New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [d&d 3.5] Anyone want to crash a party? (IC)

Hallok breathes deeply, turning to the crowd once again, and amplifies his voice again. I apolagize for the confusion, ladies and gentlemen. Please, be so kind as to hear my words this time, and let them fill you with hope and veneration....
    Hallok begins his speech again, making another that is longer, and more passionate. He empowers this one with magic, too, to make his words have more impact. He finishes once again with a great cry of Drowic pride, and uses programmed images throughout to show the scenes he describes. At the end, Darius cries once more, ALL HAIL HALLOK, GOD OF THE DROW! This time, he uses a limited wish to make his voice roar throughout the arena, not enough to damage his ears, but enough for everyone to hear it.

Perform (Oratory) check, adding MoP this time. (1d20+165)[171]
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Doomboy911 View Post
    "Gentleman spread out Speck return to from whence you came Knick to zippy display your power I shall speak to my dwarves." Still as a cloud I make myself look like a massive hurricane and loom towards the island. As I surround it trying to act like a raging storm I say. "I have returned as power itself my people." I also take a look around to see how my island is doing.
    Your island is a dense jungle...

Quote Originally Posted by blade artist View Post
    Knack walks back to the city. He walks into a near plaza. HEY! YO! People, come I have great news... I am a god. That's pretty much it. Anyone want ta' worship me so that I may actually be of some use?
    Why would we worship you? The last time you were here you destroyed 6 city blocks!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Hallok breathes deeply, turning to the crowd once again, and amplifies his voice again. I apolagize for the confusion, ladies and gentlemen. Please, be so kind as to hear my words this time, and let them fill you with hope and veneration....
    Hallok begins his speech again, making another that is longer, and more passionate. He empowers this one with magic, too, to make his words have more impact. He finishes once again with a great cry of Drowic pride, and uses programmed images throughout to show the scenes he describes. At the end, Darius cries once more, ALL HAIL HALLOK, GOD OF THE DROW! This time, he uses a limited wish to make his voice roar throughout the arena, not enough to damage his ears, but enough for everyone to hear it.

Perform (Oratory) check, adding MoP this time. [roll0]
    They look at you, much more trusting than before, and all yell in unison ALL HAIL HALLOK!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey! That was Zippy! Actually, why is he captain of the guard if he destoys the city more than protect it? And who the heck would be powerful enough to be his master?!... Can any of you take me to see the mayor of this city? I would like to have a chat with him, Knack says as he steps down from the elevated platform. By the way, if I have enough followers to grant spells to my clerics, they will be able to help repair the city, for I am a god of artifice!
    Last edited by blade artist; 2012-05-25 at 08:39 AM.
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

4. - Top - End - #844

BlackDragon

Hey! That was Zippy! Actually, why is he captain of the guard if he destoys the city more than protect it? And who the heck would be powerful enough to be his master?!... Can any of you take me to see the mayor of this city? I would like to have a chat with him, Knack says as he steps down from the elevated platform. By the way, if I have enough followers to grant spells to my clerics, they will be able to help repair the city, for I am a god of artifice!
    Zippy has always been a little destructive... but, he never went that destructive until you showed up... as for the mayor... he's in City Hall...

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Tears of joy well in Hallok's eyes as he looks around. I promise, things are going to be better than ever before. You may now return to your homes, but I will call another session next week, at which point you will see exactly what I will give you, though only those who wish to attend must do so- I'll make sure the corpses stay put, too.
    Hallok then mentally contacts Aurora, asking her to reverse the spell.

So, NOW how many divine ranks to I have?

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"My people make light so I may see you. Your new god commands it of you."
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558

(Screw the point)-Doomboy911

7. - Top - End - #847

BlackDragon

Tears of joy well in Hallok's eyes as he looks around. I promise, things are going to be better than ever before. You may now return to your homes, but I will call another session next week, at which point you will see exactly what I will give you, though only those who wish to attend must do so- I'll make sure the corpses stay put, too.
    Hallok then mentally contacts Aurora, asking her to reverse the spell.

So, NOW how many divine ranks to I have?
    The Drow all return to their original place... meaning that even you and you vampires are returned to you spots.

As for divine ranks... in theory you would get the same number of ranks as Lolth had but, that would be slightly game breaking... so, I'm going to say you're now divine rank 1... for now, until they have more trust in you and you prove to them that they should believe in you.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok then Plane Shifts to Mephistopheles' throne room, bringing his vampires, Celeste, and Raalzak with him. Who is there? (I assume Mephistopheles is)

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Oh, and also, what level are we now? Did we get anything from the lolth/zippy fights exp-wise?

10. - Top - End - #850

BlackDragon

Hallok then Plane Shifts to Mephistopheles' throne room, bringing his vampires, Celeste, and Raalzak with him. Who is there? (I assume Mephistopheles is)
    You are correct...

Oh, and also, what level are we now? Did we get anything from the lolth/zippy fights exp-wise?
    You gained enough experience to jump up one and a half lvls.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok looks at Mephistopheles, smiling. Ah, Mephistopheles, Lord of Hellfire. I must say, I am a long time admirer of yours. Now, I am Hallok, the new God of the Drow people. I come here to offer you service. A war is coming to the Nine Hells, Mephistopheles. A war that will change everything. Asmodeus is powerful, yes, but with my aid, you will be the one to slay him.

Hallok conjures a chair via major creation, and sits down. Of course, I have a price. If I do everything in my power to ensure that you rise victorious, I would ask that you would grant me mastery over hellfire- you see, fire is a passion of mine, but it seems many things are simply immune to its effects. If you can give me the power to make my fire spells penateate fire immunity, I will do everything in my power to ensure that the lord of the eight... Hallok grins. Becomes lord of the nine. Do we have an agreement?

Diplomacy check: (1d20+128)[133]
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-05-26 at 05:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852

BlackDragon

Hallok looks at Mephistopheles, smiling. Ah, Mephistopheles, Lord of Hellfire. I must say, I am a long time admirer of yours. Now, I am Hallok, the new God of the Drow people. I come here to offer you service. A war is coming to the Nine Hells, Mephistopheles. A war that will change everything. Asmodeus is powerful, yes, but with my aid, you will be the one to slay him.

Hallok conjures a chair via major creation, and sits down. Of course, I have a price. If I do everything in my power to ensure that you rise victorious, I would ask that you would grant me mastery over hellfire- you see, fire is a passion of mine, but it seems many things are simply immune to its effects. If you can give me the power to make my fire spells penateate fire immunity, I will do everything in my power to ensure that the lord of the eight... Hallok grins. Becomes lord of the nine. Do we have an agreement?

Diplomacy check: [roll0]
    Lord of the nine... that has a nice ring to it... I shall grant you the mastery over Hellfire.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok grins, accepting the power. He creates a 14-times enhanced and intensified Sphere of Ultimate Destruction (Using my 73rd-level slot from deific spellcasting) Really, Mephistopheles, I'm disappointed in you. Baalbezul would have caught on to my particular phraseology immediately. Ah, well, I suppose you always were his lesser.

Hallok then directs the enormous black sphere to pound into Mephistopheles' chest. He takes 3240 damage, or 3030 with a successful DC 168 fortitude save. If Mephistopheles is still up after that, he casts quickened persistent time stop.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Barbarian in the Playground

Knack goes off to city hall to hopefully see the mayor, or else make an appointnent to see him soon. He also tries to avoid Zippy if at all possible.

Didn't we have it that there would be a night right after all the Lolth business?
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

15. - Top - End - #855

BlackDragon

Hallok grins, accepting the power. He creates a 14-times enhanced and intensified Sphere of Ultimate Destruction (Using my 73rd-level slot from deific spellcasting) Really, Mephistopheles, I'm disappointed in you. Baalbezul would have caught on to my particular phraseology immediately. Ah, well, I suppose you always were his lesser.

Hallok then directs the enormous black sphere to pound into Mephistopheles' chest. He takes 3240 damage, or 3030 with a successful DC 168 fortitude save. If Mephistopheles is still up after that, he casts quickened persistent time stop.
    You receive no power... and destroy a Programed Image... good for you.

Knack goes off to city hall to hopefully see the mayor, or else make an appointnent to see him soon. He also tries to avoid Zippy if at all possible.

Didn't we have it that there would be a night right after all the Lolth business?
    Yes, there was a night... I skipped over it...

Also, Zippy is no where to be seen...

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Oh, did I?
    Hallok uses his amulet of second chances to turn time back one round. He casts persistent true seeing, and then calls out. I can assure you, there is no need for someone do mighty as you to hide from me.

17. - Top - End - #857

BlackDragon

Oh, did I?
    Hallok uses his amulet of second chances to turn time back one round. He casts persistent true seeing, and then calls out. I can assure you, there is no need for someone do mighty as you to hide from me.
    I am not hiding... I'm standing right here. says the Image.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok sighs. Really, Mephistopheles. You cannot fool me. Grant me the power of Hellfire, and I will fulfill my end of the deal.

19. - Top - End - #859

BlackDragon

Hallok sighs. Really, Mephistopheles. You cannot fool me. Grant me the power of Hellfire, and I will fulfill my end of the deal.
    The Image wavers out of existence... and another walks out of a room to the left... If you want control over Hellfire, you must endure the fires of Hell first...

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok smirks. Fine, fine, if it pleases you. He mentally contacts Celeste, asking her to bring him back to life should he be killed.

21. - Top - End - #861

BlackDragon

Hallok smirks. Fine, fine, if it pleases you. He mentally contacts Celeste, asking her to bring him back to life should he be killed.
    Very well then... the Image walks over to you and touches you on the shoulder... there is a slight burning sensation that slowly becomes more painful as time goes on (you loose 1+ ( 1/ round) hit points until you complete the task), If you can defeat 3 Pit Fiends using No Magic, Weapons or Items... and bathe in the blood of the fiends, then that burning sensation will end and you will have control over Hellfire.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok smiles. I'll see what I can do. Where are the fiends?

23. - Top - End - #863

BlackDragon

Hallok smiles. I'll see what I can do. Where are the fiends?
    You must find your own fiends...

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Hey Hallok what'cha up to?" I think at him.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Taking care of some Baatorian politics. Hallok thinks back. If you would be so kind, I'd suggest you deal with Baalbezul.

Hallok then summons three pit fiends with a gate spell (he never said I couldn't find them with magic), choosing not to take control of them. Well, Mephistopheles, are you going to order them to kill me?

26. - Top - End - #866

BlackDragon

Taking care of some Baatorian politics. Hallok thinks back. If you would be so kind, I'd suggest you deal with Baalbezul.

Hallok then summons three pit fiends with a gate spell (he never said I couldn't find them with magic), choosing not to take control of them. Well, Mephistopheles, are you going to order them to kill me?
    They know what to do...

Initiative:
    1: (1d20+12)[14]
    2: (1d20+12)[21]
    3: (1d20+12)[32]

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20+35)[36]

Hallok looks at the pit fiends, smiling. You don't want to fight me, do you? There are others, aren't there, whose blood you crave far more. Join me, serve me, and I will make you powerful beyond your wildest dreams.

Diplomacy Check: (1d20+135)[153] (incorporating -10 penalty for rushing)

28. - Top - End - #868

BlackDragon

[roll0]

Hallok looks at the pit fiends, smiling. You don't want to fight me, do you? There are others, aren't there, whose blood you crave far more. Join me, serve me, and I will make you powerful beyond your wildest dreams.

Diplomacy Check: [roll1] (incorporating -10 penalty for rushing)
    LOL you rolled a 1 for initiative... not that it matters.

Nonetheless, one of the Pit Fiends looks at you. No, I'm pretty sure we want to fight you...

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

With no response from his people Jack casts Plane shift to bring himself to Celestia and kneel. "For those that can hear I intend to do this land a great good and I require assistance."
    Last edited by Doomboy911; 2012-05-29 at 12:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hallok sighs. So be it, though I fail to see how you expect to win. Hallok then orders Raalzak to destroy them. Raalzak's initiative: (1d20+32)[46]

Raalzak uses his breath weapon, applying the maximize breath and breath weapon substitution feats to do electric damage. Each pit fiend takes 380 electric damage (Reflex 107 half)

Hallok chuckles. It seems Raalzak here is not an item, weapon, or a usage of magic. You never did specify that I cannot use my servants, you know.