New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickers ponders for a moment, before saying: "Ah yes, the versatility of words. Malleable and flexible, as sand in a hoof. They can break down barriers and wear away bastions of opinion and stance, just as wave-borne sand wears away stone and earth. Words can be a beautiful thing, like a sand-castle on the beach, or a source of pain, like sand in the eye. Words carry weight, like being buried in the sand, or they can be lightless, like sand particles carried on the gentle breeze. Words are crunchy, hard to chew, like sandy grit. Words are, like you said... like sand..." Snickers soft sighs, ending his philosophical monologue that would make a Structuralist Literary Critic cry tears of joy.
    Foxglove paused completely, like she was having trouble processesing what just happened. Then she smiled, just as completely as her pause, and nodded.

"...Yes. That's right."

She tilted her head and seemed to think something.

"...You don't mind this being a filly-and-fox-and-also-a-turtle-and-snacks-and-houseplants party, right?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove paused completely, like she was having trouble processesing what just happened. Then she smiled, just as completely as her pause, and nodded.

"...Yes. That's right."

"...You don't mind this being a filly-and-fox-and-also-a-turtle-and-snacks-and-houseplants party, right?"
    Purple stands in awe of Snicker's prose. She gently claps until Foxglove the not-fox speaks."No. I don't mind. As long as you don't bring any living headboards. On any headboards. Pillows and sleeping bags are the only bedroom allowed. And pajamas. Oh and night lights. Oh can't forget special plush critters. Nope, can't forget those."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    She made a face as if she bowel problems or something seeing more flour spill on her floor. She adjusted her glasses looking at the foal, he looked like the sort who'd make a water mess, to her at least. "....More or less. Come on, I'll help you..." She got up from her seat and walked over to the bathroom. With her magic she began to turn on the tub faucet and put in some bubble soap. She gestured for the foal to come in.
    Garion trotted behind her, leaving a trail of white hoof-prints all the way. When she gestured, he scrabbled up the side of the tub and slipped in with a small splash. He quickly discovered his first lesson of bathtime; the water was no good for drinking. He spat that out back into the tub as quick as he could.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion trotted behind her, leaving a trail of white hoof-prints all the way. When she gestured, he scrabbled up the side of the tub and slipped in with a small splash. He quickly discovered his first lesson of bathtime; the water was no good for drinking. He spat that out back into the tub as quick as he could.

"Try not to get it into your eyes either,"
    She said, observing his venture in tasting soapy water. She levitated a clean plastic bucket, one she used for Wrymple. "Close your eyes Garion." She then filled the bucket with water, ready to unceremoniously dump over the foal once he closed his eyes.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

"Try not to get it into your eyes either,"
    She said, observing his venture in tasting soapy water. She levitated a clean plastic bucket, one she used for Wrymple. "Close your eyes Garion." She then filled the bucket with water, ready to unceremoniously dump over the foal once he closed his eyes.
    Naturally, she warned him right as he was about to rub a soapy hoof right into his eye. He plunked it safely back under the water and closed his eyes as tight as he could. Almost immediately he felt the bucket of water go over his head, leaving the foal spitting out the soapy water and blinded by his own wet mane.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Naturally, she warned him right as he was about to rub a soapy hoof right into his eye. He plunked it safely back under the water and closed his eyes as tight as he could. Almost immediately he felt the bucket of water go over his head, leaving the foal spitting out the soapy water and blinded by his own wet mane.
    She magically parted his mane from the front of his face, pushing the locks to the side of his head. She stared at the foal, just looking at him, in silence. She then suds up his mane, using her magic to meticulously clean it of the wet flour making sure to not get it in his eyes. "You're...for a foal, well behaved." She commented as she continued to scrub his head.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

"...Yes. That's right."

Snickers beams. "See, I can be philosophical and stuff like you when I want to be," he says, giving Foxglove a playful hip-nudge.

When she asks about the party, he arches an eyebrow. "Who, me? Nah, I don't mind," he shakes his head with a smile. "You can have fun with your friends and pets and plants. I don't mind sitting this one out..."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvermane was walking through the forest when she happened upon Foxglove and the others. She was still busy getting the animals settled back in after the big scare on Nightmare Night, and she was looking a bit worn out. She nudged a young bunny back into its burrow, not noticing the others nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Silvermane was walking through the forest when she happened upon Foxglove and the others. She was still busy getting the animals settled back in after the big scare on Nightmare Night, and she was looking a bit worn out. She nudged a young bunny back into its burrow, not noticing the others nearby.
    "Ohmygoshisthatanotherpony. IthinkIrememberherNoThatisn'ther.Waityesitis. Whatcouldshewant?Isherhungry?Iwantapizza. Maybeshewantstogototheslumberparty. " she say rapidly and very quietly.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

She magically parted his mane from the front of his face, pushing the locks to the side of his head. She stared at the foal, just looking at him, in silence. She then suds up his mane, using her magic to meticulously clean it of the wet flour making sure to not get it in his eyes. "You're...for a foal, well behaved." She commented as she continued to scrub his head.
    Garion scrunched up his face as she scrubbed his mane thoroughly. He wasn't really sure how to respond to the "well-behaved" comment. Not like he had anything else to go off of. He shrugged amid the suds, a gesture he'd seen Mister Grills use a bit. "I've just been doing what you and Mister Grills said. The water hurt," he paused to rub his snout, "but everything else is turning out alright."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Garion scrunched up his face as she scrubbed his mane thoroughly. He wasn't really sure how to respond to the "well-behaved" comment. Not like he had anything else to go off of. He shrugged amid the suds, a gesture he'd seen Mister Grills use a bit. "I've just been doing what you and Mister Grills said. The water hurt," he paused to rub his snout, "but everything else is turning out alright."

"Well that's good, but the burnt snout, which reminds, after your bath, we'll rub some aloe on your snout, should help a little,"
    She said as she started to wash his body with a scrub, making sure to clean the dirty stallion thoroughly, even lifting him in the air with her magic for a few moments before putting him back in the tub.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Foxglove walked up to her, without greeting her.

"...Everyone that you've found alright?"

She asked, understanding Silvermane's purpose. After all, she had avoided the evacuation for simmilar reasons, putting as many animals as she could in her grove, making it a place of siege if need be.

"I think everything's settled."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"Well that's good, but the burnt snout, which reminds, after your bath, we'll rub some aloe on your snout, should help a little,"
    She said as she started to wash his body with a scrub, making sure to clean the dirty stallion thoroughly, even lifting him in the air with her magic for a few moments before putting him back in the tub.
    Hee hee, the brush tickled. Garion let himself get scrubbed without much fuss, spending most of his time splashing about in the tub, making little waves, and crafting little piles of suds. When she lifted him out, however, things were a different story. He had no idea where this strange tingly feeling came from, or why he was suddenly floating. He briefly panicked and started squirming around like mad.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

"Aah..calm down Garion, its only magic,"
    She forced a small smile for extra reassurance as she put him down in the tub.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

"Aah..calm down Garion, its only magic,"
    She forced a small smile for extra reassurance as she put him down in the tub.
    Garion calmed down, but not before thrashing about a bit in the tub and splashing water everywhere. He scrubbed at his coat, trying to ward off that weird tickly-tingly feeling. "Magic? That works on ponies too?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Garion calmed down, but not before thrashing about a bit in the tub and splashing water everywhere. He scrubbed at his coat, trying to ward off that weird tickly-tingly feeling. "Magic? That works on ponies too?"

"Please don't splash the water like that, again, Garion,"
    She said closing her eyes with a strained smile. "It does."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

"Please don't splash the water like that, again, Garion,"
    She said closing her eyes with a strained smile. "It does."
    Garion did stop the splashing, if only because it was hard to splash while head-scratching. "But Mister Grills only used magic on the spoons and bowls and food. Does his magic not work on ponies?" Apparently, he'd forgotten when Grills plucked him and Sugar out of the couch, or when they'd been teleported to the tower, but perhaps he simply didn't realize what had happened.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Garion did stop the splashing, if only because it was hard to splash while head-scratching. "But Mister Grills only used magic on the spoons and bowls and food. Does his magic not work on ponies?" Apparently, he'd forgotten when Grills plucked him and Sugar out of the couch, or when they'd been teleported to the tower, but perhaps he simply didn't realize what had happened.
    "His magic works on ponies too, magic can work on ponies, but not all magic should be used on ponies. Anyway, its bath time right now, not question time, save them for later," She said as she acquired some conditioner, mmm lilac scented. "Stand up, we gotta get some on your tail too."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"His magic works on ponies too, magic can work on ponies, but not all magic should be used on ponies. Anyway, its bath time right now, not question time, save them for later," She said as she acquired some conditioner, mmm lilac scented. "Stand up, we gotta get some on your tail too."
    Darn, he really had more he wanted to ask. He obligingly stood up, sticking his little flank high in the air so she could get his inky-black tail. "When is it going to be question time?"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Darn, he really had more he wanted to ask. He obligingly stood up, sticking his little flank high in the air so she could get his inky-black tail. "When is it going to be question time?"

"Uh......I guess....after dinner...or something,"
    She coughed into her hoof glancing off to the side. She applied the conditioner to his mane and tail, making sure to coat every hair from root to tip, if anything, she was really thorough about self cleanliness.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh......I guess....after dinner...or something,"
    She coughed into her hoof glancing off to the side. She applied the conditioner to his mane and tail, making sure to coat every hair from root to tip, if anything, she was really thorough about self cleanliness.
    The answer seemed to satisfy the foal's curiosity...for now. Though now that he couldn't ask questions, couldn't splash water, and he had to wait for Miss Gwyn to be done, this was turning out to be a rather boring bathtime. He just wanted to get out of this tub and run around some more, but he had to sit still; Miss Gwyn said so. As a last-ditch effort to amuse himself, he started blowing bubbles in the water, giggling as the suds tickled his face.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

The answer seemed to satisfy the foal's curiosity...for now. Though now that he couldn't ask questions, couldn't splash water, and he had to wait for Miss Gwyn to be done, this was turning out to be a rather boring bathtime. He just wanted to get out of this tub and run around some more, but he had to sit still; Miss Gwyn said so. As a last-ditch effort to amuse himself, he started blowing bubbles in the water, giggling as the suds tickled his face.
    She watched him do that, a small smile forming on her face, it was admittedly cute. She found herself floating bubbles under his chin and forming a bubble beard. "There a distinguished beard for a little gentlecolt." In a bit she would rinse him off and drain the tub.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers looks over at Silvermane, and waves. "Oh hi! Long time now see. How have you been?" he asks cheerfully.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

She watched him do that, a small smile forming on her face, it was admittedly cute. She found herself floating bubbles under his chin and forming a bubble beard. "There a distinguished beard for a little gentlecolt." In a bit she would rinse him off and drain the tub.
    Garion giggled, and tried his best to look "distinguished". Which for him, meant trying to look like Mister Grills. Which for him, meant holding his chin up as high as he could while squinting a lot.

Clearly he was the very model of a modern gentlecolt.

After the tub was drained, he hopped out onto the floor. Immediately he began struggling with his wet, slippery hooves on the smooth-ish floor. With nothing else to grab onto, the still-sopping wet colt clutched onto Gwyn's foreleg for balance.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Garion giggled, and tried his best to look "distinguished". Which for him, meant trying to look like Mister Grills. Which for him, meant holding his chin up as high as he could while squinting a lot.

Clearly he was the very model of a modern gentlecolt.

After the tub was drained, he hopped out onto the floor. Immediately he began struggling with his wet, slippery hooves on the smooth-ish floor. With nothing else to grab onto, the still-sopping wet colt clutched onto Gwyn's foreleg for balance.
    "Ack...!" She grimaced quickly fetching a towel to wrap up the wet bundle of fur clutching her leg. She also grabbed another towel to lay on the ground for him to step unto. 'Here, go ahead and step on that towel, you won't fall."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mr. Grills

Grills casted his dish cleaning spells and with a little magic, The whole pile of used bowls and pots was shining. The flour was wiped up. The stray noodle swept. Table set with plates and utensils.

"Perfect." The chef set the pot in the middle of the table. The coconut and mint scent filled the air. The papadum wrappers are dropped next to the pot to absorb the aroma. Next to the pot was a pony head. Grills had fallen asleep.

Ms. Purple

Purple trotted up to the new pony and leaped into the air. "HI MY NAME IS PURPLE PEPPER! WHAt"S YOUR NAME? LET'S BE FRIENDS!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Ack...!" She grimaced quickly fetching a towel to wrap up the wet bundle of fur clutching her leg. She also grabbed another towel to lay on the ground for him to step unto. 'Here, go ahead and step on that towel, you won't fall."
    Garion slipped and slid until his hooves finally found the towel. Another lesson of bathtime; those few minutes after a pony gets out of the tub, and their coat is soaking wet? Those are some rather cold minutes. He plopped down on his haunches, wrapped the towel around him tightly, and shivered.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Garion slipped and slid until his hooves finally found the towel. Another lesson of bathtime; those few minutes after a pony gets out of the tub, and their coat is soaking wet? Those are some rather cold minutes. He plopped down on his haunches, wrapped the towel around him tightly, and shivered.

"Oh Garion, don't exaggerate, its not that cold,"
    She said as she dried the foal using towel and magic alike. When she was done drying him, she brushed his fur, combed his mane until he was presentable.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh Garion, don't exaggerate, its not that cold,"
    She said as she dried the foal using towel and magic alike. When she was done drying him, she brushed his fur, combed his mane until he was presentable.
    "It felt really cold..." he said quietly as she dried him off and prettied him up. What little knowledge he had on bathtime didn't mention it taking this long. He could only hope bathtime wasn't a regular time. However, once Miss Gwyn was done brushing and drying and fussing over him, he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror. The foal cocked his head to the side, a mix of curiosity at his new appearance, and fascination that he looked not half-bad.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Very long, especially if yer gonna have Gwynfillion bathe you, details, details, details. With bathes to look forward to everyday, giggle.

"There, you're done Garion, all clean and flour free,"
    She told the foal, smilin wanly.