New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Re: Whispers in the Vale IC

Seeing how cautious his companions have become, Hector begins to feel anxious. Scanning the trees around him, he creeps up next to Sjakk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+5)[9]
    Last edited by Empedocles; 2012-03-24 at 05:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Whispers in the Vale IC

While Sjakk is examining the leaf, those that glancing around see a tree 20 ft off begin to bulge and stretch around the trunk. In a moment, a branch bends like an elbow and takes te form of an arm.

Sjakk
    Spoiler
    Show

You can tell there is some sort of magic here, but not much else.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

Goblin

Bleys, seeing as his companions have all stopped, comes back to see what happened.
    "Everybody fall back." He says seeing the arm. It would be bad if this was an attack they all feared and they would be in it's reach.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+4)[14] Knowledge (Myths and legends) roll to identify this thing.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-03-28 at 02:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Leokul brandished his worn morningstar and stepped in front of Bleys. Calling to his comrades. "Fear not, you all have nothing to fear if i'm here, if it tries to strike us, take it like a man and strike back like a frenzied boar!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura activations:

Master's Presence: +1 bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks

Draconic Strength: +1 bonus on damage rolls, Strength ability checks and Strength-based skill checks. A character’s maximum loads also increase as if the wyrmlord and his allies had an increase in the Strength score equal to +1.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Rirleg readies his morningstar and warily eyes the tree. "The head priest mentioned a dryad, right? They, uh, live in trees, right? Is that how dryads work?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Goblin

"Of course. But we're not sure if it is Dryad and if it's not of hostile intentions. There are many creatures who can take the form of the trees. Let's wait until it shall take it's full form, then I'll try talking to whoever it may be. If that won't work, we shall do like Leokul suggest and take it like a boar."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Be braced! Sjakk calls out, readying his hand with the small figurine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied actions to activate figurine and charge if the forming creature attacks us.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Be braced! Sjakk calls out, readying his hand with the small figurine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied actions to activate figurine and charge if the forming creature attacks us.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

9. - Top - End - #69

NinjaGuy

The tree continues to split until two distinct shapes are standing in arboreal splendor. The first is the tree as if it had never been touched, while the second is roughly the form of a very tall woman. The dryad lets out a roar that sounds like a mighty oak being twisted into kindling by a giant. "Intruders! Destroyers!" The plants around you start to twitch and curl, but nothing moves toward you immediately.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

Goblin

"We do not seek you harm." Said Bleys, stepping slowly but bravely towards the Dryad. "We're nothing but a pack of good-willed people, who had heard rumors about relationships between your people and outsiders becoming more tense in recent days. Forgive us our curiosity, terrible sin on our part, but we're a peace loving creatures, who took upon themselves to see, what the city-dwellers had do to offend the peaceful residents of this beautiful forest, and if you allow me a little digression, this is one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen in my life, and see if there is any way to repair whatever damage has been done. My name is Bleys, these are my commrades, Leokul, Sjakk, Hector and Rileg. Can I be so blunt and ask about your name, unless of course you want us to call you noble and beautiful guardian of the forset, which would be very accurate, if unusually long."

Spoiler
    Show

Considering how much dices hates us, I hope this roll won't make all this post go to waste:
    Diplomacy (1d20+7)[8] and if Leokul's aura gives that bonus to Diplomacy to his companions, then +1 to it (I don't know how Wyrmrold's auras works)

11. - Top - End - #71

NinjaGuy

The dryad doesn't lash out, but doesn't quiet down at all either. The grass around Bleys begins to crawl up his boots.
    Last edited by CaeruliusVentus; 2012-04-03 at 01:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Halt Dryad! Do no harm to me or my comrades or your precious tree will become nothing but tinder!" Leokul yells at the Dryad, bits of spittle flying from his mouth and sizzling on the ground, a dribble of acidic slime beginning to run down his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate Check: (1d20+4)[7]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

Goblin

"Stop you fool!" Bleys yelled, jumping to stop Leokul."We're the intruders here and she has the right to act hostile towards us. We should not speak the threaths but apology. Many battles may wait ahead of our journey, we should not risk our lives unnecessairly." He turned towards Dryad again. " My most humble apologies. My friend is very protective and sometimes prone to overreacting. Please do not punish him but me. For I claim that our intentions are pure and we seek nothing but the easiest and most comforting for both sides resolution of the conflict. How long can you kill city-dwellers until they will have enough and come to burn your precious forest?" He kneeled before Dryad, with his hands widely open, after placing his weapon in front of him. " I am at your mercy. If you wish me death, so be it, I deserve that to atone for the great offense we caused to you. But if you can use us for restoring peace and balance to the natue, killing us would be a mistake. Take my blade and either strike at me or give it back, it is your choice. But the one you'll make for the rest of your life."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yes! I uh, I agree with Bleys. Let's not get too hasty here! Okay, so something is making you angry. I understand. You know, these folks and I, you can consider us 'problem solvers.' Just ask, and we can fix this problem for you, so you aren't angry and uh, killin' other folks anymore! What do you say?" Rirleg passionately gesticulates towards the tree in an effort to support his argument.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy Check: (1d20+1)[20]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Sjakk watches his friends negotiate tensely.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

16. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot to make another roll. hope this one won't be such diseaster.
    Diplomacy (1d20+7)[23]

17. - Top - End - #77

NinjaGuy

The dryad shows no fear, but does seem to calm a little at your words. "Peaceful. Harmless. Leave now. Trusted once. Brought poison. Leave now. Can't trust." The grass calms down and returns to moving only as the wind directs it.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Leokul visibly calms and wipes the acid from his chin, burning his hand a bit in the process. "Who brought poison? Tell us and we'll be sure to feed the forest with him, if you understand me, dryad."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

"What do you mean, lady dryad? Who can't you trust? Who brought poison? If someone or something has hurt you or your forest, we would love to help you in any way we can."
    Rirleg, his curiosity piqued, attempts to press the dryad for more information. The dryad obviously needs help with something, and he can't just let it go. Making the forest safe for traveling again would be a nice bonus, of course.

Spoiler
    Show

Not quite sure if I need another diplomacy roll for this, but I'll give it a shot anyways.
    Diplomacy check: (1d20+1)[21]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

Goblin

"If somebody has poisoned the forest, then he commited a crime against beauty and good. If somebody has lied to you, used your trust and then broken it, then he also commited a great offense against all honest people. This man, whoever it is, is a criminal and it is our duty to find him and punish him. Tell us what you know and I swear on my name to bring him to justice."

Spoiler
    Show

Just in case another Diplomacy roll is required
    (1d20+7)[22]
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-01 at 03:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

NinjaGuy

"Forest Dying. Can't Heal. Waiting for goddess."
    In the wooden sound of the dryad's voice, you can hear a certain desperation like the creaking of a limb at the point of snapping.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Tell us what ails you, and we can help! says Sjakk, growing frustrated.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

Goblin

How can we help? Is there a way to make the Godess come to heal the forest faster?
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-03 at 10:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Growing irritated, Sjakk opens his mouth to say something sullen, and then stops, his eyes widening. Of course! Reaching into his backpack, he pulls forth some of the blessed acorns that the High Priest had given them. Look, we are friends of the Earth-mother! Let us help you!
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

25. - Top - End - #85

NinjaGuy

The dryad's expression melts, though its voice is still unnatural and grating. "The goddess. The goddess has heard me and sent her emissaries. Now I know you are true and good. The wound is at the river's source, and the poison runs from there."
    While saying this the dryad points ahead to indicate the river and then seems to deflate as if it was sheer will alone that kept the dryad looking imposing.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you. says Sjakk sincerely. Looking back at his companions, he looks towards the river and raises an eyebrow enquiringly. Shall we? Turning back to the dryad for a moment Can you tell us any more about the poison? Will you accompany us?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

27. - Top - End - #87

NinjaGuy

"The poison sits in the clearing or up in the trees. I will watch you, but there may be nothing else I can do for you." The dryad begins melting into the tree, but the process is even slower than the initial appearance.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Goblin

Bleys stood up and bowed before Dryad, in the same way he always does so.
    " We swear to do everything we can to help you, or to die trying." He faced his comrades. [color="purple"]"Lets go, my friends, this case cannot wait!"/color]

I appricate that you rushed to help me so bluntly, my dear friend." Bleys said later to Leokul. "But next time don't try to scare somebody I'm convincing of our good intentions, would you?

29. - Top - End - #89

NinjaGuy

You head further into the forest and soon find a small river or swollen brook, depending on your perspective. There is no particular path alongside the river, but it should be easy enough to follow as long you watch your footing.

Looking up the river, you can see that it extends in a nearly straight path toward a tall, rocky hill. The rain has mostly stopped and now the shores are coming alive with insects moving about in the damp air.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Goblin

Bleys starts wondering what could have poisoned the forest. He search though his memory if he had ever head about anything that could make entire forest dying slowly but noticeably only for it's residents.

Spoiler
    Show

A lot of rolls:
    Knowledge(local) (d20+4)[15]
    Knowledge(history)(d20+5)[8]
    Knowledge(myths and legends)(d20+4)[14]

By the way, I may be unable to post during the Easter, DM feel free to temporairly NPC me if anything comes up in that time.