New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Nimmel's got to be the Good Cop, since he's the best at everything ever. So, Good Cop, Bacillus Cop?
    That sounds more like a setup for "Weird cop with his animal partner" type movie.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #902
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    That sounds more like a setup for "Weird cop with his animal partner" type movie.
    Mage Cop and the Big Dog.

3. - Top - End - #903

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Mage Cop and the Big Dog.
    The Big Dog is his penis.

"The Big Dog and his Big Dog".

... Alduraithingy is TOTALLY some sorta phallic symbol.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Nimmel's got to be the Good Cop, since he's the best at everything ever. So, Good Cop, Bacillus Cop?
    We all know how much Mookie loves piss-fart-puke scenes. Change the second to diarrhea and eyeball stalk is Mookie's poster-germ.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2012-04-21 at 12:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

It looks like even the Learn From Webcomics guy realizes how many problems Dominic Deegan has.

I know, I know, three lessons from the same guy. Let’s just say I believe Mr. Terraciano has a lot to teach us. After all, the man gives widely-attended talks about character development!

6. - Top - End - #906

I consider this relevant to some discussions of "talking heads" that pop up every so often here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I consider this relevant to some discussions of "talking heads" that pop up every so often here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Human figures! The horror!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's wrong with their faces? Their noses don't continue straight into their jaw line and their mouths are in middle of their facial symmetry rather than on the side of their cheek?

That just looks wrong.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

Filler or something.

I got nothing.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

10. - Top - End - #910

Eeeyah, tentacles and possibly nude werewolf is making me think very dirty thoughts. >_>

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd make the obligatory furry hentai joke, but Mookie already did it for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

12. - Top - End - #912

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Eeeyah, tentacles and possibly nude werewolf is making me think very dirty thoughts. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    I'd make the obligatory furry hentai joke, but Mookie already did it for me.
    Yep. Mookie's already beaten us to the punch this time. Erm...yay?
    LGBTitP

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Yep. Mookie's already beaten us to the punch this time. Erm...yay?
    Less like "erm... yay" and more like foe yay.

14. - Top - End - #914

Griffon

Note that this particular version of Andurathiel has all 4 eyes intact - apparently he was into this sort of thing even BEFORE being introduced to Snuggly.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

It's comforting to see I'm not the only one who immediately thought of something dirty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #916

Daemon

I think we've all seen enough hentai to know where this is going :|

17. - Top - End - #917
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    I think we've all seen enough hentai to know where this is going :|
    Someone had to do it
    Last edited by Traab; 2012-04-23 at 05:57 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #918
    Orc in the Playground

Edit: I have spent not nearly enough time around the wrong kind of people. Please carry on.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2012-04-23 at 06:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    So, where does he get the rapier from? I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Elan owns two rapiers. His first rapier was stolen by Nale when he impersonated Elan. He got a second rapier from Julio Scoundrél as a gift. Then, he retrieved his original rapier when he defeated Nale and reclaimed all of his equipment.

HA!

19. - Top - End - #919

Sneaky gate.
    Future link.

Wow. It actually makes sense! Mostly. There might be some plot holes I'm missing, but so far this story is making more sense than we were giving Mookie credit for. And I don't think that this is some sort of desperate plot hole patching either, because as far as I can tell it hasn't created any new plot holes.

This story still has the potential to be annoying if Nimmel singlehandedly defeats an archmage. But I'm not sure how this is going to play out. The dialogue in this strip was rather confusing, anyway. This might turn into another convoluted nonsensical climax like the climaxes of the twin arcs.
    Last edited by Mr. McGician; 2012-04-23 at 11:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Sneaky gate.
    Future link.

Wow. It actually makes sense! Mostly. There might be some plot holes I'm missing, but so far this story is making more sense than we were giving Mookie credit for. And I don't think that this is some sort of desperate plot hole patching either, because as far as I can tell it hasn't created any new plot holes.

This story still has the potential to be annoying if Nimmel singlehandedly defeats an archmage. But I'm not sure how this is going to play out. The dialogue in this strip was rather confusing, anyway. This might turn into another convoluted nonsensical climax like the climaxes of the twin arcs.
    ehhhhhh that's pretty contrived, Jeeze... Why did Snert bring him here at all? How did this non-dead piece get away from his body? No plot holes yet but I'm not willing to say this makes sense really.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Well, aside from the starting question of "who sent a zombie Archmage to kill a bunch of unimportant characters" and the follow up "why would Micromage even have a spell that blew up the rest of his body only if someone else killed him" that is

This is just another example of "writing in a box" -- if you took this one scene out of context from anything else that has been going on, it makes sense. Heck, it can even look pretty good. But when you start thinking about how we got to this scene, well, there are all sorts of Plot Holes that need to be Hand Waved.

Oh yeah, and this whole battle? Taking place in yet another blank void which may or may not be a Mindsoulspace
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

22. - Top - End - #922

I'm not sure about this, unfortunately. The setup of actual, serious consequences to a minor character is refreshing, but I thought they were in a psychoplane. You know, those things that correspond one-to-one with physical space? Nimmel is basically *right there*, just displaced a bit through the axis of reality. All Milov needs to do is recruit an easily distractible seer with access to the psychoplanes to, at least, find Nimmel. I'm kind of wondering why Alduraithel doesn't realize that's an option; it sounds like he's done his homework on these guys, and he's met Dominic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

23. - Top - End - #923

GnomeWizardGuy

Nimmel's blowing a party whistle in that last panel. He's clearly glad he's out of the comic.

And yeah, Mookie's doing his usual shtick of writing his characters into problems without a plan and then re-writing the universe to throw solutions at them. Because why else would an archmage have an inbuilt self-destruct.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-04-23 at 11:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, so that is how everyone will get out of this without any lasting consequences. Nimmel sacrifices himself to save the other, and then either Dominic or the power of love will save him. Probably the latter when Katya realizes what a nice guy he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

Come on Mookie, endanger your Sues. It's near the end of the comic anyway.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    This is just another example of "writing in a box" -- if you took this one scene out of context from anything else that has been going on, it makes sense. Heck, it can even look pretty good. But when you start thinking about how we got to this scene, well, there are all sorts of Plot Holes that need to be Hand Waved.

Compare it to the end of the sword scry arc, when nothing made sense in the wide perspective, AND in the climatic scene we had no idea what is even happening.

At least we understand this scene, and the reasons for some the WTF questions were decent.

Yes, we still don't understand why Nimmel was brought there by the enemy, we don't know why this place was attacked, and why now, and we are not even sure where they are now.
    But we do know why the attack itself was ineffective, and why the archmage was partially visible, so I guess it should count for something.

The negative side is that while it explains why the attack was ineffective, it also confirmed that no one is/was at risk, maybe except for Nimmel, and I doubt he will just fade away.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Yes, we still don't understand why Nimmel was brought there by the enemy, we don't know why this place was attacked, and why now, and we are not even sure where they are now.
    But we do know why the attack itself was ineffective, and why the archmage was partially visible, so I guess it should count for something.
    Except, making the archmage visible was completely redundant since he will be destroyed by someone on another plane who won't see him no matter what his size.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

I must say that everything went better than I had expected.

Now, don't get me wrong: it still doesn't really make sense in context and Nimmel is obvioulsy going to solve everything within a couple of days, but if we were to take the last two weeks of Dominic Deegan ang ignore everything else, well, I actually believe they would make an almost decent story.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    I want to give a shout to That Guy With The Glasses for not only being fun to hang out with, but for giving me some insightful advice on my "Writing Unique Heroes & Memorable Villains panel, forgiving me for being slightly grumpy last year (in my defense, all Italians are grouchy when they haven't eaten) and for sharing my bitter hatred of Moulin Rouge.
    God damn it, Mookie, leave out TGWTG and stop making things up!

Don't make me grouchy. You wouldn't like me when I'm grouchy
    Last edited by Dandria; 2012-04-24 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    "Killing is WRONG Celesto."
    "My God you're right"

Awesome Professor Dandria avatar by Ceika, queen of the awesome.

29. - Top - End - #929

Ah, so that is how everyone will get out of this without any lasting consequences. Nimmel sacrifices himself to save the other, and then either Dominic or the power of love will save him. Probably the latter when Katya realizes what a nice guy he is.
    The way we know that Nimmel will be safe is that Mookie announces that the character is screwed. Just as it is bad form for characters to state what they are feeling, it is bad form to project someone's fate unless you intend to change it. By now, we know that Mookie loves the faux-emo and that he doesn't want to hurt his characters, so we know what will happen next. Nimmel will use his "awesome, unrealized magic" and save everyone, thinking to himself that he is making a sacrifice. Then Mookie will pull another deux-ex-machina and save him so everyone will be okay. And then everyone will hook up just like the end of a Shakespeare comedy.
    BTW, this plot twist is not that original. It closely resembles the ending of the video game Freedom Force (an underrated game, BTW). But it is still the best arc Mookie has put together in years! Seriously, when was the last arc that didn't totally suck?
    (in my defense, all Italians are grouchy when they haven't eaten)
    LOL. As a fellow Italian, I can confirm that!

30. - Top - End - #930

You'd imagine that a spell that kills the rest of your body when part of it is taken out of commission is pretty much the last thing that a guy who could split into parts would want.

Alternately, it's the kind of thing all archmagi want, because they're just so tanked up on magic that there is a real danger that at any given point, the magic will call to them and they'll just almost completely lose control.

I dunno man, I don't know much about archmagi y'know.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!