New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLI

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    Phineas starts in surprise as Aeia turns her head to kiss him on the lips, but he seems not at all displeased. He kisses her gently, and then gives her a crooked smile.
    "It seems the afterlife just keeps getting better."
    Aeia laughs a little and pushes her leaves back over her shoulder. "You mean you weren't expecting pretty girls." She says teasingly. The dryad glances around as if just remembering something. "We were getting something to drink, weren't we?" they'll have to find out what ever happened to those.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

Richard (Richardus Ventudil Seamillonne)
    Richard shifts to dragon form and runs, screaming. He crashes into the table and runs saying; "Help help help help help Barrow King help help help help help help!". Yeah.

Kinbarkinlonlos Masteneásp (King of the Barrows of the Kings Long Lost, Master of the Neásprungen)

Kinbarkinlonos walks towards the counter. "Barwench/barman, a drink, preferably strong."
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

"Certainly not pretty girls who would let me kiss them," says Phineas, grinning.
    Ah yes, the drinks.
    "I'll be right back. Same as last time?"
    Phineas wanders over to the bar,whistling an out of tune melody. He raises his eyebrows upon seeing a giant, a massive cat and a man covered in blood at the bar, but hey, stranger things have happened. He orders a couple drinks and waits for them to be served.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds good to me." Aeia says and shifts away from him a bit so he'll be free to go. She waits somewhat patiently, looking to be in a good mood overall.

And as the barkeep is an NPC, the drinks can be handwaved being received. Careful though, Cosmo is the grumpiest gnome you'll ever meet.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty was in a bad state. Almost to tears due to sorrowful memories. He's about to reply to Bellan when Ah! Giant kitteh! Marty just about drops his glass as he is frightened. He tries to make eye contact with Phineas, I-Is this y-your c-cat? He gulps and moves just a little closer to Bellan and away from the giant cat. Marty's bloodstained cuffs rise as he tries to use his arm to shield himself in case the cat attacks. Bellan! The c-c-cat...it's gonna eat m-me! Rawr! Catzilla.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Phineas takes his drinks from the bartender, nodding cheerfully to the bad tempered gnome. He raises an eyebrow at Marty as he shies away from the cat. "It's not mine, and it doesn't seem like it's going to eat you. I wouldn't be worried, if I were you." He walks back to his table in bewilderment, and sits next to Aeia, handing her a drink.
    "Weird place, this. Giant cats, demons, beautiful fae. It's a lot more exciting then the place I'm from." He grins and takes a sip from his martini.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

Phineas was right. Really, the most threatening thing Shade ends up doing is deepening his purr and shifting so his paws are on one of the chair's arms so he can rest his head on them. He's facing Marty now.

Tilting his head slightly an odd expression which is most likely a smile appears on his face. Still, he's found no need to speak yet.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeia takes the drink and eyes it curiously. "Same here. I never even knew how boring just being in the same place my whole life was." Being bound to a single tree brings all new meaning to a single place. The dryad sips her drink, and almost spits it all back out by sputtering. She coughs a bit and blinks her watery eyes.

9. - Top - End - #189

[QUOTE=LibrarianHuntar;12956394]
    Richard (Richardus Ventudil Seamillonne)
    All dragons are at least intimidated by the Barrow King, seing as he killed more than three full flights of dragons with a single spell (one flight is about twentyfive dragons based on the Year of Rouge Dragons and Draconic Prophecy novels). More than seventyfive dragons, all at least adult age. One an epic dragon. with one spell (Grimyard Death Lance, can hit up to caster level of creatures, does half caster level d12 negative energy damage to each creature hit with an extra 10d12 for each creature that dies, and the caster takes twice his caster level d12 of negative energy damage, so it healed the Barrow King). Young dragons usually consider him a bogeyman. He's killed more than eight hundred dragons in his lifetime, and he's older than most great wyrms. So yes, Richard is no running franticlly, asking everyone to "help help help help help". Did I mention he's a dragon, about nine feet tall, eighteen long and (without wings) 3 feet wide?

Spoiler
    Show
    Plot Hook Anyone? Large Dragon Runs From Obviously Evil Slightly Punny Necromancer In Tavern, Adventurers To Busy to defend The Beer!

Kinbarkinlonlos Masteneásp (King of the Barrows of the Kings Long Lost, Master of the Neásprungen)

"Hmm," says Kinbarkinlonlos, looking at the menu "I think I'll have a half negative level substitutionalized LEVEL UP LIQUER, if you can manage it." "Its a pity that dragons running off like that, you think he'd be happy to see me, I did grant him three Miracles, and I do so love my dracolich, skeletal dragon and vampire dragon minions." "Does anyone have any runic divine spell scrolls they'd be willing to barter for?" it/he asks
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2012-03-26 at 11:46 PM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190

"Do you feel it was worth this pain?" Bellan asks, mandibles twitching into a small smile. "Do you regret it?"

Before he can ask anything else, a tremendous cat barrels into the chair and flops down to rest. Bellan looks surprised. "That is... strange."

He looks up and spots Richard, running around like a headless chicken and asking for help. Bellan's smile falls. "As is that." When the dragon comes running past, he holds out a hand to stop him. "Are you alright?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-26 at 11:43 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Din sighs, settling down at a table in a corner. it was high time she finally did something to protect this world. the elf glances around the tavern

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty sighs and tries to back away from the cat. W-Who are y-you?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

For a change, using neither the roof nor the door, someone arrives. Specifically, a branded, tattooed, and cybernetically modified woman, though pretty enough if one doesn't mind that, enters via teleportation.

And, having arrived, Trium takes a seat, possibly waiting for someone. Or perhaps not. It is fairly rare that she gets a chance to simply relax, after all, so who knows?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    For a change, using neither the roof nor the door, someone arrives. Specifically, a branded, tattooed, and cybernetically modified woman, though pretty enough if one doesn't mind that, enters via teleportation.

And, having arrived, Trium takes a seat, possibly waiting for someone. Or perhaps not. It is fairly rare that she gets a chance to simply relax, after all, so who knows?
    Din glances over as the other woman enters . she thinks for a moment, and then taking her drink with her,sits down opposite Trium "heya...I couldn't help noticing..." she has to think for a bit about the end of that sentence...

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty sighs and tries to back away from the cat. W-Who are y-you?
    He sighs gently, scratches an ear with a huge paw, and considers the question.

I... have too many titles really. But as I'm here as Prism's brother, call me Shade. My dragon title. His deep voice rumbles with every breath, an effect of the soft purr, making the words elongated, slightly difficult to understand and oddly pleasant. Not threatening in the slightest. He silences again, watching Marty.

The half-elf needs not introduce himself, Shade already knows a lot about him. From where the werecat is sitting, he could probably even tell how fast his heart is beating.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    Din glances over as the other woman enters . she thinks for a moment, and then taking her drink with her,sits down opposite Trium "heya...I couldn't help noticing..." she has to think for a bit about the end of that sentence...
    "That I look rather unusual?" Trium suggests good-humoredly, smiling at her. "One of the costs of my abilities, I'm afraid. And my injuries, though I've come to like the quicksilver look the nano-augs give."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That I look rather unusual?" Trium suggests good-humoredly, smiling at her. "One of the costs of my abilities, I'm afraid. And my injuries, though I've come to like the quicksilver look the nano-augs give."
    Din blinks for a few seconds "sorry...I'm not too good at techno babble...but yes you do look very unique I guess."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Din blinks for a few seconds "sorry...I'm not too good at techno babble...but yes you do look very unique I guess."
    "Most of my body is made of nanobots," Trium explains, shrugging. "Though surprisingly, you're the first person who seems to have noticed anything unusual about me... Of course, from my memories, you're fairly unusual as well, though I certainly mean no offense; it's a nice oddness."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Most of my body is made of nanobots," Trium explains, shrugging. "Though surprisingly, you're the first person who seems to have noticed anything unusual about me... Of course, from my memories, you're fairly unusual as well, though I certainly mean no offense; it's a nice oddness."
    Din looks up "your memories? you know me? or are you comparing me with other people?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Din looks up "your memories? you know me? or are you comparing me with other people?"
    Trium shakes her head, frowning a bit.

"I'm afraid I don't know you, no... At least not that I know of, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything back. Just comparing you to the people where I'm from. Why? Did you forget where your memory-books are kept, and lose the things, or people, they were tied to?"

21. - Top - End - #201

"Bellan Vraal. A friend of Marty's," The giant stands and gives a brusque, solemn bow in greeting. "You... do not look like a dragon." Of course, his sister had not looked like an angel.

Bellan glances toward the dragon Richard, who's currently running about in a panic. "That looks like a dragon. Though a... strange example of one."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trium shakes her head, frowning a bit.

"I'm afraid I don't know you, no... At least not that I know of, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything back. Just comparing you to the people where I'm from. Why? Did you forget where your memory-books are kept, and lose the things, or people, they were tied to?"

"...I'm not quite sure what you are speaking about, but I do not have amnesia...I was just wondering...your expressions sounded strange"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Aeia takes the drink and eyes it curiously. "Same here. I never even knew how boring just being in the same place my whole life was." Being bound to a single tree brings all new meaning to a single place. The dryad sips her drink, and almost spits it all back out by sputtering. She coughs a bit and blinks her watery eyes.
    Phineas has to grin at Aeia's reaction to the drink. "I guess you're not used to drinking gin, eh? Yet another experience you wouldn't get if you stayed at home! I can get you something else if you want. No trouble." He doesn't know too much about dryads, but he probably should have guessed she wouldn't be tolerant of alcohol. Oh well, it's an experience, as he said.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-26 at 07:53 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

"No no, I'm fine. It's good." Aeia says, sounding entirely unconvincing. She does take another sip of her drink, if rather more hesitantly. She's going to struggle through that drink whatever it takes!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty stares at the cat. Did it just smile at him?! Y-You can t-t-talk?! P-Prism...Oh...sorry...Um. Who a-are y-you? Marty is awfully nervous around...everything really nowadays. He looks like the guy in my avatar.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Shade has already, sort of, answered who is, and doesn't like talking about himself anyways. So he focuses more on the giant, inclining his head slightly towards him in greeting. No. I don't. But then again, looks are deceiving. For under his skin and fur, resting in place, good and solid and hard, lie a complete set of glittering black scales.

He shifts his head slightly and follows the track of the running dragon with his eyes. Do... you require assistance?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Ermine flicks her ears in annoyance.

"Well dat was because she stole from me. Now gi-

And they flee! The pirate hisses her frustration and turns back to Angela.

"Sorry 'bout dat."
    Angela looks amused, not realizing the chimeras are bothered by her, and then sits down next to Ermine. Well, Rein told me you're a pirate, right? What's that like?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty gets out of his chair and starts backing to the nearest empty table. There he starts reading a letter over and over. B-Bellan? Were you s-saying s-something?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, aye. I be a fierce pirate."

Ermine adjusts her hat and strikes a pose. She's rather drunk at the moment.

"Mostly we shail aroun' tha world lookin' fer trouble. Raid towns, sink ships 'n plunder loot, tha' short o' fing. When I ain't, I drink 'n party."

The little mustelid twitches her whiskers.

"Ye could say dat a pirate'sh life be fer me."

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Goddess grins. Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Although drinking and partying is more my speed than fighting...
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid