Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm, interesting question. Well as I don't think the most Aes Sedai would know those answers about Linking it's unlikely he'll know much, especially as even female only linking is not taught to novices or accepted. So he will know of linking, but not it's restrictions for men, and he will not know that men are stronger in the Power (as this is something that Aes Sedai would not want to reveal, plus not all of them know). He will know all about Aes Sedai hierarchy and Ajahs, as well as strengths in different powers.


    Kannet nods to Lukas and seizes Saidin, though not much of it.

    All:
    If none of you have any more to say to the boy before you stop, then you continue riding and the day is generally uneventful, if not peaceful.
    As evening draws on, Berin notices a low mount (about 4' x 4') which is overshadowed by two hills rolling away from it. As you stop, Leilanna smells a salty tang to the air and realises from her travels/father's stories that they must be ear the sea.

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Odd, I thought Linking was taught during training, probably not until Accepted, but at least before becoming a full Sister. I could well be wrong though.


    Leilanna takes a deep breath of the briny air and smiles "Smell that? We're near the sea. Cleanest smell in the world I think. At least until you get to the docks, that's a whole other situation"

    She then glances at the sky, noting the light starting to fade. "And I guess we should find somewhere to camp..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Leilanna's plans for the evening involve swapping some more weaves with Anyanna, using her Sense Weather weave to keep tabs on the weather, and if Lukas pulls the boy aside for "Sword practice", she'll use the time to experiment with, and confer with Anyanna over, the A'Dam.
    Happy to RP through it all or timeskip it as everyone else prefers.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran started to look for a camp at Leilanna's words. Best to get to sleep and put this day behind them. Then, glancing at the women, he remembered something.

    "Uh, ladies, I have a question. Are you going to be doing your ... stuff," he waggled his fingers, "this evening? I think I remember the Seanchan saying that's how they found us before. If we're closer to the invasion group, we should probably set up a guard shift and limit your interaction with your, uh, stuff."

    While his finish was lame, his points were probably valid ...
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well Nyn, doesn't know it when the Salidar sisters all link together when they are under attack. And Egwene has to teach it to a bunch of novices and to Nicola (who was maybe an accepted at the time). Thats what made me think that, I could be wrong though.


    Anyanna nods at Luran's words, but glancing again at their two captives replies that she is not terribly concerned.

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Shrugging, he walked of muttering, "If those two get us in trouble again ...

    As the group neared the mound, Luran would help Berin check the site out and look for food.
    Spoiler
    Show
    W. Lore: (1d20+7)[11]
    Spot: (1d20+7)[19]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[25]
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The place seems secure: you detect nothing but the whickering of your own horses and the quiet chatter of your party.

    The mound seems unnatural to you: too circular and and too perfect, not to mention how out of place it seems, yet you can't detect any seems or obvious disturbances in the earth and grass.


    Kannet, trying to strike up conversation says to Leilanna, "I've never seen the ocean. My ma always said it was dangerous, and travelling cross the Plain was dangerous."

    Anyanna begins to show a few more weaves of hers, this time careful weaves of spirit. She shows you the first by placing a gentle tracery of spirit, laced with thin flows of air and fire, around the camp then explains to you that this one will reveal the presence of shadowspawn crossing it. However, some shadowspawn can sense the One Power, so you shouldn't make it too strong in case." The next she shows you is far simpler, just a weave of Air, Water and Spirit that when fashioned together holds all sound within.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You learn Ward against Shadowspawn and Circle of Silence.


    ***Important***
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will be away from the 29th August to 6th September, so no posting then. But I still have a few days, so keep posting and we'll see how far we can get before then . Thank you for your continued attentions.

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Re: ***Important***
    Spoiler
    Show

    No worries. Fingers crossed we're at a point where we can just keep ICing at each other then :)


    One Power
    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll teach Anyanna whichever of the weaves Leilanna knows that she wants to learn, I can't find the link to Anyanna's character sheet to know which ones she doesn't have.


    Re: Kannet's comment
    Leilanna gives a small smile, a faraway look coming over her "The ocean is a wondrous place, filled with strange smells, stranger people, and even stranger foods. When I was young, my first time visiting the Ocean I think, my father gave me an oyster and a knife, and told me to eat it. It took me a long time to work out that I had to pry the shell open and then eat the creature inside. I made a mighty mess of it as well. The merchant he bought it from was so amused she gave me another for free.

    Her gaze sharpening, the looked down at Kannet, suddenly serious again
    However, stepping onto the ocean is like stepping onto another world, one with completely different rules. Your Ma is right, the Ocean *is* dangerous. Misread the signs of the weather and you and everyone on your ship drowns, go swimming at the wrong time of day and you get smashed to pieces against the rocks, or sucked out to sea.
    Poke the wrong rock and you're infected with a painful poison and eat the wrong part of a creature and you vomit until you hack up your own lungs.

    There's a reason Sailors think of the Ocean like a living thing. Treat her right, be mindful of her moods, and it's a marvel to behold. Ignore her warnings or fail to learn her rules, and she'll kill you faster than a headsman's axe.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Satisfied with the relative safety of their camp site, Berin provides his steed with some nourishment before helping himself to some rations. He then proceeds to roll out his bed to begin hunkering down.

    Looking towards Luran, he asks, "You want first watch tonight?" And then with a second pause, "And you think we should go without a fire tonight?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran shrugged at the question of the watch. "Are we splitting the watches between you and I? Or including Lukas? And what about his friend? Either way, I'll take the first or last watch."

    Glancing at the mound, he nodded again. "No fire is probably best. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I think we should put anything on that mound ... it's too ... straight to be natural. I think someone did this, but I don't know how." Looking over at the two women who were already in deep discussions, he shrugged agin. "Maybe it was one of those damane."
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The boy nods at Leilanna's words, easily accepting your wisdom and apparently superior knowledge.

    He looks up at the thought of him being on watch, but doesn't say anything, and his face bears a determined look.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "I'll take the first watch, with Kannet---after all, this is his first night, and I'd like to put him through some exercises. Then Berin for the second watch, then you. Will that do?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    If this doesn't end up being explicitly drawn out, then assume that when/if I'm on watch with Kannet I do as follows:

    - Make a pretense of giving him sword lessons
    - Weave a circle of silence
    - Explain the five powers, including that males are stronger with Fire/Earth and women with Air/Water, with both sharing proficiency in Spirit.
    - Explain the party dynamics (only he and I can channel; Leilanna is a wilder, Anya is of the Tower)
    - Explain the current party mission (according to myself and Anya)
    - Explain how the majority of channelers with the spark die if left untrained.
    - Explain the taint on saidin, and how madness can be kept at bay (for a time) through careful vigilance and mental self-discipline.
    - Try to gauge his relative strength by having him hold as much as he can without forcing himself
    - Explain that he should never channel noticeably where someone may notice it.
    - Explain why a sul'dam and a leashed one are traveling with us.
    - Briefly explain the Aes Sedai Ajahs, with a brief warning to him that the only ones he should actively fear are Reds.


  12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    As Lukas came up and took the first watch, Luran simply nodded. Apparently no one cared about the unnaturalness of the mound. Regardless, he wouldn't be sleeping on or near it. Gathering his things, he found a good place to set up his things for the evening.

    If he found food, he will eat with the others, quietly, then wander off to his spot for some sleep.
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Apparently no one cared about the unnaturalness of the mound.
    From the sounds of things neither Anyanna or Leilanna have noticed, and were already talking when you mentioned it. You may need to prod them slightly if you want their thoughts :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin nodded at Lukas and Luran, "That will do fine."

    Still pondering what Luran said about the mound, Berin wondered if perhaps it did require further investigation.

    Walking towards the women, "Pardon Aes Sedai, but Luran had an uneasy feeling about this mound. Something about it being unnatural. I don't suppose there is any way for you to let us know if there is any trouble associated with it, or if its just a wonder of nature?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  15. - Top - End - #435
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna, apparently deep in concentration, startled when Berin spoke. For a moment she looked angry but quickly mastered herself "Berin. Please do not call me that, it is somewhat insulting" she glanced momentarily at Anyanna "For both myself and for Aes Sedai"

    Standing gracefully, she smoothed her skirts and looked towards the mound "Something unnatural? I admit it's a regular shape, but my knowledge of nature is far below your own I think. Still, I'm happy to take a look if you like"

    Leilanna will do a loop around the mound, looking for.. well, anything out of the ordinary.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Neither Leilanna nor Berin can find anything else unatural about the mound, nor can they find an opening or buried device.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rigth this will be my last post now for a while. Lukas's first watch goes without a hitch and though Lannet seems terrified at points by what he learns, he doesn't do anything rash and retires with you, in time to be replaced by Berin.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back!


    Berin's watch is quiet at first, but as the moon slides out from behind a cloud, three sets of wings are visible circling first, but dropping towards the groups camp.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tel'Aran'Rhiod:

    Luran awakes in a murky reflection of the camp site, with no tents and only one companion. Kannet is standing on the mound, a large golden bow in hand, firing arrows into the sky that seem to travel far further than his lanky frame would allow.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Sitting quietly, peering into the distance, Berin recounts the recent days.

    Who would have ever thought an adventure like this would find me as a part of it. But its like they say, the wheel weaves.


    The evening was relatively dark, with the overcast skies, but as it began to lighten, Berin looked up to see the moon revealing itself, unfortunately more than just the moon was up there.

    Seeing the winged creatures, Berin immediately moved to Luran and Lukas to try to rouse them awake.

    With a loud whisper, "Hey guys, we got company!"

    Notching an arrow in his bow, he walks crouched low over to the woman's camp to try and get them awake as well.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  19. - Top - End - #439
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "Zzzzzzzzzzzz...."
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming all the guys were successfully woken up, for expediency.


    Roused by Berin's whispers, Lukas fumbles for his crossbow and, assuming the worst, seizes saidin.

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Dreamland
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran starred around for a moment, confused at first. Then, after a moment, he realizes he's back in the dream world. Watching Kannet for a few seconds, he resists the urge to call out to the boy. Instead, he scanned the skies, wondering what the lad was shooting at.


    (If he wakes ...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Berrin roused the group, Luran rolled to his feet, eyes scanning the area for signs of a threat. Glancing at the other woodsman, he followed his gaze upwards, seeing the three shadows. Reaching over to his horse, Luran pulled his spear out and readied himself for attack.
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Lukas is woken easily and stands with Berin prepared for an attack, but Luran seems decidedly hard to wake, and not having time to waste, Berin turns back to the creatures in the sky.
    Both lukas and Beirn note that they are circling slowly, not approaching too fast, but certainly coming lower and lower towards the group's camp.

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kannet spins and sees Luran, the bow immediately vanishing: "I was just practising" heresponds guiltily, "I can shoot an arrow all the way to Falme from here!" he seems decidedly excited with this new feat, rather than perturbed or sceptical.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I was just practising" heresponds guiltily, "I can shoot an arrow all the way to Falme from here!"

    Luran simply stared at the boy for a moment, wondering how he knew he could shoot that distance if he couldn't even see the town from here. Glancing back at the night sky, he grunted to himself, before asking "How'd you manage that?
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    The boy looks faintly puzzled, "Well I must just be good, you know, like the heroes out of the tales ma tells." A grin returns to his face only to slide away again as a woman materializes in front of him.

    She is shorter than Luran, about Kannet's height, with a full complexion, blonde flowing locks and, Luran can't help but note, a rather large endowment. The woman looks surprised to see Kannet there, and her shock is evident when she sees you as well. Her eyes widen, but she makes no move to speak, only pausing watching the pair of you like a wolf.


    Also:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sine we've established Berin did try to wake Leilanna and Anyanna, they rise as well and join the other two. The damane, Suffi, also stirs and watches the pair of channellers getting up.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well I must just be good, you know, like the heroes out of the tales ma tells."

    Luran is about to make a comment on the value of humility when suddenly a well-endowed woman suddenly appears in front of them. Eyes narrowed, Luran looks between the two of them for a moment, before clearing his throat. "So .... Who's this? Who are you?" Luran waited for a response from someone, arms crossed.
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    The woman raises an eyebrow questioningly. Your question obviously throws her. "You? I thought...?" But she doesn't finish whatever she was saying. Instead she pauses, muttering half to herself: "You are not Elan then, too busy playing Ba'alzamon and two fell at the Eye. Then who are you?" Her questions seems vaguely rhetorical, as though she is attempting to solve a puzzle of her own. After examining you for a short time longer grins wolfishly. "So you aren't them, how interesting."

    But she turns away from you and focusses on the mound. You suddenly see the earth on one side parting and Kannet leaps away. This draws a chuckle from the woman, but she is focussed on the ground which parts to reveal stairs under the earth.

    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran stared at her, blanching at the use of the name Ba'alzamon. Squaring himself, he watched her do something to the ground and open up a set of stairs, stairs that Kannet didn't seem to know were there.

    I knew there was something strange about that mound ...

    Clearing his throat, he continued to stare at the woman, before speaking aloud. "You didn't answer my question, ma'am. Who are you?"
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod

    Spoiler
    Show
    "You should be quiet, I'll deal with you in a moment." She begins to head down the steps, and a light suddenly blooms from within the mound, though you cannot see what shed it.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod

    [SPOILER]"You should be quiet, I'll deal with you in a moment." When the woman starts walking into the mound, Luran frowns, suddenly uncertain about what is going on. Glancing back at Kannet, he nods his head towards her disappearing form. "Do you know who she is? What's going on here? You've obviously been doing this for a lot longer than I have ... what gives?"

    Glancing down at his sides, he wished he had a weapon ... just in case.[/QUOTE]
    I'm moving at the end of October - posting will be sporadic and probably short. Bot my characters as necessary, but I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    The boy moves sswiftly to your side, though you can't quite recall him walking there. "I've never seen anyone else here, except you."

    As Luran frets over his lack of a weapon, he suddenly finds himself wearing his standard garb, weapons in hand.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •