New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Whispers in the Vale IC

Following the river, you move into ever deeper and darker density of trees. By the time you reach the base of the rocky hill, the healthy leaves are a rare sight amongst the poisoned leaves. To your right, a shrub shudders and then slowly bends to reveal a thin path.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Goblin

"Beware, my friends - these dying plants clearly are sight that something evil is at work here. If we are about to go deeper into the forest, let me scout ahead as before." He says and rides foward, watching his surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen (1d20+4)[15]
    Spot (1d20+1)[2]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

A suprisingly gentle look comes into Sjakk's eyes for one who had before shown such cold arrogance. These trees are suffering. Dying. Being destroyed before their time -- it is sad that such majestic monarchs of the forest could be so easily poisoned.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

4. - Top - End - #94

NinjaGuy

Bleys moves forward into the gap on foot as there is little enough room for anything else.

Bleys
    Spoiler
    Show

you see a circular clearing about 30ft in radius. In contrast to all of the plants and trees surrounding it, the grass of the clearing is crisp and green. In the center of the clearing is a single bush about 2 ft tall.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleys tries to remember is he had ever heard of something like this.
    Knowledge myths and legends (1d20+4)[15] and Bardic knowledge (1d20+5)[24]

6. - Top - End - #96

NinjaGuy

Bleys
    Spoiler
    Show

This doesn't look like any natural phenomina that you are familiar with. A druid might know why something like this circular clearing would appear if it had something to do with their secret rituals. There doesn't appear to be any markings or arcane writings that would imply some sort of magic.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

Bleys, just to be sure, decided to cast Detect Magic spell on the clearing.

8. - Top - End - #98

NinjaGuy

Bleys
    Spoiler
    Show

The detect magic extends to the other end of the clearing (60ft cone, 30ft radius clearing). You detect no magic.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Goblin

"come here! I found something strange!" Bleys calls his commrades. "This place seems to be protected from poison that has touched everything else, yet I hadn't found any tracks of magic on it." He tells them once they're here.

10. - Top - End - #100

NinjaGuy

Everyone else can now see a clearing with 30ft radius. The grass in the clearing is green and untouched. In the middle is a 2ft tall bush.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Sjakk holds up a hand. Speaking as one who has lived among wizards from his childhood, it would be extremely foolish to approach that plant. We should try skirting to the side, to ensure theres no nasty trap on the other side.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

12. - Top - End - #102

NinjaGuy

The first steps off the trail show that much of the surrounding area is full of thorn bushes. Continuing around to the other side or travel at all in this area is possible but prickly.

all
    Spoiler
    Show

I was originally going to move the party all the way around to the other side describe the result of pushing through the thorn bushes, but figured better to describe it and let you decide if you want to still go.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Goblin

" I say that you'll go though the thorns and check from the other end as well as left and right sides. Sjakk and me will stay here and if you won't find anything suspicious, I shall enter the circle - this way everyone of you will be close to me as I shall investigate it, in case of any traps we haven't thought about."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Where have the others gone? Whispers Sjakk, crouching in the bushes.

Spoiler
    Show
    HintHint
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes