New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    I just noticed little noodle there that globs on to nimmel has only 1 eyeball. Maybe Noodle mitosised or something, and his main body is under evil control but his good mind is in the little germ?
    Except the "main body" is too small to be seen while the "little germ" is clearly visible. I would say that it's a psychoplane thing, except Noodel always appears human-sized or larger in a psychoplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    New theory! The tiny archmage wasnt trying to kill them, he was trying to WARN them! The problem is, he is an alien trying to figure out human biology, so he keeps picking the wrong spots to try and interface with them in order to be able to communicate. By using nimmels bad eye he is able to connect to him without destroying a body part that was working just fine earlier today, and he will hopefully be able to deliver his warning.
    Alternate theory: Noodel is trying to warn them, but, with his alien mindset, he considers the physical bodies of the werewolves to be nothing more than containers for the microorganisms within. He has, in fact, been dropping nuclear bombs on various minor infections to appease the overzealous antibodies that he mistakenly thinks are in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    If we had to get a sudden mood change i think i would have preferred something more subdued. For instance, instead of this high and mighty aggressive tone, I think i would have preferred is Snert was much more apologetic; he apologizes to nimmel but explains that if he is going to stand against his master then he will have to die, but he really does not want to kill him... That would have atleast had the effect of less of a mood whip-lash... though i would have preferred Snert simply keeping nimmel uninvolved so that he would not be killed, and trying best to stick to convincing Nimmel to join them as opposed to jumping to the "join us or die" mentality
    I don't see a problem with the 180. Snert's just taking a cold, businesslike approach to Nimmel. "The Phoenix" can be either an asset or a threat, so he offers Nimmel power to judge his potential as an ally. Once it's clear that Nimmel won't switch sides, Snert decides to eliminate him. The only annoying thing here is the taunting and the fact that the sucker punch wasn't fatal.

Alternatively: Snert was making up all that crap about Nimmel being a potential archmage. His mission is to capture Nimmel so King Callan can violently rip out his memories and look for information on Dominic. Snert started out trying to lure Nimmel away with trickery; when it looked like that wouldn't work, he switched to the old "blast 'em with a stun grenade and mutilate 'em so they can't escape" tactic.

As for why Snert showed up right now, when Nimmel's friends are in danger, rather than asking him to follow him to the island of stupid jocks on a day when he's not doing anything better... Er, because magic and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

New theory! The tiny archmage wasnt trying to kill them, he was trying to WARN them! The problem is, he is an alien trying to figure out human biology, so he keeps picking the wrong spots to try and interface with them in order to be able to communicate. By using nimmels bad eye he is able to connect to him without destroying a body part that was working just fine earlier today, and he will hopefully be able to deliver his warning.
    I like to imagine the little guy going through a dozen bodies a week.

"Aaargh, another one! Why do these meatbags pop so easily?"

3. - Top - End - #873

AssassinGuy

I like to imagine the little guy going through a dozen bodies a week.

"Aaargh, another one! Why do these meatbags pop so easily?"

4. - Top - End - #874
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow. I was coming up with a theory to explain all of this, and it got kind of long, so I spoilered it. I guess that just shows how much stuff needs explaining in this strip.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so I'm thinking the most logical explanation for all of this is that Snert was being mind-controlled by someone and Alduraithel realized this and couldn't stop the mind control so he killed him. This would explain why his eyes are reversecolored and why he possesses human intelligence and powerful magic when before the only concept he could understand was cookies. However, he did call Alduraithel "Master" which would indicate that he himself is the one talking, but that just doesn't jibe with everything mentioned above. Maybe he's still in control of his body, but he's been brainwashed and given power. Another bizarre thing was how Alduraithel was just killing Nimmel's friends. Maybe it was really Snert who was tearing apart their bodies with his newfound powers and saying that Alduraithel was doing it because he knew Alduraithel was on the Deegan side and he didn't want Nimmel to trust him. Of course, he also wanted Nimmel to join him, but tearing apart his friends in front of his eyes doesn't seem like a good way to win him over, but it's the best theory I can come up with right now, so, whatever.

Edit:
    Sneaky gate.
    Future link.
    Huh. So I was wrong.

This is a somewhat interesting twist, although I'm going to be very irritated if Nimmel defeats Alduraithel all by himself with minimal aid from Miniraithel. I'm assuming that the King or Beast is controlling the rest of his body. Also, this still doesn't explain how Snert seemingly acquired human intelligence and powerful magic.
    Last edited by Mr. McGician; 2012-04-19 at 11:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm thinking, given the wounds on Big Squid, that he is on team Deegan too, and just finished dealing with whatever was actually attacking the werewolves.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

6. - Top - End - #876

Okay, that's an interesting twist, and the whole germ/bacteria based species theory wasn't too far off. However, the problem where AlDurararara can easily kill the wolves by making their brains or hearts explode but chooses not to for whatever reason still stands. And why is he huge now? Finish them off properly in microscopic form! ARG.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2012-04-20 at 12:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Sneaky gate.
    Future link.
    Huh. So I was wrong.

This is a somewhat interesting twist, although I'm going to be very irritated if Nimmel defeats Alduraithel all by himself with minimal aid from Miniraithel. I'm assuming that the King or Beast is controlling the rest of his body. Also, this still doesn't explain how Snert seemingly acquired human intelligence and powerful magic.
    By itself the twist is pretty good, but now the story has to give some sort of excuse of how come the wolves are still alive, why Jayden wasn't attacked, and why Nimmel was taken in the first place.

I'm still willing to give it a chance, but I suspect it is going to be similar to the end of the scry-sword arc - plenty of weird action stuffed into several days, without ever explaining what it was, and with ridicules outcomes.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Okay, that's an interesting twist, and the whole germ/bacteria based species theory wasn't too far off. However, the problem where AlDurararara can easily kill the wolves by making their brains or hearts explode but chooses not to for whatever reason still stands. And why is he huge now? Finish them off properly in microscopic form! ARG.
    It makes sense if he's under control of the Beast. Dude is always just fronting. Killing something on screen would make him an actual threat, and he knows he can't risk doing that in case it makes Mookie worry about Dominic.

(the beast is a meta-plannar entity, and so is aware of thing outside the comic)
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

9. - Top - End - #879

GnomeWizardGuy

I've got no idea what's going on. First Wormmage is small and evil, now he's two worms, one nice and an eyeball and one all huge.

C'mon Mookie at least kill off Milov.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

It seems clear that the arcmage has been corrupted somehow, and i guess the last normal piece of him is that eyeball who broke off and sough refuge in Nimmel.
    You can also see that the big thingy is missing 1 eyeball.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

He's going to kill off Jayden so she can be revived and that'll be the real completion of her pilgrimage. She will be the new prophet.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Colossus in the Playground

Ugh, so nimmel will become an archmage by fiat because he will be carrying around the remaining chunk of a microscopic archmage inside him. Im guessing something happened like, snuggly or the king or whoever started to take control of the archmage somehow, and being what he is, it was like a sponge slowly soaking up the evil and he was able to detach the last part of his body to be unaffected just in time.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Credit where credit's due.

That was a pretty cool twist!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ugh, so nimmel will become an archmage by fiat because he will be carrying around the remaining chunk of a microscopic archmage inside him. Im guessing something happened like, snuggly or the king or whoever started to take control of the archmage somehow, and being what he is, it was like a sponge slowly soaking up the evil and he was able to detach the last part of his body to be unaffected just in time.
    That's what I thought as well, yes, and isn't it a little less trite than usual? There's an evil guy acting stupid because mind controlled (at least I hope that's the reason), a not totally cliché alien creature and the faint hope that someone will actually die this time around. I know that everything will be ruined before wednesday, but look, if you read Dominic Deegan you've got to work with what you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    "Killing is WRONG Celesto."
    "My God you're right"

Awesome Professor Dandria avatar by Ceika, queen of the awesome.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dandria View Post
    That's what I thought as well, yes, and isn't it a little less trite than usual? There's an evil guy acting stupid because mind controlled (at least I hope that's the reason), a not totally cliché alien creature and the faint hope that someone will actually die this time around. I know that everything will be ruined before wednesday, but look, if you read Dominic Deegan you've got to work with what you get.
    I have no hope for any death, in fact I bet that this injury to katya will somehow jump start her werewolfish tendencies, and she will no longer be a runt. Im also picturing nimmel dealing with the fact that at random bad times, the floating eyeball spaghetti string will poke out of his face with an "amusing" comment to make, and ruin all sorts of situations where nimmel needs to be taken seriously. Either that, or he will completely merge with nimmel, being at most a voice in his head, while nimmel gets to have an archmage upgrade for free.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #886

Daemon

Nimmel has one empty eye socket. Alduraithel is now just one eyeball.

THE HORROR!

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

I want to know why Noodel needed a translator if he can speak English. What, has he taken a leaf from Donovan's book? Makes no sense.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want to know why Noodel needed a translator if he can speak English. What, has he taken a leaf from Donovan's book? Makes no sense.
    Presumably it helps to be able to communicate with people without having to infect them first.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Monkey View Post
    Presumably it helps to be able to communicate with people without having to infect them first.
    let us HOPE that is the explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    You may have noticed that Alduraithel was spying on Milov, Jayden, Katya and Nimmel with only four of his five eyes last week. Now we know why.
    I might be in a sarcastic mode today, but my first reaction to that newspost was "Well done Mookie, this time you can claim a valid excuse for your artwork missing limbs..."

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker
    let us HOPE that is the explanation.
    I'd be surprised if there was any explanation at all...
    Not a robot

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Well, this is still weirdly paced and makes little sense, but I'm actually kind of interested now.

Also if Nimmel gets superpowers for putting the Eye of Alduraithiel in his empty socket, someone else needs to try to do that with the Head of Alduraithiel.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-04-20 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

22. - Top - End - #892
    Dwarf in the Playground

Im also picturing nimmel dealing with the fact that at random bad times, the floating eyeball spaghetti string will poke out of his face with an "amusing" comment to make, and ruin all sorts of situations where nimmel needs to be taken seriously.
    GENIUS! Come on, man, how can you be so jaded?! That sounds (to quote the SA thread) KICKING RAD!

Also if Nimmel gets superpowers for putting the Eye of Alduraithiel in his empty socket, someone else needs to try to do that with the Head of Alduraithiel.
    Are there druids in DD? Or someone able to summon scimitar wielding apes, for that matter?
    "Killing is WRONG Celesto."
    "My God you're right"

Awesome Professor Dandria avatar by Ceika, queen of the awesome.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Obscure DnD references for the win!

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Obscure DnD references for the win!
    ... that reference was obscure???

Guess I play too much dnd if it wasn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Monkey View Post
    When Noodel was first introduced, he was supposed to be a benevolent Lovecraftian monster. I thought he needed a human translator because he thinks and behaves in a way that is completely different from a human. He was also tiny, which is the thing that sets him apart.

In this comic, Noodel is visible and can speak/understand human language. It's Snuggly's trollface jock speech all over again, just another boring villain made lame(r) by being humanised.

Mookie cannot write humans and he cannot write incomprehensible non-humans.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-04-20 at 01:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    ... that reference was obscure???

Guess I play too much dnd if it wasn't...
    It's obscure if you don't play DND.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Nimmel has one empty eye socket. Alduraithel is now just one eyeball.
    Together, they fight crime.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

28. - Top - End - #898

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Together, they fight crime.
    Is it possible for both of them to be Bad Cop?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

29. - Top - End - #899

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Is it possible for both of them to be Bad Cop?
    Bad Cop, Incompetent Cop.

30. - Top - End - #900

Nimmel's got to be the Good Cop, since he's the best at everything ever. So, Good Cop, Bacillus Cop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.