New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Finding your Path in the Forgotten Realms Project (PEACH)

Introduction
    Okay, I'll let all of you know a bit about me before I begin, because what I'm doing in this thread won't be a small thing. Now, I've been playing D&D for about 12~13 years or so and I started with 2nd edition but switched over to 3rd and 3.5 edition when they arrived. Although I did enjoy playing 4th edition, it was not to my taste and it didn't play like a D&D game. As a fan of the forgotten realms, I also didn't appreciate the changes to the setting that was required for the change to 4th edition. That's just me and my tastes however and I don't intend to discuss the pros and cons as that's not really the reason I'm here and I really did enjoy my brief foray into the system.
    Now, when Pathfinder arrived, it seemed like the style I'm more familiar with and I enjoy much more thoroughly. It removed everything I wasn't particularly fond of about 3.5 edition and fixed some things I didn't think about, but was glad to see anyway. Long story short, Pathfinder is my game now.
    Over the past year or so, I moved to a new state, got a new job, and then I had the chance to play me some of the old pen and paper games again. After a few failed attempts to run a d20 modern game, I decided to stick with what I know and I know the forgotten realms.
    I know I could have switched to Pathfinder's campaign setting. It looks interesting and detailed enough, but the forgotten realms has been a part of my gaming experience for years now. I like the setting because in 3.5 edition, it was virtually all-inclusive. If you had a book, you could likely make use of it in the forgotten realms and even possibly having some historical context that it could be inserted into. For example, the Gunslinger class is interestingly enough a class that would appear to be predominantly a (rock) Gnomish convention considering that the flavor text lists them as being predominantly armed with smokepowder-based firearms and even get a free firearm and ammo for free depending upon their region of origin in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. The class never had an equivelent in 3.5 edition in any of the books I owned but Pathfinder gives the option for cowboy steampunk gnomes without really needing to change anything in the setting or the core rulebook.
    So that's why I'm here. What I want to do is begin the process of converting 3.5 and 3.0 edition D&D both generic and forgotten realms specific into pathfinder. I'll explain more about what I want and what I plan to do about it.

Quick Note: Please keep in mind that I'm doing this entirely based around the rules of my campaign. I do follow my campaign closely to the core rules but there are some minor notes you'll need if you plan to contribute to my work.
    1. I allow my players to take either a free regional feat or two traits from the advanced player's guide. I do largely feel that the regional feats are well-balanced against the APG's traits, so I have no intention of changing the regional feats of the forgotten realms campaign setting or player's guide to faerun (or whatever) unless there is a particularly egregious example that needs to change to be included.
    2. Given the above, I do not intend to alter the regions listed in the books.
    3. Outside of renaming some of the Traits, I have no intention of including new traits here.
    4. I will not use any official "alternate rules" such as armor as damage reduction, spell words, or anything of that nature. I do have a few of my own houserules, but nothing that will be relevant here.
    5. I will not be including any alternative racial features. There are several reasons for this - mostly because it'll be difficult to organize on this thread but also because I simply have no interest in them. However, I have no problem using the pre-existing alternative racial features from the APG in order to change some of the standard race features to count as a new race - for example, saying that core race X with replacement feature Y with another unique change Z counts as an entirely new race. When I started my current campaign last month, I essentially did this for wood and wild elves, which are barely different from the core elf race.
    6. I'm going to convert a lot of classes into archeotypes before doing a more direct conversion. I'm going to judge this based upon how well a particular prestige class works as a prestige class vs. an archeotype. For example, I haev every intention of converting the incantrix, red wizard, and guild wizard of waterdeep into wizard archeotypes because they although they can all function well enough with other classes as a prestige class, they appear to be largely made for the wizard. I understand that that distinction is largely subjective (the incantrix works well for other classes and makes for particularly awesome sorcerers) but for me, looking at the flavor and the prerequisites, they seem to me to be wizard prestige classes and if I get around to converting them, they'll likely show up as such. This is also important because of the issues I've heard about some of the prestige classes (like the incantrix) have balancing issues that I think is best addressed by using the archeotype approach instead of a prestige class approach.
    7. Please keep in mind that if you do help me, I'm going to be the final judge of balance. I am making this thread for help my campaign and I am asking for your own help and submissions and such, but I do want to be careful about the quality of the submissions - both from myself and others - so I may make changes (and make a post) either to point out changes I'd like to see or simply make the formatting or writing more legible. I will make my best effort to credit everyone involved in a particular thing. This isn't to say that I'm not going to listen to anyone but I just feel a judge is required as to filter the material that makes it to the top.
    8. I will make my best effort to make this thread accessable and well-organized. It's been a long time since I've been a regular on any forum, but I'm going to promise to do my best and forwarn anyone of changes, suggestions, absences, or anything.
    9. Thank you ahead of time for any/all suggestions, submissions, or other contributions. I will attempt to answer any questions to the best of my available time and ability.
    10. My final note is that I'm no legal expert on matters of gaming copyright or product identity. I do want to avoid legal matters but I also want to convert a number of creatures that might be considered as such - particularly since certain creatures (such as the beholder, mind flayer, githzerai, and so forth) are not only in faerun, but hold positions of significant power and influence and I would like to see pathfinder versions of these creatures. I have no problem being forced to make them on my own as well as any forgotten-realms specific versions and variations of those creatures but if I can include them here for public access and criticism, I would very much like to have that happen. Any advise or caution on that matter would be appreciated.

The Sections Below
    For starters, you'll notice that I've reserved numerous posts below and I intend to make use of them. I've already started converting material on my own, but from now on I'm going to attempt to add new material directly to this thread instead of the word document that won't be looked at.
    I should also like to let everyone know that although this thread's focus is the forgotten realms, conversions from outside of the campaign setting specific material (such as that from the fiendish codex, general monster manuals, etc) are all kosher as far as my considerations. I am even okay with including 3rd party materials and any unique creations of your own that appear interesting.
    My only requirement is that anything you contribute must exist in the forgotten realms - for example, if you wanted to include a generic prestige class - then that's fine, but if you intend to convert, say, a prestige class dedicated to a greyhawk god, then either skip it or convert it to a forgotten realms god or at least something that can be inserted into the realms without disrupting the flavor of the campaign. For example, you could put in a few new demon lords without much disruption to the setting, or even entire new planes or creature lords. The qlippoth have their own planar lords as do other pathfinder creatures and many of them can be included.
    I mainly want to avoid setting-specific material to other settings without at least changing it to FR-setting specific.

Quick Note: I've included numerous templates below, but those are not strictly necessary. I care more about the entries being clean, organized, and easy to look through than any specific read through. I simply put some up for posterity.
    I would also really like converted material to mention their source - particularly if something is being renamed.

Player Character Races
    The biggest priority here is going to be the core forgotten realms races listed in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, but if it's there in the fogotten Realms, I want it here.
    I would prefer that 'standard' races be seporated from the 'powerful' races. I don't want or need every single race to be player accessable (I don't care for a severely powered-down Wemic, for example) but there are some I would like to see as a 'standard' race - such as the Svirneblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Race Entry Template
    Race Name
    Flavor Text
    • Ability Score Bonuses/Penalties
    • Size
    • Speed(s)
    • Trait: Racial Trait

Be sure to list where the region this race may hail from and which book that regional information is in. This is where languages, commonly worshipped deities, and other such things would be found.

Spoiler
    Show
    Region Template
    Region: Region Name
    Recommended Subraces: Race or Races
    Automatic Languages: List of language or languages creature automatically knows, except Common (which is assumed).
    Bonus Languages: List of typically 5+ bonus languages of region and surrounding regions
    Favored Deities: Any number of gods commonly worshipped in the region.
    Regional Feats: Must be from the list of regional feats or ones uniquely created for this region. (See feat template).
    Bonus Equipment: Items commonly used by adventurers, seporated by theme. For example: (A) Masterwork Melee Weapon or Masterwork Melee Weapon or Masterwork Melee Weapon; (B) Masterwork Armor and potion or scroll (2nd level). The alternative to any selection is a bonus 100gp to the character's money.

New and Revised Base Classes
    There's a lot of room to play here and a lot of classes I'd like to see converted, though I have no particular asperations of 3.5 or 3e classes I'd like to see other than the warlock, but I'm considering making that a sorcerer archeotype (not a bloodline) or possibly a magus archeotype (in the same way that the ninja and samurai are rogue and cavalier archeotypes, respectively).
    As much as I liked the idea and uniqueness of the original's flavor, I'm not that interested in making a whole new or converted "spell" list for it as opposed to expanding upon the sorcerer's flavor to include the warlock. That's just me though.

Use the table pre-sets already made for this forum for making classes.

Though I would prefer something like this:

Base Class Template
    Spoiler
    Show
    Class Name
    Flavor Text
    Role: What does your class do for the party, exactly?
    Alignment: AL
    Hit Dice: d#
    Class Skills: Skill (Abl), Skill (Abl), Skill (Abl), Skill (Abl), Skill (Abl).
    Skill Points Per Level: # + Intelligence Modifier
    Base Attack Bonus: Poor (1/2 Level, round down), Average (3/4 Level, round down), or Good (1/Level)
    Saving Throws: Good Save (2 + 1/2 Level round down), Bad Save (1/3 level round down)
    Class Features:
    • Weapon and Armor Proficiency: List of weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies. Mention the ability to cast in armor or other applicable notes.
    • Spells: Game Rules
    • Ability (Ex): At level X, Game Rules
    • Ability (Su): At level X, Game Rules
    • Ability (Sp): At level X, Game Rules
    • Ability (XX): At level X, Game Rules
    • Sub-Ability (Ex): Game Rules
    • Sub-Ability (Su): Game Rules
    • Sub-Ability (Sp): Game Rules
    • Sub-Ability (XX): Game Rules
    • Sub-Ability Bonus Feat: Feat, Feat, Feat
    • Bonus Feats: At level X, gain Feat, Feat, Feat

Special Abilities
    1. Ability, Ability
    2. Ability, Ability
    3. Ability
    4. Ability
    5. Ability
    6. Ability
    7. Ability
    8. Ability
    9. Ability
    10. Ability
    11. Ability
    12. Ability
    13. Ability
    14. Ability
    15. Ability
    16. Ability
    17. Ability
    18. Ability
    19. Ability
    20. Ability

{table=head]Spells Per-Day
    {table=head]Level | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    1st | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    2nd | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    3rd | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    4th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    5th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    6th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    7th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    8th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    9th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    10th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    11th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    12th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    13th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    14th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    15th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    16th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    17th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    18th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    19th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    20th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    [/table][/table]

{table=head]Spells Known
    {table=head]Level | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    1st | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    2nd | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    3rd | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    4th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    5th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    6th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    7th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    8th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    9th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    10th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    11th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    12th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    13th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    14th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    15th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    16th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    17th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    18th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    19th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    20th | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    [/table][/table]

Class Archeotypes
    There's a lot of room to play here and a lot of unique options to give classes that are uniquely flavored.
    This entry also includes sorcerer bloodlines, wizard specializations, cleric subdomains, and similar abilities.

Class Archeotype Template
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archeotype Name (Base Class Name)
    Flavor Text
    • New Ability (Ex, Su, or Sp): Level in which the ability is gained and the game rules of the ability or alteration. This entry can include the removal of multiple abilities (such as domain or spellcasting). If this ability replaces another ability directly, it should be mentioned here and usually at the end of the entry.
    • New Ability (Ex, Su, or Sp): Level in which the ability is gained and the game rules of the ability or alteration. This entry can include the removal of multiple abilities (such as domain or spellcasting). If this ability replaces another ability directly, it should be mentioned here and usually at the end of the entry.

Sorcerer Bloodline Template
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bloodline Name
    Flavor Text
    • Class Skill: Skill (Abl)
    • Bonus Spells: 1st Level Spell (3rd), 2nd Level Spell (5th), 3rd Level Spell (7th), 4th Level Spell (9th), 5th Level Spell (11th), 6th Level Spell (13th), 7th Level Spell (15th), 8th Level Spell (17th), 9th Level Spell (19th)
    • Bonus Feats: Feat, Feat, Feat, Feat, Feat.
    • Bloodline Arcana: Game Rules for the Bloodline Arcana.
    • Bloodline Powers: Flavor Text.
    • Power (Ex, Sp, or Su): At 1st level, (Game Rules).
    • Power (Ex, Sp, or Su): At 3rd level, (Game Rules).
    • Power (Ex, Sp, or Su): At 9th level, (Game Rules).
    • Power (Ex, Sp, or Su): At 15th level, (Game Rules).
    • Power (Ex, Sp, or Su): At 20th level, (Game Rules).

List any major class ability removals at the top of the entry with the added abilities below that. They should be otherwise listed in the order in which they are taken away.

Class Sub-Abilities
    Seporate from the others, this will include things like rage powers, rogue talents, summoner evolutions, and so on.

The Granted Domains and Divine Powers of Faerun
    This will include domains, oracle mysteries, and so on and mostly the gods that grant these abilities.

Regional, General, Combat, Metamagic, Item Creation, and Other Feats
    I prefer to only convert the ones that NEED changing with mentions of ones that don't and the ones that shouldn't exist outright or already have pathfinder versions.

Weapons, Armor, Tools and Equipment
    Many of these I don't think need conversions but I'm sure there are plenty of mundane items that need to be changed in some manner or another.

Spells, Magic, and Psionic Powers
    I could honestly do without forgotten realms spells and such at all but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't consider using some of them at some point. I think we all know about the issues of piling on more and sometimes broken spells onto a game.
    I think any spells or magic or powers of any kind should and with good reason be under the greatest scrutiny if they get mentioned here at all in addition to the spells that can be included as-is or with only minor conversion (1xp to x5gp) that won't impact game balance.

Spell/Power Template
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spell or Power Name
    School School Name (Subschool) [Descriptor]; Level Class #, Class #
    Casting Time:
    Components:
    Range:
    Target or Area or Effect:
    Duration:
    Saving Throw Save (Fortitude, Reflex, Will, None) half, partial, or negates; Spell Resistance Yes or No
    Flavor Text and Game Rules

Prestige Classes
    Pathfinder seems to only keep as prestige classes rather broad archeotypes that can be easily qualified for by many classes. Some of these are debatable and I suppose it's subjective as to which makes more sense as a Prestige Class or Archeotype but I figure if a prestige class seems to be made for one particular class, it should be an archeotype, but if it can fit into a much broader stroke then it might make a better prestige class.

The template for classes works for prestige classes as well.

Magic Weapons, Armor, Rings, Rods, and Staves
    This shouldn't be too difficult to have and indeed and I'm not even sure it's necessary, but I figure I'll keep this here in case I or someone feels like including something along the lines of converted or new items.

Wonderous Items, Cursed Items, Intelligent Items, and Artifacts
    Same as above, really. Forgotten Realms has a lot of unique items.

Monsters, NPCs, Important Figures, and Challenges
    I would honestly prefer the old monster template (the one used in the first, second, and third monster manuals instead of the one pathfinder is currently using but I'll take either as long as it's clean, organized, and has all the necessary information.

Creature/NPC Template (Slightly modified)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creature Name
    What you See
    CR #; XP #; Alignment Type (Subtype); Terrain; Climate
    Init #; Senses Skills, Feats, Spells, Abilities that add or aid senses
    Aura Auras from class, feat, racial, spell, or other abilities and the range/radius
    ========== Defense ==========
    AC #; Touch #; Flat-Footed # (AC bonus breakdown) CMD #
    HP # (Hit Dice + Bonuses) Fast Healing #; Regeneration # (Bypass)
    Fort # Reflex # Will #; Special Save Bonuses
    DR #/Type Immune Listed Immunities from race, spells, other abilities Resist Listed Energy Resistances SR #
    Weaknesses Listed Weaknesses
    Defensive Abilities Any other defensive powers or abilities
    ========== Offense ==========
    Speed #ft, X Speed #ft (Maneuverability)
    Melee Primary Attack +# (#d#+Damage Bonus/#-20x# plus ability), Secondary Attack(s) +# (#d#+Damage Bonus/#-20x# plus ability)
    Ranged Primary Attack +# (#d#+Damage Bonus/#-20x# plus ability)
    Space #ft Reach #ft (#ft with X) CMB #
    Special Attacks Attack (Notes), Attack, Attack (Notes)
    ========== Statistics ==========
    Str #, Dex #, Con #, Int #, Wis #, Cha #; Base Attack #
    Feats Feat, Feat, Feat
    Skills Skill +# (+# Special Circumstance), Skill +#; Racial Modifiers Skill +# (+# Special Circumstance), Skill +#
    Languages Language, Language, Language
    Special Qualities Ability, Ability +#,
    ========== Spells and Spell-Like Abilities ==========
    Constant or Ongoing Effects--Spell, Spell (CL #; Save DC #), Spell
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL #; Concentration +#)
    At Will--Spell, Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    ##/day--Spell, Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    #/day--Spell, Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    Spells Prepared (CL #; Concentration +#)
    ##Level--Spell (#), Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    #/Level--Spell, Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    Spontaneous Spells Known (CL #; Concentration +#)
    ##Level (#/day)--Spell, Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    #/Level (#/day)--Spell, Spell (Save DC #), Spell
    ========== Ecology ==========
    Environment Environment
    Organization # in which they are typically found
    Treasure Treasure Type
    ========== Special Abilities ==========
    Ability (Ex) - Game Rules
    Ability (Su) - Game Rules

Description

Epic Level Forgotten Realms
    I'm not currently going to include creatures, abilities, NPCs, or anything that would be considered epic. I plan on working on it in the forseeable future depending on how things go over the next few months in my current campaign and I have a lot of ideas on how to impliment a less-stupid and heavily simplified (compared to the 3rd/3.5e epic rules) version of those rules, but currently, I'm just not going to deal with it.
    I may also fold in a lot of the deities and demigods rules as well as the elder evils and numerous planar lords and other horrors that epic characters can face.
    In the meantime, I'm dealing strictly with Levels 1 - 20, CRs 1/8 thru 25, and so on.

Current Thoughts/Project

Finally completed all the dwarf stats and stuff. ... mostly.
    I'm done with races for awhile. I'd like to focus on a few more feats that need converting. Perhaps a few prestige classes as well.
    My PCs are in the Thay/Rashemi/eastern areas of Faerun fighting the Tuigan Horde, so perhaps I would do well to convert some unapproachable east materials...
    Like the Star Elves and Hagspawn and... goddamnit!

Thank you for your time.... and yes I am insane for doing all this.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-08-06 at 12:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Finding your Path in the Forgotten Realms Project (PEACH)

Player Character Races
    Represented here are the various races available to player characters. They are catagorized by race, followed by subrace seporated into two sections.
    The first section includes standard player races, which are supposed to be balanced with the core races.
    The second section includes powerful player races, which require special DM consideration before allowing into your campaign.

Standard Player Character Races

Spoiler
    Show

Powerful Player Character Races

Spoiler
    Show

Dwarf

Elf

Gnomes
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-08-20 at 06:56 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default New and Revised Base Classes

New and Revised Base Classes

Warblade (Incomplete/Under Construction)
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-09-03 at 07:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Default Class Archeotypes

Class Archeotypes

Alchemist
    Antipaladin (Paladin Archeotype)
    Bard
    Barbarian

Cavalier
    Spoiler
    Show

Cleric

Druid
    Fighter
    Gunslinger
    Inquisitor
    Magus

Monk

Ninja (Rogue Archeotype)
    Oracle

Paladin
    Spoiler
    Show

Psion
    Psychic Warrior

Ranger
    Spoiler
    Show

Rogue
    Spoiler
    Show

Samurai (Cavalier Archeotype)

Sorcerer

Soulknife
    Summoner
    Wilder

Wizard
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-05-02 at 10:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Class Sub-Abilities

Warblade Disciplines (Incomplete/Under Construction)
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-09-07 at 11:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Default Granted Domains and Divine Powers of Faerun

Granted Domains and Divine Powers of Faerun
    Dealing with the deities and such of faerun is a daunting task. I knew, when starting my current campaign, that this would be the first thing I would have to deal with. So, I was faced with a few options.
    First, I could simply do a direct translation - which is problematic considering that the FR domains in the player's guide to faerun would be underpowered compared to their pathfinder counterparts and because I wasn't keen on allowing many of the spells granted by these domains into the game.
    I could also have only allowed the pathfinder domains into the game - ignoring all the new options. Problem with that is that not all the domains in PF exist in FR, so some would be out-and-out unused.
    I didn't like any of these options, so the result is that I 'translated' all of the domains into pathfinder.

I've allowed druids to access the domains of the god he or she venerates instead of a druid-specific list in order to keep with this flavor. The druid-specific domains are still there and some of them are only accessable by druids.

Forgotten Realms Cleric and Druid Domains

Spoiler
    Show
    Air Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P41)
    Deities: Aerdrie Faenya, Akadi, Auril, Set, Shaundakul, Sheela Peryoroyl, Valkur

Animal Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P41)
    Deities: Aerdrie Faenya, Baervan Wildwanderer, Chauntea, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Lurue, Malar, Mielikki, Nobanion, Sebek, Shiallia, Silvanus, Thard Harr, Ulutiu, Uthgar
    Special: Druids that venerate one of the above deities that grant this domain can also select the eagle (UM p34), frog (UM p34), monkey (UM p34 & 35), or wolf domain (UM p36).

Aquatic Domain (Formerly Ocean) (Ultimate Magic P33)
    Deities: Deep Sashelas, Istishia, Ulutiu, Umberlee, Valkur

Arctic Domain (Formerly Cold) (Ultimate Magic P33)
    Deities: Auril, Ulutiu

Artiface Domain (Formerly Craft) (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P41 & 42)
    Deities: Callarduran Smoothands, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Flandal Steelskin, Garl Glitergold, Geb, Gond, Laduguer, Moradin, Thoth

Balance Domain
    Deities: Grumbar, Oghma, Ubtao, Waukeen
    Granted Powers: You have been granted supreme power and insight from your deity that allows you to see and understand things before others. You gain a +2 bonus to all sense motive checks.
    Armor of the Wise (Sp): 1/Day Add your Wisdom Modifier to your AC for 1 round as an immediate action. You gain an additional use of this ability at 6th level, 12th level, and you reach the maximum of 4/day at 18th level.
    Purity of Body (PFCore P59) (Ex) At 8th Level, you gain purity of body as a monk.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Corruption Resistance (APG p212); 2nd- Calm Emotions; 3rd- Seek Thoughts (APG p242); 4th- Dismissal; 5th- Cleanse (APG p211); 6th- Banishment; 7th- Euphoric Tranquility (APG p219); 8th- Protection from Spells M, F; 9th- Overwhelming Presence (UM p230)

Cave Domain (Formerly Cavern) (Ultimate Magic P33)
    Deities: Callarduran Smoothhands, Dumathoin, Geb, Ghaunadaur, Grumbar, Gruumsh, Luthic, Segojan Earthcaller, Shar

Cavern Domain (Renamed Cave)

Chaos Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P42)
    Deities: Aerdrie Faenya, Angharradh, Anhur, Bahgtru, Beshaba, Corellon Larethian, Cyric, Deep Sashelas, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Eilistraee, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Finder Wyvernspur, Garagos, Ghaunadaur, Gruumsh, Haela Brightaxe, Hanali Celanil, Kiaransalee, Labelas Enoreth, Lliira, Lolth, Lurue, Malar, Nephthys, Rillifane Rallathil, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Selvetarm, Sharess, Shargaas, Sharindlar, Shaundakul, Shevarash, Solonor Thelandira, Sune, Talona, Talos, Tempus, Thard Harr, Tymora, Umberlee, Urdlen, Uthgar, Valkur, Vhaeraun

Charm Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P42)
    Deities: Eilistraee, Finder Wyvernspur, Garagauth, Hanali Celanil, Lliira, Milil, Oghma, Sharess, Sharindlar, Sheela Peryroyl, Sune

Cold Domain (Renamed Arctic)

Community Domain (Formerly Family) (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P42)
    Deities: Berronar Truesilver, Cyrrollalee, Eldath, Hathor, Isis, Lliira, Luthic, Yondalla

Craft Domain (Renamed Artiface)

Darkness Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P42)
    Deities: Lolth, Mask, Set, Shar, Shargaas

Death Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P42 & P43)
    Deities: Velsharoon, Yurtrus

Destruction Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P43)
    Deities: Bane, Cyric, Garagos, Ilneyal, Istishia, Kossuth, Lolth, Talona, Talos, Umberlee, Yurtrus

Drow Domain
    Deities: Eilistraee, Ghaunadaur, Kiaransalee, Lolth, Selvetarm, Vhaeraun
    Granted Power: The gods of the drow grant you abilities that reflect their dark and sinister nature. You gain the poison use (Ex) ability and do not risk accidentally poisoning yourself when applying poison to a blade or other object.
    Poison Expert: You gain a bonus equal to half your cleric level (minimum +1) to all craft (poison) checks.
    Spider Bond (Ex): At 4th levell, you gain a familiar as a wizard of 3 levels lower. You can only select a scarlett spider familiar (Bestiary P258).
    Domain Spells: 1st- Vanish (APG p253); 2nd- Clairvoyance/Clairaudience; 3rd- Suggestion; 4th- Discern Lies; 5th- Pain Strike, Mass (APG p234); 6th- Dispel Magic, Greater; 7th- Word of Chaos; 8th- Planar Ally, Greater M; 9th- Gate M

Dwarf Domain
    Deities: Abbathor, Berronar Truesilver, Clangeddin, Deep Durra, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Gorm Gulthyn, Haela Brightaxe, Laduguer, Marthammor Duin, Moradin, Sharindlar, Thard Harr, Vergadain
    Granted Power: The dwarven gods grant you powers and abilities that reflect and enhance the nature of their dwarven children. You gain a +2 bonus on all charisma skills when interacting with dwarves.
    Dwarf's Endurance (Ex): You gain a bonus equal to 1/3rd of your cleric level (minimum +1) on the following checks and saves: Swim checks to resist nonlethal damage damage from exhaustion; Constitution checks made to continue running; Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march; Constitution checks made to hold your breath; Constitution checks made to to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst; Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments; And fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. You may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued. The benefits from this ability stack with that of the endurance feat. A dwarf with the benefit of this domain and the endurance feat can sleep in light, medium, or heavy armor without becoming fatigued.
    Superior Dwarven Hardiness (Ex): At 8th level, you gain a +1 bonus to all saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like effects. This bonus increases by +1 every four levels thereafter to a maximum of +4 at 20th level.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Magic Weapon; 2nd- Bear's Endurance; 3rd- Glyph of Warding M; 4th- Magic Weapon, Greater; 5th- Fabricate; 6th- Stone Tell; 7th- Dictim; 8th- Protection from Spells M, F; 9th- Elemental Swarm (Earth Only)

Earth Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P43)
    Deities: Callarduran Smoothhands, Chauntea, Dumathoin, Geb, Gond, Grumbar, Luthic, Moradin, Segojan Earthcaller, Urdlen, Urogalan
    Special: Druids that venerate one of the above deities can also select the mountain domain (UM p35) as one of his or her domain choices.

Elf Domain
    Deities: Aerdrie Faenya, Angharradh, Corellon Larethian, Deep Sashelas, Eilistraee, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Hanali Celanil, Labelas Enoreth, Rillifane Rallathil, Sehanine Moonbow, Shevarash, Solonor Thelandira
    Granted Power: The power of the Seldarine is strong in you and the divine fair folk grant you several powers that reflect their grace and creativity. You gain a +2 bonus to all charisma skills when interacting with elves (except drow).
    Advanced Elven Weapons Training (Ex): You gain a +1 bonus to any attack roll with any weapon you are proficient with that uses your dexterity to attack, such as ranged weapons or melee weapons with the weapon finesse feat. At 5th level, you gain a +1 bonus to damage to such attacks. At 11th level, both bonuses increase to +2. At 20th level, both bonuses increase to +3.
    Meld Steel and Magic (Su): At 8th level, you can embue your melee weapon with the spell storing (Pathfinder Core Rulebook page 472) property as a swift action. You can use this ability once per day and it lasts for one minute. You can use this ability one additional time per day every five levels after to a maximum of 3 times per day at 18th level.
    Domain Spells: 1st- True Strike; 2nd- Cat's Grace; 3rd- Snare; 4th- Tree Stride; 5th- Commune with Nature; 6th- Find the Path; 7th- Liveoak; 8th- Sunburst; 9th- Antipathy

Evil Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P43 & P44)
    Deities: Abbathor, Auril, Bahgtru, Bane, Beshaba, Cyric, Deep Durra, Garaguth, Ghaunadaur, Gruumsh, Ilneval, Kiaransalee, Laduguer, Lolth, Loviatar, Luthic, Malar, Mask, Sebek, Selvetarm, Set, Shar, Sargaas, Talona, Talos, Tiamat, Umberlee, Urdlen, Velsharoon, Vhaerun, Yurtrus

Family Domain (Renamed Community)

Fate Domain
    Deities: Beshaba, Hathor, Hoar, Jergal, Kelemvor, Savras
    Granted Power: Your understanding of fate is such that you become increasingly aware of your own path and the paths of others. As you become more knowledgeable, your power to manipulate your own fate and the fates of others around you also increases.
    Uncanny Dodge (PF Core P34) or Improved Uncanny Dodge (PF Core P34) if you already have Uncanny Dodge as the rogue and barbarian ability.
    Greater Destiny (Su): Reroll any d20 roll 1/day at 6th level. You must accept the second roll. You gain an additional use of this ability at 12th and 18th level.
    Domain Spells: 1st- True Strike; 2nd- Augury; 3rd- Bestow Curse; 4th- Divination M; 5th- Mark of Justice; 6th- Geas/Quest; 7th- Vision M, F; 8th- Moment of Prescience; 9th- Foresight

Fire Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P44)
    Deities: Gond, Kossuth, Talos

Glory Domain (Formerly Retribution) (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P44)
    Deities: Hoar, Horus-Re, Kiaransalee, Loviatar, Osiris, Shevarash, Tyr, Uthgar

Gnome Domain
    Deities: Baervan Wildwanderer, Baravar Cloakshadow, Callarduran Smoothhands, Flandal Steelskin, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garl Glittergold, Segojan Earthcaller, Urdlen
    Granted Power: The lords of the golden hills grant you powers and abilities that reflect the curious and capricious nature. You gain a +2 to all charisma skill checks when interacting with gnomes.
    Superior Gnomish Magic (Sp): You can gain two 0-level spells as a spell-like ability usable once per day. At 3rd level, you gain a 1st level spell usable once per day and an additional spell every three levels thereafter. At 12th level and every three levels thereafter, you may select any 1st or 2nd level spell. At 18th level, you may select any 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level spell. This can be any spell from the druid spell list or any illusion, enchantment, or transmutation spell.
    Improved Illusion Resistance: At 9th level, you gain a +1 bonus to your saves against illusion spells or effects. This bonus increases to +2 at 15th level.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Silent Image; 2nd- Instant Armor (APG p229); 3rd- Minor Image; 4th- Minor Creation; 5th- Hallucinatory Terrain; 6th- Fool's Forbiddance (APG p224); 7th- Screen; 8th- Irresistable Dance; 9th- Summon Nature's Ally IX

Good Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P44)
    Deities: Aerdrie Faenya, Angharradh, Anhur, Arvoreen, Baervan Wildanderer, Baravar Cloakshadow, Berronar Truesilver, Chauntea, Clangeddin, Corellon Larethian, Cyrrollalee, Deep Sashelas, Deneir, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Eilistraee, Eldath, Flandal Steelskin, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garl Glittergold, Gorm Gulthyn, Gwaeron Windstrom, Haela Brightaxe, Hanali Celanil, Hathor, Horus-Re, Ilmater, Isis, Labelas Enorath, Lathander, Lliira, Lurue, Marthammor Duin, Mielikki, Milil, Moradin, Mystra, Nephthys, Nobanion, Osiris, Rillifane Rallathil, Segojan Earthcaller, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Sharess, Sharindlar, Shiallia, Solonor Thelandira, Sune, Thard Harr, Torm, Tymora, Tyr, Valkur, Yondalla

Halfling Domain
    Deities: Arvoreen, Brandobaris, Crrollalee, Sheela Peryroyl, Urogalan, Yondalla
    Granted Power: Yondalla’s children share powers and abilities that best reflect their optimistic and cheerful natures. You gain a +2 bonus on all charisma skills when interacting with Halflings.
    Supreme Footwork (Ex): You gain a bonus equal to 1/2 your Cleric Level to acrobatics and stealth (minimum +1).
    Halfling Audacity: At 7th level, you gain a +2 bonus to all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the halfling fearless trait. This bonus increases by +1 every two levels thereafter. At 13th level, you become immune to fear. At 15th level, you gain a +1 bonus to all savinig throws. This bonus stacks with halfling luck.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Magic Stone; 2nd- Cat's Grace; 3rd- Magic Vestment; 4th- Freedom of Movement; 5th- Mage's Faithful Hound; 6th- Move Earth; 7th- Shadow Walk; 8th- Word of Recall; 9th- Foresight

Hatred Domain
    Deities: Bane, Ghaunadaur, Gruumsh, Set, Urdlen
    Granted Power: You have learned to turn your hatred toward others into a potent weapon backed by the eternal hatred and supreme divine wrath of your god.
    Burning Hate (Sp): 1/day as a swift action, gain a +2 profane bonus against one enemy on attack rolls, saving throws, and armor class until the opponent is dead or the end of the day, whichever comes first. You gain an additional use of this ability at 4th, 12th, and 20th level. This bonus increases by one point at 8th and 16th level (to a maximum of +4).
    Manifesting Hatred (Sp): At 8th level, your hatred can manifest in physical form which allows you to assault a single opponent with your divine hatred. If you expend one use of your channel energy ability, you can target one creature within 30 feet and force that opponent to take damage equal to your channel energy damage except that half of this damage is fire and half is purely divine. The target can make a fortitude saving throw to reduce the damage by half. This damage persists for one round per two cleric levels you possess and deals an amount of damage equal to the number of dice used in your channel energy ability. Another fortitude saving throw negates this damage and prevents the duration from lasting any longer. The saving throw is based off the save for your channel energy ability.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Doom; 2nd- Scare; 3rd- Bestow Curse; 4th- Song of Discord; 5th- Righteous Might; 6th- Forbiddance; 7th- Blasphemy; 8th- Antipathy; 9th- Wail of the Banshee

Healing Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P44)
    Deities: Berronar Truesilver, Ilmater, Lurue, Luthic, Sharindlar, Torm

Illusion Domain
    Deities: Akadi, Azuth, Baravar Cloakshadow, Cyric, Mystra, Sehanine Moonbow
    Granted Power: Your ability to manipulate illusions is backed by the knowledge and divine powers of the gods of magic and illusions. You can cast prestigitation at will as a spell-like ability.
    Grand Illusions (Su): Whenever you cast an illusion (figment) spell that you must concentrate on to maintain, you can increase the duration by 1 round per two cleric levels (minimum +1) and you do not have to maintain concentration during those rounds. All other illusion (figment) spells have their durations doubled as though under the effect of the extend spell metamagic feat. This effect does not stack with the extend spell metamagic feat. At 7th level, all of your illusion (figment) spells are enlarged as per the enlarge spell feat. At 14th level, all of your illusion (figment) spells are widened, as per the widen spell feat. These do not stack with the enlarge spell and widen spell feats respectively.
    Separation of Reality and Illusion: At 9th level, you gain a +2 bonus to all saving throws against illusions. This bonus increases to +3 at 14th level and to its maximum of +4 at 19th level.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Silent Image; 2nd- Minor Image; 3rd- Displacement; 4th- Phantasmal Killer; 5th- Persistent Image; 6th- Mislead; 7th- Project Image; 8th- Screen; 9th- Weird

Knowledge Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P45)
    Deities: Angharradh, Azuth, Deep Sashelas, Deneir, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Gond, Gwaeron Windstrom, Labelas Enoreth, Milil, Mystra, Oghma, Savras, Sehanine Moonbow, Shar, Siamorphe, Thoth, Tyr, Waukeen

Law Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P45)
    Deities: Arvoreen, Azuth, Bane, Berronar Truesilver, Glangeddin, Cyrrollalee, Deep Duerra, Gaerdal Ironhand, Gargauth, Garl Glittergold, Gorm Gulthyn, Helm, Hoar, Horus-Re, Ilmater, Jergal, Kelemvor, Laduguer, Loviatar, Moradin, Nobanion, Osiris, Red Knight, Savras, Set, Siamorphe, Tiamat, Torm, Tyr, Ulutiu, Urogalan, Yondalla

Liberation Domain (Formerly Renewal) (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P45)
    Deities: Angharradh, Chauntea, Finder Wyvernspur, Kossuth, Lathander, Shiallia, Silvanus

Luck Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P45)
    Deities: Abbathor, Beshaba, Brandobaris, Erevan Ilesere, Haela Brightaxe, Mask, Oghma, Tymora, Vergadain

Madness Domain (Formerly Mentalism) (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P45 & P46)
    Deities: Deep Duerra

Magic Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P46)
    Deities: Azuth, Corellon Larethian, Hanali Celanil, Isis, Laduguer, Mystra, Savras, Set, Thoth, Velsharoon

Mentalism (Renamed Madness)

Metal Domain
    Deities: Dumathoin, Flandal Steelskin, Gond, Grumbar, Laduguer
    Granted Power: Your understanding of all metals is surpassed by few. Your weapons gain the divine power to act like any material you desire it to be. Any held items you wield or attend gain a +1/3 cleric level bonus to saving throws against magical effects that would damage or destroy it, such as rusting grasp or shatter (minimum +1).
    Superior Metalwork (Ex): Gain 1/2 Cleric level to all craft skills involving metal (minimum +1).
    Polymetal Weapon (Su): Starting at 6th level, your weapon can be instantly transmuted to replicate any kind of metal on the spot. For a number of rounds equal to your cleric level, you can bypass any metal-based damage reduction (such as silver, adamantine, or cold iron) with any metal weapon you wield. These rounds need not be used consecutively.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Magic Weapon; 2nd- Heat Metal; 3rd- Keen Edge; 4th- Rusting Grasp; 5th- Wall of Iron M; 6th- Blade Barrier; 7th- Transmute Metal to Wood; 8th- Iron Body; 9th- Repel Metal or Stone

Moon Domain
    Deities: Eilistraee, Hathor, Malar, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Sharindlar
    Granted Power: Divine energies from the moon surround and penetrate you, granting you abilities that allow you to manipulate lycantheropes and use moonlight. You gain lowlight vision.
    Turn Lycantheropes: Use your channel energy ability to cause all creatures with the shapechanger subtype within 30ft of you to flee as though panicked. They receive a saving throw (Will DC 10 + 1/2 your cleric level + your charisma modifier) to negate the effect. Those that fail their save flee for one minute but can make a new saving throw each round to end the effect. If you use channel energy in this way, it can do no other effect (such as heal or harm other creatures in the area.)
    Moonfire (Sp): At 8th level, if you spend two channel energy uses, you can create a cone of pure moonlight that deals damage to all creatures within a 30ft cone equal to your channel energy damage. In addition, all creatures are affected as though hit with a faerie fire spell and all creatures with the shapechanger subtype take an additional +1 damage per dice of damage of your channel energy ability. If the creatures within the radius succeed at a reflex save equal to your channel energy save DC, then the damage is halved and the faerie fire effect is negated.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Faerie Fire; 2nd- Burning Gaze (APG p208); 3rd- Moonstruck (APG p232); 4th- Good Hope; 5th- Life Bubble (APG p230); 6th- Permanent Image; 7th- Insanity; 8th- Animal Shapes; 9th- Polar Midnight (UM p232)

Nobility Domain (Pathfinder Roleplaying Core Rulebook P46)
    Deities: Horus-Re, Lathander, Melil, Nobanion, Red Knight, Siamorphe

Ocean Domain (Renamed Aquatic)

Orc Domain
    Deities: Bahgtru, Gruumsh, Ilneval, Luthic, Shargaas, Yurtrus
    Granted Power: Savage and brutal, your divine powers best emulate the nature of Gruumsh’s children. You gain a +2 bonus to all intimidate checks.
    Smite Enemy (Su): Once per day, smite one opponent with one attack. If the attack connects, you gain a bonus to damage equal to your cleric level. You gain an additional use of this ability at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20.
    Rage (Ex): At 9th level, You gain a +4 morale bonus to strength and constitution as well as a +2 morale bonus to will saving throws for a number of rounds per day equal to 1 + your constitution modifier + your cleric level. These rounds need not be used consecutively. During a rage, you gain a -2 penalty to armor class. Once your rage is ended, you are fatigued for twice the time you spent raging.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Cause Fear; 2nd- Produce Flame; 3rd- Prayer; 4th- Divine Power; 5th- Prying Eyes; 6th- Eyebite; 7th- Blasphemy; 8th- Cloak of Chaos F; 9th- Power Word Kill

Planning Domain
    Deities: Gond, Helm, Ilneval, Red Knight, Siamorphe, Ubtao
    Granted Power: You are meticulous and methodical in your approach to everything. Very little escapes your logic and reasoning and you make an effort to be prepared for everything. You gain a +2 to will saving throws against fear.
    Mental Preparation (Ex): You gain a bonus to your initiative equal to +1/2 Cleric level (minimum +1).
    Contingency (Sp): At 11th level, you gain the ability to cast the contingency spell 1/day as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your cleric level. You gain an additional use of this ability at 15th level and 19th level (maximum 3/day).
    Domain Spells: 1st- Deathwatch; 2nd- Augury M, F; 3rd- Clairaudience/Clairvoyance; 4th- Imbue with Spell Ability; 5th- Detect Scrying; 6th- Heroes' Feast; 7th- Scrying, Greater; 8th- Discern Location; 9th- Time Stop

Plant Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P46)
    Deities: Angharradh, Baervan Wildwanderer, Chauntea, Eldath, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Mielikki, Osiris, Rillifane Rallathil, Sheela Peryroyl, Shiallia, Silvanus, Solonor Thelandira, Thard Harr, Ubtao
    Special: Druids that venerate one of the above deities that grants this domain can also select the jungle (UM p34) and plains domains (UM p35) as one of his or her choices.

Portal Domain
    Deities: Eilistraee, Shaundakul
    Granted Power: You are attuned to both the natural and unnatural magical doorways of Faerun, giving you advantages that few of your peers are even aware of. Perception is a class skill for you.
    Detect Portal (Su): You can detect portals with a perception check as though they were a secret door. You gain a bonus equal to half your cleric level (minimum +1) in order to sense a portal regardless of whether it is active or inactive.
    Blink (Sp): At 7th level, you gain the ability to blink as the spell for one round per cleric level (these rounds need not be used consecutively).
    Domain Spells: 1st- Summon Monster 1; 2nd- Rope Trick; 3rd- Dimensional Anchor; 4th- Dimension Door; 5th- Teleport; 6th- Banishment; 7th- Etherealness; 8th- Dimensional Lock; 9th- Gate M

Protection Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P46)
    Deities: Angharradh, Arvoreen, Baravar Cloakshadow, Berronar Truesilver, Chauntea, Corellon Larethian, Deneir, Dumathoin, Eldath, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garl Glittergold, Geb, Gorm Gulthyn, Hanali Celanil, Helm, Kelemvor, Laduguer, Lathander, Marthammor Duin, Moradin, Nephthys, Rillifane Rallathil, Selune, Shaundakul, Silvanus, Sune, Tempus, Torm, Tymora, Ubtao, Ulutiu, Urogalan, Valkur, Waukeen, Yondalla

Renewal Domain (Renamed Liberation)

Repose Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P46 & P47)
    Deities: Jergal, Kelemvor, Osiris, Urogalan

Retribution Domain (Renamed Glory)

Rune Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P47)
    Deities: Deneir, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Jergal, Mystra, Thoth

Scalykind Domain (Renamed Serpent)

Serpent Domain (Formerly Scalykind) (Ultimate Magic P35)
    Deities: Finder Wyvernspur, Sebek, Set, Tiamat, Ubtao

Slime Domain
    Deities: Ghaundaur
    Granted Power: You have affiliated yourself with slimes and oozes, granting you a mad understanding of these alien and eternally hungry monsters. You gain a +4 to all saves against the special abilities and powers of oozes and slimes.
    Gaseous Form (Sp): You can transform yourself into a cloud of gas as per the spell gaseous form for one round per level. These rounds need not be used consecutively.
    Fluid Form (Sp): At 8th level, your body can become fluidic as the spell (APG p233) for one minute per cleric level. These minutes need not be used consecutively, but they must be used in one minute increments.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Grease; 2nd- Acid Arrow; 3rd- Poison; 4th- Touch of Slime (UM p243); 5th- Black Tentacles; 6th- Conjure Black Pudding (UM P211) M; 7th- Destruction F; 8th- Power Word Blind; 9th- Implosion

Spell Domain
    Deities: Azuth, Mystra, Savras, Thoth
    Granted Power: You gain a clear understanding of the nature and power of spells and the casters that use them. Use Magic Device is a class skill for you.
    Spell Knowledge: You gain a bonus equal to 1/2 your Cleric Level to all spellcraft checks and to Use Magic Device Checks to use scrolls, wands, and staves (minimum +1).
    Arcane Magic (Sp): At third level, you gain one spell-like ability from the sorcerer/wizard spell list of your choice and an additional spell-like ability every three levels thereafter. The spell you select must be a level one spell or lower. At 9th level, you can select a spell of 2nd level or lower. At 18th level, you can select a spell of 3rd level or lower.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Mage Armor; 2nd- Silence; 3rd- Arcane Sight; 4th- Mnemonic Enhancer F; 5th- Break Enchantment; 6th- Mage's Lucibration; 7th- Limited Wish M; 8th- Antimagic Field; 9th- Mage's Disjunction

Spider Domain
    Deities: Lolth, Selvetarm
    Granted Power: You are the hunter with weapons of poison, deceit, lies, and an understanding that all others are your prey.
    Poisonous Touch (Su): If you expend one use of you channel energy ability, you can make a touch attack that poisons your opponent. If you successfully touch your opponent, he must make fortitude save equal to the DC of your channel energy ability or become sickened. The onset is immediate and the frequency is 1/round with a duration equal to 1/3rd your cleric level (minimum 1 round). Only one save is required to end the effect. At 8th level, the victim takes 1 point of strength damage in addition to being sickened. At 11th level, the victim must save twice in order to cure the affliction.
    Spider Companion (Ex): At 4th level, you gain a Spider, Giant Vermin Companion (Ultimate Magic p37). Your cleric level equals your druid level -3 for purposes of determining the power and ability of the vermin companion.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Spider Climb; 2nd- Summon Swarm; 3rd- Phantom Steed; 4th- Giant Vermin; 5th- Insect Plague; 6th- Vermin Shape II (UM P246); 7th- Creeping Doom; 8th- Prying Eyes, Greater; 9th- Symbol of Vulnerability (UM p243)

Storm Domain (Renamed Weather)

Strength Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P47)
    Deities: Anhur, Bahgtru, Clangeddin, Garagos, Gruumsh, Helm, Ilmater, Lathander, Loviatar, Malar, Tempus, Torm, Uthgar

Suffering Domain
    Deities: Ilmater, Jergal, Kossuth, Loviatar, Talona, Yurtrus
    Granted Power: You are a sadomasochist that enjoys the pain of others but only as much as you enjoy inflicting pain upon yourself. You live in the suffering and get almost a divine revelry out of it.
    Pain Ray (Sp): You can create a ray of pure pain that hurts and hinders opponents. As a ranged touch attack out to 30 feet where you can deal 1d4 +1/2 cleric levels nonlethal damage. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your wisdom modifier. At 4th level, this ray causes the sickened condition (Will negates, DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + wisdom modifier) for one round. At 7th level, this ray causes the nauseated condition instead of the sickened condition. At 9th level, the duration increases to 1d4 rounds. At 15th level, the duration increases to 1d4+2 rounds. The target receives a saving throw every round to end the effect.
    Love of Pain (Su): At 8th level, getting hurt gives you a bit of pleasure. If you choose to take a -1 penalty to your armor class per four cleric levels you possess, you gain damage reduction “-” equal to your armor class penalty to a maximum of damage reduction 5/-.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Bane; 2nd- Delay Pain (UM p216); 3rd- Pain Strike (APG p234); 4th- Enervation; 5th- Symbol of Pain M; 6th- Harm; 7th- Waves of Exhaustion; 8th- Horrid Wilting; 9th- Energy Drain

Sun Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P47)
    Deities: Horus-Re, Lathander
    Special: A druid that venerates one of the above deities can also select the desert domain (UM p34) as an available choice.

Time Domain
    Deities: Grumbar, Labelas Enoreth
    Granted Power: You feel the ebbs and flows of time all around you and your divine powers allow you to take hold and manipulate it to your benefit. You gain a +2 to all initiative checks.
    Sudden Extend (Ex): Once per day, you can apply the effect of the extend spell metamagic feat to one spell you are casting without increasing the casting time or spell level. This effect does not stack with the extend spell feat's effects. You may use this ability one additional time per day at 7th level, 13th level, and 19th level (maximum 4/day).
    Sudden Quicken (Ex): Once per day at 14th level, you can apply the effect of quicken spell metamagic feat to one spell you are casting without increasing the casting time or spell level. This effect does not stack with the quicken spell metamagic feat's effects. You can use this ability one additional time per day at 17th level and 20th level (maximum 3/day).
    Domain Spells: 1st- Youthful Appearance (UM p249); 2nd- Sands of Time (UM p236); 3rd- Haste; 4th- Slow; 5th- Permanency M; 6th- Contingency; 7th- Age Resistance, Greater (UM p205); 8th- Temporal Stasis; 9th- Time Stop

Trade Domain
    Deities: Abbathor, Nephthys, Shaundakul, Vergadain, Waukeen
    Granted Power: From an early age, you’ve been an expert of commodities, trade, and understanding the value of things and the people you can sell them to. You gain one additional language from your list of bonus languages.
    Identify (Sp): As the spell for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. These rounds need not be used consecutively.
    Insider's Knowledge: At 7th level, you gain a bonus equal to half your cleric level to all appraise, any one knowledge (local), any one profession, and sense motive checks.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Message; 2nd- Eagle's Splendor; 3rd- Tongues; 4th- Sending; 5th- Fabricate; 6th- True Seeing M; 7th- Mage's Magnificent Mansion F; 8th- Mind Blank; 9th- Discern Location

Travel Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P47 & P48)
    Deities: Akadi, Baervan Wildanderer, Brandobaris, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Hoar, Istishia, Kelemvor, Lliira, Marthammor Duin, Mielikki, Oghma, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Sharess, Shaundakul, Tymora, Vhaeraun

Trickery Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P48)
    Deities: Abbathor, Akadi, Baravar Cloakshadow, Beshaba, Brandobaris, Cyric, Erevan Ilesere, Garagauth, Garl Glittergold, Lolth, Mask, Oghma, Sharess, Shargaas, Vergadain, Vhaeraun

Tyranny Domain
    Deities: Bane, Tiamat
    Granted Power: You understand that the powerful are those who have control and influence. You don’t care if this influence is political, financial, magical, or through intimidation or negotiation. What matters is that others are at your beck and call. Intimidate is a class skill for you.
    Greater Mental Hold: The save DC of any compulsion spell you cast is increased by +2 and you gain a +1/2 cleric level bonus (minimum +1) to all intimidate checks.
    Superior Command (Ex): At 10th level, the durations of any compulsion spell you cast is automatically doubled as though affected by the extend spell feat. This does not stack with the extend spell feat.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Command; 2nd- Enthrall; 3rd- Discern Lies; 4th- Fear; 5th- Command, Greater; 6th- Geas/Quest; 7th- Grasping Hand; 8th- Charm Monster, Mass; 9th- Dominate Monster

Undeath Domain
    Deities: Kiaransalee, Velsharoon
    Granted Power: You have dominion over the power of undeath. Gain the command undead feat as a bonus feat.
    Undead Flourish (Su): When healing undead with negative energy, your channel energy gains a bonus equal to the number of dice in your channel energy ability.
    Touch of Undeath (Su): At 8th level, you gain the ability to touch your opponent and channel pure negative energy to injure your opponent. As a swift action, you can activate this ability and you deal 1d6 points of damage from negative energy and possibly dealing 1 point of strength damage similarly to the spell chill touch. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to your cleric level. At 12th level, the damage increases to 1d8 points of damage and at 16th level, a failed fortitude save deals 2 points of strength damage. At 20th level, you can use this ability at will. The fortitude save is based off your channel energy saving throw DC.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Detect Undead; 2nd- Descecrate M; 3rd- Animate Dead M; 4th- Undead Anatomy II (UM P244); 5th- Inflict Light Wounds, Mass; 6th- Create Undead; 7th- Control Undead; 8th- Create Greater Undead; 9th- Energy Drain

War Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P48)
    Deities: Anhur, Arvoreen, Clangeddin, Corellon Larethian, Deep Duerra, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garagos, Gorm Gulthyrn, Gruumsh, Haela Brightaxe, Ilneval, Red Knight, Selvetarm, Sheverash, Solonor Thelandira, Tempus, Tyr, Uthgar

Water Domain (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P48)
    Deities: Deep Sashelas, Eldath, Isis, Istishia, Sebek, Silvanus, Umberlee
    Special: A druid that venerates one of the above deities also has access to the swamp domain (UM p35 & 36).

Weather Domain (Formerly Storm) (Pathfinder Core Rulebook P48)
    Deities: Aerdrie Fenya, Anhur, Auril, Isis, Istishia, Talos, Umberlee

Watery Death Domain
    Deities: Blibdoolpoolp, Umberlee
    Granted Power: You get a visceral joy in watching others drown a hopeless, watery death. Swim is a class skill for you.
    Smite Landlubber (Su): You gain the ability to smite any nonaquatic being with a single attack once per day. You gain a bonus to this attack equal to your charisma modifier and a bonus to damage (if the attack hits) equal to your cleric level. You gain an additional use of this ability at levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.
    One with the Water (Ex): At 2nd level, you gain +1/2 cleric level bonus to your swim checks. At 12th level, you gain a 15ft swim speed. This swim speed increases to 30ft at 20th level.
    Domain Spells: 1st- Bungle (UM p209); 2nd- Unshakable Chill (UM p246); 3rd- Control Water; 4th- Aqueous Orb (APG p202); 5th- Suffocation (APG p248); 6th- Plague Storm (UM p231); 7th- Vortex (APG p254); 8th- Horrid Wilting; 9th- Suffocation, Mass (APG p248)

Oracle Mysteries

Spoiler
    Show
    Ancestor: Berronar Truesilver, Cyrrollalee, Eldath, Hathor, Hoar, Horus-Re, Isis, Kiaransalee, Lliira, Luthic, Loviatar, Osiris, Shevarash, Tyr, Yondalla, Uthgar
    Battle: Anhur, Arvoreen, Bahgtru, Bane, Clangeddin, Corellon Larethian, Deep Duerra, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garagos, Gond, Gorm Gulthyrn, Gruumsh, Haela Brightaxe, Helm, Ilmater, Ilneval, Lathander, Loviatar, Malar, Red Knight, Selvetarm, Sheverash, Siamorphe, Solonor Thelandira, Tempus, Torm, Tyr, Ubtao, Uthgar
    Bones: Blibdoolpoolp, Kiaransalee, Velsharoon, Yurtrus, Umberlee
    Dark Tapestry: Deep Duerra, Eilistraee, Ghaunadaur, Kiaransalee, Lolth, Mask, Selvetarm, Set, Shar, Shargaas, Vhaeraun
    Flame: Gond, Horus-Re, Kossuth, Lathander, Talos, Set
    Heavens: Eilistraee, Hathor, Malar, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Sharindlar, Shaundakul
    Life: Berronar Truesilver, Ilmater, Lurue, Luthic, Sharindlar, Torm
    Lore: Angharradh, Azuth, Deep Sashelas, Deneir, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Gond, Gwaeron Windstrom, Jergal, Labelas Enoreth, Milil, Mystra, Oghma, Savras, Sehanine Moonbow, Shar, Siamorphe, Thoth, Tyr, Velsharoon, Waukeen
    Metal: Abbathor, Callarduran Smoothands, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Flandal Steelskin, Garl Glitergold, Geb, Gond, Grumbar, Laduguer, Moradin, Nephthys, Shaundakul, Thoth, Vergadain, Waukeen
    Nature: Aerdrie Faenya, Angharradh, Baervan Wildwanderer, Chauntea, Corellon Larethian, Deep Sashelas, Eilistraee, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Hanali Celanil, Labelas Enoreth, Lurue, Malar, Mielikki, Nobanion, Rillifane Rallathil, Sehanine Moonbow, Shevarash, Sebek, Shiallia, Silvanus, Solonor Thelandira, Thard Harr, Ulutiu, Uthgar
    Stone: Abbathor, Berronar Truesilver, Callarduran Smoothhands, Chauntea, Clangeddin, Deep Durra, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Geb, Gond, Gorm Grumbar, Gulthyn, Haela Brightaxe, Laduguer, Luthic, Marthammor Duin, Moradin, Segojan Earthcaller, Sharindlar, Thard Harr, Urdlen, Urogalan, Vergadain
    Time: Beshaba, Gond, Grumbar, Hathor, Helm, Hoar, Ilneval, Jergal, Kelemvor, Labelas Enoreth, Red Knight, Savras, Siamorphe, Ubtao
    Waves: Deep Sashelas, Eldath, Isis, Istishia, Sebek, Silvanus, Ulutiu, Umberlee, Valkur
    Wind: Aerdrie Faenya, Akadi, Auril, Baervan Wildanderer, Brandobaris, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Hoar, Istishia, Kelemvor, Lliira, Marthammor Duin, Mielikki, Oghma, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Sharess, Set, Shaundakul, Sheela Peryoroyl, Tymora, Valkur, Vhaeraun
    Wood: Angharradh, Baervan Wildwanderer, Chauntea, Eldath, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Mielikki, Osiris, Rillifane Rallathil, Sheela Peryroyl, Shiallia, Silvanus, Solonor Thelandira, Thard Harr, Ubtao
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-03-21 at 02:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Feats of Faerun

The Feats of Faerun

Arcane Preparation Spontaneous Arcanist can prepare spells from spellbook!
    Attune Gem You can Imbue Gems with Triggerable Magic
    Daylight Adaptation You can shun natural light better (unnatural too)
    Reactive Counterspell Counterspell as an immediate action
    Shadow Weave Magic You shunned the Weave for Shar's Weave

Spell Tenacity Your Spells are Particularly Resistant to Dispel

Spell Thematics You Can Cast Spells that are Hard to Identify
    Spellfire Talent You have the Innate Talent of Controlling Raw Magic
    Stoneblood You are much harder to kill [Regional]
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-08-24 at 02:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Weapons, Armor, Tools and Equipment (7)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Default Spells, Magic, and Psionic Powers

Spells, Magic, and Psionic Powers

Alchemist

Spoiler
    Show

Magus

Sorcerer/Wizard

Summoner

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-08-24 at 02:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Default Prestige Classes

Prestige Classes

Arcane Devotee Religious-Focused Arcanist (Player's Guide to Faerun)
    Divine Champion Champion of the Faithful (Player's Guide to Faerun)
    Divine Disciple A Deity's Fanatic Follower (Player's Guide to Faerun)
    Divine Seeker The Nameless and Hidden Enforcer of the Church (PGtF)
    Shadow Adept Master of the Shadow Weave (Player's Guide to Faerun)
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-04-29 at 09:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Default Magic Items, Cursed Items, and Artifacts

Magic Items, Cursed Items, and Artifacts
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-09-03 at 02:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Default Alternate and New Game Rules

Alternate and New Game Rules

Mass Combat
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-09-03 at 03:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Default Monsters, NPCs, Important Figures, and Challenges

Monsters, NPCs, Important Figures, and Challenges

Aballin CR 4: Any Temperate Terrain and Underground
    Abishai CR 5; Dragon Eyrie, Nine Hells
    Abishai, Chromatic CR 9; Dragon Eyrie, Nine Hells
    Dwarf, Urdunnir Craftsman CR 1/2: Any Underground
    Gibberling CR 1/4; Temperate Forests and Underground
    Goblin, Dekanter CR 1; Cold and Temperate Mountains and Underground
    Golem, Magi CR 25; Any Environment
    Thunder Orb CR 3; Any Environment
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-05-01 at 01:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Default First round of Archeotypes

Eye of Horus-Re (Cleric Archetype)
    Source: Player's Guide to Faerun
    Eyes of Horus-Re began to appear once the chief of the Mulhorand pantheon began to take a greater interest in the mortal realm. He began to inspire paladins and fostered numerous clerics for his cause of combating the agents of Set. The Eyes of Horus-Re are wholly independent of politics in order to focus their goals and only obey their god and only respond to their own hierarchy. They can typically be found there are minions of Set and undead as they commit themselves to the crusade against the evils in Faerun.
    Domain: The Eye of Horus-Re can only select one domain and that domain must be the Sun Domain.
    Turn Undead: The Eye of Horus-Re gains turn undead as a bonus feat at 1st level.
    Radiance (Su): Whenenver an Eye of Horus-Re casts a spell with the light descriptor, the area's radius increases by 5ft per two cleric levels he possesses.
    Everlight (Su): At 3rd Level, the Eye of Horus-Re gains lowlight vision and darkvision out to 60ft.
    Touch of the Sun (Su): At 6th level, all of the attacks of the Eye of Horus-Re are treated as good-aligned for the purposes of penetrating damage reduction.
    Improved Channel: You gain improved channel as a bonus feat at 8th level.
    Piercing Sight (Su): At 11th level, you are no longer impeded by darkness and conditions of low light (such as shadowy illumination) and no longer take penalties or miss-chances from such conditions nor is your speed reduced when moving through an area of darkness. You gain blind-fight as a bonus feat.
    True Seeing (Sp): At 12th level, you gain the ability to cast the true seeing spell as a spell-like ability once per day. You gain an additional use of this ability at 15th level and at 18th level. At 20th level, this effect becomes continuous.

Incantrix (Wizard Archeotype)
    Incantrixes are a highly specialized wizards in that they specialize in the art of metamagic or manipulation of the spells they cast and the incursion into the material plane by forces from beyond mortal understanding. This unusual twin specialization allows the incantrix to become exceptionally effective in dealing with the varied threats they have to deal with on a daily basis from extraplanar beings and the mad wizards who allow them to wreak havoc upon the materal plane.
    Skills: You gain Intimidate (Cha) and Use Magic Device (Cha) as class skills.
    Focused Study: An incantrix focuses very tightly on a particular course of study. You must specialize in the abjuration school and focus on Banishment (APG p144). You must select three oppositoin schools instead of the usual two.
    Diminished Spellcasting: You receive one fewer spell per day per level.
    Bonus Metamagic Feat: At 1st level, you can select any two metamagic feats. You gain another bonus metamagic feat at 5th level and every five levels thereafter. This ability replaces scribe scroll, arcane bond, and your bonus wizard feats at 5th level and every five levels thereafter.
    Spell Mastery: You have mastered a particular set of spells so well that you no longer need to specifically prepare them or keep them in a spellbook. You have mastered them as per the feat spell mastery and you can spontaneously convert any prepared abjuration spell in your specialist spell slot into one of the spell mastered abjurations. The following is the list of spell mastered spells (and the level in which they are gained): Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (select one) (1st, 2nd); Magic Circle Against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law (Select One) (5th, 6th); Dimensional Anchor (7th); Dismissal (9th); Banishment (13th); Dimensional Lock (15th).
    Intense Abjurations: You gain a +2 to the saving throw DCs of all of your abjuration spells.
    Co-Operative Metamagic (Su): At level 3, you can apply any metamagic feat you know to a spell cast by another willing spellcaster. You must sacrifice a spell slot of the level the modified spell would occupy if it were prepared with the metamagic feat -1. So, for example, if an incantrix were to use this ability to add extend spell to an ally's mage armor spelll, she would have to sacrifice a 1st level spell slot. If she were going to maximize her ally's magic missile spell then she would have to sacrifice a 3rd level spell slot. This ability requires that the casters take their actions simultaneously. This ability can not be used with the silent spell, still spell, and quicken metamagic feats. The sacrificed spell can not be of a level lower than the spell being modified and you can not sacrifice cantrip spell slots for this purpose. Using this abilty is a standard action unless the casting time of the spell being modified is longer, in which case this ability requires that much time.
    Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su): At 4th level, you can apply any metamagic feat you know to a spell trigger item. Using this ability requires a number of additional charges equal to the effective spell level increase of the metamagic feat being added. For example, using this ability to empower a wand requires three charges (1 + 2 additional charges from empower spell feat). Using this ability is subsumed in the action of casting a spell from the targetted spell trigger item. This ability cannot be used on a spell trigger item that does not also have charges, such as a strand of prayer beads.
    Seize Control (Su): At 8th level, you gain the ability to wrest control of a summoned creature away from its master. Every round, you must make an opposed concentration check with the caster that controls the summoned creature you wish to wrest control over. Success indicates that you have won control of the summoned creature and the creature treats you as though you have summoned it for one round or the remaining duration of the summoning spell used to conjure the creature. Depending on the duration of the summon spell, you may have to make additional concentration checks in order to maintain control of the summoned creature. If the creature was summoned for one round per level, you need to succeed on two consecutive opposed concentration checks. If the duration of the summoning spell is longer than one round per level of the caster, then you need to succeed on three opposed concentration rolls. This ability doesn't affect creatures that were summoned but are not controlled.
    You can use this ability a number of times equal to 3 + your intelligence modifier. You can attempt to control multiple summoned creatures at once, but each additional creature beyond the first imposes a -1 to your concentration checks. Creatures you have full control over and no longer need to make concentration checks to control do not penalize your concentration.
    Instant Metamagic (Su): At 10th level, once per day, you can apply a single metamagic feat to a spell you've prepared without having prepared it as such beforehand. This does not increase the spell level or casting time. You can gain an additional use of this ability every two wizard levels thereafter. Any time you use this ability to apply a metamagic feat that increases the spell level by more than one, you must use additional daily uses for each level above one. You cannot use this ability to modify a spell if the increased spell level would bring the modified spell level higher than your highest level spell that you're capable of casting.
    Superior Dismissal: When banishing an extraplanar creature, they receive a -2 to their will saves and spell resistance against your banishment effects, such as from the spell dismissal or banishment.
    Improved Seize Control: At 12th level, you gain a +2 bonus to your concentration checks to take control of one or more summoned creatures. Attempting to control multiple creatures no longer penalizes your concentration rolls. This bonus improves to +4 at 17th level.
    Supreme Banishment: At 16th level, whenever you banish a creature using a spell that has a stated hit dice limit, such as with the banishment spell, you can banish an additional 2 hit dice per wizard level you possess.

Justiciar of Tyr (Paladin Archetype)
    Justicars of Tyr are specialized paladins that are destined to be exemplars of law and order who espouse the principles of the maimed god at all times. Justicars are the very elite of Tyr's mortal servants and act as living embodiments of Tyr's portfolio. They battle injustice and lawlessness with the same fervor that Paladins battle evil in order to bring a sort of perfect utopian order to Faerun.
    In cities, they often serve as judges or magistrates. Travelling Justiciars strive to bring order to the chaos of the untamed and corrupt. High level Justiciars sometimes travel directly to the chaotic planes to battle the forces of chaos directly.

Detect Chaos (Su): At will, a paladin can use detect chaos, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is chaotic, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for three rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect chaos in any other object or individual within range.
    This power replaces the paladin's detect evil ability.
    Smite Anarchy (Su): As the paladin's smite evil power except that it affects chaotic opponents instead of evil opponents. This ability replaces smite evil. Later abilities that improve or expand upon smite evil instead do so with smite anarchy (such as some feats, the aura of justice ability, and additions to the number of uses of smite evil per day at later levels).
    Bureocratic Knowledge: The Justiciar of Tyr gains a bonus equal to half his paladin level (minimum +1) to any diplomacy check to gather information or knowledge skill to glean information about local laws, legal proceedings, and news regarding the state of the local criminal justice system. He also gains this bonus to all charisma skills in order to argue legal matters. Finally, the Justiciar also gains this bonus to all sense motive checks to detect a lie. This ability is gained at 4th level and replaces the paladin's channel positive energy ability.
    Axiomatic Spellcasting: At 4th level, when casting spells with the law descriptor, its caster level is equal to the paladin's level -1 instead of the usual paladin's level -3. .
    Blade of Justice (Su): At 14th level, a paladin's weapons are treated as law-aligned for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. Any attack made against an enemy within 10 feet of him is treated as law-aligned for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
    Order's Calm (Su): At 15th level, The Justiciar can employ a calm emotions effect, similar to the spell, with a lay on hands just as though it were a mercy. This benefit replaces the mercy gained at 15th level.
    Aura of Absolute Law (Su): At 20th level, a Justiciar of Tyr becomes a conduit for Tyr's particular brand of Justice. He gains damage reduction 10/Chaotic. Whenever he uses his smite anarchy ability and successfully strikes a chaotic outisder, the outisder is also subject to a banishment using the Justiciar's paladin level as the caster level (her weapon and holy symbol automatically count as objects that the subject hates). After the banishment effect and the damage from the attack is resolved, the smite immediately ends. In addition, whenever he uses his lay on hands ability, he heals the maximum amount. This ability replces the paladin's holy champion ability.

Morninglord of Lathander (Cleric Archetype)
    The Morninglord of Lathander is the elite of the elite within the church of Lathander. They are charged with bringing light to the dark places of the world, opposing evil, undead, and protecting the innocent.
    Domain Focus: The Morninglord can only select one domain and that domain must be the Sun domain.
    Diminished Spellcasting: The Morninglord of Lathander has one fewer spell per day per spell level at each level, to a minimum of one plus his domain spell slot plus any bonus spells from a high ability score.
    Bane of the Restless (Sp): At first level, you gain the ability to cast light, disrupt undead, and detect undead as spell-like abilities. You also gain a bonus equal to half your cleric level to the damage dealt to undead by disrupt undead. You can use these spell-like abilities a collective number of times per day equal to 3 plus your wisdom modifier.
    Lathander's Light (Su): Whenenver a Morninglord casts a spell with the light descriptor, the area's radius increases by 5ft per two cleric levels the Morninglord possesses.
    Creative Fire: Morninglords are particualrly expressive and creative people. At 2nd level, Morninglords add a +1 bonus to any craft or perform check per two cleric levels the morninglord possesses.
    Lathander's Radiance (Su): At 4th level, As a standard action, the Morninglord can shed light similarly to a daylight spell out to 10ft per cleric level the Morninglord possesses. This ability lasts for 10 minutes per cleric level the Morninglord possesses. The duration need not be used consecutively, but they must be used in 10 minute increments. This ability is considered to be a light spell of half your cleric level -1 for all level-based purposes.
    Searing Light (Sp): At 6th level, the Morninglord can sacrifice two uses of his channel energy ability to cast searing light, as the spell, as a spell-like ability.
    Bonus Feat: At 8th, 14th, and 18th level, you gain a bonus feat selected from the following list; Channel Smite, Extra Channel, Improved Channel, Iron Will, Quick Channel (UM p154), and Turn Undead.
    Blessing of Dawn (Su): At 10th level, at any time when the Morninglord's "Lathander's Radiance" power is active, can activate his channel energy ability to heal himself and his allies as a move action if he sacrifices three uses of his channel energy ability. All creatures affected by this ability additionally gain the benefit of a bless spell for 1 round per cleric level. This ability can only be used to heal and not harm.
    Rejuvenation of the Morn (Su): At 12th level at the dawn of each day, the Morninglord can awaken truly rejuvenated. He heals double the normal hit points and ability damage as normal, receives a new saving throw against disease (in addition to the Morninglord normally gets), and recovers one point of ability drain on one ability score. If the Morninglord's rest is interrupted for any reason during his or her eight hours of rest, this power cannot be used until the next eight hour rest that ends at dawn.
    Aura of Radiance (Su): At 16th level, the lathander's radiance power becomes permanent, though it can be suppressed or resumed as a standard action. In addition, your channel energy power is extended out to half of the radius of this effect (or 5ft per cleric level) instead of 30ft. Finally, at the expenditure of five uses of your channel energy, you can hallow as the spell an area out to a radius of 5ft per cleric level you possess. The duration of this ability is 1 minute and the effect is centered on you.
    Brilliance of the Sun (Su): At 20th level, you can expend 10 uses of your channel energy ability to create a Sunburst-like effect, as the spell but with twice the radius and the damage is maximized.

Purple Dragon Knight (Cavalier Order)
    Cavalier members of the order of the Purple Dragons of Cormyr are regarded across Faerun as exemplars of disciplined, skilled, and loyal soldiers.
    They typically learn skills regarding the ability to lead and coordinate soldiers. When not in the direct employ of Cormyr, the Purple Dragon Knights often extend these edicts to close friends and allies but never away from Cormyr.

Edicts: The Cavalier cannot be of a chaotic or evil alignment. They must conduct themselves with honor, professionalism, and remain loyal to the crown, friends, allies, and countrymen at all times even when not working directly for the crown or the country. A cavalier that becomes evil or chaotic looses all of the benefits of this order but can regain them once the knight's alignment returns and he performs a mission for the Purple Knights organization in penance.
    Challenge: Whenever the Purple Dragon Cavalier issues a challenge, he gains a +1 morale bonus on all attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks against the intended target. This bonus increases by +1 every five levels the cavalier possesses to a maximum of +5 at level 20.
    Skills: The Order of the Purple Dragon Knights Cavalier gains Perform (Oratory) and Perception (Wis) to his class skill list. The Cavalier gains a bonus equal to 1/2 his cavalier level (minimum +1) on his sense motive checks in order to detect lies.
    Order Abilities:
    Rallying Cry (Su): At level 2, the knight can utter a powerful shout (such as "For Cormyr!") as a swift action allowing all allies within 25ft + 5 feet per two cavalier levels to make a charge with a +1 morale bonus on their next attack roll and increase their speed by 5 feet. In addition, affected allies gain a +4 morale bonus to all will saves against fear. These effects last for a number of rounds equal to the cavalier's charisma modifier. The bonus to attack and speed are expended once the ally charges but the bonus against fear lasts for the full duration. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + his charisma modifier.
    Inspire Courage (Su): At 8th level, the cavalier gains the inspire courage ability of a bard (see page 37 of the pathfinder core rulebook). The cavalier must activate this ability by giving a rousing speech (usually through the perform (oratory) skill) and thus must maintain this ability through speech and cannot use other abilities (such as casting magic spells or using items that require a verbal component). Affected allies gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves agaisnt fear and charm effects. This ability is usable for a number of rounds per day equal to his charisma modifier plus his cavalier level. If the cavalier also has bard levels, they stack for purposes of determinging the duration and overall bonus for this ability but the cavalier itself does not improve upon this ability. For example, a 10th level cavalier with an 18 charisma can use this ability for 14 rounds per day with a +1 morale bonus but a 10th level cavalier/7th level bard can use this ability 38 rounds per day with a morale bonus of +4.
    Final Stand (Su): At 15th level for a number of rounds equal to the cavalier's charisma modifier plus his cavalier level, he can inspire his troops to heroic effort, granting a +2 dodge bonus to armor class and 1d10 + his cavalier level temporary hit points to all allies within 25 + 5 feet per two levels.

War Wizard of Cormyr (Wizard Archeotype)
    Source: Magic of Faerun
    The Cormyran wizards are some of the most respected mages in all of faerun. They are powerful, highly trained, and that makes them very effective in their servitude to Cormyr and the crown.
    Martial Weapon Proficiency: The Cormyran war wizard does not gain scribe scroll. Instead, he gains proficiency in a single martial weapon.
    Arcane Bond: The war wizard must select a martial weapon as his arcane bond.
    Enhanced Spells: At 5th level, the war wizard gains the ability to spontaneously enlarge and widen any spell he casts. This does not affect the casting time nor increase the spell level of the modified spell. This ability is usable twice per day and one additional time per day at 10th level, 15th level, and 20th level. This benefit replaces the wizard's 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level bonus feats. This ability does not stack with the benefits of enlarge spell and/or widen spell metamagic feats.
    Spell Mastery: All spells automatically gained by the war wizard at level one and the spells known gained at every level thereafter are automatically mastered as per the feat spell mastery. Spells gained through scribing or methods other than the feat spell mastery are not mastered as per this ability. This ability counts as having the feat for purposes of qualifying for feats and other abilities.
    War Knowledge: At 2nd level, the War Wizard of Cormyr gains a +1 bonus to all knowledge (engineering), knowledge (geography), knowledge (local-Cormyr), and knowledge (nobility). This represents the wizard's intense studying of battlefield tactics, history, as well as his homeland and its neighbors. This bonus increases to +2 at 6th level and increases by 1 point every four levels thereafter to a maximum of +5 at 18th level. The war wizard can use these skills untrained.
    At 4th level, the war wizard gains a bonus language. This can be any langauge of the wizard's choosing, though it is usually a bonus langauge of the cormyr region or the tongue of a neighbor or enemy.

Wielder of Spellfire (Sorcerer Bloodline)
    Source: Magic of Faerun
    You were born with the innate ability to channel and control the raw energy of the weave. Many consider it a gift, though it often causes the wielder to become a target of those who wish to possess that talent for themselves in some fashion or another.
    Class Skill: Heal (Wis)
    Bonus Spells: Produce Flame (3rd), Scorching Ray (5th), Dispel Magic (7th), Fire Shield (9th), Overland Flight (11th), Spell Resistance (13th), Regenerate (15th), Fire Storm (17th), Mage's Disjunction (19th)
    Bonus Feats: Arcane Blast (APG), Arcane Shield (APG), Arcane Strike, Endurance, Diehard, Fast Healer (APG), Heighten Spell, Improved Counterspell, Magical Aptitude, Weapon Focus (Spellfire)
    Bloodline Arcana: Spellfire (Su): You can withhold a pool of energy that you can manipulate for several purposes. When you ready an action and successfully counterspell a spell, you can absorb the energy instead of harmlessly deflecting it, gaining a number of spell points equal to the level of the spell you counterspelled. You can store this energy for up to one minute per sorcerer level, after which it needs to be replenished either from your own spell energy or from those you have absorbed.
    You hold a number of spell points equal to your constitution modifier plus your sorcerer level. You can sacrifice your own spell energy into this pool as a one round action per spell sacrificed in this manner, gaining a number of spell points equal to the spell level of the spell sacrificed +1 per each spell. Willing targets can also allow you to syphon the spell energy from them, but they can choose which spells to sacrifice to you for this purpose and you gain a number of spell points equal to the level of the spell sacrificed. Spells sacrificed in this manner disappear as though they were cast. You cannot gain spell points from cantrips or other 0-level spells.
    You can use this energy to cast spells from your bonus bloodline spell list or use any of your bloodline powers. Powering your bonus spells in this manner costs a number of spell points equal to the level of the spell you intend to cast +1. Using your spellfire in this manner allows the fire spells you cast to deal half their damage as pure magical energy. You can also use spellfire to use and enhance your other bloodline powers, as noted in their description.
    Bloodline Powers: Your ability to manipulate spellfire grants you the power of raw magic, granting you a tool with fantastic abilities that others can only dream of.
    Directed Spellfire (Su): The most basic manipulation of spellfire is a simple directed energy attack. Against any foe within a 30ft range, you can unleash a spellfire attack dealing 1d6 points of fire damage +1 per 2 sorcerer levels. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 plus your charisma modifier. At the cost of one spellfire point, the power instead deals pure magical energy damage instead of fire damage or you can replenish one use of the ability.
    Healing Touch (Su): At 3rd level, with a more nuanced control of spellfire, you can heal the wounds of yourself and others with a touch. You can heal 1d6 points of damage +1 per 2 sorcerer levels. This ability is a free action when used on yourself but a standard action when used on others. You can use this ability a number of times equal to 3 + your charisma modifier. Additionally, you can expend two spell points to extend its range to 30ft, replenish one use of this ability, or use it as a swift action to heal an ally. If you expend 3 spell points, you can both extend the range to 30ft and use it as a swift action.
    Drain Item (Sp): At 9th level, you can drain the magic out of a charged magic item, such as a wand or scroll. As a standard action, you may drain a single charge and gain a number of spell points equal to the drained spell's level.
    Superior Counterspell: At 15th level, you gain the ability to counterspell as an immediate action once per day. You can gain one additional use of this ability at 17th level and again at 19th level.
    Magical Ascension (Su): At 20th level, you gain the ability to spend 20 spellfire points to infuse your body with the power of raw magic for one round as a swift action. During this time, you shed bright light (as the daylight spell with twice the effective radius), you gain damage reduction 10/cold iron, immunity to fire and the spellfire attacks of others, the benefit of a fire shield effect (half fire damage and half pure magical damage - resists cold damage), flight with perfect maneuverability at half of your base movement, and you deal pure destructive damage out to a radius of 20ft equivelent to 4d6 damage (fortitude half) for every round up to the duration of the power’s effect You can extend the duration of this ability with the initial expendature or at the beginning of your next turn, spending one additional spell point to extend the effect by one round up to a maximum of half your sorcerer level.

Note: The spellfire wielder bloodline sorcerer is considered to be a spellfire wielding class for purposes of feats and other powers. Powers and abilities from this archeotype that depend upon class level stack with class levels from other spellfire wielding classes for determining class level-based determinations, such as the spell point pool total.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-08-22 at 07:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Default Magi Golem (CR 25; 1,640,000XP)

Magi Golem Source: Unique Creation by Neoxenok
    This unimposing creature appears roughly humanoid in shape with glowing eyes. Its form doesn't appear quite stable, as though made out of an energetic fog, but it never dissapates. It moves slowly and methodically without making a single sound.
    CR 25; XP 1,640,000; N Medium Construct (Incorporeal); Any Terrain; Any Climate
    Init +7; Senses Darkvision 60ft, Lowlight Vision, Perception +0
    Aura Aura of Defense
    AC 22; Touch 22; Flat-Footed 15 (10 +7 Dexterity +5 Deflection) CMD 42
    HP 157 HP (25d10+20) Fast Healing 16
    Fort +13 Reflex +20 Will +13; +5 Resistance to all Saves (Aura of Defense)
    Immune Construct Traits, Incorporeal Traits, Magic, Magical Attacks
    Weaknesses Mundane (non-magical) attacks (half damage)
    Defensive Abilities Aura of Defense (Teleports when attacked and attacker provokes attack of opportunity)
    Speed 25ft Fly (Perfect Maneuverability)
    Draining Touch Touch +32 (5d10+Mind Drain/20x2)
    Disjoining Ray Ranged Touch +32 (15d10+Mage's Disjunction/20x2) 2500ft Range
    Space 5ft Reach 5ft CMB +32
    Special Attacks Mage's Disjunction (Affects only the target of the ranged touch attack), Mind Drain (1d4+1 Int, Wis, Cha drain + Loose 2d4 highest level spell slots + Loose 25d6 power points (Avg 87))
    Str -, Dex 25, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1; Base Attack 25
    Languages Understands all but cannot speak
    Special Qualities Construct Traits, Incorporeal Traits
    Environment Any Environment
    Organization Solitary
    Treasure None
    Aura of Defense (Su) The magi golem has a constant +5 resistance bonus to all of its saving throws and a constant +5 deflection bonus to its armor class. The effect has a radius of 30ft and whenever a creature from within that radius attacks the magi golem, it provokes an attack of opportunity from the golem, causing it to immediately teleport and avoid the attack to the nearest point to its attacker. It can then make its attack of opportunity upon the attacker. It can use this ability as often as it can make attacks of opportunity.
    Immunity to Magic (Ex) The magi golem is immune to all spells, spell-like effects, and supernatural effects that allow spell resistance. Certain spells and effects function differently against it, as noted below.
    • A magical attack that ignores spell resistance and deals damage deals half damage to a magi golem despite its incorporeal nature.
    • A magi golem cannot physically enter an anti-magic field. If caught within an anti-magic field, it winks out of existence for as long as the field is active. If the anti-magic field's duration expires or moves away from the spot in which the golem disappeared, it returns in 1d4 rounds with the same hit point total it had before the anti-magic field interacted with it.
    • Dispel magic, greater dispel magic, and mage's disjuction can damage or even destroy a magi golem. The golem can make a will save (if targetted) or a reflex saving throw (if it affects an area). A successful save negates the damage from dispel magic but only reduces the damaging effects from greater dispel magic and mage's disjunction. Dispel magic deals 1d6 points of damage against the magi golem per caster level (maximum 10d6). Greater dispel magic deals 1d6 points of damage against the magi golem per caster level (maximum 20d6) but a successful saving throw reduces the damage to 1 point of damage per caster level. Mage's disjunction deals 2d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 60d6) but a successful saving throw reduces the damage to 5d6+1 per caster level (maximum 5d6+25.)

Immunity to Magical Attacks (Su): The magi golem is immune to magical attacks, such as enchanted weapons or other effects that are magical in nature but not necessarily from a spell, spell-like, or supernatural effect. This includes both attacks that are temporarily enhanced through spells (such as greater magic weapon or magic fang) and permanent magic items, such as a +1 sword.
    The magi golem, however, is vulnerable to mundane attacks, such as from non-magical natural attacks or weapons that have not been enhanced by magic. However, such attacks deal half damage to the magi-golem.

The magi golem is an ancient and immensely feared golem created by ancient and power practitioners of magic. Their body is partially translucent and typically only vaguely looks like any particular thing though it is usually humanoid in shape.
    It is rightly feared in combat, particularly by spellcasters but also even by powerful warriors as well. Its only two weapons are its devistating touch and its ranged attack. Even if it appears to have a weapon or appears to wear equipment, this is just a figment.
    Its touch drains those it engages in melee combat of their mind and magical ability. Those that attempt to engage it through magical or ranged attacks can find themselves the target of its disjoining attack, which immediately removes any spell protections on a single opponent and severely damages them if the attack connects. For most opponents, it is immune to most attacks and although devistating on its own, it is abjectly lethal if it is working within a group.
    This is exceptionally rare, however, as the process of creating a magi golem have been lost with time. Unlike most golems, Magi golems do not rot, rust, or any such equivelent, allowing those that have survived over the centuries to persist for eons, although their programming can become corrupted and they acheive an equivelent of insanity.

Magi Golems in Faerun

Although few exist in Faerun today, the ones that have been found and the few that have been captured have allowed those researching their origination have found that the first may have been created by the most powerful magical practitioners among the fey creatures as far back as -27000 DR in order to protect themselves and their green elf wards from dragons and other magical threats. The secret was passed on to the elves in their continuing war with the Dark Elves. The secret to the golem's creation was lost upon the fall of Netheril, however, when the spells required to create them were banned by the new Mystra. Most distressing was that the enormous disruption of the weave had caused them to become unbound and attack their masters.
    Ever since, they have been wandering the realm of Faerun, often acclimating in their former places of employ as their programming gradually either corrupts further or naturally restores over time. Methods may exist to regain control over the existing golems and the discovery and use of epic level spells that bypass the ban of 10th level and higher spells may allow for their creation again, but this process is yet unknown.
    However, the process has been recently rediscovered by the most powerful arcanists in Faerun through the use of epic spells after centuries of research and development. As a result, the presence of Magi Golems has experienced a resurgence among the powerful mages in Faerun, especially among the Elves and among the Drow.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-05-08 at 01:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just a minor note, but you might want to let Oracles of Velsharoon have access to the Lore mystery. Given that Velsharoon promotes the study of the links of life and death and how to surpass them, it's rather fitting. Magic of Faerun notes that half of Velsharoon's worshipers are scholars, so there's that as well.

I don't think that Bane is appropriate for the flame mystery. He's not thematically associated with fire in any sourcebook. I think Battle suits him better; he's the divine power of tyranny and fear, after all. I'd also question why Ghaundaur, Gruumsh, Set and Urdlen have it. None of them are associated with fire. Ghaundaur is a god of slimes, Gruumsh is a war deity above all else, Set is a power of the night (and he never had the Fire domain) and Urdlen is basically a murder-machine.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    Just a minor note,
    Thank you.
    After doing all those domains, I sort of took the lazy route with the mysteries. (I was in a hurry to get them done for my new PF campaign). I ended up just taking the deity list from a few of the domains without thinking much more about the appropriateness of the assigned gods. I think all the oddly put deities were put into flame because they had the destruction doimain and Velsharoon wasn't put into the Lore mystery because he didn't have the knowledge domain.
    Now that I've read up on him a bit it seems strange that he doesn't have the knowledge domain. Oh well.
    At some point, I'll re-write the mysteries list entirely and put a lot more thought into it. In the meantime, I've altered it according to your suggestions.

I've been rather busy this week, so I haven't gotten much work done but I've been thinking about two things:

Everything shadow-weave -
    I've been thinking of doing... something to translate the feats and the shadow adept prestige class into pathfinder. I'm not entirely on-board with just translating the feats as-is and I'd like the shadow weave adept PrC and the feats to do something more novel than what they currently do.
    I've also been thinking of adding content. Supposedly, any caster (but not psionicists) can access the shadow weave but outside of a few caster level boosts and other (relatively minor) benefits, you don't really get much out of it other than immunity to (weave-based) dead and wild magic zones.

The shadow weave feats are also far more useful to arcane casters than divine casters (they get the most and best enchantments and illusions) as are the shadow adept prestige class.

I would like to:
    Make a series of shadow-weave feats useful to all casters that are more useful.
    I would like to make a shadow weave prestige domain (accessable to clerics and druids), Shadow Weave Oracle Mystery, Shadow Adept Sorcerer Bloodline, wizard archeotype, and a shadow-weave prestige class for any caster.
    This is still in the pre-planning stage.

I also have plans on making a PF warlock as a sorcerer archeotype.
    Something along the lines of
    -2 spells known/level
    -2 spells/day/level
    +eldritch blast equal to 1d6 + (Current Highest Spell Level)d6
    +cast spells known at will (top 1/3rd of spell levels would remain limited to times/day - at 20th level, the warlock would cast 6th level spells at will).
    +other fun warlock things.

The reason to make this a sorcerer archeotype is for the fun dynamic of the sorcerer being a natural talent and the warlock having signed a pact in order to have ill-gotten his power. This even keeps the bloodlines of the sorcerer, so the pact could be similarly themed (fey pact, pact with the gods (destinied), pact with the angels (celestial bloodline), and so on.

I probably won't finish anything until either the weekend or next week although I'll try to squeeze in a monster or two in the meantime.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Shadow Weave is Shar's way of flipping Mystra the middle finger. It makes more sense for it to remain linked to arcane casters, given Shar's tendency to subvert them to the Shadow Weave.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Warlock (Sorcerer Archeotype)

Warlock (Sorcerer Archeotype)
    Source: The Complete Arcane
    Sorcerers and wizards gain their power based upon a combination of natural talent and study and the ability to tap into the weave even in a small way that training and/or study can expand upon. Warlocks are completely unlike that however. They are not born with the magical talent despite otherwise having the necessary ability scores in which to manipulate it. Intsead, Warlocks develop pacts with otherworldly powers for their power and the magical talent that others are normally born with are instead created through this pact.
    Such powers that they consort with can be good or a terrible evil or somehwere in between, but their power comes at a major personal cost to them though each pact is unique to the Warlock and the powers that created him.

• Eldritch Blast (Sp): At a close range (25ft +5ft per 2 caster levels), the warlock learns his first major power. This ability deals 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 per the highest bloodline spell the warlock has learned. For example, an 8th level warlock's eldritch blast deals 4d6 points of damage (1d6 + 3d6 as the highest level bloodline spell learned is his 3rd level bloodline spell.) This ability is the equivelent of a 1st level spell.
    • Warlock Pact: The Warlock enters in a pact with a supernatural entity of enormous power in order to gain his abilities. Depending upon the type of power the Warlock consorts with will also determine the bloodline the warlock has access to. The exact nature of this pact is unique to each individual warlock and must be determined by the player and the DM but it must represent a significant part of the warlock's daily life and the warlock's daily conduct and must eventually exact a cost upon the Warlock.
      An infernal power, for example, may allow the Warlock to conduct his daily life as he sees fit, but must surrender his soul upon his final death. Perhaps a portion of the Warlock's soul leaves him in each temporary death, doubling the penalties in a raise dead or resurrection (or whatever.)
      A powerful force of good may require the warlock to frequently engage in quests to aid his deity's endevors in the mortal realm or follow a paladin-like edict on his behavior and actions.
    • Diminished Spellcasting: The warlock gains two fewer spells known per spell level (to a minimum of one) and two fewer spells per day per spell level.
    • Least Invocation (Su): At 2nd level, the Warlock can weave his magic spells and bloodline powers into his eldritch blast. This combines the damage and effect of the eldritch blast with the selected spell or power and expends uses of both. The spell or power must be a power that can be done with a ranged touch attack and must use the lesser of the two ranges and must still obey all the costs of casting the spell. The eldritch blast deals 1d6 fewer points of damage for each spell level of the spell being incorperated into the eldritch blast (minimum 1d6) and can not add more spell levels worth of spells than the damage dice of the eldritch blast -1. The spell level of the combined eldritch blast and spell equal the level of the spell +1. The casting time of any spell cast in such a way increases to one round if less or it increases by one round if the casting time is already that long or longer. If the listed power doesn't have a listed spell level, then assume it has a level equal to the highest level spell on your spell list at the time the power was gained. You can only use spells on your spells known list and you expend an appropriate spell slot of a level equal to or higher than that necessary to cast the spell when using this ability. Using cantrips or other at-will abilities doesn't expend anything or increase the casting time.
      For example, a 2nd level warlock can combine his eldritch blast with his Acid Splash spell, increasing the casting time to 1 round and dealing 1d6 +1d3 acid damage to anyone he hits with the ranged touch attack.
      The eldritch blast damage can only be done once. Spells combined into eldritch blast do not have the eldritch blast damage added to other effects of the spell. For example, an eldritch blast/acid arrow spell attack does not deal the additional eldritch blast damage along with the 2d4 acid damage on rounds subsequent to the first round as the eldritch blast damage is instantaneous desite that the acid arrow damage was not.
    • Least Magical Insight (Sp): At 3rd level, you can select two of the following spells: Detect Magic, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Undead, Mage Hand, Prestigitation, Read Magic, or Resistance and gain the effect of the spell continuously. Every four levels thereafter, you can select an additional spell from this list to benefit you continuously. What this means is that the duration of the effect does not end unless you will it to. The effect can be dispelled, but you can reactivate it again on your next turn as a swift action.
    • Font of Magic (1st level): At 4th level, you gain the ability to cast your 1st level bloodline spell at will. If the spell has a duration other than permanent or instantaneous, you may only have one instance of this spell active at any time. If you choose to have more than one instance of your bloodline spell active at any time, you must expend spell slots to cast as per the standard rules.
      This benefit only applies if you cast your bloodline spell. If you use your spell slots to power a feat or other ability, then you must expend spell slots to do so.
    • Deceive Item (Ex): At 5th level, you gain a +2 bonus to all use magic device checks. You can use the skill untrained and you can take 10, even under duress.
    • Font of Magic (2nd level): At 6th level, you gain the ability to cast your 2nd level bloodline spell at will. If the spell has a duration other than permanent or instantaneous, you may only have one instance of this spell active at any time. If you choose to have more than one instance of your bloodline spell active at any time, you must expend spell slots to cast as per the standard rules.
      This benefit only applies if you cast your bloodline spell. If you use your spell slots to power a feat or other ability, then you must expend spell slots to do so.
    • Lesser Invocation (Su): At 7th level, your ability to combine your spells with your eldritch blast extends to any attack spell that requires a touch attack, a ranged touch attack, or saving throw. You can only apply the damage upon a successful attack and/or failed saving throw. You must use the least of the two ranges of the combined spell and eldritch blast. The casting time of a spell combined with an eldritch blast is increased to one full round if normally equal or less than a full round. If the casting time is longer than one full round, then the time is not increased and is subsumed in the normal casting time.
      If the effect deals damage, it deals the normal spell damage plus the eldritch blast damage minus 1d6 of the eldritch blast damage per spell level of the spell the eldritch blast is combining into (to a minimum of 1d6) and can not add more spell levels worth of spells than the damage dice of the eldritch blast -1. The combined spell level of the spell and eldritch blast equal the level of the added spell +1. This additional damage only applies once but can be split into multiple missiles (such as with scorching ray) or split into damage over time (such as with acid arrow or incendiary cloud.)
      If the spell doesn't do damage but has a negative effect on an enemy, then you can apply the damage upon a successful attack in addition to the negative effect.
    • Lesser Magical Insight (Sp): At 7th level, you can now select among the following spells for your continuous persistent magical effect: Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Undead, Enlarge Person, Floating Disc, Mage Hand, Prestigitation, Protection from Good/Chaos/Evil/Law, Read Magic, Reduce Person, Resistance, and See Invisibility. Just as with Least Magical Insight, gain the effect of the spell continuously. Every four levels thereafter, you can select an additional spell from this list to benefit you continuously. What this means is that the duration of the effect does not end unless you will it to. The effect can be dispelled, but you can reactivate it again on your next turn as a swift action.
    • Font of Magic (3rd level): At 8th level, you gain the ability to cast your 3rd level bloodline spell at will. If the spell has a duration other than permanent or instantaneous, you may only have one instance of this spell active at any time. If you choose to have more than one instance of your bloodline spell active at any time, you must expend spell slots to cast as per the standard rules.
    • Imbue Item (Su): At 9th level, you can enhance your eldritch blast from spells from magic items. This ability works precisely like your invocation abilities except that you do not need to know the spell and can cast from a magic item. This only works on charged spell trigger items (such as wands and staves) and scrolls.
      The magic item uses charges or is used up (such as in the case of scrolls) as though used normally.
    • Font of Magic (4th level): At 10th level, you gain the ability to cast your 4th level bloodline spell at will. If the spell has a duration other than permanent or instantaneous, you may only have one instance of this spell active at any time. If you choose to have more than one instance of your bloodline spell active at any time, you must expend spell slots to cast as per the standard rules.
    • Recovery (Su): At 11th level, you can recover hit points from the arcane energy granted to you. You can recover 1d6 points of damage per two Warlock levels you possess. This is self-only and a swift action to use. This ability is usable 3 times/day + your charisma modifier.
    • Greater Magical Insight (Sp): At 11th level, you can now select among the following spells for your continuous persistent magical effect: Blur, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Scrying, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Thoughts, Detect Undead, Enlarge Person, Floating Disc, Mage Hand, Nondetection, Prestigitation, Protection from Good/Chaos/Evil/Law, Read Magic, Reduce Person, Resistance, See Invisibility, Spider Climb, and Water Breathing. Just as with Least Magical Insight, gain the effect of the spell continuously. Every four levels thereafter, you can select an additional spell from this list to benefit you continuously. What this means is that the duration of the effect does not end unless you will it to. The effect can be dispelled, but you can reactivate it again on your next turn as a swift action.
    • Greater Invocation (Su): At 12th level, you gain the ability to add your eldritch blast to any spell or power you possess.
      You can now use the greater of the two ranges between your eldritch blast and the spell it combines with, also effectively allowing you to use touch spells as ranged touch spells with your eldritch blast. The casting time of an invocation is entirely subsumed into the casting of the spell and requires no additional time.
      You can now apply metamagic feats to your eldritch blast as though it were a spell. You must subtract a number of d6s from the eldritch blast equal to the spell level increase of the metamagic feat. The eldritch blast is considered to have a spell level equal to the spell level of the eldritch blast (1st level) combined with the metamagic effect or effects added to the eldritch blast. You cannot increase the spell level of the eldritch blast to be higher level than the highest level spell you can cast.
      In addition to the regular ranged touch attack, you can now use your eldritch blast as a cone (reflex saving throw equal to 10 + your charisma modifier + the spell level of the eldritch blast) out to 30ft. When using your eldritch blast in this manner, it deals damage in d4s instead of d6s.
      You can also combine the effects of spells with this version of eldritch blast, using the area of the eldritch blast and affecting all opponents within the area. You cannot affect more opponents than the spell would normally allow but you can select any oppoent or opponents in the area that fails his reflex saving throw to be affected by the spell. The select opponent can make a saving throw against the spell, but the spell gains a +1 to the saving throw DC and penetrates spell resistance a +2 bonus.
    • Font of Magic (5th level): At 13th level, you gain the ability to cast your 5th level bloodline spell at will. If the spell has a duration, you may only have one instance of this spell active at any time. If you choose to have more than one instance of your bloodline spell active at any time, you must expend spell slots to cast as per the standard rules.
    • Resiliance: At 14th level, you gain a +1 natural armor bonus and resistance 10 against one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) that you select. Once chosen, you cannot change this energy type. Your natural armor bonus increases to +2 and your energy resistance increases to 20 at 19th level.
    • Supreme Magical Insight (Sp): At 15th level, you can now select among the following spells for your continuous persistent magical effect: Beast Shape II, Blur, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Scrying, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Thoughts, Detect Undead, Displacement, Elemental Body I, Enlarge Person, Floating Disc, Gaseous Form, Heroism, Levitate, Locate Creature, Locate Object, Mage Hand, Nondetection, Prestigitation, Protection from Good/Chaos/Evil/Law, Read Magic, Reduce Person, Resistance, See Invisibility, Spider Climb, and Water Breathing. Just as with Least Magical Insight, gain the effect of the spell continuously. Every four levels thereafter, you can select an additional spell from this list to benefit you continuously. What this means is that the duration of the effect does not end unless you will it to. The effect can be dispelled, but you can reactivate it again on your next turn as a swift action.
    • Font of Magic (6th level): At 16th level, you gain the ability to cast your 6th level bloodline spell at will. If the spell has a duration other than permanent or instantaneous, you may only have one instance of this spell active at any time. If you choose to have more than one instance of your bloodline spell active at any time, you must expend spell slots to cast as per the standard rules.
    • Supreme Invocation (Su): At 17th level, you can increase the duration of certain spells by adding power from your eldritch blast.
      By investing 1d6 points of damage from your eldritch blast into a spell with a duration, you can increase the duration to become indefinate as long as the damage dice from your eldritch blast remains invested.
      You must invest 1d6 points of damage from your eldritch blast equal to the level of the spell being improved upon in this fashion. You can make multiple such investments as long as you do not invest more damage dice than your total -1.
      For example, an 18th level Warlock with a 9d6 damage eldritch blast can haste himself and his allies indefinately by subtracting 3d6 from his eldritch blast for as long as the haste spell endures. This effects other such investments, such as combining spells, adding metamagic to his eldritch blast, and so on, which cannot remove more than 5d6 from his eldritch blast.
      The range of your eldritch blast increases to medium range (100ft + 10ft per warlock level) and the area version increases to a 60ft cone.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-12-15 at 09:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    The Shadow Weave is Shar's way of flipping Mystra the middle finger. It makes more sense for it to remain linked to arcane casters, given Shar's tendency to subvert them to the Shadow Weave.
    It primariliy will, but Clerics and divine casters had access to shadow weave abilities in 3.5 edition, so I figure I can translate and expand upon that premise, though the most benefits I figure will be given to divine casters that actually worship shar and gain their divine power from them - particularly oracles of shar if/when I end up making a shadow weave mystery of some sort, but most of the stuff is going to be for the arcane classes (the wizard and sorcerer more than the witch and the magus).

Most of this is still in my head though and it's going to require a huge amount of work that'll probably work on next weekend.

In the meantime, I'll probably start doing some monsters and NPCs from the forgotten realms core rulebook and see how that goes.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Default Prestige Class (Arcane Devotee)

Arcane Devotee (5 Class Levels)
    With the power and influence of churches and religious life in Faerun, it's no wonder that divine casters aren't the only ones in church hierarchies with truely divine influence, particularly those in Azuth and Mystra's churches. Many pious sorcerers, wizards, bards, and others have chosen to devote themselves to a particular deity as thoroughly as any priest or druid. As a result, they gain an insight into divine magic that few of their peers can understand.
    Requirements: Knowledge (Arcana) 1 rank, Knowledge (Religion) 1 rank, Spellcraft 5 ranks; Skill Focus (Knowledge (Religion), Weapon Proficiency (Deity's Favored Weapon); Ability to cast 4th level arcane spells; You must meet the same alignment restrictions for your patron deity as though you were a cleric of that deity.
    Hit Dice: d6
    Class Skills: Craft (Int), Knowledge (All Skills, Taken Individually) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int).
    Skill Points: 2 + Intelligence Modifier
    Base Attack: Poor (as a wizard)
    Saving Throws: +1 fortitude and will at 1st level and +1 every two levels thereafter; +1 reflex at 2nd level and +1 every three levels thereafter.
    Special Abilities:
    • Arcane Domain: At 1st level, the arcane devotee must select one domain available to his deity. He gains the domain powers from that domain. He treats his arcane devotee level as his cleric level for purposes of using and gaining domain powers from that domain. The arcane devotee uses his primary arcane casting attribute for all domain powers where applicable (such as uses per day or saving throw DCs). If the devotee possesses any levels of another class with this domain (such as cleric), the levels stack for purposes of determining all domain powers and can choose to use the better of his wisdom or primary casting attribute for all domain powers.
    • Channel Energy: At 1st level, the arcane devotee gains channel energy as a cleric of his arcane devotee level. The arcane devotee uses his primary arcane casting attribute where applicable (such as uses per day or saving throw DCs). If the devotee possesses any levels of another class with Channel Energy (such as cleric), the levels stack for purposes of determining total cleric level for domain powers and can choose to use the better of his wisdom or primary casting attribute for using this ability.
    • Domain Spells: At 2nd level, the arcane devotee gains his first and second domain spells as spells known and are now considered class spells for the arcane devotee. Spontaneous casters (like the sorcerer) gain the additional spells to the caster's spells known and preparation casters (like the wizard) add them to his spellbook and they are considered to be arcane spells. At 4th level, the arcane devotee gains a 3rd and 4th level domain spell in the same manner.
    • Divine Secret: At 3rd level, you gain two zero level spells, a first level spell, and a second level spell known from the cleric spell list of your choice and are now considered class spells for the arcane devotee. Spontaneous casters (like the sorcerer) gain the additional spells to the caster's spells known and preparation casters (like the wizard) add them to his spellbook. You must meet any alignment restrictions as though you were a cleric (if selecting cleric spells). At 5th level, you gain an additional 3rd, and 4th level cleric spell in the same manner.
    • Spellcasting: Each arcane devotee level you gain is considered to be one additional level of your qualifying arcane spellcasting class for purposes of determining total spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If the character had more th an one qualifying arcane casting class before adding levels of arcane devotee, he can add his devotee level to any one of them. You do not gain any other class features, including spells known granted by class features (such as the sorcerer's various bloodlines or similar abilities).
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-03-24 at 06:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Default Thunder Orb - CR 3

Thunder Orb
    Source: Sword and Sorcery Creature Collection Vol 1
    The runes upon a magical orb come to life and brighten. As it begins to move toward you, it crackles with electrical energy.
    CR 3; XP 800; N Medium Construct; Any Terrain; Any Climate
    Init +0; Senses Blindsight 90ft, Darkvision 180ft, Lowlight Vision (x4), Perception +7, Sense Motive +7
    AC 20; Touch 10; Flat-Footed 20 (+10 Natural Armor) CMD 13
    HP 36 (3d10+20)
    Fort +1 Reflex +1 Will +1
    DR 5/Magic Immune Construct Immunities Resist Electricity 20
    Speed 20ft Fly (Perfect Maneuverability)
    Ranged Touch Shock +3 (1d6 Electricity/20x2 plus Stun (Fort DC 11)) 90ft Range
    Space 5ft Reach 0ft CMB +3
    Special Attacks Grand Shock (Reflex DC 11 Half; 3d6 Electricity Damage; Usable once every 1d4 rounds)
    Str 10, Dex 10, Con -, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10; Base Attack 3
    Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
    Skills Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 (+4 racial bonus to Perception and Sense Motive)
    Languages Speaks Auran, but understands all
    Special Qualities Construct Traits
    ========== Spells and Spell-Like Abilities ==========
    Constant or Ongoing Effects (Caster Level 1)--Detect Chaos, Detect Evil, Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Magic, Detect Secret Doors
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitary, Pair, Sentinel (3~5)
    Treasure None
    Blindsight (Su) - The thunder orb possesses numerous magical senses that allow it to inerringly detect everything out to 90ft in addition to its usual construct senses. The ongoing benefits of detect chaos, detect evil, detect good, detect law, and detect secret doors all work out to this range in tangent with its blindsight.
    Shock (Sp) - Once per round as a standard action, the thunder orb can belt out an electric shock thanks to the elemental spirit housed within it. Whenever the thunder orb scores a critical hit against an opponent, the target must make a fortitude save (DC 11) to negate the effects of stun. If the saving throw is failed, the opponent is stunned for 1d4 rounds. The fortitude save is charisma-based.
    Grand Shock (Sp) - Once per 1d4 rounds as a full round action, the thunder orb can belt out a powerful shock that deals 3d6 points of electricity damage upon a failed reflex saving throw DC 11 against one opponent within 90ft. Each opponent within 30ft of the initial target must make a reflex saving throw with a -2 to the DC and up to 10 targets can be affected by the attack. A successful reflex saving throw halves the damage. The DC is charisma-based.

The Thunder Orb is typically created to guard tombs, vaults, or other important places. Although they are no longer commonly made, they were once a staple of guardianship by the Avariel elves to protect their secret rooms, vaults, and tombs using elemental air spirits summoned using powerful arcane magic.
    Unlike the creation of golems, the inhabitation is co-operative and contractural rather than forced. The Thunder Orb retains the spirit's intellect to some extent even though it doesn't retain its personality or memories.
    They will quietly guard their ward in hiding (usually amongst runes or swaths of unique architecture) until provokes or if the adventurers discover the object or place of the Orb's protection and it will usually first offer a warning before resorting to violence.

In combat, they are bold and fearless and will attack its opponents until their opponent retreats, dies, or gives up and leaves. It will attempt to sense their opponent's motives whenever possible in order to ascertain whether or not it will become a continuing threat and if it belives that it will, it will be less hesitant to destroy its opponent.

Thunder Orbs in Faerun
    The secret to creating thunder orbs have been around for some time, though they aren't widely created. The first instances of such creatures were constructed as guardians of ancient elven secrets during the Elven retreat of Cormanthor in 1344 DR and the secrets have spread to human and dwarven mages in the time since then.
    Although they aren't as tough as standard golems, they have the intelligence to deal with threats in a coordinated and often concerted manner, including using the help of other creatures like itself or through control of standard golems to aid its efforts.
    Despite being created by the elves, however, they are most common among dwarves, who more often have the expertise with stonemasonry and rune crafting and Avariel, who are typically more apt to summon the air or storm elementals that typically form the core of such constructs.

Construction
    The components primarily include a minimum of 800lbs of solid stone worth about 5,500gp and runes crafted of specialized, permanent inks worth 1,400gp.
    CL 9th Price 16,100gp
    Requirements Craft Construct, Air Walk or Overland Flight, Detect Chaos, Detect Evil, Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Magic, Detect Secret Doors, Dimensional Anchor, Energy Resistance (Electricity), Lightning Bolt, Planar Ally, Lesser or Planar Binding, Lesser, Stoneskin, Creator must be caster level 9th; Skill Craft Masonry DC 13, Craft (Rune) DC 18 Cost 7,900gp
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-04-21 at 10:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Default Gibberling - CR 1/4

Gibberling
    Source: Monsterous Compendium: Monsters of Faerun
    You see a small but powerfully built humanoid that seems to contantly mutter and shriek. Its beastlike head raises and looks toward you as its muzzled face bears its sharp fangs and charges toward you.
    CR 1/4; XP 100; CN Small Humanoid (Goblinoid); Forests and Underground; Temperate
    Init +0; Senses Light Vulnerability, Perception -2
    Aura Gibber 100ft (Will DC 6)
    AC 12; Touch 11; Flat-Footed 12 (+1 Size +1 Natural) CMD 9 (11 vs Grapple)
    HP 4 (1d8)
    Fort +0 Reflex +2 Will -2
    Immune Mind Influencing Effects
    Weaknesses Fire Vulnerability, Light Vulnerability
    Speed 30ft Speed
    Melee Bite +2 (1d3/20x2) or Dagger +1 (1d3/19-20x2)
    Space 5ft Reach 5ft CMB -1
    Special Attacks Gibber (Will DC 6), Teamwork
    Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 5, Wis 7, Cha 2; Base Attack 0
    Feats Weapon Focus (Bite)
    Skills Stealth +4, Survival +2
    Languages Gibberling
    Special Qualities Bunching, Gibber (Will DC 6), Teamwork
    Environment Temperate Forests and Underground
    Organization Solitary, Pair, Horde (3-100), Wave (101-500)
    Treasure Dagger
    Bunching (Ex) - Gibberlings swarm over and around one another with ease. Up to four gibberlings can occupy the same 5ft by 5ft square and operate normally and effectively.
    Fire Vulnerabliity (Ex) - Gibberlings are not vulnerable to fire in the traditional sense. They do not take additional damage upon a failed reflex saving throw against fire. Instead, whenever a gibberling is attacked with fire or is presented with fire, such as with a torch, he must make a will saving throw (DC 12) or be dazed for one round.
    Gibber (Ex) - The constant insane muttering and shrieking can unnerve opponents within a 100ft radius of the gibberling. All opponents of two or fewer HD must make a will saving throw (DC 6) or become shaken. Successfully saving renders the victim immune to any gibberling's gibber for 24 hours. This ability alone cannot make you more fearful through successive failures. Spellcasters must make a concentration check (DC 12) in order to cast any spell. All other concentration checks are done at a -2. The will save DC is based off of charisma.
    Light Vulnerability (Ex) - When in any light brighter than shadowy illumination, the gibberling is slowed (no save). This does not deter them from attacking.
    Teamwork (Ex) - Gibberlings are able to co-operate in a grapple, adding a +1 circumstance bonus per each gibberling beyond the first participating in a grapple against an individual foe. Four gibberlings can grapple a small creature, eight can attempt to grapple a single medium-sized creature, sixteen can grapple a large creature, but the gibberlings are too small to attepmt to grapple creatures larger than large.

Occupying the forest in safe havens from the sun and the underdark, the gibberling hordes are the terrors of the night and the darkness. They are frenzied, fanatical, rampaging monsters that will kill anything in their way or die trying.
    Their tactics will usually involve rushing opponents in order to attempt to grapple them and eat them where they stand. They are relentless and will attack until dead.
    They appear to lack gender and have no true society. They sleep in caverns or foot-deep holes they dig themselves into.

Gibberlings typically advance either as humanoids, warriors, or, very rarely, barbarians.

Gibberlings in Faerun
    Gibberlings for a long time have been rarely seen on the surface in the Dalelands, even at night. However, early in 1372 DR, their numbers have been growing and rampaging across Mistledale and Tasseldale. Their presence in the Underdark of the Dales has likewise been increased to nightmarish levels.
    It is unknown what, if anything, is driving them to the surface.
    In other locations in the Realms, Gibberlings are a propular choice for wizards to baleful polymorph their (non-spellcasting) enemies into in order to keep their humanoid form while also degrading them.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-04-13 at 03:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Shadow Weave Feats

Insidious Shadow Magic
    Formerly Insidious Magic
    Weave users' detection magic doesn't quite synch up well with yours as they exist on differing wavelengths.
    Prerequisite: Knowledge (Arcana) 7 Ranks, Spellcraft 7 Ranks, Shadow Weave magic.
    Benefit: Your magic spells more easily evade detection from a weave user's magic. Any weave user that attempts to use a divination spell to reveal or penetrate your magical spell must make a successful caster level check against a DC of 11 + your caster level in order to succeed.
    The weave user is only checked once each round per each spell he uses regardless of the number of your shadow weave spells are operating.
    You only receive this check if your spell is equal to or higher level than the divination spell employed by the weave user.

Shadow Weave Magic
    You have discovered the dangerous art of the Shadow Weave.
    Prerequisite: Knowledge (Arcana) 1 rank and Knowledge (Religion) 1 rank. Character Level 1st.
    Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to the saving throw DC of one of the following schools: enchantment, illusion, and necromancy. Those spells of the chosen school also gain a +2 bonus to penetrate spell resistance. Spell Focus does not stack with the saving throw DC bonus, but this feat is considered to be spell focus for the purpose of qualifying for greater spell focus for enchantment, illusion, and necromancy. The bonus to penetrate spell resistance does stack with the feats spell penetration and greater spell penetration, but only with the selected school.
    The shadow weave is suboptimal for energy and matter spells. All of the evocation and transmutation spells you cast have a -1 penalty to their saving throw DC and a -2 penalty to penetrate spell resistance.
    If you are a wizard with this feat, you can not specialize in evocation or transmutation and you must select them as prohibited schools. If you choose to specialize in enchantment, illusion, or necromancy, you may use your specialist spell slots to prepare a spell of any of those three schools in your specialist spell slots but you must also choose an additional prohibited school in addition to evocation and transmutation. All other benefits of specialization are according to the school you chose to specialize in.
    You can no longer cast spells of the light descriptor regardless of the school of origin nor can you use spell completion or spell trigger items that produces spells with the light descriptor. Spells with the darkness descriptor are enlarged and widened as though modified with the enlarge spell and widen spell metamagic feats. The benefits of those metamagic feats do not stack with this feat.
    From now on, as a shadow weave user, you are no longer subject to the effects of the weave, including weave-based dead magic zones, wild magic zones, and other such disruptions. However, you are now subject to similar disruptions in the shadow weave.
    From this point on, any magic item you create is considered to be a shadow weave item (see chapter 2 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting).

Tenacious Shadow Magic
    Formerly Tenacious Magic
    Your Shadow Weave spells are difficult to dispel.
    Prerequisites: Knowledge (Arcana) 5 ranks, Shadow Weave Magic.
    Benefit: Your enchantment, illusion, and necromancy spells resist dispel attempts of weave users quite well. All creatures that use the weave that attempt to counterspell or dispel your shadow weave spells must make a check against a DC of 15 + your caster level. This only benefits your enchantment, illusion, and necromancy spells.
    Normal: Dispelling or counterspelling your enchantment, illusion, or necromancy spells must normally check against a DC of 11 + your caster level.

Weave Hunter
    Formerly Pernicious Magic
    You can manipulate the shadow weave to take apart the defenses of those that use the weave.
    Prerequisites: Knowledge (Arcana) 5 Ranks, Shadow Weave Magic
    Benefit: Your magic has an easier time bypassing the magical defenses of trained users of the weave. Your enchantment, illusion, and necromancy spells can more easily bypass spells that would normally protect against such magic.
    Each time you cast an enchantment, illusion, or necromancy spell against a spell created by the weave, the spell you cast has a chance to dispel a single protection spell once each round before affecting the target. The spell being dispelled must be equal or lower level than the attacking spell. The defending spell must specifically defend against the spell you cast. The dispel is done at a caster level equal to that of the attacking spell.
    The two spells must interact so a ranged touch spell that doesn't hit the target doesn't get a chance to dispel the defending spell nor does an area spell that is successfully saved agaisnt using evasion or if the character saves and negates the effect or something similar.
    For example, a wizard with this and the shadow weave magic feat attacks a cleric of mystra that has death ward, freedom of movement, and protection from evil active. The shadow weave using wizard attacks and successfully hits the cleric using enervation and can attempt to dispel one spell that specifically defends agianst enervation. Only death ward qualifies since it's the same level as enervation and it specifically protects against enervation. Both casters are 7th level so the wizard makes a d20 + 7 dispel check against DC 11 + the caster level of the defending spell (7) for a total DC of 18.
    If the attempt is successful, the death ward spell is dispelled and the enervation spell can affect the cleric normally.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-04-12 at 09:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dwarves with Jungle Fever!

Dwarf, Wild
    Source; Races of Faerun
    Inhabiting the dangerous lands of the Chuult, Mhair, and Black Jungles, the Wild Dwarves, like the Arctic Dwarves, have rejected much of the traditions and prejudices of their kin. They live like beasts and shun the trappings of civilization. They are dark skinned, short, and usually heavily tattooed. They view life as an endless bid for survival in a struggle to kill or be killed. They distrust intruders and are apt to attack first and ask questions later.
    • +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Strong and hardy for their size, they are little different in strength or intuition than their more civilized cousins.
    • Small Size: Wild Dwarves are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD), and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
    • Slow Speed: Wild Dwarves have a base speed of 20ft.
    • Darkvision: Wild Dwarves can see in the dark out to 60ft.
    • Jungle Adaptation: Wild Dwarves have adapted to very hostile conditions. They have fire resistance 5, and a +4 saving throw bonus against disease and poison. They are immune to Wild Dwarf Knockout Poison.
    • Illiterate: Wild Dwarves are typically unable to read or write. Those with levels in 'simple' character classes or NPC classes are unable to read or write any langauage they know and regardless of their intelligence, they can only begin the game with their automatic languages and do not gain any bonus languages from a high intelligence score. If the wild dwarf is skilled in linguistics, they become literate in all of their known languages and gain their bonus langauges from a high intelligence as well as any bonus langauges from ranks in linguistics or if they take a level in a moderate or complex class (such as a fighter or druid).
    • Oral History: Wild Dwarves pass down their knowledge through song and story. They recieve a +2 bonus to all knowledge (History) and perform (Oratory) checks and can use both skills untrained.
    • Poison Use: Wild Dwarves are trained in the use of poison and cannot accidentally poison themselves when applying poison to a weapon.
    • Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
    • Weapon Familiarity: Wild Dwarves are proficient with the handaxe and blowgun.
    • Languages: See Home Region

Regions: (See Player's Guide to Faerun)

Starting Age: Adulthood 40 years
    • 40+3d6 years (Simple - Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer)
    • 40+5d6 years (Moderate - Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger)
    • 40+7d6 years (Complex - Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard)

Middle Age (-1 Str, Dex, Con/+1 Int, Wis, Cha): 125 Years
    Old Age (-3 Str, Dex, Con/+2 Int, Wis, Cha): 188 Years
    Venerable (-6 Str, Dex, Con/+3 Int, Wis, Cha): 250 Years
    Maximum: 250+2d%
    Gold Dwarf, Male Height 2'8 +2d4; Weight: 50# +(2d4 x 1d4)
    Gold Dwarf, Female Height 2'6 +2d4 Weight: 40# +(2d4 x 1d4)[/QUOTE]

Wild Dwarf Aventurers
    More than a mere hunter/gatherer society, Wild Dwarves live like beasts engaged in an endless hunt for survival with none of the trappings of society. Adventuring wild dwarves are exceptionally rare but those that exist are almost always of a profession that focuses on high survival skills and combat ability, such as the barbarian.
    • Alchemist Unlike the more scientific types of this profession, wild dwarf alchemists employ wild and jungle themed variations of the same alchemical processes, using plant extracts and other sorts of which can be easily found in jungle areas.
    • Barbarian Wild Dwarf barbarians are far and away the most common adventuring class taken by wild dwarves as it gives them the greatest advantages and necessary set of skills and abilities to allow them to survive under the dangerous canapy of the jungles of the Chuult.
    • Bard Highly prized for their rememberance of old stories, Bards are cherished where they are found and they can provide the very few brief reprieves from the harsh day-to-day life in the jungle.
    • Cavalier Wild Dwarves have no kingdom or civilization as such to call home and as such are never cavaliers, except those that were raised well outside of their traditional homeland.
    • Cleric Wild dwarf clerics rarely arise in any grouping as they tend to thrive in places of theological study that wild dwarves lack. However, many leaders amongst them worship Thard Harr and lead lives of quiet contemplation compared to their more hot-headed breatheren.
    • Druid Wild Dwarf druids are by far the most common wild dwarf spellcasters. They typically worship Thard Harr and serve their clan in their defense and other benefits.
    • Fighter Although fighters have a different focus than the more common wild dwarf barbarians, wild dwarf fighters enjoy the same position of importance as barbarians among wild dwarves.
    • Gunslinger Wild dwarves other than those who have somehow escaped the jungle have never seen a gun, let alone trained with one. Wild dwarf gunslingers, outside of stories of fantastical fantasy, do not exist.
    • Inquisitor Wild dwarves have no use for inquisitors, though wild dwarf inquisitors adept at jungle life do crop up during conflicts with neighbors and other intelligent dangers.
    • Magus Wild dwarves lack the necessary tools, structure, or tradition to train magi and as such have none in any group.
    • Monk A rare few hermits and masters make their home in the wild dwarf homelands and even fewer wild dwarves take up tutilage with them, but they exist and the exceptionally rare wild dwarf monk takes that training back to their peoples to put it to use. They are very exotic to them and highly prized for their physical perfection.
    • Oracle A large number of wild dwarf oracles exist as a tribe's connection to nature, the earth, and Thard Harr himself. They are far more common than clerics and often take up leadership positions within any clan.
    • Paladin With the focus of a wild dwarf's survivalist needs and the worship of a god that doesn't favor paladins, paladins amongst wild dwarves are nonexistant. Those who have left the jungles of the chuult and worship other dwarven or human gods even have the possibility, but those are preciously rare.
    • Ranger More in tune with nature and a more magical nature, wild dwarf rangers are the bread and butter of a wild dwarf clans. They are needed for day-to-day survival needs and provide much-needed insight in the surrounding lands. They are invaluable and highly respected amongst any tribe.
    • Rogue Rogues in wild dwarf tribes are well trained to make and set traps as well as typically serving alongside rangers as scouts.
    • Sorcerer Although rare, those with a connection to nature or earth exist, but because it is rare and strange to most wild dwarves, those who practice even beneficial magic are treated with extreme suspicion.
    • Summoner Wild dwarf summoners usually summon creatures capable of maneuvering through the jungle with fair ease. Their presence is rare among wild dwarves, but are seen as little different than rangers or druids, though they are often careful with their spells and eidolon's appearance due to the risk of being ostracized.
    • Witch Wild dwarf witches are exceptionally rare and immediately expelled or executed in most wild dwarf tribes.
    • Wizard Wild dwarf wizards do not exist as wild dwarves do not have the resources to train them.

Alternate Racial Traits
    The following racial traits may be selected instead of existing racial traits. Consult your DM before selecting any of the following options.
    • Brutal Survivalist: You have trained especially well to live in a day-to-day world in an incredibly hostile environment of the jungles of the Chuult. You gain a +2 bonus to all survival rolls and a +1 bonus on fortitude saves against fatigue and exhaustion.
      This ability replaces oral history.
    • Connection to Nature: Although most wild dwarves spend their daily lives toiling away just to survive, some develop a mystical connection to nature itself in a sort of communion. They lack some of the traditional training that dwarves undergo for the hunt in order to become closer to the awesome power of nature. You gain a +2 bonus on all survival checks, you are constantly protected from the extremes of temperature with a permanent endure elements effect (Su), and you can cast one 1st level druid spell once per day as a druid equal to your caster level as a spell-like ability. Each day, you may select a new spell in which to cast in this manner from the druid spell list. If you can cast spells as a druid, you instead gain an additional 1st level spell slot.
      This ability replaces jungle adaptation and poison use.
    • Forest Hunter: Your focus is less on the historical traditions of your people as you have trained to raise animals to help in the hunt. You gain a +2 bonus to handle animal checks. If you have an animal companion (as per the druid or ranger ability), it gains a +2 bonus to track creatures.
      This abilitiy replaces oral history.
    • Forest Warrior: You are used to fighting in a jungle, using a combination of direct attacks and maneuvering around quietly. You gain a +2 bonus on all stealth checks and can hide in plain sight in jungles.
      This ability replaces stability.
    • Hunter's Companion: Your animal companion's bond to you is stronger than is typical of your profession. If your animal companion's abilities and statistics are determined are determined as a druid of less than your total hit dice (such as the ranger's animal companion) then your druid level is counted as two levels higher for this purpose. Your druid level for this purpose cannot exceed your total hit dice.
      If your druid level for the purpose of determining the benefits of your animal companion is already equal to your total hit dice (such as if you were a druid with an animal compaion), then both you and your animal companion gain a +2 to perception checks when within 60ft of one another.
      This ability replaces oral history.

Favored Class Options
    Instead of receiving additional skill points or hit points whenever he gains a level in a favored class, a wild dwarf may instead opt to choose among a number of other bonuses, depending on his favored class.
    The following options are available to all arctic dwarves who have the listed favored class and unless otherwise stated, the benefit applies whenever you gain a level in the favored class.
    • Barbarian +1/2 bonus on survival to track.
    • Bard allies benefiting from inspire courage gain +1/2 damage on a critical hit with any melee weapon
    • Druid +1/2 on animal companion's survival to track
    • Fighter +1/5 to the save DC of any poison delivered via injury
    • Oracle +1/3 spell level spell known of any spell on the druid's spell list.
    • Ranger +1/2 on animal companion's survival to track
    • Rogue +1/3 rounds on the duration of any poison delivered via injury
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-08-06 at 12:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

That Warlock bloodline for Sorcerers is hideously broken. Casting 1st - 6th level arcane spells at-will is insane. And treating 7th, 8th, and 9th level spell as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level spells when determining bonus spell slots per day is equally insane.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

The Warlock isn't a bloodline. It's an archeotype.
    How is the Warlock hideously broken, if I might ask? Yes, it can cast up to 6th level spells (by 16th level) at will, but it has 2 fewer spells known/level and the limited spells/day of the 7-9 spells are also two fewer/day, despite the fact that they're getting more bonus spell slots from a high ability score (which can make up the difference, but you'll still have fewer high level spell slots than a sorcerer and you'll still be far less versitile.

That's basically the 3.5e warlock in a nutshell.

My version as a sorcerer archeotype severely diminishes the casting ability (particularly of high level spells) for various warlock powers and the ability to cast the lower 2/3rds of their spells at will (of which they get roughly half of a standard sorcerer in spells known - 7 cantrips, 4 1st and 2nd level spells, 3 3rd, 4th, and 5th level spells, and 2 spells known of 6th - 9th for a total of 32 vs the sorcerer's 52) on top of the fact that their ability to cast high level spells is diminished.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxenok View Post
    it has 2 fewer spells known/level
    Hmm. I missed that. So it knows three 1st level spells, three 2nd level spells, two 3rd level spells, two 4th level spells, two 5th level spells, one 6th level spell, one 7th level spell, one 8th level spell, and one 9th level spell.

and the limited spells/day of the 7-9 spells are also two fewer/day, despite the fact that they're getting more bonus spell slots from a high ability score (which can make up the difference, but you'll still have fewer high level spell slots than a sorcerer and you'll still be far less versitile.
    It is less versatile, that's for sure, but actually with Cha 32 (which is pretty much expected by 20th) it ends up with the same number of 8th, and 9th level spell slots per day that would ordinarily have, and one less 7th level spell slot. But then it casts everything else it knows at will.

That's basically the 3.5e warlock in a nutshell.
    Except, no, no it's not. Warlocks didn't get high level spell slots at all. Warlocks also chose their invocations from a severely limited list. You get all Sorcerer spells to choose from, and if they fall between 1st and 6th level you get to cast them at-will. That's huge.

Hideously broken was perhaps a kneejerk, but the archetype is still fully Tier 2 and probably capable of doing some absolutely insane things. I haven't read a lot of Pathfinder, but the sheer number of options all but guarantees broken power. Though, in Pathfinder... it's probably somehow balanced against other Sorcerer archetypes.

I do really like your Spellfire Wielder bloodline. It's a great idea and well-done translation of concept to mechanics.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    Hmm. I missed that. So it knows three 1st level spells, three 2nd level spells, two 3rd level spells, two 4th level spells, two 5th level spells, one 6th level spell, one 7th level spell, one 8th level spell, and one 9th level spell.
    No worries.
    Sorcerers in pathfinder were, much to my eternal delight, given class features beyond simply their spell allotment - as well as more spells known dependant upon which bloodline they get. You can get to be a 'celestial' sorcerer, a 'fire element' sorcerer, a 'abberant' sorcerer, and so forth.
    I chose to make the warlock into a sorcerer archeotype instead of its own class entirely for this reason. One of the few things I liked about 4th edition was that they expanded the warlock from being a 'you're a warlock because you made a pact with the devil' or somesuch (technically a demon but still) but 4e expanded this so you could have pacts with differing powers and sources.

So, where a sorcerer is born into their powers, a warlock as a sorcerer archeotype presents a wonderful opportunity for there to exist sorcerers that only got their power because they bargained for that power with a greater and perhaps dangerous power - perhaps their soul, their livelihood, their freedom, or something else entirely and the bloodlines could represent the pact they take.
    In fact, the sorcerer has bloodlines for all three of the core 4e warlock pacts - (eldritch (arcane bloodline), fey (fey bloodline), and infernal (abyssal or infernal bloodline).)

So that brings me to why I have this warlock casting the lower 2/3rds of his sorcerer spells at will. The main reason being because the whole reason warlocks were made in 3.5e was to make a caster that was an escape from the vancian-style casting or even spell points - making a caster more like the fantasy mages who could use their powers as long as they could recite an incantation or somesuch.
    So in order to keep that part of the warlock in the translation, I thought it would be interesting to allow the sorcerer to cast higher level spells (than just their cantrips) at will but limiting their higher level spells in endurance.
    I allowed the higher level spells to count as lower level spells mostly for the reason that it was easier to explain mechanics-wise.

That's why things are they way they are anyway but in hindsight and based on what you've said I think it's due for a change.

Except, no, no it's not. Warlocks didn't get high level spell slots at all. Warlocks also chose their invocations from a severely limited list. You get all Sorcerer spells to choose from, and if they fall between 1st and 6th level you get to cast them at-will. That's huge.
    Well, technically they did because their warlock powers did state in their descriptions what level they were considered to be for those purposes.
    "Least", "Lesser", "Greater", and "Dark" seporated them out in a general sense but their descriptions listed a more specific number, which would be used to determine things like saving throw DC and other level-based determinations.
    However, they did have far fewer powers (than even a wilder) to pick from whereas my sorcerer, even with 20 fewer spells known than the 52 spells a standard sorcerer knows, is much more versitile.

I do have a few ideas in order to attempt to keep the at-will nature intact, but try to limit things a bit further.
    I'll take out the language that boosts your bonus spell slots from a high ability score to higher level spells out and that'll be assumed regardless of other changes.

1) I could change the language so that they still get 2/3rds of their casting at-will, but only bloodline spells. All other spells - even those of the same level as the bloodline spells, will still be limited in times/day. This'll mean that they might, say, get as many protection from energy spells as they'd ever want (like from the destinied bloodline), but they could never pick and choose from ANY sorc/wizard spell unless it came bundled with a group of spells in a bloodline.
    I could also specify that all non-attack spells would be self-only and you could only have one instance of any spell up at any given time if you chose to not expend a spell slot - so our destinied warlock could cast protection from energy at will, but he could only affect himself and he could only use it to protect himself against one energy type because he couldn't use the same spell to protect himself from the other four energy types nor could he cast it on all his friends, pets, summoned monsters, cohorts, followers, mounts, or whatever.

2) I could slow down the progression of the at-wills by a large factor and only allow the lower 1/3rd of spells to be at-will instead of the lower 2/3rds, so the warlock could keep a least (0th), lesser (1st), greater (2nd), and dark (3rd) aspect as a harkening back to the 3.5 edition version.
    It's certainly the simplest change and certainly less impactful on balance (compared to my current version) though I should still probably specify similar limitations as 1) in terms of only being able to use the spells on yourself and only one at a time to get it for free (otherwise you do expend spell slots.)

3) Similar to the "magical insight" chain, I could allow for spells at will, but only from a narrow selection of sorcerer spells until you get the equivelent number of spells at will as you get as invocations from the 3.5 edition version.

4) Finally, I could invent a group of powers similar to that of the invocations (probably updated variations) of the 3.5 edition version. The problem with this approach, I think, would be the same as if I had just made an entirely new class - each PF class is highly variable on its own and each one's class powers gets expanded upon with each new suppliment but that's something I may not be able to provide. On top of that the invocations from 3.5 edition either had a neutral flavor or a creepy/dark/evil/evilish flavor to them that simply won't work for a warlock-sorcerer that may very well have powers from a pact with a good and benevolent entity rather than an evil one and could ultimately make warlocks less distinct from one another than if I took one of the above options.
    I suppose I could make invocations uniquely flavored for each bloodline. It'd be a lot of work and each invocation might require individual balancing checks, but it would make for a much more unique warlock sorcerer.
    Though if I go this route, I might just as well just make a new base class instead of an archeotype.
    It's not my favorite option.

I'm certain there are more options, but I feel like that if I don't grant more at-will powers, then I'm essentially not really making a warlock.

Hideously broken was perhaps a kneejerk, but the archetype is still fully Tier 2 and probably capable of doing some absolutely insane things. I haven't read a lot of Pathfinder, but the sheer number of options all but guarantees broken power. Though, in Pathfinder... it's probably somehow balanced against other Sorcerer archetypes.

I do really like your Spellfire Wielder bloodline. It's a great idea and well-done translation of concept to mechanics.
    Pathfinder can handle that kind of thing better than in 3.5 edition but I may have taken advantage of that fact a little bit too much.
    I should have taken the hint when I thought about a warlock-sorcerer with the spellfire wielder I created earlier - because before I allowed it to retain spell levels for 24 hours, which if you can cast your 1st level spells (or higher) at will, then you can essentially be perpetually filled with spell slots at all times.
    I sort of solved that issue by knocking down the time to minutes/level in which you can retain your stolen spell slots and forcing the wielder to expend one round of action per each spell sacrificed from your own spell slot list - so that a warlock-sorcerer could be a spellfire wielder and couldn't just keep dumping their at-will spell slots into storage.
    It's still an issue in-between combats, however, especially considering the 20th level capstone.

When I rework the warlock I'll attempt to reword any at-will spells that they can be used for anything other than casting spells (and the invocations as-written in the archeotype description).

Thanks about the spellfire wielder, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
    Last edited by Neoxenok; 2012-04-10 at 08:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxenok View Post
    1) I could change the language so that they still get 2/3rds of their casting at-will, but only bloodline spells. All other spells - even those of the same level as the bloodline spells, will still be limited in times/day. This'll mean that they might, say, get as many protection from energy spells as they'd ever want (like from the destinied bloodline), but they could never pick and choose from ANY sorc/wizard spell unless it came bundled with a group of spells in a bloodline.
    I think this would be the ideal solution. It makes sense both flavorfully and mechanically, and more than that it allows you to give the Warlock Sorcerer at-will "invocations" with a meaningful restriction.

I could also specify that all non-attack spells would be self-only and you could only have one instance of any spell up at any given time if you chose to not expend a spell slot - so our destinied warlock could cast protection from energy at will, but he could only affect himself and he could only use it to protect himself against one energy type because he couldn't use the same spell to protect himself from the other four energy types nor could he cast it on all his friends, pets, summoned monsters, cohorts, followers, mounts, or whatever.
    I think the self-only restriction is too much, but I do agree with the "one copy only" restriction. So he could have Protection from Energy up on himself, or on a friend, but not both.

I should have taken the hint when I thought about a warlock-sorcerer with the spellfire wielder I created earlier - because before I allowed it to retain spell levels for 24 hours, which if you can cast your 1st level spells (or higher) at will, then you can essentially be perpetually filled with spell slots at all times.
    Heh. Yeah, that's a huge issue.

Thanks about the spellfire wielder, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
    I've always had a soft spot for spellfire and have always lamented how (mostly) unplayable it always is. So, I was very pleasantly surprised by your treatment of it.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show