Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Your words only seem to scare the boy more, but he manages to control himself, and nods once, then again more firmly. "Ok. I'll come with you, just let me get some things." He disappears into the house, and after a few seconds you here his feet pounding on the rickety staircase.

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Lukas releases the weave and walks over to Luran and Berin---who seemed to have been watching---to tell them a censored version of what happened: That the young man had noticed Lukas after he'd questioned the mother for information, and that he'd decided to join them for a time.

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Anyanna raises an eyebrow at that, aware of the two women with them already, who had remained behaved at the moment, hidden as they were at the back of the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    In future I'm going to need some instructions as to what you do with the damane (since she's wearing the a'dam, which now most of the people you meet will recognise)

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Since Anyanna is being DMPCed I figure the easy assumption is that Anyanna stays back from the group when we go to meet people so that she's either not in sight, or far enough back to be a bit inconspicuous.
    She stays with the Damane & Sul'Dam, and if anyone comes near them can move to hold her hand behind the Damane's back so the leash isn't quite as visible.

    I also think putting the Damane into a dress with a high collar to conceal the a'dam around her neck (at cursory inspection at least) is a good plan.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it would be something like that, just wanted to know your preferences.

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    As Lukas returned to the group, with a boy following him, Berin raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

    Listening to Lukas's idea, Berin instantly replied, "Absolutely not!"

    "You know the troubles that face us a head, we can not be traveling with a child. It is not safe for him, and it would put us in jeopardy having to look out for this boy."

    Looking at the other members of his party for agreement, he asks openly, "Does anyone else agree with me on this?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna nodded to Berin and spoke, her voice apologetic. "Lukas, I'm sorry, but how can we take this boy along with us? You know where we go, what we are likely to face, and everything else" Leilanna silently motions towards where Anyanna and the two Seanchan women are, hoping the boy doesn't notice. "It would simply be too dangerous, both for him and for everyone else. Plus, how would his parents feel if he were to run off with us?"
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Gazing at the lad, Luran shook his head. "I wouldn't say he's a child, but the road will be dangerous."

    He spoke directly to the young man. "Why do you want to go with us? There's plenty of work here for you to take care of ... your mother, the village ... what's so important that you need to leave now?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The boy glances anxiously towards Lukas, before muttering: "It's dangerous here as well, I need to get away."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive checks (DC 10 to know something is up, the more you beat it the more certain you are and the more you guess-though no 'guessing' he's a potentially-crazed male channeller... )

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran snorts, focusing on the boy's clear lack of responsibility (and completely missing any subterfuge). "Is that so? Well mighty nice of you to leave your mother to it ... alone. I have half a mind to tan your hide for being that selfish."

    Glancing at the others, he shook his head. "I've got no use for that ... if he's worried about danger here, he'll probably run at the first sign of trouble on the road."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The boy is taken aback by your plain disrespect, but after paying more attention to you he pauses and mutters (almost inaudibly): "I dreamed you last night!"

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna cocked her head and looked at the lad, trying to work out *why* he was so eager to leave. About to speak when he started blurting about dreams, she opted to remain silent, wondering what response this will elicit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense motive roll: (1d20+9)[15]
    Last edited by Neo_Leviathan; 2012-08-21 at 07:31 PM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Puzzled by the boy's response, Berin cocked his head a bit.

    "Dreamed of who last night? Him?" while pointing at Luran, "Or all of us?"

    This is an odd predicament either way, and while a week ago this would seem exceptionally odd to me, the recent past events have me thinking that anything can happen.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran shook his head. "So that makes it okay to travel with us? I still vote no. Stay and help your mother, kid."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it would take a genius to figure out Luran is uncomfortable ... But for the sake of our resident Sherlock Holmes' (who appear to be suddenly caught up in this boys muttered statement and waiting for confirmation/denial), I suppose I'll provide a Bluff check. That way the group can REALLY work thru some trust issues.

    (1d20)[19]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    He glances between your group, looking between Luran and Lukas, a pensive expression obvious on his face. "But he said I should come," the boy said, indicating Lukas and obviously unsure who had authority, "I need him to protect me."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trust issues shouldn't be in short supply what with the pair of male channellers...
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-08-22 at 01:02 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran just stared between the boy and Lukas, wondering what he needed protection from ... and what game Lukas was playing.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "Listen. His village was overrun by these 'Seanchan' invaders; all his friends---all able men---dragged away to the Light knows what. Women chained up like we've already seen, made to be worse than slaves. And after all that, you flaming wonder why we should let him come with us? Blood and ashes, you're only here because of a dream and a whim; and it seems that he has that and more.

    "Now, I can't say I know what we'll find when we move coastward. Maybe just a minor group making headway into the nationless Almoth Plain, small enough to be easily dealt with by Tarabon or the Domani. Maybe force of arms strong enough to make the Aiel War seem a fond memory. Strong enough that these people---his people---may need to be told they need to leave now, permanently, before they lose what little they have left. Either way, this is his right."



    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check? I don't think I'm lying, though, just using an alternative truth.


    Turning towards whom he still considered the leader of the group, Lukas says,"Anyanna?"
    Last edited by Tylerb7; 2012-08-22 at 04:10 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran shakes his head. "My sister was headed this way ... I have more than just a dream or whim. I have family. His is here, and yet he's leaving that behind ... to face all those horrors you named. I don't know what you promised him, but if he comes, hopefully you'll be more inclined to act when there's danger than you were before."

    As the man turned to Anayanna, he grumbled and wandered over to the horses, muttering, "Do whatever you want ..."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The boy cringes, caught in between this tirade. He stays mute though, and when both parties seem to appeal towards Anyanna turns to her as well.
    She pauses, obviously unsure and slightly bemused by this talk of dreams (and still trying to conceal the bracelet on her hand). In order to move the attention away from her, she hurriedly decides: "He should come with us. Lukas has been my protector and he seems up to the task." The look she throws towards Luran is apologetic: she is yet to learnt he fine art of diplomacy or Aes Sedai imperiousness.

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran glowers for a moment, then he turns takes a deep breath and releases it. After a moment, he turned back, his face relaxed. "If that is the answer, so be it. No use crying that the ledger is messy ... best to clean up the ink and start anew. When do we leave?"

    Luran figures that harboring resentment isn't going to do anyone any good, so it's best to just press on and make the best of a delicate situation.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's hoping the kid isn't crazy!

    (Here's hoping I'm not crazy.)

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna frowns slightly at the verdict, and then chuckles "Dad, you're never going to believe my story"

    Decision made and seeing no need to complain about it, Leilanna smiles at the boy "So my young friend, it would seem that the pattern has added yet more people to our ecclectic group. Tell me, why would it have brought you with us? Do you have any special skills? A prodigy with a bow perhaps? Or a natural with the sword? Perhaps you're as silver tongued as a diplomat or can sing like a Gleeman? Or maybe you're descended from a King and an unknown Heir to forgotten land? Does the Old Blood flow strongly through you, casting your mind back to times long past?"

    She turns and gives a mischievous look at Lukas "Or perhaps the pattern simply things we need a 'striaght man' on this voyage of fools."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Incidentally, let me know if you think Leilanna is getting too.. fourth-wall-breaky or genre-savvy.
    Given the whole "The pattern clearly wills this" theme of the WoT books and the fact that she's a gleeman's daughter, Leilanna will definitely be discharging tension by implying that the Pattern is pulling them into a story. But if it starts getting too immersion-breaking, just let me know.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    To Leilanna the boy looks nervous as he mutters: "I guess I can fight a bit" but Luran takes this as a young boy's statement of fact.

    Anyanna suggests you get moving: "There is nothing here it seems, so I suggest we move on, we still have a good half day's ride at the least before we need to camp again."

    With that the party sets off, the boy unsteady on a borrowed horse (obviously unaccomsted to riding such a large beast). You make good progress, settig out once more into the rolling countryside of Almoth plain, and after about an hour, when he thinks no one notices the boy rides over to Luran, and trying to be quiet, says: "Hi, my name's Kannet. I was wondering, um, can you do what I can do as well?"

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran glances over, eyebrows raised. "What do you mean? Are you talking about your dream? I ... dream things from time to time."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Still confused about why we accepted a child when we know the danger ahead, Berin went along with it all.

    Besides he was more concerned at this moment with getting accustomed to his new mount and hoping his mount became the same. This stallion was a most grey with white washed in at its back. He named him Mist, as it reminded him of the mist on the river near his home with the water crashing over the rocks.

    Keeping his bow at the ready, he let loose a few arrows while on horseback, aiming at nothing in particular, but noticing that indeed this horse was trained for war, now Berin just needed to practice, so he too could be trained for war.

    With a calm journey thus far, there was very little talking, but the peace was welcomed.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Kannet paused, then said: "I didn't know that was part of it, not from the rumours. So is that all you can do?"

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran frowned for a moment, then turned to look at the boy closely. "I don't know ... what all can you do?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Kannet gives Luran an odd look, one that shows he wants to say something, but is also holding it back. "Well, like I said I can fight, even if I don't look like it." He tries to sidle away from Luran, prepared to slip in with anyone who offers him even a kind look.

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Relieved to see Kannet break away from Luran, Lukas steers his donkey-and-cart toward the former. He reaches out a hand to pat the boy reassuringly on his shoulder and says, "I think I'll give you a lesson with the sword tonight. But for now, know this: never let your guard down." Lukas seizes as much of saidin as he can to make his true meaning clear.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Assume when we stop that I will take the kid away a bit, weave a ward against eavesdropping, and teach him as much as I can about the Power itself (without releasing the weave, of course).

    I'm not sure how much my character ought to know, though. He's channeled for a few years and isn't dead, and he's lived in Tar Valon all his life, and he's put ranks into the appropriate Knowledge skill (meant to be understood as him beginning to study channeling and channeling traditions, for obvious reasons).

    Presumably he should know all the basics about Aes Sedai (Novice-->Accepted-->Aes Sedai; the Ajahs; Warders; the Oaths; et cetera), most channeling basics (five powers, men and women generally stronger in different ones). But should he know what a circle is, or what ratios of male to females make one work? Or, since he was exposed solely to female channelers, any of the many differences men have when it comes to channeling, such as when it comes to determining power?

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran watched the boy ride away, somewhat relieved to not be under his scrutiny ... but also curious as to what the boy was not saying. Did the lad have more control over his dreams that he was saying? Was there something else he could do? And why did Lukas care in the first place?

    Curiouser and curiouser ...
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •