New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1206
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

"Respiratory." Grills' mouth corner lowered for a second. Then he forced a smile. "Well this is Miss Foxglove, Garion. You can help her if she needs it."

then the brown unicorn with the burnt red mane turned to Foxglove. "Foxglove, this is Garion. Is there any way he can aid you if Sugar's caretaking?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvermane frowned as she ran her own scan, after checking Sugar over with her physical senses. Finally, she stepped back to address Grills.

"Has she been acting, um, differently than normal?" she asked. "Lethargy, restlessness, refusing to sit or lay down, stuff like that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmm....See up that staircase of branches?"

Foxglove motioned to a small hanging stretch of branches that led to a small off-shoot of the various clusters of rooms that constituted her tree-house. It wasn't her main entrance, but a small side-room and its associated staircase.

"The in there is where I keep my medicines. There should be a box on the bottom shelf containing some glass jars, and those jars should have some leaves and pastes in them. That's what we need right now."

She wasn't sure exactly what was up, and would wait to get Silvermane's opinion before actually starting treatment, since this was a really odd set of problems.... But she wanted to get some medicine down so it'd be on-hand, particularly a few things that might let the puppy throw up whatever was in her stomach.

Difficulty breathing....Foreign object...Hm. That was an idea.

"Oh, and...If you're really careful, there's a locked box. It's much smaller, but please don't shake it or anything. It's got a drawing that's a needle and a cloud on it. And also a butterfly."

She had labeled the box herself.
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-05-10 at 02:34 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Garion threw a tidy salute, puffing out his little chest as far as it'd go. "Yes Ma'am Miss Foxglove!" The little colt scampered over to the staircase by the treehouse and hopped his way up. Oh, it would be so tempting to explore; how often would a colt get the chance to see a house in a tree?! But no! The Foxglove-lady had asked him to get the medicines, and he would not be distracted! He'd get them, bring them back nice and carefully, and then Sugar-dog-lady would get all better.

Just get the medicines...just get the medicines... Garion thought to himself as he climbed the last of the stairs and looked around.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Silvermane frowned as she ran her own scan, after checking Sugar over with her physical senses. Finally, she stepped back to address Grills.

"Has she been acting, um, differently than normal?" she asked. "Lethargy, restlessness, refusing to sit or lay down, stuff like that?"
    Grills poutee and looked down at the puppy. Then he turned to watch his ward shuffle away into the treehousd. "Well, I found hear laying down. And she wouldn't get up from her belly. Even when I offered food. All she does is stare at me. Not her normal attitude."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

This put him on a landing outside the room that was Foxglove's medical/animal care storage, with a rope-and-branch bridge leading towards the rest of her house.

The choices are his and his alone!

----

((I will edit in the rest when I absolutely clear this with Hawk. And anyone else who wants an opinion.))
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    This put him on a landing outside the room that was Foxglove's medical/animal care storage, with a rope-and-branch bridge leading towards the rest of her house.

The choices are his and his alone!
    As Garion finished his hop-climb, he came to a startling realization; Miss Foxglove hadn't told him which room the boxes were in! He turned to hop back down the stairs to ask when he stopped dead in his tracks.

No. Miss Foxglove asked him to find those boxes. Miss Foxglove trusted him to find those boxes. Her faith, and Sugar's feeling-better, were in his hooves now. And a true, big-pony gentlecolt did not disappoint a Lady. Much less a pair of Ladies.

With head held high - and chest puffed out - Garion marched his way into the storage room.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

The room was full of odd things. Mostly plants -- there was a whole potted bush by the window, and on the table were rows of semi-sorted leaves, branches, fruits, and roots, left to dry. The walls had shelves with dark bottles and jars full of pastes and leaves and odd, indistinct objects, and the other side of the room had a series of small boxes.

And various shiny medical equipment hung from the walls. Most of them were milder stuff -- but hey, wasn't that one of those shiny doctor-reflectors? And that's a stethoscope... But the rest of it probably looked alien and strange.

She had told him where the jar she wanted was, though. Bottom shelf.
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-05-13 at 03:13 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Oh...

Oh my...

Garion stood slack-jawed, the dazzling array of foreign, mysterious, and most importantly, shiny tools reflecting in his wide, green eyes. They cast their spell upon his foalish brain, sending his imagination reeling with thoughts of what they might do. That twirly thing could be used to fluff up squirrel tails! And that twisty thing, that could be used to un-stub a paw! And that droopy one, that must be for dog ears when they get too-Sugar!

The colt gasped and shook his head. Those darn tools! Getting him all distracted with their shininess, their funny shapes, their mysterious-no! Bad Garion! There's a job that needs doing! Turning his head from the dark, evil tools, he marched on over to the bottom shelf, dug around until he found the darn jar, and marched straight out with it.

He couldn't understand how the doctor-mirror, stethoscope, and twirly thing ended up coming along for the ride, but he was but a simple colt, unable to understand the whims and fancies of Providence.

(I can't recall if the other box was in the storeroom or not. If it is, he'll grab that too and head back. Otherwise, he'll trot onward across the bridge.)

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

((It was.))

Assuming he makes it out without further incident, Foxglove sees him and turns her head, waving him down.
    She has decided to check for swelling at the puppy's throat, looking for the coughing...But, not finding any, she decides that the box, at least, won't be needed.

"...Hmm...Do you think it's poison?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

((It was.))

Assuming he makes it out without further incident, Foxglove sees him and turns her head, waving him down.
    She has decided to check for swelling at the puppy's throat, looking for the coughing...But, not finding any, she decides that the box, at least, won't be needed.

Grills looked down at his pup and rubbed his forehead. "Oh... I don't know. Sugar was just sitting there unresponsive to her food.."

No swelling could be found in the puppy's mouth. There were bits of green leaves and slow puppy breath however. Sugar just looked tired and weak from the obvious lethargy,
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Garion employed every last one of Miss Gwyn's poise lessons - except for that one time when he was watching a fly outside of the window for a bit of the lesson - as he carefully trotted down the stairs. Head forward, stand up straight, bend at the knees, keep steady, step! Slow going, but his precious cargo remained virtually undisturbed.

The colt emerged from the treetops carrying the jar, the box, and a few various and sundry Shiny Doctor Things. He trotted up to Miss Foxglove and stood ready, very obviously trying to not pay attention to the extra items he brought. Perhaps if he didn't react, they wouldn't notice! Brilliant!

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove nodded graciously. She had what she needed, so what did randomly bringing other things mattered? It wasn't like she didn't do it sometimes.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

((It was.))

Silvermane frowned, checking Sugar's eyes and ears. "It seems likely," she said. "Whatever it is, I think we need to get those objects out of her stomach."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

"Agreed. Since everything's still in her stomach, we can just let biology do that job...With some assistance."

She opened the jar and began using her magic to crush the plants into a fine, sappy paste.

"I guess we'll need some water -- it'd be easier for her to swallow that way."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvermane nodded and dashed off to get some water.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Silvermane nodded and dashed off to get some water.
    Before long, she'd notice a second pair of hooves dashing alongside her. A second pair of hooves with a stethascope still dangling around its neck. "I'll help you carry the water, Miss...Miss Lady Whose Name I Don't Know!" Garion shouted out in-between puffs for air. A strong colt he was, but older ponies had biiiiiiiig legs, and he was just a little gentle gentlecolt.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Before long, she'd notice a second pair of hooves dashing alongside her. A second pair of hooves with a stethascope still dangling around its neck. "I'll help you carry the water, Miss...Miss Lady Whose Name I Don't Know!" Garion shouted out in-between puffs for air. A strong colt he was, but older ponies had biiiiiiiig legs, and he was just a little gentle gentlecolt.
    Silvermane paused when she heard the young colt following beside her. She knew how important it was to him that he help, so she didn't think twice about letting him. She knelt down to his eye level.

"My name is Silvermane," she said. Her voice had a soft, comforting quality to it. "Actually, what I really need is a rag. Can you get one for me please?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Agreed. Since everything's still in her stomach, we can just let biology do that job...With some assistance."

She opened the jar and began using her magic to crush the plants into a fine, sappy paste.

"I guess we'll need some water -- it'd be easier for her to swallow that way."
    Much like his ward, Grills felt urged to help. The guilt was getting to him. "Does that paste have a good taste. I could pick some seasonings to make Sugar enjoy it more. Or less if that's better."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Silvermane paused when she heard the young colt following beside her. She knew how important it was to him that he help, so she didn't think twice about letting him. She knelt down to his eye level.

"My name is Silvermane," she said. Her voice had a soft, comforting quality to it. "Actually, what I really need is a rag. Can you get one for me please?"
    Garion stood straight up and saluted, smiling brightly. "Yes, ma'am, Miss Silvermane, ma'am!" And before she could get another word out, he took off back towards the house as fast as his little legs could carry him.

Only later would he realize he forgot to ask where the rags were.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

To Grills, Foxglove replied:

"...That'll help, I think. Anything to help her get it down. But you'll need to comfort her afterwards to keep from a bad association. This will do what's right, but she won't like it."

She was still working to get it finer; as fine as she could make it...But she was willing to take whatever Grills had to offer.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

To Grills, Foxglove replied:

"...That'll help, I think. Anything to help her get it down. But you'll need to comfort her afterwards to keep from a bad association. This will do what's right, but she won't like it."

She was still working to get it finer; as fine as she could make it...But she was willing to take whatever Grills had to offer.

Grills nodded and summoned some blueberries. He was tempted to roast them but remembered what Foxgloved said about association. All his food was cooked so giving Sugar raw berries might keep her from thinking he gave her the medicine. "Here."

Sugar's eyes bolted around. Her belly growled and a whimpered escaped her mouth. She knew something was up.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, let's wait until we get the water. But the blueberries will help."

She began mixing them in, for flavor and for smell, trying to get them primarily on the outside of the medicine. While she waited, only her ear's flicking indicating her worried anticipation, she kept her eyes focused on levitating the medicine to keep from running into problems putting it down.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

A few minutes later, Garion came quickly prancing back to Silvermane, a clean, white rag clutched in his mouth and a beautiful potted flower balanced carefully on his back. "Mere ou goh, Mith Milmermane!"

Talking through a cloth was not an easy task.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sugar's eyes shifted back and forth. She didn't know what the pony who was nice and her daddy were up to. She tried to bark a question but all that came out was an "Aarr?"

Grills rubbed the puppy's nose and head. He hid his worried frown with a quick loving nuzzle to Sugar.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Garion," Silvermane said softly, taking the rag and hanging it on the side of the bucket. She trotted back to the others, bucket and rag in tow.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, Garion," Silvermane said softly, taking the rag and hanging it on the side of the bucket. She trotted back to the others, bucket and rag in tow.
    And right behind her trotted Garion, carefully balancing the potted flower on his back. He didn't know what he'd grabbed from Miss Foxglove's house, but it looked pretty, and Mister Grills always brought Miss Gwyn pretty things, so maybe bringing Sugar a pretty thing would help her to feel better.

It certainly couldn't hurt, right?

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove nodded gratefully, and began moving the paste, bit by bit, into the puppy's mouth... Followed by a quick ring-out of the water-soaked rag, since the water would make it easier -- and more necessary -- to swallow it.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Foxglove nodded gratefully, and began moving the paste, bit by bit, into the puppy's mouth... Followed by a quick ring-out of the water-soaked rag, since the water would make it easier -- and more necessary -- to swallow it.
    At first, Sugar cooperated. She used her strength to lap up the berry tasting paste. Unfortunately, her nose and tongue sensed the medicine and she immediatedly grew dislike. It was too sudden for her to understand where the ickyness came for.

Before she could let the paste remain in her mouth and dribbble out, the water from the rag forced aswallow. Sugar attempted to shake her head away from the water but she lacked the strength. The pup could npt even snap or growl, she just whimpered and attempted to dodge the incoming paste and water.

Grills frowned and went to pet her back.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvermane knelt down by Sugar and placed her horn on her head.

"Shhh, don't worry, you'll feel a lot better soon," she assured her. "But you have to eat this, or you'll get a very bad tummyache."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show