Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 214
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Athas Unchained
    Chapter 1: Black Sun Rising

    OOC Thread

    A man clad in black smirks and with a wave of his hand, his cadre disappeared into the bazaar's crowd. The freshly-captured slaves, sitting in their wooden cages, are carted through the main street of Draj, toward the imposing clay-brick colosseum that lay in the center of the city's commercial hub: the Palace of Gladiatorial Combat.

    The jaunty sounds of bells and whistles abound in the bazaar of Draj, where arguments are heard among stall vendors and patrons. Children mock the slaves as they pass, running alongside the howdahs, now carted by two massive, golden-scaled crodlu. One slave remarks how the slavemaster should have let the mekillot rampage through the city. The tan-skinned mul that awoke each of you before entering Draj struts up and down within the cage. You notice that aside from him and the five of you, there are six more slaves within the barge.

    After much rustling, the crodlu soon slow to a stop and within moments, the rear of the cage has been opened, leading downward, into a tunnel. The tanned mul, who seems to be in charge of you, steps out first.
    "Alright, boys and girls. It's showtime. Follow me, and we'll get suited up." As he continues, he briefly stops to make note of one thing. "The master says that anyone who stays behind gets to play with the mekillot."

    The tunnel leads into a large, circular room furnished with tables, adorned with a great variety of bone and stone weapons. Various hides and shells are arrayed beside them. The mul leads you to a scarred, grey-haired man you recognize from the head of the caravan. Garbed in crimson robes, he sports a wicked-looking obsidian sword at his side.
    "Good work, Grot. Fall in line, skags." The mul steps to one side and sets to work handling the various weapons.

    "I don't care who you are or where you came from, but all men deserve to be free. All free men want to be entertained. That's what I do here. I provide the entertainment. Y'all are greener'n'an inix's backside, but for the ones that get lucky... if you get lucky... yer freedom's yours. Now I'm givin' you a choice. Step up to the mul beside me and he'll get you fitted for the Palace. For those of you not of Draj, lemme be the one to tell you this place'll likely be your graves. You might think you're hot crap, but that don't mean crap here. So, which one 'a you's first?"

    The man exits through one of the gates, closing it behind him. The tanned mul, named Grot, clears his throat.
    "The master's a good man. Do well in the battles, and he'll treat you in kind. Come on up and give me your name and what you can do. I'll try and get you something appropriate."
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-14 at 07:30 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg steps up, a little unsure how close she is supposed to come, and tries to do as she's told. She faces Grot squarely, and the words come flowing out: "Ah, I can hit things, hard. Like, with a maul or something. I can do that. Could I have some armour from a Mekillot or something? Or even chitin. That would help me fight better."

    Realizing she probably talked too much, she steps back sheepishly.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku was still dazed, he barely understood where he was. He stumbled forward. When large mul glared at him he meekly said, "I can make some water and move sand."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer walks forward nobly as he was still a free man. My name is Bathlazer Tempest, I cast divine spells, wear Shell chain mail armor or breastplate of mekillots, and I like longswords and alhulakt. But any simple weapon will suffice if 2 handed. Do you have one of those?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Grot looks to each potential as he passes and nods his head in acceptance after looking each one over.

    Grot grins at the half-giant and reaches into one of the weapon racks, speaking offhandedly as he rummages.
    "You sure are timid for a half-giant gal. I kinda like it. Anyway, don't you worry one bit. Ol' Grot here's got more weapons of mangulation than you could shake a stick at. Here we go, why don't you try these out for size?"
    Grot hands Meg a large, stone-headed hammer, it's long handle wrapped in treated leather. He also produces a mekillot shell breastplate and pauldrons, along with a wooden sword embedded with bone shards and a handful of wooden javelins.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Equipment Get!
    • Maul: 1d12 dmg, x2 Crit, 10 lbs, Bludgeon
    • Maquahuitl: 1d8 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 5 lbs, Slashing
    • 5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
    • Shell Cuirass and Pauldrons: +7 ac, +1 dex, -7 ACP, 20ft. move, 40 lbs



    Squinting at Dorroku, Grot rubs his chin before snapping his fingers and hurrying to grab some items from one of the tables.
    "Never thought I'd see a druid end up in chains. I'd say you've got a tough road ahead of ya', son."
    Grot drops several items into Dorroku's arms, consisting of a wooden sword embedded with glass shards, an object resembling a wooden pickaxe edged with two jagged bone blades, a springy shortbow and arrows, and a shirt made of what seems to be kreen chitin.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Equipment Get!
    • Maquahuitl: 1d8 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 5 lbs, Slashing
    • Impaler: 1d6 dmg, x4 Crit, 5 lbs, Piercing
    • Shortbow: 1d6 dmg, x3, 60', 2 lbs, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
    • Chitin Cuirass and Pauldrons: +5 ac, +2 dex, -3 ACP, 30% ASF, 30ft. move, 30 lbs



    Grot looks Bathlazer up and down, his eyes darting from shoulder to hand.
    "You ain't lying. You've got the physique of a spellcaster. I won't ask what kind, that belongs out in the arena. You've got some kinda problem overhead, am I right, boy? I figured as much, but you don't have to tell ol' Grot anything you don't want to. Now, let's see what I've got for you."
    Grot hands Bathlazer a wooden greatsword embedded with shards of bone and glass, a bone grappling hook attached to a length of rope, a longspear fitted with a mekillot tooth, a fistful of wooden javelins, and a shirt of kreenscale chitin and leather leggings.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Equipment Get!
    • Great Maquahuitl: 2d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 12 lbs, Slashing
    • Alhulak: 1d6 dmg, x3 Crit, 9 lbs, Pierce, Reach
    • Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
    • 5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
    • Chitin Cuirass&Spaulders, Leather Pants: +6 ac, +2 dex, -5 ACP, 30% ASF, 30ft. move, 40 lbs

      *The Alhulak is essentially a battle grappling hook/piton. It comes with 10' of hempen rope that can be used for other purposes.



    To all:
    Spoiler
    Show

    All weapons given to you, assume your class has proficiency with, as these are Dark Sun-setting weapons.

    -The tkaesali is effectively the same as a ranseur/longspear.
    -Any metal object will be treated as the same level of rarity as a magic item.
    -Wealth will go by Ceramic Pieces (equal to GP in the core books).
    -Grot likes honey.
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-15 at 01:12 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae steps forward, still seething with displeasure from captivity. Perhaps that was a test from the Nameless. Perhaps through the training and fighting he would know It, and It would know Itself. Perhaps he would grow stronger.

    Or perhaps he would grow dead.

    No, that wouldn't be happening, he told himself angrily. He would bear this for now... but as his fingers clenched, he wished he could have the power to make something burn. Fighting could, perhaps, help him vent his frustrations. "I am Ogalae. The Fire drives me, and strengthens those around," he says in a low tone, laden with simmering anger.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2012-03-15 at 07:49 AM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku gathers the equipment he is given and huddles off to the side. Confusion slowly cleared, Damn him, he must have drugged me... he thought to himself.

    He knew now that soon he would have to fight for his life. Slowly he put on the armor he was given. Then slung the bow and arrows over his shoulder and stashed away the other two weapons.

    If I had my wits when they were transporting his here... Slowly with severe concentration began to work a spell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dorrroku is preparing Sand pit.
    It takes a minute to cast so I'm hoping he can start now and then release on his first combat turn.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Grot called Ogalae over and looked him over.
    "Yeah, and I'm Grot. I keep stock, among other things. Now... let's see what we can get you. Hotheaded kid like you, I think you'll like these. I've got something right here."
    Grot produces and hands to Ogalae, four inix-tooth daggers, a carved stone club, a polished wooden staff, a sack of javelins, and a shirt and shinguards of boiled leather.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Equipment Get!
    • 4 Bone Daggers: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 10' increment, 2 lbs each, Slash/Pierce
    • Wahaika: 1d6 dmg, x2 Crit, 10' thrown increment, 3 lbs, Bludgeon, Disarm
    • Quarterstaff: 1d6/1d6 dmg, x2 Crit, 4 lbs, Bludgeon, Double
    • 5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
    • Leather Cuirass&Leggings: +3 ac, +2 dex, -2 ACP, 30ft. move, 20 lbs
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-15 at 11:44 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr approaches the Mul, greeting him politely though barely managing a smile under the circumstances.

    "I fight my best with a light weapon and light armor. A good shield wouldn't be missed either."

    The man gracefully extends a hand to the half-dwarf, bowing slightly.

    "The name's Jabr Jahalzrad."
    Last edited by ji9zo; 2012-03-15 at 11:53 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg takes the maul confidently from Grot's hand. It's not so much that she has a weapon now. She could have managed that any time. It's that she's going to get to fight now, use her strength to get her freedom, and no-one is going to stop her. It's going to work., she thinks as she loops the maul on her back.

    She gets busy right away checking over the armour she's going to wear, quickly and competently making sure everything is in good condition. She smiles as she runs her hands over the breastplate, and then she quickly slips into the armour. She makes sure she knows how the sheath on the sword works - she thinks it's a bother. Same deal with the javelins, which she thinks are more to threaten with than to actually hit a target at range.

    That done, she starts looking around at the rest of the group, her eyes lingering on Dorroku.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae nods, some of the tension in his voice fading away. "Let's see what there is, then," he says, as much to himself as to the mul, as he looks over the equipment.Except for all the showyness, it's not that different from what he'd been previously using. "Okay, I think I could kill someone with that."

    Daggers, inix bone. Not quite his thing, but he knew his way about them. Quarterstaff... eh, more of a traveler's thing, but serviceable. The reach could be handy. A good, solid club, now that was good. He wouldn't mind something a bit heftier like a mace, but maybe he could get one later. Javelins? He wasn't that used to them, but if he had some distance it could be better than nothing. The armor, well, better than nothing. Kill or be killed was the lesser problem: the bigger was that he wanted to get away from here as soon as possible.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2012-03-15 at 04:43 PM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer gives small slashes with the Great Maquahuitl then practices with his Alhulak, "All right, seems to work. Thanks for the armor and stuff, Grot and Mr. V"

    So am I really going to fight for these savages, Bathlazer thought. And these with me, are they trustworthy?

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Grot looks to Jabr and nods in turn, rummaging through several raiments and weapon racks.
    "You've got a good sense of judgment, bowing before your elders like that. Good looking kid like you, though, you might wanna watch your back in the pen. I know a couple of gladiators you won't wanna get too friendly with. Or maybe ya do; I'm not so good a judge of that kind of thing, since the arena's where I belong. Here, try these on for size."
    He hands the bard a wooden shortsword embedded with bone and tooth, a flail made of bone, a shield made from the top half of a crodlu's skull with a sharpened stone blade attached to the shield-face. Jabr is also presented with a set of boiled leather clothing.
    "Let me know if this doesn't fit right."

    Spoiler
    Show
    • Small Maquahuitl: 1d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 2 lbs, Slashing
    • Alhulak: 1d6 dmg, x2 Crit, 10' reach, 9 lbs, Piercing
    • Klar: +1 shield ac, -1 ACP, 6 lbs, 1d4 shield bash, x2, Piercing
    • Leather Breastplate, Armsleeve, and Greaves: +3ac, 0acp, +5dex, 30 lbs

      *alhulaks have 10' reach, are comprised of a hook and hempen rope, and may be used against adjacent foes.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr chuckles awkwardly as he accepts the combat gear and begins equipping himself.

    "Don't worry about me, I'm at least a bit tougher than I look."

    The bard accepts everything but the flail, handing it back to the Mul.

    "I'd rather not hang on to this if that's alright. If I'm going to survive out there I need to be quick on my feet and manouverable, something like this will just slow me down."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    After everyone is armed, Grot goes to equipping the two remaining slaves, handing one a tkaesali and the heaviest of armor, and the other being given a pair of maquahuitl.

    After a moment has passed, you all notice that three armed guards in mekillot shell armor adorned with vibrant feathers have arrived at the wooden gate to the east. One of them knocks several times to call attention to himself.
    "Good job, Grot. Head through the northern hallway. It's time. Oh, and try to put on a good show, maggots. King Atzetuk's watching."

    As he speaks, the opposing gates rattle for a moment before they are swung open seemingly of their own volition.
    Grot calmly smiles and wishes everyone good luck.
    "The arena's just down that corridor. Head on through once you hear the chanting."

    The sounds of warlike drums and singing coming from the darkened hallway start up almost immediately, nearly cutting Grot's speech off.
    "Guess that's your cue."

    The tunnel, lit by the shallow holes above you leaking down sunlight every four meters or so, ends at a set of wooden gates. The arena is visible on the outside: it is a sand-strewn pit filled with stone obelisks jutting out along the edges. The crowd's chanting becomes fiercer, and in moments, an announcer's voice can be heard.
    "Draji! May Tectuktitlay know triumph and glory! The Palace welcomes you! Our great king Atzetuk himself welcomes you! Today, He has granted us permission to set in motion your very own re-enactment of the historic conquering of Firstwatch by His Majesty Tectuktitlay! Behold! The god-king's army!"
    The crowd's savage nature is only intensified as a group of slaves garbed with feathered headdresses and pelts emerge from the opposite gate. The majority of them are muls. Behind them is a massive slave bearing a greatclub of wood, bone, and mekillot teeth. His headdress is arranged into the style of a Draji general's crown.
    "And the militia of Firstwatch!"
    A great booing comes before the gates are even opened. Rope pulleys swing the gates open for your group of ten. Two of the slaves you entered with have turned tail and run headlong into the tkaesalis of the arena's guards. From behind the guards, you can hear the slavemaster Valorus spit and then shout.
    "I paid a lot of ceramic for you bastards, now go out there and kill!"

    Upon exiting... the Palace's arena.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The doors open and Dorroku stumbles forward. Dorroku curses to himself as he hears the cheers. He looks at the floor and hopes it is sand in the arena.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-03-16 at 08:09 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer enters hoping this won't be too easy. He didn't want to get rusty.
    Though, he had to admit that it was a lot of men. It was going to be a bloody day. All praise Hamanu.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae visibly snarled as he felt the anger within him bubble. So, the militia, were they? No going back, then. Fire claim them, and their embers light our way, he spoke quietly, but forcefully before switching to a different language. "Hiribanu essil, alathru om marzzaul, suthar zmai. As he completed the ominous intonation, calling forth the blessing of flame on him and his, his companions could feel an urging within them to go forth and lay waste to those in their way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bless, y'all: 1 minute and counting.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2012-03-17 at 06:15 AM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr inhales deeply to calm himself and silently begins his war-dance. Starting off slowly but speeding up as the dance continues until he reaches what appears to be his terminal velocity, spinning and slashing the air with his Maquahitl, prepared to defend himself from any missile attacks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Inspire Courage battle dance (+1 against charm and fear and on attack and damage rolls) and taking total defense to raise my AC to 22.

    Edit: Since they're all in range I may as well try to fascinate one of them too. I'll go for Bruce Campbell, since he's probably the greatest threat here. DC is 14, pretty sure it should work since there's no combat happening currently.
    Last edited by ji9zo; 2012-03-17 at 03:18 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg looks at the enemy with a start - she wasn't really expecting the fight to start so soon, but this is what she trained for. When she hears the explanation for the fight and sees the enemy numbers, all her anxiety about who she'd have to fight burns off into a determination to make this a fair fight - by pounding a few of the opposing big guys into the dust.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The nearby tari looses an arrow from his bow, hitting the dualwielding mul in his bicep. He looks a little upset and begins a charge. He swings wildly; he may be drug-addled, by his demeanor. He slips up at the end of his charge and his swords strip cuts along Meg's arm and shoulder by happenstance.

    Spoiler
    Show

    He hits for 8 damage and is diagonally NE from Meg, 2 squares north of Jabr.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    (you said post actions and you'll work around us so here goes)
    Bathlazer 5 ft steps behind Meg then bestows on Meg a blessing: Strength surge.
    Feel the power of my Lord!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength surge grants Meg a +1 melee bonus to hit or CMB checks for 1 full round.

    I'll likely heal next round as my channel heals in 30 ft area and the bad guy is too close.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    The confusion of the melee engulfs the young druid. His first thoughts of trying to bury everyone is put aside as survival becomes more important. He runs to a pillar for cover. He can still feel the magic inside him. He needs to release it before it falls apart.

    Spoiler
    Show

    He is moving to the second pillar to the left for cover. His plan is to sink their range support with the Sandpit spell.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg wasn't expecting to get hit just then. Not by that guy - he didn't look competent, and she's in armour. But however it went, now she's in a melee. Her job is to take this guy out. That's what will protect the people with her. So she tries to crush him with her maul. There's no need to get reckless about this. Just do the job, and drop this guy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit (1d20+7)[27]

    Damage (1d12+7)[10]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The battle has now truly begun: amidst the birthing fury of the battle, Rieken steps forth and launches a stone, hitting the mul threatening nearby square in the cheek, beneath his left eye. The flap of skin and bone rings in the air and from this moment, tensions begin to heighten as a mul in leather, wielding a maul comes in to close the distance, brandishing his weapon threateningly. A man in shell armor, surrounded by javelins does nothing, but seems to be deep in trance. At this moment, Xiro launches an arrow in the direction of the mul, but his hand slips during the draw and the arrow plinks into the sand five feet from Kite's left. In the midst of the commotion, a lithe man wielding daggers takes a javelin in hand and tosses it as far as possible. The javelin takes great distance and with the force of the throw behind it, splinters upon impact of Bathlazer's mekillot shell armor. The man quickly sidesteps behind the cover of the pillar to his right. With the light of Bath's blessing upon her, Meg grits into her position and takes a swing that catches the enemy mul beside her square in the ribs; there is a satisfying crunch as stone meets bone and the man's knees wobble. He seemingly sobers up. A bearded man wielding a tkaesali and shield raises his shield in a defensive stance. He seems to know what he is doing and anticipates the worst. Behind him, a mul armed with a shortbow aims it to the sky and looses an arrow that does not take well to the distance and hits the sand halfway across the arena. As he quickly shuffles directly to the left of the tari rogue, Argath sinks an arrow into the thigh of the maul-wielding mul closest to him.

    @Shugyosha:
    Spoiler
    Show

    I need a caster check and affected area next round from Dorroku. One minute should have passed between the beginning of your casting and that moment.
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-20 at 08:40 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae

    Ogalae moves diagonally left to take position behind the pillar, and focuses his will to prepare himself better for the upcoming melee. Ul Sumsu Lalal Abahazag!, his voice comes Igisum men emuq, wasu dannumzu, lukur um nahasu!

    ((Five foot step diagonally forward and left, casts divine favor.)

    To those who know ignan:
    Spoiler
    Show

    ((nameless one from on high, who radiates power! Grant me a part of your strength to smite the enemy!))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2012-03-21 at 09:42 AM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The second long-bearded man on the opposing field also raises his shield, taking a step back to prepare himself. A tussle-haired youth wielding a great maquahuitl begins to dance around the arena, making his way diagonally across the battlefield towards his dual-wielding comrade.
    The blessing of the oracle Ogalae fills your party, a strange occurrence. At that moment, the warrior Kite steps between the security of two obelisks, Skav to his right, and fires off an arrow that catches the approaching maul-wielder in the shoulder. The man seems to shrug it off as he continues in his menacing approach.
    The man wielding a greatclub of tooth and bone grimaces and roars at the top of his lungs.
    "Get over there and rip them apart, you idiots! Aesil! Marrik! Go!"
    At his order, the two hulking warriors on either side of the enemy field move forward.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-21 at 05:41 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg has to steel herself against just staring in disbelief. This odd looking guy just took a solid blow to the ribs, and that after taking an arrow. He's still going. His first hit had better have been a lucky blow. He's committed to the melee now though, same as she is.

    If there's an adjacent enemy, Meg hits whoever hit her most recently. If no-one is adjacent, she takes a 5' step to hit someone if possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
    To confirm possible crit (1d20+6)[11]
    To damage (1d12+7)[8]
    Possible crit (1d12+7)[17]


    If there are no nearby targets, Meg decides to use Vigour (5 temporary hit points). If she's a target today, she's going to stay up as long as she can to deal damage right back.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer realizes the bad guy is good at dodging and decides he better show how it is done.
    I am required to kill, so I kill. That is enough
    He swings his alhulak 2 handed in a wide arc and attempts to hits the guy (K) in the side.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hopefully someone will kill the guy so I can heal wounded with channel.
    (1d20+3)[10]
    (1d6+3)[6]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr runs at the nearest opponent, slashing with his shortblade as he continues to spin and twist around as part of his battle dance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging K or J if K is already dead by the time it's my turn. Should be able to make it to J since my base speed is 40 while dancing.

    To hit - (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[7]
    AC down to 16 for this round.

    Just realized it wouldn't be a charge if I attacked K so ignore the +2 to hit and -2 AC if I do.
    Last edited by ji9zo; 2012-03-22 at 01:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •