Entry Requirements
    Skills: Knowledge (Religion) 8 Ranks
    Feats: Extra Turning, Empower Turning
    Spell casting: Ability to cast 1st level divine spells
    Turn Undead: Must be able to turn undead

GAME RULE INFORMATION
    Hit Die: d10

Class Skills
    The Templar's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int)

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +0
    +2
    Smite Undead, Turn Undead -
    2nd
    +2
    +3
    +0
    +3
    Empowered Turning +1 Level of Existing Divine Spellcasting Class
    3rd
    +3
    +3
    +1
    +3
    Greater Turning +1 Level of Existing Divine Spellcasting Class
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Weaken Resistance + 1 Level of Existing Divine Spellcasting Class
    5th
    +5
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Aura of Turning +1 Level of Existing Divine Spellcasting Class

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the Templar.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Templar is proficient in all simple and martial weapons and all forms of armor and shields.

Spells Per Day/ Spells Known: At every level of Templar except first the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in divine spellcasting class she belonged to before she entered the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that she adds the level of Templar to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly.

If a character had more than one spellcasting class before she became a Templar, she must decide to which class she adds each level of Templar for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Smite Undead: (Su) As a swift action a Templar of first level can make lash out with a blast of divine energy. Forming a duplicate of their weapon they slash out at a nearby undead creature. This ability is essentially a single melee attack against an undead within reach except as follows. This attack is made at the Templar's full attack bonus and has a bonus to hit and damage equal to the Templar's Class Level or Charisma Modifier whichever is higher. The damage of the attack is divine instead of its normal damage type and the weapon is considered a magical ghost touch weapon in addition to its other enchantments. In addition, this attack can critically hit undead despite their racial immunity and automatically confirms any critical threats. This ability can be used at will.

Turn Undead: A Templar adds his Templar levels to his cleric levels for all turning undead purposes.

Empowered Turning: (Su) The Templar treats his class level as two levels higher for all turning purposes.

If the Templar was previously a Paladin with their turn undead class feature they no longer take the -3 penalty to their turning level and instead turn undead as a cleric of equal level.

Greater Turning: (Su) Once per day, a Templar can perform a greater turning against an undead in place of a regular turning. The greater turning is like a normal turning, except that the undead creatures that would be turned are destroyed instead. If the character already has this ability (such as from the Sun Domain) he gains an additional use of the ability

Weaken Resistance: (Su): When the Templar hits an undead creature with his smite undead attack he may expend a single spell or spell slot as a free action. The undead creature gains a penalty to their will save and their turn resistance equal to 1+ the spell level of the spell or spell slot sacrificed in this way (Minimum +0 Turn Resistance). This reduction last a number of rounds equal to the Templar's charisma modifier.

Aura of Turning: (Su) Whenever an undead creature gets within 10ft of a 5th level Templar it is turned as if the Templar had used a regular turn undead attempt on it. For this turn attempt the Templar is considered 5 levels lower. If a creature is turned or resists this turn attempt he is immune to Aura of Turning for 24 hours.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2020-02-22 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Templar 3.5 Level Prestige Class

I actually really like this. My only thoughts would be that some fluff would be nice, and that the smite undead should simply apply to all attacks, instead of adding an extra attack. Now that i think about though, yours does sound decent. Adding it to each attack might be a bit op. Hm. I will think on this
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    I actually really like this. My only thoughts would be that some fluff would be nice, and that the smite undead should simply apply to all attacks, instead of adding an extra attack. Now that i think about though, yours does sound decent. Adding it to each attack might be a bit op. Hm. I will think on this
    It was manly supposed to be a different mechanic. While I could simply add a bonus to all attacks and tone down the damage and the ability it would encourage two weapon fighting more and I see this class as a two handed fighting type.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

This is well done. It would be nice if it had something at 4th level. Maybe the ability to when turning to sacrifice a spell or spell slot to add the spell level to the turning attempt?
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Going through some of my old 3.5 homebrews and just making sure everything has a proper table and fixing a few old balance issues. This class was mostly fine but I added a few tweaks to make it stronger for Paladins while also adding more of a feat tax so that it isn't just strictly better.

Also added an ability at 4th to further reinforce the melee aspect of the class beyond just smite undead.

... Also I just realized the title of the thread is missing a word... Damn my Dysgraphia. It should be "Templar 3.5 *Five* Level Prestige Class"... Siiigggh I blame high school era me
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2019-05-17 at 09:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

This is awesome! Now my knights have something to work towards!