Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind stirred over a merchant town. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

    It is late afternoon, and the sun sits low in the sky, and cannot hold off the chill autumnal breeze that blows through the streets of Katar. The city itself is of a reasonable size, and a sizeable market district is obvious to all, as is the central forum and the precinct of the ruling lords which borders it. There are three inns in the city, one far larger, The Setting Sun, and obviously for travelling merchants and nobility, the other two, The Blue Lily and The Dancing Girl, catering to noticeably lower class clientele.

    The Tower party, Anyanna and Lukas, has just past through the city’s gates, the serpent ring vouching for the quality of the travellers.

    The rest of the adventurers are scattered throughout the city having, by chance or the will of the pattern, arrived at the city on exactly the same day.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "...for a dance, and a kiss 'neath the apple tree."

    Leilanna tapped her foot in time with the rhythm and then applauded as the singer finished up his song. It was only late afternoon so he was really only warming up, ready to entertain the influx of patrons that the Blue Lily would no doubt have when the sun went down, but he deserved the applause just the same.

    Sighing, Leilanna leaned back in her chair and sipped her cider, glad for a cold drink after a long day's travel. [I wonder if I should look for a herbalist or wise-woman tomorrow. A town this large, surely there must be someone local who can...] with a crash Leilanna's chair toppled over backwards, depositing her on the floor.
    Laughing at her own idiocy, Leilanna paused on the floor for a moment, pulling her twin pigtail braids from her face and waving at the slightly concerned looks she received. "My fault, I leaned back too far. I'm fine."
    Smiling a little sheepishly, she climbed back to her feet, setting her chair to rights. "Never take yourself too seriously", that was one thing her Dad had always said.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    After a somewhat arduous journey, Berin has finally made it to Katar. Despite his affinity for nature, having slept in the mud last night has given him all the reason he needs to find a bed in town today...a warm, dry bed to be exact. Pulling his hood over his hood to keep the chill off his ears, Berin looks up and notices that the day is late.

    Having not been here in quite some time, Berin needs to get his bearings, and walking up to a local shop keep, he asks,

    "Good day sir. Might you tell me if the Blue Lily is down this road?"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Holice View Post
    Having not been here in quite some time, Berin needs to get his bearings, and walking up to a local shop keep, he asks,

    "Good day sir. Might you tell me if the Blue Lily is down this road?"
    The man, after looking you up and down and noting your appearance, points vaguely down the street and says gruffly: "Second left".

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Vayl slides off her horse as she enters the city gate. The garrish colors of her skirts stand ill-at-odds with the muted colors of her surroundings. Nervously, she makes her way toward the nearest Inn she sees (serendiptously, The Blue Lily). She normally wouldn't stop in a city so early, but her horse had all but run out of food. She furtively glances behind her, but returns her eyes forward as she nears the Inn.

    "Could you please take my horse to the stables?" she asks quitely in the direction of someone who looks vaguely affiliated with the inn. She holds a silver penny forward.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by tanderson11 View Post
    "Could you please take my horse to the stables?" she asks quitely in the direction of someone who looks vaguely affiliated with the inn. She holds a silver penny forward.
    The man nods and takes the horse, though he eyes you with distrust.

    As you enter the inn you find it is quite neat and quiet, but the slightly battered tables and stains on the floor indicate that it isn't overly prosperous. There is a woman sitting alone [Leilanna] at one table across the room from you and there are three groups of men sitting at tables around the room having a quiet drink before it gets too busy. The innkeeper, taking in your appearance eyes you wearily whilst he washes various pitchers and tankards.

    There is a staircase near the back indicating rooms for the night.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If either Leilanna or Vayl comes within 15 paces of each other you may take DC 15 Weavesight checks to notice the other's ability to channel.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "Thank you very much, and pardon my interruption," Beredin says to the shop keeper.

    He seemed a little sour today, thinks Beredin, but continues down the road as instructed making the second left. Walking up to the Blue Lily, Beredin smiles as its not the worst establishment he's ever stayed at. Shuddering at the thoughts of some previous inns he had the not so good pleasure of sleeping in, he enters the inn and pulls down his hood.

    Walking to the Innkeeper he asks, "Good Day Sir. Might you have a room for the night, and possibly a good warm meal for the evening?"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Vayl makes her way to the counter. [I hope there are some rooms available] she thinks wearily. As she walks forward, she gazes wistfully at the singer, [If only this were the time and place to dance . . .]

    While walking toward the counter, Vayl passes close to Leilianna's table.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Weavesight: (1d20+8)[27]

    I will edit this post with Vayl's reaction.
    EDIT: I succeed the DC 15 Weavesight check to identify that Leilianna can channel.
    For those who saw my double post, the server had some difficulty.

    As she is walking, Vayl quickens her stride noticeably and approachs the Inn Keeper. [It's probably nothing. There was no serpant ring. No warder. She can't be Aes Sedai.] Vayl recites the lines from her favorite songs as she swallows the lump in her throat.
    "Are there any rooms?" Vayl hurriedly says, cutting across Beredin and shoving a handful of silver marks across the table.
    Last edited by tanderson11; 2012-03-21 at 11:59 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Beredin: The Innkeeper puts down the pitcher he is cleaning and seems as though he is about to respond when a flustered looking girl in outrageously bright clothes cuts across him.

    Vayl: He eyes you and taking in your attire seems disapproving.
    "Huh? Yeah, I have some rooms left." He eyes the coins scattered across the table in front of him. "It'll be 6sp for the night. 3sp for dinner. There are two rooms if you need them" He adds looking questioningly at the pair of you.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Taking a step back, to avoid a fall after being shoved aside, Beredin levels himself and mutters, "After you my lady."

    Redirecting his attention back to the Innkeeper, Beredin irks ever so slightly and he quickly informs him, "We are not together, separate rooms would be preferred."

    Eying up the woman who so brazenly cut in front, Beredin notices the pig tails, but why they seem important evades his tired memory at this time.

    Slipping his hand into his pocket, he withdraws the silver and tells the Innkeeper, "I'll have my meal in my room, if its all the same to you."
    Last edited by Holice; 2012-03-21 at 02:03 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Oss meanders into the city and moves through the crowds with purpose. He's grown used to ignoring the stares from the adults and the point children in his travels and here was no different. Standing a good head and shoulders above anyone not mounted or on a cart, he peered ahead for the sign that would announce his destination was near. He had inquired the gate guard about which Inn would most likely have a bed sized for an Ogier and was heading there now. Despite his great size he moved gingerly through the crowd and was careful to avoid bumping in to another pedestrian, his hands going to unconsciously brush some of the road dust from his worn jacket.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Shyne rode quietly through town. He'd had to stop just outside to make sure everything that might identify him was hidden away. He wore the hood of his cloak up, though not pulled forward enough to draw the eye or make him look suspicious. The hood hid his golden braids, but didn't entirely muffle the bells woven into them, nor did his cloak cover the sword hilt jutting out over each shoulder. Any would know him for Arafellin, but his countrymen were plentiful, despite the Dark One's best efforts.

    Most importantly, the scythesword he carried, the trophy he'd never quite managed to cast off, was secured in such a way that it would be difficult to discern what it was, little more than a massive hilt sticking out from his belongings. This far from the Borderlands, it was possible no one would recognize the blade anyway, but it was better to be careful.

    What had drawn him into Katar? To be sure, he was tired of the wilderness, tired of constantly looking over his shoulder and covering his tracks, tired of that light-blasted howling he still heard in his dreams. But why expose himself in this city? Could he hide in the crowd as well as he hoped he had in the foothills of the Mountains of Mist?

    None of these questions had answers for him, and he let them argue themselves out in his mind. What was done was done, and he wasn't going to leave now. Perhaps it was time to find something to eat. His trail rations, while filling, had lost all flavor to his mouth weeks ago.

    Suspicious, he avoided speaking to anyone he didn't have to. Things would go faster if he asked directions, but he was unwilling, so he wandered the streets in logical places until he found an inn. The sign showed a blue flower. Shyne thought it was a lily, but wasn't positive. It was an inn, and that's all that mattered.

    He dismounts and walks Heidonde around to the stable, where a stableboy is brushing down another horse. He leaves the animal and a silver penny in the care of the boy, promising to return for his bags - and looking stern enough to keep idle hands from rummaging through them - then makes his way into the common room.

    Under constant vigil, he takes note of those in the room around him. A woman sitting alone, a few groups of what seemed to be local men, and the strange couple speaking to the innkeeper. Nothing jumped out at him as dangerous, but he didn't let his guard down. He did pull the hood of his cloak back, however. It would only draw attention to himself if he tried to hide his face in a common room.

    Quietly, he approached the innkeeper, standing apart from the other two, waiting his turn to inquire about room and board.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Holice: He nods to you and calls a pair of women over from the bar; one older woman who he asks to direct "this young man to one of the spare rooms, and add another two to the list for supper" and the younger he asks to take Vayl to another room.

    He collects payment from Vayl, assuming she proffers it and then turns to Shyne and asks: "And how may I help you sir? As you can see we have rooms for tonight, or will you just be passing?"

    Indeed It Is
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only inn with an Ogier size bed is the Setting Sun. Located in the middle of the town near the forum.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran arrived at Katar, the dust of his travels thick upon his skin and clothes. Late afternoon, he knew he should find an inn before all the rooms were claimed. Asking a local man, he had earned a look of appraisal and recommendation that he try either the Dancing Girl or the Blue Lily. Glancing at the way most Domani women seemed to dress, he shook his head and chose the later, heading in the direction the man pointed. Leading his horse through the crowds, Luran walked slowly, eyes downcast as he considered his latest dream.

    ... the screams of the wounded and dying filled the air ... huge insect-men riding monsters out of a nightmare fell upon frightened soldiers, slaying them with unfamiliar weapons ... chained women waved their hands, commanding tremendous elemental forces ... a lone girl hid behind a broken wagon, crying ...

    Stumbling into something large, but somewhat giving, Luran began to murmur an apology when he realized he was looking up a mountain of a creature, straight out of the books. Blinking, he stammered for a moment.

    "Uh, p-p-pardon me, s-s-sir ... I d-didn't see y-you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    To heck with that ... I can meet adventurers in an inn any day - how often do you get the opportunity to run into an Ogier?
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "A room, if you please, sir," he responded in a low baritone, "and a meal. I gave my horse to the stableboy, as well, so I'll gladly pay whatever charge there is for stabling and grain."

    His face was blank as the words spilled from it, his eyes kept from their constant search through willpower alone. Such things tended to stick in a man's mind. The bells in his hair did chime somewhat more musically than he cared for at the slightest movement of his head, but he needed to be seen as just your average Arafellin.
    Last edited by ThatQuietGuy; 2012-03-21 at 05:22 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Anyanna smiles over at Lukas as she guides her white horse through the city gate. "And now we're in Arad Doman." For some reason the Tower Guard has seemed somewhat nervous throughout the entire journey from Tar Valon; Anyanna has put this down to him being nervous about his responsibility as her guard, and her status as an Aes Sedai initiate.

    And their mission was important; whatever the message that she carried at her side held, it must be of some import to send an initiate with it - though not enough to merit a full Aes Sedai.

    Anyanna didn't know about Lukas, but she was relishing the freedom of travel. When she had first came to the Tower she had been barely more than a child, and that journey had been one of tears and sadness and terror of the unknown. This time was different, and she breathed more easily to be back in her homeland of Arad Doman. She sat straight in the saddle, holding up her head, and under her her horse Nov'ye decided to live up to her name of dancer and take exaggerated steps, showing off.

    "Ah, it feels so good to be here!" She stopped herself and considered for a moment; her natural exuberance and the dignity expected of an Aes Sedai were always in conflict. "And now we are only a few towns away from our destination."

    She spoke to her companion again. "So what do you think of my homeland?" She stopped short of asking him what he thought of Domani women, knowing that the upbringing of most outlander men caused them to find Domani garb uncomfortable.

    At once she realised that she had forgotten to ask the guards at the gate about the best inn to stay in. She stopped a passer-by and enquired, "Excuse me. Could you direct me to a suitable inn?"
    Last edited by RavenGirl; 2012-03-21 at 06:19 PM.
    In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

    Do What Thou Wilt;

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Looks a bit like this:
    Spoiler
    Show



    Ardent sat in the corner of the blue lily, chatting with some fellow Illianer traveller and eating whatever the inn was serving for dinner today. While mostly using Illianer fashion, including the trademark boots, he had a brocaded vest over a white silk shirt, definately from Ebou Dar, his hat seemed to be unique, black and wide brimmed, with a white feather in it. From Illian, most likely. His dialect was unmistakable, however, impeccable Illianer, as if he came from the layer of society that imitated the king and the council of nine.
    Last edited by Havelock; 2012-03-21 at 06:27 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Shyne: He nods and asks you to wait a few minutes whilst his wife takes care of the others and asks for 12sp. He tries to make idle small talk in the mean while: "So what brings one such as you down here? Most folk been keeping clear of these parts lately, and I daren't say they've got no reason either, what with all the troubles, mind if you heard what half these types say" he gestures at two of the tables "you'd think there were all sorts of shadowspawn roaming the country, and giant creatures in the sky. But you look like a down to earth sort of man, you shouldn't have any trouble here as long as you keep those to yourself." He finished indiacting the two swords on Shyne's back.

    Anyanna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What are you wearing? This will affect whether he directs you to the Blue Lily or Setting Sun- finery of clothes.

    The passerby points ahead and gives you directions.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    A plain cloak tightly over a white dress - her great serpent ring is on a chain around her neck and hidden.
    (Re-reading The Great Hunt again, it's likely they would have had trouble on the road, so she's not obviously a Sedai initiate).
    In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

    Do What Thou Wilt;

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Weavesight check, my comments will depend on the result: (1d20+7)[26]


    Leilanna continued to sip her cider as more travelers arrived for the night, forming a queue at the bar and.. wait.. the tinker woman.. she could Channel, Leilanna was sure of it!
    She didn't appear to be wearing a Great Serpent ring either what luck! Did Tinkers teach their Wilders how to channel? She had no idea, but was eager to find out.

    Firmly taking hold of that elated feeling at potentially finding out more about how others Channel, Leilanna embraced Saidin, feeling that familiar rush of adrenaline that came with the One Power.

    Knowing that the tinker would be able to see the glow about her, Leilanna waited until she was looking and beckoned her over.

    OOC[[What Vayl will see]]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Seated at the table is a lightly tanned, pretty looking woman in a travellign dress with long blonde hair in two braided pigtails. Her blue eyes are currently shining with excitement and she has a bright smile on her face and is surrounded by the glow of Saidar.
    She quickly raises one hand and beckons you over, quite obviously having been waiting for you to turn and look.
    Last edited by Neo_Leviathan; 2012-03-21 at 08:09 PM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Lukas forces himself to return Anyanna's smile for a moment, then turns away, pretending to tend his donkey. Anya seemed a nice enough girl, but she'd likely see him dead---or worse---just as willingly as any Aes Sedai. Living with the White Tower over his head every night had been stressful enough, but at least in Tar Valon he seldom had cause to deal with women of the Tower directly. But now... .

    Anyanna's words shook him from his thoughts."And now we're in Arad Doman. Ah, it feels so good to be here! And now we are only a few towns away from our destination." For an instant, Lukas felt like throwing back his head in laughter. The farther we travel from Tar Valon, the less safe I am. Light.

    "So what do you think of my homeland?"

    There was a pause as Anyanna asked a passerby for directions. "It seems decent enough, though I can't say I've much to compare it to. I've hardly left Tar Valon all my life."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Vayl glances over her shoulder to see Leilanna embrace the True Source, and she whips her head around to the counter. Just as she seems about to drop a handful of marks and charge the stairs, she breaths a heavy sigh. [There is no way I can escape her now that she's seen me. The White Tower can't be so bad.]

    After gathering her composure, Vayl solemly marches to Leilanna's table. Deposits herself upon a seat, and demurely awaits what follows.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Shyne dug the coins from his pouch as the man spoke. The gesture gave his hand something to do and allowed him an excuse to lower his face. It struck Shyne as odd that he hadn't really heard of any of this trouble they were having. Certainly he would have remembered seeing trollocs wandering around or draghkar flying overhead, though admittedly, he had been paying a lot more attention to what was chasing him than what might be before him.

    " I assure you, my swords seek only Shadowspawn blood and aren't wielded otherwise except in defense. I've heard nothing of these rumours, though, nor I have I noticed anything odd during my journey. Do you think there is any truth to what the people are saying?"

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    As the girl walked over to the table, Leilanna reluctantly released Saidar. The rush was life itself, but no need to hold it when not needed.

    Still, the aftereffects caused her to speak in somewhat of an excited rush before she started calming down
    "Hi there! I'm Leilanna, what's your name? You're a Tinker aren't you? Wait, sorry, Tuatha'An. It's been a while since I spoke to one of your people"
    Leilanna then takes a breath and lowers her voice as much as she can in her current state, before and winking
    "I think we have something in common"
    Last edited by Neo_Leviathan; 2012-03-21 at 08:48 PM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Anyanna & Lukas: The directions he gives you are to the Blue Lily.

    Shyne: The bar man seems both assured by your words, and unsettled by your manner and is quite unsure how to continue the conversation: "Aye, well that is good" He says again eyeing the swords, "But no, I don't put stock in the words of some of the folk who comes this way. I put it down to the kings still fighting over Almoth Plain. They've been at it for generations. Long as they keep it away from here I don't mind what they be doing."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Try as he might, even after a full meal, Berin simply could not fall asleep.

    Am I overtired from my journey? Am I nervous about something? Who was that girl at the innkeeper's bar?

    Thoughts raced through his head, and while nothing made sense, it was enough to keep him from sleeping. Putting his boots and overcoat back on, to ensure his hand axe stayed hidden, Berin leaves his room and heads back to the common room.

    Noticing a few new faces, Berin makes his way to a corner table, and beckons the server over. Maybe a pint or two will settle his mind.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    For all that he had only ever known the constant war against the Blight, Shyne could understand this man's desire to keep the conflict far from him. Borderlanders had long grown accustomed to this type of sentiment from those they protected. One of the reasons they protected the southlands was so that people could think thoughts like that one.

    So Shyne nodded in understanding. "May peace continue to find you, sir. Might I bother you for a cup of water to wash the road dust from my throat?" He was thirsty, and he'd left his waterskins with his saddlebags that he'd still need to retrieve when he was given a room. With luck, the stableboy hadn't found anything he shouldn't have.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin: Your drink costs you 1cp and is brought quickly, the girl is another daughter f the landlord and knows better than to give the customers more than peremptory glance.

    Shyne: The innkeeper nods to you and finding his wife has returned from dealing with the earlier customer, asks her to take you to your room.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Anyanna looks back over at Lukas. "Ah, of course. This journey is quite an introduction to the world! It's true that everywhere is less grand than the City of the Tower, but there is much to see and wonder at elsewhere." She glances askance at his donkey and cart. Truly, the pair of them make an odd sight, but there could be nothing less likely to make watching eyes think of an initiate and her guard than that animal and the cart behind it.

    "And don't worry, we'll be back in Tar Valon almost before we know it, and missing the excitement of the road." So far that excitement had mostly been a mixture of fear and saddle-soreness, but Anyanna isn't one to let facts get in the way of positivity.

    She guides her horse gently onwards. "The Blue Lily it is, I suppose." She sighs. No doubt if she had waved her Great Serpent Ring in his face, he would have directed them to the best inn in the city. And perhaps then told tales of "witches", or ran straight to a group of Whitecloaks. It was not a safe time to be a lone initiate far from Tar Valon.

    Her thoughts turn more cheerful. "It will be good to enjoy some Domani hospitality. How I've missed truly good cuisine."

    On arriving at the Blue Lily, Anyanna ensures that her horse and Lukas' donkey are stabled before coming through into the common room and asking the innkeeper for two large plates of food, and fresh water for her. She is looking forward to seeing poor Lukas trying to eat with Domani sursa sticks, though she does leave him to choose his own drink, at least.
    Last edited by RavenGirl; 2012-03-22 at 06:16 PM. Reason: oops, forgot Lukas had a cart
    In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

    Do What Thou Wilt;

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Unable to conceal her confusion, Vayl looks at Leilanna. "Wait, you mean you are not Aes Sedai?" hisses Vayl while at the same time breathing a sigh of relief.

    "And, uh, yes I am Tuatha'an."

    "This common room is getting too cramped for me. Why don't we take this conversation upstairs. Ever since I left the Tinkers, I cannot shake the feeling that someone is following me."

    Vayl doesn't wait for Leilanna to respond and with renewed composure, she returns to the Innkeeper, offers the 6sp and takes the stairs two at a time.

    [What are the odds of meeting another channeler in the Blue Lily of all places. Wanderers are streaming in here from all places, it feels like some momentous coming together of strands - ha - I was always one for the dramatic.]

    After entering her room, Vayl props open the door, takes a quick inspection, and bends to the floor to see if any loose boards offer a crack into the common room.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Vayl is only looking for a keyhole sized space, through which she might cast the weave Eavesdrop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •