New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] OoC 30

1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 30

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Hey Mindfreak.

I already have a superhero character. Who I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do with. If you have an idea of something you'd like to do with them, and they don't have to be a specific character, I would be glad to have Lightning Lass join in. :)
    Sounds cool ^_^
    Can you PM me a bit about her? I'll send you a bit about the character I was thinking of having be their leader of sorts...
    Who may or may not end up being their leader, depending on the 3 other Superheros brought in.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-12 at 12:09 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #752

Hey Mindfreak, I'd like to join that superhero thing.
    I pmed you about two possible chars :)
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Oh, um, sorry for the double post but...um...

Would anyone like to be a part of a team of 5 Superheros?
    And yes, re-watching the Teen Titans movie may have made me want something like this.
    What kind of superheroes? Golden age, pulp, cartoon, 80s action heroes, etc?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll throw in my current City of Heroes character.

I was actually planning on trying to (re)start a dedicated Superhero FFRP in the general thread, but a Nexus based team works too.

I'll PM you some details if you want. I'll need to figure out how to make him a little more distinct compared to Johannes though, since he's your basic Brick (Willpower/SS Tanker in game) and it might feel like I'm retreading old ground if I have two super strong guys running around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #755

My big wonder would be what are the heroes going to do?

That's one of the problems with heroes of all stripes. There needs to be constant, baddies to thwack, else you don't have another episode.

Just wondering if you have any ideas for solving that problem.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    What kind of superheroes? Golden age, pulp, cartoon, 80s action heroes, etc?
    What's the difference?

For reference of the heroes so far that are in it, here they are:
    Spoiler
    Show

Imagine a teenage girl version of this.

Her name is...
    Gamma Girl. A.K.A. Jane Letha.
    After her body was irradiated by gamma radiation, she was endowed by great powers. Her control over her powers so far have allowed her to create portals that link to other places in all shapes and sizes.

Due to the circumstances of her gain of power(being forced to test a machine her father made because men kidnapped her and her family. In the end her entire family died) she's vowed to make sure no other person would have to go through that, so she fights for justice! Which is also why she created the Justice Crew, to help in her cause.
    Player: Mindfreak

Lightning Lass
    "Caitlin Bishop"

She's your classic golden age hero type. Spunky and ready to kick some butt. A blonde bombshell, with a bit of a spark to her. :small wink:

Her abilities are Super-strength and Electrical Manipulation. Which are typically channeled together by wreathing her hands in lightning and punishing out the baddies.*

She lost all her friends and mentors in an attack on her college, badly injured she only barely managed to escape and despite her outward appearance of cheer she is haunted by the guilt and she has vowed vengeance against the perps.*
    Player: celtois

I would like it if people make sure that they'll be good about posting when poked about it though. Too many a good idea has gone awry due to such a thing. This isn't directed towards any one person though, in case someone takes it that way.

And Kris, a bit info about your hero?

And I remember when I made my Superhero FFRP...it was some good fun.
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #757

That's one of the problems with heroes of all stripes. There needs to be constant, baddies to thwack, else you don't have another episode.

Ah...I have no solution for that.

Except, perhaps, there are people who have characters they wanted to showcase them and they weren't interacted with and were forgotten. We could ask them to dredge up these people so they can be interacted with. Whether villain or hero, there might just be a way for the Justice Crew can be interacted with.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #758

Oh, um, sorry for the double post but...um...

Would anyone like to be a part of a team of 5 Superheros?
    And yes, re-watching the Teen Titans movie may have made me want something like this.
    I've got a few ideas for food themed heroes I'd like to try.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #759

Except, perhaps, there are people who have characters they wanted to showcase them and they weren't interacted with and were forgotten. We could ask them to dredge up these people so they can be interacted with. Whether villain or hero, there might just be a way for the Justice Crew can be interacted with.
    Why not raise a counterpart of supervillians at the same time?^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Marble
    David Pietŕ

Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Marble isn't quite sure what the hell he is, or where he came from. All indications seem to point towards being a magical golem of some sort, given that he's a literal marble statue, roughly 2.5 meters tall, only without that whole 'inanimacy' thing most marble statues are encumbered with. Physically speaking, he's perfect. Comparing him to Adonis would most likely be literally correct. A masterpiece worthy of Michelangelo, which only adds to the mystery of his origin.

He doesn't have any sort of angsty backstory, or single tragic event that drove him to heroism. He stopped a robbery once, and rather enjoyed the feeling of helping other people, so he resolved to do that sort of thing more often. He felt a little bit guilty about concussions he gave the robbers though. Turns out getting punched in the head with a fist made out of solid stone tends to be quite painful, especially when the man dealing the blows has the strength to punch out a speeding truck. That's why he tends to pull his punches, and includes specially padded fingerless gloves as part of his costume, to cushion his blows. The rest of his costume is pretty basic. A sleeveless black spandex bodysuit with white panelings, a black and gold belt, and black boots with similar white panelings.

Powerwise, aside from aforementioned strength, Mr. Marble possesses amazing durability, even for someone made out of solid stone (especially seeing as marble is a rather soft rock, which is part of what makes it so popular for sculptures), and has shown a remarkable ability to reconstruct himself from injury. However, he has shown a rather severe weakness to acid, which attacks his marble form, and sufficiently strong and sharp blows by a hard object can cause cracking and shattering.

In general, David as a person comes across as genuinely kindhearted (despite lacking a heart, or indeed, any internal organs as such) and empathetic, but more than a little naive and gullible, considering his memories start only a few years ago (and he hasn't built up the same level of paranoia as people like KR to compensate). He's slightly flamboyant, somewhat shallow and appearance orientated, usually impeccably dressed in designer clothes from big brands, which are not as hard to come by as you might think, given that he moonlights as a male model, having been involved in ads for such corporations as Magercrombie & Sirtch and Krebs Klein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #761

So far, all of the accepted heroes for the Justice Crew:
    Spoiler
    Show

For reference of the heroes so far that are in it, here they are:

Imagine a teenage girl version of this.

Her name is...
    Gamma Girl. A.K.A. Jane Letha.
    After her body was irradiated by gamma radiation, she was endowed by great powers. Her control over her powers so far have allowed her to create portals that link to other places in all shapes and sizes.

Due to the circumstances of her gain of power(being forced to test a machine her father made because men kidnapped her and her family. In the end her entire family died) she's vowed to make sure no other person would have to go through that, so she fights for justice! Which is also why she created the Justice Crew, to help in her cause.
    Player: Mindfreak

Lightning Lass
    "Caitlin Bishop"

She's your classic golden age hero type. Spunky and ready to kick some butt. A blonde bombshell, with a bit of a spark to her. :small wink:

Her abilities are Super-strength and Electrical Manipulation. Which are typically channeled together by wreathing her hands in lightning and punishing out the baddies.*

She lost all her friends and mentors in an attack on her college, badly injured she only barely managed to escape and despite her outward appearance of cheer she is haunted by the guilt and she has vowed vengeance against the perps.*
    Player: celtois

Name: Peter Sylvil AKA Morpheus
    Appearance:
    A skinny guy, tall, dark brown ear length hair, green eyes, quite handsome face.
    Powers: Illusion manipulation, thus creating illusions at will that feel as real as he wants them to be. Also a low level Empathy, making him able to read other people's emotions.
    Personality:
    Mostly quiet, ussually grumpy but nice when he feels people need it. Prefers to be on his own. Quite loyal to his friends.
    Player: Eadin

Mr. Marble isn't quite sure what the hell he is, or where he came from. All indications seem to point towards being a magical golem of some sort, given that he's a literal marble statue, roughly 2.5 meters tall, only without that whole 'inanimacy' thing most marble statues are encumbered with. Physically speaking, he's perfect. Comparing him to Adonis would most likely be literally correct. A masterpiece worthy of Michelangelo, which only adds to the mystery of his origin.*

He doesn't have any sort of angsty backstory, or single tragic event that drove him to heroism. He stopped a robbery once, and rather enjoyed the feeling of helping other people, so he resolved to do that sort of thing more often. He felt a little bit guilty about concussions he gave the robbers though. Turns out getting punched in the head with a fist made out of solid stone tends to be quite painful, especially when the man dealing the blows has the strength to punch out a speeding truck. That's why he tends to pull his punches, and includes specially padded fingerless gloves as part of his costume, to cushion his blows. The rest of his costume is pretty basic. A sleeveless black spandex bodysuit with white panelings, a black and gold belt, and black boots with similar white panelings.

Powerwise, aside from aforementioned strength, Mr. Marble possesses amazing durability, even for someone made out of solid stone (especially seeing as marble is a rather soft rock, which is part of what makes it so popular for sculptures), and has shown a remarkable ability to reconstruct himself from injury. However, he has shown a rather severe weakness to acid, which attacks his marble form, and sufficiently strong and sharp blows by a hard object can cause cracking and shattering.

In general, David as a person comes across as genuinely kindhearted (despite lacking a heart, or indeed, any internal organs as such) and empathetic, but more than a little naive and gullible, considering his memories start only a few years ago (and he hasn't built up the same level of paranoia as people like KR to compensate). He's slightly flamboyant, somewhat shallow and appearance orientated, usually impeccably dressed in designer clothes from big brands, which are not as hard to come by as you might think, given that he moonlights as a male model, having been involved in ads for such corporations as Magercrombie & Sirtch and Krebs Klein.
    Player: Kid Kris

I gotta say, I'm loving the cool heroes that are a part of it so far. We need one more person though. Give a description of your superhero of choice, and we'll see if they'll fit in.
    I'd like to have the final hero to also not like killing villains please.

And Zefir, very good idea. Though I hate playing super villains so I'm afraid I can't create such a thing.
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Villains? Indeed. I have a few that would be fun to thwack...though at the moment they're just basic thieves, and little stuff like that. Marciano and his "brother".

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

There are some supervillains in training. Hopefully they'll be sent out on field assignments soon. Or their plot clones could be.

*pokes that thread* Come on, people! Keep it moving!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-04-12 at 01:53 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

Um... hi guys. I wanna play this Nexus game. Can I?
    When in doubt, zap a human.

Come any closer, and I zap you to death.

Hail CrimsonAngel for creating my avatar!

HAIL DEATH PIG!

15. - Top - End - #765

So hey, I was wondering if the people who are so far involved with the Justice Crew would let me have Gamma Girl go and recruit them into the Justice Crew.
    Could be quite fun, and might be better than the simple hand-waving way of them coming together.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #766

I'd be down MF. Might not be around a lot more today. But I'd be down for that.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, Death Pig!

In fact, yes you can! In the opening post of this thread is a number of helpful links and guides to help you get started, and this thread is perfect for any questions you might have. It may seem a bit complicated at first, but it's easy enough to get used to and start having fun!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi Death! You can just drop a character off in Trogs!

19. - Top - End - #769

Oh, Celtois, in Trog's Gamma Girl is only going to be there for two posts. Just to give Lass an address then disappear mysteriously. So then you can send out a clone of Lass at your leisure.
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #770

MF: sounds good,I'll finish my posts and will pm you where I dropped Peter
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

21. - Top - End - #771
    Pixie in the Playground

did i do it right in trogs?

HAIL DEATH PIG!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. You're fine. Maybe add some more description?

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Don't fret if you don't want to answer this.
    But if I were to bring back one other character, besides Lightning Lass, who would you want it to be?
    Welcome back!
    And I would vote for Alexis, of course

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Yes. You're fine. Maybe add some more description?
    edited. is that okay?

HAIL DEATH PIG!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

You're fine. Description is always good.

26. - Top - End - #776

Decided against food theme. No good motivations

Young Star
    Louis Ramirez

Spoiler
    Show
    A meta-human who questined whether or not to use his powers as a hero. Motivated by his mentor, an retired mask called Dober-Man, his family legacy of super heroics, and the inspiration of his heroic idols, he took up the mask and the "Star" legacy.

His costume is a white jumpsuit with a blue star on his chest and a red gloves and boots. He wears a blue domino mask over his eyes.

His powers are very vanilla. Super strength and flight clocked around 60mph, 80 if he guns it. But he's got good control and knows how to play to his strengths. He can even box well.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #777

Cool. Thanks for the heads up MF. (Replied)

Thanks Bushranger! Haha naturally, .

28. - Top - End - #778

I gotta say, I'm loving the cool heroes that are a part of it so far. We need one more person though. Give a description of your superhero of choice, and we'll see if they'll fit in.
    I'd like to have the final hero to also not like killing villains please.

And Zefir, very good idea. Though I hate playing super villains so I'm afraid I can't create such a thing.
    Well, I do have a character at GLoG who's a mutant. From the Marvel universe. And she would like to be a hero.

Krystal

She had even picked out a hero name for herself at one point.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #779

*Pokes MF towards Inside*
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

Villains, eh?

Well, one of my characters recently donned his/her murdering gloves. We're about to have a trail of mysterious and gruesome death bisect Inside. I figured I'd call the event the "Bauta Killings" for reasons which won't be so opaque for a very lengthy time at all and see if anyone tugged on the line I cast to determine how it should proceed, so if anyone's particularly interested in that serious rp, that'll be starting after I take care of a few of the other plots I'm involved it. I've also got enough villains operating and in the works to keep a handful of heroes occupied for the most part.

Then again, for lighter rp, see Happy's suggestion.

I'll be back on in a few minutes. Still have a critical matter to attend to before I begin posting. Posting will be slow for a time thanks to my near daily dose of Calculus 3 homeworks. [GOING_INSANE!]Series have never been so fun![/GOING_INSANE!]