Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The woman in red shows no fear as you attach the collar to her neck. Weirdly you feel some sort of fuzziness at the edge of your mind, like someone buzzing against your ear. Focussing you can identify a little bubble of thoughts, one that radiates loathing and a certain guardedness, but on inspection it changes to fear and shock.

    The woman's expression gives nothing away for a few seconds, and then she opens and closes her mouth, unable to articulate the terror and surprise that is written plain upon her face.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Rather shocked herself, Leilanna, cautiously begins to mentally explore the new sensations in her mind. "This is.. odd. Very odd. Is that... her? This must be something of the Power, but the knowledge of how to make such things is lost, and I've never heard of anything like this... wait... yes I have.. the Warders. Supposedly they and their Aes Sedai could 'feel' each other, know if the other was in danger and such. What if.. what if that could be made one way, and then put into a leash? You'd certainly always know what your 'pet' was feeling, if they were going to escape or something. But.. knowing what was to come wouldn't help you if they decided to tie you up with the Power. Could this.. inhibit.. that somehow as well? Maybe the person collared is shielded unless the bracelet holder lets them Channel? Add in a way to stop the collared girl from removing it and you've got a very effective way to control a Channeler, Saidar can be.. addictive.. after all.

    Trying not to let any of her thoughts show on her face, Leilanna kneels down next to the woman in red, brushing her hand along the collar (careful not to touch the clasp). "It's very pretty isn't it? You almost act as though you don't want to be wearing it. Tell me, what are you afraid that I'll do?"
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The woman stays mute for another half a minute, obviously aware that something has happened she didn't expect.
    Then she starts screaming. She jumps at you trying to tear at your hair whilst bawling: "Take it off, take it off now!"

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Startled, Leilanna tries to jump backwards out of the woman's way before stepping to the side and giving a sharp tug on the leash, hoping to literally pull her up short. "Do that again and you'll be sorry, after what you've done to this girl I have no compunctions about beating you senseless"
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Neither Luran's outburst or Leilanna's dabbling with the items of these foreigners comfort Berin.

    Looking intensely at the surrounding area, Berin speaks to the group.

    "I feel as though this soldier has told us everything he knows, and this woman in red is either mad or too stressed out to be of any reliable intel at this time. Either way, we really need to get moving if we are going to either make it to an inn, or find a secure place to shelter for the night."

    Looking from the guard to the kneeling girl to the woman in red, "What are we going to do with these people. Clearly they did not sail a ship to this land on their own, so there must be more, and can we risk having them alert reinforcements?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The woman's attack is halted and she coughs once or twice massaging her neck whilst she stares at you, a simmering ball of malevolence and fear.
    The soldier and the woman in grey, alerted to this change of events are now staring at the other woman with a great deal of confusion, though both attempt to hide it.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "Well, she's certainly not happy with the situation"

    Leaning down towards the woman in grey, Leilanna tried to speak low enough for the other woman not to hear, or at least for her not to hear everything. "It seems that she should be leashed as well. What did she used to do to you? Apparently it should be done to her..."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry Berin, Leilanna is a little caught up in strange Power-related things that shouldn't be possible, he'll need to be more direct if he wants to get her attention :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Seeing his comments go unnoticed, Berin walks directly up to Leilanna. Placing his hand on her shoulder, "Leilanna, I realize this must all be very interesting to you, but this place Is NOT safe."

    Removing his hand, he steps back and looks at the so-called prisoners, "We have to decided what to do with these people, and we should determine quickly."
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran shook his head. "If we're traveling the ladies, I'm not sure any place is safe. Unless you can hide your ability?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Anyanna shakes her head at Luran's suggestion. "If we were not to channel then others would be unable to detect us, true. But should we come within close proximity is likely they would know us for channellers immediately."

    The woman in grey stammers and stutters, but nothing intelligible comes out at first. Then she manages: "B-b-but she is Sul'dam, they hold the leash, they are not affected by the a'dam."

    The soldier once again begs to be released; he cannot understand how the Sul'dam could be leashed, but he wants nothing further to be done with women who can channel.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Shaking her head, Leilanna stepped back from the two woman and turned to her companions, pitching her voice low so that the prisoners cannot hear. "Anyanna is right, at a distance we can only be detected if we Channel, but from close range we can sense the ability to channel regardless of if it's being used. As to what to do with them all.. honestly, I do not know. Yes they are a danger if released but they have surrendered, we can't just..." It's obvious that Leilanna can't even bring herself to say it.
    "Plus.. I think we need to find out more about who they are, where they are from. Perhaps.. the young soldier seems happy to talk, maybe we could take him along with us, and question him as we go? As a storyteller I really can't let an opportunity like this pass me by. As for the other two.. I just don't know."

    If there is a pause for deliberation (ie, Al'Lan replies before another party member :) ) Leilanna will step back towards the women and address the one in red, leaning in close to her "If you want me to take this off you, first you will tell me how it works, what it does, and how you got it. I have no wish to hold someone indefinitely against their will, but you will tell me what I want to know before you are released."
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran muttered under his breath, "I wonder if they would have been so kind to us ..." This was twice the group had found themselves in the unenviable position of deciding the fate of those who had surrendered. Glancing at his own nasty wound and the burns he and Berin had suffered and then back at the soldier, he shook his head at the irony of it all, sighing. The moral high ground can be lonely ...

    Moving over to strip away the armor and weapons, he wondered what they should do with these people. They were two days out from town and uncertain how far the next town was. If they ran into more of these Seachan(?), would prisoners help or hinder? Who was going to feed them and care for them? Besides, if they let them go, what happens when they run back and tell their people there are ladies with the power running around?

    Pausing for a moment, Luran motioned for the others to gather a bit. "Hey, there's something weird about this chain, right? Normally the bossy one tells the other one what to do, right? But now, she's surprised cuz it works on her. What if you give the mousey one the leash and leave her in charge? I'm betting they won't be headed back anytime soon and we might buy some time to get to Falme ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    We're two days out, but how far until the next village?
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for keep giving you hostages, but unfortunately with tying up in air being such a common practice for channellers this is a by product. Plus you needed to learn about them sometime

    There is a small village (only a couple of houses) one day's journey away, but there are no inns until Falme: Almoth plain is a bit too dangerous to try and make a living in. Generally lots of farms, though there are some larger villages and even a small town to the North of the Plain, nearer to Bandar Eban.


    The soldier seems mortified by your suggestion to take him along with you and begins to beg again: "Please let me go, please, I won't report you. Please I just want to live."

    The girl in grey, the Damane, is still in obvious shock, but on Luran's suggestion starts to recite her mantra once more: "I am damane and must be leashed."

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna looks a little taken aback at the suggestion of leaving the leash with the women. "I'm sorry Luran, but we can't leave the leash with them, this seems to be some kind of ter'angreal and therefore far too valuable to leave behind."

    Turning back to the woman in red, Leilanna finally makes her demand known. "If you want me to take this off you, first you will tell me how it works, what it does, and how you got it. I have no wish to hold someone indefinitely against their will, but you will tell me what I want to know before you are released."
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "Please-PLease take it off," she begged again, her imposing demeanour shattered by this change of events. "It-It is an a'dam, like you said, a ter'angreal. It stops marath'damane channeling. It is how we control the damane." After a pause she adds: "All damane are fitted with one, and the sul'dam wear the bracelets."

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna paused in thought for a moment before replying. "I told you you would not be freed until you told me everything that this device, this "a'dam" can do. What are you not telling me?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'd assume between Leilanna's +9 sense motive and the a'dam, she can work out that there's something the woman isn't saying (I think the a'dam gives you an indication when the person is being deceitful?).
    If not, it's pretty standard practice to assume that someone in this situation is holding back information :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    That makes sense. The a'dam would tell you she was holding things back if she wasn't so overwhelmed by other emotions.


    "I told you, it is a ter'angreal, that's all I know, it shouldn't work on non-channellers. Please, please..." Seeing your implacable glance she quails, and then continues: "It can control a woman who can channel, force her, and control her abilities. A sul'dam must hold the leash else the damane cannot move far from the spot she occupied. Please, I am not damane, take it off."

    You begin to sense that this desperation is in fact composed partly of true terror, and that she believes she has told you all she knows.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you think there is something she should know that I've forgotten just tell me.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-07-20 at 08:02 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC The main bit I'm trying to get out of her is the whole 'making the leashed person feel as though X is happening to them' thing :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    With his uneasy feeling not subsiding, Berin looks around nervously.

    I am sorry friends, but I can not wait here any longer. We are standing out in the open, and who knows how many others there may be.

    With that, his eyes open up a little, and he whispers, "They would know".

    Storming over to the soldier, Berin demands, "How many more of you are there? And where is your camp?", and for good measure, Berin removes his hand axe from its strap, in an effort to get the right answer, the first time.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that's a subtlety that you'd discover rather than be told. She's said it is used to control them, so I think you'd have to work it out from that.


    The man baulks at the implied violence and quickly stammers out a response: "There's no one else, the horses are just on the other side of the hill, just over there."

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Staring intently at the man, "No one else? Surely you would not have me believe that you, these two women, and your dead comrades sailed here alone."

    Moving closer to the man, with an intense stare, "Perhaps I was not clear in what I was asking. Where is the ship that brought you here? Where is the crew? Were there any other soldiers or women like those?," as Berin points to the channeler and the woman in red, "And how exactly did you plan on making it back to your ship had you actually caught a channeler in this land without being noticed?"

    Leaning back from the soldier, Berin realized that he had been gripping the haft of his axe so tight that his hand was turning red. Loosening his grip, he gave it a good twirl, both to relax the muscles and to show the soldier that he knows how to use it.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "We are only part of the Hailene, the ah, Forerunners. We have returned from across the sea. The army is already in Falme. B-but i won't go back to them, I won't tell them about you, I promise."

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Looking up sharply, Luran glanced at the group, then back at the prisoners. "Falme is a long way off ... why are you ranging out so far from the main army? Scouts for the invasion?" The woodsman realizes they won't be leaving anytime soon, not until Leilanna gets her answers ... but at some point they need to start warning people about this threat.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "We were requisitioned by the Sul'dam. They came to capture the marath'damane. We weren't told much more, but a messenger raken returned to our forward camp yesterday."

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna looked thoughtful as she mentally sifted through what the Sul'dam had told her. The bundle of emotions in her head told her that the woman thought she'd revealed everything, but Leilanna still had no real idea how the device could be used to control a woman's channeling.
    "Control.. I wonder..."

    Experimentally Leilanna tried leaning on the bundle of emotions in her head, trying to make the woman more talkative.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna instantly notice a reaction as the knot of emotions squirms, but as you see an expression of panic flit across the woman's face you feel an almost instinctive reaction: this small ball of emotions begins to pulsate, releasing waves of fear. Leilanna can feel this attempt, but somehow the emotions still remain secluded within their own space, and don't affect Leilanna at all.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "Odd. Fear of what I'm doing, or fear of what it means to her?..."

    Not being in the habit of making people fearful, let alone *feeling* the other person getting fearful, Leilanna will try and smooth away, or remove, those tendrils of fear.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna reaches towards the other woman's mind, and after struggling at first with these abstract concepts, begins to get more of a sense of the link. She finds she cannot remove the tendrils, since they seem almost tangible, and Leilanna's own mind cannot move into the other's, yet in her curiosity, Leilanna finds that her own emotions leak across. Her powerful resolution and concern pulse far stronger than the sul'dam's emotions, which are blown away and replaced.

    To the others it seems the woman undergoes a transformation, as she stops shaking or panicking, and instead seems to regain composure.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran grunted as he realized the flying beast must be this raken. Shaking his head, it became apparent that their actions a couple of days ago had brought this response from an invasion advance force. Who knew what kind of trouble would be in Falme? Or if Lizbet was safe or not?

    Glancing back to the women, he watched in confusion as Leilanna and the now-leashed woman seemed to be having a ... moment.

    "Okay, so what now? Are we keeping prisoners, or setting them free? Moving onward, or heading back? I for one will see this through ... until I find my sister."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Looking out at the horizon, Berin notices the sun is going down, and it will be dark soon.

    With a exasperated huff, "Well it seems as if we have tarried here for far too long. It is not safe to travel these lands at night, especially when we know there are people hunting us now."

    Looking towards the forested area, "I will search for a suitable place to camp for the evening. At this point, I suggest we bring them all with us and guard them throughout the night and decide in the morning whether or not to release them."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Searching for a secure, hidden and dry place to camp.

    Search (1d20+8)[16]
    Wilderness Lore (1d20+7)[17]

    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •