New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Wait, Nimmel can scry. Why can't he just check up on Katya by himself? Or give Dom a call and explain everything?
    Technically, any spellcaster can scry, they just wont be masters of it like dom and celesto. From what ive gathered, learning to cast spells is like learning a trade. You can learn to be an electrician, plumber, washer/dryer repair, etc, but you have to choose which path to take. Its the same thing. If they can learn magic, they can cast a scrying spell, they just wont be amazing at it without the specific training. I can snake out a clogged pipe, I can even put down a new toilet, but dont expect me to be able to run pipes through new construction.

All that said, im going to say that it either will get no explanation, or will be handwaved with, "Well, to scry across planes is something that takes a lot of skill to do and nimmel doesnt have that." or something.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

I was going to predict this cliffhanger, but I thought it would be too obvious even for Mookie...

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    So, Weekend Speculation: What is the worst way for Mookie to write Nimmel out of the Phantom Zone?
    (A) Nimmel awakens his inner Archmage and gets himself out
    (B) Dominic scries Nimmel and frees him
    (C) Dominic scries Nimmel and delivers pep talk. Nimmel frees self
    (D) Klo Tark!
    (C) is definitely the worst, because it will lead to twice as much boring exposition and protagonists praising each other than the other options. Which I suppose makes it the most likely possibility as well.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    (C) is definitely the worst, because it will lead to twice as much boring exposition and protagonists praising each other than the other options. Which I suppose makes it the most likely possibility as well.
    Just as bad is the variant of (C) where Nimmel escapes himself but has to do it by meditating about the awesomeness of Dominic. There's less of Dominic praising Nimmel, but more of Nimmel praising Dominic.

Far worse is the variant where praising Dominic is replaced with praising Luna.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Just posting a tribute to the best character in this comic.

Link

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post

Link
    I don't see Warlord Mustache in this picture. Are you sure you posted the right link?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Bugbear in the Playground

Prepare to be disappointed

So, Weekend Speculation: What is the worst way for Mookie to write Nimmel out of the Phantom Zone?
    (D) Klo Tark!
    Technically, C is just a subset of B as any action Dominic takes towards a goal that subsequently gets fulfilled, in any fashion, is something he'll be given all the credit for. So I'm going with "(E) all of the above": Dominic scries Nimmel, delivers a pep talk, awakens Nimmel's inner Archmage (just as Dom knew he would) and escapes. Followed by a shot of Klo Tark implying he knew that this is exactly what would happen and somehow arranged it from behind the scenes.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Technically, C is just a subset of B as any action Dominic takes towards a goal that subsequently gets fulfilled, in any fashion, is something he'll be given all the credit for. So I'm going with "(E) all of the above": Dominic scries Nimmel, delivers a pep talk, awakens Nimmel's inner Archmage (just as Dom knew he would) and escapes. Followed by a shot of Klo Tark implying he knew that this is exactly what would happen and somehow arranged it from behind the scenes.
    Klo Tark will be talking to Rillian when he says that.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post

Link
    Noodle will be missed.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

9. - Top - End - #1029

Prepare to be disappointed

(D) Klo Tark!
    (E) F*** YOU, I'M A BIRD!

I mean, he's been going around calling himself "The Phoenix" for ages. Just put a link back to that in the newspost and hey, it's like foreshadowing, right?
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

10. - Top - End - #1030

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    (E) F*** YOU, I'M A BIRD!

I mean, he's been going around calling himself "The Phoenix" for ages. Just put a link back to that in the newspost and hey, it's like foreshadowing, right?
    This can't be the worst option because it involves Nimmel being immolated.

11. - Top - End - #1031

I vote for "Dominic knew this was all going to happen all along, but did not intervene because he knew Nimmel would act on his "undying wuv" of Katya and turn into an arch-mage. Nimmel would then save Katya, followed by Jayden and Milov getting back together and everyone having a big group hug where they thank Dominic and Luna for being so awesome!

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Look at this (on the 2 minute mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldQggHj78I

13. - Top - End - #1033

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post

I hate to be "that gal", but...

...I don't get it.
    LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #1034

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    I hate to be "that gal", but...

...I don't get it.
    I don't get it either.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    This can't be the worst option because it involves Nimmel being immolated.
    Burned, but not harmed by the flame. Which is just another way to draw yet another DBZ style aura (with fire beam spam).

Also, officially guaranteed to rise from the dead every time he dies.

16. - Top - End - #1036

"Don't worry about me, I'm a shaman. My mind is like a fortress."
    <camera cut>
    "Listen to your heaaart, everything is good"

The "my mind is like a fortress" bit is the kind of things Dominic used to say. Back when the comic wasn't about Runt Bro & Hella Noodle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure if that is funny in regards to DD, but it's funny on it's own, so thanks for the link.
    (another point on my list of videos to download)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Bwahahaha - what.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah, wipe those long faces off my my funny link

20. - Top - End - #1040

Sneaky Gate

Future Link

Pfft... Thank you Mookie. I needed more humor in my life.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Sneaky Gate

Future Link

Pfft... Thank you Mookie. I needed more humor in my life.
    So we didn't even get a fake cliffhanger last week, instead we had a convenient missing words, and "tension" that lasted for 2 panels.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm wondering about is... does Katya still have arms? It looked like they were both blasted off at the shoulders last strip. In today's panels 6 and 7 the blanket shape suggests that there are no arms beneath it but this is Mookie we're talking about. So does she have them or doesn't she?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm wondering about is... does Katya still have arms? It looked like they were both blasted off at the shoulders last strip. In today's panels 6 and 7 the blanket shape suggests that there are no arms beneath it but this is Mookie we're talking about. So does she have them or doesn't she?
    Does it matter?
    Even if she lost an arm, it will be replaced with a prostate, treated like a normal arm and never be mentioned again except for some comic reliefs once in a while.

24. - Top - End - #1044

GnomeWizardGuy

Everyone predicted this result but I wasn't expecting that cliche. This is hilarious.

Nimmel, last panel: "Ninety-nine broken squares in the void, ninety-nine broken squaaares...."

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Does it matter?
    Even if she lost an arm, it will be replaced with a prostate, treated like a normal arm and never be mentioned again except for some comic reliefs once in a while.

Did you mean prosthetic? Cause that's some messed up s**t otherwise.

Also, I must say I wasn't expecting Nimmel to literally scream so hard reality altered itself. That's pretty impressive, when you think about it.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2012-04-30 at 12:40 AM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post

Did you mean prosthetic? Cause that's some messed up s**t otherwise.

Also, I must say I wasn't expecting Nimmel to literally scream so hard reality altered itself. That's pretty impressive, when you think about it.
    Right, sorry

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Orc in the Playground

Dismemberment? Not unless you're a main Character!

Seriously though, I thought the whole point last week was that Nimmel didn't get to hear whether she was alive or not. It was actually somewhat tense and poignant.

I can't wait for them to save him from whatever pocket dimension Noodle stuffed him in for no goddamn reason.
    -Annonymous

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Someone needs to do a "sue powers" list. A list of every ability that manifested to save a main character, then was never heard from again.

I'm afraid this might not even be the silliest one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

look at panel 4

Seriously though, I thought the whole point last week was that Nimmel didn't get to hear whether she was alive or not. It was actually somewhat tense and poignant.
    Yes, I have no idea how another snippet of conversation got to Nimmel nor why Mookie would want to ad it after managing to word the scene so well for a change last week.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Orc in the Playground

look at panel 4
    You seem to have mistaken Mookie's terribly drawn furry arms for random hillocks of dirt and rocks. It's ok, I almost made the same mistake myself.
    -Annonymous