New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLI

"Okay! Let's go then!" Sadei laughs as she hurries out the door!

Wee!

To the Outside thread? No doubt there will be fun and adventure to be had there.

MEANWHILE!

There were a few squid egg cases that had washed up on the beach, but those are pretty tame...

Raven shakes her head. "Nope. Just gulls and crabs mostly."

Not just any crabs, Menacing Crabs! Those are without a doubt the worst.

"I suspect that if we looked hard enough we could find a piece of Squidbeard's city... This might even be some of it. It probably loses some of its unique properties if separated from the whole."

Well.

Isn't that an interesting thought?

A chunk of the Sunken City itself sitting in the middle of the floor!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, it's not all that exciting. Not until recently at least. Bark's my tree. Or at least he used to be. Some smelly, old wizard cut him down and made him like that. He was gonna do all kinds of crazy experiments on us, but then we managed to escape." Aeia says that all with a dismissive air, as if there was nothing to it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

A piece of that silly city...
    Wonder if putting pieces together gives them their properties back?

"It still looks pretty! I wonder if there's more?"
    Viera seems to be debating leaping off to go find some right now.

She jumps back up to her feet, dropping a crab claw she had been holding, and grins.
    "Maybe the gulls will be my friends."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Ermine just glares at the dwarf as he walks away. Yeah, that's right.

What did he mean about blue ladies and cats? The pirate has no idea. Too much rum. Speaking of which, she tosses her empty bottle aside (Littering! Inside the bar! How heinous!) and orders another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #35

Where has all the rum gone!

"Perhaps. This was the only piece I could find,"
    Raven replies as she begins scooping up the various baubles and dumping them into her pack again. The chances of her noticing that some odds and ins vanished into wherever her sibling keeps things is pretty slim.

There was a lot of stuff there after all.

"The gulls always flew away when I tried to get close to them regardless of how fast I ran," Raven recounts. "I don't believe they are terribly sociable. The crabs, however, are dangerous."

Those horrible crabs.

"I... believe the tavern may be safe without my presence here for a time. If you wish to accompany me I can show you where I found the stone."

Oh boy adventure!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oooh, her sibling is going to come along!
    She's becoming slightly sociable! Hoozah!

Viera does another little fist pump and possibly a little dance, before pointing off towards Ermine.
    "Okedoke artichokie. Just one sec, I gotta grab something."

Namely the pirate's pants/knickers/objects.
    Not wearing any? That's strange. She's totally grabbing at them anyway.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Oh my. Viera will find herself stealing from Ermine's pants from Ermine's hat, the magical extra-dimensional storage inside it to be exact. The pirate has... a lot of stuff stashed away. Guns, knives, empty rum bottles, magic items, and literal wardrobes full of clothes. Like, actual wooden going-to-Narnia furniture.

Anyway, Viera has plenty of pants to choose from! Pirate-y pants, fancy pants, and some pants that don't belong to her! The chimera's crazy eldritch pants magic will grab... a pair of spiffy satin pants! Yay! The word "pants" has lost all meaning to me!

I'm not sure whether Ermine notices this or not. The pirate is drunk, and still drinking, but if Viera physically rummages around in her hat she will notice. I assume some kind of mind-breaking, physics-defying pantsing superpower is used.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2012-03-16 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Phineas raises an eyebrow at her explanation. "That sounds more interesting than you give it credit for. A wizard, you say? I've dabbled in wizardry myself, although probably not the type you're used to."

No, it really isn't. Much less flashy.

"So how long have you been here? I just popped in around twelve minutes ago." He grins nonchalantly.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

A drop dead gorgeous young woman walks into the tavern and takes a seat at the bar. She has fiery scarlet hair, alluring dark orange eyes, and a pair of red fox ears with a matching tail. She's wearing a low cut blouse and a short skirt, but carries no weapons. She doesn't need any; she can knock you out with a sly grin or flirty wink. She is Angela, Goddess of Lust, and she is back in the Nexus to be admired by the public eye.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "Nah, I've just been trying to figure out this place. Work can come a little later." Aiden shrugs as he says this. Work would be nice, though.
    Repost for billtodamax.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

The mad dwarf in the corner with his rusted chainmail, battered steel helm with shattered antlers and one boot falls off his stool and prostrates himself before Angela. Funny thing; he's never encountered a deity before, though he knows who Angela is due to a group of spirits dwelling within his mind and whispering what they glimpse on the spirit realm directly into his brain. Although whispering is the wrong word; they also relay the odd image, scent, taste or texture.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #42

Angela blinks at the prostrate dwarf. Hey there. Um, there's no need for that. Take a seat. As an afterthought, she dampens her divine aura a bit, so it's not too intimidating.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert notices the woman warily...he was half-succubus....half of lust incarnate...and he sensed that there was definitely something otherworldly about the beautiful woman. No one could be that physically alluring. He gazes at the odd boy for a second in disgust. That kid was a monster! Unless Javert was going insane..which he doubted....in the small chance that the boy was not what he expected, Javert believed he might just rest for a week....he was spending so much of his time on seducing Linthia....but it would pay off. He had decided to take some time to enjoy himself...so. He came here.

Javert slips around on a chair next to Angela. He asks her with his usual syrupy, slightly magical voice. "Excuse me madame, have I met you?He was very handsome. With high cheekbones, a well-muscled body, and odd blue eyes that sparkled...Yes...blue eyes on a half-drow! How odd....He wears a tight fitting black pin-striped suit. He has a low-cut shirt that shows off his muscled abs and chest.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, Foxy Goddess." The dwarf does as he is bid, and picks up a stool. "Where would you like me to put it?" The spirits are focussed on Angela for now, and are ignoring everybody (and everything) else. They try to read Angela's spirit realm manifestation, catching glimpses of her past, present, possibly future, but more likely to be little snippets of useless information, common knowledge, or stuff that isn't common knowledge or hidden either.

15. - Top - End - #45

Angela looks Javert over and smiles. I haven't met you. What a shame. Do you recognize me from somewhere?

The dwarf recaptures her attention with his humorous literalism, eliciting an amused giggle. Put it back down and then sit on it, silly. I don't demand that people worship me.

Angela's past involved a lot of killing people. Her present involves a lot of sleeping with people. Her future will involve splitting into three people. The spirits can find bits of any of that information as well as whatever is considered common knowledge of the goddess in the Nexus.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert grins back at the goddess. Yes...now he could sense it. She was not mortal. She was a higher force....which was both a good and bad thing for him. Though she was.....gorgeous. Hmm....time to prove his suspicions. The half-drow half-succubus allows his aura to bleed out. Just a little. It rests above his body like a separate skin. The aura is a dark red, he radiates a sense of attraction. Anyone nearby might feel a sudden lust for the handsome drow. The goddess would recognize his powers...hopefully...Javert wondered if she was like him...a demon...or at least half of one. He replies gently while grinning profusely at the woman. His teeth are perfect and white. Albeit a little pointy. Like his ears. "I definitely want to...I'm Javert....And may I know who you are young maiden?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately for Javert, the spirits inhabiting the head of the dwarf have eroded his sanity and willpower. After putting the stool down, his head swivels until he's facing Javert and ignoring Angela. The spirits can tell he's a half-demon, although they may be unaware of what type of demon.

The dwarf tries to hug Javert and press his lips against whatever part of Javert the dwarf can reach. He's dirty, smelly, and his beard is scratchy and in poor condition, as is the armour underneath it.

18. - Top - End - #48

I am Angela, Goddess of Lust. I don't like demons. The goddess smiles coldly at Javert as she recognizes the heritage behind his aura. But if you stay and chat, I'll consider making an exception just for you... unless you're too busy with this... man. Her smile widens as the dwarf goes for the demonic drow.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert grins at her, No demon...half a demon...not my choice. But, I believe an exception could be in order indeed...Nice to meet you Angela....you're very beautiful...Then dwarf....smelly, stinky, nasty little dwarf....Disgusting....Well, judging form the dwarf's height and the fact that Javert was seating means that the dwarf would just reach Javert's well muscled stomach. Which is visible due to the very low cut shirt. Javert's skin is warm and firm. Javert's face shifts from that lusty grin to one of horror. Javert tries to get rid of the uncomfortable dwarf by moving his hand to the dwarf's neck. e then tries to pinch down on the paralyzing nerve there with his sharp fingers and nails. Javert will then attempt to move the dwarf away from him. "Er...milady? May I have some assistance? I seem to have a....dwarf on me...Then we can discuss more pleasurable matters...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Viera is very skilled at stealing pants.
    It may just be some sort of eldritch superpower magic shenanigans.

However, the second anyone cares to actually pay attention, she seems to be physically rummaging around the hat.
    So she'll probably get noticed.

Which the chimera-girl will respond to with a cheery wave before immediately making to bounce back towards Raven!
    Depending on Ermine's opinions of pants theft and how drunk she is, this might not be something that works out for Viera.
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately for Javert, the nerve seems to be underneath some chainmail, plus also the demon/drow hybrid would need to get his hand past the broken tines of a pair of very large antlers mounted on the dwarf's helmet. Possible, but with a high risk of getting accidentally stabbed, scratched, or otherwise injured by the dirty and pointed bone. Besides which, turning off the lust aura would be far more effective. After all, that's the only reason why the dwarf started kissing Javert anyway.

22. - Top - End - #52

Angela grins. Try diplomacy, or some less violent method. It's less demonic.

23. - Top - End - #53

Raven is busy giggling at her siblings HILARIOUS ANTICS when suddenly goddess!

Raven hasn't ever encountered an actual godling poking around the material plane before. Not like her mother had. Powerful mortals and eldritch monsters?

Sure.

But no actual gods.

And divine power tends to be something of anathema to the Things that lurk beyond the Veil. A vile stench. A feeling of oppressive wrongness. All the rules and laws and expectations of the mortal world rolled up into a being of near unimaginable power.

Not terribly different from a human feeling as though they has just been dropped onto the moon in a leaky space-suit with an irate skunk in their left boot.

Suffice to say Raven bristles at Angela's presence without really knowing why. The girl backs up several steps, whipping out her void-black kama and trying to figure out where this horrible feeling is coming from.

"What is that?" Raven practically hisses.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert grins worriedly at Angela before he causes his aura to fade away. Now he's back to normal. Still extremely handsome however. He speaks to the dwarf now. He's trying not to lose his temper. After all, he didn't want to cause Angela to leave! ..."Hey....dwarf....please remove yourself from my stomach.....or.....nevermind. Please.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    Phineas raises an eyebrow at her explanation. "That sounds more interesting than you give it credit for. A wizard, you say? I've dabbled in wizardry myself, although probably not the type you're used to."

No, it really isn't. Much less flashy.

"So how long have you been here? I just popped in around twelve minutes ago." He grins nonchalantly.
    "Only a little longer than that. I guess we're both new here. We'll have to stick together." The dryad flutters her eyelashes once more. "So you can use magic? Do you think you could show me? I'd love to see." This time her interest isn't played up at all.

26. - Top - End - #56

Obviously, a girl drawing a weapon nearby is enough to grab Angela's attention away from Javert and the dwarf. She looks over at Raven, then scans the entire room for threats or other explanations as to her behavior. What is what?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

SUDDENLY TIME SPLIT

A Viera is left vaguely near Ermine, whilst another one bounds towards Raven, gleefully bounding about with a pair of pants that may or may not be the pirate's.

At some point she notices that her sibling is alarmed and looks around, noting a similar unpleasant sensation.
    She was so caught up in the pants-based fun that she'd completely failed to notice.
    "Smells kinda like one of those temple places."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #58

"There's something bad here," Raven breaths through clenched teeth. "Something wrong. Something that shouldn't be here."

Or at least that's how she's interpreting the sensation.

Though she has absolutely no idea what that sensation is or what it means or what she should do about it. While she might have encountered inklings like it before it was nothing like this.

Not even close.

After a few moments debate Raven decides to hide under a table.

That'll be a good place to watch from.

Harder to sneak up on her that way.

Also a table fort may be in order. But where will she find the pillows and sheets?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope that she isn't talking about Javert.... >.<

30. - Top - End - #60

Hildur, a woman dressed in heavy winter gear, enters the tavern, not paying attention to anyone else right now. She goes to the bar, and looks over the drinks menu. Occasionally, she makes a confused face.