New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] OoC 30

1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 30

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Villains, eh?

Well, one of my characters recently donned his/her murdering gloves. We're about to have a trail of mysterious and gruesome death bisect Inside. I figured I'd call the event the "Bauta Killings" for reasons which won't be so opaque for a very lengthy time at all and see if anyone tugged on the line I cast to determine how it should proceed, so if anyone's particularly interested in that serious rp, that'll be starting after I take care of a few of the other plots I'm involved it. I've also got enough villains operating and in the works to keep a handful of heroes occupied for the most part.

Then again, for lighter rp, see Happy's suggestion.

I'll be back on in a few minutes. Still have a critical matter to attend to before I begin posting. Posting will be slow for a time thanks to my near daily dose of Calculus 3 homeworks. [GOING_INSANE!]Series have never been so fun![/GOING_INSANE!]
    I know one of these other plots you speak of...<_<...>_>...

Anyways, I also have a villain character that I've been wanting to get back into use. Ivaz.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh! Alexandrian, that reminds me, what are we going to do with/about Doc Godlark? Is whatever plan you had for him that was supposed to tie into something else or something still going to happen? I'd like to be able to play as him again, but just pretending that plot never happened without talking to you about it or anything would simply be rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #783

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    *Pokes MF towards Inside*
    Uh, what? What do you need me in inside for? And for everyone with heroes, cool your jets for now. I'll look at your characters when I get home. They both may very well get in, one more than what I was planning won't be too hard to work with.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #784

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1401

You posted there earlier today, and just sorta expected me to be following every post in Inside or something, I guess, since I was never told we were doing a scene or anything. I replied, because I happened to have been skimming though some other scene Rebo was doing when I saw the post.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-12 at 03:32 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Would two be too much more difficult than one? You posted this while I was out, so I missed it until there were already a ton of candidates posted, but I've got a hero from an offline game (that, unfortunately, died after the first session due to scheduling issues) that I wouldn't mind resurrecting if it would be possible for you to handle an additional extra.

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    What's the difference?
    Well, golden age heroes are like the original superman, plastic man and so forth, heroic fighting men and woman with little to no moral ambiguity. Cartoon-ish heroes are more like silver age, not entirely serious and with weird as hell stuff like Mxyzptlk, Batmite and orange kryptonite floating around. Pulp heroes are Sandman, certain version of Batman and some of the non-powered superheroes, more morally ambigous and often times doing more detective work than actual fighting. 90s action heroes are the 'darker and edgier' crowd of Wolverine/Punisher types who kill the hell outta everything and are often barely even "heroes" at all.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #787

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1401

You posted there earlier today, and just sorta expected me to be following every post in Inside or something, I guess, since I was never told we were doing a scene or anything. I replied, because I happened to have been skimming though some other scene Rebo was doing when I saw the post.
    Oh, sorry.
    That was for C'nor since Tirin and Elena were going grocery shopping and you once said to me you didn't need to know all the time...

And C'nor, I can handle two more. The Teen Titans themselves got toms of extra members.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #788

Oh, alright. *Awkwardly flies off, then*

Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahahahaha. ^^ That made my day.

10. - Top - End - #790

Guys...what's with all the people going after to save Moff?
    It's not like I want to discourage anyone here but really now...come on...
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

...You know, that looks much stranger if you're at an angle to the screen that makes the jetpack blend with the background.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Misha doesn't want to save Moff. She wants to eat him.

Does that help?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #793

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Misha doesn't want to save Moff. She wants to eat him.

Does that help?
    Well no...
    It just kinda feels like their trying to take over what I'm trying to do. Because if everyone's going after him, what's the point of me sending out my lifeguard in the first place?
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Because you wanted to roleplay a lifeguard? And if Beachside does become a permanent location, Moff won't be the only person in need of rescuing.

Besides, saving Moff from Misha would also could as guarding his life.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #795

*facepalms*

LOOK.

I posted in Beachside before I read OoC and saw that there was a big clusterflup over who got to save some random Moff. I had planned to post for Misha attempting to save Moff 101 since Happy had him go missing, since she was going to try to grab a Moff anyway at some point.

Note, I said attempting. You know what that is? The part where everyone makes an attempt, and works out who does what like rational people rather than just going ahead and godmodding? I'm not trying to steal your nameless NPC's thunder here Mindfreak, I had an action planned and I went ahead with it.

Complaining about that when you just now did the same, far less tactfully in my opinion, is unbecoming. I'm just going to have Misha swim off and be somewhere else, since she has Kal and others out for her blood, and that's that. It's between KK and you who can save the Moff, alright?
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #796

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    *facepalms*

LOOK.

I posted in Beachside before I read OoC and saw that there was a big clusterflup over who got to save some random Moff. I had planned to post for Misha attempting to save Moff 101 since Happy had him go missing, since she was going to try to grab a Moff anyway at some point.

Note, I said attempting. You know what that is? The part where everyone makes an attempt, and works out who does what like rational people rather than just going ahead and godmodding? I'm not trying to steal your nameless NPC's thunder here Mindfreak, I had an action planned and I went ahead with it.

Complaining about that when you just now did the same, far less tactfully in my opinion, is unbecoming. I'm just going to have Misha swim off and be somewhere else, since she has Kal and others out for her blood, and that's that. It's between KK and you who can save the Moff, alright?
    I didn't think him diving and grabbing Moff was a problem as A) Happy said he was out cold. And therefore I didn't think there'd be anything wrong with it being a sure thing since he wouldn't be able to react anyways.
    And because I'm rational I put him trying to swim back up as an attempt so others may try to intercept him in his rescue, which I thought would be the better course of action then the usual one up posts that follow.
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #797

Yes, I find coming back from supper to see a slew of complaints about my actions makes me quite rational MF. From where I stand, you seemed to feel I was invalidating your actions on purpose, just to spite you. I explained that I wasn't, and why, and then as a token of good will I rescinded my actions rather than press the matter further, because you clearly wanted this more for whatever reason.

So please, don't go casting aspersions on my rationality after all of this is already done with. I'd really not enjoy having my day ruined further.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Pixie in the Playground

>.<

I forgot about both of those plots, actually.

Let's start with the easiest to address first.

@Lord Magtok: I was leading up to a scene where Tom would see Percilia's left arm being sliced off and replaced with something incredibly powerful and demonic. If you've played the video game God Hand, the artifact looks very much like the relic-arm. Then he was to be given an ultimatum, to join a group of god-killers based off of the Illuminati or never be able to reestablish contact with Percilia, whose memory, he would learn, was wiped. The ending is pretty much up in the air as is, with multiple sad outcomes and a couple good ones I can envision.

@KerfuffleMach2: There's not going to be any fighting erupting in the GLoG scene, so I'll briefly go over the information the Demon Queen would be able to squeeze out of Beth and her husband.

Neither of them are serial killers, but they could be classified as willing murderers. They're working for a mob boss named Butch, but they thought he was someone who he apparently wasn't, and got caught up in a web of lies with no way out except the conventional bodybag. They'll point them in the direction of the theater Percilia will be assaulting alongside MURDER when RB decides to respond to the last post I left concerning the phone call.

And, if circumstances are favorable enough, both groups shall arrive at the same time.

Meanwhile, Percilia will go and have her arm removed in the surgery she told Trace about long ago, although she neglected to make mention of those specifics...

Sound good? If you want to finish rping the scene in GLoG, that's fine, but the plot will move nice and fast this way, with an interval where my input won't be necessary from now until whenever both assault teams have been assembled.

Edit:

And guys? We don't really need to fight over who rescues Moff. I understand everyone's exasperation involving it, but we should all be one big happy family here for the most part! Something this trivial isn't worth bickering over. The way I see it, it should be treated just like the flag fight in the bootcamp thread, a free for all unless the one in control, Happy, dictates that it is exclusive.

I will say, however, that I had no idea Moff was so popular with the men. He should try drowning himself more often!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-12 at 05:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #799

@KerfuffleMach2: There's not going to be any fighting erupting in the GLoG scene, so I'll briefly go over the information the Demon Queen would be able to squeeze out of Beth and her husband.

Neither of them are serial killers, but they could be classified as willing murderers. They're working for a mob boss named Butch, but they thought he was someone who he apparently wasn't, and got caught up in a web of lies with no way out except the conventional bodybag. They'll point them in the direction of the theater Percilia will be assaulting alongside MURDER when RB decides to respond to the last post I left concerning the phone call.

And, if circumstances are favorable enough, both groups shall arrive at the same time.

Meanwhile, Percilia will go and have her arm removed in the surgery she told Trace about long ago, although she neglected to make mention of those specifics...

Sound good? If you want to finish rping the scene in GLoG, that's fine, but the plot will move nice and fast this way, with an interval where my input won't be necessary from now until whenever both assault teams have been assembled.
    Sounds good, then. Is this theater in Inside? Cause I could start having Demon Queen move there now. And, Shrike can come. I guess. If BR wants. I mean, Demon Queen did kind of drag her into it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

eek Re: [Nexus] OoC 30

After a prolonged absence, I have decided to start posting on The Nexus again.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay!

22. - Top - End - #802

Alex, I'm not sure how I can respond to the last post you left in MURDER. You already had Percilia hang up.

Murkus and Zefir have characters that'll be going to the theater.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

Yep. The theater is in Inside. Yellow Zone, if that makes much of a difference. Feel free to bring as large a team as you wish. I'll adjust the enemies and size of the battlefield accordingly.

Edit: Is the team already en route, then? Just wondering in case I missed anything. The relaying of information and arrival at the meeting place indicated is what I'm waiting for.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-12 at 06:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Pixie in the Playground

Noodle, how strong is he door?
    When in doubt, zap a human.

Come any closer, and I zap you to death.

Hail CrimsonAngel for creating my avatar!

HAIL DEATH PIG!

25. - Top - End - #805

Yep. The theater is in Inside. Yellow Zone, if that makes much of a difference. Feel free to bring as large a team as you wish. I'll adjust the enemies and size of the battlefield accordingly.

Edit: Is the team already en route, then? Just wondering in case I missed anything. The relaying of information and arrival at the meeting place indicated is what I'm waiting for.
    Well, the information was given, but we're waiting on them.

26. - Top - End - #806

Alrighty. Let me see if BR is still up for this with Shrike. Either way, Demon Queen will be coming.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a rickety Trog's Door. Easily broken.

28. - Top - End - #808

Um, Kerfluffel, Orchestra, Kris, C'nor...
    Where might I be able to find your characters?
    For the Justice Crew, that is.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Eadin, quick question for you - the person I was thinking of bringing back was known as Spectrum, and he had light manipulation, as well as some vibratory abilities. Since I just realized that light manipulation is pretty close to your character's illusions, though silent and non-tactile, would you prefer it if I cut that out and replaced it with something else?

30. - Top - End - #810
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Hi C'nor!

Did you get around to the Tiefling's post in the DFI? If not, that's fine. I just don't want to overlook it.

AND

*climbs up on soap box*

[shouting]If I owe anyone a post, please, please poke me by PM! I have a ton of threads to catch up on and I don't want to forget anybody![/shouting]

*climbs back down*
    *has a coughing fit*
    *takes a nap*
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)