New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

C'mon Mookie, throw in a real twist. Make the next comic be them all waking up in Hell.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    Is that-?
    A series of out of place slapstick hijinks!

You bet it is.

And once again everyone knows about the goddamn lost treasure right off the bat. What, the, ****, Mookie. It's seriously like he's not even trying anymore.

I love how Dom tells Luna the Archmages have gone nuts, when he knows categorically that they are being controlled.
    To be fair, Bumper might have recognized it just as an expensive necklace.

Also, since they are talking while running away, it's acceptable to use "crazy" instead of a more specific description of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    C'mon Mookie, throw in a real twist. Make the next comic be them all waking up in Hell.
    I'll settle for "captured by the enemy forces", even if it's inconsistent with the goal of killing everyone.
    Last edited by random11; 2012-05-14 at 02:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why does the archmage have a massive boner?

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Colossus in the Playground

Look at it this way, at least this time its dominic running to luna to save them. Unless he hoped bumper could save the day and luna just happened to be there. Hey, stabbing it worked once, maybe with the old team back they can double stab the mage or something!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Great. More "hilarious" comedy to replace the tension. Wasn't this supposed to be an epic arc about the most powerful creatures in the Universe battling it out? No time for that; gotta throw in more comedy!

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Great. More "hilarious" comedy to replace the tension. Wasn't this supposed to be an epic arc about the most powerful creatures in the Universe battling it out? No time for that; gotta throw in more comedy!
    At this point I'm inured to the odd mix of comedy and drama that DD always tries to achieve. Emphasis on "tries".

7. - Top - End - #1357

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    o_O I cannot unsee :|

Also - play Yakety Sax while watching today's comic. It. Fits. Perfectly.
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-05-14 at 07:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. I didn't expect much when I checked Dominic Deegan for the heck of it, but damn, that's one lazily drawn archmage.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Why did he jump through the freaking roof? With a giant boner? I mean, its not like dom had time to carefully shut and lock the door he and stunt sprinted out, and driving your body through a building to make some sort of entrance seems a bit.... over dramatic.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #1360

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Why did he jump through the freaking roof? With a giant boner? I mean, its not like dom had time to carefully shut and lock the door he and stunt sprinted out, and driving your body through a building to make some sort of entrance seems a bit.... over dramatic.
    Mantis Mage is incredibly strong and tough you see, so he can jump through Dominic's roof like it's nothing at all. Given he's also an archmage, it basically means they're all screwed bar deus ex machina.

Good thing Stunt managed to get out of the vice-like grip he was in on the previous strip. I'm guessing Mookie is leaving it up to our imaginations as to how he did that, so I'll presume that Stunt has a detatchable head.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-05-14 at 07:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Mantis Mage is incredibly strong and tough you see, so he can jump through Dominic's roof like it's nothing at all. Given he's also an archmage, it basically means they're all screwed bar deus ex machina.

Good thing Stunt managed to get out of the vice-like grip he was in on the previous strip. I'm guessing Mookie is leaving it up to our imaginations as to how he did that, so I'll presume that Stunt has a detatchable head.
    Oh please, its obvious! Notice the knife isnt in mantis mages face anymore? Clearly stunt grabbed the blade and yanked it out, the pain distracted mantis mage and made him let go. Either that or stunt followed up with a hand stabbing to make him let go. Makes perfect sense. Or mantis mage hurled stunt instead of snipping off his head like a dandelion and he managed to get back up and start running as soon as dom hobbled his one legged way to his side.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Orc in the Playground

Stunt and Bumper haven't seen each other or spoken in years (I think, time line is foggy). First time the run into each other, the only thing Bumper cares about is the pricey trinket in Stunt's hand.

I though Bumper was supposed to be the likeable one.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

13. - Top - End - #1363

Daemon

So... next week is tenth anniversary? so it's a full year since DuelMasters/Celesto plotline and plot didn't move at all. wow.

14. - Top - End - #1364

GnomeWizardGuy

Stunt and Bumper haven't seen each other or spoken in years (I think, time line is foggy). First time the run into each other, the only thing Bumper cares about is the pricey trinket in Stunt's hand.
    To be fair, it's an insanely pricey trinket.

For some reason the element I find strangest is that Bumper is holding Spark.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Orc in the Playground

To be fair, it's an insanely pricey trinket.

For some reason the element I find strangest is that Bumper is holding Spark.
    I suppose. Maybe it would help if Mookie made it look like it was actually made of something interesting. Star Stones must be very distintive.

Still funny how the rare Treasure of Luana, a Prophet who saw god, is something super valuable. Like if Jesus made sure to drink the wine at the last supper out of a diamond encrusted, solid gold cup worth the entire treasury of Rome.
    -Annonymous

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Orc in the Playground

You know what? I doubt that I'd read a work that featured him, but a villain who charges into battle bloodied and spouting a boner could be incredibly unnerving.

The knife in the face could help, or just push it into absurdity.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose. Maybe it would help if Mookie made it look like it was actually made of something interesting. Star Stones must be very distintive.

Still funny how the rare Treasure of Luana, a Prophet who saw god, is something super valuable. Like if Jesus made sure to drink the wine at the last supper out of a diamond encrusted, solid gold cup worth the entire treasury of Rome.
    That really depends on the story behind the item.

If the necklace is a magical item that existed before Luana became a prophet, and was called "Luana's treasure" only after she used it for something, then it is justified that the item is super expensive.
    Think of Excalibur as an example for this.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Daemon

Hmmmmm... If MantisMage is actually dead and zombie now... there actually IS something like death erection...

19. - Top - End - #1369

I though Bumper was supposed to be the likeable one.
    Be fair, he is holding in his hands what represents a lifelong goal the two of them had. Oh sure they had no idea what it was, so for all bumper knows its a gaudy diamond necklace, but we dont need to pay attention to that. Imagine if your best friend who you hadnt seen in a year came running up to you, only he is holding a mesh bag full of about 50 million dollars. Im pretty sure mentioning that bag would be high up on your list of things to say.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    That really depends on the story behind the item.

If the necklace is a magical item that existed before Luana became a prophet, and was called "Luana's treasure" only after she used it for something, then it is justified that the item is super expensive.
    Think of Excalibur as an example for this.
    I suppose that is possible. If only we had an arc that explained all the mysteries of Luanism so it wasn't all so vague and ill defined! (old joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Be fair, he is holding in his hands what represents a lifelong goal the two of them had. Oh sure they had no idea what it was, so for all bumper knows its a gaudy diamond necklace, but we dont need to pay attention to that. Imagine if your best friend who you hadnt seen in a year came running up to you, only he is holding a mesh bag full of about 50 million dollars. Im pretty sure mentioning that bag would be high up on your list of things to say.
    True. The exchange is still silly though. Why call it the 'lost treasure of Luana', as if bumper would know what that is?

I think Mookie's insistence on making this a slapstick hijinks moment ruins their reuniting. What should be a fairly important moment for some of his characters is rendered dumb because Mookie has no understanding of how to make a story flow.

Why didnt' Bumper go say hi to Stunt when he noticed him? Why is he holding spark? Why are Luna and Bumper on their way to Dom's now, just randomly?
    Last edited by Myrdhale; 2012-05-14 at 10:20 AM.
    -Annonymous

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    Mantismage shares Mookie's love of tubdead, even for himself.

Or maybe males in this universe get erections when they're about to die too, and it's just not as prominent as boob swelling.

They're not. The rich guy thought one was a diamond.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Orc in the Playground

I still can't get over how completely uncatlike the resident cat looks in this strip. I know it's usually bad, but this is worse than usual. =/
    Not a robot

23. - Top - End - #1373

*twitch*

*twitch*

I had not...

Noticed...

That he looks...

Like a furry toddler with spindle-arms.

I'm not okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Orc in the Playground

http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2005-12-29
    =Uncool-

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

Judging from panel 7: Spark has two daddies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    *twitch*

*twitch*

I had not...

Noticed...

That he looks...

I'm not okay.
    What are you talking about that's clearly a cat...

Wait, he has human-like shoulders.
    How is he maintaining that posture?
    Why does Spark's anatomy even look like? That can't be right.
    That's impossible!!

27. - Top - End - #1377

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    *twitch*

*twitch*

I had not...

Noticed...

That he looks...

I'm not okay.
    Is it a little cat who looks like a boy? Or is it a little boy who looks like a cat?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Quote Originally Posted by Veridis Quo View Post
    What are you talking about that's clearly a cat...

Wait, he has human-like shoulders.
    How is he maintaining that posture?
    Why does Spark's anatomy even look like? That can't be right.
    That's impossible!!
    Dont forget that he is apparently part owl as his head has rotated 180 degrees to look directly behind him.

29. - Top - End - #1379

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    At this point I'm inured to the odd mix of comedy and drama that DD always tries to achieve. Emphasis on "tries".
    What Mookie is doing wrong is that his comedy always comes at the cost of the drama. Good webcomics like OOTS roll the humor and drama into one. Things turn out worse than expected, and a joke is made about it. Dominic Deegan does the exact opposite; the joke is always about things turning out better than expected, like the archmage being killed by a single stab from Stunt's knife for instance.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Cat? What Cat? I only see a badly drawn pointy-eared monkey.

and: Hooray! They've been blown up! Everyone, let us celebrate and rejoice, before the next strip comes up, and we find out that they have been completely unharmed!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".