New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Campus Vigilantes

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    "The fact remains that you hurt people at all. What I want to know is why? I know you need blood to survive, but why not just get it from animals, or rob a blood bank or something?"
    A lazy smile crossed Gregory's face. "Hey, we could ask you why you mortals kill cows and pigs when you could subsist on vegetables. But it'd be an unfair comparison, of course, since we don't kill the ones we feed on. Not on purpose, at least."

He ran his fingers through Vishakha's dark hair possessively. "Were you aware that it actually feels good? This girl here was shuddering with pleasure when I fed on her two nights ago, at the bar."

Right now, it was not pleasure that made Vishakha shudder.

"Some even come back for more, willingly," Gregory went on. "But this one had a crazy roommate who jumped to conclusions, started some sh!t at the bar and ended up learning too much about us."

Quote Originally Posted by Misaat View Post

" I don't get what this whole secrecy thing is supposed to accomplish. We are not messing with you because you are vampires. We are doing it because you did something to a friend of ours and we wanna know what it is. If you where just human's that kidnapped Karen. We would have come after you all the same. "
    "If it's Karen you want," said Maria, "you'll have her back in a night or two. We weren't planning to keep her forever."

There was obviously something she was not telling them.

"Alright, chit-chat is over," she said impatiently. She turned to her other thug. "Bruce, search them for weapons. We don't have all night."

The big man nodded and walked towards Christian.

OOC: Very last chance to stall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Yeah, see it's that what concerns me. The whole, 'You'll get her back in a night or two,' thing. Why would you want to keep her for that long, anyway? There's no way you can feed reliably on a person for more than one night before you need to let them regenerate, so why keep her for longer? And I know your hypnotism thing doesn't take long." Leon casually puts his hands into his back pockets, gripping his knife in his right hand. He's just waiting for Christian's signal. "And is that really all we are to you? Cattle? Then, as Matt said, why the secrecy? We don't hide the slaughterhouse from the cows. If you're really so much better than us, so far above us, evolutionarily, that we are nothing more than cattle to you, why should you hide? Why not just go out into the night, hunting and feeding with abandon? There's not much we can do to stop you. Unless... Unless you're afraid of us. That's it, isn't it? You're afraid of us. You want us to think that you're so far above us, that you can do whatever you want to us with impunity. But you know you're wrong. Deep down, in your cold, unbeating heart, you know that we're a threat. Sure, you're a predator, and the lion doesn't fear the single gazelle. But what about a bunch of gazelles? What if the gazelles decided they didn't want to be eaten anymore? I get the feeling there aren't very many of your kind. We humans must outnumber you vastly. That's why you hide in the shadows, that's why you prey on drunks at nightclubs. Because they're easy prey. You tell us to be afraid of you, tell us we can't hope to hurt you, but I know your secret. You're afraid of us, of what we might tell people. ...Of the people who'll believe us. That's why you took Vishaka hostage, that's why you lured us out here. You don't want any witnesses, because you're afraid of the retribution that's coming for you. Oh yes, coming. Believe me, you may take us out as threats, but you'll never get all of the Hunters. We're out there, and we're not the prey anymore."
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, see it's that what concerns me. The whole, 'You'll get her back in a night or two,' thing. Why would you want to keep her for that long, anyway? There's no way you can feed reliably on a person for more than one night before you need to let them regenerate, so why keep her for longer? And I know your hypnotism thing doesn't take long. And is that really all we are to you? Cattle? Then, as Matt said, why the secrecy? We don't hide the slaughterhouse from the cows. If you're really so much better than us, so far above us, evolutionarily, that we are nothing more than cattle to you, why should you hide? Why not just go out into the night, hunting and feeding with abandon? There's not much we can do to stop you. Unless... Unless you're afraid of us. That's it, isn't it? You're--"
    BANG!

Christian had dodged the thug's clumsy hands, drawn his gun and pulled the trigger in less than a second. The sound of it was deafening in the enclosed space and the flash was blinding to their darkness-adjusted eyes. The surprise effect was definitely there, though: Gregory stumbled back a few steps, a shocked look on his face and a small round hole in his chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Really, really sorry to cut that excellent speech short, but I ran it in my head and it was about a minute long. Christian didn't have nearly that much time before Bruce started searching him for weapons. You should save the rest of it in case you get another opportunity to deliver it. (Seriously, it would be a shame to waste it.)

Dex 3 + Firearms 3 + skill specialty 1 + damage 2 = 9 dice, minus 2 dice to avoid hitting Vishakha, who's right in front of Gregory.

(7d10)[1][7][2][9][4][7][8](38) -- 2 successes.

Potential 10-agains: (3d10)[3][6][2](11)

Guns deal bashing damage against vampires.

And now, on to the surprise round! Remember that enemies get no Defense this round, but it matters little since you'll probably be spending it drawing your weapons. (It's not the only option, though: you can try a hand-to-hand attack, such as a grapple. See all options on p.154.)

When you're done, roll initiative. I'll roll it for the NPCs immediately.

Christian: (d10+5)[8]
    Maria: (d10+8)[17] - Fast Reflexes 2, bitches!
    Gregory: (d10+6)[16]
    Bruce: (d10+5)[11]

Not rolling for your other friends just now, since you don't know yet if they unlocked the front door and can join the fight next round.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-05-31 at 09:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

4. - Top - End - #124

At the sound of Christian's gunshot, Leon draws his knife and holds it ready, prepared to cut anyone who came close to him. I hope the others get here soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled initiative in the OOC, as I forgot to do so here. Came up a 14. Oh God, Maria and Gregory get to go before me and all I can do is draw a weapon.

EDIT: And no worries about cutting the speech short. I figured it was a little long, but I wanted to give Leon a chance to have at least one Badass Boast in his career, considering that it's looking like his career is only going to last another few minutes.
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-05-31 at 10:01 PM.
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"Damn!... "

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d10+7)[16]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Maria's face twisted with fury. Out of nowhere she pulled a knife and narrowed her eyes at Christian.

"Gregory," she snarled, "kill the girl."

Seemingly more surprised by Christian's bullet than hurt, Gregory raised his revolver and pointed it at Vishakha's back.

OOC: Initiative rolls in the OOC thread. Matt's turn.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-06-01 at 06:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

A fountain of different thoughts rushes through Matthew's mind... He throws himself towards Vishaka throwing her to the ground and protecting her with his body.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Vishakha let out a grunt of pain through her gag when her chair crashed to the floor under Matthew's weight. A brief flash of annoyance in his eyes, Gregory lowered his aim and shot almost point-blank at Matthew.

Spoiler
    Show
    As we said earlier, +2 bonus to shoot prone targets. (8d10)[6][10][4][7][9][3][1][6](46) *

Vishakha may take a bit of bashing damage for falling while bound to a chair: (2d10)[8][2](10) *

* Any 10-agains for either damage roll: (3d10)[8][5][2](15)

So that's 3 lethal damage for Matthew and 1 bashing damage for Vish.

Leon's turn.

Matthew felt a searing pain in his left side... A grazing shot. His shirt was already getting soaked with blood.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-06-01 at 07:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

9. - Top - End - #129

Deciding that removing a single target as a threat is a better plan than spreading damage between two or more, Leon closes with Gregory and attacks with his knife.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving into attack range and attacking Gregory with my knife: (7d10)[4][1][10][7][8][8][2](40)

EDIT: So that's three successes, unless Gregory has enough Defense to knock off enough of my dice. I hope he doesn't.
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-06-01 at 09:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: These events happened in initiative order, but for narrative purposes it is not necessarily the order in which they are described below. All rolls in the OOC thread.)

Leon's knife sliced Gregory across the arm and opened a deep gash that oozed viscous black blood. The vampire's eyes widened for a moment at the ferocity of the attack, but he then flashed his fangs at Leon in an amused smile, as if glad to meet someone who put up a good fight.

A split second later, the front door of the Starbucks crashed open, bringing in light from the neon signs of Adams Blvd. Lillian was framed in the doorway, and in her hand she held a switchblade that glowed with rosy light from behind her. She lunged at Bruce's exposed back; his size made him the most obvious target. The big man whirled, far quicker than a brute like him had any right to be, and backhanded her hard across the face before she could strike. The force of the blow almost knocked her to the ground and she drew back a step dazedly, her lower lip bleeding.

The next one through the front door, Neil, made good use of the distraction caused by Lillian to aim a stab at Bruce's exposed left flank. The henchman tried to catch Neil's knife hand to protect his chest, but only cut his palm against the blade. From the amount of blood that dribbled between his fingers, the man clearly had a beating heart.

Then the back door opened and Fred, the thug who had been standing guard outside, charged at Christian from behind like a raging bull. The rookie turned to shoot his attacker, but was a little too slow; Fred aimed a kick at his arm and threw his aim off just as he pulled the trigger. The bullet ended up somewhere in the ceiling.

Meanwhile, as Gregory raised his revolver again to fire at Leon, a long, thin blade pierced his chest from behind at heart level. The vampire blinked... There was something disturbing, even for an undead lord of the night, about two feet of steel protruding from your body and dripping with your blood.

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya!" exclaimed Maxwell cheerily. "You kidnapped some chick. Prepare to die. Permanently, this time!"

Maxwell twisted his rapier in the wound, then yanked it out with a sickening noise. A look of utter shock on his face, Gregory opened his mouth as if to speak, but his words turned to a gurgle as blood bubbled between his lips. He collapsed face down, his eyes wide open.

"Aww, that fast?" sighed Max, disappointed. "Seriously, I expected better."

Maria's veneer of cold dignity went right out the window when she saw how easily Max had dispatched Gregory. She looked left and right and seemed to realize that her side was now outnumbered six to three. Cursing under her breath, she bravely turned and ran out the front door.

"Hold them off!" she shouted at her two henchmen over her shoulder.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whew. A combat with so many people is a bitch to roll and write. Thankfully, it looks like it will be over sooner than I thought.

Gregory took 2 lethal damage from Leon.
    Lillian took 2 bashing damage from Bruce.
    Christian took 1 bashing damage from Fred.
    Bruce took 3 lethal damage from Neil.
    Gregory took 6 lethal damage from Maxwell. He's in torpor.

Matthew and Leon may now act. No need to do it in initiative order, just post when you can. If you want to go after Maria, I'll come up with rules when I have the time (it's 1 AM over here), taking into account that Bruce is still between you and the front door and will do what he can to cover his employer's retreat.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-06-02 at 01:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Blood dripping from his mouth and gushing from the bullethole at his side Matthew unties Vishaka as he looks at the chaos surrounding him.

" Max *cough* Follow the Vampire Girl! She is getting away! "

Then he turns towards Vishaka and smiles.

" It's gonna be okay now... we'll take you back to the campus *cough* "

12. - Top - End - #132

Leon looks at Gregory, and then at Fred and Bruce. "Told you they were afraid of us. You should run." To punctuate his statement, Leon steps toward Fred and swings his knife, aiming to injure and prove a point, rather than outright kill. Of course, given his mood, he's not sure killing a vampire's servant is all that wrong, anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking Fred with my knife. (7d10)[7][7][1][9][5][6][9](44)
    On the off-chance of 10s: (3d10)[10][10][10](30)
    So, 2 successes. Actually, maybe not, I forgot to drop defense from my roll. Pity about the lack of tens.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, 1 success if he's got 2 defense.
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-06-02 at 07:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

At Maria's orders, Bruce obediently took a few steps back towards the front door, blocking it with his body to force anyone trying to leave to go through him first. Lillian tried to oblige him by slashing at him with her switchblade, but the big man dodged with almost disdainful ease... and yelped in pain when Neil's knife pricked him in the shoulder. Bruce retaliated with a clumsy punch that missed Neil by half a mile.

In the center of the room, Matthew spoke to Vishakha while freeing her: " It's gonna be okay now... we'll take you back to the campus *cough* "

As soon as her hands were free, Vishakha wiggled out of her bindings and removed her gag. "No!" she protested fiercely. "We need to go after her, she still has Karen! What if she hurts her in revenge?"

Meanwhile Fred, Leon and Christian were still locked in a fierce scuffle centered around Christian's gun. When Leon cut him across the thigh, Fred spared him just enough attention to aim a punch at his stomach. It was a left-handed, almost negligent blow, but to Leon it felt like a freight train ramming his ribcage. He doubled over, gasping for air.

Fred brought his attention back to Christian just in time to jump out of his firing line when the rookie pulled the trigger. The bullet only grazed the bouncer's temple.

Maxwell was having the time of his life. After wiping his blade on Gregory's clothes, he turned to Bruce, who guarded the front door, and theatrically exclaimed: "You! How dare you stand in the way of justice?" With a maniacal grin, he lunged at him and sank his rapier into his throat. Without a noise, Bruce collapsed, bleeding heavily from the jugular.

OOC: Only Fred left!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"Dammit... I need a weapon.. "

Matthew starts trying to pry the handgun from the cold dead fingers of Gregory.

15. - Top - End - #135

Figuring that securing the area was more important than trying to catch up to Maria, Leon continues his efforts to put down Fred.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another knife attack against Fred: [rollv]510[/rollv]
    In case of 10s: (3d10)[2][4][6](12)

I remembered his Defense this time!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

As Leon drove his knife into Fred's forearm, Lillian and Neil almost simultaneously charged the thug from behind, slashing at his back. Fred twisted left and right with the ease of an experienced fighter, not quite avoiding injury but at least keeping his assailants' blades away from his vital organs. It was a savage, ugly fight, and the outnumbered combatant was bleeding heavily from several wounds. Still, he gave no sign of relenting - he even fought more fiercely than ever, as if death meant nothing to him.

In the midst of the scuffle, Christian finally managed to get his gun pointed directly at Fred's head.

"Hands behind your head now!" he barked. "This is your last--"

Fred responded to the ultimatum by punching the rookie in the solar plexus. Christian staggered a few steps back, but recovered his aim quickly and pulled the trigger, almost point-blank. A good chunk of Fred's face exploded in blood. He crumpled into a heap.

Christian shakily flicked off the safety of his handgun. "Jesus," he breathed, ashen-faced. "First time I kill a man. I hope it's the last. Training prepares you to lots of things, but not that. Anybody's hurt?"

Maxwell came back from outside the building. "Couldn't really try to kill the girl with a rapier in the middle of a crowded boulevard," he apologized, seemingly unfazed by the massacre he had just participated in. "But I saw where she was going. She's going back to her bar."

Meanwhile, Vishakha went from one body to another and checked their pulses. She no longer looked like the shy girl who had come to their headquarters a few hours ago; she now looked grim, businesslike, and in a great hurry.

"The two goons are still alive," she reported with unmistakeable irritation. "Not for long if we leave them to bleed out. What about them?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, combat time is officially over.

Gregory's gun is a light revolver with five bullets left. Gregory has no additional bullets on him.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-06-04 at 08:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

17. - Top - End - #137

Leon wipes his cleans his knife on Fred's shirt, then looks at his own reflection on its blade. "Stake the dead one; I want to bring him with us and I don't trust him to stay down without wood in his heart. Vampires are always coming back from less. We can either finish the others off right now, or let them bleed out; either way, we can't leave them here. If I'm right, the other vamp is going to be bringing police back here, and I'd rather not try to explain why we handed out vigilante justice to a vampire and two of his goons who had an innocent victim held hostage. Whether we bring the goons with us or not, we are bringing the vampire. I want to take him apart; he took a bullet to the chest and barely bled, and I can see the hole it made from here. I want to know how he did that, and see if I can replicate it." With that said, Leon stows his knife back in his pocket, pulls his stake out of his sleeve, and drives it through Gregory's heart. "Oh, right, we should bring you up to speed, Vishaka. Short version: all the things that go bump in the night are real, they prey on us humans like cattle, and we're here to put a stop to that."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew gets up from the floor holding his bullet-wound and nods at Leon's remark and puts the revolver in the pocket of his jacket.

" Whatever we do. We need to move fast... I agree that it's better that we take him with us. He may know what happened to Karen or we could also use him as bait."
    Last edited by Misaat; 2012-06-04 at 09:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"If you insist on lugging a corpse along a boulevard," Christian warned, "I'm having no part in it. There's cops out there, you know. Lots of them."

Lillian nodded emphatically. "And they'll get here soon. Someone must have heard the gunshots. I say we stake the vamp, leave the bodies here and scram."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You came on foot, so you have no car trunk to put the body in. However, there is a large garbage container at the back of the building, in case you want to hide the body and come back for it later. It's also possible to hide in the backstreets behind the Starbucks to interrogate the vampire (although there is always a small risk of getting caught), but there is no way you can walk back to the university with the corpse without being seen.

Even if you succeed at getting away from there with Gregory's inert body, waking him from torpor is another story.

I'm not trying to railroad you, but your plan does present many difficulties.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

20. - Top - End - #140

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leon doesn't want him awake, he wants him cut open and cataloged. Bear in mind that Leon would fit in quite nicely at the Cheiron Group if this game was using the Conspiracies.

"I don't want to lose this subject; he's too interesting to let go. Can we hide him somewhere and come back later for him later? I thought I saw a dumpster out back where we came in. As for the goons, admittedly, there's a lot of blood, and the police will be searching the area. We have to at least hide them. Maybe throw all three in the dumpster out back?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Matthew is more of a Valkyrie type of dude XD

" Damn... you are right... "

Matthew says thinking hard about it.

" Do vampires die if their head's are cut off? "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2012-06-04 at 10:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"That's... usually one of the ways to permanently end them. 'Course, that tends to permanently end everything and why are we standing here talking? Grab the vamp and the dead guys, throw 'em in the dumpster out back, and let's get gone before we're noticed." Leon hefts Gregory up over his shoulder, stumbling a bit under the weight. "Uh, little help? Scrawny lab boy carrying an undead freak here."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't want to lose this subject; he's too interesting to let go. Can we hide him somewhere and come back later for him later? I thought I saw a dumpster out back where we came in. As for the goons, admittedly, there's a lot of blood, and the police will be searching the area. We have to at least hide them. Maybe throw all three in the dumpster out back?"
    "You're sick," said Vishakha, aghast. "A subject? You're thinking about dissecting an abomination like that, while Karen is in danger?"

Lillian let out a slightly hysterical laugh. "Look at us, Vishakha, we're talking about shoving bodies into a dumpster. This is crazy, but I'm afraid we're all in this together."

More seriously, Christian said: "I say we leave the goons here. Once the cops come and see all the blood, they'll look for bodies. They'll bring dogs. And inevitably, they'll be led to the dumpster. No, better leave the goons. The police will have no reason to think we hid another body when we left these two in plain sight."

Quote Originally Posted by Misaat View Post
    " Do vampires die if their head's are cut off? "
    "I'm pretty sure anything would die," said Lillian. She laughed again, without much joy. "And now we're talking about cutting heads off. We're stuck in a Buffy episode written by Tarantino."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, I don't know how effective is cutting off the head, and I don't really have time to search my V:tR book thoroughly right now. I'm pretty sure it should kill them, but if someone knows for sure, please tell me.

Driving a stake through the heart is a Strength test, with a possible bonus if you use a blunt object as a makeshift hammer. (Let's say a bonus equal to the object's size.)
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-06-04 at 11:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Then we'll just let Gregory in the dumpster and call Maria to tell her that we got him as a hostage... She might just buy it "

Matthew says heading towards the door still clutching his side

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm sure the girl who just ordered her two goons to die to hold us off cares a whole lot about Gregory," said Neil with dripping sarcasm. He nonetheless helped Matthew carry the corpse outside. "You know, I'd put it in that other one over there," he said, pointing at another dumpster behind one of the shabby apartment buildings looming over them. "It's safer. The cops are sure to search the Starbucks' dumpster for evidence."

Spoiler
    Show
    Makes more sense this way, IMO. Besides, the Starbucks has been closed for a while, so the dumpster contains no trash to hide the corpse under.

Last chance to stake/behead/whatever the body.

Misaat, if you do call Maria, please roleplay it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #146

"Good idea. Hang on a sec." Leon takes out his stake and works it into Gregory's chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna spend Willpower, as I only have 1 strength: (4d10)[2][3][5][9](19)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Maybe you Should let Max or Neil Handle that "

Matthew says looking at his companion drive the stake through the vampire's heart.

" Anyway it doesn't hurt to try... she should still have my cellphone... i'll call her when we get out of here..."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Leon laid the body down on the asphalt and, at the price of a considerable effort, managed to slowly push the stake deep into the vampire's heart. Then he and Neil stuffed the body into the apartment building's half-full dumpster, placed some of the garbage bags over it and closed the lid.

The rest of them searched the bodies for anything useful, then left the Starbucks by the back door. Not a moment too soon: a police car parked itself right in front of the building, presumably drawn there by the gunshots. The vigilantes snuck along the backstreet for a block before emerging again on Adams Blvd, less than a hundred yards from the Rasputin Bar.

Half a dozen cops remained around the nightclub, sipping coffee. The crowd of onlookers had dispersed a while ago and most of the investigating appeared to be over... By now, the police tape surrounding the building was little more than a formality.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two goons each had brass knuckles and a knife. Strangely enough, neither had money or an ID.

In addition to his revolver, Gregory had a hundred dollars in cash (largely irrelevant given the Resources system), an iPhone, a business card identifying him as a professional lobbyist for the gambling industry, a fancy-looking wristwatch and car keys for a Lexus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #149

Leon looks across the street, and then down at his own hands. "We should head back to base. Regroup, wash up, wait for some of the heat to disperse. It won't do anyone any good to be seen anywhere near here looking like we just came out of a fight." He turns to look directly at Vishaka. "We'll discuss what to do about Karen, the vamp chick, and my research subject once we're there. Any objections?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Do we have some sort of med kit on the base? i'd really like to stop this bleeding you now..."