New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Lords of Life and Death

Father George: Most certainly.

The bandaged monk chants in celestial, the language of compassion, telling of the heroism of battle for the sake of others. Halos of pale gold light encircle the weapons of all present

Spoiler
    Show
    He cast mass align weapon good

Throughout all of this the muskoxe have not spooked or reacted to any great degree at all. They have been trained to startling sounds as they are a part of daily life now.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm not aware of any combat yet, we have just started fearing and charming him so I guess I can take a turn then we roll initiative?
    First Les uses one of his rages then attacks the flying Soulspark is in my first range increment unless I first saw it over 210 ft. away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First attack (1d20+9)[25] second attack (1d20+4)[21]
    First crit confirm (1d20+9)[18] second crit confirm (1d20+4)[16]
    First damage (1d6+9)[12] second damage (1d6+9)[13]
    First bonus crit damage (1d6+9)[15] second bonus crit damage (1d6+9)[12]
    First roll encase the opponent is incorporeal (1d100)[80] second roll encase the opponent is incorporeal (1d100)[80]

Initiative (1d20+5)[24]

Current changes due to buffs make my str 18, my con 14, my AC 22, my will 18, my sling rocks deal 1d6 damage, are +1, and are good aligned, I also deal +4 damage because this seems to be undead.

@V: I believe 50 ft. was mentioned about how high in the air it was.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-04-24 at 05:31 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+4)[21]

He's up in the air, am I correct? And how far away is he?

Edit:
    Also if he's undead he is subject to:
    Your mere presence unnerves other lost souls, and cause them to hesitate and defy their masters. No mindless undead will attack you unless it is somehow mentally commanded or enraged, such as by a cleric who has commanded it or by the command undead spell. Additionally, all mindless undead who come within 60 feet of you must make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Charisma modifier) or be shaken for one minute. This is a supernatural ability, and affects undead specifically, even though they are immune to fear.

Intelligent undead are able to attack you as they like, however, if their HD is lower than yours, they must still make the Will save or be shaken. If the creature in question is a vampire with lower HD than yours, he takes a -4 penalty on his Will save, out of respect for the one thing he truly fears.
    Last edited by Wavelab; 2012-04-24 at 04:59 PM.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Joan realizes that she cannot do much against this threat with her sword and shield, so she instead busies herself in hurrying the children -- and beetleman -- into the wagon. She positions herself on the ground just outside it, so as to prevent anything from entering and harming the noncombatants.

Now that her blade could strike these foes, there would be no getting past her.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Lester's stones strike true, tearing deep into Redgar's crown. He shrieks in terror at having been hit and the soul-stuff making up his body visibly hardens taking on the texture of rock or crystal and his wounds begin quickly healing. He then dashes sixty feet to the north.

Spoiler
    Show
    He reinvested his essentia into AC and fast healing then moved north, also he visibly lost more than half his hitpoints, cause he's you know a familiar.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

"Are there more coming, Siggeir? If it has already warned its allies, then we should fortify ourselves here -- but if not, please stop it!"

7. - Top - End - #277

"Hard to say. He had several allies in life. So he might have some here too, but I doubt that he is more than a distraction. I think we should follow him back to his master though."

8. - Top - End - #278

Les being too enraged to think of following the soulspark to its master decides to move and attack again, yelling as he flings the last of his enchanted stones.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+9)[17]
    crit confirm (1d20+9)[15]
    damage (1d6+9)[14]
    crit damage (1d6+9)[11]
    roll for incorporeal (1d100)[4]

I would attack twice, but I only enchanted 3 rocks any further attacks would non-magic and and only have a +3 to hit and 1d3+ 8 damage.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-04-26 at 10:15 AM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I'll get him!"

With a grin and a shifting of her feet, Istid bolts out to catch up with the fleeing creature. At this point, she figures that Joan and the others want him dead. She stares and concentrates, tapping back into the pyrokinetic power used earlier. But this time, she aims to create and bolster fire, instead of halting it.

Her hand flicks forward, and a ray of vibrant red, orange and yellow races towards the soulspark.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: catch up to get within range of Energy Ray (45 ft). Doable.
    Standard Action: Augmented Energy Ray (Fire), 10 pp. ~70/90 PP remaining; assuming 10 used for applications of Control Flame earlier.

---Touch Attack: (1d20+13)[25]
    ---Damage if success: (9d6+9)[39]

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Istid's fire destroys the soulspark's ectoplasmic shell near instantly, but whether this truly destroyed him or merely sent him back to whatever pit he had come from remain unknown.

Shortly after Redgar's redeath the sound of bone legs impacting earth can be heard from the north. The soulspark's master has responding and is approaching.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have three rounds to buff as you wish.

11. - Top - End - #281

Les will end his rage and begin buffing air walk, owl's wisdom, and stoneskin on one of the children. "You're magic now lad so protect your friends."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

"Great job, Istid! Keep an eye on the skies; when more show up, burn them down. Les, good thinking, if it comes time to flee, please help the children and escape. Father George, Byzantine, if you are not capable of fighting, stay with the children and I will protect you. Siggeir, I do not know what your skills are, but the same goes for you.

"Remember, everyone: the safety of the children is paramount."

13. - Top - End - #283

"Alright." Siggeir said lazily. He stood up and walked to a nearby shade, out of the sun, and he rested against the tree.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't have that many buffs. I'll just blast him when he gets here.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"There will be more?" Istid looks a bit surprised, but doesn't react strongly. "I'll see what I can do." She reaches into her backpack to remove her psicrystal, then holds it in hand as she concentrates on manifesting powers. She and her crystal could endure a lot of punishment when necessary; it came with being fey, among other things. Once the displays fade, she tosses the crystal a few feet away from her, and looks up to the skies. The crystal begins to extend translucent tendrils that support it off the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Share Pain + Vigor combo, 3 + 7 PP used, 60/90. 35 temporary HP for Istid and crystal, the latter of which is using self-propulsion. Did someone order a tank?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

The smell and taste of dragon's blood was like that of tallow and brine. It was strong enough to force tears from Malain's eye's unused to the function as they were. These tears of revulsion stain his hands and red as he wiped them away, as they are the same hue as the dragon's blood that produced them. Despite this new inconvenience the dragon's blood works as advertised and his wounds knit themselves whole once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaky you know have blood tears that make it easier to track you if you do not take special precautions to clean them up after you pass. Additionally you gain a +2 on all saves versus gaze attacks and once per day can focus the blood streaming from your eyes into a powerful jet. It you succeed on a ranged touch attack against an enemy they have to make a fortitude save versus (10+your dex mod+ 1/2 your hitdice) or be blinded for 1 minute and sickened for an equal period of time. If they make their save they are merely sickened for 5 rounds.

------------
    From the treeline bursts five centauroid creatures who resemble humans covered in calcified bone and whose lower legs each split in two lengthwise in order to allow them to charge as though on horseback. Each of their left arms are formed into wicked five foot long lances, and their right arms have been deformed and widened into shields covered in bony spikes. Their faces are formed into nothing more than bone plates with deep black sockets where eyes were meant to be.

These creatures are led by a pale white human dressed in red satin and riding on yet another undead abomination. The human is a man with a black goatee and is surrounded by soulsparks that are forming into pieces glowing spectral equipment on his body: a horned helmet, an enormous flail, and blade covered armor.

The creature he is mounted on appears to be a human being stretched out onto horse's frame. Its hands and fingers have been stretched out to nearly a foot long to serve as the feet on its front limbs. The creature is in a constant state of suffering, as its body was clearly not mention to take this form, nor bear the weight of another humanoid for days on end.

The man dismounts and begins speaking.

Pale Human: Why hello there Joan. I apologize that you might have difficult recognize me in this new body. After you went to sleep I wasn't able to get any closer to control of your precious lands and wealth. Your priest friends ended up executing me before our glorious deathlords could make their powers known on earth.

But I was in luck. They decided to give even those of us who had been dead the chance to serve. They're opening all the vaults and opening the whole prison. The Warden was mighty upset when I walked through those doors with less than three years of torment.

We'll have to catch up once you've been delimbed and those precious mortal bodies have been repossessed by my compatriots. Kill all of those who can't be used as vessels.

Initiative
    Human: (1d20+7)[25]
    Centauroids: (1d20+5)[22]

16. - Top - End - #286

Post Re: The Lords of Life and Death

Initiative (1d20+5)[7]

Les casts thorn spray and slings thorns at all the foes then moves up in to the air about 55 ft. If they are hit they must make fort saves DC 25 or be sickened a number of rounds indicated after the damage, this fort save is still required for undead unless they are incapable of feeling pain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack against centauroid (1d20+9)[25]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+9)[17]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+9)[13]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+9)[21]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+9)[27]
    attack against mount (1d20+9)[15]
    attack against pale man (1d20+9)[29]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+4)[9] sickened (2d4)[5]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+4)[7] sickened (2d4)[3]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+4)[10] sickened (2d4)[3]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+4)[8] sickened (2d4)[4]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+4)[10] sickened (2d4)[2]
    damage against mount (1d6+4)[5] sickened (2d4)[5]
    damage against pale man (4d6+4)[16] sickened (2d4)[5]

Sorry I forgot about the potential of getting a crit I will put bonus damage in OOC. I forgot crit confirmation too dang it. This should all have a +4 to attack and damage from Siggeir.

This will all take place as soon as my turn comes of course.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-05-02 at 09:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

"You are a coward and a traitor." Joan says bluntly. "I wonder if selling your soul has finally given you the power to put even a dent on this shield."

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Knight's Challenge on the man who's name I cannot recall but Joan certainly would remember it(if you could help me out jogging my memory...)
    This grants +1morale bonus to Will saves, Attack and Damage rolls against him.
    Designate him as my Shield Block target
    This grants +1 to AC, like the Dodge feat
    Keep my position defending the wagon
    Ready an action to full attack the first target that comes into my reach
    As always, enemies looking at me must Will save or be paralyzed for 1d4 rounds, with undead getting a +5 save, but otherwise still being effected.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Malain stares at the bloody tears on his hand, and he rubs at his eyes fiercely. More blood stains his hands, and he stops, simply trying to keep his eyes closed for the time being. Gods, what was this? He knew he shouldn't have drank the blood. As he ponders this new horror, his wounds regenerate at an incredible rate, leaving him whole once again. Except for the poison. And the bloody tears. Is this some curse, for giving into temptation? Or is it just one more step to becoming a monster like the others? His eyes watered, and his vision was tinged red by the haze of blood. He had no way of curing this affliction, and thinking about it would just lead him into despair. He hunches down in the cart, staring miserably at the red hued world as his fellow monsters pull him towards his fate.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Siggeir looked at them. He grinned, this would be interesting.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge check(Religion) to identify what they are: (1d20+15)[32]
    Initiative (1d20+4)[22]

Then I shall throw fireball to affect as much of them as possible while including the pale man. So damage: (10d6)[39] they get to make a DC 21 reflex save for half damage.

And if they have less HD than me they are subject to the commanding presence ability I listed earlier.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"...Okay."

Istid stares. These dead creatures. She could almost feel the...corruption...from here. She clenches a fist and raises it towards the speaking man in the center, thinking of the same corruption she had witnessed in her home waters so long ago. Strands of ectoplasm encircled her head as the emotions rage.

"Die, again, NOW!"

The same blast of energy, thicker than before, rockets towards the leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Surging, using 12 PP total. 48/90 PP left. Surging Euphoria adds +1 to the attack roll.

Ranged touch attack: (1d20+14)[30]
    Base fire damage, if it hits: (12d6+12)[52]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Gregor is stuck with one of the thorns, but is able to maneuver his mount and himself so that they avoid the fireball entirely, which engulfs and kills the two sciths that were also hit by thorns. Of the remaining three only one is able to overcome the fear effects of the two greater undead before them and charge. Its movement is a strange jackknifing gate moving from and back legs very quickly but only with one another, allowing it to close the distance and stab Lester.

Attack: (1d20+11)[16]
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+11)[31]
    Damage: (3d8+34)[48]
    Critical Damage: (6d8+68)[101]

Scith: I am so so sorry.

Upon seeing his minions so easily dealt with Gregor spits in disgust...

Gregor: Useless cr-

.. before being hit square in the chest by Istid's ray of fire. He then spurns his mount forward, charging Joan. His flail forms a whirling wall of metal and chains, glowing brightly as if hungry for blood itself.

Gregor: Selling my soul? All of our souls belong to the Red Judge sweet Joan. Some of us are just willing to work with the system and others try to fight it, you and all other followers of that bandaged fool.

Attack: (1d20+18)[19]
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+18)[37]
    Damage: (2d8+30)[40]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+60)[84]
    Attack2: (1d20+13)[30]
    Critical confirmation2: (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage2: (2d8+30)[40]
    Critical Damage2: (4d8+60)[80]

22. - Top - End - #292

Siggeir steps closer to the man and starts stabbing him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+17)[27]
    Attack 2: (1d20+15)[18]

Damage 1: (1d6+10)[14]
    Damage 2: (1d6+10)[12]

Crit confirmation 1: (1d20+17)[27]
    Crit Confirmation 2: (1d20+15)[20]

That's a full attack. I have a natural bite attack too and I seem to recall that I may use is in a full attack at a -5 penalty? If so:

Attack 3: (1d20+10)[16]

Damage 3: (1d6+8)[14]

Crit confirmation 3: (1d20+10)[23]

First two attacks Crit on 18-20 and do x2 and the other crits on 20 and does x2.

Oh and if he can take con damage then it's 2 from the first attacks and (1d4)[2] for the third one.

23. - Top - End - #293

Les avoids Gregor's attack likely because he was flying and not because of what Gregor rolled. Then Les casts Baleful Polymorph on Gregor the save is Fort the DC is 26 and it is more sure to effect undead than his last attack. Then Les's eagle swoops down makes a full attack on Gregor and flies back up again whether Gregor polymorphed or not.
    Bite attack (1d20+23)[42]
    Claw attack (1d20+28)[37]
    Claw attack (1d20+28)[40]

Bite confirmation (1d20+23)[37]
    Claw confirmation (1d20+28)[48]
    Claw confirmation (1d20+28)[45]

Bite damage (1d8+1)[8]+(3d6)[6]=14
    Claw damage (4d6+2)[12]
    Claw damage (4d6+2)[16]

Bite crit damage (1d8+1)[8]+(3d6)[10]=18
    Claw crit damage (4d6+2)[10]
    Claw crit damage (4d6+2)[13]
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-05-04 at 04:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Joan barely deflects Gregor's furious blows with her shield, impressed by the immense strength behind them. She was used to sparring with all her lieutenants, and found that Gregor had not grown significantly as a warrior since his death -- though he now possessed a brute force that made him a worthy opponent.
    She relished the opportunity to test herself against another warrior instead of Dragonblood-tainted beasts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action:
    Full attack
    (1d20+24)[31] first attack
    Crit Conf (18-20) (1d20+24)[28] x3
    (1d20+19)[22] second attack
    Crit Conf (18-20) (1d20+19)[26] x3
    Trip attempt 1 (1d20+13)[15]
    #2 (1d20+13)[21]

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming that I get another turn on our initiative count, here we go. If not, ignore this part.
    Full attack
    (1d20+24)[33] first attack
    Crit Conf (18-20) (1d20+24)[38] x3
    (1d20+19)[32] second attack
    Crit Conf (18-20) (1d20+19)[37] x3
    Trip attempt 1 (1d20+13)[19]
    #2 (1d20+13)[14]

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lol I suppose I should roll damage too huh
    (1d8+15)[23] +(1d6)[4] cold dmg
    (1d8+15)[23] +(1d6)[5] cold dmg
    (1d8+15)[20] +(1d6)[2] cold dmg
    (1d8+15)[23] +(1d6)[4] cold dmg

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Istid runs directly towards the remaining minion, unsheathing her dagger. She swings it at the dead creature's body, to no effect.

"Why won't you re-die!?

Spoiler
    Show
    Istid has nothing in Knowledge (Religion), and does not turn off the Merciful enchantment on her dagger. Even if she hits, undead are immune to nonlethal damage.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It was the scith that attacked you not Gregor.

also the damage isnt in error he has a feat that allows him to count whirlwind attacks as a charge.

The scith makes a crude sweep in Istid's direction, having lost the momentum of its charge it is now simply trying to knock the combatants about long enough that its master can do real damage.

Trip attempt: (1d20+13)[17]

Meanwhile said master has been hit by three blows from Joan and a single or Siggeir's swings. He has however managed to avoid being tripped by any of her attacks. Lester's eagle also makes several sure cuts that weaken the disciple of dark gods while the druid's magics begin their work. The polymorph begins taking hold but are interrupted by a flash of light from Gregor's spectral helm.

Gregor: I must compliment you though on using your enemies to kill one another.

Gregor then begins whirling her flail to hit Siggeir and Joan and extending the chain such to hit Istid as well.

Attack vs Siggeir: (1d20+18)[23]
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+18)[36]
    Damage: (2d8+30)[34]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+60)[79]

Attack vs Joan: (1d20+18)[37]
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+18)[35]
    Damage: (2d8+30)[38]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+60)[78]

Attack vs Istid: (1d20+18)[35]
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+18)[32]
    Damage: (2d8+30)[38]
    Critical Damage: (4d8+60)[76]
    Level 3 feat: improved monster class pimping

RIP North_Ranger you will be missed

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Even before the creature moves, Istid gracefully hops so that the sweep flows under her boots. She brandishes her dagger. "How about--"

The head of the flail crashes into her side with a unhealthy popping noise. Istid takes a few forced steps backward from the momentum before canceling it. Her expression does not change; she does not even seem to be in pain. She outstretches her palm at the minion, focuses more of her depleting reserves of energy, and fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surging Euphoria lasts for one more round.

Share Pain + DR/Hardness = 14 / 11 temp HP lost by Istid / Psicrystal.
    Istid's HP: 67+21/67
    Psicrystal's HP: 44+24/44

5-foot step out of the scith's range, then spend 5 PP on Energy Ray (Fire); 43/90 PP left.

Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+14)[20]
    Damage: (5d6+5)[19]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Joan is hit by Gregor's impressive attack. She takes a moment to readjust her footing and slashes at him from a more defensive posture, shield ready to absorb his blows.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to use my feat to fight defensively, taking -4 to hit for +4 AC, putting me at 38 AC vs Gregor.
    (1d20+20)[35]
    Dmg (1d8+15)[17] + (1d6)[4] cold
    (1d20+15)[30]
    Dmg (1d8+15)[19] + (1d6)[4] cold

30. - Top - End - #300

Les casts thorn spray once more on all the foes. "Sorry if I'm being a thorn in your side everyone. Pun intended." I am not including the sickened effect sense everyone seemed immune to it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack against centauroid (1d20+13)[21]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+13)[17]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+13)[28]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+13)[19]
    attack against centauroid (1d20+13)[23]
    attack against mount (1d20+13)[32]
    attack against Gregor (1d20+13)[24]

confirmation against centauroid (1d20+13)[18]
    confirmation against centauroid (1d20+13)[24]
    confirmation against centauroid (1d20+13)[33]
    confirmation against centauroid (1d20+13)[21]
    confirmation against centauroid (1d20+13)[23]
    confirmation against mount (1d20+13)[31]
    confirmation against Gregor (1d20+13)[15]

damage against centauroid (1d6+9)[10]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+9)[13]
    damage against centauroid (1d6+9)[11]
    damage against mount (1d6+9)[15]
    damage against Gregor (4d6+9)[23]

crit damage against centauroid (1d6+9)[15]
    crit damage against centauroid (1d6+9)[10]
    crit damage against centauroid (1d6+9)[12]
    crit damage against mount (1d6+9)[12]
    crit damage against Gregor (4d6+9)[17]

Les's eagle dose another swoop at Gregor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite attack (1d20+23)[32]
    Claw attack (1d20+28)[41]
    Claw attack (1d20+28)[39]

Bite confirmation (1d20+23)[25]
    Claw confirmation (1d20+28)[40]
    Claw confirmation (1d20+28)[31]

Bite damage (1d8+1)[6]+(3d6)[6]=12
    Claw damage (4d6+2)[20]
    Claw damage (4d6+2)[16]

Bite crit damage (1d8+1)[7]+(3d6)[8]=15
    Claw crit damage (4d6+2)[17]
    Claw crit damage (4d6+2)[17]

This time I forgot nothing. or at least I think so?
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-05-08 at 01:43 PM.