New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    My grandmother transformed into the force on Wednesday, but that's no excuse and it will be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    I didn't mean to sound harsh... Sorry if I did. I know how hard it can be to concentrate through grief. *Hugs*
    Oh, wow. That went completely over my head. I'm sorry for your loss, supernerd.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Yes for speaking about me. Also, I live in Delaware.
    Another inaccuracy. [SARCASM]Well, in a string of events that conspired on the vacation my family took before going home to plan the funeral, that I am the most graceful person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Oh, wow. That went completely over my head. I'm sorry for your loss, supernerd.
    Yeah me and my younger brother watched the first three Star Wars movies on the way down and the last three on the way up. (that's 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 which actually is a lot more satisfying ending than chronologically in the galaxy.) So I got my fair share of "grieve not, but rejoice for those close to us that transform into the Force." so I don't expect someone who wasn't watching Anikin's fall from grace on thursday to understand.

Edit: so as it turns out, my reaction to loss is to challenge myself to do better. This will become useful at some point in the future. My Pisces senses are telling me so.(they usually just tell me who my texts are from)
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-04-06 at 11:17 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, I also missed the Star Wars reference. I hope you're holding up as well.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Every so often.

Ugh, how does a relationship spawned between a 16 year old and a 19 year old over the internet through an online game manage to stay so close? I wish she'd see reason, because this is ridiculous.
    Hey, there are all types. I'll admit I find that even harder to fathom than in-person relationships but whatever works for them.
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Pip pip pip.

~
    Found one!

@supernerd: I'm sorry for your loss. *hugs*
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zampanó View Post
    I am new(!) and am going to be toying with the idea about maybe sort of operating as openly gay from the beginning of my time here? I mean, on the off chance that I integrate well, and that I stay for longer than one flame war (elsewhere on site!) then let's just get that out in the open. I like dudes.

And it's baffling why I still expect a fratboy (or Meathead-juicer, if you prefer) to strike me down every time I say that. Bluh.

I am Zampanó's internalized homophobia, and this is not a reference that I'm allowed to explain.
    Favorite place on the citadel?

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    The background colour/font colour combination! My eyes are on fire!

Also gays suck.Or at least I think most of them do.

Confusion. I'm photosensitive; too bright a light cripples me. Thinking about it causes migraines. But this color choice was fine. Might it be yor monitor brightness/contrast?

Related: forum cant seem to distinguish between my usual green, and anything darker :-\

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    ...Blood and some muscle fibers?
    No silly, the heart strings!

Spoiler
    Show
    This would be a pony if google images were working :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Is it really, though? We are on opposite sides of the world, and perhaps it is different in Garland or among the kobold diaspora. However, excepting the military and business formal situations (and even then), men's hairstyles are laissez faire. I don't feel that the strictures you cite are at all in place anymore.
    Still rather enforced in California.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I thought they reproduced by mitosis!

And that's a lovely top, suits you very well! You have really nice arms and collarbones! *jealous!*
    It's the cheekbones I envy. *envies*

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Let's just say they are liberally distributed in her harem before she enters for a night of fun.
    I forget that wasn't originally a Raz thing...

-

This thread. Unicorn discussion made me smile
    French discussion makes me despair of being able to learn a new language with a straight face though.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hmm are you a teenager on eastern time too? Then Shiro might Benin a bit of trouble for those Internet snuggles...
    I'm 23 and on Central European Time.
    Last edited by Fenice; 2012-04-07 at 05:40 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Those would go great with Shiro snuggles! (that is, I'm a cuddle-slut. Shiro is not to my knowledge promiscuous.)
    I don't know. He was talking about poly-something-or-other recently.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fenice View Post
    I'm 23 and on Central European Time.
    Looks like Shiro snuggles it is! But technically I did reach age of consent aomth ago

I don't know. He was talking about poly-something-or-other recently.
    Polyamorousness is completely different from promiscuity.

Having five boyfriends with unanimous consent is different than being a sexual lay-about.
    That's just a definition/extreme analogy
    Shiro's story isn't about five boyfriends(though I wouldn't say no to that, get them all in one place, pass around Lix's harem cookies, and then...)
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Not that there's anything with being promiscuous as long as you don't hurt people.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Confusion. I'm photosensitive; too bright a light cripples me. Thinking about it causes migraines. But this color choice was fine. Might it be yor monitor brightness/contrast?

Related: forum cant seem to distinguish between my usual green, and anything darker :-\
    It's possible it's my colour blindness but I had a really hard time differentiating between the letters and the background.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Looks like Shiro snuggles it is! But technically I did reach age of consent aomth ago
    Hurray!
    They must be quite some snuggles if they require the age of consent.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

*Musashi senses... TINGLING.*

Heya! I'm also asexual, more exactly demisexual.
    Demisexuals are only attracted to people they have forged strong emotional bonds with beforehand. In my case, I fell in love with my best friend of ten years. I don't otherwise feel any attraction for anybody else, and I have a very low libido.
    So maybe you're demisexual, maybe you're not. You don't need a label, either, just the knowledge you're not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

It's possible it's my colour blindness but I had a really hard time differentiating between the letters and the background.
    It's not your colour blindness, I have exceptional vision and that colour combination is still terrible.

SiuiS: I know you're trying to express your individuality, but could you please not colour the font of your posts? Doing so for every one of your posts, and not just to represent a specific thing such as a character talking, could fall under excessive formatting. Especially when it is as bad as that.

Trying to read your posts when you're investigating moderation issues is really difficult and painful. When people need to quote parts of your post, it's also quite a bit of a pain as well.

These three images may give you a small example of what it's like to read your posts. Think of that, only much worse.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

You folks certainly managed to make my day a ton brighter.
    I wanted to reply to everyone in person, but there's just far too many quotes to fit into one or even two posts I think.
    So thank you for all the nice words everyone.

@clamphone: I know; it's really old. My brother broke my nice one in highschool so I got a cheaper replacement. I don't really use my cell so I don't really mind anyways. And it's supersturdy.

@necklaces: Maybe I should~ I don't really have an idea of what sort of necklace would fit though. >.>

@Arms/colarbones: I don't really get what's so nice about them though!

@Hair: My hair is actually fairly messy these days. I have a Tegan & Sara inspired haircut, but it's been a while since I've been to the hairdresser.

I'm a biochemistry nerd. If I got a necklace, it would probably be with Serotonin though.
    Reminded me of this amusing song.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Frog View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit I would have thought you were blonde, but I also have a bad habit of imagining everyone to look like their avatars. So obviously, that means Keveak is a sinister magpie, for starters.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

BRB, finding an avatar now.
    I know! I have it really bad sometimes. People without avatars are confusing because it's like they have no faces. ;.; (It's does mean that I get to be amused when people with premade avatars argue; they're all the same person (sorta)! )

@Arachu and Astrella: is that better? I'm sorry for my poor word choice. And thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm so glad you corrected me or I would've gone around hurting other peoples feelings. And that's never okay, and it's something I still have to work on.
    's okay. It's like Arachu said, I'm not trying to fool anyone; just trying to be myself. (Also not crossdressing; because I'm expressing my actual gender identity. I guess you could argue that I crossdress when in "boy" mode though. But the way clothes are gendered is something that's just plain weird. >.> ) I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Interacting / complementing most trans* people isn't that hard; especially when they identify reasonably binary (because society is very binary and people are mostly used to interacting with people who identify reasonably binary I guess?); just treat people as their identified gender. (This is mostly pronouns and such; because the way you treat people shouldn't differ based on gender.)

(I'm also not that fond of "passing", since it still has somewhat unfortunate connotation. But then again, you could start an entire debate on how iffy the whole concept of "passing" in itself is and binarism in society, etc... A good replacement for passing that I like is "read", eg. "read as female". Because it moves the action to the observer, rather then the observee.)

-----

A hearty welcome to Fenice and Gnomish Wanderer as well!

(I think I got everything I wanted to say; apologies if I skipped someone. D: )
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-04-08 at 04:45 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Eeee. Cuuute!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

That's the most amazing clubbing song I've ever heard!(maybe, I still love the Beetles) (as you can tell I'm not a fan of rap, and also there are songs in rap that aren't even rap, they're just really bad patter songs)

's okay. It's like Arachu said, I'm not trying to fool anyone; just trying to be myself. (Also not crossdressing; because I'm expressing my actual gender identity. I guess you could argue that I crossdress when in "boy" mode though. But the way clothes are gendered is something that's just plain weird. >.> ) I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Interacting / complementing most trans* people isn't that hard; especially when they identify reasonably binary; just treat people as their identified gender. (This is mostly pronouns and such; because the way you treat people shouldn't differ based on gender.)

(I'm also not that fond of "passing", since it still has somewhat unfortunate connotation. But then again, you could start an entire debate on how iffy the whole concept of "passing" in itself is and binarism in society, etc... A good replacement for passing that I like is "read", eg. "read as female". Because it moves the action to the observer, rather then the observee.)
    Yeah, I'm just screwing up a lot. But you are a very lovely girl. Also before I was aware of this thread, the only thing I knew about trans people was that there was a surgery to change gender. Despite having identified as gay for almost a year. And now, in the LGBT group for our Group Discussion in speech, I'm the one who is like "where's the T?" because all we find is gay marriage.

But I do find the interesting articles. Gay otters, adorable. Transgender(my iPod wanted to autocorrect to transcended. Win?) deacon, thank you(especially whoever it has that shared that one here)! Gay superheroes, new Batwoman is a huge win! So yeah... I also picked up Natalie Reed's 7 things about being trans that are actually kind of awesome thanks to Asta. Our discussion topic is very bloggy.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I'm just screwing up a lot. But you are a very lovely girl. Also before I was aware of this thread, the only thing I knew about trans people was that there was a surgery to change gender. Despite having identified as gay for almost a year. And now, in the LGBT group for our Group Discussion in speech, I'm the one who is like "where's the T?" because all we find is gay marriage.

But I do find the interesting articles. Gay otters, adorable. Transgender(my iPod wanted to autocorrect to transcended. Win?) deacon, thank you(especially whoever it has that shared that one here)! Gay superheroes, new Batwoman is a huge win! So yeah... I also picked up Natalie Reed's 7 things about being trans that are actually kind of awesome thanks to Asta. Our discussion topic is very bloggy.
    Well, it's not really changing gender; GRS. (Also; there isn't really anything like "the surgery", basically transition just means undertaking a bunch of steps; which can be physical, social, expression wise, etc... to reduce dysphoria and be able to live your gender identity.) But I like that you are standing up for T visibility. Natalie's posts are in general very good though; her 13 misconceptions about trans women (sadly only trans women; and not trans men and non-binary folk.) and this article are pretty good reads that pop up in my head right now. (Sex is just as much a complicated mess as gender. )
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-04-07 at 02:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You are looking at it from the geologist's angle. From a gem angle, rubies are pretty unique. They're a lot harder to find with saturated hue and without inclusions than sapphires, which is why you have to be far more scrutinizing over rubies than sapphires about artificial treatments when buying.

Blue sapphires, on the other hand, are hard to find in a light hue. They tend to be clearer, but too dark, so the blue doesn't pop like in a good specimen. Same compound different impurity, perhaps, but it's a wholly other creature from the gem angle. They have different tendencies, obstacles, and different kinds of beauty enough to justify a separate name.

Sapphires other than blue are generally called "fancy sapphires," to distinguish them, and there is another yellow-pink species with its own name, the padparadsha.
    Of course I am! Thank you for the interesting gem perspective, though!

You're good! You win a toast rack and a matching set of garden furniture. Where shall I send them?
    That's really awesome! I wouldn't have thought you could get such a good effect on one end without starting to noticeably affect the other. How big of a rock is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It's not your colour blindness, I have exceptional vision and that colour combination is still terrible.

SiuiS: I know you're trying to express your individuality, but could you please not colour the font of your posts? Doing so for every one of your posts, and not just to represent a specific thing such as a character talking, could fall under excessive formatting. Especially when it is as bad as that.

Trying to read your posts when you're investigating moderation issues is really difficult and painful. When people need to quote parts of your post, it's also quite a bit of a pain as well.

These three images may give you a small example of what it's like to read your posts. Think of that, only much worse.
    Oh god my brain! I shouldn't have looked at the optical illusions while my eyes are hurting! Anyway, if I may ask, there's more than one person here using a different colour font, so is SiuiS's worse than others or just the most noticeable?

This is the first time I've used the word "noticeable" twice in one post. Now three times!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Pixie in the Playground

I know the "what ring would you want" part of the gemstone discussion has probably gone the way of the dodo and the quagga by now (although that doesn't really seem to matter much around here, I'm noticing ), this ring just makes me squee.

That is my future wedding ring, should I ever get married and my fingers stopped being such a weird shape that made wearing rings difficult.

I would totally even base my whole wedding's decor around that ring's design. Somehow. Steampunk galore? I dunno. That's starting to get overdone.

20. - Top - End - #1130

I wanted to reply to everyone in person, but there's just far too many quotes to fit into one or even two posts I think.
    n.n

I'm amused.

Which reminds me that last night I was wondering whether ethylene glycol would be "better" than ethanol because it has twice the alcohol groups. But Wikipedia informs me that it's highly toxic.

I know the "what ring would you want" part of the gemstone discussion has probably gone the way of the dodo and the quagga by now (although that doesn't really seem to matter much around here, I'm noticing ), this ring just makes me squee.

That is my future wedding ring, should I ever get married and my fingers stopped being such a weird shape that made wearing rings difficult.

I would totally even base my whole wedding's decor around that ring's design. Somehow. Steampunk galore? I dunno. That's starting to get overdone.
    That is a pretty nifty ring.

Rings with stones tend to bother me because I feel like they should point up properly and if they turn sideways it bothers me. I wear an 8mm black steel ring and I'm constantly adjusting it so the scratches point in a particular direction. Oh, OCD. (And I have an actual diagnosis there, so it's not just colloquial.)
    Jude P.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

I've never had a problem reading his or Arachu's posts before, and I do think it's probably just different monitor settings. It definitely doesn't fall in line with the example of excessive formatting given in the rules. "Generally going overboard with formatting" sounds like it means doing a lot of formatting, and changing the color of all of the words in your entire post is one formatting change.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-04-07 at 11:57 AM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

22. - Top - End - #1132

This thread moves fast! o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    *Musashi senses... TINGLING.*

Heya! I'm also asexual, more exactly demisexual.
    Demisexuals are only attracted to people they have forged strong emotional bonds with beforehand. In my case, I fell in love with my best friend of ten years. I don't otherwise feel any attraction for anybody else, and I have a very low libido.
    So maybe you're demisexual, maybe you're not. You don't need a label, either, just the knowledge you're not alone.
    Demisexual is a perfect descriptor. I've looked up asexual stuff before trying to find... some shred of normalcy but I never really found what I was looking for. It takes some weight away from it not feeling like I have to try and not sound like I'm lying. I've tried to be attracted to other people to try to feel normal, but the only person I've ever really been attracted to is my high school sweetheart, so to speak.

-snip- That is my future wedding ring, should I ever get married and my fingers stopped being such a weird shape that made wearing rings difficult.

That ring is amazing. I have a really simple version of that myself, it's kinda like a regular ring with a second spinning ring around it, but sadly there are no visible gears in the design. And I'd say it's hardly overdone!
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2012-04-07 at 12:31 PM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post

Demisexual is a perfect descriptor. I've looked up asexual stuff before trying to find... some shred of normalcy but I never really found what I was looking for. It takes some weight away from it not feeling like I have to try and not sound like I'm lying. I've tried to be attracted to other people to try to feel normal, but the only person I've ever really been attracted to is my high school sweetheart, so to speak.That ring is amazing. I have a really simple version of that myself, it's kinda like a regular ring with a second spinning ring around it, but sadly there are no visible gears in the design. And I'd say it's hardly overdone!
    The thread moves indeed fast. I think it goes about three times as fast compared to when I joined. (I think our record is five pages in a single day.)

Also, nice to hear that you are figuring stuff out.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134

The thread moves indeed fast. I think it goes about three times as fast compared to when I joined. (I think our record is five pages in a single day.)
    That few? I think I've seen more than five pages in a twenty-four hour period.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Oh my, yes.

Demisexual is a perfect descriptor. I've looked up asexual stuff before trying to find... some shred of normalcy but I never really found what I was looking for. It takes some weight away from it not feeling like I have to try and not sound like I'm lying. I've tried to be attracted to other people to try to feel normal, but the only person I've ever really been attracted to is my high school sweetheart, so to speak.
    Hey - you're not lying, and you're no less normal than anyone else. *Hugs*

I don't mean to sound rude, but isn't that a little... Harsh? I can kinda see where someone might get a headache, but his posts aren't anywhere near as bad as those illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

I can usually tell between Green and Forestgreen, but I can't really tell between the hex color and ForestGreen (not without examples to contrast, at any rate).

Wait, scratch that - I can definitely tell in a quote box. I like that one, it's pretty.

*Hugs* It happens. I remember when I first started talking in the thread; I unconsciously used male pronouns in a post, then edited them out, then edited out the apology in case it offended someone. It rooted in a grammar thing (the 'assume male' convention), but it was so embarrassing.

And then Asta mentioned something about "bro codes", and I think I went to sleep (or was it Blueprint Reading class?), and I forget what happened next but I started to recognize my own gender a couple of weeks after that.

^_^

@Arms/colarbones: I don't really get what's so nice about them though!
    They're really feminine.

@Hair: My hair is actually fairly messy these days. I have a Tegan & Sara inspired haircut, but it's been a while since I've been to the hairdresser.
    It's really cute, though.

Then again, I haven't gotten a trim since High School, so maybe I'm not the best judge of hair neatness...

I know! I have it really bad sometimes. People without avatars are confusing because it's like they have no faces. ;.; (It's does mean that I get to be amused when people with premade avatars argue; they're all the same person (sorta)! )
    I remember when I was a samurai... I had a terrible sense of humor back then.

I was afraid of that... Yeah, "reading" is better.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    That's really awesome! I wouldn't have thought you could get such a good effect on one end without starting to noticeably affect the other. How big of a rock is it?
    Say one inch thick and two to four inches long. It's in one of the deeply buried boxes in someone's cellar (my mother moved from a big house to a medium-sized apartment. all her relatives' cellars are now occupied with her stuff...)

― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #1137

That sounds like a really neat rock.
    Also why inches?
    Jude P.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

She's from Ireland, poor child.

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

She's from Ireland, poor child.
    They use inches in Ireland? I thought all of Europe had decided on using real measurements.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

30. - Top - End - #1140

They use inches in Ireland? I thought all of Europe had decided on using real measurements.
    That's what I thought. Heck, I'm from the US and I use metric units as often as not.
    Jude P.