New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Can YOU survive? (IC)

I don't know... It seems a bit much at the moment. We don't have much money from our winnings.
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry sir but that's just more than we can afford right now. Do you by chance have any healing belts?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Healing Belts... I should have a few. How many do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"How much would you charge for 4?"
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-04-15 at 11:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

BlackDragon

4 Healing Belts... that's 3000gp.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm, I was hoping for a better rate since we were shopping in bulk. Any chance of that?"

"At any rate, do you have any other long spears to show us? Pehaps higher quality than your standard model but not as pricey as the last model you showed us. Which I must admit, was a very good deal. It shames me I cannot buy it right now."

"Also, what scrolls do you have on sale? Given our circumstances I don't know how likely we would be to buy one, but you do have good deals so it doesn't hurt to look"
    [/asskissing]
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-04-17 at 01:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

I'm curious, do you get the equipment of those that die in the arena?

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

8. - Top - End - #128

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    "Hmm, I was hoping for a better rate since we were shopping in bulk. Any chance of that?"

"At any rate, do you have any other long spears to show us? Pehaps higher quality than your standard model but not as pricey as the last model you showed us. Which I must admit, was a very good deal. It shames me I cannot buy it right now."

"Also, what scrolls do you have on sale? Given our circumstances I don't know how likely we would be to buy one, but you do have good deals so it doesn't hurt to look"
    [/asskissing]
    He is willing to lower the prices. I'm just giving the base value of the items. As for Longspears and Scrolls... I have plenty of spears but, not very many Scrolls... meaning they might cost a bit more than usual. he grabs a normal Make Longspear out and all of the Scrolls he has (between 10 and 20). Spear is 302gp, Scrolls depend on what you want...

9. - Top - End - #129

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by blade artist View Post
    I'm curious, do you get the equipment of those that die in the arena?
    Yes, I do... Why? Did a friend of yours die, and you want their items?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Scott View Post
    A shortspear... Hmm... He turns around and picks up a pile of shortspears. One costs 2gp. Please pick the one you want. he looks around at the items he has, looking for something that would help with healing. I have some potions and scrolls that are on sale... I've also got a couple wands and staffs too but, they cost a fair bit more.
    he was the one to say scrolls were on sale. I was just curious which ones...

11. - Top - End - #131

I have an interesting proposition for you. You sell your goods to us for 75% of their actual price, and take that 15% to bet against us. If we succeed, we can pay you back the money we owe and the money you lost. If we lose, you get your merchandise back and an extra 15% of its value. Wadda ya say.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

12. - Top - End - #132

BlackDragon

he was the one to say scrolls were on sale. I was just curious which ones...
    Just because they're on sale doesn't mean that they can't cost more than usual...

Nonetheless, there are Scrolls of Enlarge Person, Cure Minor, Inflict Minor, and various other 3rd lvl or lower spells.

Quote Originally Posted by blade artist View Post
    I have an interesting proposition for you. You sell your goods to us for 75% of their actual price, and take that 15% to bet against us. If we succeed, we can pay you back the money we owe and the money you lost. If we lose, you get your merchandise back and an extra 15% of its value. Wadda ya say.
    He laughs.... [BI saw your last fight... those Gnolls hardly stood a chance... it seems much more reasonable to bet ON you than AGAINST you. [/B]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well we are not allowed to bet on ourselves... And the odds tend to favor against us. I believe the gnolls were 25 to 1 against us. How about we hand some money over to you for our next fight, you bet it all on us, we split the winnings and you sell us a few items next time at cost rather than retail? That sounds pretty fair."

14. - Top - End - #134

"Might I suggest that he place bets on our group for us, splitting the profits, and he give us store credit equal to a portion of the gear he has added to inventory due to our killing of others in the arena. Between the bets he should easily be able to offset the costs of giving us store credit, and stacking the odds slightly in our favour while betting on us will give even more cash to him."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

After a long meditation, John, will see what he can find out about the next 'opponent'. Simply knowing its race is of little concern, knowing weaknesses and what things it might possess will help in the fight.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

16. - Top - End - #136

BlackDragon

"Well we are not allowed to bet on ourselves... And the odds tend to favor against us. I believe the gnolls were 25 to 1 against us. How about we hand some money over to you for our next fight, you bet it all on us, we split the winnings and you sell us a few items next time at cost rather than retail? That sounds pretty fair."
    Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    "Might I suggest that he place bets on our group for us, splitting the profits, and he give us store credit equal to a portion of the gear he has added to inventory due to our killing of others in the arena. Between the bets he should easily be able to offset the costs of giving us store credit, and stacking the odds slightly in our favour while betting on us will give even more cash to him."
    Yes... that sounds fair enough. Anything you want for now then?

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyindraven View Post
    After a long meditation, John, will see what he can find out about the next 'opponent'. Simply knowing its race is of little concern, knowing weaknesses and what things it might possess will help in the fight.
    You wander about until a jet of fire comes out of the window of a door. Are you going to look in to see what it was?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

John will try to carefully peer into the window, at an extreme angle first and then moving until he can see the creature.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

18. - Top - End - #138

BlackDragon

John will try to carefully peer into the window, at an extreme angle first and then moving until he can see the creature.
    At first all you see is a single reptilian head... but, once you are looking directly in the window, you can see 6 heads all attached to long necks that connect to one body... the creature then sees you... and shoots a burst of flames from all of its mouths directly at you... you just barely make it out of the way in time... Ah... checking in on your next fight, are you? says an Orc.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Yes, I would like to be at least somewhat prepared for what is facing us this round," John replies as he looks at the orc.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

20. - Top - End - #140

BlackDragon

"Yes, I would like to be at least somewhat prepared for what is facing us this round," John replies as he looks at the orc.
    I am the Monster handler... I can tell you that, that there is a Pyrohydra... they are vulnerable to cold, in fact the only way to stop the thing from regrowing its heads is to use cold on the stumps.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Thank you for your information. I believe I have what I need," John says with a bow then takes off to intercept his companions in the shop.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

22. - Top - End - #142

BlackDragon

"Thank you for your information. I believe I have what I need," John says with a bow then takes off to intercept his companions in the shop.
    You find them at the shop.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Gentlemen, we are in the market for something cold," John says to the others as they haggle.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you happen to have a scroll of 'orb of cold' or 'cone of cold'?"

25. - Top - End - #145

"An item we might find useful would be crystals of cold energy assault. Not much freezing, but it's there. Also, some alchemist's frost might be very useful."

26. - Top - End - #146

BlackDragon

"Do you happen to have a scroll of 'orb of cold' or 'cone of cold'?"
    I have a couple Scrolls of Lesser Orb of Cold... although, that Spear I showed you is probably your best bet if you want a consistent amount of cold at your disposal.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"i can make enough of the lessor orbs, i don't need any scrolls for that. And the spear is just too much. So we will mostly likely just be placing our bet with you and calling it that."

28. - Top - End - #148

Don't be so hasty to focus on long term cash. A few cheaper things that have a long term use would still be a good idea. I could use a well made buckler, and I'm sure we could get a lot of use out of an amber amulet of vermin, and a set of arcanist's gloves might be useful for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amber Amulet of Vermin (Scorpion) 700 gp: extra tank to take hits so we don't [Huge Scorpion for 10 rounds 1/day]
    Arcanist's Gloves 500 gp: CL boost for those orbs [+2 CL twice, 1st level only spells]
    MW buckler 165 gp: +1 ac for me, that goes up later, while still allowing me to threaten with my slam.
    Total spent: 1365 gp, for a cost efficent boost to offense and defense, with room for other item people might want at this stage.

29. - Top - End - #149

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    Don't be so hasty to focus on long term cash. A few cheaper things that have a long term use would still be a good idea. I could use a well made buckler, and I'm sure we could get a lot of use out of an amber amulet of vermin, and a set of arcanist's gloves might be useful for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amber Amulet of Vermin (Scorpion) 700 gp: extra tank to take hits so we don't [Huge Scorpion for 10 rounds 1/day]
    Arcanist's Gloves 500 gp: CL boost for those orbs [+2 CL twice, 1st level only spells]
    MW buckler 165 gp: +1 ac for me, that goes up later, while still allowing me to threaten with my slam.
    Total spent: 1365 gp, for a cost efficent boost to offense and defense, with room for other item people might want at this stage.
    I have a Mwk Buckler, a pair of Arcanist's Gloves and I thing I have a Amber Amulet of Vermin around here somewhere. he collects the items. Would that be all?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Sounds like a solid plan to me. We need to make sure everyone knows the next battle needs ice," John says as he walks back to their quarters.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri