Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 755
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    The stone takes his turn before Hallok. Since Hallok has not yet done anything outright terrible, the stone is attempting to incapacitate him.

    The stone casts a quickened Antimagic field, making it emanate from Nazelia. Regardless of whether the drow is in the air or not, Nazelia has no problem reaching him with a charge. Once she reaches him, she makes a touch attack against him to start a grapple. Remember, no magic item bonuses to AC.


    Touch attack (1d20+29)[44]

    Grapple Check (1d20+37)[45]


    Spoiler
    Show
    I am betting she grabbed him, and is likely grappled. If he was in the air, this is where the drow and the dragon fall 70 feet.


    (In undercommon) "Listen to the Stone, and listen good you pointed eared Gebroni. The Stone has no patience for your magic wielding shenanigans. The Stone, merciful as he is, offers you a one time chance to surrender. Decline and she will tear your face apart, while I gut you like the irrelevant Gebroni you are. Accept and you will not be harmed."

    The stone swiftly moves over to the drow while drawing his bastard sword. He places it close enough to the drow that a swing would be very easy.

    (Yelled in Common) "Attention all you Gebroni's that fall in with this drow, your comrade has been captured. If he or any of you take a hostile action, I will slice him in half. Now stand down. (Looking at the warforged) ...unless you want to be turned into a paperweight."

    (Yelled in giant) "Attention comrades of the Stone, The stone has incapacitated the drow. He is my prisoner, so none of you shall take any actions against him unless you want to answer to the Stone! Unless he tries to escape. Do you hear what the Stone is saying?!!!"


    A minor note, as he moves in and out of the antimagic field, he grows scales and yellow wings, clearly becoming draconic.

    He has a standard action readied to attack the drow if he tries to escape or his companions do something hostile towards him.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-18 at 11:15 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Forgot about Hallok's Cohort.

    Initiative: (1d20+13)[25]

    Edit: Would you look at that? She got the higher init.

    Anywho, seeing that it had been Hallok's plan from the moment he started getting wailed on, she casts Miracle in order to teleport the both of them back to their original encampment, emulating the Greater Teleport spell, and thus incurring no exp loss.

    Incidentally, this would all be a whole lot easier if we had some sort of grid.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-18 at 11:13 PM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    So you never cast your epic magic?, or are trying to get yet another turn into one round?

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    jojolagger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Turn order has gotten seriously messed up.
    Suprise: Drow mage: Shrink/Suggestion
    34: Vitis: Drops in, Blasting Drow Mage
    30:Shake: No Action Yet
    29:Shiver: No Action Yet
    25: Drow Minion: Miracle For Greater Teleport to Run away
    24:The Stone: AMF and have minion Grapple Drow Mage
    24:Khrom: Whack Drow Mage
    20:Drow Mage: Blast Fire giant, then run away
    I'd suggest you wait to see what shiver and shack do before being smug about getting away.
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2012-03-18 at 11:36 PM.
    Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
    When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1

    Avatar by deuxhero.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm a bit confused as to how all these people who never rolled initiative managed to attack me before I moved, as my first spells were part of a surprise round. Regardless, here is a synopsis of the effects.


    AoO against Khrom:
    [roll0]

    The Drow gasps in pain as he is hit with attack after attack, and though he manages to dodge all but one of the fire giant's blows, khrom's punches, combined with the kobold's magic, force him to the ground. The succubus that accompanied him approaches behind him, and mutters a few words of healing. Though he now appears near full vigor, he clearly realizes that this is not a fight he can win.

    As my allies seem to be unwilling to aid me, I will return once I am more prepared for you, when you will not be able to take advantage of your strength in numbers. Before I go, however....

    Hallok turns to the gargantuan fire giant, and screams a dark incantation, before a bolt of ebony energy streaks from his outstretched finger, striking the giant in the chest.

    Casting my epic spell, Hallok's Dread Touch on the fire giant, forcing him to make a DC 65 fortitude save or die, and be reanimated as a bone creature (BoVD) under my control. The DC to dispel this effect (via counterspell) is 20 higher than normal, though, so keep that in mind.

    If he somehow succeeds on this save, Hallok uses his Fickle Finger of Fate ability to force him to reroll.

    Should he die and be reanimated, Hallok order him to kill the other giants and the kobold.

    Regardless, casting a quickened Greater Teleport immediately afterward.
    looks like you had already planned on having your minion go, when you go. funny how it got changed....

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    looks like you had already planned on having your minion go, when you go. funny how it got changed....
    Well, I got confused in the flurry of posts that were in no particular order. I suggest that in the future, everyone roll for initiative before the begin their actions, and then post their actions once they have confirmed that it is their turn. I will proceed to delete that last post, as it has no real relevance anymore.

    Terribly sorry about all the confusion that I might have caused.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-19 at 12:37 AM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    jojolagger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Well, I got confused in the flurry of posts that were in no particular order. I suggest that in the future, everyone roll for initiative before the begin their actions, and then post their actions once they have confirmed that it is their turn. I will proceed to delete that last post, as it has no real relevance anymore.

    Terribly sorry about all the confusion that I might have caused.
    Please don't delete stuff, that just makes it even harder to understand.
    Let's just see what shiver and shake do, then go through the actions after that.
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2012-03-19 at 12:43 AM.
    Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
    When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1

    Avatar by deuxhero.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Rolling Initiative

    (1d20+10)[14]

    Sgrag looks around.

    SR 40 btw
    www.eldeberon.com

    Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

    Yuri

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Hazzardevil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    What's this planet again?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Dunchard yells in Common at the head, attempting to make sure he is heard.

    You're too High up, get down, you look really silly up there.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

    Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think we can assume combat is over the drow amscraed and the other two haven't done anything.

    "Everyone head to the river and I will make you all one with the town granting you proper ownership over my land which will soon be our land." The head speaks as it floats towards the river.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

    MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558





    (Screw the point)-Doomboy911

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Melk

    Melk withdraws his sword, shrugging as he follows the Floating Head. He's got nothing better to do, so why not?
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    the stone uses his gem of true seeing on the head and the tarrasque, feelingy something isnt right here.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    In both spots you won't see anything.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

    MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558





    (Screw the point)-Doomboy911

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Things that need to be clarified
    Spoiler
    Show

    1) I don't see anything unusual, or I don't see anything at all?

    2) The dm let the drow escape, is this correct?

    3) The handsome humanoid and the warforged, where have they gone?

    It occurs to me that the stone has yet to attack, so he dismisses his invisibility.

    (Assuming that I am correct in my assumption that he see's nothing, indicating a illusion, the stone calls out)
    (In giant)
    "GIANTS, TO THE STONE!!! WE MUST SPEAK BRIEFLY BEFORE WE GO DOWN TO THE RIVER!"


    The stone uses See invisibility on himself and looks around for any invisible or ethereal creatures. Unlike true seeing, the range on this is based off his vision, which is much farther.

    [Spot]1d20+30[/Roll]
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-19 at 11:01 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    mistyped
    spot (1d20+30)[49]

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Well the floating head is an image and the other two seem done. I suppose its up to everyone else if they want to continue fighting.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

    MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558





    (Screw the point)-Doomboy911

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    King-Strawberry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Well I got a 9 in initiative.. so I was just waiting for everyone else to go..

    Well, assuming there's a good amount of you guys around where hallok was (or is) I drop a confusion there.

    "Always dragging us into your fights... "
    Edit: Whoops forgot (DC 34 Will)
    Last edited by King-Strawberry; 2012-03-20 at 12:33 AM.
    Awesome Jaime Lannister avatar by Ceika!! (She's Amazing!)




    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...



    Neutral Evil Human Fighter (1st Level)



    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 15
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 11
    Charisma- 13


  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Hallok surprise rounded us, and then (I think) his minion teleported him away. We haven't had the ref make any calls on the matter yet. Any other situation ends badly for him. But he literally was out of the fight, one way or another, rather quickly.

    So I believe that leaves you, and the warforged, and possibly doomboy, depending on where he is hiding. You can attack, or you can do other things most likely. The giants have not attacked you, yet. And the illusions have successfully distracted them. (well most of them).

    So with that in mind, the Gold dragon has a message for you, provided you are not attacking and it isn't currently pinning the drow. (I'm fairly positive he will be allowed to escape).

    If this is to happen again, a few things need to happen
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) One person needs to just roll everyone's initiative. It would speed up the situation greatly. Once we have a initiative, everyone goes in turn. Boom, neat and orderly.
    2) Cohorts need to go when their masters go. People need to stick to one turn a round per person.
    3) The situation needs to have better description. A drow, a warforged, and some guy with a charisma in the 30's would stand out in the crowd.
    4) Status effects need to be noted. I am willing to bet you all didn't all have true seeing and/or see invisibility active. When we started combat, the kobold wasn't there yet and only shiver & shake were visible.
    5) If you cast a spell, and it isn't a core spell, it needs to be given a source or a description of the effect at the very least. The dragon failed the save v. reduce monster, but i was never given an answer on what the heck it did.
    6) I'm sure you have a few suggestions as well.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    I more or less agree with all of those suggestions. Reduce monster simply causes a creature's size category to be reduced by 1; not especially useful, but I meant for it to be more annoying than harmful.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    MikelaC1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Shiver and Shake will approach the Stone, to see what he has to say before going to the river. Owning a town and becoming one with it are not really high on their list of things to do, and so any better option will take their interest.
    To quote the OP: "I don't mind a mid-level optimization". I don't know how you read it, but I read it as "You don't actually need to get to the point where you could kill a dozen tier one builds in a single turn and leave the action economy dead in some ditch behind you" - whoiam

    Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    On his go Sgrag will join The Stone, Shiver and Shake.
    www.eldeberon.com

    Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

    Yuri

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    The_Unknown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Gor stumbles over to The Stone and his friends, still looking dazed and a little in shock. (When he's able, if we're still moving by initiative.) Okay, I changed my mind, he mutters in Giant to the others, keeping his eye on the floating head. This town may have land and perhaps even wealth, but what it definitely has is weird. A whole lot of weird.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    (In giant)
    "Those creatures are not real. It is an illusion. Whatever waits at the river is most likely a trap. We are under attack and we are unprepared. The stone suggests we retreat from this place now. The Stone will make us all invisible again, and then we must return to where we found the first wolf creature. Do you hear what the stone is saying?"

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    "You worry about my images. I take them for they carry weight and gather attention. They also give me a form to communicate with, would you prefer I simply speak through the ground?" the head disappears and from the ground you hear "Is this more to your liking Odinsons?"

    Also as you scan around with true seeing and see invisibility you spot....nothing.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

    MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558





    (Screw the point)-Doomboy911

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    "The stone believes this changes nothing. The stone suggests you do as you're told, but you have not made the stone leader. Yet! "

    ::the stone stretches his muscles and cracks his knuckles::

    "Now to find out what this underground Gebroni really is"

    First the stone turns invisible. Then The stone exams the ground to check its lucidity. If the soil is considered loose soil, he changes shape into a asherati (from sandstorm, a medium humanoid).

    If the ground is more firm, he instead turns into a Armand (MM3, a small creature. He then burrows into the ground looking for this 'creature' beneath their feet. As a asherati, he would have a burrow speed of 40, as a Armand a burrow speed of 10. He heads towards the source of the voice.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-20 at 03:02 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Eric Scott's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    The ground is rather firm in this area...
    I do all of this on my phone... I'm sorry if I'm slow or miss a post.

    Avatar by Crimmy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    King-Strawberry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Jace flys onto a nearby roof and casts confusion on the clump of you. (DC 34 Will)
    Awesome Jaime Lannister avatar by Ceika!! (She's Amazing!)




    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...



    Neutral Evil Human Fighter (1st Level)



    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 15
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 11
    Charisma- 13


  28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Melk

    Melk seems unaffected by the confusion spell cast on him (Immune to Confusion).

    "I'm confused, so where are we headed? Underground?"
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Before the question can be answered, a towering figure appears, grotesque, with too many limbs and heads to count, appears in a burst of green light. Each of the arms sprouting from the armored mass clings to a huge sword. You hear Hallok's voice, like a whisper. I expect you won't find this quite so easily defeatable.

    That's right, people. It's a friggin' Hecatonchieres.
    Here's its initiative: (1d20+6)[16]
    This thing's CR 57, so I would seriously consider running right now, unless one of you has a really good plan.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-20 at 11:41 PM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  30. - Top - End - #150
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    MikelaC1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Strawberry View Post
    Jace flys onto a nearby roof and casts confusion on the clump of you. (DC 34 Will)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Before the question can be answered, a towering figure appears, grotesque, with too many limbs and heads to count, appears in a burst of green light.
    People are still posting out of turn, and seemingly running this game instead of the DM. Debbie and I have had it. We're out.
    To quote the OP: "I don't mind a mid-level optimization". I don't know how you read it, but I read it as "You don't actually need to get to the point where you could kill a dozen tier one builds in a single turn and leave the action economy dead in some ditch behind you" - whoiam

    Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •