New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    (Its kinda hard to be a jerk to the pony who helped her a lot during a certain wilderness side track)

"Very well, go on inside,"
    She said as she poofed away into her tower. Inside she started pouring him a glass of water.
    (Oh? Then let's see how she might handle a little temptation...)

Sandy took off for the big window, seeing how she didn't bother to tell him which one to use. The decor...really wasn't surprising. Cold stone, more books than some smaller libraries, perfect for a mage who preferred her privacy.

He waited over by the couch for the promised water, momentarily setting his saddlebags down. The flap opened, clearly showing the incriminating papers, and it looked as though his notes on Gwyn just happened to be peeking out of the stack. "Sorry for just poppin' out of the blue on all this, but I haven't hardly sent anythin' back aside from the all-clear. They must be gettin' antsy, not knowin' the full story." Seeing how she seemed like she could use a little decent news in this unsavory visit, he added, "And don't worry; this report'll be for the Princess' eyes only. Apart from you 'n me, nopony even knows it's headed t'them. Now if I can just keep all my notes together until tonight...heh..." Knowing his luck, he'd probably go and drop an important page in a mud puddle, or into a fire, or maybe into a mud puddle on fire.

[Outside]

Garion noticed Miss Gwyn poof away, and then the strange pony flew inside. Weird. He could hear voices inside, ponies talking, so he wasn't a thief. If only he was allowed through the front door, then he could go up and keep an eye on him. Or if he had wings, he could go through that window. Or maybe just a big thing he could climb up...

Garion eyeballed how long Wyrmple was, and the height of the second story window.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    (Oh? Then let's see how she might handle a little temptation...)

Sandy took off for the big window, seeing how she didn't bother to tell him which one to use. The decor...really wasn't surprising. Cold stone, more books than some smaller libraries, perfect for a mage who preferred her privacy.

He waited over by the couch for the promised water, momentarily setting his saddlebags down. The flap opened, clearly showing the incriminating papers, and it looked as though his notes on Gwyn just happened to be peeking out of the stack. "Sorry for just poppin' out of the blue on all this, but I haven't hardly sent anythin' back aside from the all-clear. They must be gettin' antsy, not knowin' the full story." Seeing how she seemed like she could use a little decent news in this unsavory visit, he added, "And don't worry; this report'll be for the Princess' eyes only. Apart from you 'n me, nopony even knows it's headed t'them. Now if I can just keep all my notes together until tonight...heh..." Knowing his luck, he'd probably go and drop an important page in a mud puddle, or into a fire, or maybe into a mud puddle on fire.

"Knowing that even if it was only for the princesses' eyes is worrisome enough,"
    She muttered as she levitated the glass of water with a straw over to Sandy.

[Outside]

Garion noticed Miss Gwyn poof away, and then the strange pony flew inside. Weird. He could hear voices inside, ponies talking, so he wasn't a thief. If only he was allowed through the front door, then he could go up and keep an eye on him. Or if he had wings, he could go through that window. Or maybe just a big thing he could climb up...

Garion eyeballed how long Wyrmple was, and the height of the second story window.
    (I forgot to mention, there is no front door on the outside )

Wrymple looked big but it couldn't raise itself that far for a certain little foal to try to get the wurm to lift them up. The foal would be five feet under the window.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

"Knowing that even if it was only for the princesses' eyes is worrisome enough,"
    She muttered as she levitated the glass of water with a straw over to Sandy.
    Sandy gratefully gulped down the water. "S'not much t'worry about. They're more likely t'send help than hoofcuffs, or at least, that's what I've seen."

(I forgot to mention, there is no front door on the outside )

Wrymple looked big but it couldn't raise itself that far for a certain little foal to try to get the wurm to lift them up. The foal would be five feet under the window.
    (Man, it's almost like she doesn't want visitors or something. )

Drats! It'd be just short. But Garion wasn't out of allies yet...

He bounced his way over to the puppy and gave her a good ear-scratching. "Sugar! Can you fly up to that window and lower a rope down?"

(About how big is Sugar compared to a pony?)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Drats! It'd be just short. But Garion wasn't out of allies yet...

He bounced his way over to the puppy and gave her a good ear-scratching. "Sugar! Can you fly up to that window and lower a rope down?"

(About how big is Sugar compared to a pony?)
    (Sugar is currently about the size of Winona or Apple Bloom but as she is only 6 months, she'll grow a little more. She's a collie mixed with something else.)

Sugar turned her head sideways. She heard the word "fly" but saw no bird. Did the foal thing she was a bird?

She barked loud to remind him she is a dog. Arf Arf Dog.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-05-13 at 08:58 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy gratefully gulped down the water. "S'not much t'worry about. They're more likely t'send help than hoofcuffs, or at least, that's what I've seen."

(pretty much ;D )

"Its not that, its more about the shame,"
    She said tensely. She walked over from the kitchen and sat on the couch with Sandy, two seat cushions over.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    (Sugar is currently about the size of Winona or Apple Bloom but as she is only 6 months, she'll grow a little more. She's a collie mixed with something else.)

Sugar turned her head sideways. She heard the word "fly" but saw no bird. Did the foal thing she was a bird?

She barked loud to remind him she is a dog. Arf Arf Dog.
    Despite his best wishes that Sugar was secretely some sort of dragon-dog, apparently that wasn't the case. She still got a few scratches behind the ear for being a good sport.

Still, that last couple of feet. Maybe he could bounce the rest of the way up? The foal started jumping, bouncing off Wyrmple's squishy belly. Higher and higher, but still not quite enough to clear the distance. Sugar would get a good shaking from being so close to the foal.

(pretty much ;D )

"Its not that, its more about the shame,"
    She said tensely. She walked over from the kitchen and sat on the couch with Sandy, two seat cushions over.
    Sandy sat as well, though on the opposite side of the couch. At least this mage respected his personal space. "I know. It's...not somethin' pleasant. Not real pleasant at all." He looked into his half-full glass, as if the answers to his own problems laid at the bottom. "But, it's somethin' that's got to be done. Sittin' on it don't do anypony any favors." The lines sounded hollow and unconvincing, even to himself.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-13 at 01:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy sat as well, though on the opposite side of the couch. At least this mage respected his personal space. "I know. It's...not somethin' pleasant. Not real pleasant at all." He looked into his half-full glass, as if the answers to his own problems laid at the bottom. "But, it's somethin' that's got to be done. Sittin' on it don't do anypony any favors." The lines sounded hollow and unconvincing, even to himself.

She didn't say anything, she let the silence do it for her. She just stared straight ahead at the bookcase, eyes not focused on anything in particular. With the silence, the music box actually sounded loud to her despite it being so low in volume.

"Do you need anymore water before you go?"
    She asked.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Despite his best wishes that Sugar was secretely some sort of dragon-dog, apparently that wasn't the case. She still got a few scratches behind the ear for being a good sport.

Still, that last couple of feet. Maybe he could bounce the rest of the way up? The foal started jumping, bouncing off Wyrmple's squishy belly. Higher and higher, but still not quite enough to clear the distance. Sugar would get a good shaking from being so close to the foal.

Sugar did not appreciate the shaking caused by Garion's jumping. She was already a bit green in the face. The puppy immediately leaped onto the wall as a desperate attempt to escape.

But she was now stuck to the wall in terrified clinging. Sugar howled and bawwed for freedom.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

She didn't say anything, she let the silence do it for her. She just stared straight ahead at the bookcase, eyes not focused on anything in particular. With the silence, the music box actually sounded loud to her despite it being so low in volume.

"Do you need anymore water before you go?"
    She asked.
    Yeah, he wasn't exactly buying his words of wisdom today either. That little report filled with his failings ate up his mind. Gwynfillion startled him out of a good mope with her question. "Wha? Oh, sure. A glass of water would be-"

"I require no further water to function. Additional water would be appreciated, but non-vital." Sandy simply rolled his eyes. Maybe one day, he'd be able to speak plainly again. "*ahem* Glass of water'd be nice, if it's not too much trouble, that is."

When she went to go fetch the water, Sandy turned to fuss with his saddlebags, keeping his back to the kitchen area and the plum pony.

Sugar did not appreciate the shaking caused by Garion's jumping. She was already a bit green in the face. The puppy immediately leaped onto the wall as a desperate attempt to escape.

But she was now stuck to the wall in terrified clinging. Sugar howled and bawwed for freedom.
    "Sugar!" Garion flubbed his landing, bouncing to a halt in a little heap of limbs. No time for fun and games now, Sugar was in trouble! Instead of picking himself up, the colt crawled along the springy belly towards the pup. In a flash of inspiration, Garion reared up and planted both forehooves against the wall, resting his hind legs on Wyrmple's belly. A foal-bridge extended from the wall beneath Sugar and the relative safety of the wurm. "Come on, Sugar, just let go!" he pleaded with the pup.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sugar!" Garion flubbed his landing, bouncing to a halt in a little heap of limbs. No time for fun and games now, Sugar was in trouble! Instead of picking himself up, the colt crawled along the springy belly towards the pup. In a flash of inspiration, Garion reared up and planted both forehooves against the wall, resting his hind legs on Wyrmple's belly. A foal-bridge extended from the wall beneath Sugar and the relative safety of the wurm. "Come on, Sugar, just let go!" he pleaded with the pup.
    Sugar howled again. Still terrified, Sugar still clings to the wall.

But alas, Sugar was not a cat. She was a dog with lesser sharp claws. So the puppy fell dramatically....

Right into Garion's outstrecthed legs. She was saved in the hooves of the heroic foal. Many doggie kisses were given.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

She gave him an odd look and shook her head choosing to just disregard it instead. She refilled his water and returned to him at the couch. "Here you go."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar howled again. Still terrified, Sugar still clings to the wall.

But alas, Sugar was not a cat. She was a dog with lesser sharp claws. So the puppy fell dramatically....

Right into Garion's outstrecthed legs. She was saved in the hooves of the heroic foal. Many doggie kisses were given.
    Today just wasn't his day for keeping his mane clean. Gwyn would have a fit if she saw this. "Easy, Sugar, easy. We can play fetch once we...get down..." Say, how were they getting down? With all his hooves occupied keeping them off the ground, he couldn't exactly pull them back onto Wyrmple. He tried talking to the pup amid a flurry of kisses. "Sugar, climb back over on my back, and pull me back on to safety. It's the only way we'll survive!"

Clearly he'd been taking ham lessons from his caretakers.

She gave him an odd look and shook her head choosing to just disregard it instead. She refilled his water and returned to him at the couch. "Here you go."
    A quick gulp and...nope, she didn't put anything in this one either.

Sandy fastened up his bags and went to the window, before turning to give a few final words. "Thanks for that. And...for what it's worth, you don't seem half bad t'me." He heard the happy cries of the foal below, and dramatically turned away, sun silhouetting the small pegasus against the wide, open window. At least...she's got a chance to make things right...

Clearly, there was some sort of ham-inducing mineral in the water.

(Orzel, methinks the Cap'n is waiting on Rainbow in FWM)

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Today just wasn't his day for keeping his mane clean. Gwyn would have a fit if she saw this. "Easy, Sugar, easy. We can play fetch once we...get down..." Say, how were they getting down? With all his hooves occupied keeping them off the ground, he couldn't exactly pull them back onto Wyrmple. He tried talking to the pup amid a flurry of kisses. "Sugar, climb back over on my back, and pull me back on to safety. It's the only way we'll survive!"

Clearly he'd been taking ham lessons from his caretakers.
    Sugar arfed a salute and ended the tongue assault. Instead, she shimmied over Garion to get to his back. Then the puppy bit onto the foals tail and tugged him down.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy fastened up his bags and went to the window, before turning to give a few final words. "Thanks for that. And...for what it's worth, you don't seem half bad t'me." He heard the happy cries of the foal below, and dramatically turned away, sun silhouetting the small pegasus against the wide, open window. At least...she's got a chance to make things right...

Clearly, there was some sort of ham-inducing mineral in the water.

(Orzel, methinks the Cap'n is waiting on Rainbow in FWM)

"I...uhm...thanks I guess,"
    Gwynfillion said watching his ham, she walked toward the window in a sort of walking him out sort of gesture. She then heard a shout of foalish ham and pushed Sandy out of the way and peered out.

"Ack...Garion...!"
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-13 at 10:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar arfed a salute and ended the tongue assault. Instead, she shimmied over Garion to get to his back. Then the puppy bit onto the foals tail and tugged him down.
    With a yelp of pain, Garion flopped over backwards onto the safety of Wyrmple's stomach. For her valiant efforts and cool head in the line of duty, he awarded Sugar a good, vigorous belly rub. "That's a good girl, Sugar, you saved me!" And, just in case Wyrmple was feeling left out, it got a little pat on the belly for holding still. "You too Wyrmple. Good job everybody!"

"I...uhm...thanks I guess,"
    Gwynfillion said watching his ham, she walked toward the window in a sort of walking him out sort of gesture. She then heard a shout of foalish ham and pushed Sandy out of the way and peered out.

"Ack...Garion...!"
    The foal froze, eyes wide as his caretaker suddenly appeared at the window. His mane was a mess! Oh so casually, he shifted his hooves up over his mane and adopted the most innocent, most nervous smile he could. "Oh, uh, hello there Miss Gwyn. I was just...playing with Sugar and Wyrmple...heh heh..."

Meanwhile, back in the room, Sandy tumbled over right on his rump, somehow managing to spill his notes all over the floor. "Oh fer the love of..." Thankfully, his other mild obscenities were too quiet for anypony to hear. The pegasus crawled along the stony floor, hunting down his runaway papers.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Wrymple gurgled bashfully, taking to Garion's tone of voice as he praised the purple wurm. It thumped its back end happily making a small cloud of dust and grass kick up.

Gwynfillion put her hoof over her chest and sighed a breath of relief, forgetting Sandy in the process. "You scared me for a moment....just what were you doing?"

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

With a yelp of pain, Garion flopped over backwards onto the safety of Wyrmple's stomach. For her valiant efforts and cool head in the line of duty, he awarded Sugar a good, vigorous belly rub. "That's a good girl, Sugar, you saved me!" And, just in case Wyrmple was feeling left out, it got a little pat on the belly for holding still. "You too Wyrmple. Good job everybody!"
    Sugar barked happily. She adored praise. The puppy backed again and then yawned.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Wrymple gurgled bashfully, taking to Garion's tone of voice as he praised the purple wurm. It thumped its back end happily making a small cloud of dust and grass kick up.

Gwynfillion put her hoof over her chest and sighed a breath of relief, forgetting Sandy in the process. "You scared me for a moment....just what were you doing?"
    So far so good, mane has not been noticed yet, just had to keep her distracted. "Sugar got trapped up on the wall and was going to fall down, so I had to try and save her, and I did." He would've patted the sleepy pup's head, but that would've mean revealing his messy mane. He opted for a hind-leg belly rub.

As for the pony Miss Gwyn was ignoring, he was gathering up his papers which, naturally, had spilled out almost everywhere. Any paper he found got stuffed back in his saddlebags. Order didn't matter so much, he could just fix that once he got home. He was making good progress, until his hooves found two bundles of papers. One was the set of notes he'd just made on Gwynfillion. The other...were the notes he'd made on Sweetheart. The full details of how a pony effortlessly did his job, the job he'd never failed at for nearly four years now.

It's not about that...it's more about the shame...

Maybe...maybe he could do them both a favor here. While Gwyn had her back turned, and before his nerve left him, he slipped a few of the Sweetheart notes in the middle of Gwyn's notes. The whole stack he quickly slid under the couch, though in his haste, he threw them so hard a single corner stuck out on one side. The deed done, he rushed to gather up the rest of his notes.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

"And what was Sugar doing trapped on the wall?" She questioned further, her fore hooves planted on the windowsill as she looked down at the foal on the ground. Because of the distance, she had to yell, and just made her come off as angry.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

"And what was Sugar doing trapped on the wall?" She questioned further, her fore hooves planted on the windowsill as she looked down at the foal on the ground. Because of the distance, she had to yell, and just made her come off as angry.
    Garion shrunk down, eyes starting to well up with moisture. He'd never heard her talk like that before. "I...I think I accidentally bounced her off. I was seeing how high I could bounce, and I didn't know she'd start jumping too, and then she was on the wall..."

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Garion shrunk down, eyes starting to well up with moisture. He'd never heard her talk like that before. "I...I think I accidentally bounced her off. I was seeing how high I could bounce, and I didn't know she'd start jumping too, and then she was on the wall..."

"Bounce her off?..." She shook her head, sighed and teleported herself down. Not having to yell, her voice was more even. "You're alright though, right?"

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

"Bounce her off?..." She shook her head, sighed and teleported herself down. Not having to yell, her voice was more even. "You're alright though, right?"
    Now that he didn't have to look up, Garion got up on his haunches, still with forelegs over his mane. "Yea-I mean, Yes, I'm fine." The little colt sniffed once, still on the verge of tears. "You're not mad, are you?"

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Now that he didn't have to look up, Garion got up on his haunches, still with forelegs over his mane. "Yea-I mean, Yes, I'm fine." The little colt sniffed once, still on the verge of tears. "You're not mad, are you?"

"What...no...I'm not mad...I got worried...."
    She looked at the foal and furrowed her brows. "Gyah...don't cry Garion..." She gestured for him to wipe his eyes.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

"What...no...I'm not mad...I got worried...."
    She looked at the foal and furrowed her brows. "Gyah...don't cry Garion..." She gestured for him to wipe his eyes.
    The foal, momentarily letting his defenses down, took a foreleg off his head to wipe his eyes, giving Gwyn a partial look at his mussed-up mane. "I'm not crying..." he protested, sniffing once again. At least his eyes weren't so watery anymore.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

The foal, momentarily letting his defenses down, took a foreleg off his head to wipe his eyes, giving Gwyn a partial look at his mussed-up mane. "I'm not crying..." he protested, sniffing once again. At least his eyes weren't so watery anymore.
    She frowned and pulled the foal into a hug as it seemed appropriate right now. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as mad, I just got worried for a moment."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

She frowned and pulled the foal into a hug as it seemed appropriate right now. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as mad, I just got worried for a moment."
    The little foal found himself swept up in a warm, fluffy embrace that chased away the tears. He gave a last sniffle and hugged her back. "I'm okay now, Miss Gwyn. Gentlecolts shouldn't cry anyways." Garion gave her a little nuzzle, getting a bit of his drool-filled mane on her barrel. But he was far too busy with hugs to notice.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sugar sleepily baked. She wanted attention too. The long tired tongue of the puppy tapped the roof of her mouth and then dropped for panting.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

The little foal found himself swept up in a warm, fluffy embrace that chased away the tears. He gave a last sniffle and hugged her back. "I'm okay now, Miss Gwyn. Gentlecolts shouldn't cry anyways." Garion gave her a little nuzzle, getting a bit of his drool-filled mane on her barrel. But he was far too busy with hugs to notice.

She grimaced at her barrel getting bits of drool mane, not something that pleasant. She pulled back from the hug. "Anyways, I almost forgot to tell you, but a.......uh...friend of mine, and her little friends, are having a slumber party, and you were invited. Does that sound like something you'd like to do?"

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

She grimaced at her barrel getting bits of drool mane, not something that pleasant. She pulled back from the hug. "Anyways, I almost forgot to tell you, but a.......uh...friend of mine, and her little friends, are having a slumber party, and you were invited. Does that sound like something you'd like to do?"
    Garion tilted his head in confusion. A rather common sight over the last two weeks. "A slumber...party? What's that? A party where everypony sleeps?" True, naptime was rather nice, but sleeping with a bunch of other ponies just sounded silly.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Garion tilted his head in confusion. A rather common sight over the last two weeks. "A slumber...party? What's that? A party where everypony sleeps?" True, naptime was rather nice, but sleeping with a bunch of other ponies just sounded silly.

"No and yes....A slumber party....is where foals....have a party, play games, eat snacks, etc, and then at night time they all sleep together on the floor...or something,"
    Admittedly, she had never been invited to one herself in her youth, but hey.