Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 214
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    The caravan merchants seem on edge, but complacent with your concern. A turban-wearing woman garbed in heavy robes riding near master Grodvar and Makkom turns and whispers something to the hawk-eyed guard.

    After passing a corner, you all notice the sounds of hurried footsteps and notice a small group running in the same direction down an alley to your right.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a second survival check to continue shaking them off

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr looks around himself worriedly, somewhat unaware of what was going on.

    "Surely they won't try to attack us again, will they? After they were so sorely beaten before?"

    He keeps an eye out for the elves, suspicious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival - (1d20-1)[11]

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+9)[21] survival

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg is uncertain. She's got a bad feeling about this. She disagrees with Jabr, and her face says as much, but she doesn't want an argument. Nobody else seems inclined to go after those elves, so she concentrates on getting the caravan to safety.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival: (1d20+2)[15]

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    "Not sure," Ogalae mutters, his eyes dancing from one figure to the next. "But perhaps they want to lure us out. We shouldn't allow them that, especially with someone wounded."

    Spoiler
    Show
    survival: [roll]1d20-1[/roll]
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2012-07-24 at 05:41 PM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer is hoping he is wrong about the elves attacking.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Survival - (1d20+0)[19]

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    Turning left the young druid head in what he feels is the safest direction.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg follows Dorroku's lead. She's still got a bad feeling about this, as she doesn't feel in any shape to protect these people if those elves get serious about this with reinforcements and all.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Turning to the left, you notice a large gate - the same gate you remember when you were brought into Draj. There is a large group of people fighting at the gates, psionics being manifested left and right, and blood being shed by all persons, the cries of the frightened and injured growing in intensity as you draw near.

    To your right, you notice the elves chasing you have emerged from the alley, but are quickly dispatched as they are caught midst a duel between a half-giant and a group of Draji eagle warriors, arrows and stone mauls piercing and crushing your persistent persuers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Close to freedom! I need everyone to make a reflex save and a perception check.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Well, this is the way out. And the elves have something better to do with an arms master if they still have one. And the only thing to do is just keep going. But she's not liking the chances of being dropped by something not even aimed at her. Still, keep going is the thing to do, so she does.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex (1d20-1)[1]
    Perception (1d20+6)[24]

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr continues walking awkwardly towards the gate, the arrow clearly irritating him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex - (1d20+5)[13]
    Perception - (1d20-1)[12]

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    A mul armed with macuahuitl and shield stomps the ground, releasing a psychokinetic wave that catches Meg and a stray eagle warrior in it's midst.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d4)[3] nonlethal damage


    Jabr, looking to his left, quickly dodges a second array of glass shards being violently thrown with telekinesis.
    Makkom quickly beheads a wild-eyed man armed with an obsidian dagger.
    "Well," he shouts in your group's direction. "You've taken a job, now do it!"

    Jabr and Meg's perception results:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You both see the following:

    • Three eagle knights 30' to your left, armed with swords and bolas. They don't look friendly, and are combating a mul/half-giant pair. They're right on top of you.
    • Five muls and Six Humans northeast of your position, engaged in a bloody brawl. They're about 40' away from your group.
    • Four elfs on a roof 30' high and 20' far behind you, engaged in ranged combat with two black-cloaked figures.
    • Three black-cloaked figures armed with crystalline weapons engaged in combat with Seven well-armed eagle warriors northwest of your group. They're about 50' away from your group.


    It's a 100' dash to the gate, which is currently being occupied by a half-elf dancing like Jabr, a thri-kreen wielding a spear, and a mul wielding a great macuahuitl, who seem to be fending off a group of sandy-robed elfs armed to the teeth.

    Meg only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    About 20' from the group fighting at the gates is a set of two large rope levers, side-by-side. There's a large wooden mechanism attached that seems to be supporting some building materials over the side of the gate.

    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-08-05 at 03:35 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    The gate was heavily guarded and it sank Dorroku's heart. They were so close to freedom.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[11] ref save
    (1d20+7)[19] perception


    "Do we run it?" he asks?
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-08-06 at 01:03 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku
    A stray javelin nearly strikes Dorroku, but he is able to notice it in time and sidestep the missile, allowing it to hit the eagle warrior behind him. The Draji man shrieks, a long shaft of wood jutting through his chest.

    Makkom, defending himself from loose arrows, is quick to respond.
    "Run them down, run them through, I don't care how, as long as you get this caravan out there in one piece!"

    Dorr's perception results (same as above, plus what Meg saw):
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Three eagle knights 30' to your left, armed with swords and bolas. They don't look friendly, and are combating a mul/half-giant pair. They're right on top of you.
    • Five muls and Six Humans northeast of your position, engaged in a bloody brawl. They're about 40' away from your group.
    • Four elfs on a roof 30' high and 20' far behind you, engaged in ranged combat with two black-cloaked figures.
    • Three black-cloaked figures armed with crystalline weapons engaged in combat with Seven well-armed eagle warriors northwest of your group. They're about 50' away from your group.


    It's a 100' dash to the gate, which is currently being occupied by a half-elf dancing like Jabr, a thri-kreen wielding a spear, and a mul wielding a great macuahuitl, who seem to be fending off a group of sandy-robed elfs armed to the teeth.

    About 20' from the group fighting at the gates is a set of two large rope levers, side-by-side. There's a large wooden mechanism attached that seems to be supporting some building materials over the side of the gate.
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-08-06 at 04:13 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae readies himself to fight, summoning the embers of aggression inside. He grits his teeth as he reminds himself that his borrowed might is all but ended for today. Yet is it not spoken that those who give of themselves will find more back?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex: (1d20+2)[5]
    Perception: (1d20-1)[0]
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer wasn't sure what to make of all the confusion. He tried his best to follow the other's example.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex (1d20+0)[1]
    Perception: (1d20+0)[2]

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    "Meg is hurt he calls out." Moving next to her he does his best to shield her. "Do your best to keep moving, I'll try to cover you."

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae and Bathlazer
    As Ogalae and Bathlazer follow their company, a stray javelin whizzes past Bathlazer and Ogalae, barely scraping them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6-1)[3] damage each


    You both manage to make out the following of your surroundings:

    All-in-all, there are about 30 men and women spread out and engaged in combat on the ground. It's a 100' dash to the gate, which is currently being occupied by a trio fending off a group of elfs from entering Draj.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Meg

    Meg says, more softly, to Dorroku, "I can move. Slowly. Can we go to the ladder there? Beside the gate? I could drop heavy stuff on people, clear the way."

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ji9zo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Jabr moves defensively at the same speed as the caravan but some way ahead of it, hoping to protect it from any oncoming missiles or charging attackers.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    "Nasar Kaspamur," Ogalae snarls,the pain and battle-lust speaking through him. "Lukur ak-shi." He takes another javelin but keeps his position to the caravan, making sure he has cover nearby in case more projectiles throw his way.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Map of Draj
    Spoiler
    Show


    Map Key:
    Spoiler
    Show
    PCs (Blue)
    Caravan (C; Jade)
    Eagle Knights (E; Turquoise)
    Muls (m; Magenta)
    Humans (h; Magenta)
    Half-Giant (G; Magenta)
    Elves (el; Grey)
    Black-Cloaked Psions (Black)
    Potential Allies? (a; Jade)

    All Sandy-Colored Areas: Ground
    All Brown Areas: Rooftops; 30' high.

    @Meg and Dorroku only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "***" is the switch to release the rocks
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-08-11 at 05:36 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    As she says it, Meg realizes just how long it would take to get over there herself, so she says Dorroku, you may have to drop that yourself. I'll cover the caravan. With that, she switches weapons to her Mekillot Sap - she doesn't want to start a fight with any of these guys, but she can't afford to take a hit, and she doesn't want them to hit anyone else either.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    He looks at the gate, then at Meg. It looked like suicide but it was all they could come up with. Meg was hurt so it came to him. "Okay, heres the plan, I'll try to get to the switch, drop the rocks on those blocking the gate. Hopefully that will get us room to move through the gate."

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The_Shaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southeast of paradise
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Ogalae calms himself down, but still looks tense as his eyes race over the different groups fighting in the square. "We're best served to avoid a fight here - quite risky."

    He eyes the different groups warily, ready to throw a spear at whoever decides to charge their group

    Spoiler
    Show
    What can we tell about the magenta crew from what they are wearing - do we see anything that would show allegiance?

    Also: ready action to throw a javelin at anyone obviously attacking them, i.e. charging with a drawn weapon.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Bathlazer thinks, Yeah, we should be careful. Maybe they don't see us?

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    "We can move towards the gate and hope everyone is too occupied to notice us but we still have those at the gate to get through."
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-08-22 at 01:15 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nazgulnine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No real way to tell who's friendly other than a spell or actively invoking their attention. So far, they all seem to be causing a revolt.

    The people represented by magenta dots are dressed in commoners' clothing: desert-dwellers' robes, loincloths, various hides, and cloaks. They seem to be of the laborers' class by appearance. The Eagle Knights are obviously well-dressed, wearing emerald-colored feathered headdresses and various types of hide and chitin armors. The black-cloaks seem to be wearing very little beneath their black cloaks and skull-masks, and the elves are dressed in the typical elven robes and hide garments.


    The people embroiled in combat with one another seem to be too preoccupied to deal with you now.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Reach weapon now in hand, Meg advances as fast as she can. Which isn't really that fast. Despite the pain, she tries to be the alert, calm advance guard, not to be messed with. That's the idea anyway. She makes sure to jog right immediately to get out of Dorroku's way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Advance to L9, diagonalling to L then heading to 9

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Athas Unchained IC: Group B

    Dorroku

    "I'm going after the gate," he says then sprints off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •