    A little bit later, Dreamrunner opens the door. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying.
    "*sniffle* Hey Lemongrass...vhy don't you come in?"
    Lemongrass was immediately concerned. From the look on her face, it looked like she had been crying for quite some time. He quickly entered the room and hugged Dreamrunner. "Sweetie, what's wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata returns about an hour later with takeout veggie-burgers and hayfries. Oh and the knowledge that yes, something incredibly Equestria-changing that nopony seems to have the specifics on is happening. Oh and she should be looking out for somepony that may or may not want her injured severely. The latter is just normal.

When she enters the room, the mare looks at the pile and comments, "Did I remember to get poison antidotes?"
    Tyrol pointed at the a line of stacked potions and bottles on the table. Apparently he had arranged them according to colour. "I had no idea they even sold smoke bombs these days. I thought you had to order them or something. Huh."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember only chuckled a little at the possible quirks of his new boss. He then set to work behind the counter and began to do some finance book work, huzzah.
    Big Bruce would sleep all day.

Sweet Victory would deal with customers whenever they walked in unless Ember interrupted her to do some sales or asks for refreshment.

This would continue to closing unless Benson says otherwise.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Big Bruce would sleep all day.

Sweet Victory would deal with customers whenever they walked in unless Ember interrupted her to do some sales or asks for refreshment.

This would continue to closing unless Benson says otherwise.
    Numbers running through his head, felt like hours passed, he yawned taking a stretch as the pencil/pen fell out his mouth. "Aw darn," He bent to pick it up and placed it back on the counter.

"Alright....I think I'm done here, I think,"
    He said with a little yawn.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Tyrol pointed at the a line of stacked potions and bottles on the table. Apparently he had arranged them according to colour. "I had no idea they even sold smoke bombs these days. I thought you had to order them or something. Huh."
    "Just need to know where to look," Staccata replies while taking out the bag that are holding dinner.

"I took the liberty of finding some real food that requires chewing."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Numbers running through his head, felt like hours passed, he yawned taking a stretch as the pencil/pen fell out his mouth. "Aw darn," He bent to pick it up and placed it back on the counter.

"Alright....I think I'm done here, I think,"
    He said with a little yawn.
    "Did you finish all that work already?!" Sweet Victory gasps. Her eyebrows almost pop right off her face out of utter shock. It would have taken her much longer just yo be a quarter done.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"Did you finish all that work already?!" Sweet Victory gasps. Her eyebrows almost pop right off her face out of utter shock. It would have taken her much longer just yo be a quarter done.

We'll just assume some four five hours have passed. Ember looked up at the mare with his usual shy expression. "I uh...like numbers," Consider it a Sol family thing, since the poor colt was supposed to be his father's heir, spluge like this was a must know. And his father wasn't the sort to trust his money with 'outsiders', keep the skills in the family and all that.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

"Just need to know where to look," Staccata replies while taking out the bag that are holding dinner.

"I took the liberty of finding some real food that requires chewing."
    "Mmm. Thanks." Tyrol replied, taking the bag gratefully. He took out the veggie burger and began chewing immediately. Soup isn't exactly a stomach filler.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

We'll just assume some four five hours have passed. Ember looked up at the mare with his usual shy expression. "I uh...like numbers," Consider it a Sol family thing, since the poor colt was supposed to be his father's heir, spluge like this was a must know. And his father wasn't the sort to trust his money with 'outsiders', keep the skills in the family and all that.
    Victory gasps again. "Are you like... a mathemagician? I didn't know pegasi knew number magic." she says as she trots over to the sign to switch it to "Closed".
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Victory gasps again. "Are you like... a mathemagician? I didn't know pegasi knew number magic." she says as she trots over to the sign to switch it to "Closed".

"What? Number magic...no nothing like that, ain't no math wizard either,"
    He cracked a small smile.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Mmm. Thanks." Tyrol replied, taking the bag gratefully. He took out the veggie burger and began chewing immediately. Soup isn't exactly a stomach filler.
    The mare herself eats a bit more slowly, the fries first as they seem to get cold faster. A real shame about that previous restaurant ruining itself though. Although one important question right now is if Tyrol breathing air at all or just inhaling the food.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What? Number magic...no nothing like that, ain't no math wizard either,"
    He cracked a small smile.
    "Still it is quite amazing. Should I follow you home to collect the bits?" The curvy mare slips on a tight full body suit and snaps a head band to her head.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

"Still it is quite amazing. Should I follow you home to collect the bits?" The curvy mare slips on a tight full body suit and snaps a head band to her head.

He couldn't help but look just a little, I mean come on, full body suit. He glanced away. "Sure, that, I mean of course. Oh yes, where should I put these documents anyway?" He wondered if Big Bruce even kept a safe for paperwork like this.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground

Town Gates - Dave and Silver!
    Dave simply points ahead with a hoof at the guard in front of her.

---

Dreamrunner
    This causes her to cry some more.
    "Somezing happened...und now you're going to leave me for it!"
    She continues crying.
    "I'm pregnant und ze foal's yours! Zere, now you can go ahead und leave me...who'd vant a pregnant mare vor a villyvriend..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, if ya'd rather not let the town get destroyed, what would ya do about this? She's not too far from here, if a little deep underground 'n behind some defences. Of course, she's givin' us three weeks, so I'm not entirely sure if she's really into destroyin' or not..."
    "Underground tends to be...dark. And full of shadows. And roots that reach down. So that would be two ways for...well just me really, to get down there. I'm honestly not sure if I can take more than myself with me when I teleport through shadow or treestride...and I don't want to risk the alternative if I can't.

...How accurate with a knife do you think I could get in three weeks?"

--

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Dragon's fire? Wow. You sure are a pony that gets out. Astra finishes her bowl.
    "Eh, it was my fault, really. I tried to use ham-hooved talking strategies on a dragon. Lucky I dodged, or the triple-tongue-lashing would've gone to my scorch mark. Needless to say, I did my best to play my words more smoothly after that. I would've still been a scorch mark, too, if an actual diplomat hadn't been there. Although Rigs would've probably flipped it horns-over-tail anyways."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He couldn't help but look just a little, I mean come on, full body suit. He glanced away. "Sure, that, I mean of course. Oh yes, where should I put these documents anyway?" He wondered if Big Bruce even kept a safe for paperwork like this.
    "There's a safe in the office. It's hoof scanned. Let me open it." Victory bounces back into the back office. She giggles as she spots Big Bruce slumped over his desk asleep. The safe is behind him. The desk across from him is empty and bare.

"Let me open it." The orange-brown mare press stretches out a hoof with a moan and presses it against the square near the safe. A click is heard, a tumbler rolls, and the door opens.

Somewhere in town

A bluish pegasus mare in a military flight jacket stand on top a warehouse building. She pants,tired from the long flight from Fort Fetlock. The pony inhales twice and exhales to catch her breath. Next she reveals a whistle and blows.

It is a loud noise.

It is a griffon screech.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

"There's a safe in the office. It's hoof scanned. Let me open it." Victory bounces back into the back office. She giggles as she spots Big Bruce slumped over his desk asleep. The safe is behind him. The desk across from him is empty and bare.

"Let me open it." The orange-brown mare press stretches out a hoof with a moan and presses it against the square near the safe. A click is heard, a tumbler rolls, and the door opens.

He wondered if the moan was really necessary but he digressed. He gave her the paperwork and books to put into the safe.

22. - Top - End - #232

Somewhere in town

A bluish pegasus mare in a military flight jacket stand on top a warehouse building. She pants,tired from the long flight from Fort Fetlock. The pony inhales twice and exhales to catch her breath. Next she reveals a whistle and blows.

It is a loud noise.

It is a griffon screech.
    That of course would get the immediate attention of the town's resident... well sort of resident griffon. He immediately goes out to investigate the call, despite it being profoundly off due to it being artificial.

When he arrives, it's obvious that something happened to day. There's a minor yet obvious scratch along his chest from a near-miss from a thrown tophat.

Yes, nopony decided to tell him that ponies have weaponized HATS during that whole riot.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Underground tends to be...dark. And full of shadows. And roots that reach down. So that would be two ways for...well just me really, to get down there. I'm honestly not sure if I can take more than myself with me when I teleport through shadow or treestride...and I don't want to risk the alternative if I can't.

...How accurate with a knife do you think I could get in three weeks?"
    "Depends how hard ya'd be trainin'! If ya really work, ya could be able to hit a live griffon at seven meters in poor lightin'!" Blades grinned. "Of course, ya've really got to practice for it, but if ya do, it won't be long before ya'll be a master at fightin', 'n if that horn-guy ya're so scared of comes for ya, ya'll stop him dead literally!"

Then her ears flicked. "Say, did ya hear that?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Depends how hard ya'd be trainin'! If ya really work, ya could be able to hit a live griffon at seven meters in poor lightin'!" Blades grinned. "Of course, ya've really got to practice for it, but if ya do, it won't be long before ya'll be a master at fightin', 'n if that horn-guy ya're so scared of comes for ya, ya'll stop him dead literally!"

Then her ears flicked. "Say, did ya hear that?"
    "Well, I-...hear what?"
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-03-14 at 07:52 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He wondered if the moan was really necessary but he digressed. He gave her the paperwork and books to put into the safe.
    A groan would be a better sound really. Victory closes the safe softly. "Let's go get that money before the muggers come out."

That of course would get the immediate attention of the town's resident... well sort of resident griffon. He immediately goes out to investigate the call, despite it being profoundly off due to it being artificial.

When he arrives, it's obvious that something happened to day. There's a minor yet obvious scratch along his chest from a near-miss from a thrown tophat.

Yes, nopony decided to tell him that ponies have weaponized HATS during that whole riot.
    The pegasus stands tall and hoofs over a note.

Spoiler
    Show

From the office of Commander of Fort Fetlock

Griffon,
    A few of your kind was poking around in my town recently. Their presence is quite annoying and wish to send them someplace. Fortunately for them, the Flamestrong family have been hospitable and polite to visitors for centuries. Pledge me your loyalty and I could rid them of your life for more than a while. Answer quickly or I will have to regulate diplomatic duties to Colonel Grills Flamestrong, Commander of Fort Trotia.

-General Fire Flowier Armstrong
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I-...hear what?"
    "It sounded kind of like an eagle. I wonder if there's eagles in this town? I haven't seen any, though..." Blades shook her head. "So what were ya sayin' there?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

27. - Top - End - #237

The pegasus stands tall and hoofs over a note.

Spoiler
    Show

From the office of Commander of Fort Fetlock

Griffon,
    A few of your kind was poking around in my town recently. Their presence is quite annoying and wish to send them someplace. Fortunately for them, the Flamestrong family have been hospitable and polite to visitors for centuries. Pledge me your loyalty and I could rid them of your life for more than a while. Answer quickly or I will have to regulate diplomatic duties to Colonel Grills Flamestrong, Commander of Fort Trotia.

-General Fire Flowier Armstrong
    The griffon just looks at the note for a moment, eyes eventually setting on a simmering glare. It bears some contemplation what rank soldiers turn into politicians, but it's definitely some time before general. This pony needed a few reminders on how it's not smart to try and step over griffons, or rather just a nudge on how to deal with houseguests over culture lines.

"Would there be time enough to deal with it today?"
    he asks of the messenger.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

A groan would be a better sound really. Victory closes the safe softly. "Let's go get that money before the muggers come out."

"Right," He nodded, and he didn't think she was kidding around either, considering the other day there were some thugs who actually tried to rob a coffee shop. He did the gentlecolty thing of escorting her out.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taylor

"Eh, it was my fault, really. I tried to use ham-hooved talking strategies on a dragon. Lucky I dodged, or the triple-tongue-lashing would've gone to my scorch mark. Needless to say, I did my best to play my words more smoothly after that. I would've still been a scorch mark, too, if an actual diplomat hadn't been there. Although Rigs would've probably flipped it horns-over-tail anyways."
    [Ice Cream Bar]

Astra lets out a low whistle. Rigs must be a big pony.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The griffon just looks at the note for a moment, eyes eventually setting on a simmering glare. It bears some contemplation what rank soldiers turn into politicians, but it's definitely some time before general. This pony needed a few reminders on how it's not smart to try and step over griffons, or rather just a nudge on how to deal with houseguests over culture lines.

"Would there be time enough to deal with it today?"
    he asks of the messenger.

The pony messenger stands still and speaks aloofly as if her words were not hers. "We, Fetlock nobles, can stall for a week easily."

"Right," He nodded, and he didn't think she was kidding around either, considering the other day there were some thugs who actually tried to rob a coffee shop. He did the gentlecolty thing of escorting her out.
    And the mare would lock the door before leaving. The two ponies would walk quietly home. The sun had not set as it was a scheduled long day for farmers. Sweet Victory stays on the roadside of the walk order. "So where do you live? And with whom?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater