New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

Please feel free to describe your character...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

Melk

-- Back Story --
    Spoiler
    Show
    The once guardian of a sacred Ogre order, he failed in his actions to defend their most cherished secrets. He was then horribly scarred and banished from the order forever, even though he was actually a scapegoat used to preserve the order's rule over the Fey lands they controlled. Enraged by their actions towards him, he dedicated his life to using his wild emotions and harnessing them into a powerful weapon. Even using the very scars placed on him as symbols to empower his body further.
    When he gained the knowledge and strength he desired, he ventured forth and slew the new guardians in order to obtain the most sacred item the order had; a sword named "Hecronorus O' Balme'ha" (Aka in common: Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon). Wielding the powerful weapon, he slaughtered all the members of the order that wronged him, and destroyed all remnants of their existence; minus the sword.
    His people, to his surprise, marked him as a hero for releasing them of the order's oppressive rule single-handed. The people and creatures of the land worshiped him as their savior and gave him countless gifts and privileges. Enjoying their gifts but the not the ideas of ruling or supporting the land that shunned him, Melk took the items granted to him and had the land choose its next ruler and/or manner of rule. He did supervise this, but then immediately left as soon as a consensus was reached.
    Now, Melk travels the planes in search of purpose and adventure as he had dedicated most of his life to vengeance and not much else.

-- Appearance --
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melk looks like an dark-grey skinned Ogre with very large tusks. He is scarred with various emblems that resemble symbols to various gods and orders. He is actually not as tall as most Ogres, but still has a very powerful presence around him.
    He carries very little, other than the various magical equipments on his body, and is always in search of items that worthy being held by him. His armor is blackened by years of fire spells and negative energy effects, but holds true. His sword is always at hand, granting him otherworldly perception when wielded. The other items appear as basic equipment with a strong magical auras when observed with magical detection spells.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-03-10 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slissht and Shhalt (Shiver and Shake in the frost giant tongue) are twin sister frost giants, but they are far from the norm for a frost giant female.

To begin with, they rival any of their male counterparts in terms of strength, and are warriors to match any one of them. Even though the frost giants do not expect their women to bear arms, Shiver and Shake are both very accomplished with their greatswords, and any giant (or any creature for that matter) that tries to say that they shouldnt be doing such things, they are going to receive an unpleasant reaction.

Another difference is the very weapons they use, while frost giants are more known for greataxes and hammers, Shiver and Shake both use greatswords, a weapon that requires even more skill. Again, its very unusual among frost giant tribes, but commenting on it is likely to ignite their volatile tempers.

Still another change from the norm is their beauty, both Shiver and Shake would rival some of the most beautiful human women, and far outstrip their frost giant kin. Even though they both tower over 14 feet tall, their looks are stunning, and all of their attributes are just on that much larger a scale.

Shiver and Shake were both daughters of a would be frost giant jarl, who hoped that by marrying off his gorgeous (if a little headstrong) girls, he would be able to secure valuable alliances. Unfortunately for him, both Shiver and Shake had no intention of being some sort of trophy wife; and both of the arranged weddings ended badly (the death of the grooms being the end result).

After this unfortunate event the sisters were banished, or choose to leave (depending on whose story you want to believe) from the settlement. For the sisters, this proved to be the best thing that could have happened for the advancement of their careers. Freed from the constraints of what their father and their tribe thought they should be, they were able to fully exploit their abilities and talents and as a result gained power very quickly. Their style tended to lack a lot of subtlety, using simple power and straight forward attacks, but there was no arguing its success. They quickly carved a swath of destruction in their mountains and hills, building up a reputation to be feared; and yet there were also reports of the occasional “friendly” contact with them...which given their beauty, has given them even more of an allure to be sought out by thrill seekers. Of course, those that do such would be well advised to have an escape plan in mind, in case the sisters are not entertaining visitors.

Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shiver and Shake are twin frost giant sisters, but they are not identical. In most respects, Shiver is just a bit bigger than Shake, however both are almost 15 feet tall, and weigh well over 2000 pounds. Both are very beautiful, even by human standards, which makes them almost incomparable by frost giant standards. They both have the long blonde hair, blue eyes and white skin that is common to their race, but unlike most frost giant warriors, they disdain armour. As well, unlike most frost giants, they use greatswords instead of greataxes, and both of their weapons seem to have a black, rippling sheen to them, almost as if they were covered in oil. As well as the normal accoutrements of any wandering adventurer, both of them wear a great deal of jewelry, necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc. A few of these pieces seem to have just a little bit more of a sparkle to them, marking them as magical, but the greatest majority are just mundane, although quite expensive.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #4

BlackDragon

I know this isn't much because I'm purely writing what comes to mind but, lets see how it goes..
    You all are standing in a Forrest that is just west of a farming town... you can see a river running along the south side of the town... a mile and a half off to the north is a mountain range, it begins to rain rather heavily, there is a bright flash of light near the middle of the mountains, it illuminates a group of travelers... What would you like to do?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Shake, who was busy sharpening her greatsword, stands as she sees the travellers, and holds her weapon in a ready position.

We dont care for people sneaking up on us, if you have peaceful business, advance and make yourself known, otherwise prepare to defend yourself.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver, who sees this situation pretty much the same way her sister does, stands with her as well, also with sword in hand. She awaits to see what the newcomers will do.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #7

BlackDragon

An old lady steps forward and saysOh my... those are rather large swords, but do you know how to use them?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Appearance

Spoiler
    Show
    The Stone is a Ogre mage. His ogre blood is obvious, but like all ogre mages he is much more clean and hygienic. A large size creature, he is physically hulking with strength and borders big size even for a large size creature. He wears very little over his torse, with the exception to a glamored suit of mithril armor that he has made look like a loose fitting netted shirt. His hair is cut very short, and he has tattoos of dragons on his arms. On his belt is a huge sized bastard sword which he wields with little trouble. Those with true seeing see that he actually has copper colored scales all over his body, a obvious draconic heritage, claws and wings.

On his side is his gold dragon companion, which usually takes the form of a snake or a eagle. Currently it is a eagle. In dragon form. it is a lanky looking dragon with very shiny gold scales, and a very light and thin barding over it. A ruby is embedded in her chest and it glows red.

OOC Questions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we all in one tribe/group now?
    Did this old woman come from the group that just showed up?
    Can you tell us how many are in the group and any important physical descriptions?

Turning his head, the ogre sniffs the air for a moment as he puffs himself up slightly. Then he turns his head to face this old woman who challenges them. An eagle sits on his shoulder.
    "Do you not know who you speak with? Do you not have eyes, which gaze upon some of the strongest warriors of the land? Listen you old little Gebroni, The Stone has no wish to lay the righteous beating on you. But if you have come to challenge the Stone, then so be it! THE STONE WILL LAYETH THE SMACKITH DOWNITH ON ANYONE YOU GOT!!!"

The stone then draws his huge size bastard sword from his belt and adopts a stance that appears to leave his defenses wide open. Temporarily holding the sword in one hand, he extends the other arm out with his palm open and facing upward. He makes several taunting motions with his hand for her to attack.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-14 at 01:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Stone adopts the mystic phoenix stance, and sacrifices a 5th level spell up doing do. In addition, he grants a +4 bonus to anyone who attacks him, but they provoke an attack of opportunity if they do so.

Intimidate (1d20+36)[37]

Spot for Nazelia (1d20+27)[35]
    Listen for Nazelia (1d20+27)[34]
    To her, something doesn't seem right and she is trying to make sense of the situation.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Melk

Melk wonders what the woman is saying and why The Stone started getting all aggravated and annoyed by her words. Though this wasn't uncommon, Melk couldn't tell why the sudden shift; perhaps an insult or a demeaning adjective placed on The Stone's name?

Spoiler
    Show
    Melk only speaks Giant and probably wouldn't respond to his "friend's" outburst.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Description (Sorry I didn't post this sooner)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gormunth's relatively quiet and deliberate (at least until he's spurred to action) manner might surprise some. Standing at around three stories and weighing two tons does teach some patience and care, however. His most noticeable feature, other than the swirling patterns of colors, reminiscent of a bubbling mud bog, and heavy stone-like patches of his skin are his arms; Long, powerful, muscular... all six of them. His next most noticeable feature is his gargantuan long hafted Warhammer, which radiates with a cleansing power that some assume to be holy. He at first seems unarmored until you realize that the maze of iron and steel buckles, and leather straps that hold his uncountable sheaths, scabbards, and hooks of all sizes and shapes are so thickly woven about him as to be his armor.

Stepping forward a bit and hefting his hammer with his uppermost left arm, Gor reaches out and puts a hand on his companions' shoulders; each of them that he can reach, at least. Calm yourselves, my friends. Why must we always be so hasty, hm? Turning his attention to the woman he continues, Excuse my friends, Honored Mother; they can be a bit.... zealous in their desire to protect our group. Though, if you don't mind a bit of friendly advice I'd tell you not to ever question the fine sword arms of my frosty companions here, he pats the shoulders of the twins, giving a deep chuckle. If I may be so forward, he continues, bringing his hands back to the elongated haft of his hammer, and holding it loosely clasped in each hand, perpendicular to the ground in front of him as he casually strolls to flank the group, ducking tree branches absent-mindedly as he goes.What brings you all out here?

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

OoC Answers
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed you all were traveling together. I'm sorry if I was wrong.
    Yes. She is from the group that showed up.

You see the old woman and one other person, a male dragonborn. The old woman states My, you are quite observant... I do not have eyes., the dragonborn heaves his sword, which appears to be many times too large for him, onto his shoulder and says We are out here patrolling. A group of humanoids came through the town over here.. He points to the town that you say. Then looking at GormunthAnd I would ask you the same...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Well met my friend, you can call me Gor. I'd shake your hand, but I'm just as likely to take it back with me, His laughter rings out, deep and from the stomach, loud enough that one might be glad he wasn't in the snowy mountains. As to what we're doing out here, well, as you can see most of my companions, and myself, simply aren't built for your average inn. Or, rather they're not built for us, his laughter rings out again, and his smile seems genuine enough, but his eyes are constantly searching the surrounding forest. Not that I'm likely to notice anything, he thinks.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The stone puts his sword away.

"Yeah, the stone didn't think so...."

15. - Top - End - #15

BlackDragon

The old woman says Did you hear that Lawrence? Lawrence, the dragonborn, replies with No, I didn't. What is it Megan? Megan, the old woman, says I think we've found what attacked the town... or rather it's found us. I would suggest making a listen check...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SHAKE

You are mistaken. We have not attacked a town...yet...and if we had attacked a town, there would not be anything left of it. Dont accuse us of crimes we havent committed...we've got plenty enough we have done

(1d20+9)[26] Listen (for Shake)
    and I'll do Shiver as well
    (1d20+10)[21] Listen (for Shiver)

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She wasn't blaming any of you... and I'll assume you share the knowledge that you are just getting with the group.

You hear a rustling in the bushes around you... and a slight growling.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

SHIVER

Shiver looks around to where she hears the rustling.

Theres something in the bushes everyone. Be ready. You there she looks to the woman What village was attacked and who did it?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Melk

Melk notices all the commotion and reads the reactions of his allies. Though he can't quite tell who their enemies are, he'll ready himself for whatever will appear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drawing his Greatsword
    - His weapon grants him Blindsight up to 30ft.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Drunchard
    Drunchard lets out a deep laugh.
    This is a funny joke! A motley band of watchmen come out and start acusing the greatest warriors of the land
    Drunchard makes a cruel comment targeting the dragonborn.
    ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Damn you skyrim, when I think dragonborn I now think of the dragonborn from the trailer yelling at a dragon.
    Time to be on the receiving end of my giant killing tactics.
    Also Cruel Comment:
    Cruel Comment (Ex): At 5th level, the Jester has learned to say extremely funny but hurtful things about others. As a swift action, the Jester can make a Bluff check opposed by the target’s level plus Charisma check. If the target fails this check, he suffers a -4 to attack rolls, saves, and all other checks. This effect lasts 3 rounds. This is a language-dependant ability.
    Bluff check: (1d20+34)[48]
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

I do not think it is us she speaks of us, Gor mutters in Giant. Gor limbers up his arms, hefting his hammer in a more obviously ready position. He moves to place himself away from his allies and these new comers, so as to best utilize his size and strength when the enemy shows itself. A radiant light suddenly begins to pour out of Gor's skin.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gor places himself in the best position he can so that as many attackers as possible can surround him, so he can use his Massive Swing
    Spoiler
    Show

I can hit every creature within my threatened area, and since I have a 15ft reach that's, what, 60 squares? (I apply the same attack roll to all the enemies in those squares, but roll damage separately.) Walls and similar obstacles can block a massive swing. Start with one square that the war hulk threatens. Each successive square chosen must be adjacent to the previous square and have line of effect from that square. Two squares separated by a wall, for instance, can’t be chosen as adjacent squares for a massive swing. The war hulk may skip creatures, attacking only those he wants to. For example, if there are three creatures in a row—an enemy, an ally, and nother enemy—the war hulk can choose to strike only the two enemies. If a war hulk drops one of his foes with a massive swing, he may make a cleave attack normally. However, he may do so only once for every time he swings, even if he drops more than one foe.
    to best advantage and activates his Protective Aura
    Spoiler
    Show
    20’ radius nimbus of light that acts as a double strength Magic Circle against
    Evil
    and a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability.

Oh, and just a heads up so no one (especially me) forgets; my weapon is a brilliant energy weapon, so it can't affect inanimate matter. I can't attack objects, constructs or undead with it, but with living creatures I'm always attacking their touch AC. Seemed like a nice trade to me.
    Last edited by The_Unknown; 2012-03-15 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Grammar Ussage and Mechanics. Oh the basics...

22. - Top - End - #22

BlackDragon

Atilersberg was attacked. Megan points to the town. And we're not exactly sure what it was but it was humanoid in shape.

Melk:... you... you can tell where it is...

Drunchard: you are very successful at your cruel comment, there was no way he could've made it with a sense motive of +2...

Gor: you can ignore the trees with your weapon... that's amazing.

So, since you all either know where it is or could easily find it by attacking where everyone else does... Surprise Round for you all!!!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Melk! Would you learn the common tongue already? We are being ambushed and these two have pointed it out. They are friendly but what's in the bushes isn't," Sgrag shouts out in giant, knowing his companion only speaks such. Sgrag then pulls his glistening greataxe from his back and looks around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen
    (1d20+11)[16]
    (1d20+11)[26]

Sgrag is a troll, just short of nine feet tall and very muscular. Though short compared to most of his companions he looks no less formitable. He wears no visible armor, just a finely woven fabric vest and pants and dark leather boots. His dark green skin, where exposed, shows signs of a long and hard life. His hair is a mess of muddy brown dreds and his eyes a bright emerald green. The rain seems to effect him little. He wears a pair of steel gauntlets that end in claws and a necklace to match. His greataxe glistens with a magical aura and the head seems to be nearly translucent..

EDIT: Can we get some type of crude battlemap or idea of what we see? I also have brilliant energy weapon, great at high levels.
    Last edited by stanleyindraven; 2012-03-15 at 08:33 AM.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Initiative (1d20+10)[27]

Sgrag will charge the noisy bush and swing at whatever lay in wait.

Attack/Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

1: (1d20+34)[36] / (3d6+24)[40]
    2: (1d20+29)[41] / (3d6+24)[31]
    3: (1d20+24)[30] / (3d6+24)[35]
    4: (1d20+19)[29] / (3d6+24)[35]

Crit Conf if I roll a 20
    1: (1d20+34)[41] / (3d6+24)[36]
    2: (1d20+29)[38] / (3d6+24)[34]
    3: (1d20+24)[31] / (3d6+24)[31]
    4: (1d20+19)[32] / (3d6+24)[35]
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

25. - Top - End - #25

BlackDragon

You miss with every swing... and since your weapon is brilliant energy, you don't affect the bushes either...

OoC: I'd love to give you a map but my phone wont let me... I'm sorry.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeing the direction that Sgrag went Gor perks up a bit and charges in as well, taking his mighty Hammer in all six hands and laying about him at all attackers.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1 - (1d20+44)[50] DamageA1 - (4d6+108)[119] Bonus Damage for Charge - (4d6)[14]

Attack 2 - (1d20+39)[48] DamageA2 - (4d6+108)[120]

Storm of Steel Attack - (1d20+44)[54] DamageSSA - (4d6+108)[124]

Attack and damage rolls apply to all enemies within 15ft and attack is against touch AC. If I get any extra attacks from Great Cleave can we just assume the rolls are the same for the sake of expedience? I think that's everything important... OH, Initiative - (1d20+9)[23]. There, now I think that's all. If I missed any important things that involve rolling I'll just roll in the OOC and edit in, yatta yatta standard stuff.

Stats(work in progress)(Mostly for my own convenience, lol)
    Spoiler
    Show

HP:412/412
    (Fast healing 1/2HD(9))
    ----
    Defenses-
    Normal AC:21 [Touch-13, Flat Footed 17]
    Current AC mod: -4
    DR: 10/evil
    Immune to: Fire, Acid, Cold, Electricity, Petrification, Critical Hits.
    ----
    Saves-
    Fort:27
    Ref:13
    Will:7
    ----
    Languages:All, due to Tongues constantly on.
    Last edited by The_Unknown; 2012-03-15 at 01:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

BlackDragon

Well... Gor hits with all of his attacks causing the creature to cry out in anguish... it comes out of the bushes, and you can clearly see that it is a wolf like humanoid... it doesn't look like its terribly injured...
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-03-15 at 11:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative (1d20+14)[28]

Surprise round is just a Standard action and a swift, right?

Free action, redraw weapon. The stone casts Sheild as a swift action, Wings of Flurry as a standard.

(17d6)[72] Force damage

Nazelia remains active on his shoulder, looking for more.

[Roll]1d20+27[/roll] Listen

[Roll]1d20+27[/roll] Spot
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-15 at 12:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Nazelia remains active on his shoulder, looking for more.

(1d20+27)[31] Listen

(1d20+27)[32] Spot

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

SHAKE

Shake steps forward with her massive greatsword and starts attacking the wolf creature

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+48)[62] attack & (3d6+38)[52] damage
    (1d20+43)[53] attack & (3d6+38)[51] damage
    (1d20+38)[43] attack & (3d6+38)[47] damage
    (1d20+33)[52] attack & (3d6+38)[49] damage

OOC: If we only get a standard action, disregard later rolls.