New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLI

An old man stumbles in the door, dressed in the rags of a homeless man. His bearing is all stumbling and every few steps he takes has a wracking cough escape his lips.

He sits down at one of the tables near the back, and pulls up the hood to his cloak to keep the light from the fixtures getting into his eyes. He is the shaded man in the corner now, apparently. I guess he has a quest for someone to do.

((OOC note, I've already spoken with the players who will be taking part in this plot. Interaction with the old man is fine, but the characters that are going to be taking part have already been chosen.))
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Phineas stands up as well, maintaining a pleasant smile. This faerie was starting to get on his nerves, however. In more ways than one.

It was he who had started this, he admitted, but people with no sense of humor just made him furious.

"I've never reacted very well to threats, nor to people telling me what to do. Just ask nicely, and I'll be happy to apologize. If your over-inflated ego can manage that, of course." His smile grows scornful at the arrogance displayed by this fool.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-18 at 01:11 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Drat...Javert's plan had failed! Well....he tries to gently grab the dryad's finger and moves it aside. "Eager to get your hands on me are you?" The rather frustrated half-drow turns to Phineas, "Threats? You attacked me. I don't like being played with like some foppish pet. If you're such an ass all the time I would suggest you get used to threats my 'Friend'. I order you to apologize, or once again you will face the consequences." Javert turns to the dryad. "Stay out of this. This is my business with this fool. Not you." He grins a little. "Wouldn't want to harm such a delectable specimen now would we?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeia retrieves her hand before he can touch her. Any pretense of being polite drops. Okay... this guy is a total creep on top of it all. The dryad tries to slap him across the face. "Just leave us alone."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well look who it is. It seems that for lack of a proper conversation partner, Bark has wandered over to Aeia's side once more.

And he does not look pleased. The grumpy drow he recalls from earlier seems to have caused her distress.

"Sub- Aeia. Would you like this man removed? He seems to be antagonizing you." How very astute of Bark to notice. The seven foot former tree looms tall behind Javert's back, chiseled features set in an imposing glower.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Raven glances at Angela.

There's that icky feeling again.

Said icky feeling is making her even more nervious than she would be otherwise. Best to get this over with quickly and then retreat to her table-fort again for protection.

She doodles with her toe on the ground for a few moments and then bows awkwardly to the weasel.

"I'm sorry I kicked you I thought you were going to shoot my sister please forgive me I'm sorry!"

Flee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    Ew, she does feel kinda icky, now that Viera is thinking about it...
    Which she definitely isn't doing instead of thinking about Ermine asking for her pants back.

That'd be avoidance, which is something she told Raven to not do!
    Can't be hypocritical, can we?

Flee!
    "Byebye!"

The apology was made, everything is obviously right with the world, no need for the two chimeras to be aaaaanywhere over there. Near the funny feeling/smelling lady or the drunkard-weasel-pirate.
    Ermine flicks her ears in annoyance.

"Well dat was because she stole from me. Now gi-

And they flee! The pirate hisses her frustration and turns back to Angela.

"Sorry 'bout dat."

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

The dwarf is still here, sitting at the bar. It seems he's managed to prise his attention away from Angela, as he's not staring at her any more, nor is he staring with his eyes closed. Which is something he can do and is really creepy.

The dwarf is, for reference, wearing a suit of chainmail spotted with rust, a dented steel helm mounting a pair of shattered antlers; they're missing most of the tines, and those that remain are clogged up with weeds and other plant matter. His hair and beard are long and brown, and they were braided a long time ago. Now, most of the braids are undone, or otherwise have clumped together into long dreadlocks. His left boot is missing, and his foot is heavily scratched and scabbed. It seems that the wounds are healing, however. His right boot is a hobnailed boot, old and worn. The dwarf's blue eyes roam the Tavern, looking for somebody to speak with; they are lit by madness.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Phineas's grin freezes and slides off his face onto the floor. He glares at the fey, his eyes cold.
    "You've just made two mistakes, my friend. One, you've just insulted my friend. Two, you just tried to give me an order. I don't take orders. If you can't take a joke, well then..."
    He pauses for a moment, sighs, and then swings his elbow around in an attempt to smash the arrogant creep's jaw.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the slap hits Javert and his smile fades away. He's about to say something rather mean when n he was elbowed to the face....Javert accidentally bites his tongue and shrieks a little. He then disappears...for about a second. Then he reappears in the same place. Except now he's in his wraith form. A smoky, dark, and incorporeal version of his normal self. His hands are now long and cruel tipped claws. Both have that red middle finger. Javert then tries to slash Phineas's face while his other claw points at Aiea. She might suddenly be held in an invisible magical box unless she has a counterspell or magical resistance of a sort. Javert's claws do not actually touch Phineas. He's incorporeal. His claws feed on aura's. Like a person's soul. Javert claws are draining Phineas's very life force unless Phineas manages to escape. He ignores the tree for now. Seeing as it couldn't hit him unless it uses magic.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

As the drow slashes at him, Phineas's eyes grow wide and he tries to duck out of the way. Unfortunately the red claw catches him in the shoulder, ripping at his essence. And then Phineas stops, an unbelieving grin upon his face. He stand up nonchalantly.
    "That the best you can do?" he says, winking at the spectre, "Did I mention I was already dead?" He reaches into his coat and pulls out what seems to be a small bottle filled with pieces of broken glass.
    "So you're a spirit? No corporeal form? Welcome to your new home." He uncorks the bottle, and the air shimmers above him just as it had when he had knocked the stool over. Javert feels an incredibly strong tug, as if his very soul is being tugged into the container. Unless he has incredibly strong willpower or transforms back into his corporeal form, he is sucked into the bottle and trapped.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

((That's getting pretty close to godmodding there, SW. I'd recommend using less absolute terms. Also, posting order.))

"Bark!" Areia screams as she pushes her hands against the invisible barrier holding her. She looks genuinely frightened now. She somehow hadn't expected a fight to break out.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Er...yeah....That's a little frustrating...Oh well . Javert has no possible way of getting any amount of resistance seeing as he's casting a spell and slashing at the same time. He replies to Phineas, "No, it's not the best I can do fool! Javert launches one last attack, his red claw dives toward Phinease. If it hits it goes inside the red-headed man and might severely damage his inner body, such as his intestines, stomach, kidneys. Things like that. The claw would explode once inside in a blast of magical force. Then the bottle...Javert resists for about a second and then he's gone...he reappears inside the bottle.

13. - Top - End - #103

Magic? Bark hates magic, but is undeniably magical, and linked to Aeia in a way that makes them practically inseparable.

Rather than going after Javert in particular, Bark instead strides up to the forcefield and channels this connection, not knowing what he's trying to accomplish, just acting on instinct.

"Come." Aeia should feel a tug, and if all goes according to plan she'll be pulled through Bark and ejected from his back as if she had just treewalked through something to him.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

((Sorry. I shall try to be more careful in the future.))

Phineas lunges back, but the claw strikes home, disappearing inside him. He drops the bottle, clutching his stomach in pain. It shatters as it hits the ground, releasing Javert. The fey is the last thing on Phineas's mind, however.
    He drops to the floor, twitching. His face contorts, but he manages to smile through the pain.
    "Looks like...you beat me...Now if you'll just go...away, I might be able to stop myself from dying." He gives a weak grin and then ignores the others completely, concentrating on his own injury. All around him the air flickers, and there is a faint humming noise. He slowly starts to relax, but he is obviously badly injured nonetheless. He convulses and then collapses on the floor, still breathing but barely conscious.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-18 at 11:22 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert flies out of the bottle. Well...he couldn't kill the guy! Wouldn't want to have Remnant after him...actually...he could get away with it...and boy did he not like the guy. The guy wouldn't apologize, and his girlfriend slapped him. That wasn't too bad...he would forgive her. He always was kinder to women...mostly due to his heritage. Javert actually appears once more incorporeal. He takes one more slash. Hopefully a killing blow at Phineas. His claws elongate to immense shards of magical pain. The claws will once again try what his red one did before. Except now there would be five horrid wounds instead of one if he hits. The fool would hopefully die....no one would disobey Javert. He was the next famous criminal. Because really? Fame is fame. If Magtok taught him anything it was that, and Javert took that to his cold heart. Javert then tries to disappear. If he disappears he'll reappear in the alley outside Trog's disguised in a cloak. He'll then walk away. Blood on his hands...business as usual.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

A woman, with short hair the red of a fox's fur, and grey-white eyes, wearing a pale blue dress, enters. Through the door for a change, instead of, say, the roof.

After doing so, assuming she's not interrupted, she heads over to the bar, though she doesn't order anything just yet, and appears to be scanning the room carefully, as well as watching the door, much like she's looking for someone specific.

((However, her player must now deadtime. Please direct him to responses via a poke in the OOC thread.))

17. - Top - End - #107

Hildur looks over at the woman in the dress, and tries to get her attention. If she succeeds in that regard, she'll ask, "Hey, you know what's good around here? I'm not seeing anything I've even heard of."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Hildur is indeed successful. Not that it does her much good...

"I'm afraid not... I haven't either, and I've been in no mood to try most of it," the woman replies, smiling a bit, and extending a hand to her questioner. "In any case, though, I'm Kinari. You?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-19 at 05:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground

Richard runs through a large rift in existence in human from, whith his usual long brown hair and clay colored eyes, but, oddly enough, in a jesters outfit carrying a sword which apears to be made of cheese, followed by three doughnut monsterss with arms and legs as well as a vast amount of magic firing from their holes. "Unholy burning frostmaidens tears!" he exclaims, quickly slicing the doughnut monsters into peices, reducing them to a box of 6 powdered, 6 iced, and six chocolate dougnuts each. He quickly runs back through the portal.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeia gets sucked through Bark and ends up landing flat over her butt on the other side of his. Well, that was disorienting. Her head swivels around and she quickly finds the fight again. Oh no, that guy's going to kill Phineas.

Not if she can help it. She places her hands on the floorboards. Wood, long since dead but it'd work. The boards warp around her fingers slightly, then suddenly, in between Phineas and Javert, a number of thick, leafy branches spring up between the two, hopefully stopping Javert's attack. Aeia looks thoroughly drained by the strain of having to do that and she could collapse at any moment.

((Noodle, please remember the posting order. That said, I think you should post again after me just so we know how Javert reacts.))

21. - Top - End - #111

Hildur shakes Kinari's hand. "Name's Hildur." She turns her attention back to the menu, and mutters, "Why is there no damned beer on this thing?" while shaking her head little.

22. - Top - End - #112

Once again, Richard apears through a rift, chased by strange creatures that look suspicously like Mind Fla----(censored by WotC). Rhichard is in human form, but has tentacles covering his mouth. He shouts at them whith his crossbow (carrying Richards Portable Hole/Bag of Holding ArrowsTM, now just 250,000 standard peices), evaporating them. He runs through the portal, uttering profanities in Draconic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

The wood wouldn't actually hit the incorporeal drow, but ut certainly confused him. He misses most pathetically...

24. - Top - End - #114

Richard this time...........wait, what! you can't! Um......yes sir. But you still can't skip reality. Anyways, richard repeats the process many times involving rabbits, knights, Living Playing Cards, and Evil Librarians who are being hunted by kobulds. Finally he walks through a door and asks for a keg of 100% alcohol Dragon Liver Buster (that means a really strong pure version, like drinking fire made of alcohol) and some more of that cow-like thing he got last time he was here (before he was removed from continuity, see Dragon Comics Q.3729). He also shows a buisness card.
    [OOC]Which thread would his shop be in?[OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Reviline smoothly drifts into the tavern, with her trained elegance that seems quite out of place in a simple tavern.
    Or she assumes so. Never something she really cared about, or imagined anyone else did either.

A milky, golf ball-sized orb falls out of the duffel ball she's holding, bouncing off the tip of one of her feet and rolling off towards one of the darker corners of the establishment.

Failing to notice, she moves in the opposite direction, off towards a booth on the side. Somewhere nice and quiet.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Hildur shakes Kinari's hand. "Name's Hildur." She turns her attention back to the menu, and mutters, "Why is there no damned beer on this thing?" while shaking her head little.
    Kinari's ears, oddly enough, twitch a little when Hildur mutters that, and she doesn't quite remember in time that a pure human might not have been able to easily catch what was said.

"No clue," she says, shrugging. Not that she knows what beer is, at least by that name, but she figures it's a safe enough response. "You could ask and see if they at least know what it is, and maybe where you could get some, though..."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Phineas stares around in a haze, trying to react. Javert slashes at him again, the blow seeming to move slowly through the air, unstoppable. He tries to block it, to dodge, but he can't really do anything. Then he is covered in...branches?

And the attack misses. That's a relief.

Got to pull yourself together, Phineas. Or you're going to be slaughtered. But it hurt so much...

No. I must survive. With the last of his willpower, he works another spell. A cocoon of grey material flows out from him, sealing the branches together and hiding him from view. This is no normal barrier, though. Anything attempting to touch it is repulsed, although a determined attack could probably break through.

He just hoped that the faerie wouldn't turn on his friends now. Because there really wasn't anything he could do about it.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Hildur is a little surprised that she was heard, but doesn't make much of a show of it. "Ah, yeah, I suppose I could. I mean, I really need a drink right now."

29. - Top - End - #119

Wow.

The tavern sure did just fly to hell in a hand-basket pretty fast didn't it? And a bad-guy is trying to just waltz right out of here?

Hmmm...

Raven seems to have left.

Which just leaves Div to do something!

Oh boy. Won't that be fun?

As the spooky lich turns to leave he'll probably find himself being pounced on by that twenty foot long chimera that certainly wasn't ever a little boy at any point in the past. Incorporeal or not will matter very little as Div attempts to use his superior mass to grab the lich and pin him.

...since when did the floor suddenly become impermeable to incorporeal things?

Weird.

"Hold it right there!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh dear. Aeia isn't looking so good. Returning dead wood to life in any capacity, and what she just did is pretty much the extent of her power. "Hey Bark... Everything's getting kinda fuzzy." She manages to say, sounding exhausted and a little loopy.

((Given permission to skip Slii.))