Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 288

Thread: Yup'ik

  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Koyomi looked angry. Really angry. This was the first time he had gotten angry in front of the others, and if any of them could see his aura it would be very dark, almost black with rage.

    'Something is controlling these pokemon. Something far stronger than me. You two, fall back. I won't fight innocent pokemon.'

    Zabuza would jump back, towards the Current. He would try and jump back in the water if he could. Tapion on the other hand, had more of a show. He jumped up in the air with a dramatic flourish and teleported, vanishing in a shower of magical leaves. He reapeared behind Koyomi, pulling off another of his hero poses.

    'What ever you are, face me. Don't send innocents as your pawns.'

    He took out a pokeball and threw it at the innocent aeshna, hoping to catch it. He wanted to find out who or what would do such a terrible thing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tapion: Teleporting behind Koyomi

    Zabuza: Moving away, uses focus energy, trying to get to the water

    Koyomi: Pokeball on the injured aeshna (1d100+5)[38]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Between Jormungandr's elegant poison fang and the somewhat... less... elegant music from Terra, the Whismur went down fairly hard he even struck himself via his confusion in the middle there.

    The murkrow recoiled from the devastating blow, but actaully remained up. Glaring at Buck, the murkrow began what was to be an attack - but its confusion overwhelmed it as well.

    And, as pokeballs flew, both Aeshna and Sandshrew were caught - by Koyomi and Kaori respectively. Thus, after a moment, the murkrow was the only pokemon remaining on the field.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The only remaining pokemon is the murkrow, who is confused and battered.

    Mark did state that he may attempt for the murkrow - would you like to make a capture attempt upon discovering that it was still up, as you didn't use any actions at all tha tround?

    Also, Ferlyn, would you like to transfer your capture attempt to the murkrow as your initial target was removed, or just save your pokeball?

    If neither of you would like to readjust, we can do another quick round (In which I'm pretty sure said murkrow is going away, heh), but I would like to resolve the murkrow before moving on. ^_^ So for everyone else, feel free to post your next-round actions to expedite things.

    Enemy status:
    Murkrow: (Red) Confused, barely hanging on
    Honchkrow: Fainted
    Lotad A: Fainted
    sandshrew: (Caught, by Kaori)
    Whimsur: Fainted
    loudred: Fainted
    glalie: Fainted
    Lotad B: Fainted
    Aeshna: (Caught, by Koyomi, who seems to have a knack for catching Aeshna :P)
    Squamata: Fainted
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Mark blinked as the Murkrow was still standing. He blinked again at Koyomi's reaction, but it made sense. Controlling Pokemon was a big no-no.

    Catching them on the other hand...

    He let the Ultra Ball fly, thankful for his ridiculous amounts of money.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Capturing the Murkrow with an Ultra Ball. Probably gonna work...
    Capture Roll: (1d100)[80]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    As the great ball flies towards the murkrow, a somewhat peculiar effect seems to occur - the bird seems to resist the initial stages of the ball.

    Which was when, after a moment of this, the murkrow seemed to kind of slump a bit - relaxing vividly, as its aura reverting back to normal. It was slurped into the ball then.

    And with that, activity within Current was silent once more - for the moment, the only sounds were the bubbling sounds of water as it flowed through. At this point, however, the group had spent some time within the caves - if you'd been able to see the sky, it would've been pitch black a couple hours ago.

    It may be best to camp out until morning, before moving on.

    Mojave still seemed a little worried, although he notably kept near Matthew as a response for his being worried, so presumably he's becoming more comfortable being about him.


    Spoiler
    Show

    The battle has been completed! Participating pokemon get the following experience:

    Murkrow, Both Lotads, Sandshrew, and Whismur were level 25.
    Aeshna and Squamata were level 28
    Loudred and Glalie were level 35
    Honchkrow topped the list at level 36

    The total is 10612xp from the encounter.

    The caught Aeshna is level 28, male, has the ability pickup and a hardy nature. It is holding a Rawst berry.
    The caught Murkrow is level 25, male, has the ability Insomnia and a Lax nature. It knows the move taunt (in addition to its typical level up moves)
    The caught sandshrew is level 25, male, has the ability sand veil and a Patient nature. It knows the move snore (in addition to its typical level up moves)
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Mark nods as the Murkrow is caught. "I'll name you in a jiffy, friend. First things first! There was definitely something... off... about that. Someone or something is controlling these Pokemon - as Koyomi pointed out - and I'm inclined to agree with his opinion on the matter." he growled as he released Marshall and the Murkrow. They came into being once more - with the crow-like creature standing on top of Marshall.

    Then as Stryker padded over over to inspect the newest addition to Mark's team, he stood up and addressed the others once more. "However, we should probably get some information first before we leave the cave or find out who's behind this. Some recuperation wouldn't hurt either, judging by the state of our newest acquisitions." Rather than have Matt heal the Murkrow, he pulls a Super Potion out of his bag and applies it to the injured Pokemon, hoping to gain some small measure of trust by taking care of the bird himself. He also provides the Murkrow with some food as well. Getting down on a hand and knee, he starts reassuring the Murkrow. "Easy, there. You're safe, no need to panic. Just got some questions for you..."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Kaori Matsuo

    "Good work, Karei!" Kaori would rub the top of Karei's head as the pokeball returned to her hand, disappearing with a glow as it was returned to her box. "That new move is pretty awesome, huh? Gotta thank Sis again next time we see her." While she spoke, Kaori would direct Milotic back over to the shore. The girl would hop off, a bit wet but no worse for wear, as she'd sit down near Karei. "But that was sort of weird, huh? Never seen fainted pokemon teleport."

    Jin would snort a bit as he came over, sitting down next to Kaori, who leaned back into his warmth, drying off a bit. Taking her camera out, she'd take a picture of Karei as the Milotic looked herself over for dirt from the battle. It took her only a few moments to take a good picture, and she'd set the camera down in her lap, looking back over her shoulder towards the others while she absently stroked Jin's neck. "That was pretty weird, wasn't it? Someone was controlling them? I didn't see a trainer or anything though, and ten pokemon...? That's way more than allowed! There could be two people."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sandshrew is boxed, unless someone asks Kaori for it. She wouldn't think of it.

    Victory Pose!

    (1d10)[5] = 225 Pokebucks

    Haoto triggers Pickup!

    (1d100)[86] - nothing
    (1d20)[20] - random TM

    Karei gains 10612 XP! Total XP: 61612

    Karei reaches level 42! (+2 levels)

    HP rises by 2! Karei learns Attract! Karei forgets Water Sport.
    Last edited by Nyna; 2012-04-01 at 10:03 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    "It could be psychic or more mystical, or even a pokemon. Just another thing to smack around until it stops doing that. Oh, all wounded over here, by the way."
    He starts with the unconscious Marshall, pulling out his most potent supplies as Buck and Pyroclast head over. (Treat Major Wounds, add 80 hp, -300 poke to me) Then Pyroclast, who whines a bit like a kid as Matt carefully tends to him (another Treat Major Wounds, back to full, -300 poke again), Buck getting similar treatment (TMW, back to full, -300 poke to me).
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-01 at 11:41 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Koyomi took out his pokedex and pointed it at the pokeball, sending it to his wifes box. He didn't have one, most of his life he only had 5 pokemon. Twice in the past day he had ended up past the official limit.

    'Matt-san, could I borrow the radio again? I want Girard to examine the Aeshna I'm boxing. Something.... something is very wrong with these pokemon. They had two auras. I have never seen two auras on one pokemon, I didn't think it was possible. And whatever sent them, It's angry at us. Very angry!'


    Tapion and Zabuza gave a massive high-five. Tapions arm blades glowed for a second and when Koyomi scanned him, he could see that the Gallade had learned Psycho Cut. That would be helpful. They would need all the help they could get if something big was after them.

    (Tapion: 58/66 hp, Zabuza: Unhurt)
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    "That is odd...think that supports the 'more mystical' hypothesis, though. From what I know, psychics only leave a residue, not a second aura."
    He hands the radio off to Koyomi as he tends to Tapion while he's distracted with quick hands. (Treat Minor Wounds, -100 poke.)
    Pyroclast holds up his pots and pans, and raises an eyebrow.
    "Well...this is still likely the most defensible spot we're going to get unless we carve out a place for ourselves. Shall we eat and camp here with a watch rotation, or eat and move on?"

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    'Good news and bad news my friend' said Koyomi to the radio. 'In good news, I have a new specimine for you. It's one of those bugs we spotted earlier, aeshna. It's in Yuki's box, but she should grant you permission to examine it. I'd ask you have a psychic or aura user present to examine it though. Which brings me to the bad news.'

    'We were attacked. Not a territory sqauble like earlier, something sent pokemon after us. And it was controlling them. I could barely read their minds, they had a second aura controlling them. Whatever is out there, it's targeting us for some reason. AND I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THAT! I'm not just going to stand by and let something send innocet pokemon to get hurt fighting us, hoping to do away with us for some offence we don't even know we commited.'

    The playful fatherly personality Koyomi had had on since meeting the group had dissapeared. Now it was Koyomi Kenta, proud samurai warrior and protector of the innocent. And this samurai was out for justice. He didn't care if it was more powerful than him. There were more of them, and they now knew it was out there, hunting them. He would hunt it back.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ajadea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not Here

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Faith patiently waits for Buck to swim back, then directs him over to Matt to be healed. As soon as he's put back together, he bounds back over to Faith's side. She scratches his back. "That was great, Buck! That Honchkrow went down like a stone." Terra meanders back to the fire and lies down next to it, looking very smug indeed.

    Faith looks at the Captain's new catch, then tosses out a grubby black and green ball. A second Murkrow hops out. "Raban, talk to the new one. Figure out where it came from. And why it attacked us, for that matter." Raban nods and flies over to the other Murkow, then begins squawking.

    Lily hangs on to Faith's back like a second backpack, eyeing the pair of Murkrow with a mix of fear and general distrust. Raban was bad enough. She couldn't sense him well because of his dark mind, and his wings could deal her great amounts of damage. Now there were two.

    When Koyomi yelled, she gripped Faith even tighter and buried her head into the crook of her trainer's neck. She remembered yelling. She was still scared, when it happened sometimes. And now, the man with the bright aura was angry and scary and it was a little too much like her old trainer for comfort.

    "Koyomi, quit yelling. You're scaring Lily here. And she's kind of crushing my ribs a little," Faith says with a wince. Lily lets go and floats down to the ground, peeking around Faith's legs. "I think we should camp - I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted right now."

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Marshall twitched and grumbled something grateful to Matt as he phased and appeared next to the nameless murkrow, about to start yelling at it when he noticed there were two Murkrows. He blinked a few times, confusion rapidly sinking in. Mark looked up at the new arrival and decided to give his Murkrow a new name after it had finished talking.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mura-neechan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Ferlyn wasn't quite as thrilled as some of the others at battle's end. More like Kiyomi she was rather annoyed, and somewhat distraught. Wilds were dangerous, but avoidable if one didn't disturb them. While some battles were fine, and hunting them for capture made sense, to have any pokemon simply thrown to the proverbial wolves was nothing a trainer of any real acceptable could stand. Scanning the caves she'd look to Izumi and nod to the ghost before moving towards the floating water again. "Psychic is likely. Izumi, move out. I want all the nearby areas scanned. Report back in ten minutes." A salute from the ghost and a salute would be the response as Ferlyn's frown would only grow. Letting Izumi stay phased and float through the caves she at least had a good chance of examining the area. Moving back to the others she'd pull her hat off to try to cool her head a bit, both physically and emotionally. "I am sorry if I don't pay much attention, but some of you are telepaths, right? Can you connect with Izumi so she can communicate if she finds something?"

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    "Migraine, link up with Izumi if you would."
    Meanwhile, having seen to the last of the injured, he rummages around for something tasty and thinks towards Lily.
    Don't worry. Jormungandr and I have...a history of having to take down abusive trainers. You're safe here.
    His own aura darkens for a moment as he remembers something, before clearing back up.
    "Well, since we're camping, we could make an alcove with a ground shaper while we wait for Izumi to report through Migraine."
    His primary issues over, he pulls out some food and tosses it to Pyroclast, who catches it in a bowl. Then he pets Mojave, finally soothing the squamata.
    "It's okay. Everyone came out of that okay here. We'll help them soon."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-02 at 09:16 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Mark's new murkrow nodded almost sagely to Mark as he recieved healing via potion. He kept his head tilted slightly upwards, as though he was doing Mark a favor by allowing the Captain to aid him. When Raban showed up to speak to him, the conversation was actually a bit annoying, as it opened with something akin to, "I suppose I can lower myself to speak to you." Which probably made Raban less than pleased as the conversation kept going like that.

    His response was not too helpful, though. His home is a snowy forest - he was living there with several other (but notably inferior) murkrow and (temporarily in a position of potential superiority) honchkrow. He then was engulfed in a particularly sudden and potent snowstorm in the forest that he describes as a bit like a tornado, was very dizzy, and next thing he knows he's being pulled into a pokeball.

    So obviously he managed to put up a monumental fight even in his sleep, and that particular human had recognized his elegance and magnificence. Marshall gets the equivalent of a 'hmpf' as he walked over.


    Izumi's search around showed that, at least for a moderate distance, there were no people nor pokemon besides the party. The caves went back to a bit of networking when you left Current - becoming the sized-for-Squagila-mazes that had become relatively normalish by this point, but they seemed otherwise empty. It's possible things had been here previously, but if so, they weren't any longer.


    There was a bit of static this time on the radio for a moment - presumably they did something on the other end, though, as it cleared up. It had apparently started to rain outside the caves, from the background sounds.

    "Huh. Now that's an unexpected response as well - something is trying to prevent you from exploring? Or is there an additional reason... one moment, Koyomi."

    There's a short pause, then a shout of surprise and a whole lot of yelling - apparently Girard had in his enthusiasm kicked someone awake. Some talking commenced.

    "While my personal understanding of the aura subject is limited at best, the specialist in the subject has stated that flickering aura - especially very different ones - is very abnormal. One moment - "

    What sounded like a small argument which consisted partially of 'Yes, I'm certain! No, Koyomi would not make this up.'

    "Regardless - I do worry about your safety. Be careful in there."

    Koyomi could hear him comment separately that he wished to make sure the expedition had all the help it could get - this caused a small amount of activity on the other side, but he didn't seem to have additional questions for the group this time around.


    Mojave seems a bit more at ease now - he did try to keep close to Matthew, but otherwise seemed a lot better than before. Idly, he drinks a bit more water to help himself remain calm, then watched the magmar cook with curiosity.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    "Confident one, aren't you? I think I'll name you... Erik. Yes, that'll do. Short but punchy... resembles you pretty well, I'd say." He brought out a ball for Heimdall, who allowed himself to be returned back to the ball.

    Marshall, however, was not so easily placated. After a few twitching moments, he threw his hat down on the floor in a rage and flew into a flailing incoherent tirade at the incredibly arrogant Murkrow. There wasn't even anything of substance in his rantings, and before he embarassed himself any further Mark firmly stepped in, silencing the Gengar with a look and placing him back inside his pokeball. Stryker stayed, out, making a mental note to put this arrogant little bird in his place later.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Meanwhile, Matt joins Pyroclast in his preparations, breaking into the food supplies sent with the group, slipping scraps tol Mojave and Jormungandr to keep things clean and find out what Mojave likes most. Soon, a dinner customized to each trainer and 'mon out is prepared.
    "Ladies, gentlemen, pokemon, the first batch is ready. To ration our supplies for now, keep what pokemon you haven't sent out today in their balls until we serve the second batch."
    (1d6+7)[8]-think those are the numbers for Natural Cook.
    He begins work on a second batch shortly after. Soon, food for 20 people and 'mon is set out
    (Roll 2 was 12)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-02 at 04:50 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Koyomi, didn't take anything to eat. He wandered off from the group and found a quiet spot. Tapion and Zabuza would start to head after him, but Kenshin flew in front of them and held out his leek, stoping them from following. Tapion nodded in understanding, then placed his hand on the young Dewott and steered him to the food. Kenshin looked at Koyomi walking away, then followed his two team mates. He knew Kenshin better than anyone.

    As soon as Koyomi was by himself, he would take out his sword and slowly swing it through the air. He made some practiced movements, loosening his muscles and trying to relax. Whatever he had seen looking at that pokemons auras, it had deeply upset him. To him, aura was a visible manifestation of the soul. That black aura was full of malice, an evil soul. And it had used it's powers to corrupt and control others. That was unforgivable. And he needed time alone to think of what to do about it.


    (Taking my Yoga Break while we're stopped)
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ajadea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not Here

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Raban backhands (backwings?) the newly named Erik with his suddenly very hard and metallic wing. It doesn't cause harm, but it probably hurt. You may have been great in your little forest. Now you are here, and you will be trained. Now you are the weak one. You will obey your trainer and you will respect me. I'm stronger than you. We are ALL stronger than you. Got that? With that said, he flies back over and lands on a rock near Faith.

    Faith laughs at the mention of the alcove. "Terra's not quite that strong. She can make some rifts or ridges and generally mess up the terrain well enough to make it a pain for someone to walk over, maybe make about a hundred, hundred fifty, pounds of rock if I really push her, but she's no Regi and I'd rather not have her do the rock thing, it takes a lot out of her and a hundred pounds of rock doesn't go very far.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Mark decided to let Heimdall, Stryker and Erik out for the meal, deciding it would be better if Marshall didn't have to be there and besides he didn't eat anyway so there was no point.

    So it was that Stryker, Erik and Heimdall went over to see what was what with the meals. Mark also found his own vaguely-defined customised meal and set down to eat it with some degree of relish. GENERIC_FOOD_OBJECT, his favourite!

    No of course not, that was just messing. But still, he eats it anyway. It's rude to pass up on a meal cooked in such a fashion, after all. Stryker and Heimdall ate too, the meat they ate proving to be quite tasty and cooked to perfection. Matt was amazing at this. It was no vaguely-sourced caviar, fine wine or roast meats of the highest caliber and rarity but it was better than his own cooking.

    In preparation for the second helping, he brought out Fixer and Bertha, who immediately ate whatever Matt put in front of them, Fixer having adapted a special eating method to counteract the fact he has boxing gloves for hands. When they were all seated and eating, Mark decided to open the conversation. "I must say, this is seriously good food. Where did you learn to cook out in the wild like this?"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mura-neechan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Ferlyn would sigh as Izumi returned with no news. Coko's eyes widened at the call of something good to eat, although booth Ferlyn and Izumi clearly couldn't have cared less about it. Still via nudging, some of which felt like a steel ball tackling her leg, Ferlyn would move and grab her quick meal, and Coko's iron diet. Making certain that nothing was weird with either, she'd eat while moving away, looking back to where she originally entered. Ferlyn wasn't the type to sulk in a lot of deep thought, but right now she couldn't help herself. Mostly because she had a lot of unanswered questions, and that Medichan made her lose her focus. She'd bite her lip, as was a common way of supressing stupid thoughts as she put a hand on her hip, with her other on a cavern wall. After a moment of annoyed rest from her line of thought, she reached into her back, ripping out a few sheets of paper and started taking notes.

    "Let's see... Something psychic is happening, clearly. And someone is screwing with us, but they aren't actually affecting our pokemon. That could be by choice, or by design. With this much preparation, it's possible they knew this expedition was coming. If they did they were not overly prepared for it. Even worse if it was Rei-nee that had come... It could be their choice of wilds... but to sent out so many weak pokemon leads to question... why bother? If it's true whatever mastermind knew anything about us, it's also true that the mastermind knew about the wilds. So if one accepts... the only possibility is that the mastermind either didn't know how skilled we were, or just wanted to slow us down. Or is, again, screwing with us..."

    Ferlyn would peek at the notes she'd drawn up, some kind of convoluted flowchart/graph mixture. Sighing at herself she'd gently smack her head against the cavern wall.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    He smiles at the Captain's question. Considering the nature of the resources given, he was surprised at how easily it came together, honestly. Though he is waiting for the rest to eat to take his own fill, serving them first as Pyroclast keeps food warm. Though it can be hard to tell, the magmar was smiling as someone enjoyed his food.
    "I started learning shortly after Pyroclast hatched. Took to the food channel while I was getting my education and decided he wanted a show of his own, you see. From there, it was simply a matter of asking some friends for tips, and it just flowed together with my medical studies from there."
    He pauses and listens to Ferlyn.
    "They may be just gauging our skill, or have limited resources. Or maybe they have limitations of their power, had to choose between one large and powerful target or several weaker ones, and figured that several targets would be more likely to work than one big one that we all could focus fire on. If they're human, though, our course is simple-find out why and beat them down to the point they cannot do this again. If pokemon, we find out why, and act from there. Probably resorting to the same answer as if they were human."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-02 at 08:50 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ajadea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not Here

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Terra dug in to her own food eagerly, as did Buck. Getting Lily to eat anything took some coaxing, and she ended up mostly eating off Faith's plate. Again. Faith watches her dinner disappear into her Medicham's stomach, sighs, and takes a second helping to eat herself. "Sometimes I wonder why I even make the effort to give you food when I know you'll just eat mine," she tells Lily.

    "Whatever got all these Pokemon riled up, you have to realize, it didn't capture them. If they had been caught before, we wouldn't have three new Pokemon, the balls would just bounce straight off. So that pretty much rules out all your standard trainer sorts. So definitely a psychic. Problem is, that means we're now up against a psychic who can control Pokemon from long enough distances and who knows we just trounced ten decently-strong Pokemon in about one minute." Faith points out around a mouthful of food. "And it's a damn strong psychic too - it'd have to be, to control a Dark pokemon."

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    "Depending on the level of technological advancement of those on the other side of the mountain, assuming they exist that is, it is entirely possible that there is some kind of man-made device causing this kind of control. Of course, there is evidence to the contrary - the auras and the apricorns spring to mind - so it looks as if the only thing left is psychic control. An especially potent psychic control of that. I've heard rumours of exactly one Pokemon that has that level of psychic power but last I heard it's somewhere in Kanto." He leans forward over his half finished meal. "Odds are, it's something we've never seen before."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

    Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Raban's wing hurt - or more accurately, stung.

    This did not, however, seem to bother the mur... Erik terribly much, however. Raban, like Marshall, was just all you could really expect out of ones lessers. Amenable to ending the conversation there rather than continue to speak to Raban, he wingstepped away.


    Mojave dug into the meal with gusto. The scraps alone were very much unlike anything he'd ever tasted, and exceptionally delectable. He dug in with such fervor that it was kinda hard to tell if he liked anything in particular - although it was clear he wasn't terribly fond of sweet.


    The warm food and fire mixed with the soft sounds of Current as it rushed about the area were soothing, as the hour grew late. The distinct lack of other pokemon was still a little creepy, but at the moment, it seemed questions were best left for morning.

    (Does anyone have any actions they'd like to do before morning, or shall I advance it to 'It is morning and the group is moving through the cave again'?)
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Comes the Dawn

    The group's sleep was uneventful - if watches were kept, it was to no end. Those who hadn't slept in a cave before may have found it a bit rough to track the passage of time with neither sun, stars, nor any notification of the passage of time. Nonetheless, the hours passed, and eventually everyone was awake.

    Mojave and Erik, presuming either or both were out of their balls, had a somewhat peculiar morning ritual - they both stared north for a time, lowered their heads, and raised them at the same time. The murkrow then arrogantly wingstepped back towards Captain Ascher, while Mojave gave him a half-growl and returned to Matthew after drinking some water.

    After everyone had completed their morning business, it was back to going through the cave.

    Mojave seemed a lot more energetic than the day before in leading the party. Shortly after current (as Izumi had discovered before) were back to sized-for-Squagila, but Mojave seemed to have little trouble getting about through what seemed somewhat more mazelike than before. This time, the trek was almost five relatively solid and completely boring and uneventful hours of solid walking.

    The crystals from before were frequent enough that visibility was no longer an issue, with or without fire pokemon about. They seemed to retain their cold nature as the group passed by them. Occasionally, the group would pass small streams - but these remained firmly as gravity and physics decreed they should, and never interfered with the squamata's route - although the group did have to walk over an extremely thin sheet of running water once or twice.

    FInally, Mojave came to a brief halt near a sizeable tree - the first greenish thing the group had seen. It looked like it was composed of a ton of driftwood that had kinda merged together, but closer inspection shown that's just kinda how the bark grew. It was more or less a cedar with extremely few branches or foliage. The tree was pretty massive as was its particular chamber - about 40m tall, with a thick solid trunk. The bottom about six feet of trunk were scored almost innumerable times with slashes. On it, there were a healthy array of what looked like a hybrid between a pine cone and an apple. Said fruits were green in color.

    The room seemed to have a healthy amount of the crystals therein, which served to illuminate the tree (Although it's not like they were all pointing towards the tree or sommat).

    Also, from here the group can occasionally feel moving wind - which was very cold. Moving wind, of course, meant the exit was relatively nearby - which about synchronized with Mojave's suggestions as such.

    Mojave, for his part, attempted to nudge Matthew to the base of the tree shortly after the group noticed it.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Matt smiles as Mojave is happier around him, even encouraging him to try new things. He uses his cane to knock one that looks ready into a hand
    "These'll supplement our food supply quite a bit."
    Pulling out a foldable knife, he cuts out a slice and tries it. Fairly strong, so best raw. He shares more slices with his team.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Nyna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Kaori Matsuo

    Before settling in for sleep, Kaori would do what she always did: check in on the contents of her padded bag. She'd open it up, revealing the four eggs inside, and check each one carefully, gently wiping them off with a cloth before putting them back inside. Closing the bag, she'd put it back on Jin before setting out her bedroll, and the girl would sleep next to the big Rapidash, using him for warmth, rather than a more mundane, inconsistent heat source like a simple fire.

    Her sleep would be fitful and poor. While it wasn't as if she hadn't slept in a cave before, it was never a pleasant experience for a girl raised on a ranch with big, open fields under the large, open sky. Kaori would end up awake earlier than most, but as she didn't really feel like making conversation, she'd simply check on her eggs again, pack her bedroll up, and lounge against Jin idly. As such, the odd ritual by Mojave and Erik would find itself caught on camera, though the pictures were almost absently taken by the tired Kaori.

    After her very long morning, it was perhaps only natural that the girl would doze off here and there as they began their trek. She'd simply fall asleep on the back of Jin as they rode along, as if such a thing were completely natural, and not once was she in danger of falling off. Jin seemed quite capable of moving through the cave on his own, without direction, and doing so without disturbing his owner's sleep in the meantime. Of course, she woke up here and there regardless, but the sheer boredom of the trip would send her quickly back into dreamland.

    As such, of the two, it would be Jin who first noticed the tree, and he promptly snorted, moving his neck down. Kaori would promptly wake up from the more sudden movement, her eyes opening suddenly in alert, looking around, only for her to relax as she realized the situation. "A tree? Wind? Then are we almost outside? I sure hope so." And a couple of clicks later, her camera was back in its bag.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Koyomi sends Kenshin up to the top of the tree to knock down a few fruits. He didn't want to take the ones near the bottom incase the local pokemon fed on them, which was likely.

    'I rather enjoyed our stay in the cave. Done my old bones some good to rest on a hard surface like that.'
    It was true, Koyomi had slept like a baby. Having trained on Mount Silver, a nice cavern like this was a piece of cake.

    'But the wind does feel nice, doesn't it. A chance to fly in the sky again, eh Kenshin?' The bird pokemon simply continues gathering fruit. He was looking forward to the challenges ahead, but not wanting to show emotion in front of these strangers.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ajadea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not Here

    Default Re: Yup'ik

    Faith groans when she gets up. Unlike Koyomi, she had not slept well and had in fact been up at some hour that was probably far too early, not that it was even possible to tell, down in these forsaken caves. However, she trudges along without complaint, occasionally stopping to inspect a rock, through the twisting tunnels. She pockets one of them, a rather smooth oval-shaped one.

    "About damn time," she mutters when they get to the entrance. Buck nods in agreement, then scurries over to the base of the tree where Mojave is to see what the lizard is fussing about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •