New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Speaking as someone who has phases in gender identity, I'm pretty damn certain it's possible to have fluid sexuality. In fact, I seem to recall Golentan saying he experiences exactly that.
    No, I have monthly phases of sexual orientation, it seems. I'm pretty much constant in my gender identity, which I feel is nicely summed by a simple phrase: "Meh."

I like dresses and skirts more than pants, but I like short hair and having all my original parts, and a lot of the more feminine things I like aren't worth the social capital required to follow up on them except on special occasions. Which is okay, because I generally feel I can take or leave any gendered role.

Though I'm quite open about loving shoujo shows, my little pony, and few other "girly" forms of entertainment. Of course, I'm equally open about loving pure testosteroneGurren Lagann and action movies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Is it weird that I have an easier time flirting with guys than girls, but clearly I'm more attracted to women?

And sex is still a no-no. Not now, not ever.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    I've not really given their powersource any thought and just assumed they ran on magic or the next best thing; a miniature nuclear fusion core of some sorts.
    That works too (I mean, where'd you get gasoline in space? ).

Yes that's the gist of it. Some of the highest ranking officers are also taught how to make some minor changes to the robots programming (which over time adds up as generation after generation tampers with it) and that's how the gift robot ends up loyal to the woman.
    Oh, their code would be unrecognizable after a couple of decades. By the "present", they'd be so modified they'd probably be teetering on the brink of robot madness.

Not to say they'd rebel or anything (unless, of course, they would ), just that they'd have so many conflicting and ill-conceived directives that they'd seem to hesitate or contradict themselves every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    I think I know what you mean. I was just in one of my hour bouts of depression, and this one could have gone for weeks, but only went for about thirty minutes because I was able to talk with the guy I like about it (unfortunately over text(mostly cause he's got no phone and uses his iPod), so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for a hug. But he told me he wanted to help but he rally can't that all he could do was brush me off and get me ready to get back in the ring. Oddly, that was the most comforting thing I could think that someone could say. Mainly because the only other thing than one of his attempts at comforting would be for him to hold me.

I don't know why I let myself be so vulnerable to him. Maybe it's because I trust him more than anyone really. I'm more open with him than anyone else. And he's told me things that he's nigh whispered things to me while noone was in sight lest anyone else hear him say them. And the biggest reason I don't want to go against his wishes is so he doesn't get hurt or feel betrayed. He's already felt too much pain already, and the last thing I want to do is hurt him any more. The thing is he cares about me, so much, and he doesn't want me to heal his pain because the last one to try broke, but I can't let him suffer. walnut want him to be happy and full. But he said that if I try to fix him I will be betraying him. I can't imagine what he's forcing himself to do alk alone.

He needs me... And I want him. He wants me too, I know he does and he's acknowledged this and still does, but he's more concerned with protecting me and my "innocence."
    *Arm-crushing hugs* for both of you. I don't know if I'd be any help, but if you ever want to talk my PM box is open.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    No, I have monthly phases of sexual orientation, it seems. I'm pretty much constant in my gender identity, which I feel is nicely summed by a simple phrase: "Meh."

I like dresses and skirts more than pants, but I like short hair and having all my original parts, and a lot of the more feminine things I like aren't worth the social capital required to follow up on them except on special occasions. Which is okay, because I generally feel I can take or leave any gendered role.

Though I'm quite open about loving shoujo shows, my little pony, and few other "girly" forms of entertainment. Of course, I'm equally open about loving pure testosteroneGurren Lagann and action movies.
    Would the description "weregay" be appropriate?

Now excuse me while I go "squee" in the corner and prepare to watch MLP and Gurren Lagann (as I have been meaning to for some time).
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

@arachu: No. No it would not.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post

Now excuse me while I go "squee" in the corner and prepare to watch MLP and Gurren Lagann (as I have been meaning to for some time).
    GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE! THAT'S THE DAI-GURREN WAY!

6. - Top - End - #426

@arachu: No. No it would not.
    Sorry, I thought that'd be funnier... *hugs*
    Thanks for existing.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Banned

Sorry, I thought that'd be funnier... *hugs*
    "Your father was weregay!"

~

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Also, what do you gals (and guys, I'm a minority here) think about "phases" in sexuality? I hate the term, and I believe it's just used as an excuse for "I want to be out of the norm!" I think that there are a lot of MtFs that are just guys who want to be girls because "hurka-durka women are hot" (I believe that was word for word from some buffoon I asked at my school).
    Well, the dismissal of things like that being just a phase CAN be true & I may be wrong, but (e.g.

a> people who take on fetishes and get rid of them 2 years in when it no longer excites them.

b> one-off if it's you it's ok cases, but they're not attracted to anyone else in that gender spectrum.

c> fake transexuals who honestly mistake themselves for one because they have sexual fantasies centered around having sex as the opposite gender.

d> Or in the not-really case: people who find out that they're better off in their original bodies due to the inadequacy of modern technology to reshape things to their standards.

etc

It's just that when people start to identify as xx or yy, they've probably mulled it over for so long that it's extremely unlikely to the infinity.
    ░Avatar altered from sensate's░

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post

~
    I lol'd... And there goes my apple.

EDIT: How incredibly fascinating; there's a term for those who can't truly recognize gender or sexuality due to Asperger's: Aspiequeer. Now I'm not saying that I am, but it's certainly quite interesting.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-03-25 at 10:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post

~
    I hear you can tell if someone's weregay by looking for the hickey they got from the one that infected them.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbreath View Post
    Well, the dismissal of things like that being just a phase CAN be true & I may be wrong, but (e.g.

a> people who take on fetishes and get rid of them 2 years in when it no longer excites them.

b> one-off if it's you it's ok cases, but they're not attracted to anyone else in that gender spectrum.

c> fake transexuals who honestly mistake themselves for one because they have sexual fantasies centered around having sex as the opposite gender.

d> Or in the not-really case: people who find out that they're better off in their original bodies due to the inadequacy of modern technology to reshape things to their standards.

etc

It's just that when people start to identify as xx or yy, they've probably mulled it over for so long that it's extremely unlikely to the infinity.
    I wouldn't say it's okay to dismiss them right off in any case - they may actually be trans* and unable to explain their feelings (they could also be genderqueer and misinterpreting their feelings as being more sexual than they are).

As for people who 'just' have fantasies, I wouldn't say they 'qualify' as transsexual but I wouldn't challenge them either. Not only could the above be the case, but it's a bit hypocritical to support people for their sexuality and condemn others for elements of theirs. :/

I also definitely wouldn't dismiss someone for not being satisfied with the procedures. That... Wouldn't make very much sense (and it wouldn't be 'cool').
    Thanks for existing.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Err... People can't be YY. You need an X chromosome to survive fetal development. At least one. More than one can work too. I hear having 2 is quite popular.

It starts to get weird around 6 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

XYY is an option, but fairly unpopular for the time being.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

I also definitely wouldn't dismiss someone for not being satisfied with the procedures. That... Wouldn't make very much sense (and it wouldn't be 'cool').
    meant it as a response to sentences like "you don't wanna go under the knife, honey, that's unnatural" as opposed to "you're not trans", but on second thought that's still terrible, sorry ^_^'

& the xx / yy are unknowns, no chromosomes.

V Yes, I need sleep, badly. Week of exams' finally over though. *bolts
    Last edited by squidbreath; 2012-03-26 at 12:34 AM.
    ░Avatar altered from sensate's░

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Squid, you decapitated your quote to Arachu there.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh. Does anyone else get waves of insecurity and paranoia about what other people think of them? In the past, I've discovered some people being rather two-faced to me, especially about my being transgendered. Several people who were my friends basically pretended to be supportive and pleasant to my face, but said some very hurtful things when I wasn't there, or when they thought I wasn't listening. I don't know, I've never been particularly secure, but since transitioning I've been especially sensitive, and I always have this voice in my head telling me that every compliment I get is disingenuous, and a nagging doubt that anyone actually likes or appreciates me.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-26 at 12:46 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh. Does anyone else get waves of insecurity and paranoia about what other people think of them?
    Yes. I frequently wonder whether anyone ever actually likes me or has ever liked me. Then I freak out for a bit. Then I calm down. Then I realize I was being silly and/or having a panic attack or something.

Spoiler
    Show
    In the past, I've discovered some people being rather two-faced to me, especially about my being transgendered. Several people who were my friends basically pretended to be supportive and pleasant to my face, but said some very hurtful things when I wasn't there, or when they thought I wasn't listening. I don't know, I've never been particularly secure, but since transitioning I've been especially sensitive, and I always have this voice in my head telling me that every compliment I get is disingenuous, and a nagging doubt that anyone actually likes me.
    It's a rough boat to be in, but eventually you just have to accept that you either take people at their word and with a grain of salt or hermit it up.

And hermiting gets boring for most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

For the record, I would now like to come out as a Mad Scientist. Thank you SMBC.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It's a rough boat to be in, but eventually you just have to accept that you either take people at their word and with a grain of salt or hermit it up.
    Well, I try to, but it's difficult to force yourself to believe something.

And I think you're pretty great, by the way, but perhaps it's a bit silly to try and convince you of that when we're talking about disingenuousness.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-26 at 01:17 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439

Dreams are weird @.@ Such an odd dream last night. I was Lea and chasing down some criminal in a bubble then I was flying through the sky having been fired by a catapult.

Anyway, on the subject of names from earlier. I know asking someone what their "real name" is, is rude. So what is better? Assigned name? Birth name? Former name? Just wondering is all.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by squidbreath View Post
    meant it as a response to sentences like "you don't wanna go under the knife, honey, that's unnatural" as opposed to "you're not trans", but on second thought that's still terrible, sorry ^_^'

& the xx / yy are unknowns, no chromosomes.

V Yes, I need sleep, badly. Week of exams' finally over though. *bolts
    Oh, that's not quite as bad. *Hugs*

(Thinking back, I sounded more harsh than I was trying to be - sorry about that.)

One could interpret X to equal one's gender and Y to represent sex (or vice-versa) - 'Course, if one property is seen as opposite to another one it'd have to be factored in as a negative number and things get freakin' crazy when you start working with those.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh. Does anyone else get waves of insecurity and paranoia about what other people think of them? In the past, I've discovered some people being rather two-faced to me, especially about my being transgendered. Several people who were my friends basically pretended to be supportive and pleasant to my face, but said some very hurtful things when I wasn't there, or when they thought I wasn't listening. I don't know, I've never been particularly secure, but since transitioning I've been especially sensitive, and I always have this voice in my head telling me that every compliment I get is disingenuous, and a nagging doubt that anyone actually likes or appreciates me.
    Yes. I frequently wonder whether anyone ever actually likes me or has ever liked me. Then I freak out for a bit. Then I calm down. Then I realize I was being silly and/or having a panic attack or something.
    *Group-hugs* I get something like that... It's more about what people think of what I say, but sometimes it gets pretty bad. :/

It's worth noting that I like both of you (and you can trust me; I'm wearing a fake labcoat).

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Dreams are weird @.@ Such an odd dream last night. I was Lea and chasing down some criminal in a bubble then I was flying through the sky having been fired by a catapult.
    I once had a dream that included a scene in which I was fighting some pale-skinned sorta demonish guys on a stone bridge leading to a tower that was floating over a ring of fire over an endless, star-filled abyss.

That was awesome. That's what Elder Scrolls 6 should be like. What were we talking about, again?
    Thanks for existing.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

I have a recurring dream where I shower in stars, and entropy is the shower drain. And then it gets too abstract to properly describe, but it is epic.

Also vaguely LGBT related. Towards the end of it I usually wind up having sex (in the most abstract, and entirely non-physical way possible) with everyone. No exceptions. And then giving birth to myself, with the cosmos as a byproduct.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

I have a recurring dream where I shower in stars, and entropy is the shower drain. And then it gets too abstract to properly describe, but it is epic.

Also vaguely LGBT related. Towards the end of it I usually wind up having sex (in the most abstract, and entirely non-physical way possible) with everyone. No exceptions. And then giving birth to myself, with the cosmos as a byproduct.
    Hell, who needs LSD when you can have dreams like that?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #443

O.O

Damn, the only time something that awesome happenned to be me was when I started having lucid fever dreams and halucinated a bit.

I was running around a volcano with a bunch of paladins who kept forming factions and attacking each other trying to get a magic sword. I kept getting up to go get water because for some reason, the paladins needed water.

Then I woke up properly and stumbled to my bean bag where I started to converse with the weather. Not things like the sun etc, more like North eastly wind with a spot of rain or light cloudcover over Manchester.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Protip: Bi isn't some kind of codeword for "gay."

We've already got enough bisexual guilt over having a relationship with a member of the opposite sex in here as it is.

Well, yes, it's an example of the double standards of society, but again, it isn't something you should direct at bisexual women.
    I'm glad you said this stuff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes! Definitely! All the time! And I'm not even trans; I imagine that would make me even more anxious! I've mentioned before that I was bullied in school. One time, my friend told me that when I was out of the room, one of the bullies asked the whole class if anyone liked me and started complaining about me. Then the class had a big chat about me and no one said anything nice about me. The person who told me said "I didn't say anything either because I was annoyed with you." It happened on a smaller scale all the time; people would pretend to be nice to me to my face and then I would find out what they were saying about me behind my back. It gets to be that thing of "Is it really paranoia if everyone really is out to get you?".

At the moment, I feel awful in my university class. My class is a very tight group, because of going away on field trips together. I basically missed three out of four of them, and I get exceptions and extensions and exemptions due to the fatigue. But because it's an invisible illness, I think at least some of the people in my class think I'm making it up or putting it on or being a crybaby about something everyone puts up with. And because of my experiences in school, I am having a really hard time trusting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post

Anyway, on the subject of names from earlier. I know asking someone what their "real name" is, is rude. So what is better? Assigned name? Birth name? Former name? Just wondering is all.
    I don't know, but I probably just wouldn't ask. I mean, unless there's some reason you really really have to know, like you think they might be your long-lost sibling, in which case, I'd explain the situation and ask for the name on their original birth cert. But if I was just curious, I'd try very hard to just not ask.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Last time, I had a pretty incoherent and normal dream turn into some horrible nightmare a la "And then there were none", except set in the Cthuhlu mythos, apparently, because the victims were killed in what I could only describe as an event of "reality going haywire". It started when the room we were in started getting completely weird and creepy, and when the first people started letting out bloodcurdling screams, we got out as fast as we could without even looking and never opened the damn room again. We knew that would happen again, but the rituals to avert this were very obscure, and we had no idea if they even worked.
    I woke up briefly but fell asleep again immediately, and I was back inside the dream, lucid and conscious, but unable to wake up. Reality glitched a couple times again, I was terrified.
    When I woke up for good, I had an euphoric, newfound appreciation for the stable, tangible reality of, well, reality.

TL;DR: Nyarlathotep tried to crash my dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, more often then I'd be willing to admit. It takes me days to get over one of these and I think it's a side effect of my depression. I know there is nothing I can say to make you not feel like that so all I'll say is hang in there it will get better.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You mean there are people who don't?

Speaking of cycles, my mood has been on a see-saw all spring. Two weeks relatively fine, then one week making dangerously detailed plans for my suicide. I hope I find out why and can correct it, because I hurt people I care about. Including worrying people here and in the personal woes thread.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

I thought my descent into maleness was a lot faster and more sudden than I normally shift identity. Apparently it was just a day or so's glitch, almost certainly caused by the aforementioned flirting, and today I'm back to feeling girly. And really happy, too - I'm starting to enjoy a female identity
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

How did the other trans women feel about their sexual identity? Were you stable or did you flip-flop?

― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

I suspect that my sexual orientation is at least partially the result of psychological hangups. As I am now, I'm exclusively gynosexual. However, I'm absolutely fine with the idea of me in a female body with a guy. Also, there were one or two occasions in the past week where, just for a brief moment, I came close to honestly thinking of myself as a girl. And in those moments, the idea of a boyfriend didn't seem repulsive anymore.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!