New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Not even seeming phased by her beauty, the stone looks her in her eyes and tries to observe her reaction. "Yeah, we're here to see John. We have business with him."
    Ah... Well... Last I seen of him, he was going to camp out in a cave to kill a Red Dragon... she says looking deep into your eyes... you feel as if your brain is being rummaged through... Will Save DC: 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Melk (Side-bar)

Melk enters the battle facility and hopes to find a nice place to watch over his allies. He trusts they can beat most anything that comes their way, but still can't help but worry.
    He is also troubled by what is happening to Atlus and sends a telepathic message to Vitis,

"Hey Vitis my friend, how is Altus 'holding' up?... As in, is he turning into something that is not a big explosion of energy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Scott View Post
    Ah... Well... Last I seen of him, he was going to camp out in a cave to kill a Red Dragon... she says looking deep into your eyes... you feel as if your brain is being rummaged through... Will Save DC: 32.
    The stone has a third eye conceal, making him immune to "all devices, spells, or powers that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts, as well as those with the mind effecting or scrying descriptors." So likely, her powers don't do jack.
    However just in case
    Will save (1d20+25)[42]
    Spellcraft to recognize what exactly she is using (1d20+33)[40]

"Gebroni... that's just rude. We just met and you're already trying to get in the Stone's head. I've started fights for less than that. But the Stone didn't come here to fight, or else you two would already be down for the count. Now if you will invite the Stone and his lovely companion, and possibly Hanz here, into your home for a few minutes we can discuss what the Stone does know about John without you trying to break into my mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    If we do indeed have a mental link, the following was sent to Shiver and Shake.
    "Yo, Frosty Women! Just a heads up, the guard has some powerful uncover spies in the tournament, and they likely will be pitted against you. Guessing by how confident this guy is, they're probably spell casters. Don't get yourself killed. And get out of there fast when you're done, they're planning a raid in the morning."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-07-05 at 12:19 AM.

4. - Top - End - #574

BlackDragon

The stone has a third eye conceal, making him immune to "all devices, spells, or powers that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts, as well as those with the mind effecting or scrying descriptors." So likely, her powers don't do jack.
    However just in case
    Will save [roll0]
    Spellcraft to recognize what exactly she is using [roll1]

"Gebroni... that's just rude. We just met and you're already trying to get in the Stone's head. I've started fights for less than that. But the Stone didn't come here to fight, or else you two would already be down for the count. Now if you will invite the Stone and his lovely companion, and possibly Hanz here, into your home for a few minutes we can discuss what the Stone does know about John without you trying to break into my mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    If we do indeed have a mental link, the following was sent to Shiver and Shake.
    "Yo, Frosty Women! Just a heads up, the guard has some powerful uncover spies in the tournament, and they likely will be pitted against you. Guessing by how confident this guy is, they're probably spell casters. Don't get yourself killed. And get out of there fast when you're done, they're planning a raid in the morning."
    She was simply staring into your brain just to see if it works, if you like the way she looks and to see why you speak in the manor that you do...

Sorry... force of habit... please, come in... she says.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Once they have nice place to sit down, the Stone gives them the narrative since he apparently has overplayed his hand.
    "As the Stone told Hanz here, we fought alongside John against the Red Dragon. We ran into him right outside the creature's lair and joined him in his quest to kill the Red. When we entered, we found the Dragon battling a Pit fiend. Both were already hurt pretty bad, so we caught them off guard and took them out. But something weird was going on in that Lair and we got sucked into what the Stone believes was the nine hells. Not as terrible as you would imagine, but still not somewhere you'd want to live. As we were procuring transport back to this plane, he wandered off. Next thing we see of him, there's a crater with a few coins. So the Stone isn't positive it was him. But there was this black gooey thing that was flying off. The Stone flew after it, and pelted it with magic missiles until it dropped, but never could find John. It's hard to imagine that weak creature could kill him, but he never turned up. I came looking for him in hopes that he still might be alive. Does any of this mean anything to you two? Maybe it could be related to Karthane."

6. - Top - End - #576

BlackDragon

Once they have nice place to sit down, the Stone gives them the narrative since he apparently has overplayed his hand.
    "As the Stone told Hanz here, we fought alongside John against the Red Dragon. We ran into him right outside the creature's lair and joined him in his quest to kill the Red. When we entered, we found the Dragon battling a Pit fiend. Both were already hurt pretty bad, so we caught them off guard and took them out. But something weird was going on in that Lair and we got sucked into what the Stone believes was the nine hells. Not as terrible as you would imagine, but still not somewhere you'd want to live. As we were procuring transport back to this plane, he wandered off. Next thing we see of him, there's a crater with a few coins. So the Stone isn't positive it was him. But there was this black gooey thing that was flying off. The Stone flew after it, and pelted it with magic missiles until it dropped, but never could find John. It's hard to imagine that weak creature could kill him, but he never turned up. I came looking for him in hopes that he still might be alive. Does any of this mean anything to you two? Maybe it could be related to Karthane."
    She sits there completely quiet for a short time... John had said something about Karthane overstepping his boundaries...

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

"First off, The Stone doesn't read minds. Does that mean he's dead, alive, or you're as clueless as me? Second, would someone please tell me who the heck Karthane is and why everybody looks like a scared kitten when you mention his name?"

8. - Top - End - #578

BlackDragon

"First off, The Stone doesn't read minds. Does that mean he's dead, alive, or you're as clueless as me? Second, would someone please tell me who the heck Karthane is and why everybody looks like a scared kitten when you mention his name?"
    [B]I'm not sure if John is alive or not... but, we will know sooner or later. Karthane is "In Charge" of the city... he is fairly mediocre in all aspects except for his charismatic nature, which is why we chose him to be the stand in... unfortunately, he has been slowly turning the city guard against the city... making it rather unsafe to go out side at night...

9. - Top - End - #579

BlackDragon

A small fire starts next to the water that is pooling near Atlus' remains...

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Scott View Post
    [B]I'm not sure if John is alive or not... but, we will know sooner or later. Karthane is "In Charge" of the city... he is fairly mediocre in all aspects except for his charismatic nature, which is why we chose him to be the stand in... unfortunately, he has been slowly turning the city guard against the city... making it rather unsafe to go out side at night...
    "And John wasn't doing anything about him because the dragon was a bigger threat?"

11. - Top - End - #581

BlackDragon

"And John wasn't doing anything about him because the dragon was a bigger threat?"
    Well... yes the dragon was much larger than Karthane... but, no one actually knew about what Karthane was doing until John went off to slay the dragon...

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

"So if this Karthane is as big of a problem as you make it sound, and John may potentially unable to help because of Karthane, what are you two prepared to do about it?"

13. - Top - End - #583

BlackDragon

"So if this Karthane is as big of a problem as you make it sound, and John may potentially unable to help because of Karthane, what are you two prepared to do about it?"
    I was preparing to let him run his course... the woman says.

I was planning to wait until he gets control, then sneak in and take care of him... says the man who's name is eludes me... my laziness not helping.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

"While I must agree that it is a excellent plan Hanz, may I ask why you would wait for him to take control? Why not take him out before he has full control?"

"And I suppose if you can do it yourself, I will drop the subject. I thought there might be a opportunity to get paid, so that is why I inquired so much."

15. - Top - End - #585

BlackDragon

"While I must agree that it is a excellent plan Hanz, may I ask why you would wait for him to take control? Why not take him out before he has full control?"

"And I suppose if you can do it yourself, I will drop the subject. I thought there might be a opportunity to get paid, so that is why I inquired so much."
    ... Well, we are a little under maned... and you say you fought beside John... so, if you want to help we could take him out tomorrow... if you have any friends that would be willing to help as well, I'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement on payment...

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Stone knows a kobold who knows some good men... and women. If they get paid, the Stone is pretty sure he can get you some pretty hardy fighters to help. Where and when would you like to meet then?"

17. - Top - End - #587

BlackDragon

"The Stone knows a kobold who knows some good men... and women. If they get paid, the Stone is pretty sure he can get you some pretty hardy fighters to help. Where and when would you like to meet then?"
    Why don't we meet at your place... Hanz says.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

The Stone sighs.... "Hanz, you need to stop staring at this young lady's body, and start paying attention. Remember?!!! The Stone informed you he was a traveler who just happened to come across John. He just came here to find out the fate of John. The Stone does not have a place for you to meet him! How about the mage tower? Will that work?"

19. - Top - End - #589

BlackDragon

The Stone sighs.... "Hanz, you need to stop staring at this young lady's body, and start paying attention. Remember?!!! The Stone informed you he was a traveler who just happened to come across John. He just came here to find out the fate of John. The Stone does not have a place for you to meet him! How about the mage tower? Will that work?"
    He promptly stops staring at her... Sorry... and yes, the tower will work... You can see him beginning to stare again.
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-12 at 01:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, well with the quest finally accepted, why don't we give the spotlight back to Shiver and Shake, who are likely dying for a good fight?

21. - Top - End - #591

BlackDragon

At the arena, the final combatants are arriving... and the fights will be beginning shortly, starting with Shiver and one of the other combatants chosen at random (1d68)[15]... and the combatant is Elladan... A Male Grey Elf...

Shiver and Elladan stand facing each other on a slightly elevated platform that is 60 feet by 60feet, which then slowly descends to be 60 feet below where it was... You both stand 5 feet from the wall behind you to start...a bell is chimed and the fight begins... after Initiative is rolled of course...
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-19 at 11:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592

BlackDragon

Init: (1d20+23)[39]

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver

(1d20+16)[31]

EDIT: Elladan goes first
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-07-21 at 11:35 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #594

BlackDragon

Elladan retrieves a rapier from his belt... and ends his turn...
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-21 at 01:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

SHIVER

Shiver charges into the fight, her giant size easily allowing her to cover the distance, and takes one gigantic swing with her greatsword.

(1d20+54)[7](61) attack & (3d6+39)[53] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #596

BlackDragon

Elladan's face goes white for a moment after that hit... he appears to be taken a back by the power of the swing, he realizes clearly underestimated his opponent... but, then he tightens his grip on the rapier, the blade glows white (Brilliant Energy), it begins to drip acid, becomes sheathed in fire and ice, crackles with lightning, and emits a low humming sound... and he swings it at the giant...

Attack: (1d20+34)[41]

Damage: (13d6+20)[63]

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Melk

Melk enjoys the fight from the stands, chewing on some popcorn he happens to have available.

"Go Shiver! Aim for the groin if you have to!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

That attack misses. Shiver has an AC of 42, and none of it is based on metal armour, so brilliant weapon doesnt benefit him.

SHIVER

Shiver laughs at the pathetic attempt to injure her, and now in range of her opponent, she unleashes her devastating full attack routine

(1d20+52)[12](64) attack & (3d6+39)[48] damage
    (1d20+47)[5](52) attack & (3d6+39)[51] damage
    (1d20+42)[3](45) attack & (3d6+39)[47] damage
    (1d20+37)[14](51) attack & (3d6+39)[51] damage

threat confirms if applicable (threat on 17-20)

(1d20+52)[9](61) attack & (3d6+39)[48] damage
    (1d20+47)[20](67) attack & (3d6+39)[53] damage
    (1d20+42)[9](51) attack & (3d6+39)[53] damage
    (1d20+37)[10](47) attack & (3d6+39)[47] damage

EDIT: note that any damage reduction he has is negated by the shadowstriking on her blade, and connecting on her first hit
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-07-22 at 03:57 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

SHAKE

Shake cheers her sister on, and steals some of Melk's popcorn as the "battle" rages on
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

30. - Top - End - #600

BlackDragon

Elladan just stands there staring at you for a moment... slightly astonished by the fact that he was unable to injure you... he then inhales deeply, loosening his grip on the rapier slightly, all of the elemental effects stop, as does the white edge... he then swings his currently unmagical rapier a few times, knowing he will deal some damage this time...

Attacks:
    (1d20+96)[98]
    (1d20+91)[95]
    (1d20+86)[97]
    (1d20+81)[92]
    (1d20+76)[93]
    (1d20+71)[90]
    (1d20+66)[69]
    (1d20+61)[66]
    (1d20+56)[62]

Damage:
    (1d6+39)[44]
    (1d6+39)[40]
    (1d6+39)[45]
    (1d6+39)[44]
    (1d6+39)[43]
    (1d6+39)[42]
    (1d6+39)[40]
    (1d6+39)[41]
    (1d6+39)[44]
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-22 at 05:11 PM.