New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Giants a 3.5 experience (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    The stone takes his turn before Hallok. Since Hallok has not yet done anything outright terrible, the stone is attempting to incapacitate him.

The stone casts a quickened Antimagic field, making it emanate from Nazelia. Regardless of whether the drow is in the air or not, Nazelia has no problem reaching him with a charge. Once she reaches him, she makes a touch attack against him to start a grapple. Remember, no magic item bonuses to AC.

Touch attack (1d20+29)[44]

Grapple Check (1d20+37)[45]

Spoiler
    Show
    I am betting she grabbed him, and is likely grappled. If he was in the air, this is where the drow and the dragon fall 70 feet.

(In undercommon) "Listen to the Stone, and listen good you pointed eared Gebroni. The Stone has no patience for your magic wielding shenanigans. The Stone, merciful as he is, offers you a one time chance to surrender. Decline and she will tear your face apart, while I gut you like the irrelevant Gebroni you are. Accept and you will not be harmed."

The stone swiftly moves over to the drow while drawing his bastard sword. He places it close enough to the drow that a swing would be very easy.

(Yelled in Common) "Attention all you Gebroni's that fall in with this drow, your comrade has been captured. If he or any of you take a hostile action, I will slice him in half. Now stand down. (Looking at the warforged) ...unless you want to be turned into a paperweight."

(Yelled in giant) "Attention comrades of the Stone, The stone has incapacitated the drow. He is my prisoner, so none of you shall take any actions against him unless you want to answer to the Stone! Unless he tries to escape. Do you hear what the Stone is saying?!!!"

A minor note, as he moves in and out of the antimagic field, he grows scales and yellow wings, clearly becoming draconic.

He has a standard action readied to attack the drow if he tries to escape or his companions do something hostile towards him.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-18 at 11:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Forgot about Hallok's Cohort.

Initiative: (1d20+13)[25]

Edit: Would you look at that? She got the higher init.

Anywho, seeing that it had been Hallok's plan from the moment he started getting wailed on, she casts Miracle in order to teleport the both of them back to their original encampment, emulating the Greater Teleport spell, and thus incurring no exp loss.

Incidentally, this would all be a whole lot easier if we had some sort of grid.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-18 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

So you never cast your epic magic?, or are trying to get yet another turn into one round?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Turn order has gotten seriously messed up.
    Suprise: Drow mage: Shrink/Suggestion
    34: Vitis: Drops in, Blasting Drow Mage
    30:Shake: No Action Yet
    29:Shiver: No Action Yet
    25: Drow Minion: Miracle For Greater Teleport to Run away
    24:The Stone: AMF and have minion Grapple Drow Mage
    24:Khrom: Whack Drow Mage
    20:Drow Mage: Blast Fire giant, then run away
    I'd suggest you wait to see what shiver and shack do before being smug about getting away.
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2012-03-18 at 11:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm a bit confused as to how all these people who never rolled initiative managed to attack me before I moved, as my first spells were part of a surprise round. Regardless, here is a synopsis of the effects.

AoO against Khrom:
    [roll0]

The Drow gasps in pain as he is hit with attack after attack, and though he manages to dodge all but one of the fire giant's blows, khrom's punches, combined with the kobold's magic, force him to the ground. The succubus that accompanied him approaches behind him, and mutters a few words of healing. Though he now appears near full vigor, he clearly realizes that this is not a fight he can win.

As my allies seem to be unwilling to aid me, I will return once I am more prepared for you, when you will not be able to take advantage of your strength in numbers. Before I go, however....

Hallok turns to the gargantuan fire giant, and screams a dark incantation, before a bolt of ebony energy streaks from his outstretched finger, striking the giant in the chest.

Casting my epic spell, Hallok's Dread Touch on the fire giant, forcing him to make a DC 65 fortitude save or die, and be reanimated as a bone creature (BoVD) under my control. The DC to dispel this effect (via counterspell) is 20 higher than normal, though, so keep that in mind.

If he somehow succeeds on this save, Hallok uses his Fickle Finger of Fate ability to force him to reroll.

Should he die and be reanimated, Hallok order him to kill the other giants and the kobold.

Regardless, casting a quickened Greater Teleport immediately afterward.
    looks like you had already planned on having your minion go, when you go. funny how it got changed....

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    looks like you had already planned on having your minion go, when you go. funny how it got changed....
    Well, I got confused in the flurry of posts that were in no particular order. I suggest that in the future, everyone roll for initiative before the begin their actions, and then post their actions once they have confirmed that it is their turn. I will proceed to delete that last post, as it has no real relevance anymore.

Terribly sorry about all the confusion that I might have caused.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-19 at 12:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Well, I got confused in the flurry of posts that were in no particular order. I suggest that in the future, everyone roll for initiative before the begin their actions, and then post their actions once they have confirmed that it is their turn. I will proceed to delete that last post, as it has no real relevance anymore.

Terribly sorry about all the confusion that I might have caused.
    Please don't delete stuff, that just makes it even harder to understand.
    Let's just see what shiver and shake do, then go through the actions after that.
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2012-03-19 at 12:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Rolling Initiative

(1d20+10)[14]

Sgrag looks around.

SR 40 btw
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Dunchard yells in Common at the head, attempting to make sure he is heard.

You're too High up, get down, you look really silly up there.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we can assume combat is over the drow amscraed and the other two haven't done anything.

"Everyone head to the river and I will make you all one with the town granting you proper ownership over my land which will soon be our land." The head speaks as it floats towards the river.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558

(Screw the point)-Doomboy911

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Melk

Melk withdraws his sword, shrugging as he follows the Floating Head. He's got nothing better to do, so why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

the stone uses his gem of true seeing on the head and the tarrasque, feelingy something isnt right here.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

In both spots you won't see anything.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Things that need to be clarified
    Spoiler
    Show

1) I don't see anything unusual, or I don't see anything at all?

2) The dm let the drow escape, is this correct?

3) The handsome humanoid and the warforged, where have they gone?

It occurs to me that the stone has yet to attack, so he dismisses his invisibility.

(Assuming that I am correct in my assumption that he see's nothing, indicating a illusion, the stone calls out)
    (In giant)
    "GIANTS, TO THE STONE!!! WE MUST SPEAK BRIEFLY BEFORE WE GO DOWN TO THE RIVER!"

The stone uses See invisibility on himself and looks around for any invisible or ethereal creatures. Unlike true seeing, the range on this is based off his vision, which is much farther.

[Spot]1d20+30[/Roll]
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-19 at 11:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

mistyped
    spot (1d20+30)[49]

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Well the floating head is an image and the other two seem done. I suppose its up to everyone else if they want to continue fighting.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I got a 9 in initiative.. so I was just waiting for everyone else to go..

Well, assuming there's a good amount of you guys around where hallok was (or is) I drop a confusion there.

"Always dragging us into your fights... "
    Edit: Whoops forgot (DC 34 Will)
    Last edited by King-Strawberry; 2012-03-20 at 12:33 AM.
    Awesome Jaime Lannister avatar by Ceika!! (She's Amazing!)

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Evil Human Fighter (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 15
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 11
    Charisma- 13

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallok surprise rounded us, and then (I think) his minion teleported him away. We haven't had the ref make any calls on the matter yet. Any other situation ends badly for him. But he literally was out of the fight, one way or another, rather quickly.

So I believe that leaves you, and the warforged, and possibly doomboy, depending on where he is hiding. You can attack, or you can do other things most likely. The giants have not attacked you, yet. And the illusions have successfully distracted them. (well most of them).

So with that in mind, the Gold dragon has a message for you, provided you are not attacking and it isn't currently pinning the drow. (I'm fairly positive he will be allowed to escape).

If this is to happen again, a few things need to happen
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) One person needs to just roll everyone's initiative. It would speed up the situation greatly. Once we have a initiative, everyone goes in turn. Boom, neat and orderly.
    2) Cohorts need to go when their masters go. People need to stick to one turn a round per person.
    3) The situation needs to have better description. A drow, a warforged, and some guy with a charisma in the 30's would stand out in the crowd.
    4) Status effects need to be noted. I am willing to bet you all didn't all have true seeing and/or see invisibility active. When we started combat, the kobold wasn't there yet and only shiver & shake were visible.
    5) If you cast a spell, and it isn't a core spell, it needs to be given a source or a description of the effect at the very least. The dragon failed the save v. reduce monster, but i was never given an answer on what the heck it did.
    6) I'm sure you have a few suggestions as well.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

I more or less agree with all of those suggestions. Reduce monster simply causes a creature's size category to be reduced by 1; not especially useful, but I meant for it to be more annoying than harmful.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver and Shake will approach the Stone, to see what he has to say before going to the river. Owning a town and becoming one with it are not really high on their list of things to do, and so any better option will take their interest.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

On his go Sgrag will join The Stone, Shiver and Shake.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Gor stumbles over to The Stone and his friends, still looking dazed and a little in shock. (When he's able, if we're still moving by initiative.) Okay, I changed my mind, he mutters in Giant to the others, keeping his eye on the floating head. This town may have land and perhaps even wealth, but what it definitely has is weird. A whole lot of weird.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

(In giant)
    "Those creatures are not real. It is an illusion. Whatever waits at the river is most likely a trap. We are under attack and we are unprepared. The stone suggests we retreat from this place now. The Stone will make us all invisible again, and then we must return to where we found the first wolf creature. Do you hear what the stone is saying?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"You worry about my images. I take them for they carry weight and gather attention. They also give me a form to communicate with, would you prefer I simply speak through the ground?" the head disappears and from the ground you hear "Is this more to your liking Odinsons?"

Also as you scan around with true seeing and see invisibility you spot....nothing.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

"The stone believes this changes nothing. The stone suggests you do as you're told, but you have not made the stone leader. Yet! "

::the stone stretches his muscles and cracks his knuckles::

"Now to find out what this underground Gebroni really is"

First the stone turns invisible. Then The stone exams the ground to check its lucidity. If the soil is considered loose soil, he changes shape into a asherati (from sandstorm, a medium humanoid).

If the ground is more firm, he instead turns into a Armand (MM3, a small creature. He then burrows into the ground looking for this 'creature' beneath their feet. As a asherati, he would have a burrow speed of 40, as a Armand a burrow speed of 10. He heads towards the source of the voice.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-20 at 03:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

BlackDragon

The ground is rather firm in this area...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace flys onto a nearby roof and casts confusion on the clump of you. (DC 34 Will)
    Awesome Jaime Lannister avatar by Ceika!! (She's Amazing!)

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Evil Human Fighter (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 15
    Dexterity- 17
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 11
    Charisma- 13

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Melk

Melk seems unaffected by the confusion spell cast on him (Immune to Confusion).

"I'm confused, so where are we headed? Underground?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Before the question can be answered, a towering figure appears, grotesque, with too many limbs and heads to count, appears in a burst of green light. Each of the arms sprouting from the armored mass clings to a huge sword. You hear Hallok's voice, like a whisper. I expect you won't find this quite so easily defeatable.

That's right, people. It's a friggin' Hecatonchieres.
    Here's its initiative: (1d20+6)[16]
    This thing's CR 57, so I would seriously consider running right now, unless one of you has a really good plan.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-20 at 11:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King-Strawberry View Post
    Jace flys onto a nearby roof and casts confusion on the clump of you. (DC 34 Will)
    Before the question can be answered, a towering figure appears, grotesque, with too many limbs and heads to count, appears in a burst of green light.
    People are still posting out of turn, and seemingly running this game instead of the DM. Debbie and I have had it. We're out.
    #GoreMutualarejerks