Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 214
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    It was now or never. Dorroku could feel the power building up. Any more time it would surely fizzle. Rushing from his hiding place, the young druid runs forward getting as closes as he can before the power of nature is released.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move 2 to the right 6 up (2 diagonal steps)

    30 ft radius with a 30ft range making the edge at Dorroku's feet. The center somewhere between H and D. J, K and E should not be touched by this.

    Crossing my fingers...

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    As the fight continues, the spectators jeer at the small tari who manages to catch the charging maul-wielder by surprise, his arrrow catching the man in his throat, spilling blood as he drops face-first into the sand.

    The dual-wielding mul that has since traded blows with your group of ten now looks furious. He swings both of his maquahuitls furiously, bringing them down over Meg's head, the shards of bone stripping flesh from one side of her face and shoulder just short of reaching bone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 damage to Meg. He rolled REALLY low damage.

    Seeing her newfound companion's distress, Rieken lashes out at the mul with her trisection staff. The mul anticipates the attack and deflects the heavy strikes.

    The opposing human who up until now had been mumbling something to himself is now surrounded by a tangible shell of foglike light. He smugly grins in Kite's direction as he reaches for one of his many javelins.

    The lithe human that has been hiding among the obelisks on the arena's right side sprints to the next point of cover, his head poking out as he seems to observe the battlefield.

    One after another, Jabr, Bathlazer, and Meg, all create a barrage of swings against the broken-ribbed mul. With all the tenacity and prowess one expects of his kind, the mul shrugs off each blow, dancing and parrying blows.
    "Ickle bugsies ain't can catch me! Too slow, slow! Come taste Shale's blades! Kill! Vermin!" The mul's ire rises; his pores are gushing sweat and his teeth are chattering between words.

    The twin shieldbearers on the opposing field take a simultaneous step forward and lock shields, chanting hoo's and rah's, their own voices matching the fury of the crowd. They seem to be expecting a sudden charge, and the crowd is at the edges of their seats.

    Behind the two shielded savages, the greatclub-wielder becomes agitated and swings his club, striking the mul beside him in the chest with the massive weapon. The strike seems to be in earnest, and the club-wielder roars into the mul's face as the latter winces in pain from the blow.
    "Get over there and kill them! All of you! Now!"
    His final word rings in the sky above all of the chanting and frantic cries.

    Meanwhile, the mul Shale turns from his duel with Meg, Bath, and Rieken to watch the former scene unfold and is caught by Argath's tkaesali. The thri-kreen cleanly severs the mul's upper torso from the rest of his body, and with a sigh, Shale gracelessly topples over, his blood staining the sand a deep red.

    After Dorroku's spell shakes the very land itself, the enemy group looks visibly shocked as they find themselves lowered a full thirty feet in a matter of seconds. The greatclub-wielding man is visibly furious at this juncture and pounds what is left of the arena floor with vigor.

    "Marrik's-a-comin' for ya!" The gravelly voice rings from the pit. There are grunts and sounds that make it seem as though someone is trying to climb up the ledge of sand. "Gonna make me a new mouse-skin hat!"
    "Aesil's gonna make you squeal like pigs!"

    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer sees that the enemy are cowards are staying back (and fell in that Sand spell). He decides to buff his alllies starting with the bug Argath.
    Now grow my bug friend, grow!
    Spoiler
    Show

    He casts Enlarge Person increasing Argath +2 size Str, manufactored/natural weapon size, and reach. But -2 Dex and -1 AC from size.

    Then 5 ft steps to square above himself.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Something twinges in Meg's heart as she watches the druid go forward to shape the sand. Respect. An urge to protect. Wait. He's out in front of everybody. And she can't take much of a beating anymore, not and be able to hit back.

    Meg concentrates on her body, letting power flow through her flesh until she glows with renewed vitality. Time to move towards the new front line.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting Vigor for 5 temporary hit points, then moving diagonaly up and left, then three more up (20' total).

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae runs sideways, keeping to the sides of the arena, towards the isolated enemy. He moves quickly, rashly, and yet with unexpected balance as he surges towards the lone foe. "Girru Ikalum Habar, Wardum!" He shouts.

    ((double move towards E, east to NE, so my character can keep the columns between him and the other ones and close in to enemy E)

    Ignan tranlsation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flame devour you, worthless one!
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr's dance continues, though he does not. He spins on the spot in a defensive position, while he considers what to do next. Who now? Perhaps into the pit?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking total defense again for 22AC.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Not too sure if it is Dorroku's turn but I don't want to slow this game.


    Seeing Meg hurt he rushes to her and tries to help her.

    The yound druid suggests, "We have these dead bodies, we could throw them into the pit and hope the land on someone."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Cast CLW on Meg
    (1d8+1)[8]
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-03-27 at 10:04 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The pit seems to be doing it's job at keeping the foes at bay, and the crowd sits in a huddled silence as they anticipate the next occurrence. There is some light applause, particularly from the nobles' and mages' sections, for the young druid.
    The king himself seems to be enjoying the display and chuckles at the turn of events.

    You seem to have gained a brief respite for yourselves this round.
    As Skav the Tari looses his arrow, the enemy hiding behind pillars quickly ducks back, and the arrow shatters against the stone obelisk. The man, his chin as impressive as his stealth, quickly ducks from his hiding place and hurls one of his javelins in the oracle Ogalae's direction. The javelin hits him squarely in his right shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ogalae takes a total of 7 damage


    @Skav, Xiro, and Argath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you notice the sound of shifting sand and see a maul peak over the sandpit and scrambling after it, a mul in shell armor who barely makes it out of the pit. He doesn't look like he's doing anything other than getting his footing at the moment.


    New Arena Map
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-27 at 06:19 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer sees an enemy hurts Ogalae and will not stands for it.
    So he charges over there (right beside tan circle so charging diaganally) and whacks at the man E with his Alhulak.
    For Justice.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Charges, +2 hit, -2 AC.
    (1d20+4)[5]
    (1d6+3)[5]

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg too is not happy about people who hit one of the casters she is protecting. Time to stop more damage by stopping those guys over there.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If E is still alive, charge E.
    If not, if she can see C, charge C.
    If not, if she can attack I, move action to I and attack (2 less attack in that case).

    Attack (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage (1d20+7)[19]
    Confirm possible crit (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage possible crit (1d20+7)[16]


  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The fight is still confusing for the young druid. He's unsure what to do, who help, or who to attack. He looks around for an easy target. He points to the one that just got out of the pit and shouts to the warrior he just healed, "There!"

    Dorroku continues to look for something he can do.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If E is not engaged then he will shot an arrow at E.
    (1d20+2)[11] to hit
    (1d6+1)[6] damage
    (1d20+2)[11] crit
    (1d6+1)[5] damage

    If C is not engaged then he will Windblast him back into the pit.
    If I is out of the pit then he will Windblast him back into the pit
    If not then he'll move to get into position to Windblast someone into the pit

    (1d20+4)[24] windblast (ranged bullrush)

    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-03-30 at 02:50 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae yelps from the pain, then shouts in anger Lu xul, Barra!* . His eyes flare with hatred, but he retains enough awareness to temper his anger. He makes a few flowing gestures with his right hand (changing the hand with which he holds his weapon for a second) and intones Girru ilu lasumsu, taputtu ni. As the power fortifies him, he streaks towards the man on the side, planning on catching him in a trap with his allies. At the same time, he tries to move in a way so that the columns shield him from his enemies.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: Trash talk in Ignan
    Standard action: Casting CLW on himself, heals (1d8+1)[3]
    Move action: move directly left of E - with 40 ft speed I should have no problem.


    For those who know Ignan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *: Begone, villain!
    **: Nameless god of flames, aid me.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2012-03-30 at 04:40 AM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Skav looses an arrow in the direction of the maul-wielding mul in the northeastern corner of the arena, finding his mark in the muscular half-dwarf's neck. The mul seems to be irritated, but nothing more, as the bit of obsidian protrudes from his neck.

    The crowd suddenly comments that Rieken's stone must have been blessed by the old emperor, since her stone suddenly curves into the pit and strikes the enemy closest to her on the top of the skull, causing him to lose a handhold in his climb.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats. Enemy I drops down 5 feet in his climb.


    Meanwhile, Xiro has a vision. The glowing human in the pit takes several steps forward before stopping. He seems to be searching for something, and suddenly stares at the vitalist. A throaty, hollow voice resounds in his ears, but the sound is not heard by any other in the arena.
    "I HAVE FOUND YOU."
    Xiro's mind is suddenly racked by an intense pressure that quickly fades.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xiro takes 4 damage


    Meanwhile, the large-chinned rogue, keeping his back to the obelisk, draws another javelin. Licking one end of the weapon, he hocks it in Ogalae's direction once again, catching the oracle off-guard, the javelin finding it's mark in Ogalae's breast, sending him to his knees. The man grins and takes cover once again, but his hiding spot is no longer safe; you've all seen him drop Ogalae.
    "Sorry kid, but this is the way the game is played!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 damage for 0 HP. Ogalae's disabled. Your healing spell will bring you back up to 3 and healthy, but that'd end your turn this round. Upon healing the wound, you'd remove the javelin and seal the wound with a warm touch.


    Bathlazer's charge is futile as his alhulak swings just short of the rogue, but succeeds in granting Meg an opening: as the rogue steps out of the way of Bath's flail, he is completely unprepared as Meg's maul comes down over his head. Wide-eyed, he lets out a blood-curdling scream as the stone hammer splits his skull at the crown. The crowd's frenzy is whipped up. Out of the corner of your eyes, you can make out a group of hooded folk in black cloaks among the commoners' section clapping politely at your efforts. The rogue's body falls limply against the obelisk.

    Argath sprints forward, his kreen legs carrying him near the edge of the pit; his arm, however, is not as sharp, and his tkaesali comes too shallow of hitting the foe in front of him. In fact, the enemy grabs hold of the shaft of Argath's weapon and slides right in front of the barbarian, locking blades with him.
    "You're not bad, kreen, butchou ain't got jack on me!"

    The man that seems to be leading the enemy group, armed with his greatclub, charges up the sloping wall of sand, shouting "Must I do everything myself!?"

    Dorroku's blast of wind sends the half dwarf falling backwards into the pit. A loud snap can be heard amidst his cry, and the mul can be heard grunting and groaning as he begins ascending once again.

    The half-giant closest to Skav and Kite comes lumbering over the edge of the pit, greatclub slung over his shoulder as he looks around.
    "Marrik's found you, little men."

    Arena Map

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr dashes gracefully forward, towards the pit of sand. He strikes at the half-giant climbing the pit with his blade.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while, my ISP is being a bitch. Charging to the southern most tip of the pit for my first turn (basically 1 down and to the left of D) and attacking D assuming he's within reach.
    To hit - (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[3]
    AC at 16.


    The dancer then strikes at the beast again, whipping his blade around above his head and bringing it down at the giant's chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking D again for my 2nd turn.
    To hit - (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[4]
    AC back to 18.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    The second the immediate threat is ended with a maul swing, Meg has to look around to figure out what to do. She doesn't want to leave Dorroku standing there alone, but the guys with mauls and greatclubs are surely the most dangerous - and they are over there. Then with a flash of insight, she thinks that when she finishes the big guys, if the others get in trouble, she can come at their opponents from behind. So, she starts moving into position, and softly yells back to Dorroku "Sure, got him." She's doing her job, she's fighting well, and it feels good.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging C, or moving next to him and readying a standard action to hit if he's in the pit still. In that last case, -2 to hit, but no AC penalty.

    Attack: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d12+7)[11]
    Possible crit confirm: (1d20+8)[13]
    Possible crit damage: (1d12+7)[17]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer moves 4 spaces to his left and attacks G with his Alhulak "For the Ponies!"
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[21]
    (1d6+3)[6]

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    When he saw the dwarf fall back, Dorrorku smiled slightly. He was still not liking his situation, but at least he was contributing to the group. He looked around at what else he could do.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If there is a suitable target, he'll move into position to sand blast them back into the pit.

    (1d20+4)[10] range bull rush

    If not he'll hold his action until someone comes out of the pit and then wind blast them back in.

    forgot the +1 from the bless should be +5 instead of +4 for a big 11. Not that it will matter much.

    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-04-02 at 11:34 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Kite's arrow from the previous round pegs the half-giant in the space between the base of his neck and right shoulder. The half-giant seems to just shrug off the obvious pain as he continues in his display.

    Skav the tari's quick display catches Merrik off-guard, and his blade draws much blood from the half-giant's side, causing him to roar out in pain. Using the moment as cover, Rieken dashes in for the strike, landing three quick punches against the half-giant's solid skin, the flat packing sound resounding through the arena. However, the punches felt light to Rieken, as though she didn't put enough force into the blows.

    Xiro once again receives a vision of the human in the pit that shouted into his mind. However, the mental image quickly fades just as the vitalist hears the beginning of a sentence. Shrugging off the failed mental attack, Xiro directs his knack at the great maquahuitl-wielding man, who seems to undergo a severe fit of gagging before he restabilizes.

    @meemaas:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He made the check; I've been having the guy in the pit attack you, but you've made all but one save thus far.


    Jabr's whirling dance brings him close to the half-giant. His blade comes down just over the half-giant's shoulder, cleaving a gash into the muscle.

    Meanwhile, Bath's pony warcry catches the climbing enemy off guard. Nearing the peak, he shouts, "what the hell is a ponies?" before being caught in the crown with one of the alhulak's serrated edges. Stunned, he falls from his ascent and hits the hard sand below with an audible snapping sound before going silent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats. You killed him with falling damage and ponies.


    The man's bearded ally shouts at his friend's death and continues his ascent, roaring with tears streaming down his face.
    "They killed Leon!" he cries.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Argath, you get an attack of opportunity as this guy climbs out of the pit. Please post your AoO attack/damage roll.


    As he sneaks his way out of the pit, Skav notices the enemy warrior that had, until now, remained out of the battle beside the greatclub-wielding man wearing the general's crown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO is applicable. Please post your AoO attack/damage roll.


    "Don't know Jack? Well, I'm the guy that killed Jack, bug-eyes!" As Argath deals with the climbing enemy, the great-maquahuitl-wielder goes in to cut the thri-kreen in half, but comes short in his swing.
    Coming in close, Kite takes a swing with his great maquahuitl, the tip of the blade just coming short of the half giant.
    Deciding he'd need to deal with the enemies around him before he could deal with the "little mouse," Merrik takes a swing at Jabr, but the dancing bard's movements are too swift for the menacing fighter. The crowd lets out a brief gasp as his club comes just short of the dancer's head.

    As the twice-beaten mul comes scrambling up the pit's edge nearest the rightmost pillar, he's greeted by Meg's dominating shadow over his head; the last thing he sees before being crushed under the weight of her maul is the fire in her eyes. The mul clenches his fists in response to the blow and drops limp against the ground of the pit. A pool of blood gathers around the back of his skull.

    After the round:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I need: a perception check from Skav.
    I need: Argath and Skav's AoO's rolled.


    Map As It Stands

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg is still feeling good - she feels unstoppable. She snaps another look around, and it looks to her like Bathlazer has everything under control. The others are safe. Time to deal with this arrogant human. Meg steps deliberately around the pillar and swings.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action left around the pillar towards A, and then attack A.

    Attack (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage [roll]1d12+7[roll]
    Possible crit confirm (1d20+6)[13]
    Possible crit damage (1d20+7)[10]

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    Summoning up the desert wind, the sand druid tries to blast the one in front of Argath.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+5)[6] Wind blast (ranged bullrush)

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer is excited that his comment has brought the whiney of victory against his foe. He attempt to cleave now into the nearby F.
    Now you shall feel what I am cooking.
    Spoiler
    Show

    hit - (1d20+3)[4]
    damage - (1d6+3)[6]

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr spins and slashes at "Merrik", is blade whistling as it slices through the air.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking D. Ending performance this turn too, I should have uh... 3 or 4 rounds left of it today? Anyways...
    To hit - (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[8]

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    As the battle wages on, Rieken's expertise with her family's weapon of choice shows. The bone weapon connects with Merrik's shoulderblade, causing the half-giant great pain.

    In the pit, the human psion covered in a sphere of light manifests once again, entering Argath's mind this time, projecting an image that produces a wave of immense pain the thri-kreen manages to shrug off.

    Spinning his blade into the half-giant's thigh, Jabr notices his speed declining as he ends his dance, causing his blade to fall short of touching the Merrik.

    Attempting to cleave the foe at the bottom of the pit, Bathlazer comes about thirty feet too high from his target, looking to the crowd as though he were swatting flies. This garners some applause and laughter from the nobles' section.
    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, just had to type it.
    But these guys are in a pit where you're 30ft above them. And from what you can tell, this guy just doesn't feel like coming out of his nice hole where he can just sit back and try to mind-snipe people.


    Circling around the nearby obelisk, Meg delivers a crushing blow to the man in the feather-headdress, her maul smashing into his ribs with a loud snapping.

    The mul nearby Skav manages to tumble to the side of the tari. In his roll, he attempts to strike the rogue with his maquahuitl, but comes out missing by a hair's breadth.

    Argath's strike against the climbing enemy hits home, catching the climbing human in his clavicle. He continues up out of the pit and slashes at Argath with his short maquahuitl, which the thri-kreen is able to bat away with ease. His raking attacks, however, are merely caught against the great-maquahuitl-wielder's blade.

    The man wielding the great maquahuitl pushes the sword into the Argath's torso, tearing away some of his chitinous hide.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A grand total of 9 damage


    Ogalae sits in patience, catching his breath as Kite plunges his bone spear into the half-giant Merrik's chest, causing him to fall to his knees, clutching at the wound as he groans into unconsciousness. Judging by the blood-loss, he won't survive the coming minutes.

    Dorroku's windblast once again falls short of sweeping the great-maquahuitl-wielder's hair.
    Surprised that he could be wounded so, the feathered warrior steps into a typical batting position and lets rip, his bone-and-tooth greatclub sinking into Meg's ribs. The audible snaps and crunches make several spectators wince.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 7 damage. By my count this would put Meg at 2 HP, correct?



    Current Map
    (OOC: D is down, but still living, hence the lack of a black X.)

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg gives out a clipped but quite audible cry of pain, which is followed by an immediately suppressed attempt at wincing - as much from the spectator's reaction and the failure of the armour she had counted on to protect her. Still, she's taken worse hits than this before, and this one was mostly soaked up by the discipline induced vigour she'd had time to defend herself with. If this guy wants to make this a straight out exchange of blows, he's fighting with the wrong girl. "Pony kick to the guts!" she yells, bringing her maul back into action.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+6)[25]
    damage (1d12+7)[10]
    possible crit confirm (1d20+6)[12]
    possible crit damage (1d12+7)[8]

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Black Thri-Kreen


    A black thri kreen stand up from the crowd, his face painted with a white skull design, around him stand men and elves in black cloaks

    As he stands he addresses the crowed with a booming voice.

    "You people have been chozen to witnez what happenz here today. Ve are not heree for yaour poor or hungree, yaour tirred and sikk. It iz thoze beings of evil that we hunt down. The true aim of theze battles iz only to distrackt you vrom the oppression you have been placzed under, one that could be thraown off ezily as the zweat on yaour toiled browz. Today ve reveal to you a paower that var surpazez that ov yaour ssso-called God King, a paower that you all pozesssss. Zee how he sitz apart from you, looking down on you az iv you are lez then vermin. Today ve vipe out hiz rain. Today hiz bloodc vill vlow like vater in the dayz ov oldc."

    As he speaks, his hands move in diffent motions and at the close of his speech he points to one of the men garnished in all black directing "zialaz, go now iz the time."

    Spoiler
    Show
    here is the theme song for this character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxulKVe0sM
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2012-04-12 at 01:48 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr pauses for just a moment a moment as he notices the black Thri-Kreen rise in the crowd. He then hurries over to his next target, the human with the mullet. He strikes at him quickly with his short blade.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking H, moving around beside Argath.
    To hit - (1d20+3)[11]
    Damage - (1d6+1)[3]

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer hurries over to help Argath as he can't hit F in ther pit (5 ft step down). He swings at I, "Now I shall hit you!"
    Spoiler
    Show

    hit - (1d20+3)[21]
    damage - (1d6+3)[8]

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    No one seemed to help Meg out there by herself. The young druid had to help. He'd never liked using a bow but it was the only thing he had that was going to help her. He aimed and fired.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+4)[14] to hit
    (1d6+1)[5] damage
    (1d20+4)[19] crit
    (2d6+2)[9] crit damage

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    In the Stands
    The crowd is now screaming in terror as the human the black kreen identified as Silas manifests a large amount of glowing energy around himself before shouting a jumbled mass of words in the direction of the god-king, Atzetuk. Visible force is directed at the king's tower, which crumbles with a cloud of dust as the stones shatter from the force. Silas can be seen briefly falling backwards into the spectators seated before him.

    The Jaguar Knights that surround the spectators now close in on the group of black-cloaked psions, their battle of powers and swords being deflected at all parts of the arena. Several people are knocked back by a stray force manifestation and fall into the sand-filled pit, screaming. Atzetuk himself draws a maquahuitl and descends from his seat.

    In the Arena
    Skav seems to be doing his own battle against the remaining mul warrior, skittering about in the sand as he lays a powerful blow against the fighter.

    Nearby, Rieken's flurry against the bearded warrior connects with his armor; the punches are still too shallow to deal sufficient damage.
    Xiro's meditation mends the wound on Argath's chest; the kreen can feel his chitin hardening over the gash.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Restored 3 hp


    As Jabr's blade comes swooping down, it collides with the tussle-haired man's great maquahuitl; the two men inadvertently deflect one anothers' attacks.

    Bathlazer's tkaesali, however, finds it's mark in the spiky-haired man's back, causing him to fall to one knee, coughing up blood.

    Her maul once again sinking deep into the raging greatclub-wielder's already wounded ribs, Meg feels the satisfying squish of pulping flesh.
    Dorroku, coming to her aid, looses an arrow that shatters against the man's shoulderplate, barely missing the veins in his neck.

    Argath's claws cut deep into the man's throat and stomach, drenching the arena in more blood.
    "Good job. I never thought... I'd be done in like this."

    Tears streaming down his face for his fallen comrade, the bearded man strikes once more, lunging his maquahuitl into Argath's broken chitin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 6 damage, Chained_Birds. By my count, this puts Argath at 5?


    Raging, frothing at the mouth and nearly fallen over from pain, the wildman beside Meg looks as though he might have crawled from hell. He brings his greatclub around his head, ripping horizontally into Meg's shoulder, sending her straight into the stone obelisk behind her and shattering most of his greatclub against it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meg took 9 damage. Sadly, that puts her at -7 and Unconscious. I need a Constitution Check. Since the forum roller's been acting up for our game, go ahead and make 2.


    The commoners that survived the fall, injured and frightened beyond their wits, begin to make for the exit, where the old mul, Grot, now fumbles with the lock, covered in weapons and wearing his mekillot shell armor. He shouts,
    "Fall back! If you want freedom, now is the time!"

    Updated Map.
    (Epic Sith on Guard battle not shown.)

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae groans quietly and rolls in a way to put the nearest column between him and the rest of the fight. He stands up, using it for support, and calls an invocation to his patron between gritted teeth, asking for energy and mending of his wounds. He gasps at the pain of his flesh being cauterized - apparently, the greater the damage, the harsher the cure. Still, he is healed - somewhat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move action: stand up
    5-foot step
    Casts CLW on himself, heals (1d8+1)[5] HP
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •