New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1206
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Garion set his flowery cargo down within sight of the pup, and then immediately retreated to his caretaker's side. Whatever Mister Grills did, he'd find a miniature hoof beside his, mimicking his comforting efforts.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm sorry, baby... I know, it's terrible... But the faster you do, the faster you'll feel better."

Foxglove crooned, her voice taking on a gentle, soothing tone that was hard not to be at ease when you heard -- it just sort of took the brain's adrenalin and stress and patted it gently on the back and gave it warm tea.

Of course, since the point of this medicine was that the puppy was about to start throwing up... The amount of comfort offer-able was pretty limited.

"You're being such a good girl."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Soothing voice and soft pets dulled the taste of the yucky paste. It went down long enough for just the right amount to hit Sugar's gut.

Then she barfed. All kinds of things was ejected from the puppy's mouth onto the ground. Small pebbles. Leaves. Pieces of worms. Some carrot and corn. Flower stems and petals. And the chewed up remains of a few berries and shrubs.

"Ew."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm sorry, Sugar... But now it's not going to hurt so much, I promise. You're very brave."

Foxglove looks it over and sees the offending culprits she found in her examination -- a set of three little greenish-grey rocks, rounded like marbles. Her brow furrowed.

"...Oh, that's not good."

She muttered.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Garion clung to Mister Grills, transfixed with shock at the spectacle before him. "Mister Grills! Sugar's sprung a leak!" he cried out in disbelief.

The poor colt felt utterly lost and confused; he didn't even know puppies could leak from their mouths! Were they supposed to? Were they not supposed to? Would she stop? Should they plug it with a rock? In a rare moment for little Garion, he felt paralyzed by all the questions running through his head.

So he did the one thing he knew would help: Cling all the tighter to Mister Grills.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-06-18 at 04:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills puckered his lips. He pulled the colt close and petted his head. "She's not leaking. Sugar is spitting all the bad things in her belly on the ground."

Sugar kept on puking. she stopped for a second whimper. Then the endless steam of stuff came out. Grass. A bone. A still living ladybug. Peas. Sut up pieces of veggie dogs.

"Sugar. Honey. Do you even chew?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove had treated all sorts of things. But this...This was impressive and startling.

"...Apparently not. You really need to watch what she eats, Grills. But..."

She lifted up, telekinetically to keep everything clean, one of the things that had caught her attention...One of the little stones.

"...This stone is toxic. If even a little of it's been digested off and absorbed...We'd need an antidote."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Stones can be toxic?" said the confused chef.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

"...Lead."

Foxglove replied, making her point pretty distinctly in a single word. so then, of course, she ruined it.

"....Also, magic. I guess you can also have lead magic and magic lead, but that's not even touching when you lead the magic to something like mercury..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I have little knowledge of lead. Does it occur naturally." Grills then petted his hurling pup. "My house is made of fire resistant wood and stone. And Sugar only spends time there and the grass outside Gwyn's tower."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

"It's not lead...I was just talking about toxic minerals."

Foxglove explained. Actually explaining what they *were* was harder.

"These stones are semi-magic, or something like that. Like...Like a sponge, but for bad mojo...I've seen it in the mountains near here, so them popping up in these woods..."

She nods. It seems likely that they were likely gotten somewhere near here.

"There's a plant that grows near deposits that local animals eat if they spend too much time near the stones, and that'll make everything Ok...But I don't have any here."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "It's not lead...I was just talking about toxic minerals."

Foxglove explained. Actually explaining what they *were* was harder.

"These stones are semi-magic, or something like that. Like...Like a sponge, but for bad mojo...I've seen it in the mountains near here, so them popping up in these woods..."

She nods. It seems likely that they were likely gotten somewhere near here.

"There's a plant that grows near deposits that local animals eat if they spend too much time near the stones, and that'll make everything Ok...But I don't have any here."
    The chef's ears perked up. "Where can we find this plant? We need it for Sugar." asked Grills anxiously. The worry in his voice made it vibrate with a soft hum.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2013-06-27 at 03:03 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    The chef's ears perked up. "Where can we find this pant? We need in for Sugar." asked Grills anxiously. The worry in his voice made it vibrate with a soft hum.
    Garion clung tightly to his caretaker. Mister Grills' worry didn't go unnoticed by the colt. "Sugar's not looking better..." he noted sadly.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion clung tightly to his caretaker. Mister Grills' worry didn't go unnoticed by the colt. "Sugar's not looking better..." he noted sadly.
    He looked down on that cute face coltly face. A hoof tussled Garion's mane and Grill shoot him a smile. "Don't worry. Miss Foxglove is going to show us where to find medicine that will make Sugar all better. Okay, Garion."

Grills fell into his protector mentality and forced himself to perk up. he still felt worry but the stallion would swallow it. Sink it deep into the dark hole in his body, far from the fires where the colt could see.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

"That's right. We're going up the mountain."

Seeing the worry and confusion in the colt's eyes made Foxglove's own protective drive, normally reserved for animals, kick in. It's not like ponies weren't allowed in it anyway.

"It's like...Like a knight riding to find the dragon to free the noblemare. Except less likely to hurt a dragon, and less likely to be a cruel myth concocted to explain the mostly territorial-based aggression between pony and dragon, making it sad times for everyone. Also, no one maries Sugar at the end, unless she has a little doggy fiancé. But she's too young, Mr. Grills."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"That's right. We're going up the mountain."

Seeing the worry and confusion in the colt's eyes made Foxglove's own protective drive, normally reserved for animals, kick in. It's not like ponies weren't allowed in it anyway.

"It's like...Like a knight riding to find the dragon to free the noblemare. Except less likely to hurt a dragon, and less likely to be a cruel myth concocted to explain the mostly territorial-based aggression between pony and dragon, making it sad times for everyone. Also, no one maries Sugar at the end, unless she has a little doggy fiancé. But she's too young, Mr. Grills."
    "She can date when she's forty, Ms. Foxglove." replied Grills. "Will we be needing hiking supplies?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion strolled outside her tower, among her purple garden as Wrymple played around the tower, the large beast occasionally making the ground shudder with its frolicking. During its play time it would occasionally look sadly at Sugar's log she declared hers, even if it was Wrymple's chew log.

Gwynfillion herself watched her beloved friend with a wan smile, it had grown so much so recently, she worried about the big ol' oaf. Taking care of the purple worm would only become more difficult as it got bigger and its natural instincts kicking in.

She went back to that place in her mind when she first met Wrymple all those many years ago. The poor baby worm, out in the rain, injured whilst some punk colt poked at it with a stick. Shooing them off with threats of zipping their mouths shut with magic. Taking care of it, giving it the name Wrymple, her new best friend, her companion. Heading back down memory lane and watching the growing creature presently, she soon found herself with tears welling in her eyes.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

"She can date when she's forty, Ms. Foxglove." replied Grills. "Will we be needing hiking supplies?"
    "That may be a good idea...I've got a few things to pack so we could care for her on the go...She should be mostly stable for now."

She turned to Silvermane.

"...Unless you're staying. Then you could watch her."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Ahhhh, now Miss Foxglove was speaking Garion's language. He gave a slow nod of understanding, a warm smile blooming on his features. "You're rescuing a get-better-flower from the dragon's horde, and giving it to Sugar in time for her wedding."

Well, almost right.

"Are you gonna have knights? Can I be a knight?" Garion stood stock-straight and puffed out his chest. "I can knight well too!" he mumbled out through a clenched jaw, trying not to let any air escape his puffed-out lungs.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

"That may be a good idea...I've got a few things to pack so we could care for her on the go...She should be mostly stable for now."

She turned to Silvermane.

"...Unless you're staying. Then you could watch her."
    Silvermane shook her head. "I think we should bring her," she said. "The sooner we get the antidote in her, the better. How long will it take to get what we need? Also, what's the plant called? It's possible we have it in the greenhouse."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ahhhh, now Miss Foxglove was speaking Garion's language. He gave a slow nod of understanding, a warm smile blooming on his features. "You're rescuing a get-better-flower from the dragon's horde, and giving it to Sugar in time for her wedding."

Well, almost right.

"Are you gonna have knights? Can I be a knight?" Garion stood stock-straight and puffed out his chest. "I can knight well too!" he mumbled out through a clenched jaw, trying not to let any air escape his puffed-out lungs.
    "Knights do breathe, Garion," Silvermane said, the colt amusing her despite the serious nature of the situation. "But you'll have to ask Grills."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills thought about taking Garion on a trip to the mountains to find his doggie medicine. Then the image of Gwynfillion's angry face and him turned into a newt flashed into mind. "I'd be a handsome newt. I mean... I'll have to ask Miss Gwynfillion before I take Garion to the dragon infested mountains."

Then he thought. "I do have unpaid interns though."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

"...You'd have lovely semi-permeable glandular skin. I'm sure you could use my pond."

Foxglove observed, hearing Grill's mumbles just enough to distract from her own attention. A whine from Sugar brought her back to the present.

"The plant is called Mawbark...I never saw any in the greenhouse, but there could be. I can't say 'How Long,' until we figure out our pace. It doesn't grow at the highest altitudes, but higher than this."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The puppy's eyes darted about. She then whimpered a bit before gagging dryly.

Grills telekinetically pulled a paper and quill from off screen and started to write.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sugarplum
    I need to go into the mountains to pick the plant needed for Sugar's medication. Should May I bring Garion with me?
    -Grills

Then he burned the note with fire. The smoke swirled then few away.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm breefin! I'm breefin!" Garion insisted, leaning back to make his puffed out chest puffed-outier. He turned his big eyes onto Grills, awaiting eagerly the reply from Miss Gwyn. Surely she wouldn't object to his coming, right?

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion was lounging in her garden at the time when the message appeared. She read it and sputtered her non existant pina colada. She then teleported to the post office a second later.

"I need to deliver a magic fire sent letter!"
    She yelled at the post office pony.
    ---

A moment later Grills would receive a letter.
    Spoiler
    Show

'The mountains?! Why are you considering taking him to the mountains?? He can't go.....he has a playdate anyway at the beach.'

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwy

A moment later Grills would receive a letter.
    Spoiler
    Show

'The mountains?! Why are you considering taking him to the mountains?? He can't go.....he has a playdate anyway at the beach.'
    Grills examined the note which poofed in front of his face.

"Miss Gwynfillion say you have a playdate at the beach soon. Say goodbye to Miss Foxglove and Miss Silvermane. And I'll take care of Sugar." he said with a pat on the puffed colt's back.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Grills examined the note which poofed in front of his face.

"Miss Gwynfillion say you have a playdate at the beach soon. Say goodbye to Miss Foxglove and Miss Silvermane. And I'll take care of Sugar." he said with a pat on the puffed colt's back.
    Garion let out his pent-up breath with a long, "Thtptptptptptptptptptptptptptptptptptptptptp. .." He shook himself off, caught his breath, and pouted fiercely. "Awwwww...I told Cloud I was gonna meet her at the beach, so I can't be a knight in the mountains..." Darn! If only there was a second Garion, then the first Garion could go to the beach, and the second Garion could go be in the mountains, and then they could meet up and play together and swap notes.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

"It's the thought that counts. Or maybe that only is true for presents. Is being like a knight a present?"

She tried giving Sugar some more water.

"I'll get some travel supplies; won't be much."

She headed up into her house and began getting a few things from her room -- she had saddlebags she had never unpacked, even though, at the time, they'd been all she had.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sugar lapped up some water. Then she drooled it all out. The medicine still lingered in the pup.

Grills started to draw in the dirt. Strange symbols and odd marks were left."Come Garion. I will teleport you to the tower. Right after I place a marker to get back here."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar lapped up some water. Then she drooled it all out. The medicine still lingered in the pup.

Grills started to draw in the dirt. Strange symbols and odd marks were left."Come Garion. I will teleport you to the tower. Right after I place a marker to get back here."
    Garion gave Sugar a long, mournful glance, before petting her one last time. "Okay Mister Grills..." He trudged over to his caretaker's side, head hanging low.