New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [d&d 3.5] Anyone want to crash a party? (IC)

Here goes nothing.

(1d20+234)[239]

Who ever said epic spells were gamebreaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    I think it was Lolth.

I teleport knick knack in.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558

(Screw the point)-Doomboy911

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Here goes nothing.

[roll0]

Good, Lolth didn't succeed at taking control...

Quote Originally Posted by Doomboy911 View Post
    I think it was Lolth.

I teleport knick knack in.
    Of course it was Lolth... her soul isn't going to be taken by just anyone... and definitely not with out trying to fight.

Who's next?
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-05-23 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would have a 50% 75% chance of success or failure, does anyone have anything to bring up my wisdom score? Or my saves at all?

Also, would a mind blank protect me from that? If it is a mind affecting effect, I would be immune to it.
    Last edited by blade artist; 2012-05-23 at 05:03 PM.
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Malthos glows with divine power, and laughs, his voice booming across the landscape. He speaks, his voice thankfully at normal volume, but also more sonorous, and powerful. Marvellous, really. Your expertise is unmatched. Now, as I doubt you three can endure the mental strain, I will bond you to my friends- Aurora, darling, I take it that you will be fine?

He casts Blade Brothers (PHBII) to link Jack to Darius, Knick to Joe, and Rigel to Winulhy. They each got +55 to saves from my Aura of Supreme Blasphemy, and the Blade Brothers spell allows them to make the save in Jack's, Rigel's, and Knick Knack's place, and so they'll autosucceed.

Hallok then grins, and creates a gate to the arena where we last dueled. He steps through, bringing Joe, Darius, Aurora, and Winulhy with him (after they make their saves for the others).

When he arrives at the Arena, he casts Superior Invisibily, then creates a programmed image of himself. Aurora, my dear, would you be so kind as to cast your spell that you used to summon the townsfolk here to summon th entire Drow people?

I take it, by the way, that I am now a Rank 0 deity?

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Will save (1d20+36)[53]

7. - Top - End - #817

BlackDragon

Malthos glows with divine power, and laughs, his voice booming across the landscape. He speaks, his voice thankfully at normal volume, but also more sonorous, and powerful. Marvellous, really. Your expertise is unmatched. Now, as I doubt you three can endure the mental strain, I will bond you to my friends- Aurora, darling, I take it that you will be fine?

He casts Blade Brothers (PHBII) to link Jack to Darius, Knick to Joe, and Rigel to Winulhy. They each got +55 to saves from my Aura of Supreme Blasphemy, and the Blade Brothers spell allows them to make the save in Jack's, Rigel's, and Knick Knack's place, and so they'll autosucceed.

Hallok then grins, and creates a gate to the arena where we last dueled. He steps through, bringing Joe, Darius, Aurora, and Winulhy with him (after they make their saves for the others).

When he arrives at the Arena, he casts Superior Invisibily, then creates a programmed image of himself. Aurora, my dear, would you be so kind as to cast your spell that you used to summon the townsfolk here to summon th entire Drow people?

I take it, by the way, that I am now a Rank 0 deity?
    Yes, you are all rank 0, withe exception of your dragon & the 3 vampires.

Aurora casts the spell and every Drow including you, your vampires & every drow to have ever been alive (if they were dead, they still are dead) appear in the stands...

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok winces, and he and his three Vampire Drow teleport to the center, casting Mass Fly. Darius casts a limited wish to amplify Hallok's voice enormously. Not exactly as I pictured it, but it will have to do.... I am humbled, truly, to be here this day before you all-the greatest race in all the multiverse! I am Hallok, a Drow such as yourselves, and it was I who slew Lolth- with countless blasts of thunderous magic, I ended her reign on our fair people. Now, I come with tidings of a new life for the Drow, so we may make peace with the other races, and slay all who would harm us. I will not be like Lolth, a heartless, aloof monster. I am truly one of you- I have lived a life as a Drow, have experienced all the hardships our race has faced, and mourned all who have sacrificed themselves for the welfare of our people. Let us all now weep for the lives of those passed! Weep, and remember their deaths! I will guide us to our vengeance, so that we may crush our oppressors and take our rightful place in the world! All I require is that you worship me, in place of the tyrant who was to weak to face the wrath of the people she oppressed!

Hallok speaks for a good while longer, his voice full of emotion. He tells of his own experiences, and of other Drow, and stresses his ability and desire to bring the Drow to glory.

Perform (Oratory) Check: (1d20+145)[154] (sorry, lots of bonuses, and it would take a while to list them all. Moment of prescience and a +20 item are pretty major though.

Hallok ends his speech with a single phrase of Drow pride and conquest, in the language of the Drow, and then Darius raises his fist with an echoing cry of Praise Hallok, God of the Drow!

Assuming the Drow go crazy wild and start the worshipping, Hallok requests for Aurora to reverse the spell. If this works, how many divine ranks to I obtain?

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I fly up a good deal and use my gaseous form to make a massive cloud surrounding the people. "I am Jack Ova Legend Trades. Master of all magic both arcane and divine. I can create and destroy all that I see with but a whim. I am power defined and I am with Hallok with him we slew Lolth. We did this for each and every one of you. We have heard your cries we have felt your tears. With each passing day we weeped until we could have no more of it." I shift my cloud self to represent what I'm about to say as I tell the tale. " We stormed her realm and came to Lolth and beseeched her to change to help us to make the world better for all the drow. No she would not have it. Again and again we beseeched her but she would have nothing of it. Than she threatened to destroy us. We fought back. She was weak. We took her power and made it our own. Now we come before you and beseech you to help us in making the world a better place. Are you weak or are you strong?"

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'll go ahead and shift into one random Drow from the crowd, and I'll have it grow a few Tentacles(like four, maybe eight), Claws on both of it's hands, a pair of horns, and a tail (oh and also burning a wild shape to have the armor morph with me)

11. - Top - End - #821

Knack simply hops along, he doesn't exactly have any power left to do anything. All Knick Knack looks like is a metal monstrostity with huge, razor sharp claws. He has polished his armor and has stolen some clothes from a Drow clothes line while no one was looking.
    Last edited by blade artist; 2012-05-24 at 06:04 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

12. - Top - End - #822

BlackDragon

Hallok winces, and he and his three Vampire Drow teleport to the center, casting Mass Fly. Darius casts a limited wish to amplify Hallok's voice enormously. Not exactly as I pictured it, but it will have to do.... I am humbled, truly, to be here this day before you all-the greatest race in all the multiverse! I am Hallok, a Drow such as yourselves, and it was I who slew Lolth- with countless blasts of thunderous magic, I ended her reign on our fair people. Now, I come with tidings of a new life for the Drow, so we may make peace with the other races, and slay all who would harm us. I will not be like Lolth, a heartless, aloof monster. I am truly one of you- I have lived a life as a Drow, have experienced all the hardships our race has faced, and mourned all who have sacrificed themselves for the welfare of our people. Let us all now weep for the lives of those passed! Weep, and remember their deaths! I will guide us to our vengeance, so that we may crush our oppressors and take our rightful place in the world! All I require is that you worship me, in place of the tyrant who was to weak to face the wrath of the people she oppressed!

Hallok speaks for a good while longer, his voice full of emotion. He tells of his own experiences, and of other Drow, and stresses his ability and desire to bring the Drow to glory.

Perform (Oratory) Check: [roll0] (sorry, lots of bonuses, and it would take a while to list them all. Moment of prescience and a +20 item are pretty major though.

Hallok ends his speech with a single phrase of Drow pride and conquest, in the language of the Drow, and then Darius raises his fist with an echoing cry of Praise Hallok, God of the Drow!

Assuming the Drow go crazy wild and start the worshipping, Hallok requests for Aurora to reverse the spell. If this works, how many divine ranks to I obtain?
    The Drow look at you slightly confused... then you hear murmurs from the stands...

I fly up a good deal and use my gaseous form to make a massive cloud surrounding the people. "I am Jack Ova Legend Trades. Master of all magic both arcane and divine. I can create and destroy all that I see with but a whim. I am power defined and I am with Hallok with him we slew Lolth. We did this for each and every one of you. We have heard your cries we have felt your tears. With each passing day we weeped until we could have no more of it." I shift my cloud self to represent what I'm about to say as I tell the tale. " We stormed her realm and came to Lolth and beseeched her to change to help us to make the world better for all the drow. No she would not have it. Again and again we beseeched her but she would have nothing of it. Than she threatened to destroy us. We fought back. She was weak. We took her power and made it our own. Now we come before you and beseech you to help us in making the world a better place. Are you weak or are you strong?"
    When they hear the question they look at each other and shrug... WE ARE WEAK!!!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Than follow and we shall make you strong."

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok snarls in anger. He had just given the most moving speech in his lifetime, and they were doing nothing! He casts a timestop, using a wish from Darius to make it last several minutes. He then casts contact other plane to contact Vecna. What is going on here? Why do the drow not react to my speech? Is Lolth behind this?
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-05-24 at 12:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825

BlackDragon

"Than follow and we shall make you strong."
    A little Drow boy stands up. How do we know we can trust you?

Hallok snarls in anger. He had just given the most moving speech in his lifetime, and they were doing nothing! He casts a timestop, using a wish from Darius to make it last several minutes. He then casts contact other plane to contact Vecna. What is going on here? Why do the drow not react to my speech? Is Lolth behind this?
    Well, in theory Lolth is behind this, because your soul now contains a portion of her soul... It is possible the other Drow can sense Lolths soul within you...

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok sighs. Well then, if that is so, how do I destroy her soul while still keeping my own, and the power within it?

17. - Top - End - #827

BlackDragon

Hallok sighs. Well then, if that is so, how do I destroy her soul while still keeping my own, and the power within it?
    To my understanding, there is no way.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"You can trust me in that I have little to gain from you while you are weak but if you are strong peace can be had.I swear that if you follow I can make you a race unlike any other."

19. - Top - End - #829

BlackDragon

"You can trust me in that I have little to gain from you while you are weak but if you are strong peace can be had.I swear that if you follow I can make you a race unlike any other."
    Woah... What you're telling us is that there are other races like us?... Where? says a Drow with a gaping head wound.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"nay they pale in comparison to the mighty drow but we could be more than what we are. Live peacefully and die in a while or work for a bit and live longer than you could possibly dream."

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok groans. Fine, thank you for your assistance, oh wise and mighty lord of secrets, etc. He then ends the time stop, turning to Darius. He orders him to cast Trap the Soul on Hallok, combining it with a wish from himself and from Hallok and a miracle from Celeste to attempt to remove only Lolth's aura and personality. He also specifies that they must break the gem if the spell seems to have functioned in a way that is to his disliking.

If that needs a spellcraft check or something too, here it is. (1d20+140)[145] EDIT: Actually is +150, thus a total of 155. I forgot that MoP is +20, not +10.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-05-24 at 06:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #832

BlackDragon

"nay they pale in comparison to the mighty drow but we could be more than what we are. Live peacefully and die in a while or work for a bit and live longer than you could possibly dream."
    Oh... purple is a pretty color. says the same Drow.

Hallok groans. Fine, thank you for your assistance, oh wise and mighty lord of secrets, etc. He then ends the time stop, turning to Darius. He orders him to cast Trap the Soul on Hallok, combining it with a wish from himself and from Hallok and a miracle from Celeste to attempt to remove only Lolth's aura and personality. He also specifies that they must break the gem if the spell seems to have functioned in a way that is to his disliking.

If that needs a spellcraft check or something too, here it is. [roll0] EDIT: Actually is +150, thus a total of 155. I forgot that MoP is +20, not +10.
    Lolth's aura is capable of being removed... but, her minor personality quirks can only be removed along with her soul.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

so that urge to cackle maliciously isn't just me... phew

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok sighs. It'll do, I suppose. Good work, you two. He then mentally contacts Jack, Knick, Aurora, and Rigel. I need the four of you to leave. I managed to remove Lolth's aura from myself, but the three of you still have it, and I don't want you scaring them. He then opens a gate to Jack's island for them.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-05-24 at 08:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

alright, runs thru the gate, and after he's on the other side screamsAh! a voice in my head! get it out! get it out! and runs around in circles

26. - Top - End - #836

Don't worry you, you get used to them when around Magic. No, you don't! Shut up, George! Knack mentally messages to the new guy.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

27. - Top - End - #837
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

You know what, I think I'll just change into the most sane Creature I know changes into a Chaos Roc, and proceeds to try to reach Escape Velocity (which amounts to flying in a circle, at max speed (which still doesn't meet it.. but still)

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Gentleman spread out Speck return to from whence you came Knick to zippy display your power I shall speak to my dwarves." Still as a cloud I make myself look like a massive hurricane and loom towards the island. As I surround it trying to act like a raging storm I say. "I have returned as power itself my people." I also take a look around to see how my island is doing.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

He flys up thru the atmosphere, up where the air is near (A.K.A. Pretty damn high) until he is no longer visible...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey do you guys remember this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rigel View Post
    My Character is Myrddin Oisín. He at first glance appears to be an ordinary human (No word on overall looks, he changes them quite regularly), but with wings. He currently can't return to Vento Bendicido without a really good disguise (which isn't much of an issue anymore)...

He is currently flying around, and looking for a vaguely interesting group of adventurers that are doing something cool... unfortunately it's kinda hard to see something from 100 feet up... maybe if there were some dragons attacking a city... then he might help them...

By them I mean the dragons.
    He is trying to head there.
    Last edited by Sir Rigel; 2012-05-24 at 11:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #840

Knack walks back to the city. He walks into a near plaza. HEY! YO! People, come I have great news... I am a god. That's pretty much it. Anyone want ta' worship me so that I may actually be of some use?

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]