New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default New Symbiot(3.5,Monster)(WIP)

A new Host gains his Liquid Soul in the form of a graft.

Liquid Soul
    Size/Type: Diminutive Outsider (Shapechanger, Symbiot)
    Hit Dice: 2d8 (9 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 1ft.
    Armor Class: 15, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+4 size, -3 dex, +4 natural)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-11
    Attack: ----
    Full Attack: ----
    Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: ----
    Special Qualities: Empathy, Formation, Mute, Soul Meld, DR 7/Silver, Absorption
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref 0, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 4, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Skills: ------
    Feats: Improved Initiative
    Enviroment: -----
    Organization: Solitary, or attached
    Challange Rating: +1 to host
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Level Adjustment:

Created when an Intima of great strength loses part of their Soul while grafting, this creature is a living Soul that has taken solid form. In an attempt to go back to being part of a whole, it willingly attaches to other creatures. It can take the form of any lost limb, and grants certain bonuses.

To a normal host, it can change shape into an object of need using Formation, as well as offsetting the penalties of a lost limb. In addition, it grants a +2 bonus to AC by reacting to attacks along with the host.

At first, Liquid Souls weigh 5lbs.
    Combat:

Empathy: Unlike other Symbiots, Liquid Souls can't communicate telepathic with their host. However, they can communicate simple feelings like danger,hunger, fear, joy..ect. In addition, in combat, the Host is able to enter a heightened awareness and can tell exactly what the Liquid Soul wants, and can tell it commands with just a thought.

Formation: Liquid Souls can change shape into any mundane object that weighs less than it weighs. It can only change shape once per round as an immediate action.

Mute: Despite being an intelligent outsider, the Liquid Soul cannot speak.

Soul Meld: Being made from a solidified Soul Graft, the Liquid Soul can provide even greater bonuses to those who feed it from their Soul Pool. These bonuses only apply to certain individuals, and are listed under that class' description.(Coming Soon)

Absorption: By passing small amounts of metal through its body, it can regain energy. For every pound of metal it consumes, it gains fast healing 1 for 1 hour.
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-03-18 at 01:18 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: New Symbiot(3.5,Monster)(WIP)

Is the soul pool related to the Intima's graft pool ability?

Other than that, and assuming the picture is related to the inspiration, I think you did a good job capturing the flavor of Dies' arm thing. Only problem I see is that it should live off the blood of the host (maybe fast healing 1 or 2 instead of temporary hitpoints?). And then should it not have a weakness as well?
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Rather than living off blood, this one lives off the Soul Points. I wanted it to be specifically for the PrC I'm making, but still Technically usable by others.

It should indeed have a weakness.

Edit: To answer your question, yes, based on that class feature. However, I am unsure if I'll create another version of the class with a Graft Pool, so I wanted to leave it open.
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-03-14 at 09:11 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a fan of this, although I may be a bit biased do you plan on testing this once you get some more feedback?

I'm not much for crunch, but I'm ok at fluff and things like that so here we go!

Klik heals from eating metal, but Dies' "Liquid Soul" is healed by his own blood. Because of this I think it would make sense to have it be healed by the Intima's Graft Points. Maybe d6 per point or so? And if the host is a willing Intima (or other class with a graft point pool) wouldn't it make sense for the Liquid Soul to scale with level? A level 10 Intima with an arm that has a max of 18 hp doesn't make sense, especially considering the Intima is mostly a melee class.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Not this specific Symbiot, I'm thinking Pure Intima.

Well, It'll scale with the PrC I'm making, rather than just any Intima.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~