New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Sex can be so difficult in so many other ways than merely "Where do we get the equipment" and "How do we get stains out."

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh. Does anyone else get waves of insecurity and paranoia about what other people think of them? In the past, I've discovered some people being rather two-faced to me, especially about my being transgendered. Several people who were my friends basically pretended to be supportive and pleasant to my face, but said some very hurtful things when I wasn't there, or when they thought I wasn't listening. I don't know, I've never been particularly secure, but since transitioning I've been especially sensitive, and I always have this voice in my head telling me that every compliment I get is disingenuous, and a nagging doubt that anyone actually likes or appreciates me.
    *Hugs*
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't really have any close friends that could betray my trust, but I can sympathise with the fear of people hiding cruelty. I am constantly terrified that people will ridicule me or scorn me for something I thought was all right. ._.

People can be very mean to those they don't know well. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Dreams are weird @.@ Such an odd dream last night. I was Lea and chasing down some criminal in a bubble then I was flying through the sky having been fired by a catapult.
    Makes more sense than most of my dreams, even the ones I remember usually don't have much logic to them.

Such as the one where it jumped between several scenes and had some happen simultaneously. Apparently my subconsciousness made up a version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where they fight zombies and recieve cryptic messages through hidden subtitles that can only be seen through special 3D glasses. @_#

Nothing like Musashi or Golentan's dreams, but I am still keeping an eye on my Id. >_>
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-03-26 at 09:03 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems to be a week of ups and downs for people, but glad you are feeling better, Helio.

And it isn't just you. We all feel worried about stuff and about what others think. I've kinda learnt to roll with it. I know for some people, they just can't do that, but I find it helps me.

*hugs for everyone in need of them*
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

I go to sleep for...goodness, nearly twelve hours, and suddenly two more pages? Whoa.

*hugs* for all who need them. Even if I'm not quite conscious enough to say words that are supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    Ok, so what's the Italian pronunciation then? I've always heard it the way you're pronouncing it.
    It's basically the same, but the accent is different. It's prettier with an Italian accent.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

I forget if I've posted this picture in this thread before, but I used it in a silly message board game -- my native part of the forum -- just now and it gives me so much pleasure I have to put it here too.

Spoiler
    Show

So this is my favourite photograph out of the archives I manage. It's from a college in the late 20s. Apparently the administration was implementing gender-segregated seating at college dinners, so some of the students dressed in drag and went as other guys' dates... in protest.

I love it so much. ;___; Look how happy they are, as if the protest allowed them an expression that had already been dying to come out.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-03-26 at 11:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So this is my favourite photograph out of the archives I manage. It's from a college in the late 20s. Apparently the administration was implementing gender-segregated seating at college dinners, so some of the students dressed in drag and went as other guys' dates... in protest.

I love it so much. ;___; Look how happy they are, as if the protest allowed them an expression that had already been dying to come out.
    I'm surprised they could pull this off - or just consider the very idea - almost a century ago! Awesome photograph, thanks a lot for sharing.
    And now I wonder who they were and what the rest of their lives was like. *facepalms* I ask myself the same question every time I see old documents, it's getting borderline obsessive.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, that picture reminds me of a song...

In other news, I think I've snagged myself a gentleman. Of course, nothing official, but neither of us is exactly playing it cool. How does one tell, exactly? When are these things made concrete? Where do babies come from?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyesmith View Post
    In other news, I think I've snagged myself a gentleman. Of course, nothing official, but neither of us is exactly playing it cool. How does one tell, exactly? When are these things made concrete? Where do babies come from?
    Congratulations. You can usually tell when you introduce the other person as your girl/boyfriend without even thinking about it or you know when it just feels right. And for the last question: When two people love a stork very much they contract Santa to build a womb in his workshop which the stork then impregnates and delivers to the couple.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-03-26 at 12:49 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

9. - Top - End - #459

I always thought you just went out and found one in the cabbages one day.

Edit: As for knowing for sure what the status of the relationship is, try talking about it.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2012-03-26 at 12:50 PM.
    Jude P.

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I suspect that my sexual orientation is at least partially the result of psychological hangups. As I am now, I'm exclusively gynosexual. However, I'm absolutely fine with the idea of me in a female body with a guy.
    Kinda good to know I ain't the only one who feels like this ^^
    She can swing from a web

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    "Your father was weregay!"

~
    Sodomy and cocktails?

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    For the record, I would now like to come out as a Mad Scientist. Thank you SMBC.
    Can I come out as a really lazy Mad Scientist?

Anyway, on the subject of names from earlier. I know asking someone what their "real name" is, is rude. So what is better? Assigned name? Birth name? Former name? Just wondering is all.
    None of those would offend me.

I kept getting up to go get water because for some reason, the paladins needed water.
    As a re-enactor, I can tell you that water is vitally important. On a battlefield, the water carriers are more important than any other combatant. A battle in medieval armour is three to five minute battles, each pausing for 5+ minute breaks each time for catching your breath and drinking water.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    How did the other trans women feel about their sexual identity? Were you stable or did you flip-flop?
    I spent about two weeks going 'Okay am I serious or am I just trying to be a special snowflake cause I read about it', but I haven't flip flopped once.

I suspect that my sexual orientation is at least partially the result of psychological hangups. As I am now, I'm exclusively gynosexual. However, I'm absolutely fine with the idea of me in a female body with a guy. Also, there were one or two occasions in the past week where, just for a brief moment, I came close to honestly thinking of myself as a girl. And in those moments, the idea of a boyfriend didn't seem repulsive anymore.
    I kinda get that.
    It's only recently that the idea of doing anything sexual before transition is actually a thing I'd even vaguely consider.

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Congratulations. You can usually tell when you introduce the other person as your girl/boyfriend without even thinking about it or you know when it just feels right. And for the last question: When two people love a stork very much they contract Santa to build a womb in his workshop which the stork then impregnates and delivers to the couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I always thought you just went out and found one in the cabbages one day.
    That's where the stork leaves it, duh.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

I've got a date this Friday!
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Just remember that they are very high in sugar.

Anyway, on the subject of names from earlier. I know asking someone what their "real name" is, is rude. So what is better? Assigned name? Birth name? Former name? Just wondering is all.
    The way I understand it, and I'm not a trans person, just asking about it at all is rude. I've heard it talked about as 'birth name', but it can have a lot of very unpleasant emotional baggage associated with it. Better just leave it alone. Personally I don't see that it's my business, really. And I hate an unsatisfied curisoity more than most people.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-03-26 at 02:17 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #464
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    The way I understand it, and I'm not a trans person, just asking about it at all is rude. I've heard it talked about as 'birth name', but it can have a lot of very unpleasant emotional baggage associated with it. Better just leave it alone. Personally I don't see that it's my business, really. And I hate an unsatisfied curisoity more than most people.
    Yes, it's usually considered rather rude to inquire about it. If I know you well enough, and it's actually relevant (it usually isn't), then I might tell you. Otherwise, you probably shouldn't ask.

Thanks everyone for the reassuring words.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-26 at 02:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465

Congrats! n.n
    Jude P.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I'm surprised they could pull this off - or just consider the very idea - almost a century ago! Awesome photograph, thanks a lot for sharing.
    And now I wonder who they were and what the rest of their lives was like. *facepalms* I ask myself the same question every time I see old documents, it's getting borderline obsessive.
    I know exactly what you mean. It's what led me into this profession.

It is not outside my power to put names, faces, and at least some life story to any of those individuals, but I would have to do it at work and I just haven't got the time when I'm there right now.

Of course, if you e-mailed the archives in request, I would be professionally obliged to find the answer.

The moustachioed drag prince in your linked video is very sexy.

Good for you! I say only this: he is a damned fool if he doesn't consider himself your gentleman and you desire that.

17. - Top - End - #467

I know exactly what you mean. It's what led me into this profession.

It is not outside my power to put names, faces, and at least some life story to any of those individuals, but I would have to do it at work and I just haven't got the time when I'm there right now.

Of course, if you e-mailed the archives in request, I would be professionally obliged to find the answer.
    And how would one go about emailing that request?
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

The moustachioed drag prince in your linked video is very sexy.
    Why do drag kings so often go for 'staches instead of full beards. The King float/competion on gay pride here rarely has one with a full beard.

And yes that is once sexy moustachioed person both before and after.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

19. - Top - End - #469

I apologized to my sister just now... I had good reasons to be upset, but I did snap at her. She hasn't responded yet, though. :/

Dreams:

Spoiler
    Show
    Aaand I just remembered that dream where my parents cut my hair in my sleep. Granted, it was a really good haircut (I should've realized it was a dream at that point), but it was also really convincing. I was so relieved when I woke up and found my hair where I left it. :shudder:

... Then there were those ones I got when I was reconnecting with my emotions. Those were... Wow. Those were epically messed up. Like, 'Freudian imagery permuted with every element of body-themed horror ever' messed up. Wait, that was just the first two - still, though, the others actually topped those.

... Those were pretty cool in hindsight, though. Like, the way scary movies and whatnot are. 'Rage' was especially awesome (I still have trouble believing that so many super-predators' body parts could fit together so well on such a humanlike frame).

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I have a recurring dream where I shower in stars, and entropy is the shower drain. And then it gets too abstract to properly describe, but it is epic.

Also vaguely LGBT related. Towards the end of it I usually wind up having sex (in the most abstract, and entirely non-physical way possible) with everyone. No exceptions. And then giving birth to myself, with the cosmos as a byproduct.
    Cool... @_@

O.O

Damn, the only time something that awesome happenned to be me was when I started having lucid fever dreams and halucinated a bit.

I was running around a volcano with a bunch of paladins who kept forming factions and attacking each other trying to get a magic sword. I kept getting up to go get water because for some reason, the paladins needed water.

Then I woke up properly and stumbled to my bean bag where I started to converse with the weather. Not things like the sun etc, more like North eastly wind with a spot of rain or light cloudcover over Manchester.
    That could have so many symbols if it were used out of context.

What did the weather have to say? I never knew they were conversationalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Last time, I had a pretty incoherent and normal dream turn into some horrible nightmare a la "And then there were none", except set in the Cthuhlu mythos, apparently, because the victims were killed in what I could only describe as an event of "reality going haywire". It started when the room we were in started getting completely weird and creepy, and when the first people started letting out bloodcurdling screams, we got out as fast as we could without even looking and never opened the damn room again. We knew that would happen again, but the rituals to avert this were very obscure, and we had no idea if they even worked.
    I woke up briefly but fell asleep again immediately, and I was back inside the dream, lucid and conscious, but unable to wake up. Reality glitched a couple times again, I was terrified.
    When I woke up for good, I had an euphoric, newfound appreciation for the stable, tangible reality of, well, reality.

TL;DR: Nyarlathotep tried to crash my dream.
    Oh, if I had a nickle for every time... *hugs*

I thought my descent into maleness was a lot faster and more sudden than I normally shift identity. Apparently it was just a day or so's glitch, almost certainly caused by the aforementioned flirting, and today I'm back to feeling girly. And really happy, too - I'm starting to enjoy a female identity
    *Hugs* That's good to hear. Er, read. Reassuring to know.

I forget if I've posted this picture in this thread before, but I used it in a silly message board game -- my native part of the forum -- just now and it gives me so much pleasure I have to put it here too.

Spoiler
    Show

That made my day.

In other news, I think I've snagged myself a gentleman. Of course, nothing official, but neither of us is exactly playing it cool. How does one tell, exactly? When are these things made concrete?
    *High-five* Good for you.

Where do babies come from?
    Well, when a man and a woman and a sentient android curious about its own existence love each other very much...

Speakin' of, it occurs to me that "android" doesn't properly describe human-shaped robots (considering that said robots do not necessarily have to be masculine-formed) - I propose calling them "anthroids", both for gender neutrality and because I think that word sounds cool.

Woo!
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    [
    That could have so many symbols if it were used out of context.

What did the weather have to say? I never knew they were conversationalists.
    Freud me up! :D I do love how with Freud you can twist everything to fit very easily.

They ain't. I did most of the talking. But I do remember there being something about football. That must have been light cloud cover over Manchester :P
    She can swing from a web

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I really like that song.

Good luck with your gentleman. As to being official, it's best to talk about it, like asking "so where do we stand?" or something. As to where babies come from, currently for me, surrogates and adoption papers.

Good luck! Be yourself! Have fun! Use protection!(last one just a personal tradition and the closest thing to a catchphrase that I have)
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Good luck! Be yourself! Have fun! Use protection!(last one just a personal tradition and the closest thing to a catchphrase that I have)
    Funny, another friend of mine said the same thing. Meanwhile, the friend of my new girlfriend said she'd hurt me if I did anything to her to hurt her.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

23. - Top - End - #473

Freud me up! :D I do love how with Freud you can twist everything to fit very easily.
    Ever look at a rifle really closely?

Sorry about that, I couldn't resist.
    Thanks for existing.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Funny, another friend of mine said the same thing. Meanwhile, the friend of my new girlfriend said she'd hurt me if I did anything to her to hurt her.
    Well, if it hurts you're doing it wrong anyway.

Good luck on your date.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't escape my maleness. Even if I don't do it, it happens.

._.

~

26. - Top - End - #476
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You mean puberty?

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

At least it wasn't the friends of your new SO's ex.

But, yes, crazy overprotective friends are fun.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-26 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm that way with my metaphorical sister(my primary female best friend)

Sorry about that, I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    At least it wasn't the friends of your new SO's ex.

But, yes, crazy overprotective friends are fun.
    My crazy overprotective friend is split between said aforementioned metaphorical sister and the guy I like. You could say he's my ex, we were just waiting on my parents' blessing. Like that's gonna happen. But I found it attractive(still do) that he wants to help heal things with my family.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-03-26 at 08:03 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Colossus in the Playground

A question has arisen! It is twofold:
    1. Can a transexual crossdress?
    2. Do some transexuals crossdress?

I say yes and probably but I haven't asked (which is why I'm doing so now). What do you think?

(if this is offensive to anyone, I really am genuinely sorry. I can't see it being, but I'm notoriously bad at telling that sort of thing)

29. - Top - End - #479
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

I say yes and probably but I haven't asked (which is why I'm doing so now). What do you think?

(if this is offensive to anyone, I really am genuinely sorry. I can't see it being, but I'm notoriously bad at telling that sort of thing)
    Yeah, my answers would be the same as yours. I don't crossdress myself, but I'm sure some transsexual people do. Although I suppose if you consider dressing out of necessity as a gender you don't identify as to be crossdressing, then every transsexual person I know of has crossdressed.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-26 at 08:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't escape my maleness. Even if I don't do it, it happens.

._.

~
    *Hugs* My id is the only part of me that doesn't know your pain. It's a bit of a jerk. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

I do it every time I wear my jacket. It's okay with that, though. I like that jacket.

Probably needs a bit of tailoring done, though... >.>
    Thanks for existing.