New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Is it bad that I read that first sentence in Tommy Wiseau's voice?
    Bwahaha! Now I can't unhear it
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Oh hi God, you're just in time! I've been needing someone to sing praises to me for hours now, would you mind?
    No, Luana is just a priestess. Dominic is God. His priestess. We'll then get the reveal that she was a Travoria ancestor.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    No, Luana is just a priestess. Dominic is God. Of him. Who'll end up becoming a Travoria ancestor.
    I am the prophet Luana Travoria! "Omg! What a TWEEST!"

I fully expect something that stupid next friday when she finally gets around to mentioning her full name.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not unless it's bad that I went back specifically to rewrite a perfectly decent sentence for a terrible reference three people would get.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2012-05-05 at 10:17 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Not unless it's bad that I went back specifically to rewrite a perfectly decent sentence for a terrible reference three people would get.
    I did not get it
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    I did not get it
    The more you know
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

A while back, I had pretty much all the panels for "The House that Drips Blood on Dominic" (starring Dommy Wiseau) picked out in my head. It would have been a grand strip-slay for the ages. Unfortunately, effort is hard, so I'll just let the "Dommy Wiseau" pun stand on its own, and let the rest of you try to not imagine Dominic's dialogue in Tommy's voice. It's not easy.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am the prophet Luana Travoria!
    I am so afraid of this happening. Especially if she need Dominic to "rescue" her because she is too weak to do it herself. If that happens, Mookie will have proved he hasn't learned anything about his flaws in writing.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Quote Originally Posted by elros View Post
    I am so afraid of this happening. Especially if she need Dominic to "rescue" her because she is too weak to do it herself. If that happens, Mookie will have proved he hasn't learned anything about his flaws in writing.
    What I'm afraid of is that Luna is the reincarnation of her. Put on the necklace and whammo, Super Luna.

She would look better than Greg in Spandex though.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

10. - Top - End - #1180

Luna being the Orc Messiah AND the reincarnation of the Luanian Prophet? I think that's too much Sue even for Mookie.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Luna being the Orc Messiah AND the reincarnation of the Luanian Prophet? I think that's too much Sue even for Mookie.
    You just HAD to say this!
    Don't you know that what you said here has the same effect of "at least it can't get any worse"?

And even if not like that, Luna WILL become more Sue. Unless Mookie forget it, there is still the issue of the super-fertile-non-fertile eggs, that will somehow make her the mother of all or something like that.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Plus Luna's the most naturally talented researcher in Quiral and is slated to be the next archmage.

I don't think Mookie's going to do the Luna <-> Luana thing because it's both too out there and too obvious. But we're likely to get something wackier.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Plus Luna's the most naturally talented researcher in Quiral and is slated to be the next archmage.

I don't think Mookie's going to do the Luna <-> Luana thing because it's both too out there and too obvious. But we're likely to get something wackier.
    I thought she already sorta was an archmage? At least now there will be a race between her and nimmel and we can see which is stronger, lunas Sue status that lets her be the best at everything, or the fact that nimmel is a guy. It would probably be closer if they were studying together. Of course then luna would get stuck at some point and nimmel would solve her problem for her, allowing her to be the next archmage while its only because the man helped her.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #1184

If for some reason Mookie decides to go with the reincarnation angle, it'll be so bad it's hilarious, which I think DD has been sorely lacking as of late.

15. - Top - End - #1185

If for some reason Mookie decides to go with the reincarnation angle, it'll be so bad it's hilarious, which I think DD has been sorely lacking as of late.
    We need strips to slay, that poor thread hasnt gotten alot of action lately. :(

16. - Top - End - #1186

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I am the prophet Luana Travoria! "Omg! What a TWEEST!"

I fully expect something that stupid next friday when she finally gets around to mentioning her full name.
    Nowhere near stupid enough. Friday's cliffhanger is going to be Luana saying, "It's so good to finally see you after all these years," as she takes off her cowl and we cut to Dominic looking shocked. Monday's comic reveals that Luana is LUNA FROM THE FUTURE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Nowhere near stupid enough. Friday's cliffhanger is going to be Luana saying, "It's so good to finally see you after all these years," as she takes off her cowl and we cut to Dominic looking shocked. Monday's comic reveals that Luana is LUNA FROM THE FUTURE!
    NO! Its even WORSE! "Oh father! I have waited so long to finally see you! You are just like Momma Luna described!" That way we get the mega confusion of somehow he and luna had a kid, who is from the future, that went back in time, and became the prophet luana, and is communicating with dom in the present to let him know something, and yet wasnt able to do so before because mumble mumble That should buy mookie at least 3 weeks worth of monologue head style comics to fully explain, (and yet not explain anything) with a different cliffhanger each friday as yet another tweest gets explained in a shocking manner.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I swear I read a story like that once when I was a kid. I have absolutely no idea what it was called, but the big climax at the end had the main character going back in time, pretending to be their major religious figure, and ending up actually turning out to BE their major religious figure.

I can't remember if I thought it was stupid or not when I was a kid. But yeah, I'm totally reminded of that.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

19. - Top - End - #1189

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I swear I read a story like that once when I was a kid. I have absolutely no idea what it was called, but the big climax at the end had the main character going back in time, pretending to be their major religious figure, and ending up actually turning out to BE their major religious figure.

I can't remember if I thought it was stupid or not when I was a kid. But yeah, I'm totally reminded of that.
    Something with a similar premise was Let's Go to Golgotha. Time-traveling tourists went back to ~30 AD, and blended into crowds condemning Jesus, but then the main characters realized that the crowds were nothing but time-tourists.

I remember being confused and nonplussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

20. - Top - End - #1190

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    NO! Its even WORSE! "Oh father! I have waited so long to finally see you! You are just like Momma Luna described!"
    Dominic Deegan feat. Chibi-Usa.

Yep, that's a strong contender for worst thing to ever happen.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    And even if not like that, Luna WILL become more Sue. Unless Mookie forget it, there is still the issue of the super-fertile-non-fertile eggs, that will somehow make her the mother of all or something like that.
    Oh man, I had forgotten about the eggs. They're probably going to figure into this somehow. Probably King DJ is after them because of their amazing power.

22. - Top - End - #1192

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Oh man, I had forgotten about the eggs. They're probably going to figure into this somehow. Probably King DJ is after them because of their amazing power.
    How else can King DJ build his army of super clones?

(His previous attempt to rule the world with a clone army failed. It turned out it wasn't a smart move to base the template off Stunt.)

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

How else can King DJ build his army of super clones?

(His previous attempt to rule the world with a clone army failed. It turned out it wasn't a smart move to base the template off Stunt.)
    Worse, he tried to make clones of himself.
    While powerful, it's hard to conquer anything with clones that don't even bother to leave the palace and do anything.
    After three weeks they all died because no one agreed to go out and buy groceries.

24. - Top - End - #1194

GnomeWizardGuy

There Are Four Dominics!
    Seriously, this counting book is messed up (Future Link)

More meaphysical nonsense. At least Luana's being portrayed with more status than Dominic.

Side rant: is anyone else bugged by that particular hand gesture Luana's doing with her right hand (on our left)? It isn't so bad in this case because Luana's all spirital-like, but DD characters do this gesture all the time. Try doing it yourself - it's so unnatural. It's like everyone in DD is constantly making shadow puppets.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

There Are Four Dominics!
    Seriously, this counting book is messed up (Future Link)

More meaphysical nonsense. At least Luana's being portrayed with more status than Dominic.
    Oh man, Mookie just derailed Luana

Remember how she was regarded as the first Seer by some racist jerks? Turns out she was just wandering in the desert when she stumbled upon Ancient Wisdom and then claimed it for herself! Seer my butt
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2012-05-06 at 11:26 PM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

26. - Top - End - #1196

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Oh man, Mookie just derailed Luana

Remember how she was regarded as the first Seer by some racist jerks? Turns out she was just wandering in the desert when she stumbled upon Ancient Wisdom and then claimed it for herself! Seer my butt
    You're a bit too quick to jump. The legend is Luana is the First Seer because she saw a vision of God. This fits: first she was Luana Croft and discovered ancient ruins and learned their secrets, then she became a seer so she could have a squiz at the head honcho upstairs.

And now we're going to get the rest of the week to painfully spell this out.

I'm curious as to whether either of the two, Dom or Luana, will ask the most obvious question: who wrote the message? I'm thinking someone has to, but with DD anything can be ignored.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-05-06 at 11:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1197

And what is with the multiple Dominics? Is Mookie trying to be artsy with the mindscape/whatever the heck this is again? Dominic has never made multiple versions of himself in previous oracle sessions so Mookie is muddling up the consistency of his magic system again. It doesn't even make sense in context, Dom is not scrying several things at once, he is just looking at Luana, all 4/5 of him.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

And what is with the multiple Dominics? Is Mookie trying to be artsy with the mindscape/whatever the heck this is again? Dominic has never made multiple versions of himself in previous oracle sessions so Mookie is muddling up the consistency of his magic system again. It doesn't even make sense in context, Dom is not scrying several things at once, he is just looking at Luana, all 4/5 of him.
    I believe the reason there are all these Dominics is that he's now like the Starstone Bracelet, a chain of interconnected Dominic stones.

Using the impeccable logical theory of Acibecus we can deduce that:

1) Dominic's stones are like stars.
    2) aka, they are soon going to explode in a mighty flash.
    3) Maybe Dominic should have gone through with the Alterist treatment while he had the chance?
    23) Scarecrow Dominics are worth their weight in diamonds.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Worse, he tried to make clones of himself.
    While powerful, it's hard to conquer anything with clones that don't even bother to leave the palace and do anything.
    After three weeks they all died because no one agreed to go out and buy groceries.
    "Destroyed.... by our own complacency... Who could have foreseen such a thing? Certainly not us blind-archmage seers..."

I wonder if Mookie actually thinks anyone cares about DJ Callan. The guy has been a complete non-entity, it's really hard for people to feel threatened by that.

E: Just read the new comic.
    I see Mookie is rapidly trying to cover up the fact his time line makes no sense. Perhaps if he had actually worked out a timeline ahead of time, this wouldn't be so stupid.

Lol, I kind of like this actually. So she's the Prophet Luana, had a vision from god, founds a religion, goes on a pilgrimage, finds ruins, sees a message from an ancient culture that kinda contradicts what she teachs, and dies.

Sounds like a sucky way to go though, all disillusioned with your beliefs.
    Last edited by Myrdhale; 2012-05-07 at 12:54 AM.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks more like an "art" choice than something with an actual meaning.

We're getting talking heads with splash pages.
    This is going to take forever...