New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Døden kommer til deg [OOC]

Jorgen ran down the knoll with the reckless abandon of a dead man, he knew it, it just hadn't dawned on him yet.

Lather foamed at his mouth and blood ran freely from his thigh and arm,
    "I can make it, I can make it..." he breathed hoarsely to the hoar frost on the ground "I can make it, I can make it..." his breath sending plumes of steam into the air.

He collapsed on top of the small hill, unaware of whatever was behind him, or not caring.

"I can make it..." *crunch* he stopped breathing and closed his eyes, maybe it would protect him if he couldn't see it?

*crunch*

"I can..." *crunch*

The cold gets passed his adrenaline and he starts to shiver. slowly he opens one eye and sees two peering back at him. "I can make it..." he says with tears in his eyes.
    You are warriors of your tribe, bought to the chieftain in haste, something has disturbed him and nothing disturbs the venerable Ruthgar.

Spoiler
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    3.5, no magic

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Armor as Damage reduction
    Vitality and wound points

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    These forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Bottom of 6th

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    You may have anything non magical, no exotic armors, no special materials, masterwork is fine.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    {table=head]Allowed classes
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Barbarian
    Bard (d8 HD, full BAB)
    Monk
    Fighter
    Swordsage
    Warblade
    Crusader
    Samurai
    Swashbuckler
    Dragon shaman
    Knight
    Binder (AKA witch)
    Hexblade
    Marshal
    Ninja
    Scout
    [/table]

Homebrew on a request basis. Do not spam requests.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Only human.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    6 x 4d6 or 28 pb
    HP's are rolled (all of them) re roll 1's

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Sorta, choose one to categorize your PC just in case.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    sure, no penalty

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    I'll make some of yours and all of mine, you'll do some of yours.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    • Group initiative.
    • Retroactive skill points
    • max 2 flaws (that are real flaws) or 2 traits (or mix match)
    • Feats are every other level
    • The Big 6 items (items granting enhancement bonuses to ability scores, resistance bonuses to saves, enhancement or deflection or natural armor bonuses to AC, and enhancement bonuses to attack) no longer have those functions. Instead, you gain +1 to each ability score at every even level, which roughly approximates these bonuses while making you more all-around competent. This bonus replaces the standard +1 to one ability every 4 levels.
    • Fractional Saves/BAB

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    TMB

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?hack and slash, we be Vikings!

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    No, if dragon, I need the # and page.

{table=head]Player|Character|Color|Key
    Doxkid|Dominic|Green|D
    Tigerusthegreat|Valan Ironstone|Lime Green|V
    Saidoro|Dalla Bogsveigir|Navy|Da
    Erik Vale|Erich Volschien|Slate Grey|E
    God Imperror|Ander do Vivar Massan al Tsaar|Sandy Brown|An
    Captain_Obvious|Hrolf Bjarki|ROYAL BLUE|H
    Gwendol|Leif|Red|L
    [/table]
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-11-21 at 04:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Døden kommer til deg [OOC]

First off, welcome to the game.

Secondly, please choose a speech color.

Thirdly, looking through the sheets, I'm not sure everyone created their PC's correctly, after rolling your stats, you are adding +3 to all of them. (+1 every 2 levels)

Make sure this is done (or fixed) and please copy pasta your backstory into your sheet (preferably at the bottom)
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-10-15 at 01:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Is Tacitus even still here? He hasn't posted since the second recruitment page, never put up a background and didn't even give his character a name.

Either way: Dalla will speak in Navy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saidoro View Post
    Is Tacitus even still here? He hasn't posted since the second recruitment page, never put up a background and didn't even give his character a name.

Either way: Dalla will speak in Navy.
    Hmm Good point, I'll PM him and see.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Cool By the way I totally forgot to give Ander a random allotment of mundane items (I don't really know why I forgot it) can I still modify the sheet to include it?

Ander will speak in bold sandy brown and if everyone is ok with it might curse in Spanish from time to time.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-10-15 at 03:04 PM.
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"My words acrid and my thoughts filled with acid. Green fits me as it does my brethren, so green shall be mine." Dominic claims Green
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2012-10-15 at 03:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Alan will tale lime which should be diffetent enough from dominic
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, looks like Chambers can't make this one, let me see if I can grab another person from the recruitment page....
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Greetings peons!

I am here and I shall pick ROYAL BLUE

I SHALL LEAD YOU TO, VICTORY!
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-16 at 05:30 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
    Greetings peons!

I am here and I shall pick ROYAL BLUE

I SHALL LEAD YOU TO, VICTORY!
    Welcome!

Now we are just missing Gotham......
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Have you by any chance read Animorphs, Captain?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, yes I have read Animorphs, why do you ask?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'M, ALIVE!

Thanks for choosing me, heres the last edition for my character I think, I might scrounge again.

Character
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    Character
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erich Volschien
    Male Neutral Good Human Fighter (DISCIPLINED), Level 6, Init +4, HP 36/62/36/62, DR 2/-, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus 6
    Masterwork Masterwork Battleaxe (-) 13 (1d8+7, 19-20/*2)
    Masterwork Masterwork Longbow, composite (6) (100) 11 (1d8+7, 19-20/*2)
    Reach, Can strike within 5ft Masterwork Spiked Chain (-) 13 (2d4+7, 20/*2)
    2/- DR Masterwork Chain Shirt, Heavy Wooden Sheild (+2 Armor, +2 Shield, +4 Dex, -1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 22, Dex 19, Con 22, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 13
    Condition None

Discription
    Spoiler
    Show

Elrich stands tall, excesively tall at a grand 2.1 meters, thick with muscles that are braided with scars. His brown hair is bound into two seperate braids reaching just past his shoulders, with the rest pulled tight, he keeps his beared controlled, mostly to prevent the problem of getting food in it though.

Should you meet his Blue eyes, dispite being the colour of the ocean, you will see a steely determination, almost immediately forcing you to look away.

10 Minute Background
    Spoiler
    Show

1. write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character
    a. Unlike most, while Erich feels (to an extent) the beserkers rage that overcomes some, he seeks to control it strongly, and has bound it up almost completely.
    b. Elrich rarely goes on raids anymore, instead being more of a teacher to younger warriors (something that has occured to him before it happens to most, merely being in his late 20’s), however such is his skill that he retains his position and respect.
    c. Elrich is incredibly strong and tough, which along with the cold fury that is his rage and the slight lack that training younger warriors brings on, Elrich has trouble defending himself sometimes, and has taken more knocks than he otherwise should have, which has lead to some pain.
    d. Elrich has an almost single minded determination to any undertaking he participates in, givin his following of the martial arts, he is considered almost to be a martial artist.
    e. It is said that Elrich has never lost an argument, some say because he never argues, others say because when Elrich says something, people listen.
    2. List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game.
    a. Elrich leads a large group (of novices/less experienced warriors) to either:
    i. A Glorious End In Battle.
    ii. A Glorious victory against all odds.
    b. Elrich would like to lead his own raid, before he is suffled off to just a trainer.
    3. List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
    a. Known: Elrich Suffers from the beserkers rage which is steadily building, and fears he may lose control and become a beserker.
    b. Unknown: Part of the reason Elrich is slowly being suffled off to become a trainer dispite his (relative to some of the other trainers) younge age, is due to a dispute between his now dead father, and someone close to the cheif.
    4. Describe three people that are tied to the character though blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
    a. Marcus Venlhom (Friendly): A close friend of the family and a ‘raider cheif’, who has been seeking to give Elrich as many raids before he is suffled of to a ‘mere’ trainer, and knows who it is that is slowly suffling Elrich off. Marcus speeks in Elrich’s good steed, and knows who the person is, but refuses to speak to Elrich about it, knowing about what happened to cause the emnity.
    b. Algorn Venko (Friendly): A student of Elrich, and a feirce radair. While never being able to stick to Elrich slightly more disciplined style he has become a consumate weapon master, skilled with using a rather large axe either one or two handed. Algorn went on his first raid with Elrich, and the two have even fought back to back, forging a close frienship.
    c. Oran Mask (Hostile): A military captain, Oran is a great leader, one thoughroly shamed by Elrich in single combat, severely wounded, marked with scars and stripped of arms and armour. Having survived Oran seeks revenge on Elrich, for the shame he has caused, and to regain his prestige, and perhaps some of his following.
    5. Three memories that your character has.
    a. Elrich remembers his fathers funeral strongly, he was a great captain, a leader of men, the captain of many glorious raids, brought low by a simple quarall from a peasent. The pyre of his memory was large, with much morning.
    b. The blade came around, swatting away the captains blade, this was his opening.
    “Hiegh!”
    Elrich’s chain slammed into the side of the captains leg, biting deep and pulling him down, ripping flesh and it came back up.
    He had done it, he brought down the captain.
    ---
    After the battle was done, Elrich cut into the captain with his knife, two cuts along each cheek, and one along the forehead, and one last on the chest. Each were shallow compared to the blow that felled him, but they would leave scars.
    “You failed captain, and now your land is forefeit. We will feast here tonight before we continue, my captain has told me, and so I give to you, one days grace.”
    c. Elrich held his first training session with a youngster vivid, disrupting patterns while allowing some blows to almost get past, he really was to good.
    And then he was bowled over, kicking he was up on his feat, twirling and preventing the youngster from taking advantage.
    It really was true, the inexperienced were some of the worst opponents, their predictability was only in small bursts.

Navy has been taken has it, well then, I shall talk with the discipline of Slate, Grey Slate.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    I'M, ALIVE!

Thanks for choosing me, heres the last edition for my character I think, I might scrounge again.

Character

Navy has been taken has it, well then, I shall talk with the discipline of Slate, Grey Slate.
    Alright, finnally have a full group, IC will be worked on sometime today/tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Just me seeing your character's name and, having only taken a quick glance at it, thinking it said 'Hork-Bajir' instead of 'Hrolf Bjarki'.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2012-10-17 at 06:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

I added quite a lot of stuff to the list of items... it is the first time that I use such a strong bard so he can probably carry a lot of weight.
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

IC is up. Text for the FORUM GODS!
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

18. - Top - End - #18

Goblin

Dalla's rolls don't include any bonuses from Hrolf's auras because I don't know if she's within 60 ft of him. Also, Captain Obvious, you may want to include a list of bonuses he is currently supplying in your IC posts, especially since you don't seem to list which auras he's using on your sheet.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Dalla's rolls don't include any bonuses from Hrolf's auras because I don't know if she's within 60 ft of him. Also, Captain Obvious, you may want to include a list of bonuses he is currently supplying in your IC posts, especially since you don't seem to list which auras he's using on your sheet.
    Yes, this is a great point, lets make a concerted effort to put as much info in those spoilers, so im not scratching my head when i look at them. List bonuses and stuff like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

He's not supplying anything, for now.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Goblin

Has anyone PMed Erik Vale yet?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Just realized that with low ac to begin with, stances that cost penalties to ac might be a bad call

23. - Top - End - #23

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Just realized that with low ac to begin with, stances that cost penalties to ac might be a bad call
    I wouldn't worry about it, vitality points heal quite a bit faster than hit points. And Dalla will be willing to patch you up provided you're willing to fail your sense motive check when she claims to just be good with a healing kit .

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

I wouldn't worry about it, vitality points heal quite a bit faster than hit points. And Dalla will be willing to patch you up provided you're willing to fail your sense motive check when she claims to just be good with a healing kit .
    Can you heal death by decapitation?

Seriously, though...shortest character life I've ever had >_<

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

ah I wouldn't say that quite yet.

And seriously, you are the one who ran up to an unknown monster
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

erm...
    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    The monsters second claw strikes true and swiftly, within inches of tearing Valan's head clean off!

I think you have a bit more time left, matey
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2012-10-21 at 10:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    ah I wouldn't say that quite yet.

And seriously, you are the one who ran up to an unknown monster
    Isn't that the Viking thing to do?

And was I saved by DM intervention or a DM flubbup?
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2012-10-21 at 10:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

This is true, you know you're not dead right?

DR 2 while taking 12, 16, 17, 5 gives you a total of 42 damage from your 71 vitality points. (and thats not even touching your WP's)

Just sayin, might want to edit your last post.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-10-21 at 10:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Naa. Pretty sure they would torment Englishmen first.

And was I saved by DM intervention or a DM flubbup?
    You misread, so neither.

"Within inches of taking his head off" vs "took his head clean off"; you saw the secon when he wrote the first. Basically, what he wrote means "you were hit hard" because of the critical hit.
    ----
    Somehow I split my posts. No idea what happened there.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2012-10-21 at 10:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Goblin

Dunno, do you think we can gain 6 levels in a week?

And I thought critical hits didn't do extra damage under the vitality and wounds system, they just go straight to wound points instead of vitality points.

EDIT: Side note, I'm using Rollv for attacks and Roll for damage because it makes finding crits easier. Just in case you were confused by the notation.
    Last edited by Saidoro; 2012-10-21 at 11:33 PM.