Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran blinked for a moment, then looked back at the mound. "Well, I don't know what's going on, but I'll tell you, she feels ... dangerous. I'm not sure if we should check on what she's doing, or just get out of here."

    He pondered for a moment, lost in thought for a bit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll listen to Kannet's opinion ... however, if there are no opinions to the contrary, Luran will eventually decide to go peer in the mound behind the woman.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Dang, are you really throwing one of the Foresaken at us? Yeesh, things suddenly got REAL, dog!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran blinked for a moment, then looked back at the mound. "Well, I don't know what's going on, but I'll tell you, she feels ... dangerous. I'm not sure if we should check on what she's doing, or just get out of here."

    He pondered for a moment, lost in thought for a bit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll listen to Kannet's opinion ... however, if there are no opinions to the contrary, Luran will eventually decide to go peer in the mound behind the woman.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Dang, are you really throwing one of the Foresaken at us? Yeesh, things suddenly got REAL, dog!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moo-ha-ha-ha-haaa


    Kannet, excited by the prospect of danger heads with you towards the mound. You can see from the light within the mound that the stairs go down a distance (about 5 metres) before turning to the right.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving quietly forward, Luran kept his hand on the hilt the axe that had appeared on his hip. He tried to move as quietly as possible, keeping his eyes and ears open.

    Spoiler
    Show
    While I hate rolling, I probably should ...
    Hide: (1d20+8)[14]
    Move Silent: (1d20+8)[19]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[8]
    Spot: (1d20+7)[24]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran rounds the corner almost silently, Kannet close on his heels. They go down a few more steps before stepping into a small square room hung with items. Unlike the ones in the village houses, these objects don't shimmer and change, but solildly remain. The strange woman is investigating the objects and doesn't notice your approach.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran peered around the room, wondering what the items were. Moving carefully, he glanced at a few, trying to discern what their purpose was. The fact that they did not flicker was not lost on the woodsman ... but he was uncertain what exactly that meant.

    He kept an ear and eye out for the woman, still, even as he looked to see what she was staring at.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The items vary in colour, size, shape, and seemingly have few unifying characteristics. A large birdcage stands out, that looks as though it is made of ivory, and the warrior in you notices a row of weapons on one wall.

    You can see a small corridor (about 4ft high) moving away from you westwards, but the woman has ignored both the corridor and the weapons: she seems to be looking at a pile of objects that have been left haphazardly, though she has yet to take one of them.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran nudged Kannet, nodding his head towards the corridor. He scanned over the weapons, checking for anything interesting in the bunch. He figured he wouldn't draw attention to himself, but still wanted to learn as much as he could about the area ... strange though it all was.

    Maybe Leilanna or the Aes Sedai would know ...
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    You find weapons of all varieties: swords, halberds, axes, and more exotic weapons you haven't seen before, such as short poles that broaden at one end only to taper to a point, almost like a spear, but subtly different, and too short. Kannet starts investigating, and clumsily kicks a bowl that was on the floor.

    The strange woman glances up, and her eyes fall upon the bowl. They light up momentarily, before shooting back to you. Before you can do anything, you're lifted off the floor and immobilised by Air. You hear a muffled cry and realise the same thing must have happened to Kannet, but it is quickly cut short. You can't even turn your head enough to see if he is alive or not.
    "You followed me here? That was brave, but now I want to know who sent you: whoever found two dreamers in this world is very clever I must say, I'd have liked you for my collection." You feel the pressure around your jaw lessen and you are free to speak.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled initiative already. From now on Concentration checks to do things/leave dream.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran started to flail in terror, but he couldn't move his body, as if frozen in ice. Eyes wide, he struggled uselessly against his bonds as the woman turned her attention to them. Unfortunately, her questions meant absolutely nothing to him.

    Once the bonds loosened on his throat and mouth, he gasped, "I don't know what you're talking about! We weren't sent by anyone! Release us!"

    Gazing about, his eyes caught on the weapons, resting for a moment on the bizarre spear-like one. Unable to do anything but think, he remembered what the boy was doing earlier. Perhaps if Kannet could do the 'impossible' then Luran could to. He focused on the spear, seeing it fly through the air and strike the woman from behind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration check: (1d20+2)[16] ... whee ...
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    The spear wavers for a second, and then suddenly is in flight, but it's aim is spoiled at the last moment as she turns aside and it only slices across her ribs. The woman lets out a shriek, and you find your bindings vanish, dropping the pair of you unceremoniously to the floor. There is suddenly an intense heat, and a ball of flame rockets from Kannet's outstretched palms, but abruptly disappears just as it reaches the woman.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Post next action with Concentration and Reflex save.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran gasped as he was released, partly stunned that his trick had worked. It was obvious that he had a lot to learn about this world. Unfortunately, he suspected his opportunities for future education would be sparse if he didn't deal with this woman first.

    Focusing on the spear, he 'called' it to his hand, thinking to rear back and throw it. But as the fire erupted from Kannet, he began to second guess that idea. Concentrating, he growled to the boy. "Get out of here ... WAKE UP!"

    Focusing, he tried to wake himself up ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration check: (1d20+2)[13]
    Reflex: (1d20+5)[14]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    The woman turns to glare at Kannet, and the fire that she had quenched bloomed in reverse, spouting from her hands and engulfing the pair of you. Luran just manages to dodge to the side, his clothes burning, but he hears Kannet scream briefly. Luran is unable to wake up, and stares on as the flames swirl around Kannet before dying out. The boy's body crumples, but vanishes before it could even hit the floor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran takes 10 lethal damage (it will be converted to non lethal on waking, if you do...)

    Since waking isn't your whole action (just a swift one), feel free to try something else.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Kannet drop, Luran lunges forward, trying to kill this woman before she destroys them both with magic flames.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, not sure what to do here, but first question ... did Luran get the spear? If so, he'll charge like he's going to stab her, but will throw it at the last minute to try and catch her off guard.

    If, however, he does not have it, he'll simply charge with the axe he had created on his hip ...

    Yeesh ... this is going to get messy!

    Concentration check, I guess: (1d20+2)[20]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry yes, you did get the spear.


    Luran leaps forward, with spear in hand, and launches it at his foe. The woman clearly didn't expect it, as was evident from her look of surprise, but at the last moment she half turned on her heel and vanished. The spear sailed clearly through the space she'd occupied, and embedded itself in the wall opposite.

    A couple of seconds pass, but nothing happens.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran froze for a moment, blinking rapidly as he scanned around for the woman. Not seeing any movement, he stepped forward to pull the spear from the wall, then rushed back to check on Kannet.

    "Wh-what did you do? With the fire?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Checking on the boy, hanging onto that spear, keeping an ear out for the return of the woman. If he can walk, I think it's time to get out of here!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kannet is nowhere to be seen: as stated above, his body vanished with the flames.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran realized he was alone in a bizarre dream realm, surrounded by odd objects that didn't react like everything else in his previous visits. Frowning, he stood and searched around for a moment, trying to remember as many items as he could. However, seeing no immediate danger, he continued to search a bit further ... hoping against hope he might find something that would aid him in finding his sister.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry ... I totally misread that as the flames disappearing. My bad! Let me know if you need me to make any more rolls ...
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bowl in the centre of the room draws your attention, and stands out from the other artefacts that adorn the room. For some reason as you look around you see that the spear is back on the wall rack, not in the wall. You notice a bronze bracer with ivy drawn across it, and a small dog that looks as though it's made of charcoal. But despite all that the bowl stands out for you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can make another attempt to leave the dream, you just need a DC15 concentration check
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now Luran is curious. He walks over and tries to remove the spear again, then walks over to the bowl. He looks a bit closer at the bowl, wondering what it is, and why it keeps drawing his attention. While the bracer and dog are interesting, this seems ... important?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Checking on some stuff first, but soon I'm sure.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, she'll be coming back...


    You can't discern anything from the bowl, but recall that after the woman saw it her eyes lit up. The spear in your hand feels solid, and doesn't shift like Kannet's equipment used to.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Tel'Aran'Rhiod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh sure ... rush me

    Luran stood for a moment before reaching out to grab the bowl, then focused on trying to wake up again. If he concentrated hard enough, he might even be able to keep both the bowl and the spear ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a series of rolls, since he'll be trying to wake back up. It should be obvious he does not understand how the mechanics of the dream world work
    Concentration checks: (1d20+2)[19] WHEW!
    (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d20+2)[5]
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-09-19 at 05:48 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran snaps awake, fumbling as his hands no longer grasp the objects he thought he was holding. He sits up straight and can hear the muffled words of the others outside of the tent.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Stumbling up, Luran grabbed his immediate gear, looking for Kannet. If the boy wasn't there, he stepped outside to see what all the commotion was. Spear in hand, he looked around, fearing the woman had followed them to the waking world.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    @Luran: You see Kannet asleep in the next tent, and the others of the group gathered, and discussing something in earnest. The woman is nowhere to be seen, and the mound appears undisturbed.

    @The Rest: The three winged creatures are circling lower, now seemingly on a direct trajectory for the camp. Anyanna and Leilanna have risen and you can see Luran also wandering about the camp (though he appears as yet, oblivious of the looming threat).
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran tromped over to Kannet, nudging the boy with his spear. "Wake up, boy!"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    As he rolls over you see his face is burned and melted, and his body sags, lifeless.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry ... I thought I posted yesterday ...


    "BLOOD AND ASHES!"
    Luran stumbled back from the lifeless body, horror and fear evident on his face. He gripped the spear in his hands, eyes locked on the boy's still form, then suddenly started looking around, seemingly panicked, eyes searching for something.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-09-21 at 11:00 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "I think it's safe to assume they've spotted us at this point," Berin says aloud, "And perhaps we should strike first this time."

    He raises his bow, and focuses on the nearest beast, anticipating its flight pattern. As he gets ready to fire, he hears Luran cry out, but he ignores it as he calms his mind and lets loose his arrow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d8)[3]
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Turning to the others, Luran rushed over to Leilanna Anyanna. "H-he-help him! The boy! His face ... it's ... it's ... come see!" So trapped in his fear focused on getting help, Luran completely missed Berin firing off into the sky ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if the others are still tracking, but here's my initial attempt at CPR to the game
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Am waiting for actions from Leilanna and Lukas, if I don't have responses by tomorrow, I'll PM a wake up call.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •